Canon i950 vs. i960 photo printer

Hello,

I just bought my first digital camera (Canon PowerShot A70). Now I'm ready
to buy my first photo printer. I like the Canon i950 and have read great
things about it, but then I found some articles about a new printer coming
out in October called Canon i960. It looks like it's the same printer as the
i950, except it has a high-speed USB and is able to print directly from a
digital camera, whereas the i950 could not. The puzzling thing is that the
i960 is going to be much cheaper than the i950. Why would that be?!? The
i960 is about $199 and the i950 is about $249.

So on the surface, the i960 sure seems like the best of all worlds. But that
doesn't seem right to me. Is there a drawback to this new i960 that I'm not
aware of?! help!!

Monica

0
Monica

Monica wrote:

>So on the surface, the i960 sure seems like the best of all worlds. But that
>doesn't seem right to me. Is there a drawback to this new i960 that I'm not
>aware of?! help!!

Not that I'm aware of.

The price drop is likely due to reduced manufacturing costs since most
of the components are the same as the previous model.
0
Bill
9/22/2003 6:09:08 PM
Might be nice to be able to print directly from the card to the printer.

However, once you get used to using a digital camera, you will take many
more pictures than you typically did with film. Not all will be keeps.
(That's the nice thing about using "recycled electrons" and not film <g>.)
If you are only going to be printing 4 by 6 snapshots, that might be fine.
However, you will eventually want to do some editing with one of the fine
photo-touch up products out there. Once the photos are off the camera card
and into your computer, you'll be amazed with what you can and will want to
do.

I guess what I'm saying is that these transfer features are nice in
principal but don't really mean that much for performance.

Just my $0.02.

Steve
"Monica" <mpep@tdn.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I just bought my first digital camera (Canon PowerShot A70). Now I'm ready
> to buy my first photo printer. I like the Canon i950 and have read great
> things about it, but then I found some articles about a new printer coming
> out in October called Canon i960. It looks like it's the same printer as
the
> i950, except it has a high-speed USB and is able to print directly from a
> digital camera, whereas the i950 could not. The puzzling thing is that the
> i960 is going to be much cheaper than the i950. Why would that be?!? The
> i960 is about $199 and the i950 is about $249.
>
> So on the surface, the i960 sure seems like the best of all worlds. But
that
> doesn't seem right to me. Is there a drawback to this new i960 that I'm
not
> aware of?! help!!
>
> Monica

0
Steve
9/23/2003 10:45:43 AM
In article <vn0934od2974b7@corp.supernews.com>, sdell@nospamatone.net
says...
> Might be nice to be able to print directly from the card to the printer.
>
> However, once you get used to using a digital camera, you will take many
> more pictures than you typically did with film. Not all will be keeps.
> (That's the nice thing about using "recycled electrons" and not film <g>.)
> If you are only going to be printing 4 by 6 snapshots, that might be fine.
> However, you will eventually want to do some editing with one of the fine
> photo-touch up products out there. Once the photos are off the camera card
> and into your computer, you'll be amazed with what you can and will want to
> do.
>
> I guess what I'm saying is that these transfer features are nice in
> principal but don't really mean that much for performance.
>
> Just my $0.02.
>
> Steve
> "Monica" <mpep@tdn.com> wrote in message

 I have (and LOVE) the i950.. I have been told the 960 isnt as fast but
I have yet to see one in person.

( the "not as fast" remark came from a relative who doesnt live near
enough to make a trip to his house to time it worthwhile)

Larry Lynch
Mystic, CT
0
buck
9/23/2003 10:59:10 PM
I have an i550 and was going to buy an i950, but it's disapprearing
fast off of store shelves (Best Buy, Staples, BJ's, Sam's). My local
Staples only has a floor model left.

Two questions;
1. Is the i950 discontinued?
2. How much faster will the i960 be with USB 2.0?

I just installed a USB 2.0/Firewire combo card on my PC, so maybe my
delay in getting the i950 will be blessing.

Comments?

Thanks,
john

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 14:00:51 -0700, "Monica" <mpep@tdn.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I just bought my first digital camera (Canon PowerShot A70). Now I'm ready
>to buy my first photo printer. I like the Canon i950 and have read great
>things about it, but then I found some articles about a new printer coming
>out in October called Canon i960. It looks like it's the same printer as the
>i950, except it has a high-speed USB and is able to print directly from a
>digital camera, whereas the i950 could not. The puzzling thing is that the
>i960 is going to be much cheaper than the i950. Why would that be?!? The
>i960 is about $199 and the i950 is about $249.
>
>So on the surface, the i960 sure seems like the best of all worlds. But that
>doesn't seem right to me. Is there a drawback to this new i960 that I'm not
>aware of?! help!!
>
>Monica

0
jpd110
9/27/2003 1:13:39 PM
John D. wrote:

>Two questions;
>1. Is the i950 discontinued?

More or less...the i960 will replace it.

>2. How much faster will the i960 be with USB 2.0?

It won't be any faster. Printers are much slower than any connection
format.

USB is being added mainly for compatibility.
0
Bill
9/28/2003 9:50:17 AM
In article <mqzdb.535$%35.38082595@mantis.golden.net>, bill@c.a says...
> John D. wrote:
>
> >Two questions;
> >1. Is the i950 discontinued?
>
> More or less...the i960 will replace it.
>
> >2. How much faster will the i960 be with USB 2.0?
>
> It won't be any faster. Printers are much slower than any connection
> format.
>
> USB is being added mainly for compatibility.

If someone were to tell me the i960 is faster than the i950 I would take
it with a grain orf salt.

The i950 is VERY FAST and the print engine is the same.

The difference is similar to the difference between the HP Photosmart
7350 and the 7550. More gadgets on the 7550, same printr engine.

Larry Lynch
Mydtic, Ct
0
buck
9/28/2003 11:31:35 AM
On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 07:31:35 -0400, buck <slick@slide.net> wrote:

>In article <mqzdb.535$%35.38082595@mantis.golden.net>, bill@c.a says...
>> John D. wrote:
>>
>> >Two questions;
>> >1. Is the i950 discontinued?
>>
>> More or less...the i960 will replace it.
>>
>> >2. How much faster will the i960 be with USB 2.0?
>>
>> It won't be any faster. Printers are much slower than any connection
>> format.
>>
>> USB is being added mainly for compatibility.
>>

>If someone were to tell me the i960 is faster than the i950 I would take
>it with a grain orf salt.
>
>The i950 is VERY FAST and the print engine is the same.
>
>The difference is similar to the difference between the HP Photosmart
>7350 and the 7550. More gadgets on the 7550, same printr engine.
>
>Larry Lynch
>Mydtic, Ct

Is this true after 5 ink cartridge replacements you have to replace the print
head..?

0
puss
9/29/2003 12:55:45 AM

So any facts on the print head life...

Thanks

0
puss
9/29/2003 12:57:05 AM
In article <pm0fnvsou2a68vcnduba127iq9h5qdc4an@4ax.com>,
puss@purrpurr.com says...
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 07:31:35 -0400, buck <slick@slide.net> wrote:

> >> More or less...the i960 will replace it.

> >> It won't be any faster. Printers are much slower than any connection
> >> format.
> >>
> >> USB is being added mainly for compatibility.
> >>

> >If someone were to tell me the i960 is faster than the i950 I would take
> >it with a grain orf salt.
> >
> >The i950 is VERY FAST and the print engine is the same.
> >
> >The difference is similar to the difference between the HP Photosmart
> >7350 and the 7550. More gadgets on the 7550, same printr engine.
> >
> >Larry Lynch
> >Mydtic, Ct
>

> Is this true after 5 ink cartridge replacements you have to replace the print
> head..?

Never heard that one, and Im WELL past five sets of ink tanks on the
i950.

You do hear some wierd shit on the web.

Canon says the print-head will last the life of the printer, but they
dont say what the life expectancy is.
--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.
> >The difference is similar to the difference between the HP Photosmart
> >7350 and the 7550. More gadgets on the 7550, same printr engine.

The Photosmart 7350 and 7550 doe not use the same print engine.  The 7550 holds
three print cartridges at once, the 7350 holds two.  There are very very few
parts in common between these printers.

Regards,

Bob
9/29/2003 1:56:52 AM
In article <vnf4b3368b8130@corp.supernews.com>, bobh@proaxis.com says...

> > >The difference is similar to the difference between the HP Photosmart
> > >7350 and the 7550. More gadgets on the 7550, same printr engine.
>
> The Photosmart 7350 and 7550 doe not use the same print engine.  The 7550 holds
> three print cartridges at once, the 7350 holds two.  There are very very few
> parts in common between these printers.
>
> Regards,

OOOOPs! bad example!!! I only had the 7550 for a couple of
days...Creeping senility is getting me I guess.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

So any facts on the print head life...

Thanks

0
puss
9/29/2003 11:01:55 PM
puss@purrpurr.com wrote:

>So any facts on the print head life...

It's expected to last the life of the printer, which is great. Except
that Canon doesn't give any hard numbers for total pages, just pages per
month.

Assuming a life of 50,000 pages, and printing 100 pages per week, that
would be almost 10 years, 5 years at 200 pages per week, etc. I think
I'm being conservative too.

I expect my Canon i850 will last well past the time I sell it and
upgrade to a better unit in a few years. :)
0
Bill
9/30/2003 5:33:23 AM
In article <1S9eb.616$dx1.48948314@mantis.golden.net>, Bill <bill@c.a>
wrote:

>puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
>
>>So any facts on the print head life...
>
>It's expected to last the life of the printer, which is great. Except
>that Canon doesn't give any hard numbers for total pages, just pages per
>month.
>
>Assuming a life of 50,000 pages, and printing 100 pages per week, that
>would be almost 10 years, 5 years at 200 pages per week, etc. I think
>I'm being conservative too.
>
>I expect my Canon i850 will last well past the time I sell it and
>upgrade to a better unit in a few years. :)

If this is like older Canon printers, the print head will be available
as a replacement part *once the first printers have gone out of
warrenty* (before then all replacements are done under warrenty and one
cannot buy the part separately, at least for past models). Thus in
principle one could replace the head and keep running. On the other
hand, if the head is designed to last the life of the printer, that
suggests that other parts may also be reaching the end of their useful
life at that point. It'll be interesting to see how that works out.

-- Russell
0
Russell
9/30/2003 8:40:03 PM
Bob is right!

Rodan, not speaking for my employer, McDonalds. (lol)

"Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message

> > >The difference is similar to the difference between the HP Photosmart
> > >7350 and the 7550. More gadgets on the 7550, same printr engine.
>
> The Photosmart 7350 and 7550 doe not use the same print engine.  The 7550
holds
> three print cartridges at once, the 7350 holds two.  There are very very
few
> parts in common between these printers.
>
> Regards,

Rodan
10/3/2003 2:55:22 AM
It will work until it quits....seroiusly,  I dont think anyone has owned a
i950 long enough to evaluate the print head life.
<puss@purrpurr.com> wrote in message

> So any facts on the print head life...
>

> Thanks

0
Rodan
10/3/2003 2:56:41 AM
"buck" <slick@slide.net> wrote in message

> If someone were to tell me the i960 is faster than the i950 I would take
> it with a grain orf salt.
>
> The i950 is VERY FAST and the print engine is the same.

Steve's Conclusion
The Canon i960 is an incredible printer -- it's even faster than its
predecessor the i950 and is so quiet you hardly know it's working

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/canon_i960_pg4.html

0
Marke

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

Canon I960 vs I900D Printers
I'm in the market to purchase a new printer and seem to have focused on the Canon. I'm am unsure of which of these two printers I should buy. The one thing that confuses me is that the I960 has 3072 nozzles (512x6) instead of the 1536 nozzles that the I900D (256x6) has. Is this something that I need to be concerned about, or is this just something that makes the printer output faster (I noticed that the I960 printer twice as fast). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I plan on buying this weekend. << From: ccmangrove@yahoo.com (cc) Date: Fri, May 28, 2004 7:16 AM Message-id: <80c4e52c.0405280416.6d2f750c@posting.google.com> I'm in the market to purchase a new printer and seem to have focused on the Canon. I'm am unsure of which of these two printers I should buy. The one thing that confuses me is that the I960 has 3072 nozzles (512x6) instead of the 1536 nozzles that the I900D (256x6) has. Is this something that I need to be concerned about, or is this just something that makes the printer output faster (I noticed that the I960 printer twice as fast). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I plan on buying this weekend. >><BR><BR> I would buy the i960. One reviewer gave it better ratings and its simply a better printer. If you are intrigued by the card capabilities of the i900D, keep in mind that if you really want to print the best pictures you will want to adjust your ...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

i960 Canon printer...what other brands can I use for photos
Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon brand. I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. TIA >Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon >brand. >I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. I use Epson papers with my i960 with great success. My favorite among the Epson varieties is ColorLife. I am partial to semi gloss or lustre papers. YMMV John On 27 Apr 2004 23:53:40 GMT, jmoorets@aol.com (JMooreTS) wrote: >>Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon >>brand. >>I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. > >I use Epson papers with my i960 with great success. My favorite among the >Epson varieties is ColorLife. I am partial to semi gloss or lustre papers. >YMMV > >John > I use Epson from Costco and have very nice results with my i960. I use the highest paper quality setting. John H On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! The Costco Epson glossy prints great on the 960 using the Canon Photopaper Plus Glossy setting. Thanks guys. With the ink from Atlantic inkjets coming and the paper from Costco, it will really make for low cost photos!!! "bmoag" <aetoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Ochkc.57883$%c5.47071@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > The Costco Epson glos...

Newest Canons vs. Epsons
I am about to buy a new photo printer. My old Epson Stylus Photo 870 has been good. Now, for my specifications. Cost - Under $250 Inks - Must be six ink of better and of latest archival evolution (ex. Chromlife, etc) Papers - I tend to use high-end paper developed by the actual manufacturer Basically, I use Photoshop to restore damaged photos. The pictures I sell should be able to last 20-30 years under glass, and should be as good as those produced by an automated photo developing machine. This all said - which model is going to be best between Epson and Canon? Thanks ...

Choosing the Right Photo Printer.(hp photo printer binoculars)
hp photo printer binoculars, The photo printers in the market provide great quality photo printing; they are affordable and easy to use. If you choose the right photo printer, you can easily print great digital photos and be amazed. If you do not feel ready to start using a photo printer yet, you can also find an inkjet printer that produces good quality high resolution pictures. There are also mobile photo printers if you are planning to print on the go. Here are the important points to consider when buying a photo printer: Resolution, Resolution is one of the most important...

"Photo" printers cheaper than "non-photo" printers?
I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? Monica "Monica" <nospam@guess.com> wrote in message news:akiee.15829$yV4.6261@okepread03... > I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most > part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? I'm doing the same because I already have an Epson 2100 for printing photos. I think the reason for this strange price difference is because they are aimed at office use rather than home use. Check the "duty cycle" figures in the specs. This is the number of pages per month the printer is designed to handle (a measure of how rugged it is). Monica wrote: >I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most >part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? >Monica > > Because they are usually business printers and made for speed with reasonable quality. The HP 1200 is one of the models out there. > > > There are a few reasons non-photo printers are more costly at original acquisition. 1) as mentioned they are usually designed for more durability, ease of use, etc, because they will be moving a LOT more paper through them. Most of the printing will be text or small gr...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Printer question: multipurpose vs. dedicated photo, fixed head vs. on-cartridge
I've just picked up a digital point-and-shoot camera (Canon Powershot A75) and am trying to decide on the best printer to go with it. For my computer printing, I've been using a Lexmark Z11 for the past 5 years, but it's color calibration isn't good enough for printing photos (as an aside, is there software that can view a scan of the printed image, compare it to the original and adjust the image as needed?). I'm just looking to do some basic picture printing, nothing fancy, up to 8x10. I don't anticipate needing slots in the printer to print directly from the memory card, but I wouldn't mind being able to print directly from the camera. My questions are these: 1. I'm considering the HP PSC 1315xi multipurpose printer. For $100, I can get a 6-ink, PictBridge printer along with a scanner (not that I need another one, but my wife would appreciate being able to make copies without using the computer). How does this compare to the Canon i860, which appears to be one of the most recommended dedicated photo printer in the $150 price range. 2. Having a Lexmark, I'm used to replacing my printhead with each cartridge. Costs a bit more, but it's one less thing to go wrong with the printer. I understand that HP similarly has it's printhead on the cartridge, but Epson and Canon have the printhead built into the printer. Am I better off choosing the HP because there's one less built-in part to go bad? I r...

Printer Ink

Canon: Easy Photo Printer
when I open the pgm, get a message that says no supported printer connected. & the pgm automatically closes. But there IS a Canon printer connected. In fact I got the s/w pgm when i bought the printer. Help? ((.)) ')) (((((((( ))(/)(( Judy Cosler wrote: >when I open the pgm, get a message that says no supported printer >connected. & the pgm automatically closes. But there IS a Canon >printer connected. In fact I got the s/w pgm when i bought the >printer. Help? > >((.)) ')) > (((((((( > ))(/)(( > > And I thought you knew it all. Judy Cosler wrote: >when I open the pgm, get a message that says no supported printer >connected. & the pgm automatically closes. But there IS a Canon >printer connected. In fact I got the s/w pgm when i bought the >printer. Help? Sounds like the printer drivers are not properly installed. I don't know how Easy Photo Print detects the printer, but uninstalling and re-installing the drivers may do the trick. measekite wrote: > > > Judy Cosler wrote: > >> when I open the pgm, get a message that says no supported printer >> connected. & the pgm automatically closes. But there IS a Canon >> printer connected. In fact I got the s/w pgm when i bought the >> printer. Help? >> >> ((.)) ')) >> (((((((( ))(/)(...

Canon i950 Printer Problem
Just installed its 3rd print head (from Canon). The problem was that I couldn't get the printer to print yellow. Every printout had a blue cast to it. Deep cleaning had no effect nor does the new print head. I would have dumped the printer (it's never been all that reliable) if I hadn't just bought a bunch of new ink cartridges. So now I'm $140 in the hole between the new print head and cartridges. And the ^*$#* thing still doesn't work. I've read just about all I could find on the Internet. No one seem to have this exact problem. I see where yellow can ...

Photo-quality Canon printer
Hi I am considering to purchase a Canon printer. Does anyone has experience on the photo-qualtiy printing form a Canon i860? Or suggest a better alternatvie but in the same price range? Thanks. I have the Canon i865 which is the same, and it is as good as if not better than the local Photo labs, and very fast just 30sec's for a picture..with the ink's that last for ages never have had a printer of this quility for this sort of price! just buy it you will be glad you did... "tc" <tc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:WEFxb.49$JZ6.9@newsfep1-gui.server.ntli.net... > Hi > > I am considering to purchase a Canon printer. > Does anyone has experience on the photo-qualtiy printing form a Canon i860? > Or suggest a better alternatvie but in the same price range? > Thanks. > > > Can the inkjet cartridges on the Canon i860 be refilled easily and reliably? By reliably I mean are the cartridges or the printer subject to being damaged by inadvertant over-filling or letting the ink run dry before refilling? I've been watching the reviews of the Canon here and it sounds like the printer I want/need. Thanks. 0ld Martian can you damage the On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:41:11 -0000, "GeoSd" <dontcallme@.com> wrote: >I have the Canon i865 which is the same, and it is as good as if not better >than the local Photo labs, and very fast just 30sec's for a picture..wit...

Canon Pixma Photo Printer
Canon PIXMA MX860 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer Price:$199.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001R4C5BK Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001R4C5BK Canon MP480 All-in-One Photo Printer Price:$99.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6BW8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6BW8 Canon iP4600 Inkjet Photo Printer (2909B002) Price:$99.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6DH6 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6DH6 Canon MP980 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer Price:$349.00 Image: ht...

Canon i9900 photo printer
I was all set to buy the Canon i9900 photo printer until I saw the review in PC World magazine. It gave the printer a rating of FAIR (68). However, it did say that it was a very good photo printer. This was a little confusing. How can it be two things. Any comments would be appreciated. The review is on the web site listed below. Ben http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/sfchart.asp?sort_dir=desc&typid=12&pg=4&sort= rating_date&vendor=0&subtype=0&att_filter1206=0&att_filter1207=0&hi_p=0 Ben wrote: > I was all set to buy the Canon i9900 photo printe...

Canon i960 Printer Utility
Mac OS 10.3.3 My i960 set up well when I first plugged in and ran the sutup utility. Now that I have been using it I am unable to print a test pattern or adjust the head alignment. Every time I open the Printer Utility and ask for the pattern or the cleaning I am told that I have "Error: 19. Utility function cannot be used because the printer is performing processing. Make sure the printer has finished processing, and try again." I have made sure that there are no jobs on line, I have stopped and started the printer. Nothing helps. What am I missing? Larry I have not had this problem: so far this printer has exceeded my quality and speed expectations after years of using Epsons. If you have not already tried this it never hurts to unplug the USB cable, uninstall the drivers and then go through the reinstallation process for the printer and drivers. Uninstall/reinstall solves many problems. Also there is an updated XP driver on the Canon Web site, at least it was newer than the one that came with my printer. ...

Which Canon photo printer would you buy?
I'm researching and focusing on: 1. Canon i960 sells for $199.99 2. Canon i900D - $249.99 3. Canon S900 - $309.94, a refurbished one for about $80-$110 Are the last 2 better in any way than #1? Should I get involved with the refurbished one? Thanks for any input. "Valentin" <labandera63@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:sw7Hb.5988$Vv2.2858248@news1.news.adelphia.net... > I'm researching and focusing on: > > 1. Canon i960 sells for $199.99 > 2. Canon i900D - $249.99 > 3. Canon S900 - $309.94, a refurbished one for about $80-$110 > > Are the last 2 better in any way than #1? Should I get involved with the > refurbished one? > Thanks for any input. > I have read some very positive reviews about the i960 Regards, http://www4.tomshardware.com/consumer/20031208/printer_roundup-04.html Looks like the i960 is the way to go. Tod "Valentin" <labandera63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:sw7Hb.5988$Vv2.2858248@news1.news.adelphia.net... > I'm researching and focusing on: > > 1. Canon i960 sells for $199.99 > 2. Canon i900D - $249.99 > 3. Canon S900 - $309.94, a refurbished one for about $80-$110 > > Are the last 2 better in any way than #1? Should I get involved with the > refurbished one? > Thanks for any input. > "Tod DeBie" <tod_debie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JdvHb.31475$Vs3.27230...

Printer profiles
I have just downloaded the printer profiles from Red River Paper for the Canon i950. I use Photoshop Elements. I can't tell where the profiles are supposed to be installed. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. TIA Steve http://www.redrivercatalog.com/profiles/starter_canon.pdf will tell you. "Steve Dell" <stevedell@nospamatcomcast.net> wrote in message news:SNCdndtKqryWoy2iRVn-vg@comcast.com >> I have just downloaded the printer profiles from Red River Paper for >> the Canon i950. >> >> I use Photoshop Elements. I can't tell where the profiles are >> supposed to be installed. >> >> Any direction would be greatly appreciated. >> >> TIA >> >> Steve -- Colonel Blip colonel.blip@nospambigfoot.com Remove "nospam" when replying. __________________________________ -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

PS Printer Management vs. Epson Printer Management
Why, on many of the prints I make, I must use Epson's color management, rather than PS's color management, to get a print that most closely matches my monitor? I have an Epson 1280 that I've profiled using GretagMacbeth's Eye-One system. I profiled it for Epson's Premium Photo Glossy paper and MIS inks. Too frequently, when I run a test on 4x6 Epson Premium Photo Glossy paper (soft-proofing is a waste of time for me), I find that, using my profile & letting PS manage the printing, that the print fails miserably to match my monitor's image. (I recalibrate & prof...

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

Web resources about - Canon i950 vs. i960 photo printer - comp.periphs.printers

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Philips Hue Starter Kit $120, LifeProof FRĒ iPhone 6 Case $30, Brother AirPrint ...
... FRĒ Waterproof iPhone 6 Case in multiple colors: $30 shipped (Reg. $72) Get ready to file your taxes w/ this Brother AirPrint Laser Printer ...

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

In a World of Smart Everything, Printers Have Finally Caught Up
... we’re saying is, we want to avoid meeting places that, well, should have never become meeting places. What are we talking about? Slow printers. ...