Can't install Canon ZoomBrowser. Can't uninstall it either.

ZoomBrowser came with my new Canon i960 printer.

While ZoomBrowser was installing, the Windows 98 PC crashed. Now
ZoomBrowser is not usable.  ;-(

Specifically:

- If I try to run ZoomBrowser, it fails saying,
  "The Managed Software Installer failed to install the program..."

- If I try to install ZoomBrowser, it fails saying it's installed already.

- If I try to UNinstall ZoomBrowser, it fails saying it isn't installed.

How do I get past these problems and get ZoomBrowser installed? Is there
something in the Registry that needs to be changed, for example?
0
Jay

"Jay" <itsjay_97plus1_DoTheMath@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> ZoomBrowser came with my new Canon i960 printer.
>
> While ZoomBrowser was installing, the Windows 98 PC crashed. Now
> ZoomBrowser is not usable.  ;-(
>

> Specifically:
>
> - If I try to run ZoomBrowser, it fails saying,
>   "The Managed Software Installer failed to install the program..."
>
> - If I try to install ZoomBrowser, it fails saying it's installed already.
>
> - If I try to UNinstall ZoomBrowser, it fails saying it isn't installed.
>

> How do I get past these problems and get ZoomBrowser installed? Is there
> something in the Registry that needs to be changed, for example?

Is it W98 compatible?

Lane

0
lane
3/2/2004 11:28:41 PM
Jay <itsjay_97plus1_DoTheMath@yahoo.com> wrote in

> ZoomBrowser came with my new Canon i960 printer.
>
> While ZoomBrowser was installing, the Windows 98 PC crashed. Now
> ZoomBrowser is not usable.  ;-(
>

> Specifically:
>
> - If I try to run ZoomBrowser, it fails saying,
>   "The Managed Software Installer failed to install the program..."
>
> - If I try to install ZoomBrowser, it fails saying it's installed
> already.
>
> - If I try to UNinstall ZoomBrowser, it fails saying it isn't
> installed.
>

> How do I get past these problems and get ZoomBrowser installed? Is
> there something in the Registry that needs to be changed, for
example?

    	Try deleting the entire Zoom Browser directory (probably in your
Program Files directory, if you used the default). The installation
program usually looks for the executable file to see if it's already
installed.

    	If that fails, contact Canon customer support. They should be
able to tell you how to manually uninstall.

jaybee
0
Jacques
3/2/2004 11:44:14 PM
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:36:08 -0600, Jay <itsjay_97plus1_DoTheMath@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>ZoomBrowser came with my new Canon i960 printer.
>
>While ZoomBrowser was installing, the Windows 98 PC crashed. Now
>ZoomBrowser is not usable.  ;-(

(snip)

After browsing Canon's website recently, I took their suggestion of upgrading
from ZB version 3  (which came with my Canon camera) to v4.  Had an issue and
zapped off an email to the link on the web-page.  Received an auto-response with
a number of non-applicable suggestions and an "escalate" button.

Sent the problem details and had a response straight off - less than 12 hours.

I'd suggest hitting them with the problem, either via the web contact link or on
CareCenter@cits.canon.com
0
budgie
3/3/2004 4:06:08 AM
lane wrote:

> "Jay" <itsjay_97plus1_DoTheMath@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
>> ZoomBrowser came with my new Canon i960 printer.
>>
>> While ZoomBrowser was installing, the Windows 98 PC crashed. Now
>> ZoomBrowser is not usable.  ...
>
> Is it W98 compatible?

It's supposed to be.

On the printer's box and in the "quick start guide" Windows 98 is listed
among the supported platforms.

In the electronic "photo application guide," it says, "ZoomBrowser EX does
not support Windows 95 or Windows NT" but nothing I can find excludes
Win98.
0
Jay
3/4/2004 12:21:59 AM
Jacques E. Bouchard wrote:

> Jay <itsjay_97plus1_DoTheMath@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>> ZoomBrowser came with my new Canon i960 printer.
>>
>> While ZoomBrowser was installing, the Windows 98 PC crashed. Now
>> ZoomBrowser is not usable.  ...
>
>          Try deleting the entire Zoom Browser directory (probably in
>          your
> Program Files directory, if you used the default). The installation
> program usually looks for the executable file to see if it's already
> installed.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. It really helped, but in an
unexpected way.

To find the files to delete, I used Windows "Find." I didn't see a Zoom
Browser directory, but did see ZoomBrowser.exe. Giving it a try, I double-
clicked and, lo and behold, it ran.

Now I see what the original problem was. Before the software installation
process crashed, the software was actually copied onto the C drive. But the
shortcuts that were set up in the Start menu and on the desktop were all
bogus. They didn't point to the software files. Never saw that before.

Thanks again!
0
Jay
3/4/2004 1:07:18 AM
A lot of installer programs copy all the install files to a location on the
Hard Drive (usually at the root of the C drive) before running the install
from that copied directory.

I absolutely HATE this practice, and I wish they would stop it.  It's not
just Canon.

They always leave the garbage at the root of the C drive as well :(

-Larry

"Jay" <itsjay_97plus1_DoTheMath@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Jacques E. Bouchard wrote:
>
> > Jay <itsjay_97plus1_DoTheMath@yahoo.com> wrote in
> >
> >> ZoomBrowser came with my new Canon i960 printer.
> >>
> >> While ZoomBrowser was installing, the Windows 98 PC crashed. Now
> >> ZoomBrowser is not usable.  ...
> >
> >          Try deleting the entire Zoom Browser directory (probably in
> >          your
> > Program Files directory, if you used the default). The installation
> > program usually looks for the executable file to see if it's already
> > installed.
>
> Thank you very much for the suggestion. It really helped, but in an
> unexpected way.
>
> To find the files to delete, I used Windows "Find." I didn't see a Zoom
> Browser directory, but did see ZoomBrowser.exe. Giving it a try, I double-
> clicked and, lo and behold, it ran.
>
> Now I see what the original problem was. Before the software installation
> process crashed, the software was actually copied onto the C drive. But
the
> shortcuts that were set up in the Start menu and on the desktop were all
> bogus. They didn't point to the software files. Never saw that before.
>
> Thanks again!

0
Larry

Maple9 Can't run, can't re-install
-I installed the maple-9 on laptop without any problem. But when I run it, nothing happens. -I tried to uninstall it with start->settings->control panel->add/remove program->maple9, the "add/remove program" freeze (for long--------). All other programs still work at that time (computer is not froozen). -I tried to shut down the computer, it needs to 'end' the 'un-installation' -I tried to re-install the maple9 from the original CD, nothing happens. -With 'autorun', it runs a few seconds and nothing happens. -Tried to installed it ...

PC freezes on start up, can't restore, can't install
Help! Just to clarify what we have so far; We have a eMachines P4 2.2ghz 80gb hd 256mb ram 64mb graps. Running xp sp1 we have a multimedia keyboard On start up the pc had been flashing up a "hotkey keyboard" icon in the menu bar at the bottom of the desktop, it went away almost immediately and carried on booting up, recently it was staying there and freezing the pc, we unplugged the speakers and the games pad and it seemed to do the job, it worked ok for about 6 weeks, then the icon stayed on...freezing the pc and making the monitor black out! We could manually switch the pc off by ...

Palm can't find com port to synch. I can't either.
Hi. I just got a palm IIIxe. It has a serial connection. When I try to synch, it can't find the computer, and it gave an error message about the com port being busy or not available. I opened the hotsynch on the laptop, and it only showed com 3 Com 1 seemed missing. Is there a way to see what com 1 is being used for? And are com ports numbered 1 and 3? Thanks Jim I wish you luck in getting this "ancient" palm device to work with XP's interpretation of Com ports. Yes there is com 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may want to search Microsoft's web site for inform...

OSX: Can't install RMagick. Can't find the ImageMagick lib
Hi all I'm trying to install RMagick because one of my used plugins for RoR needs it. But I have no idea how to do this. So I just tried sudo gem install rmagick But I'm getting the following error: Building native extensions. This could take a while... ERROR: Error installing rmagick: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension. /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby extconf.rb install rmagick checking for Ruby version >= 1.8.2... yes checking for gcc... yes checking for Magick-config... yes checking for ImageMagick version >= 6.3.0... yes c...

Can't Print, Can't Forward
Dear LN Experts, I have a simple Lotus Notes database containing a form with several fields but no subforms. In production, the application does not allow anyone to print documents created with the main form or to forward them via email. I have checked each field individually and confirmed that the form security setting allows printing and forwarding and I am at a loss to resolve the problem. Although I am a manager in the db, I myself am not allowed to print a document. The print option is grey in the file menu. If I create a new document, enter some data and save it,...

Can't do math. Can't read.
Can't do math. Can't read. We must be talking about Snit. LOL! ...

OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-1024234.html Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? By Stefanie Olsen CNET News.com July 10, 2003, 7:03 AM PT Quote: "Many of us copyright lawyers have been waiting for this issue to come up: Google is making copies of all the Web sites they index and they're not asking permission," said Fred von Lohman, an attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation. "From a strict copyright standpoint, it violates copyright." * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://rave...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
Mark writes: > Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? But on the positive side, last week the federal 9th circuit court affirmed that offering "thumbnails" of graphic images is "fair use"... http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/07/07/2141216 G. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
Does that mean that every PC that maintains a cache of web content is violating copyright ? -----Original Message----- From: Mark Wonsil [mailto:wonsil@4m-ent.com] Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 10:40 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: [HP3000-L] OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them... http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-1024234.html Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? By Stefanie Olsen CNET News.com July 10, 2003, 7:03 AM PT Quote: "Many of us copyright lawyers have been waiting for this issue to come up: Google is making cop...

Why can't my serial driver can't keep up?
Hi, I'm trying to write a serial driver for Linux 2.6.7 on an Intel Xscale PXA255 for a custom UART implemented in an FPGA. The UART is accessed through the PCI bus and seems to be working correctly. I'm testing out the driver by sending it 260,000 bytes at 19200 no parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit. Unfortunately it doesn't always receive all the data. It frequently is missing a block of about 30-100 bytes. I set up the UART to be 64 bytes deep and interrupt the processor when the FIFO gets 14 bytes full, but I think something is delaying my ISR because the data is mis...

iBlog: can't preview, can't publish
I've done a very simple Blog, when I click on preview, I have a little wheel near the preview turning around for ever, nothing happens. Same problem with the Publish function. Using iBlog 1.3.9/panther and a .mac accont. I've set everything like they say. -- *** remove "_no_junk" for mail replies *** ...

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them... #2
> -----Original Message----- > From: John Lee [mailto:jlee@vaskecomputer.com] > Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 11:41 AM > To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU > Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, > can't shoot > them... > > > Good question. And what if it's a cookie? And how do you > determine that? > And if I get a cookie that I didn't "authorize", am I entitled to > compensation for rental use of my disk space? > > John Lee Or worse yet, what if it's one of these: Hackers Hi...

New WIN98 installation of Scilab 2.5: PROBLEM: can't print to scilex from keyboard; can't change scilex background (using toolbar command)
hello and thank-you. i tried to put everything I have to say in the subject line! To amplify a little, I have just completed a new installation of scilab 2.5 on my ancient win98 operating system, on my toshiba tecra 8000 laptop. on starting scilab, i find i am able to run demos, and generally operate from the command line successfully. however as you will understand i wish to edit files, and when i try the editor (scilex) i find i am presented with a frame of black screen with a toolbar on which i can change the typeface but not the background, and i cannot put text into the edit...

Web resources about - Can't install Canon ZoomBrowser. Can't uninstall it either. - comp.periphs.printers

Canon U.S.A.
Support & Drivers - Supplies & Accessories - Feedback About Canon - Newsroom - Contact Us Advanced Search Consumer & Home Office Office Equipment ...

Canon U.S.A.
Support & Drivers - Product Registration - Supplies & Accessories - Feedback About Canon - Newsroom - Contact Us Advanced Search Consumer & ...

Canon Digital IXUS 330 - Digital Compact Camera - Canon Europe
The Digital IXUS 330 offers the best in form and function. The smart technology and the compact size make it the true go-anywhere camera that ...

Canon PowerShot TX1 specs
CNET Reviews' in-depth product review includes full specifications of the Canon PowerShot TX1. Read detailed specs along with user opinions, ...

Digital Photo Software for Windows - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
The most downloaded Digital Photo Software software, including MicroDicom, JPG to Epub Converter, and ImBatch

Canon, Olympus and Pentax release software updates
Digital Photography Review: All the latest digital camera reviews and digital imaging news. Lively discussion forums. Vast samples galleries ...

NEWS! - Lifescape's Picasa aims to be your digital "shoebox"
Michael R. Tomkins, The Imaging Resource (Monday, November 18, 2002 - 15:49 EST) Lifescape Solutions Inc. has announced an interesting new program ...

Canon 1Ds Mk III
(2007-, Full-Frame, 21MP, 5 FPS, 3" LCD, $7,850) © 2008 KenRockwell.com . It's in stock at Adorama ($7,845), J&R ($7,849), B&H ($7,850), Ritz ...

Press Release photo - Equipment Database photos at pbase.com
Canon EOS 10D –The New digital SLR incorporating a 6.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor, wide area 7 point AF and magnesium alloy body Amstelveen, The ...

Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : PowerShot Cameras