Can You Use those 7-Series Canon Cartridges in Printers Sold in the US?

In Japan, Canon sells the "Pixus" line of inkjets that looks the same
on the outside as their American versions.  For instance, the Pixus
iP3100 looks like the iP3000, while the iP4100 looks like the iP4000.

Of course, the 7-series ink is not even available here, but I was just
wondering anyway.  Are the cartridges interchangeable between the
siblings?

Thanks.
0
BobbytheBrain

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Printer Ink

Anyone using Canon i-series printers?
I think I already know the answer, but thought I'd ask just in case I missed something simple.... Anyone successfully using any of the Canon i-series of printers with linux? More specifically, is anyone using a Canon i860 printer? It appears that Canon's typically aren't well supported for linux. But after few searches, it doesn't look like anyone has even tried any of the i-series printers. Are they perhaps known under a different name? BJC, LBP, etc? Thanks for any help. -Michael I'm using Red Hat 9.0 and I chose the BJC-7004 Photo. It works well with Open Offic...

Can HP27 Cartridges Be Used In Hp21 Printer ?
I have an HP Deskjet which uses HP27 and HP28 ink cartridges. I am thinking of purchasing a more recent deskjet which is of a similar design but uses HP21 and HP22 ink. I read on a website that the only difference between HP21/HP27 and HP22/HP28 is that HP reduced the amount of ink in the latest cartridges and that physically the cartridges are the same size etc. Assuming this information is correct would I be able to use my old cartridges in the newer machine ? Mike. "Martin" <no_spamming_@.com> wrote in message news:1158354508.50257.1@despina.uk.cla...

Can I use other bluetooth adapter for canon printer.
Hi, I just recieve canon aii in one. I bought it through online with macbook pro for $100 rebate. I know, It is my mistake didn't make sure my printer not built in bluetooth. I try to buy the bluetooth adapter and turns out it's about $75. I'm paying $25 for my printer and paying $75 for adapter is kind of crazy, I found some of other manufactur's bluetooth adapter and it's cheep. so, I wander if i use other adapter can I use wireless way, or only canon adapter will work? anyone tried it? Thank you. ...

Printer sharing over wireless using Printopia
We are trying to share a printer for use by iPad users. The printer is dire= ctly connected to a Mac running Printopia. Both the Mac and all of the iPad= s are connected to the same WLAN. It's working fine at one location, but no= t at all at another location (iPads cannot see the printer). The location i= t works at has standalone APs (mostly 1131AGs). The site it does not work a= t has lightweight APs (4402 WLC running 6.0.199.4, also with 1131AGs). The = controller has multicast enabled, has multicast mode set to 'multicast', an= d has a multicast address set to 239.21.0....

i960 Canon printer...what other brands can I use for photos
Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon brand. I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. TIA >Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon >brand. >I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. I use Epson papers with my i960 with great success. My favorite among the Epson varieties is ColorLife. I am partial to semi gloss or lustre papers. YMMV John On 27 Apr 2004 23:53:40 GMT, jmoorets@aol.com (JMooreTS) wrote: >>Just curious because Costco sells other ph...

Canon printer, can I reduce the amount of black ink being used?
I couldn't find the paper I used to buy for making flyers and brochures. So, I got another paper that is very nice, but isn't quite as compatible with my printer. It is a glossy flyer type paper. It prints fine except for black, which pools since it isn't being absorbed well enough. I managed to solve the problem with photos by reducing the opacity of the photo to 75%. Then it prints fine. What I need to figure out is how to adjust text in a word processor file. I managed to fix today's problem by changing the black text to dark blue. That comes out fine. But I w...

Can a laser printer cartridge with an expired datecode be safely used?
I bought a laser printer cartridge from the web the other day, and found out that it had a date of manufacture of four years ago. Can this cartridge damage my printer? "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:Xrednfw1XuTJNhDUnZ2dnUVZ_tHinZ2d@giganews.com... >I bought a laser printer cartridge from the web the other day, and found >out that it had a date of manufacture of four years ago. Can this cartridge >damage my printer? > No. And if the cartridge was in a sealed bag, it should be good for another 2 - 3 years. I'...

does Canon have a printer that doesn't use a "FINE" cartridge?
Hello, i need to replace my second Canon printer and notice that the newer ones (Pixmas) have this "FINE" system. I don't need photo, just good color, and preferably an AIO type (one with a flatbed copier capability). Looked at an MP160, MP180, MP460.. They have this "FINE" cartridge system and I'd prefer as few cartridges as absolutely necessary... Anybody with an idea of a model still available that still uses the three-colors + 1-black cartridge configuration like the i series ones? Really appreciate any help you can suggest... Thanks!! Mike ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Can a USB port used by a printer be used for a scanner?
I've tried installing a scanner by connecting it to a USB port normally used for a printer. Can I do this? Like, when I want to use the printer or scanner i just connect then to the same port when needed? I would have thought so, but for some reason I can't see the scanner after installing the software In principle, yes, you can do that. However, some devices will only work with root ports (motherboard ports) and won't work on a hub port. And a particular product's drivers might behave in an unconventional way that, for that device, prohibited a mode of operation t...

Printer for a Series 7
I need a small mobile printer for my Series 7. Something that is light but durable and that I can carry around with me. What would anyone suggest I get. Thanks ina dvance David ************************* nataraj@screaming.net DAVID HANCOCK www.stores.ebay.co.uk/bandagedfingers ...

Non-US store that will ship a Canon printer to US?
I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs, whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this. I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that doesn't work. Way, way, way too many hits. Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a web/mail order store that will ship a printer to the US? Have any US readers in this newsgroup successfully imported a Canon printer? Did you have any problems with customs about the Canon trademark? (question based on personal experience buying Nikon cameras from Hong Kong in the late 60s.) Or, can I simply order a spare part that will enable me to print onto CDs, using a USA version of the printer? Thanks in advance "Lady Margeret Thatcher" <not@home.com> wrote in message news:kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com... > I'm miffed that in the US the new Canon printers won't print on CDs, > whereas the same printers sold outside the US will do this. > > I've tried to locate non-US stores using Google and Froogle, but that > doesn't work. Way, way, way too many hits. > > Can any non-US participant in this newsgroup suggest a web/mail order > store that will ship a printer to the US? Do you need a 110V model? << From: Lady Margeret Thatcher not@home.com Date: Mon, Feb 7, 2005 1:19 AM Message-id: <kb5e011bafa4vlmuq3uq7pu7u1jqg971r7@4ax.com> ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

using the printer object, how do I tell what my default printer is
I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer Dim prt As Printer Set prt = Application.Printers(0) but it doesn't and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight possible printers so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default printer' but I can't find one is there a way to do this ? On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote: > I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings > so I'm thinking this will...

Can I use postscript or PCL to tell the printer which paper bin to use?
I'm looking for an automated way to print out PDF files from a server that will also tell my HP LJ5500 printer which paper bin to use for printing. Is this possible? Any pointer is appreciated. Thanks in advance. pnlam wrote: > I'm looking for an automated way to print out PDF files from a server > that will also tell my HP LJ5500 printer which paper bin to use for > printing. Is this possible? Yes. Open the PPD for the printer in question and search for the keyword "InputSlot". You'll have to insert the specific PS calls, eg. <</ManualFeed fals...

Can Printer Cartridges Die??
I have a 3 yr. old Canon BJC 2100; very basic. I use an all black ink cartridge in it, as well as the one that came with it, the cartridge holder which holds a replaceable black tank, and a color tank, which contains all three colors in one tank. Was going to print a photo. Opened up the printer, exchanged all-black cartridge for the color/black one. Once closed up the printer's sposed to do a head cleaning and then it's all set. Well with that color/black cartridge in there...NOTHING happens. I put the black ...

Selling used printer cartridges?
Hello. I know Staples will buy back printer cartridges (two bucks for each one), but they require me to apply for an account which I don't want to do. I just want to sell and buy something without registrations, etc. like recyling bottles, cans, etc. in person. Are there are other local companies/stores that will buy them back for money? Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Where there is sugar, there are bound to be ants." --Malay Proverb /\___/\ Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Qua...

Can't delete printer from Printers Folder
When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and have to restart. Thanks, Patrick Les Moore wrote: > When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I > need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This > happens as soon as I click on the...

Web resources about - Can You Use those 7-Series Canon Cartridges in Printers Sold in the US? - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...