Canon 4000 series printer heads #2

Does anyone have any insight into the differences in the 4000, 4100,
4200, 4300 and 4400 print heads?
I have a 4400 that not long after purchase started printing vertical
lines at the end of each pass ( I think , ) as the head changes
direction. I happened to measure the voltage between the printer and
the computers ground ( because I noticed a tiny spark when connecting
the two ) and got around a volt difference. It could be normal or
possibly I got a ground loop and some transistor/driver blew.

In any case I was also wondering if the problem was not in the print
head. I have an opportunity right now to get either 4100 or 4300 real
cheep but not sure if the heads are compatible, although, around the
time I first received it ( gift ) I may have sean somewhere, print heads
for sale. At the time it was all new to me ( BC21,BC this or that) so I
am not entirely sure if it was a print head/ink cartridge holder or an
ink cartridge itself, if it was the print head then they are most likely
all the same.

Maybe I could even buy say the 4300 and swap the ROMs to upgrade it to 4400?

Thanks for any help.
Sam.

0
Sambo

The print head is exactly the same for each model in the 4xxx series.

Cari
www.coribright.com

"Sambo" <spw@eol.ca> wrote in message news:3F67C455.4040700@eol.ca...
> Does anyone have any insight into the differences in the 4000, 4100,
> 4200, 4300 and 4400 print heads?
> I have a 4400 that not long after purchase started printing vertical
> lines at the end of each pass ( I think , ) as the head changes
> direction. I happened to measure the voltage between the printer and
> the computers ground ( because I noticed a tiny spark when connecting
> the two ) and got around a volt difference. It could be normal or
> possibly I got a ground loop and some transistor/driver blew.
>
> In any case I was also wondering if the problem was not in the print
> head. I have an opportunity right now to get either 4100 or 4300 real
> cheep but not sure if the heads are compatible, although, around the
> time I first received it ( gift ) I may have sean somewhere, print heads
> for sale. At the time it was all new to me ( BC21,BC this or that) so I
> am not entirely sure if it was a print head/ink cartridge holder or an
> ink cartridge itself, if it was the print head then they are most likely
> all the same.
>
> Maybe I could even buy say the 4300 and swap the ROMs to upgrade it to
4400?

> Thanks for any help.
> Sam.

0
Cari
9/18/2003 9:29:47 PM
Thanks

Cari wrote:

> The print head is exactly the same for each model in the 4xxx series.
>
> Cari
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Sambo" <spw@eol.ca> wrote in message news:3F67C455.4040700@eol.ca...
>
>>Does anyone have any insight into the differences in the 4000, 4100,
>>4200, 4300 and 4400 print heads?
>>I have a 4400 that not long after purchase started printing vertical
>>lines at the end of each pass ( I think , ) as the head changes
>>direction. I happened to measure the voltage between the printer and
>>the computers ground ( because I noticed a tiny spark when connecting
>>the two ) and got around a volt difference. It could be normal or
>>possibly I got a ground loop and some transistor/driver blew.
>>
>>In any case I was also wondering if the problem was not in the print
>>head. I have an opportunity right now to get either 4100 or 4300 real
>>cheep but not sure if the heads are compatible, although, around the
>>time I first received it ( gift ) I may have sean somewhere, print heads
>>for sale. At the time it was all new to me ( BC21,BC this or that) so I
>>am not entirely sure if it was a print head/ink cartridge holder or an
>>ink cartridge itself, if it was the print head then they are most likely
>>all the same.
>>
>>Maybe I could even buy say the 4300 and swap the ROMs to upgrade it to
>>
> 4400?
>
>>Thanks for any help.
>>Sam.

0
Sambo

Canon 4000 series printer heads
Does anyone have any insight into the differences in the 4000, 4100, 4200, 4300 and 4400 print heads? I have a 4400 that not long after purchase started printing vertical lines at the end of each pass ( I think , ) as the head changes dirrection. I happened to measure the voltage between the printer and the computers ground ( because I noticed a tiny spark when connecting the two ) and got around a volt difference. It could be normal or possibly I got a ground loop and some transistor/driver blew. In any case I was also wondering if the problem was not in the print head. I have an opportunity right now to get either 4100 or 4300 real cheep but not sure if the heads are compatible, although, around the time I first received it ( gift ) I may have sean somewhere, print heads for sale. At the time it was all new to me ( BC21,BC this or that) so I am not antierly sure if it was a print head/ink cartridge holder or an ink cartridge itself, if it was the print head then thy are most likely all the same. Maybe I could even buy say the 4300 and swap the ROMS to upgrade it to 4400? Thanks for any help. Sam. ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

Canon printers #2
Hello everyone Does anyone know please, if Canon produce a printer with the paper-loading at the bottom, as per the HP series? Reason for asking; there is very little room below my computer deask? regards markg Easy answer. The new Pixma line - iP3000 and up has dual paper paths. Ron "markg" <grimerz2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1116435978.311498.131810@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello everyone > > Does anyone know please, if Canon produce a printer with the > paper-loading at the bottom, as per the HP series? > > Reason for asking; there is very little room below my computer deask? > > regards > > markg > markg wrote: > Hello everyone > > Does anyone know please, if Canon produce a printer with the > paper-loading at the bottom, as per the HP series? > > Reason for asking; there is very little room below my computer deask? > > regards > > markg Why you asking here? You too lazy to visit the Canon website to find out for yourself? Does your mother still wipe your arse for you too...? -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message news:HSLie.37973$a25.27819@fe06.highwinds-media.phx... > markg wrote: >> Hello everyone >> >> Does anyone know please, if Canon produce a printer with the >> paper-loading...

Where is head in canon printer?
I have i950 printer. I am wondering printer head is separate from ink cart. If so, where the head is located. In case, I want to wash it. Satoshi On my i960 the head is separate and I needed to install it first before the carts. There is a large dark-gray lever that pulls forward and the whole print head comes out. The ink carts rest on top of it. Never had a problem with the head...yet. Mack Satoshi wrote: > I have i950 printer. I am wondering printer head is separate from > ink cart. If so, where the head is located. In case, I want to wash > it. Satoshi This is what is termed a stupid question. You know it's separate - you had to install it before the cartridges! You're absolutely right. I was stupid. But I did not recall how I installed the i950 when I got it a million years ago. I need a fresh 1 GB RAM for my brain. Sorry for this stupid post. Satoshi "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message news:bumpqj$33v$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > Satoshi wrote: > > I have i950 printer. I am wondering printer head is separate from > > ink cart. If so, where the head is located. In case, I want to wash > > it. Satoshi > > This is what is termed a stupid question. You know it's separate - you had > to install it before the cartridges! > > The i950 printhead is located directly below the gray release lever. It wasn't ...

canon printer #2
it looks like I'm leaning towards a canon printer the canon pixma IP4000 looks nice, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with canon pimxa IP6000D it looks its down between the 2 printers I've mentioned. dilbert firestorm wrote: > it looks like I'm leaning towards a canon printer > > the canon pixma IP4000 looks nice, but I'm wondering if anyone has any > experience with canon pimxa IP6000D > > it looks its down between the 2 printers I've mentioned. also including IP5000 too. On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 03:14:37 +0000, dilb...

Re: Printer trays.....network printers #2
Thanks to all who responded..... I eventually did some tests trying to write to this printer with the tray selection PENV file via fcopy, and got errors back re the PENV file. I wish there had been a utility for writing these files somewhere, would make life a lot easier. Notes just say driver removes leading and trailing blanks, sends whatever is left to printer. But it errors if the rec len is not 512W, file type not PENV, if data is followed by a mix of blanks and nulls......very unfriendly. I must have missed that lesson at school. Anyway, in the end I got a PENV file that did no...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

printer head gaskets for s750 or F60 printer
I'm looking for the black gaskets that fits inside the print head for either of the above printers. I used the wrong cleaner and now they are odd shaped and don't fit the head like they should I've called Canon and I can get the whole printhead for 41.00 + but right now I just need the gaskets. Any ideas or does anyone have a old printhead where they don't need the gaskets that they wold be willing to send to me. thanks for reading Rick ...

printer #2 #2
dear sir, how to print the page to the printer.? when we enter the print button. to everyone knows that solution plzz help me. tq, jung wrote: > dear sir, > how to print the page to the printer.? when we enter the print button. > > to everyone knows that solution plzz help me. > tq, > I'm not sure what you want to do. If you're talking about printing from the browser, that is handled by the browser itself, possibly with a client-side script such as javascript. PHP is server side - if you were to print from PHP you would print to your server's printer, n...

Printer Ink

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

Canon Printer Repairs #2
Canon printer repairs http://www.electroversal.com ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Printer Head blocked in Epson Stylus C 45 printer......
I have been using Epson stylus C 43 SX and Epson stylus C45...But every now and then they get blocked heads.....Now they are not covered under warranty....?? What can I do to run them again...???Please tell me a way out...from Raj craftsofwood(at) yahoo (dotta) com..posting here will also do... Raj from India wrote: > I have been using Epson stylus C 43 SX and Epson stylus C45...But every > now and then they get blocked heads.....Now they are not covered under > warranty....?? What can I do to run them again...???Please tell me a > way out...from Raj craftsofwood(...

A3 printer; A4 Printer 2 Scanner, A3020 and RiscPC
I still have available for disposal 1 Acorn A3020 2 Plustek Scanners 1 Cannon BJC 4650 A3 phot printer RiscOs photo driver available 1 Canon BJC 4000 A4 printer I will also have shortly available a BJC 4200 printer and a RiscPC also a PC card etc. It would be a shame if they all end up on the tip. A couple of people did enquiry about these when they were first offered but did not follow through to complete the deal/collect hence the relisting. Adrian Crafer -- acrafer@orpheusmail.co.uk Hihi Adrian Crafer wrote: > I still have available for disposal > 1 Acorn A3020 &g...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Anyone using Canon i-series printers?
I think I already know the answer, but thought I'd ask just in case I missed something simple.... Anyone successfully using any of the Canon i-series of printers with linux? More specifically, is anyone using a Canon i860 printer? It appears that Canon's typically aren't well supported for linux. But after few searches, it doesn't look like anyone has even tried any of the i-series printers. Are they perhaps known under a different name? BJC, LBP, etc? Thanks for any help. -Michael I'm using Red Hat 9.0 and I chose the BJC-7004 Photo. It works well with Open Offic...

Help - Printer Jobs Slow to Printer
Greetings! I have two printers connected through a Model F5U224, 4 port Belkin USB 2.0 Hub, to the USB 2.0 port on my PC. Printer 1: HP PSC 1210. Printer 2: Cannon i560s. Recently the HP 1210 has begun to take several minutes for a print job to begin printing. The Cannon i560s has not been affected at all, and all types of print jobs, (Web pages, spreadsheet, documents, photos), spool up and begin printing immediately. At first I thought it might be related to the recent installation of AV software, but dismissed that idea because the slowdown is only with the HP printer. Compaq Presario S3200NX 2.0 Ghz 512 MB RAM Any / all suggestions and trouble-shooting tips are appreciated! TIA! -- Dave ...

Web resources about - Canon 4000 series printer heads #2 - comp.periphs.printers

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Philips Hue Starter Kit $120, LifeProof FRĒ iPhone 6 Case $30, Brother AirPrint ...
... FRĒ Waterproof iPhone 6 Case in multiple colors: $30 shipped (Reg. $72) Get ready to file your taxes w/ this Brother AirPrint Laser Printer ...

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

In a World of Smart Everything, Printers Have Finally Caught Up
... we’re saying is, we want to avoid meeting places that, well, should have never become meeting places. What are we talking about? Slow printers. ...