Canon i550 Cartridges

How do you refill Canon i 550 cartridges?  There is a port on top that seems
to be a type of valve.  Does it allow refilling?  I tried injecting ink into
the reservoir but it all leaked out since I couldn't establish a partial
vacuum once I punctured the cartridge.  The port on top seems to have a hole
in it and seems to swivel but I couldn't get any ink through it.
Sincerely, J Buzby

0
john

<jbuzby@verizon.net> typed:

> How do you refill Canon i 550 cartridges?  There is a port on top
> that seems to be a type of valve.  Does it allow refilling?  I tried
> injecting ink into the reservoir but it all leaked out since I
> couldn't establish a partial vacuum once I punctured the cartridge.
> The port on top seems to have a hole in it and seems to swivel but I
> couldn't get any ink through it.
> Sincerely, J Buzby

Very easy  -  first seal bottom hole which is used during normal use (use
electric tape). Then drill small hole either in the middle of that "valve" ,
which is not a valve, but seal for original filling, or even better drill a
hole near it - a bit above that valve. When you fill ink, seal this new hole
with electric tape and remove bottom seal. You can also use small screw, but
you must use stainless type (INOX). Just remember that top must be sealed
perfectly.

0
SleeperMan
1/12/2004 3:15:45 PM
"SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message news:<QRyMb.1421$%x4.235715@news.siol.net>...
> <jbuzby@verizon.net> typed:
>
> > How do you refill Canon i 550 cartridges?  There is a port on top
> > that seems to be a type of valve.  Does it allow refilling?  I tried
> > injecting ink into the reservoir but it all leaked out since I
> > couldn't establish a partial vacuum once I punctured the cartridge.
> > The port on top seems to have a hole in it and seems to swivel but I
> > couldn't get any ink through it.
> > Sincerely, J Buzby
>
> Very easy  -  first seal bottom hole which is used during normal use (use
> electric tape). Then drill small hole either in the middle of that "valve" ,
> which is not a valve, but seal for original filling, or even better drill a
> hole near it - a bit above that valve. When you fill ink, seal this new hole
> with electric tape and remove bottom seal. You can also use small screw, but
> you must use stainless type (INOX). Just remember that top must be sealed
> perfectly.

Why Refill????

I buy Campatables voor mij Canon I550 (BCI-3(e)BK BCI-6(e) cmy each
for only
� 2,-- and 4 complete sets voor �30,--. 16 cardridges for �30,-- is
cheap I think. I use these cardridges since may 2003 and no problems
at all.
They are garanteed so I want refill the cardridges.
Look for a seller at www.mvcd.com you can find the adres where I buy
my cardridges.

Succes
0
clemensvanos79
1/18/2004 9:44:01 AM
<clemensvanos79@hotmail.com> typed:

> "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
>> <jbuzby@verizon.net> typed:
>>
>>> How do you refill Canon i 550 cartridges?  There is a port on top
>>> that seems to be a type of valve.  Does it allow refilling?  I tried
>>> injecting ink into the reservoir but it all leaked out since I
>>> couldn't establish a partial vacuum once I punctured the cartridge.
>>> The port on top seems to have a hole in it and seems to swivel but I
>>> couldn't get any ink through it.
>>> Sincerely, J Buzby
>>
>> Very easy  -  first seal bottom hole which is used during normal use
>> (use
>> electric tape). Then drill small hole either in the middle of that
>> "valve" ,
>> which is not a valve, but seal for original filling, or even better
>> drill a
>> hole near it - a bit above that valve. When you fill ink, seal this
>> new hole
>> with electric tape and remove bottom seal. You can also use small
>> screw, but
>> you must use stainless type (INOX). Just remember that top must be
>> sealed
>> perfectly.
>
> Why Refill????
>
> I buy Campatables voor mij Canon I550 (BCI-3(e)BK BCI-6(e) cmy each
> for only
> ? 2,-- and 4 complete sets voor ?30,--. 16 cardridges for ?30,-- is
> cheap I think. I use these cardridges since may 2003 and no problems
> at all.
> They are garanteed so I want refill the cardridges.
> Look for a seller at www.mvcd.com you can find the adres where I buy
> my cardridges.
>
> Succes

because i can't find any compatibles (yet) locally and i have no intention
of buying via web, since i'll pay for postage & packing more than for carts.
And refill ink i've got is same quality and about 4 times cheaper than
original carts. If i ever see compatibles, i'll definitely think of buying
them for reasonable price.

Oh...above link...too far from me...

0
SleeperMan
1/18/2004 10:23:35 AM
SleeperMan wrote:

>> Why Refill????
>>
>> I buy Campatables voor mij Canon I550 (BCI-3(e)BK BCI-6(e) cmy each
>
>because i can't find any compatibles (yet) locally and i have no intention
>of buying via web, since i'll pay for postage & packing more than for carts.
>And refill ink i've got is same quality and about 4 times cheaper than
>original carts. If i ever see compatibles, i'll definitely think of buying
>them for reasonable price.

I've yet to find a reasonably priced compatible that has accurate colour
matching to Canon original cartridges. I'm in Canada, so US sites are
not practical after exchange and shipping rates.

So instead, I refill my ink tanks with ink from AtlanticInkjet and get
excellent results. Before I bought my Canon i850, I researched refill
procedures and found the Canon ink tanks to be the easiest cartridges to
refill. It takes me less than ten minutes to refill a complete set of
four tanks, without spilling a drop or making a mess.
0
Bill

Canon i550 Canon i560 Cartridges Compatible?
I have both printers and the cartridge model numbers differ (BCI-3eY, for example, for the i550 and BCI-6Y for the i560. They both use the same black ink cartridge (BCI-3eBK). Can I use the color cartridges interchangeably, or must I order separate model cartridges for the two printers? The cartridges appear to be the same physically. TIA for any insight! Peter van der Goes wrote: > I have both printers and the cartridge model numbers differ (BCI-3eY, > for example, for the i550 and BCI-6Y for the i560. They both use the > same black ink cartridge (BCI-3eBK). Can I use the color cartridges > interchangeably, or must I order separate model cartridges for the > two printers? The cartridges appear to be the same physically. > > TIA for any insight! read recent thread about this: Canon i850--Can I use BCI6 carts? YOU ORDER CANON OEM INK ACCORDING TO THE CANON MANUAL AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO ASK THESE STUPID QUESTIONS. Peter van der Goes wrote: >I have both printers and the cartridge model numbers differ (BCI-3eY, for >example, for the i550 and BCI-6Y for the i560. They both use the same black >ink cartridge (BCI-3eBK). Can I use the color cartridges interchangeably, or >must I order separate model cartridges for the two printers? The cartridges >appear to be the same physically. > >TIA for any insight! > > > > > you order canon oem ink according to the canon m...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Printer Ink

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

WTB: Canon i560 or i550 printer
Hi, I am looking to buy a Canon i560 or i550 computer. I am located in Lincoln, Ne. If you have one that you would be willing to sell, please email me with condition and price. Thanks, Dana ...

Canon i550 printer support under Panther
A friend of mine has recently bought a Mac - her first, but an older 733mhz graphite G4. Along with it she'd like to use her Canon i550 printer. It's perhaps 18-24 months old. A couple of the features supported in the Windows version of the canon drivers are Duplex printing and booklet printing, neither of which seem to work for the Mac version of the driver. Duplex simply isn't there, and booklet printing is always greyed out. Is canon's printer support usually pretty dud in OSX? or is this just an older printer that misses out on full support? thanks :) dana In ar...

Ink for refilling Canon printer cartridges
About 3-4 years ago I found out you can refill printer cartridges and found a Canadian company that sold refill kits & ink. I bought a pint bottle and am just now running out, but it's been so long I have lost their contact info. The labels and instruction sheets don't have their name or number. Since I've had such good luck with their ink, I'd like to buy from them again before trying out another company. Anybody recognize this company? I remain respectful and a little bit hongry, X Guv Bob http://www.geocities.com/guvbob2003 Represented in all slander, paternity and bad check writing cases by Holstein, Iceberg and Goldbrick -- "Illegitimus non carborundum" guvbob@aol.comeownback (Snuffy) wrote in news:20040228025931.12145.00000580@mb-m02.aol.com: > About 3-4 years ago I found out you can refill printer cartridges and > found a Canadian company that sold refill kits & ink. Atlantic Inkjet? http://www.atlanticinkjet.com. I believe their headquartered in the Canadian maritimes but they have an American division as well. -- Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com) Please delete "REMOVE" from the e-mail address when replying. http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/coolspot18/ ...

Most Popular Canon Toner, Canon Ink Cartridges, Canon Ribbons
The Buy Toner Online sells Canon Brands Toners, Ink cartridges and Ribbons. The Buy Toner Online is an ISO 9001&140001 certified online shopping site, which provides 100 percent unconditional guarantee to the products it sells. The Buy Online Toner displays top selling products separately to enable the customer to choose their product easily without confusion. Buy Toner online sales by major Canon products are below: BJ Printers Canon BJ 5 Canon BJ 10 Canon BJ 100 Canon BJ 20 Canon BJ 200 Canon BJ 230 BJC printers Canon BJC 1000 Canon BJC 1010 Canon BJ...

Expiration dates of sealed CANON printer cartridges
I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't find an expiration date on the box. On the bottom flap is stamped "C10A30". Is the expiration date encoded in this? rusure wrote: > I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't > find an expiration date on the box. On the bottom flap is stamped > "C10A30". Is the expiration date encoded in this? > I don't think Canon cartridges have expiry dates on them. On Aug 7, 2:41 pm, Ulysses777 <oh...@you.dont> wrote: > rusure wrote: > > I don't think Canon cartridges have expiry dates on them. I don't think Canon cartridges have anything to do with Commodore Business Machines. ;-) -Andrew ___ / __|__ Cottonwood BBS / / |_/ telnet://cottonwood.servebbs.com \ \__|_\ Open 24/7 -=- 50 Online Games! \___| http://hometown.aol.com/cottonwoodbbs On Aug 6, 6:32 pm, rusure <r_u_s...@mybluelight.com> wrote: > I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't > find an expiration date on the box. On the bottom flap is stamped > "C10A30". Is the expiration date encoded in this? Try this, to make sure it's OK still. 1. Remove the protective strip from the bottom of the cartridge. 2. Wet a paper towel (dampen) under HOT water, and hold on the print head for only a few seconds 3. If you see any black ink on the towel, you "probably" have a...

My Canon i550 printer refuses to print in colour
Don't you just hate it when something goes wrong over which you seem to have no control? My Canon i550 has generally not acted up much, but today it simply refuses to print in colour. All the ink cartridges are loaded and in position; I've cleaned the heads; I've switched it off, I've unplugged it and plugged it back in. I tried printing from another computer and get the same results, so it's definitely the printer. I'm trying to print from an iMac O/S 9.5 Anybody out there got any suggestions? Jelby bilney@telus.net wrote: > Don't you jus...

two different kinds of cartridges for canon printers?
Hello, I'm sure this problem has been raised before, but I didn't find the answer when I googled for it, nor when I searched Canon's website, nor when I asked people in person. I have two Canon printers: the BJC-2000 and the BJC-4550. Both of them are supposed to take the BC-20 cartridge, which I have installed, and the BCI-21, which I have not. The problem is that the BCI-21 is very different in shape and size from the BC-20. The BCI-21, even when paired (color + black), is not quite a matchup to the BC-20. What's going on? Why do several diferent sources say that these cartridges are interchangeable? If they are interchangeable, HOW do I install the BCI-21? Thank you for all answers. Ted Shoemaker The BC-20 cartridge is an integrated printhead cartridge. The BCI-21 is a tank (available in black and tri-color) which is installed in the BC-21e printhead. You will need a BC-21e printhead to run BCI-21 cartridges. -- WeInk.com Technical Support ------------------------------------------------------ Toll Free Support: 1-888-825-0759 Toll Free Orders: 1-800-559-3465 http://www.weink.com/ Subscribe to our newsletter and get up to 20% off your order. ------------------------------------------------------ "Ted Shoemaker" <shoemakerted@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:415b5d6e_1@newspeer2.tds.net... > > Hello, > > I'm sure this problem has been raised before, but I didn&...

Canon Printer Cartridges -- Be Sure To Get The Right Ones!
I already posted about my problem -- I put in new cartridges, and suddenly the colors were messed up -- but the solution struck me as so unexpected -- the kind of thing that could trip other people up -- that I thought it's worth having an entire separate thread. I don't know if this can happen with other brands, but it turns out that Canon makes printers that use identically SHAPED ink cartridges, but where the cartridges are subtly different colors. For example, they have plain Cyan, Yellow, and Magenta; and then they also have PHOTO Cyan, PHOTO Yellow, and PHOTO Magenta. (They even have these subtle shade differences for black.) Further confusing the matter is that the listings of the printer names and types can be similar. So, here's my sad saga. I go to the store and look for cartridges for my i860, and I see a cartridge that looks like the right shape, and it's for some very similar model number (I'm not sure what it was, the i800, or the i960, something like that). Even the model number for the cartridge itself is VERY SIMILAR, something like 6Y (for plain yellow) and 6PY (for photo yellow). These things are easy to miss if (like me) you are more "conceptual" oriented than "detail" oriented. The point is, I get it home, and it fits just fine, except now the colors are coming out funny. Turns out, after calling Canon tech support, that I in fact had the wrong cartridge, which is why the colors wer...

Canon Pixma printers: ink cartridges, print-head cleaners
I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon cartridges vs. generic it seems to me that the latter would be more cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads. And what about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised. Do they work? If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail. Or so I have been figuring. I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had experience with these printers, e.g.: 1) What generic cartridges are considered of 'good quality'? Any recommendations of websites or companies? Considering that the printheads are not disposable, how likely is it that a good quality generic cartridge will clog up the printheads? 2) Are there sources for genuine Canon cartridges which offer some discount off of retail prices? 3) Re/ print head cleaning: I've seen fluids offered as well as cartridges filled with cleaner/solvent. Do these things work? I'm thinking that occasional preventative maintenence might be a good idea. Thanks, Dorian "Dorian" <DorianLS2@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1115271929.121480.311760@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink > cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine ...

Can You Use those 7-Series Canon Cartridges in Printers Sold in the US?
In Japan, Canon sells the "Pixus" line of inkjets that looks the same on the outside as their American versions. For instance, the Pixus iP3100 looks like the iP3000, while the iP4100 looks like the iP4000. Of course, the 7-series ink is not even available here, but I was just wondering anyway. Are the cartridges interchangeable between the siblings? Thanks. ...

does Canon have a printer that doesn't use a "FINE" cartridge?
Hello, i need to replace my second Canon printer and notice that the newer ones (Pixmas) have this "FINE" system. I don't need photo, just good color, and preferably an AIO type (one with a flatbed copier capability). Looked at an MP160, MP180, MP460.. They have this "FINE" cartridge system and I'd prefer as few cartridges as absolutely necessary... Anybody with an idea of a model still available that still uses the three-colors + 1-black cartridge configuration like the i series ones? Really appreciate any help you can suggest... Thanks!! Mike ...

my Canon printer won't let me select the black ink cartridge
I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with a problem I'm having with my Canon Pixma 250 printer. The colour cartridge has nearly run out, but the black and white cartridge still has plenty of ink in it. As I only want to print out some letters, I've tried selecting 'use black ink cartridge only' (or whatever the wording is). But then when I try to print, I get a message that looks something like this: "This document will print using the following cartridge: COLOR Your over-ride command has been disabled" This isn't the exact wor...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Anyone using Canon Pixma with non-canon cartridges?
Hello I need to do short and long runs of flyers for mailing (mostly black text, some photos) I will never need to print photos on photo quality paper. I can get replacement cartridges very, very cheap which makes it less expensive in the long run than getting a colour laser printer. I would like to know your personal experience using the ip4000 or ip5000 with replacement cartridges continously........ has anyone used them non-stop since they bought their printer? How many have you used so far? Please mention if you refill yourself or buy no-name cartridges ready to go. How is your print quality now compared to the original cartridge the printer came with? The main problem with using these dodgy cartridges appears to be clogging of the print head. I would be interested in anyone's thoughts on which printer would be best with non-original cartridges. Would the ip4000 with the 2 picoliter droplets be better than the ip5000 with the 1 picolitre droplets, as it is wider and therefore less chance of clogging? "Zan" <zan5hin@iinet.net.au> wrotenews:4186fd41$1_2@news.melbourne.pipenetworks.com: > Hello > > I need to do short and long runs of flyers for mailing (mostly black > text, some photos) > > I will never need to print photos on photo quality paper. > > I can get replacement cartridges very, very cheap which makes it less > expensive in the long run than getting a colour laser printer. >...

Canon S300 printer and GPL driver from canon.jp
hi everyone Like many other users, I'm experiencing problems with my Canon S300 printer. Today I've found a page at linuxprinting.org that state that Canon has released GPLed drivers for S300 in Japan ( http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-S300 ). It's actually true: http://cweb.canon.jp/drv-upd/bj/bjlinux210.html Since I cannot understand japanese and babelfish isn't helping so much I tried to install them without much luck. I downloaded and installed (I'm running Mandrake 10 rc1) bjfilterbjs300-2.1-0.i386.rpm, bjfiltercups-2.2-0.i386.rpm, bjfilte...

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

Web resources about - Canon i550 Cartridges - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...