Canon BJC-1000, can I disable the "requires color cartridge" warning message?

I just bought a used BJC-1000 printer
Everytime I print, I get the message below.
Unfortunately, I only have a B&W cartridge and don't really need color.
Does anyone know how I can disable this message?
Can't seem to find a setting to disable it, nor is it mentioned in the
manual.
Thanks

Black BJ Cartridge Detected
Job: Untitled
Click OK after replacing cartridge
current print job requires color BJ cartridge
or
CLick Ignore to print with current cartrdige
This may result in unpredictable output

0
techman41973

<techman41973@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a used BJC-1000 printer
> Everytime I print, I get the message below.
> Unfortunately, I only have a B&W cartridge and don't really need color.
> Does anyone know how I can disable this message?
> Can't seem to find a setting to disable it, nor is it mentioned in the
> manual.
> Thanks
>

> Black BJ Cartridge Detected
> Job: Untitled
> Click OK after replacing cartridge
> current print job requires color BJ cartridge
> or
> CLick Ignore to print with current cartrdige
> This may result in unpredictable output

I used to have this printer.  If I am remembering correctly, when you click
on "Print" you get a popup box that lets you enter # of copies, etc..  Click
on "Properties" tab, somewhere in there you can choose the cartridge to use.
If you don't do that and you are printing, let's say a document that has
color, it will detect that and you will get the messages you noted.  I think
to get it to do what I suggested all the time, you can create a custom
profile and choose it as a default.  My memory is a bit fuzzy but check out
all the tabs.

0
Mary
5/11/2006 5:07:13 AM
Call canon tech support to get official answer to your question.

techman41973@yahoo.com wrote:

>I just bought a used BJC-1000 printer
>Everytime I print, I get the message below.
>Unfortunately, I only have a B&W cartridge and don't really need color.
>Does anyone know how I can disable this message?
>Can't seem to find a setting to disable it, nor is it mentioned in the
>manual.
>Thanks
>

>Black BJ Cartridge Detected
>Job: Untitled
>Click OK after replacing cartridge
>current print job requires color BJ cartridge
>or
>CLick Ignore to print with current cartrdige
>This may result in unpredictable output

0
measekite

hobbicolors.com review: 4 color printer = "hot", 6 color printer = "not"
I haven't posted for a while. I assume that all the main characters are still here. Measekite, Frank, Burt, Dan G, a teacher, a retired HP employee, TJ, Talyisian and etc. Well about a year ago I posted that I tested an i960 canon printer (6 color printer) with hobbicolor ink. I was disappointed with the results. The photos it printed was not acceptable. However, a few months later, the same ink was tested on a 4 color canon printer. Wow! It printed incredible. I'd say it was OEM quality. That was without any software modification. Actually it was tested by hooking...

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience w...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

Can it be done? Change the "From" header of a message from "address only" to "Name" based on contact list.
I have several email contacts that use clients or services that deliver onl= y the email address in their email header (or they just don't put their ful= l name in their profile)rather than their name. It gets difficult keeping = them all straight as to who is who. All of these email addresses are in my address book, along with the individ= ual's name. is there a way for Pmail to cross-reference and replace the "F= rom" header with the sender's name? Or even adding it to the subject line = or something like that? I've been playing with different things ...

about "++" and "--"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

Changing case "message" to "MESSAGE"
Working my way through Koenig & Moo "Accelerated C++" and using Borlang Builder 5 (but that is probably not relevant) I reached exercise 1-1 and typed in #include <vcl.h> #pragma hdrstop #include <iostream> #include <string> int main(int argc, char*argv[]} { const std::string hello = "Hello" // This by itself compiled const std::string message = "Hello" // and other stuff which I have //left out here. system("PAUSE"); return 0; } But I left caps lock on, and by mistake typed MESSAGE, an...

"/a" is not "/a" ?

why "::", not "."

"my" and "our"

"or" and "and"

Web resources about - Canon BJC-1000, can I disable the "requires color cartridge" warning message? - comp.periphs.printers