Canon i250 printer

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a new Canon i250 on my dad's Win98SE computer,
without much success.

Software installation appears to work just fine, but alternate lines
of the printer test page (and any other documents I attempt to print
as a test) fail to print well.

There'll be one line of text printed perfectly, and the text below
will be missing the top 50% of it's characters ... the lower-half of
the letters will print fine though.

And then the next line will be 100% okay, and the next only 50% and so
on.

I've tried using the software to clean the heads, I've tried
re-seating the ink cartridge ... and previously my dad had taken the
printer to be tested on a WinXP computer (not his) where the test page
was perfect.

I tried uninstalling, downloading new drivers from Canon (in case
there was a problem with the CD) and I'm out of ideas!

Printer is connected by USB through a USB hub, previous printer was a
HP inkjet (still installed, but no longer default).  Other drivers
installed are called "MS Publisher Color Printer" and "MS Publisher
Imagesetter".

Thanks!

Catherine
0
OzFree

Catherine

try connecting the printer direct and not through a USB hub

regards

Don
"OzFree" <OzFree@despammed.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a new Canon i250 on my dad's Win98SE computer,
> without much success.
>
> Software installation appears to work just fine, but alternate lines
> of the printer test page (and any other documents I attempt to print
> as a test) fail to print well.
>
> There'll be one line of text printed perfectly, and the text below
> will be missing the top 50% of it's characters ... the lower-half of
> the letters will print fine though.
>
> And then the next line will be 100% okay, and the next only 50% and so
> on.
>
> I've tried using the software to clean the heads, I've tried
> re-seating the ink cartridge ... and previously my dad had taken the
> printer to be tested on a WinXP computer (not his) where the test page
> was perfect.
>
> I tried uninstalling, downloading new drivers from Canon (in case
> there was a problem with the CD) and I'm out of ideas!
>
> Printer is connected by USB through a USB hub, previous printer was a
> HP inkjet (still installed, but no longer default).  Other drivers
> installed are called "MS Publisher Color Printer" and "MS Publisher
> Imagesetter".
>
> Thanks!
>
> Catherine

0
Don
7/10/2004 11:38:01 PM
Just cbecking back in ... does anyone have any ideas as to what could
cause any bubblejet printer to print one line fine, the next only the
bottom 50% of characters, the next line fine, the one after that only
the bottom 50% of characters etc???

Thanks!

Catherine
0
OzFree
7/11/2004 3:27:18 AM
"Don" <mackie.don@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:<t5%Hc.88306$sj4.59764@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
> Catherine
>
> try connecting the printer direct and not through a USB hub
>
> regards
>
> Don

Tried installing the printer on my ancient pentium-1 computer, which
also has Win98SE.

Before installing, noticed that apart from installing the inkwell,
there's a little lever in the thing to install/uninstall the <warning:
technical term alert!> little capsule thingy </end technical term>
which holds the separate black/colour ink canister.  Tried raising and
lowering THAT.

Then installed the printer on my computer.  Installation took minutes,
printer worked first time.

Don't know if it was the lever thing (ie. physical error) or if it's a
software incompatibility with my dad's comp, but the printer itself is
fine.  A bit of a load on my old workhorse, but fine.

So hi ho, hi ho, it's back to his place I go later this week to see
what I can do.

Thanks though for reading,

Catherine
0
OzFree
7/11/2004 10:38:31 AM
On 10 Jul 2004 20:27:18 -0700, OzFree@despammed.com (OzFree) wrote:

>Just cbecking back in ... does anyone have any ideas as to what could
>cause any bubblejet printer to print one line fine, the next only the
>bottom 50% of characters, the next line fine, the one after that only
>the bottom 50% of characters etc???
>
>Thanks!
>
>Catherine

I've had it happen too. It could be that the paper is too thin or is
curled the wrong way. For curled paper try turning the stack over.

Sometimes doing a deep clean in the maintenance tab takes care of it.

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Printer Ink

Is the Canon I250 a good printer?
Is the Canon I250 a good printer? Are ink cartridges cheap? Regards, Casey > Is the Canon I250 a good printer? > > Are ink cartridges cheap? In short, yes. I think it works well, and has quite cheap cartridges that seem to last for quite a while (and they can be refilled). The print quality is excellent for text, and not too bad for photos. Compared to the Epson C60 I replaced its a bit slower, almost as good quality and MUCH cheaper to run. Its also takes up less desk space. You might want to look at the i350 - practically the same printer, but its got a tra...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

canon printer
I have Redhat 9. The install went fine, but now the Canon printer (S300) has black (and colors) that come out washed out. The black is light grey rather than black. When I had Mandrake on this machine using the same printer there was a way (through Printer Drake) to adjust the stpGamma and density settings; I can find no similar setting in Redhat. Any suggestions?? ...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Canon printer
I have a Canon printer I'm trying to setup on our HP. The local network guy identifies it as a Canon imageRunner 3300. I've done PJL and SNMP set to FALSE in NPCONFIG. Is there a specific setup file from HPENV that would work? Or a new one? Thanks in advance! Paul T. Harbron Emerson Appliance Controls INRUG Secretary * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Canon printer
Hi, I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will it work with the OS/2 driver for the i550? If not, is there an OS/2 driver for this printer available and where can I find it? Thanks for your help in anticipation. Theuns Botha. -- -- T.J.Botha wrote: > Hi, > I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will it work with the OS/2 > driver for the i550? Yes Klaus Staedtler On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:44:58 UTC, Klaus Staedtler <gibtsnet@gibtsnet.net> wrote: > T.J.Botha wrote: > > Hi, > > I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will ...

canon printer
what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer? just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers. Hi Dilbert Dilbert Firestorm wrote: > what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer? > > just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers. > > I find the i850 (omni build 30.822) work fine for most uses but use the i950 drivers for printing from OpenOffice and Acrobat. Regards Pete ...

Duplex printers and CD printers
Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on both sides of the paper automatically? Is Epson still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on CDs? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- For some strange reason those of us who are owned by cats ascribe motives to the cat that are more benign than the cat's real motives. For example if the cat gets in the way when we are trying to do something we say it is "helping". Daniel Prince wrote: > Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printer...

tPrinter.printers not showing a printer?
A client is using one of my programs on several computers (Win 2000). On one (and only one) of them, when I get the tPrinter.printers list of printers, it shows no printers. The user says that there is a printer installed. If the printer is properly installed in Windows, it must show up in tPrinter.printers, right? --- Replace you know what by j to email ...

Canon Printers
Hi We have a lovely canon pixma mp780 multi function printer. It works fine from Windows XP programs. However we would like to use it from D3 occasionally instead of our HP lasers and Epson dot matrix. Help I cannot find anything equivalent to the HP manuals for the command set. If I send a plain text message as normal it appears in the Windows spooler and disappears. I have also tried sending the HP PCL command set, again it appears in Windows spooler, the indicator on the printer says printing but nothing appears on paper. By the way I have the HP PCL command set singing o...

Printer trays.....network printers
Still having a problem here... If I define a Xerox printer with two Ldev nos, with data_intray=1 on one ldev, and data_intray = 4 on the other, I can send interleaved spool files to them and it works beautifully. If I remove data_intray = 4, and try to use setup_file=x.hpenv where x contains <Esc>&l4H (PCL for use lower tray), nothing works, it doesnt even rotate to landscape (understand that part). If I embed the esc sequence in the data at start it works, but thats not a viable solution. In fact if I send the tray value anything from 2 to 5, it uses bottom tray. I want t...

Web resources about - Canon i250 printer - comp.periphs.printers

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

ThingMaker is a $300 3D Printer For Kids That Makes Toys
The two things holding 3D printers back from mainstream adoption is cost and relative difficulty of use. While they have been going down in price, ...