Canon i550 Canon i560 Cartridges Compatible?

I have both printers and the cartridge model numbers differ (BCI-3eY, for
example, for the i550 and BCI-6Y for the i560. They both use the same black
ink cartridge (BCI-3eBK). Can I use the color cartridges interchangeably, or
must I order separate model cartridges for the two printers? The cartridges
appear to be the same physically.

TIA for any insight!

0
Peter

Peter van der Goes wrote:
> I have both printers and the cartridge model numbers differ (BCI-3eY,
> for example, for the i550 and BCI-6Y for the i560. They both use the
> same black ink cartridge (BCI-3eBK). Can I use the color cartridges
> interchangeably, or must I order separate model cartridges for the
> two printers? The cartridges appear to be the same physically.
>
> TIA for any insight!

read recent thread about this:

Canon i850--Can I use BCI6 carts?

0
SleeperMan
9/17/2005 2:36:50 PM
YOU ORDER CANON OEM INK ACCORDING TO THE CANON MANUAL AND YOU WILL NOT
HAVE TO ASK THESE STUPID QUESTIONS.

Peter van der Goes wrote:

>I have both printers and the cartridge model numbers differ (BCI-3eY, for
>example, for the i550 and BCI-6Y for the i560. They both use the same black
>ink cartridge (BCI-3eBK). Can I use the color cartridges interchangeably, or
>must I order separate model cartridges for the two printers? The cartridges
>appear to be the same physically.
>
>TIA for any insight!

0
measekite
9/17/2005 5:20:56 PM
> you order canon oem ink according to the canon manual and you will not
> have to ask these stupid questions

These, with respect are not stupid questions.  For example when canon
made the switch from the bci-3 inks to the bci-3e inks this is
something that the manual said nothing about.  After all the manual is
a static document that doesn't tell you the future... but from my
understanding you could use the -3e inks in a -3 printer so long as you
got a driver update.

Similar deal with the bci-6 vs bci-7 inks, both the pixus and pixma
models use the same head if i'm to believe the box.  While this isn't
likely supported by canon, you can tell any pixma it's a pixus with a
few push buttons.  This *may* apply to the cli-8 but i'm not positive.

So the only thing stupid with all due respect is taking a printer's
manual on faith and assuming that whatever was printed years ago
applies today.  Canon goes out of their way to take old technology and
repackage it as new.  A smart person asks questions.  Perhaps one day
you will understand this.

I have NO clue about bci-3e inks... I believe they are also Chromalife
and often cost less than the bci-6 counterparts.

0
zakezuke
9/17/2005 8:23:58 PM
On 2005-09-17 15:47:01 +0200, "Peter van der Goes"
<p_vandergoes@toadstool.u> said:

> I have both printers and the cartridge model numbers differ (BCI-3eY,
> for example, for the i550 and BCI-6Y for the i560. They both use the
> same black ink cartridge (BCI-3eBK). Can I use the color cartridges
> interchangeably, or must I order separate model cartridges for the two
> printers? The cartridges appear to be the same physically.
>
> TIA for any insight!

test

0
dfdfdf
9/17/2005 9:38:20 PM
"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
> YOU ORDER CANON OEM INK ACCORDING TO THE CANON MANUAL AND YOU WILL NOT
> HAVE TO ASK THESE STUPID QUESTIONS.

So, how long did it take you to think up this clever and useful response?
Does your mommy know you're using her computer?

0
Peter
9/17/2005 11:05:45 PM
Peter van der Goes wrote:
> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>
>>YOU ORDER CANON OEM INK ACCORDING TO THE CANON MANUAL AND YOU WILL NOT
>>HAVE TO ASK THESE STUPID QUESTIONS.
>>

> So, how long did it take you to think up this clever and useful response?
> Does your mommy know you're using her computer?

Pay no attention to our resident troll for he knows nothing about
anything except how to be stupid.
Frank
0
Frank
9/17/2005 11:14:38 PM
In article <YfYWe.2890$5n4.2383@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
inkystinky@oem.com says...
> YOU ORDER CANON OEM INK ACCORDING TO THE CANON MANUAL AND YOU WILL NOT
> HAVE TO ASK THESE STUPID QUESTIONS.

Sheep follow rules.
0
Irwin
9/18/2005 5:52:02 AM

Peter van der Goes wrote:

>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>YOU ORDER CANON OEM INK ACCORDING TO THE CANON MANUAL AND YOU WILL NOT
>>HAVE TO ASK THESE STUPID QUESTIONS.
>>

>So, how long did it take you to think up this clever and useful response?
>Does your mommy know you're using her computer?

I AM USING YOUR MOMMY' COMPUTER.  AND SHE IS REAL GOOD.

0
measekite
9/18/2005 6:18:54 PM

Frank wrote:

> Peter van der Goes wrote:
>
>> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> YOU ORDER CANON OEM INK ACCORDING TO THE CANON MANUAL AND YOU WILL
>>> NOT HAVE TO ASK THESE STUPID QUESTIONS.
>>>

>> So, how long did it take you to think up this clever and useful
>> response?
>> Does your mommy know you're using her computer?
>>
> Pay no attention to our resident troll for he knows nothing about
> anything except how to be stupid.
> Frank

Pay no attention to our Frank the resident troll for he knows nothing
about anything except how to be stupid.
0
measekite
9/18/2005 6:19:41 PM
HEEEELO PECKER

Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

>In article <YfYWe.2890$5n4.2383@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
>inkystinky@oem.com says...
>

>>YOU ORDER CANON OEM INK ACCORDING TO THE CANON MANUAL AND YOU WILL NOT
>>HAVE TO ASK THESE STUPID QUESTIONS.
>>

>Sheep follow rules.

0
measekite
9/18/2005 6:23:58 PM
In article <iciXe.324$OC2.233@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
inkystinky@oem.com says...

> Peter van der Goes wrote:
>
> >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
> >

> >>YOU ORDER CANON OEM INK ACCORDING TO THE CANON MANUAL AND YOU WILL NOT
> >>HAVE TO ASK THESE STUPID QUESTIONS.
> >>

> >So, how long did it take you to think up this clever and useful response?
> >Does your mommy know you're using her computer?
> >

> I AM USING YOUR MOMMY' COMPUTER.  AND SHE IS REAL GOOD.

Unlike your English, and your ability to manage your caps lock key.
0
Irwin
--------------060503050406080106050904

Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

>In article <iciXe.324$OC2.233@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
>inkystinky@oem.com says...
>

>>Peter van der Goes wrote:
>>

>>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

>>>So, how long did it take you to think up this clever and useful response?
>>>Does your mommy know you're using her computer?
>>>

>>I AM USING YOUR MOMMY' COMPUTER.  AND SHE IS REAL GOOD.
>>

>Unlike your English, and your ability to manage your caps lock key.

*TOO FUCKING BAD PECKERBLOOMER*

--------------060503050406080106050904

<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">In article <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:iciXe.324$OC2.233@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com">&lt;iciXe.324$OC2.233@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com&gt;</a>,
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:inkystinky@oem.com">inkystinky@oem.com</a> says...
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">
Peter van der Goes wrote:

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">"measekite" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:inkystinky@oem.com">&lt;inkystinky@oem.com&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:YfYWe.2890$5n4.2383@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net">news:YfYWe.2890$5n4.2383@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net</a>...

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">YOU ORDER CANON OEM INK ACCORDING TO THE CANON MANUAL AND YOU WILL NOT
HAVE TO ASK THESE STUPID QUESTIONS.

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">So, how long did it take you to think up this clever and useful response?
Does your mommy know you're using her computer?

      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I AM USING YOUR MOMMY' COMPUTER.  AND SHE IS REAL GOOD.

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->Unlike your English, and your ability to manage your caps lock key.
  </pre>

--------------060503050406080106050904--
0
measekite

WTB: Canon i560 or i550 printer
Hi, I am looking to buy a Canon i560 or i550 computer. I am located in Lincoln, Ne. If you have one that you would be willing to sell, please email me with condition and price. Thanks, Dana ...

Most Popular Canon Toner, Canon Ink Cartridges, Canon Ribbons
The Buy Toner Online sells Canon Brands Toners, Ink cartridges and Ribbons. The Buy Toner Online is an ISO 9001&140001 certified online shopping site, which provides 100 percent unconditional guarantee to the products it sells. The Buy Online Toner displays top selling products separately to enable the customer to choose their product easily without confusion. Buy Toner online sales by major Canon products are below: BJ Printers Canon BJ 5 Canon BJ 10 Canon BJ 100 Canon BJ 20 Canon BJ 200 Canon BJ 230 BJC printers Canon BJC 1000 Canon BJC 1010 Canon BJ...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Canon i550 Cartridges
How do you refill Canon i 550 cartridges? There is a port on top that seems to be a type of valve. Does it allow refilling? I tried injecting ink into the reservoir but it all leaked out since I couldn't establish a partial vacuum once I punctured the cartridge. The port on top seems to have a hole in it and seems to swivel but I couldn't get any ink through it. Sincerely, J Buzby <jbuzby@verizon.net> typed: > How do you refill Canon i 550 cartridges? There is a port on top > that seems to be a type of valve. Does it allow refilling? I tried > inje...

Canon i560 printer
I have a problem similar to Gillian Bobbett's with her iP4200 printer, except mine is a Canon i560. If I scan a document with my Mustek 800 scanner, and save it as a sprite file, and then drag it into an Impression page, it appears perfectly on the screen. When I tell it to print using FastSpool+ the printer light flashes as usual as it loads the info into the printer, but it feeds no paper, and when it has finished loading the info, nothing happens, and I get no print. The only way I can get it to print is to save it as a JPEG, put it into Artworks and then drag it into Impression, or ...

i560s Canon Photo Printer
This is great photo printer. What I'm trying to figure out is how to load 4 x 6 glossy paper. The tray guides don't have a specific setting or guide and I sure don't want to waste the paper and the ink. Anybody know how to do this, might be the same for other Canon photo printers, I'm not sure and would appreciate any feedback or ideas. Thanks in advance. Martin JTex wrote: > This is great photo printer. What I'm trying to figure out is how to > load 4 x 6 glossy paper. The tray guides don't have a specific setting > or guide and I sure don't w...

Canon S300 printer and GPL driver from canon.jp
hi everyone Like many other users, I'm experiencing problems with my Canon S300 printer. Today I've found a page at linuxprinting.org that state that Canon has released GPLed drivers for S300 in Japan ( http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-S300 ). It's actually true: http://cweb.canon.jp/drv-upd/bj/bjlinux210.html Since I cannot understand japanese and babelfish isn't helping so much I tried to install them without much luck. I downloaded and installed (I'm running Mandrake 10 rc1) bjfilterbjs300-2.1-0.i386.rpm, bjfiltercups-2.2-0.i386.rpm, bjfilte...

Canon Cli compatable cartridges
See that these now come with chips fitted, saving all that fidling, swopping chip over. Price is quite a lot more than existing; anyone used one yet? Curios as to whether ink counter works (Canon MP830 user) "Gel" <barclayhomes@ukgateway.net> wrote in message news:8c60f24e-140b-49c0-a140-c28dbe65aa6b@a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > See that these now come with chips fitted, saving all that fidling, > swopping chip over. > Price is quite a lot more than existing; anyone used one yet? > > Curios as to whether ink counter works > (Canon MP830 u...

Anyone using Canon Pixma with non-canon cartridges?
Hello I need to do short and long runs of flyers for mailing (mostly black text, some photos) I will never need to print photos on photo quality paper. I can get replacement cartridges very, very cheap which makes it less expensive in the long run than getting a colour laser printer. I would like to know your personal experience using the ip4000 or ip5000 with replacement cartridges continously........ has anyone used them non-stop since they bought their printer? How many have you used so far? Please mention if you refill yourself or buy no-name cartridges ready to go. How is y...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

Question about the waste ink tank in Canon IP5000 (and other Canon printers)
I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the printer, and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are replaced. So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridges with new ones before an error message appears saying the tank is full? Anyone taken a printer to Canon to have the tank emptied? How much did they charge? The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time intervals and when requested by the user. The deep...

Testing compatible cartridges in a Canon IP4200
I have recently purchased in the UK a new Canon IP4200 printer complete with the boxed and sealed OEM catridges and Print Head. Purchase price was less than the cost of a set of OEM cartridges. I intend to use compatible cartridges with this printer. I have obtained a set of compatible cartridges (unbranded on eBay) and so far have soursed a Black (PGI) and Yellow empty OEM catridges complete with chips. I would like to be able to test the use of the compatible cartridges and if they are satisfactory continue to use them for general printing but retaining the partly used OEM car...

Canon printers not compatible with Remote Desktop
According to Canon Tech Support--spoke to the manager -- no Canon Printer is compatible with XP Pro's and Vista Business's Remote Desktop. Since their printer drivers are made in Japan, the manager of inkjet support told me all he could do was forward my request to the highest level here in America with the suggestion of supporting the Remote desktop. I even tried Black Ice's Print2XP (the cost is over $100 and no phone support) which is supposed to create a virtual printer 2 days ago but cannot get it to work --although email tech support is suppose to help me s...

Canon ip4000 compatible ink cartridges
Any recommendations of brands (inkrite, jettec ?) or places to buy TIA COSTCO - OFFICE DEPOT - STAPLES ALL SELL CANON OEM INK. YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH WHORES., Andy wrote: >Any recommendations of brands (inkrite, jettec ?) or places to buy >TIA > > > > > Andy wrote: > Any recommendations of brands (inkrite, jettec ?) or places to buy > TIA > > > I personally use MIS canon compatible inks in my i9900. Get them from www.inksupply.com. Perfect colors and never a clog. Frank Andy wrote: > Any recommendations of brands (inkrite, jettec ?) or places to buy > TIA Three useful links http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1003&message=10377832 http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1003&message=12198835 Stratitec InkTec OCP Formulabs/Sensient Canon OEM --- MIS (inksupply.com) Media Street Image Specalists --- These three look identical http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inktest.html I've used MIS which is believed to be Image Specalists. I'm very pleased. Been using their product since Julyish. From my understanding "Image Specalists" will only ship overseas in either a 20 foot container or a 40foot one, not useful unless you have an application for 12 to 19 megagrams of ink, but there is at least a chance in hell this stuff is out there somewhere. Frank wrote: > Andy wrote: > >> A...

Canon CLI-8 Compatible Cartridges
I noticed on the Australian Jettec site they are listing compatible cartridges for the Pixma iP4200, iP5200 etc. (http://www.whatcartridge.com/selector4.php?id_equipment=8152) http://jettec.com.au/canonchart.html They don't have a code though, maybe Jettec is working on releasing these compatibles? Anyone in the UK know? A lot of people are waiting for these. James Sodor www.whatcartridge.com *U R A SPAMMER* whatcartridge.com wrote: >I noticed on the Australian Jettec site they are listing compatible >cartridges for the Pixma iP4200, iP5200 etc. >(http...

Canon i560 color printer problem
I installed fresh color printer cartridges and cleaned the heads a couple of times but the color has run to more red. The blue color seems to have stopped working. Any ideas on what the problem might be? Have you run a nozzle check to see if the cyan isn't printing? Have you made sure the tape has been removed up to the air vents and have you reseated the cartridges? This sounds like the ink flow is restricted due to either of the points I inquired about. Ron <tguffei@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1117052076.497143.297920@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >...

Major problems with Canon i560 Printer
Hi I have just purchased a Canon i560 printer (which got rave reviews everywhere) for my home computer and I cannot get it to print at all! I'm desperate for some help from those in the know. I have installed the latest drivers from the canon.co.uk web site (version 2.32) but when I try to print, the paper feeds a sheet at a time for every pass the printer tries to draw across the page. I just get hundreds of almost empty sheets -- completely useless. (I have a G4 800 Mhz running Panther 10.3.2. I have 1024 MB of Ram if it makes any difference.) What's weird is that the print te...

Canon i550 printer support under Panther
A friend of mine has recently bought a Mac - her first, but an older 733mhz graphite G4. Along with it she'd like to use her Canon i550 printer. It's perhaps 18-24 months old. A couple of the features supported in the Windows version of the canon drivers are Duplex printing and booklet printing, neither of which seem to work for the Mac version of the driver. Duplex simply isn't there, and booklet printing is always greyed out. Is canon's printer support usually pretty dud in OSX? or is this just an older printer that misses out on full support? thanks :) dana In ar...

Ink for refilling Canon printer cartridges
About 3-4 years ago I found out you can refill printer cartridges and found a Canadian company that sold refill kits & ink. I bought a pint bottle and am just now running out, but it's been so long I have lost their contact info. The labels and instruction sheets don't have their name or number. Since I've had such good luck with their ink, I'd like to buy from them again before trying out another company. Anybody recognize this company? I remain respectful and a little bit hongry, X Guv Bob http://www.geocities.com/guvbob2003 Represented in all slander...

Is HP ink compatible with Canon Printers?
I have some left over bulk ink from a HP ink jet printer (DeskJet 820Cxi). Can I use this in a Canon i560? "JuanKnighter" <juanknighter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<10ntap423emd3e3@corp.supernews.com>... > I have some left over bulk ink from a HP ink jet printer (DeskJet 820Cxi). > Can I use this in a Canon i560? You could end up paying a lot more for ink in the long run by trying that. Aside from the thermal qualities, the shade of ink will probably not be exactly the same. A different shade of ink will contaminate the felt pad (whatever ...

FYI
Yesterday I was in need of drivers for my Canon ImageCLASS D780 laser printer/scanner/copier/fax device. Logically I went to the Canon USA support web site. Illogically Canon reports "No drivers are available for this model." On a hunch I surfed on over to the Canon Canada support web site. Voila! There I found the drivers I needed. So if any of you find yourselves in the same boat and can't find the drivers you need, take a look here http://www.canon.ca/english/index-customersupport.asp Dejola <johnandjanet@gmail.com> observed >Yesterday I was in need of dr...

Where to Buy Ink Jet Cartridges for Canon MP980 & Canon MP610?
Hi, today I tried to buy individual gray inkjet cartridge fore MH980 & small black ink Jet cartridge for the MP980 & MP610. Where is the least expensive vendor to buy these cartridges? Is it possible to just buy individual cartridges for these printers? Thanks, Sam, On Dec 19, 12:04=A0pm, "Sam" <sasdfa...@lkuy.com> wrote: > Hi, today I tried to buy individual gray inkjet cartridge fore MH980 & sm= all > black ink Jet cartridge for the MP980 & MP610. > Where is the least expensive vendor to buy these cartridges? =A0Is it > possibl...

Web resources about - Canon i550 Canon i560 Cartridges Compatible? - comp.periphs.printers

List of Netflix compatible devices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevices , Stream Movies & TV Online, Watch Online Movies, Netflix Ready Device ^ Heater, Brian (July 14, ...

Are your names compatible?: love affinity calculator on the App Store on iTunes
Get Are your names compatible?: love affinity calculator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Philips docks compatible with Apple's Lightning connector
Sets let you organize your photos on Flickr. Explore the 9 photos in this set.

Sony Xperia Z3+: Manual camera compatible! - YouTube
... hour with the Sony Xperia Z3+, we wanted to see if the new Sony flagship is capable of taking advantage of the manual camera APIs Google compatible ...

Budget surplus compatible with NDIS-Oppn

Good Game Stories - Backwards Compatible - The Power Glove
In the history of hair-brained game peripheral ideas there’s one that’s so bad it’s almost good - It’s the Nintendo Power Glove!

Sony's 4K movie streaming service compatible with PlayStation 4
Sony tries to destroy bandwidth caps everywhere with 100 GB downloads

Liberals Attack Kenney For Calling Irish Immigrants 'Culturally Compatible' In 2012 (VIDEO)
What did Employment Minister Jason Kenney mean when he said the Irish were culturally compatible with Canada? While in Dublin two years ago Kenney, ...

Asia-Pacific FTA compatible with multilateral trade systems: WTO
Asia-Pacific FTA compatible with multilateral trade systems: WTO People's Daily Online The director-general of the World Trade Organization ...

Swatch planning to introduce Android-compatible smartwatch and mobile payment service, CEO says
While Swatch certainly won't be partnering with Apple on the iPhone maker's upcoming Watch despite an ill-fated rumor that surfaced last year, ...