Canon ip4000 3eBK cart. When is it used?

I print a lot. I have to change carts everyday. It's all Matt hires paper. I've
set color to manual. My black is set to -10 and darkness -10.

With these setting prints come out very nice. The 3eBK cart appears to be not
used at all. I don't have change its very often - maybe twice a month.

The 3eBK printhead get's stuck often - i reckon it's the non use. A few cleaning
cycles fixes it though.

0
DC

It's used only with non-photo paper selection.

"DC" <dci@glebnomail.com> wrote in message
> I print a lot. I have to change carts everyday. It's all Matt hires paper.
I've
> set color to manual. My black is set to -10 and darkness -10.
>
> With these setting prints come out very nice. The 3eBK cart appears to be
not
> used at all. I don't have change its very often - maybe twice a month.
>
> The 3eBK printhead get's stuck often - i reckon it's the non use. A few
cleaning
> cycles fixes it though.

0
Dan

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected...

Canon Pixma Printers using compatable carts
Hi Which of the Canon Pixma iP printers will take compatable carts Needs to be CD/DVD print capable I'm in the UK -- Martin ���� The word compatible is meaning less except for the fact they will physically fit. Martin ���� somewhere@in-time.invalid wrote: >Hi >Which of the Canon Pixma iP printers will take compatable carts >Needs to be CD/DVD print capable >I'm in the UK > > ...

Using both parallel & USB on same printer (Canon ip4000)
I have my Canon ip4000 on my home network with a parallel port print server appliance. It works great except that I cannot use the ink monitor software. Is there a configuration that would allow me to monitor the ink via the USB port, but print through the network, without encountering conflicts or print errors? How does the printer manage requests coming in on both ports? The port that I currently have defined in my driver settings is an "LPR" port. - David On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:04:14 -0400, "David D." <daviddiamond.remove-if-not-spam@comca...

Re: Using both parallel & USB on same printer (Canon ip4000) Success!
Success! I defined my Canon ip4000 twice -- once as a USB printer; and once as an LPR printer that uses ethernet to a print server appliance to the printer's parallel port. It appears to work fine, with no conflicts. The USB interface is considerably faster, AND it enables me to use the Canon printer monitor software to monitor the ink supply. The LPR interface enables me to use the printer from any computer in the house, albeit without the ink monitoring. For the USB, I am using a 16-foot Belkin USB2 cable (gold contacts; 20-gauge conductors) that I got from amazon.com ...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

Canon ip4000 cart all sponge?
I bought a set of Canon ip4000 carts. They are all sponge inside. Seem to work allright though. They don't drip at all and the air intake hole doubles as ink refill hole. I refilled them without having the bottom intake covered and there was no dripping. A couple of them (refilled) are sitting on my workbench without dripping for at least two hours. When they ran out of ink there was no warning of low ink of course. The paper turned out bad. DC wrote: >I bought a set of Canon ip4000 carts. They are all sponge inside. Seem to work >allright though. > >They don't drip at all and the air intake hole doubles as ink refill hole. I >refilled them without having the bottom intake covered and there was no dripping. >A couple of them (refilled) are sitting on my workbench without dripping for at >least two hours. > >When they ran out of ink there was no warning of low ink of course. The paper >turned out bad. > > WHAT A MESS In article <WTiZe.6513$6e1.1@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>, inkystinky@oem.com says... > > > DC wrote: > > >I bought a set of Canon ip4000 carts. They are all sponge inside. Seem to work > >allright though. > > > >They don't drip at all and the air intake hole doubles as ink refill hole. I > >refilled them without having the bottom intake covered and there was no dripping. > >A couple of them (refilled) are sittin...

New Printer/Canon iP4000
Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the docking station. Then another said their Canon turned off automaticall...

Printer Server for Canon ip4000
Hi, I have tried connecting a Canon ip4000 (not R version) to a Hawking HPS1U printer server. It does not work, and Canon refuse to recommend a printer server. Does anybody know a printer server that does work with the ip4000? thanks, ...

IP4000 without 3ebk cart?
I have stupidly allowed myself to run down the 3ebk and for once i don't have another cart, plus it is xmas so it'll be a few days before I get one. How do I ensure that I get black ink on prints without the 3ebk? Is there anything I will be unable to do without it? thanks for any hints -- Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged) ------------------------------------------------------- Stop and Look http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/ "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:458D9960.D6FBB0@blueyonder.co.uk... >I ha...

Anyone use a Canon S750 printer ??
This is a repeat appeal as I seem to be only person with a Canon S750 printer !!! Anyone out there with experience of the Canon S750 printhead ?? The 'official' replacement is Part No QY6-0041 but a local shop says that the BC-30e will fit at around half the cost. Does anyone know from experience ?? Any help much appreciated. No, The BC30e only fits the BJC6000 and S450 series. "Malcolm J Doe" <malcolm.doe@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:K_4xc.32038$wd7.21964@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > This is a repeat appeal as I seem to be only pe...

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

Anyone using Canon i-series printers?
I think I already know the answer, but thought I'd ask just in case I missed something simple.... Anyone successfully using any of the Canon i-series of printers with linux? More specifically, is anyone using a Canon i860 printer? It appears that Canon's typically aren't well supported for linux. But after few searches, it doesn't look like anyone has even tried any of the i-series printers. Are they perhaps known under a different name? BJC, LBP, etc? Thanks for any help. -Michael I'm using Red Hat 9.0 and I chose the BJC-7004 Photo. It works well with Open Offic...

What language does Canon Pixma printers use?
Many years ago, I wrote a program to print documents to my HP printer filling up the page; it adjusted the font size so the document would be inthe largest possible font. This involved calculations, and translating them into PCL language (the HP Printer Control Language) to print the document. I found my "Fullpage" program very useful over the years. Now I have bought a Canon printer and I'd like to be able to do the same thing with it. Can anyone tell me what print control language the Canon recognizes? On Nov 23, 8:56 am, Gary <gary...@hotmail.com>...

Can I use other bluetooth adapter for canon printer.
Hi, I just recieve canon aii in one. I bought it through online with macbook pro for $100 rebate. I know, It is my mistake didn't make sure my printer not built in bluetooth. I try to buy the bluetooth adapter and turns out it's about $75. I'm paying $25 for my printer and paying $75 for adapter is kind of crazy, I found some of other manufactur's bluetooth adapter and it's cheep. so, I wander if i use other adapter can I use wireless way, or only canon adapter will work? anyone tried it? Thank you. ...

How much ink is there in a Canon ip4000 ink cart?
How many ml of ink are there in the standard Canon IP4000 cart. Bought two different types and the difference in quantity is amazing. Thanks Mikey They are all the same, unless they are not full. BCI3Bk will hold about 21cc and color tanks about 12cc including the sponge. "Mikey" <Spammers@Suck.com> wrote in message news:_Hoaf.1285$fe6.76@newsfe2-win.ntli.net... > How many ml of ink are there in the standard Canon IP4000 cart. > > Bought two different types and the difference in quantity is amazing. > > Thanks > > Mikey > > > Mikey, I think we'd sure like to know the names of the two different types of cartridges you bought that had the large difference in quantity. And how did each of them compare in quality & color? The size of the cartridges must have been the same to fit in the print head, so was the difference in quantity because one of them was very underfilled? If not, how did the larger one contain such a larger quantity? It seems like a puzzlement. Would appreciate some further explanation, because I'd sure like to try those large quantity cartridges if they're also good in quality & color. Thanks for posting. Sorry, I can't answer your question about how many ml of ink in the standcard IP4000 cartridge, but I'll bet someone on this forum can. Bill Pease Mikey wrote: > How many ml of ink are there in the standard Canon IP4000...

Canon ip4000 compatable carts online UK
Hello I'm looking for Canon ip4000 compatable printer carts online in the UK Anyone suggest a web site whos carts they are happy with please I notice there are sites that say they offer carts with 30% more ink, So are they supplying carts with 18mil? Martin ���� -- \\ ^^^^^ // ( @ @ ) +----------oOOo-(_)-oO--Oo---------------------------+ | It's you-know-who | | And I'm not you-know-where | |Leave your message after the you-know-what!| +--------------...

Canon i850--Can I use BCI6 carts?
I've read the various chains about the compatibility or not of the inks, and the chains about using BCI3e carts in printers that come with BCI6. But, I'd like to know if I can use BCI6 carts in my i850, which normally requires BCI3e? (The 3e carts are becoming harder to find around here.) TIA Stranger -- Why is it the sensors seeking intelligent life are pointed away from earth? BCI3 and 6 color inks are identical. BCI3bk and BCI6bk are not interchangeable. <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:3odcauF5ce2iU1@individual.net... > I've read the...

Anyone using a Canon Pixma 5200R printer?
If so, what are your thoughts? Any downsides I should be aware of? I'm running 10.4 and have a WPA encrypted network. I'm looking to replace my Epson C80 and this seems like it might be a good'un. Specifically I need to know: does it play nicely with WPA? (A quick Google suggests it does but it pays to be safe). Thanks. Jim -- Find me at http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk AIM/iChatAV: JCAndrew2 Skype: greyarea Jim wrote: > If so, what are your thoughts? Any downsides I should be aware of? I'm > running 10.4 and have a WPA encrypted network. I'm looking to replace my ...

Canon IP4000 + Canoscan anyone using on W7?
Canon Ip4000 CanoScan 8800F Just wondered if the original Canon software for these two units will work with all original funtionality in Windows 7 environment - can anyone advise from actually doing it?! Thanks - Charlie+ "Charlie+" <charlie@xxx.net> wrote in message news:1gh6869b6g73onfiujcm3g7eovfpue8aj8@4ax.com... > Canon Ip4000 > CanoScan 8800F > Just wondered if the original Canon software for these two units will work > with all original funtionality in Windows 7 environment - can anyone > advise > from actually doing it?! > Tha...

i960 Canon printer...what other brands can I use for photos
Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon brand. I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. TIA >Just curious because Costco sells other photo paper here but not the canon >brand. >I think they sell the Kodak and Epson photo paper there. I use Epson papers with my i960 with great success. My favorite among the Epson varieties is ColorLife. I am partial to semi gloss or lustre papers. YMMV John On 27 Apr 2004 23:53:40 GMT, jmoorets@aol.com (JMooreTS) wrote: >>Just curious because Costco sells other ph...

Printer ink level not changing in software
Hey all, Got a Canon ip4000 photo printer last night, and am enjoying it a great deal. I printed around 150 pages of black-and-white text, and then went to check the ink levels to see how efficient on ink this bad boy was going to be. I went into the Printer Utility, clicked on the ip4000 and clicked on "Utility" to get into the "Ink Levels" portion of the printer driver. As far as I can tell, the level looks full (in the software). I am dumb, and did not check visually to verify, but assumed the black ink should have lost at least a little bit of level after 150 pages...

Web resources about - Canon ip4000 3eBK cart. When is it used? - comp.periphs.printers

Flickr: Martini DK
I'd like to thank the *Generous Comments* group for choosing me as "Photographer of the week" in week 44 2006. I've been taking photos for a ...

Canon Ink Finder
Message Dialog Close Display Update Message Product Comparison The maximum number of products that can be compared is 4. Please refine your selection. ...

Canon's PIXMA printers
Press releases always amuse us. The smug satisfaction thatthis product will finally be the one to fix all your woes, thisprinter will be the ...

Edible Ink - Printing Cake Frosting
At PrintCountry.com, our vast collection of edible inks - printing cake frosting ranges from Canon, to Epson, to HP. We offer a wide list of ...

Printer Support
Printer Support - Support Forum for printers, scanners and multi function devices

My MacBook fan was roaring. Why?
The MacBook sounded like a jet engine. Fan running full blast. I figured out what was wrong, but it took longer than it should have. I wonder ...

Canon Ink Cartridges cheap Canon printer cartridges Canon inkjet cartridges
Buy cheap Canon Ink Cartridges from Cartridge Save.Canon Free delivery on printer cartridges Canon inkjet cartridges

Site Map
Office Mojo

Conference Telephone - Polycom Conferance Phone - Konftel Conferance
We supply Business Telephone Systems, Office Phone Systems, Nortel Meridian Norstar Telephone system, BT Versatility Phone Systems, BCM50 IP ...