Canon IP4000 CD printing / update driver after OS reinstall

Hi, all. I have a Canon IP4000 that I modified the driver and registry
to allow CD-R printing. Recently, I had to reinstall my OS, bringing my
computer back to default factory settings. I am trying to reinstall the
driver for my printer but it isn't recognizing the port/printer and
won't reinstall.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

0
Will_in_SF

New Canon Printers with RISC OS drivers and CDR printing facility
Inkjet printers with parallel ports are getting rare! CJE Micro's now have available the new Canon Bubblejet printers i560 and i865 with RISC OS drivers. The i865 has built in the facility to print onto CDR's! Full specifications and pictures will be on our web site shortly. i560 is 170 GBP inc VAT & UK Delivery (Exceptions apply) i865 is 212 GBP inc VAT & UK Delivery (Exceptions apply) As you would expect from CJE Micro's, both are in stock! Chris Evans -- CJE Micros / NCS / 4D 'Acorn Centre of Technology' Tel: +44 01903 523222 ...

Canon IP4000 cd printing.
Hi, my father has bought a Pixma 4000 and has commented over an issue with the supplied software - which would appear to only allow the internal cd hole diameter to be reduced to +/- 10mm which seems to make the minimum hole 33mm. However he says the software screen states the maxmum outside diameter of the print can be 118mm and the inside no less than 17mm - which is fine if you can change the setting by this much.. As the FULL face printable discs he uses has an internal diameter of 23mm how does he alter the print software to this figure - as it seems to stick on -10mm from the...

Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for the CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this software to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way to the hub, using suitable full face printable discs? The Canon software I have seen demonstrated leaves a large diameter non-printed area in the middle. ...

Canon IP4000 & cd-r printing
I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp cloth ? "george" <ddaish@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1107007553.416235.184730@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has > experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images > smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp > cloth ? > I'...

Canon CD Print Software With Epson Printer?
I have two printers that print directly onto CD's, the Canon i865 and Epson R310. I'm having problems with the CD Print software that came with the Epson one, so i was wondering if it's possible to just use the Canon one? Or is each piece of software designed with only one printer in mind? Kris ...

USB Printer Driver Updated for OS/2
USB Printer Driver Updated - 2/23/05 @ 19:48 IBM had updated the USB Printer Driver for OS/2 (2/21/2005). Is currently available for donwload to Passport Advantage Members only. http://www.ibm.com/products/finder/us/en/... --http://www.os2world.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?category=32&id=1109184529 I would expect that eComStation users will soon have access to this! Cheers! Jeramie Samphere wrote: > > I would expect that eComStation users will soon have access to this! As usual they don't while we *real* OS/2 users have already downloaded and installed. So have Xnap/L...

Re: Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template details for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V. Groeneveld, are spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry all you folks in the States where CD / DVD printing is not an option) A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if the print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that expensive if you shop around. It does not require a new machine as per Epson; and ink, especially if bought in bulk, means minimal costs. Duplex printing works likea dream.A most r...

Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing template
I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template details for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V. Groeneveld, are spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry all you folks in the States where CD / DVD printing is not an option) A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if the print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that expensive if you shop around. It does not require a new machine as per Epson; and ink, especially if bought in bulk, means minimal costs. Duplex printing works likea dream.A most r...

Any of the latest Canon printers print to CD/DVD ?
Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? Thanks. "Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message news:o8hs21lfsdjtak3t4qcch2ompoo2ajcnmr@4ax.com... > > Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the > American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 03:18:02 -0800, Caitlin wrote (in article <422edb93$0$27872$61c65585@un-2park-reade...

why no cd printing capability for canon printers in the us?
even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon follow? On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:43:16 GMT, "leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote: >even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon >follow? > If you read back earlier today, someone claimed Canon had no intention of obtaining US rights for CD printing. As far as I can tell it is patent issues preventing Canon CD printers, not anything to do with the RIAA or MPAA. In article <7o9i30p458dfs8u6rb570vqnfgkl0jed6i@4ax.com>, classicsat@yahoo.cominval...

Canon Pixma IP4000: Howto do CD Printing ?
We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into the printer? The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be aligned, but where the heck is it?! Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6". Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'? Thanks for your kind help -- Steven Ung "St...

Canon IP4000
I've have this printer about a year, and been happily printing CDs all that time, then suddenly last week it stopped working. Every time I insert the tray, it just spits it out again. I'm getting this message: "The CD-R tray is not inserted or a printable disc is not placed on the CD-R Tray. Insert the CD-R tray with a printable disc in the Inner Cover and then press the RESUME button. Printing will then restart." Any ideas what the problem might be? TIA > Every time I insert the tray, it just spits it out again. > Any ideas what the probl...

Canon IP4000 not printing black on cd's?
Whenever I print black on a cd its comes out green. Printing black on paper works fine. Can anyone confirm this printer uses the large black ink cart when printing on paper and the small one when printing cd's? Thanks Andy PS. All carts are Canon's own. Canon and PCWorld dont want to know since it is now outside 12 month warranty. PCWorld's response was: ===================================================================== Thank you for your email. As the model is out of warranty, we would need proof that the fault was inherent at the time of purcha...

Canon IP4000 Printing CD-R , Hints Require
Hello All, I bought a Canon IP4000 inkjet printer couple of days ago. I must admit the overall printing quality is very impressive. However, I do have some problems of printing directly onto CD-R. The problems are 1) the colour on the CD-R is pale 2) the colour takes long time to dry; even over 20 hours after printing, I can still wipe the colour off with finger (this is using LIGHT in the SATURATION option) I wonder whether anyone has any experience on this, am I doing things correctly or am I missing something. Anyone wants to shed some light on this? Many thanks in advanc...

fyi: print on cd/dvd with Canon printers U.S.
In the United States the Canon printers are disabled from printing directly on cd/dvd's. I think this is due to Epson having a patent on it (i.e. direct printing on cd/dvd's) in the United States. Canon would be infringing on this patent.. Those of you interested in it, here is a series on enabling U.S. printers. http://pixma-faq.periastron.com/1.html http://pixma.damnmachine.com Much better site with updated info and forums. ...

Canon IP4000 Printing CD-R , Hints Require #2
Hello ALL, Problem resolved. Basically my fault. I mistakenly taken a WHITE CD instead of a PRINTABLE CD. Thanks for all the help. Andy Andy I have a Pixma 5000 and the Print qualitty on printable CDs is Awsome... Only wish I could use my favourite labelling Sofware "Surething with it!!!instead of the Crappy Oll Canon one!!! "Andy" <andrew_mak@emailias.com> wrote in message news:8e92572d.0412140053.7ce1ad47@posting.google.com... > Hello ALL, > > Problem resolved. Basically my fault. I mistakenly taken a WHITE CD > instead of a PRINTABLE CD. Th...

UPDATE: "Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer"
I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180: (reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying Canon products. Shnaggletooth shnaggletooth@yahoo.com wrote: >I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight >from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. >And yes, it came with a new p...

Canon Pixma iP4000 & 5000 CD/DVD printing -In Canada
Can anyone comment -for certain- if the new Cannon Pixma line (4000/5000) is able to print directly on CD/DVD's? There seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty about this. Originally it seemed as though only UK models did, but now I've heard rumors that the North America versions can as well.... Anyone own one of these, and can say for sure? TIA, Bertrand I have both the ip3000 and ip4000...neither can print to CD. Frustrating because you can see where the CD tray would fit into it :-( Jeff H <bertrandr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1098898862.559168.92...

Aftermarket Trays Available for Direct Printing on CD/DVD's with Canon Printers
The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at www.cd-trays.com nosuchaddress@email.com wrote: > The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at > www.cd-trays.com I just did a search of e-bay and there seems to be no shortage of tray type B, C, and D, the offical canon one with the handy dandy center hub. Between $20 and $30 shipped in most cases. http://pixma.allhyper.com/ contains all the info one needs for all models except the new ip4300 which has yet to hit stores. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for...

Any reason my Canon can't make a Printer with A3 and Cd/dvd printing ??
I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing ????? Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. Thanks. On Holidays wrote: >I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and >thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. > > It is under $400. >I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing >????? > >Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Thoug...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Web resources about - Canon IP4000 CD printing / update driver after OS reinstall - comp.periphs.printers

MacBook Air Software Reinstall USB Drive - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I forgot that I had one of these with me, the USB Flash Drive for MacBook Air Software Reinstall Drive.

Survive a Compromised Password, Reinstall Windows Efficiently, and Build Your Own iPod - YouTube
This week on the podcast we're discussing the Windows 8 Release Preview, iOS 5.1.1's great new jailbreak, compromised passwords, and a lot more. ...

iOS 9 will delete apps to make room for upgrade, reinstall them later
Apple's iOS 9 will ask users if they want to delete apps to make room for the upgrade if their devices are short of space, then automatically ...

Hacking Team's malware uses UEFI rootkit to survive OS reinstalls
Surveillance software maker Hacking Team has provided its government customers with the ability to infect the low-level firmware found in laptops ...

Lion can reinstall itself over the Internet from the recovery partition
A little birdie of ours has managed to snap a page from an internal AppleCare manual detailing OS X Lion’s brand new recovery system, invoked ...

PSA: Latest Version Of Solid Explorer Requires Full Reinstall From New Play Store Listing, Brings Google ...
Solid Explorer Beta was released a few months ago, and was instantly a fabulous file management app. It's clever use of swipable columns and ...

Remove and Reinstall iTunes and other software components from Windows XP - Apple Support
... software components from Windows XP. In some rare instances, you might need to remove iTunes and related software components before reinstalling ...

Ask Ars: Do I have to use the Mac App Store to reinstall Lion?
If you don't want to download Lion over your own pokey Internet connection, …

Format and Reinstall
architectural conjecture :: urban speculation :: landscape futures

Apple asks new phone users to reinstall iOS 8 after update glitches - Chicago Tribune
(Reuters) - Apple Inc broke its silence on complaints about bending iPhones, hours after withdrawing a glitch-ridden software update as the company ...