Canon BJC-1000, can I disable the "requires color cartridge" warning message?

I just bought a used BJC-1000 printer
Everytime I print, I get the message below.
Unfortunately, I only have a B&W cartridge and don't really need color.
Does anyone know how I can disable this message?
Can't seem to find a setting to disable it, nor is it mentioned in the
manual.
Thanks

Black BJ Cartridge Detected
Job: Untitled
Click OK after replacing cartridge
current print job requires color BJ cartridge
or
CLick Ignore to print with current cartrdige
This may result in unpredictable output

0
techman41973

<techman41973@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a used BJC-1000 printer
> Everytime I print, I get the message below.
> Unfortunately, I only have a B&W cartridge and don't really need color.
> Does anyone know how I can disable this message?
> Can't seem to find a setting to disable it, nor is it mentioned in the
> manual.
> Thanks
>

> Black BJ Cartridge Detected
> Job: Untitled
> Click OK after replacing cartridge
> current print job requires color BJ cartridge
> or
> CLick Ignore to print with current cartrdige
> This may result in unpredictable output

I used to have this printer.  If I am remembering correctly, when you click
on "Print" you get a popup box that lets you enter # of copies, etc..  Click
on "Properties" tab, somewhere in there you can choose the cartridge to use.
If you don't do that and you are printing, let's say a document that has
color, it will detect that and you will get the messages you noted.  I think
to get it to do what I suggested all the time, you can create a custom
profile and choose it as a default.  My memory is a bit fuzzy but check out
all the tabs.

0
Mary
5/11/2006 5:07:13 AM
Call canon tech support to get official answer to your question.

techman41973@yahoo.com wrote:

>I just bought a used BJC-1000 printer
>Everytime I print, I get the message below.
>Unfortunately, I only have a B&W cartridge and don't really need color.
>Does anyone know how I can disable this message?
>Can't seem to find a setting to disable it, nor is it mentioned in the
>manual.
>Thanks
>

>Black BJ Cartridge Detected
>Job: Untitled
>Click OK after replacing cartridge
>current print job requires color BJ cartridge
>or
>CLick Ignore to print with current cartrdige
>This may result in unpredictable output

0
measekite