Canon i560 color printer problem

I installed fresh color printer cartridges and cleaned the heads a
couple of times but the color has run to more red. The blue color seems
to have stopped working. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

0
tguffei

Have you run a nozzle check to see if the cyan isn't printing? Have you made
sure the tape has been removed up to the air vents and have you reseated the
cartridges? This sounds like the ink flow is restricted due to either of the
points I inquired about.

Ron

<tguffei@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I installed fresh color printer cartridges and cleaned the heads a
> couple of times but the color has run to more red. The blue color seems
> to have stopped working. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

0
Ron
5/25/2005 8:41:15 PM
yes, we've done these points...do you think that it might be due
something blocking the flow of ink from the cartridge and how would you
check that?

0
tguffei
5/25/2005 9:03:49 PM
If the tape wasn't removed per directions that could also be a problem. The
sponge side needs to be vented. On the reverse side, if too much ink has
come out it could also be showing the same symptoms. Make sure there isn't
any ink pooled around the inlet filters on the printhead.

> yes, we've done these points...do you think that it might be due
> something blocking the flow of ink from the cartridge and how would you
> check that?

0
Ron
5/26/2005 3:55:12 AM
tguffei@hotmail.com wrote:
> I installed fresh color printer cartridges and cleaned the heads a
> couple of times but the color has run to more red. The blue color
> seems to have stopped working. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

When my i550 failed similar way, if i run deep cleaning a couple of times
and printed one or two pages of anything before actual print, it was OK, but
only until next day or next few hours. Serviceman told me head is dead and
thus printer is ready for trash...so i fear that in your case head is dead,
too... :-((

0
SleeperMan
5/29/2005 2:40:22 PM
You can buy direct from Canon a replacement print head, but Canon makes
these expensive. Depending on where you live, expect to pay
$40.00-$60.00 for one.

it is model # QY6-0042

0
ISZ
5/29/2005 8:52:08 PM

ISZ wrote:

>You can buy direct from Canon a replacement print head, but Canon makes
>these expensive. Depending on where you live, expect to pay
>$40.00-$60.00 for one.
>
>it is model # QY6-0042

For $35 to $40 more you can also get a set of cartridges and a new printer.
0
measekite
5/29/2005 9:01:50 PM
measekite wrote:
> ISZ wrote:
>
>> You can buy direct from Canon a replacement print head, but Canon
>> makes these expensive. Depending on where you live, expect to pay
>> $40.00-$60.00 for one.
>>
>> it is model # QY6-0042
>>

> For $35 to $40 more you can also get a set of cartridges and a new
> printer.

Yep, i did exatcly same...instead of just head, i rather got new ip4000 for
roughly 20 % more...

0
SleeperMan

Major problems with Canon i560 Printer
Hi I have just purchased a Canon i560 printer (which got rave reviews everywhere) for my home computer and I cannot get it to print at all! I'm desperate for some help from those in the know. I have installed the latest drivers from the canon.co.uk web site (version 2.32) but when I try to print, the paper feeds a sheet at a time for every pass the printer tries to draw across the page. I just get hundreds of almost empty sheets -- completely useless. (I have a G4 800 Mhz running Panther 10.3.2. I have 1024 MB of Ram if it makes any difference.) What's weird is that the print te...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Canon printer problems
Hi I was given this printer, this is the info i got from the start, i havent tried it yet as i have to dig out the usb lead. Seems to be faulty, we have tried lots of different cartrages and different print heads, but doesn't print black properly Its a i250. I havent seen one of these before. I hate throwing anything away, is there much chance of getting it up and running? ta Sounds like a dead print head... which is probably why someone gave it away. -- Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging "Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" <julianhales@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:b0S2f.101393$RW.95461@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Hi > > I was given this printer, this is the info i got from the start, i havent > tried it yet as i have to dig out the usb lead. > > Seems to be faulty, we have tried lots of different cartrages and > different print heads, but doesn't print black properly > > Its a i250. I havent seen one of these before. > > I hate throwing anything away, is there much chance of getting it up and > running? > ta > > > thanks, i have a few old printers that dont work for various reasons, im not really up on printers but i hate to see waste, i still reguarly use a 80's dot matrix. "Cari" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message news:3r2cvbFh67hiU3@individual.net... > Sounds like a dead print he...

Canon Printer Problem.
I have a Canon BJC2100 Printer that was working perfectly until I unplugged it to move my computer. When I plugged it back in it stopped working. The problem is that the printhead won't go to the starting position, it stays in the center. I tried unplugging it for about an hour then plugging it back in again. It seems to recycle but it comes back to the center position. I tried replacing the ink carts and it does the same thing. I replaced the printhead and it made no difference. I tried removing the driver and installing the driver again (3 different times) but it doe...

Canon i560 printer
I have a problem similar to Gillian Bobbett's with her iP4200 printer, except mine is a Canon i560. If I scan a document with my Mustek 800 scanner, and save it as a sprite file, and then drag it into an Impression page, it appears perfectly on the screen. When I tell it to print using FastSpool+ the printer light flashes as usual as it loads the info into the printer, but it feeds no paper, and when it has finished loading the info, nothing happens, and I get no print. The only way I can get it to print is to save it as a JPEG, put it into Artworks and then drag it into Impression, or ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Lexmark Printer Problems
A friend of mine has a Lexmark all in one, model X1150. Just recently it appears to have developed a fault, when she tries to print anything it brings up an error message saying 'Printer Cover Open'. The printer cover is fully closed so I can't see why the error is brought up every time, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance Diane Diane wrote: > A friend of mine has a Lexmark all in one, model X1150. Just recently it > appears to have developed a fault, when she tries to print anything it > brings up an error message saying 'Printer Cover Open'. The printer cover > is fully closed so I can't see why the error is brought up every time, does > anyone have any ideas? > Thanks in advance > Diane > Hi, This may or may not be the problem, but I'm wild guessing that perhaps the printer's cover door *is* fully closed but isn't depressing the switch enough to prevent the "printer cover open" message from being sent to the computer. Locate where the printer door activates the switch on the printer and try depressing the switch with a finger or pen or pencil to see if that turns off the message next time she prints. Logically that should be the only reason she would get that message - the switch isn't being depressed enough. I used to have a Lexmark and I knew where that switch was, but I don't know where it is on the X1150. Sometimes I like ...

hobbicolors.com review: 4 color printer = "hot", 6 color printer = "not"
I haven't posted for a while. I assume that all the main characters are still here. Measekite, Frank, Burt, Dan G, a teacher, a retired HP employee, TJ, Talyisian and etc. Well about a year ago I posted that I tested an i960 canon printer (6 color printer) with hobbicolor ink. I was disappointed with the results. The photos it printed was not acceptable. However, a few months later, the same ink was tested on a 4 color canon printer. Wow! It printed incredible. I'd say it was OEM quality. That was without any software modification. Actually it was tested by hooking...

Printer Ink

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

Canon BJC2100 Printer problem
I used the printer one day and then disconnected it to use another printer. When I reinstalled the BJC2100, it acts as tho it is printing but no print comes through. Worked perfect one day and then failed the next day. New print cartridge..Any answers??Thanks jmoseleytex jmoseleytex wrote: > I used the printer one day and then disconnected it to use another > printer. When I reinstalled the BJC2100, it acts as tho it is printing > but no print comes through. Worked perfect one day and then failed the > next day. New print cartridge..Any answers??Thanks Everything ...

Canon i850 printer problem
Out of the blue my Canon i850 printer has started not printing the left 1/4" of only emails or printing off the net. I have done all the utilities, cleaning, alignment, etc. Any ideas? LJ wrote: > Out of the blue my Canon i850 printer has started not printing the left > 1/4" of only emails or printing off the net. I have done all the > utilities, cleaning, alignment, etc. Any ideas? This sounds like your page settings in the applications rather than the printer. ...

Canon 1550 printer problem
I just bought this printer and when I print a web page, the print is sometimes so small that you can hardly read it. I installed a Canon printer bar but I can not figure out how to increase the font size when printing a web page. Any help will be appreciated. mike Launch Internet Explorer, from the Toolbar, View, Text Size. -- Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware) www.coribright.com "Mike" <mrdspam@cheerful.com> wrote in message news:e2oq90dkishgj01566n1emq5h592ajkmdt@4ax.com... > I just bought this printer and when I print a web pa...

canon i865 printer problem
Hi Running windows XP home edition with SP2 my problem is that the printer won't print grey when I print photos I get a green hue over the picture and when I print a test image from http://www.misterinkjet.com/images/testprint.jpg the grey areas come out green I have changed the cartridges and the printhead all other printing is fine (word and excel docs ) when I check the grey scale box the printer prints several different shades of grey ok then , I have run the printhead alignment and nozzle check programmes that are in the maintence tab but to be honest I'm not sure what i should be looking at but they look ok (the new printhead has only been in a couple of hrs) I have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it I have installed it on another machine all with the same results I have consulted with canon europes FAQ in their website The printer is approx 18 mths old and has been no problem has anybody got any ideas what the the problem is or am i left with a printer that won't print grey TIA Osiris In article osiris.luxor@btopenworld.com says... > Hi > Running windows XP home edition with SP2 > my problem is that the printer won't print grey when I print photos I > get a green hue over the picture What application are you printing from? With some like Photoshop you can end up with both the app and the printer trying to manage the colour. Have you tried with simple program like Canon's Easy-Photoprint...

problem with canon s900 printer
hi can anyone help, i have had my canon s900 printer for nearly 2 years now without a problem recently, everytime i print anything, the light flashes on and off (orange) with the message: The used ink tank is almost full. Press the printer's RESUME button to restart printing. all of my ink carts r full so its not that, i cant think of what the problem is, can anyone help? thank you James wrote: > > hi can anyone help, i have had my canon s900 printer for nearly 2 years now > without a problem > recently, everytime i print anything, the light flashes on and...

i560s Canon Photo Printer
This is great photo printer. What I'm trying to figure out is how to load 4 x 6 glossy paper. The tray guides don't have a specific setting or guide and I sure don't want to waste the paper and the ink. Anybody know how to do this, might be the same for other Canon photo printers, I'm not sure and would appreciate any feedback or ideas. Thanks in advance. Martin JTex wrote: > This is great photo printer. What I'm trying to figure out is how to > load 4 x 6 glossy paper. The tray guides don't have a specific setting > or guide and I sure don't w...

Canon i950 Printer Problem
Just installed its 3rd print head (from Canon). The problem was that I couldn't get the printer to print yellow. Every printout had a blue cast to it. Deep cleaning had no effect nor does the new print head. I would have dumped the printer (it's never been all that reliable) if I hadn't just bought a bunch of new ink cartridges. So now I'm $140 in the hole between the new print head and cartridges. And the ^*$#* thing still doesn't work. I've read just about all I could find on the Internet. No one seem to have this exact problem. I see where yellow can ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

Canon i965 printer problem
Emac OS 10.3.1 Canon i965 printer. It prints perfectly with the latest versions of Illustrator, Word, Quark, Internet Explorer and AppleWorks, however with the latest version of Photoshop, Acrobat, Preview, Safari and Netscape there is a problem. The printed image size is miniature to what it should be, eg a full A4 page image prints at about 3/4" wide X 1" high. The default printer is set to i965 and default page is A4 in preferences/print & fax. I have the latest Canon driver 2.3.2 which states it is compatible with OS 10.3. I phoned Canon help, they couldn't help, no so...

Web resources about - Canon i560 color printer problem - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Engineering students invented a 'pancake printer' that takes breakfast to the next level
It's Pancake Day! And what better way to celebrate than with the modern marvel that is this machine that will create pancakes in any shape you ...

How 3D printers are changing plastic surgery
The new technology is allowing patients to see a preview of their new faces before going under the knife