canon i350 printer

hi everyone,

I brought a canon i350 printer today, and have set it up
as the book told me to, but I keep getting the error message from the set up
cd that it can not find the usb
printer port and pulling out my hair - lol !

has anyone any ideas please ?

thanks

Ian

0
Ian

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:41:05 +1100, "Ian Fraser"
<ianmark@alphalink.com.au> wrote:

>hi everyone,
>
>I brought a canon i350 printer today, and have set it up
>as the book told me to, but I keep getting the error message from the set up
>cd that it can not find the usb
>printer port and pulling out my hair - lol !
>
>has anyone any ideas please ?
>
>thanks
>
>Ian

Try installing the drivers before you connect the printer (if you
haven't tried that). Make sure the printer is turned on.
0
Gary
12/28/2003 3:12:28 PM
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:41:05 +1100, Ian Fraser wrote:

> hi everyone,
>
> I brought a canon i350 printer today, and have set it up
> as the book told me to, but I keep getting the error message from the set up
> cd that it can not find the usb
> printer port and pulling out my hair - lol !
>
> has anyone any ideas please ?
>
> thanks
>
> Ian

Do You have USB enabled in the BIOS?
--
r.s.nevin@att.net
0
"Ian Fraser" <ianmark@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
> hi everyone,
>
> I brought a canon i350 printer today, and have set it up
> as the book told me to, but I keep getting the error message from the set
up
> cd that it can not find the usb
> printer port and pulling out my hair - lol !
>
> has anyone any ideas please ?
>
> thanks
>
> Ian

What OS do you use ?
Are you sure your USB ports connected to the MB ?

0
Tal
12/28/2003 9:30:35 PM
Thanks For your e-mail Gary,

I have tried this !

Ian

"Gary Tait" <classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid> wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:41:05 +1100, "Ian Fraser"
> <ianmark@alphalink.com.au> wrote:
>
> >hi everyone,
> >
> >I brought a canon i350 printer today, and have set it up
> >as the book told me to, but I keep getting the error message from the set
up
> >cd that it can not find the usb
> >printer port and pulling out my hair - lol !
> >
> >has anyone any ideas please ?
> >
> >thanks
> >
> >Ian
> >

> Try installing the drivers before you connect the printer (if you
> haven't tried that). Make sure the printer is turned on.

0
Ian
12/29/2003 9:28:00 AM
Thanks for your e-mail,

I think I must have USB enabled in the BIOS?

as my Digital camera works from a usb port ok

Ian
<Bob@see-below-for-address.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:41:05 +1100, Ian Fraser wrote:
>
> > hi everyone,
> >
> > I brought a canon i350 printer today, and have set it up
> > as the book told me to, but I keep getting the error message from the
set up
> > cd that it can not find the usb
> > printer port and pulling out my hair - lol !
> >
> > has anyone any ideas please ?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Ian
>
> Do You have USB enabled in the BIOS?
> --
> r.s.nevin@att.net

0
Ian
12/29/2003 9:32:14 AM
 I am running windows xp
"Tal Fucus" <fuchs_t@bezeqint.net> wrote in message

> "Ian Fraser" <ianmark@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
> > hi everyone,
> >
> > I brought a canon i350 printer today, and have set it up
> > as the book told me to, but I keep getting the error message from the
set
> up
> > cd that it can not find the usb
> > printer port and pulling out my hair - lol !
> >
> > has anyone any ideas please ?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Ian
> >

> What OS do you use ?
> Are you sure your USB ports connected to the MB ?

0
Ian

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Printer Ink

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Printer filter for a Canon i350
Has anyone developed a printer filter for the Canon i350 printer? I have used the /usr/sfw/bin/gs and its options to attempt to varying degrees of a print filter. So far I have used the bj* devices listed, and a few others but always resulting in gibberish being printed, or the print job disappearing into the ether. I have googled, but so far I have not seen, or read anything promising regarding this printer. I'd appreciate any input, even if it is to suggest that I give up. W wrote: > Has anyone developed a printer filter for the Canon i350 printer? > > I have used the ...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Canon Printers
Hi We have a lovely canon pixma mp780 multi function printer. It works fine from Windows XP programs. However we would like to use it from D3 occasionally instead of our HP lasers and Epson dot matrix. Help I cannot find anything equivalent to the HP manuals for the command set. If I send a plain text message as normal it appears in the Windows spooler and disappears. I have also tried sending the HP PCL command set, again it appears in Windows spooler, the indicator on the printer says printing but nothing appears on paper. By the way I have the HP PCL command set singing on D3 if anyone is stuck. Thanks Peter McMurray Peter, I had the same trouble with Canon laser printers for one of my clients - it appears that they don't have resident fonts & so will not print at all from D3. Could be the same with yours. I got round it by having the option to send reports to Word as an rtf document & print from there. Regards, Geoff Peter McMurray wrote: > Hi > We have a lovely canon pixma mp780 multi function printer. It works fine > from Windows XP programs. However we would like to use it from D3 > occasionally instead of our HP lasers and Epson dot matrix. > Help I cannot find anything equivalent to the HP manuals for the command > set. If I send a plain text message as normal it appears in the Windows > spooler and disappears. I have also tried sending the HP PCL command set, > again it app...

canon printer
I have Redhat 9. The install went fine, but now the Canon printer (S300) has black (and colors) that come out washed out. The black is light grey rather than black. When I had Mandrake on this machine using the same printer there was a way (through Printer Drake) to adjust the stpGamma and density settings; I can find no similar setting in Redhat. Any suggestions?? ...

Printer addendum for HP printer

tPrinter.printers not showing a printer?
A client is using one of my programs on several computers (Win 2000). On one (and only one) of them, when I get the tPrinter.printers list of printers, it shows no printers. The user says that there is a printer installed. If the printer is properly installed in Windows, it must show up in tPrinter.printers, right? --- Replace you know what by j to email ...

Canon printer
I have a Canon printer I'm trying to setup on our HP. The local network guy identifies it as a Canon imageRunner 3300. I've done PJL and SNMP set to FALSE in NPCONFIG. Is there a specific setup file from HPENV that would work? Or a new one? Thanks in advance! Paul T. Harbron Emerson Appliance Controls INRUG Secretary * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

printer supplies or new printer
I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter feeding a Canon BJC210. I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 I need either ink cartidges for the printer, or a new printer that turbo will recognise. Any suggestion? (PS - sorry I use a Windows for internet and everything else.) "Letmesnapu2" <alan.r.archer@btinternet.com> wrote: > I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter > feeding a Canon BJC210. > > I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 > > I need either ink cartidges for ...

Duplex printers and CD printers
Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on both sides of the paper automatically? Is Epson still the only manufacturer who sells printers in the USA that can print on CDs? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- For some strange reason those of us who are owned by cats ascribe motives to the cat that are more benign than the cat's real motives. For example if the cat gets in the way when we are trying to do something we say it is "helping". Daniel Prince wrote: > Is Canon still the only manufacturer who sells printer...

Canon printer
Hi, I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will it work with the OS/2 driver for the i550? If not, is there an OS/2 driver for this printer available and where can I find it? Thanks for your help in anticipation. Theuns Botha. -- -- T.J.Botha wrote: > Hi, > I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will it work with the OS/2 > driver for the i550? Yes Klaus Staedtler On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:44:58 UTC, Klaus Staedtler <gibtsnet@gibtsnet.net> wrote: > T.J.Botha wrote: > > Hi, > > I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will ...

canon printer
what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer? just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers. Hi Dilbert Dilbert Firestorm wrote: > what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer? > > just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers. > > I find the i850 (omni build 30.822) work fine for most uses but use the i950 drivers for printing from OpenOffice and Acrobat. Regards Pete ...

Web resources about - canon i350 printer - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Philips Hue Starter Kit $120, LifeProof FRĒ iPhone 6 Case $30, Brother AirPrint ...
... FRĒ Waterproof iPhone 6 Case in multiple colors: $30 shipped (Reg. $72) Get ready to file your taxes w/ this Brother AirPrint Laser Printer ...

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

ThingMaker is a $300 3D Printer For Kids That Makes Toys
The two things holding 3D printers back from mainstream adoption is cost and relative difficulty of use. While they have been going down in price, ...