Canon IP4000 & cd-r printing

I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has
experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images
smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp
cloth ?

0
george

"george" <ddaish@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has
> experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images
> smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp
> cloth ?

I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it works
very well - the images look great. I haven't wet any of the DVDs though so
can't comment on this. I can't imagine that it would be any different to a
label printed on paper stock, as it's just a feature of the ink.

0
Caitlin
1/29/2005 2:11:00 PM
Did you buy your printer in the usa.If so where.
John.

--

                     * Magic Is Believing In Yourself*

                            *if you can do that*

                     * You Can Make Anything Happen *

0
John
1/29/2005 6:29:28 PM
http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_IP3000

That place is reported to be selling imported Canon printers. I'm not sure
what one has to do about the power supply.

"John H." <jhensleys@att.net> wrote in message
> Did you buy your printer in the usa.If so where.
> John.
>
> Caitlin wrote:
> > "george" <ddaish@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has
> >>experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images
> >>smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp
> >>cloth ?
> >>

> > I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it
works
> > very well - the images look great. I haven't wet any of the DVDs though
so
> > can't comment on this. I can't imagine that it would be any different to
> > label printed on paper stock, as it's just a feature of the ink.
> >

> --
>

>                      * Magic Is Believing In Yourself*
>
>                             *if you can do that*
>
>                      * You Can Make Anything Happen *

0
Dan
1/29/2005 8:44:53 PM

Dan G wrote:
> http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_IP3000
>
> That place is reported to be selling imported Canon printers. I'm not sure
> what one has to do about the power supply.

There now using a multi voltage sensor, 110-240V, in the power supply
within the printers (like MAC computers phone chargers  etc) the socket
for the power lead is usually a figure 8  shape with the appropriate
voltage plug attached. So the only difference is what power lead is
supplied.

> "John H." <jhensleys@att.net> wrote in message
>
>>Did you buy your printer in the usa.If so where.
>>John.
>>
>>Caitlin wrote:
>>
>>>"george" <ddaish@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it
>
> works
>
>>>very well - the images look great. I haven't wet any of the DVDs though
>
> so
>
>>>can't comment on this. I can't imagine that it would be any different to

>>>label printed on paper stock, as it's just a feature of the ink.
>>>

>>--
>>

>>                     * Magic Is Believing In Yourself*
>>
>>                            *if you can do that*
>>
>>                     * You Can Make Anything Happen *

0
Rob
1/29/2005 11:32:02 PM
"Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message news:cth65c$tt4$1@nnrp.waia.asn.au...

> Dan G wrote:
>> http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_IP3000
>>
>> That place is reported to be selling imported Canon printers. I'm not
>> sure
>> what one has to do about the power supply.
>>

> There now using a multi voltage sensor, 110-240V, in the power supply
> within the printers (like MAC computers phone chargers  etc) the socket
> for the power lead is usually a figure 8  shape with the appropriate
> voltage plug attached. So the only difference is what power lead is
> supplied.

There is nothing on the back of my IP4000 to indicate this, and there
certainly is no voltage converter 'brick' like many other bits of equipment
I have that can handle multi voltage (laptop computer etc).

What do you base this statement on?

0
Caitlin
1/30/2005 1:37:31 AM

Caitlin wrote:
> "Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message news:cth65c$tt4$1@nnrp.waia.asn.au...
>

>>Dan G wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_IP3000
>>>
>>>That place is reported to be selling imported Canon printers. I'm not
>>>sure
>>>what one has to do about the power supply.
>>>

>>There now using a multi voltage sensor, 110-240V, in the power supply
>>within the printers (like MAC computers phone chargers  etc) the socket
>>for the power lead is usually a figure 8  shape with the appropriate
>>voltage plug attached. So the only difference is what power lead is
>>supplied.
>>

> There is nothing on the back of my IP4000 to indicate this, and there
> certainly is no voltage converter 'brick' like many other bits of equipment
> I have that can handle multi voltage (laptop computer etc).
>
> What do you base this statement on?

The canon we have here and the epson
0
Rob
1/30/2005 2:32:59 AM
Caitlin, thanks for the reply - & sticking to the subject !

0
george
1/30/2005 12:48:59 PM
In article Rob says...
> >>There now using a multi voltage sensor, 110-240V, in the power supply
> >>within the printers (like MAC computers phone chargers  etc) the socket
> >>for the power lead is usually a figure 8  shape with the appropriate
> >>voltage plug attached. So the only difference is what power lead is
> >>supplied.
> >>

> > There is nothing on the back of my IP4000 to indicate this, and there
> > certainly is no voltage converter 'brick' like many other bits of equipment
> > I have that can handle multi voltage (laptop computer etc).
> >
> > What do you base this statement on?
> >

> The canon we have here and the epson

The i865 had the figure 8 cord to local mains plug but the selfcontained
powerbrick in the base of the printer wasn't universal voltage. The i865
had no markings apart from what was moulded onto the powerunit. If the
iP4000 has a similar unit it would pay to check in case.
0
colinco
1/31/2005 1:55:02 AM
I have been very pleased with this feature on my Canon IP5000 and have
produced very creditable results, including printing a list of tracks on the
CD and if you wish, inserting a picture of the artist .

The "Background Settings" - "Gradation" - "Color Sample", produces some
amazing results.

Regarding the smudging, I tried rubbing the print on a discarded CD with a
wet finger, and the print smudged slightly.

Bob
Remove "NO SPAM" to reply

"george" <ddaish@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has
> experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images
> smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp
> cloth ?

0
BOB
1/31/2005 9:48:44 PM
Caitlin wrote:
  > I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it works
> very well - the images look great. I haven't wet any of the DVDs though so
> can't comment on this. I can't imagine that it would be any different to a
> label printed on paper stock, as it's just a feature of the ink.

Is CD/DVD printing a feature of any of the IP4000 models sold in the US?

I can't find it mentioned at any vendor site or usa.canon.com

	Bob
0
Bob
2/4/2005 8:45:29 AM
"Bob O`Bob" <filterbob@yahoogroups.com> wrote in message
> Caitlin wrote:
>  > I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it
> works
>> very well - the images look great. I haven't wet any of the DVDs though
>> so can't comment on this. I can't imagine that it would be any different
>> to a label printed on paper stock, as it's just a feature of the ink.
>

> Is CD/DVD printing a feature of any of the IP4000 models sold in the US?
>
> I can't find it mentioned at any vendor site or usa.canon.com
>

> Bob

No - the feature is only available in Europe and Australasia (maybe Asia
also?)

0
Caitlin

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)
Posted on Ebay, item# 330331170291. Goto www.ebay.com & enter this item# 330331170291 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending. Do NOT reply on Newsgroups (I just posted here, but may not read) - instead contact via Ebay (best) or Email; if you insist on emailing and see "NOJUNK" strings in my address (or something to that effect) - REMOVE THEM before hitting send! (these are sometimes added to prevent SPAM, i.e. people who "harvest" addresses off Newsgroups). My Ebay feedback is 100% positive, not to mention 13 YEARS of Newsgroups trading without complains, and it's best to deal via Ebay though will respond to regular email also. Please read description there, but a few facts are copied here: 1) NEW (sealed) Canon cartridges for their portable printers: BJC50/55/70/80/85/30 & other CANON. GENUINE CANON (made in Japan, from CompUSA before it went out of business here). Not fakes which dry out before expiration or damage/ spill into printers - I tried one of generics some years ago, and the money I thought would save, were wasted as they were discovered to be dry (unusable) prior to expiration. I am not one of those people "attached" to specific brands, but learned a hard lesson with inkjet cartridges, unlike Laser toners which are OK even if generic. 2) Plus free BJC-series printers LiIon (lithium-Ion) battery, part# LB50 I don't...

Canon IP4000 cd printing.
Hi, my father has bought a Pixma 4000 and has commented over an issue with the supplied software - which would appear to only allow the internal cd hole diameter to be reduced to +/- 10mm which seems to make the minimum hole 33mm. However he says the software screen states the maxmum outside diameter of the print can be 118mm and the inside no less than 17mm - which is fine if you can change the setting by this much.. As the FULL face printable discs he uses has an internal diameter of 23mm how does he alter the print software to this figure - as it seems to stick on -10mm from the default of 43mm (i.e 33mm) making a white ring visible. From the software statement that the minimum must be 17mm it would seem the printer should be capable of it. For simplicity he would prefer to not have to make up templates as described elsewhere. Any guidance or driver hacks appreciated. TD On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:02:18 GMT, TechDude <techdude_ukNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote: > For simplicity he would prefer to not have to make up templates > as described elsewhere. > Any guidance or driver hacks appreciated. I'd surely think that creating a template is much easier than applying a driver hack....? Assuming you are using CD LabelPrint go to "select Paper" and create a new paper type (name it the media name like CMC or Maxdata etc) and edit the inner size to the setting you need. The setting you are changing (adjust circle...

Income Tax Fundamentals 2014 (with H&R Block at Home CD-ROM), 32nd Edition, includes H&R Block at Home CD-ROM, Gerald E. Whittenburg Martha Altus-Buller Steven Gill ISBN-13: 9781285424545
! ! ! TEST BANKS, SOLUTION MANUALS, INSTRUCTOR MANUALS, CASE SOLUTIONS, POW= ER POINT SLIDES ! ! ! Hello Everybody, To get the Solution manuals and Test banks just email me with your book det= ails. My e-mail address is: testbankandsm@xxxxxxxxx, testbankandsm(at)gmail(dot)c= om. Please replace (at) by @ and (dot) by .=20 If you need Test banks and Solution manuals, email to me.=20 http://testbankandsm.blogspot.in/ Reply time: Within 6 hours, If online, immediately!!!! Delivery time: Within 12- 24 hours. If online, immediately after payment ve= rification!!!!!!!!! Having...

Any of the latest Canon printers print to CD/DVD ?
Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? Thanks. "Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message news:o8hs21lfsdjtak3t4qcch2ompoo2ajcnmr@4ax.com... > > Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the > American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 03:18:02 -0800, Caitlin wrote (in article <422edb93$0$27872$61c65585@un-2park-reader-01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au>): > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD Some people who must have CD/DVD direct print capability and Canon brand are buying Euro/Austrailan/NZ models of Canon's printers and having them shipped here. Voltage differences are resolved by swapping out a relatively cheap power supply module (US$20 for the iP3000's module, and you don't have to open up the printer to replace it). The down side is that the iP3000, with shipping, costs upwards of $200, while the US (non-disc printing) model can be bought here for as little as $45. Good luck, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group And, imported "gray market"...

Canon Pixma IP4000: Howto do CD Printing ?
We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into the printer? The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be aligned, but where the heck is it?! Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6". Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'? Thanks for your kind help -- Steven Ung "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message news:3477qaF47mknpU1@individual.net... > We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but > for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into > the printer? > > The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be > aligned, but where the heck is it?! If you look at the printer with the output tray down you will see CANON printed above the tray. This can be flipped down and is where you insert the CD tray. > > Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo > Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6". > > Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'? > That sounds weird - though i...

Which Canon printers can print on CDs & CDRs?
Can any of the Canon printers print on CDs & CDRs, or do I have to go Epson? I'm not that fond of Epson. Penny Pentangle PennyP <PennyP@crossroad99.net> wrote: >Can any of the Canon printers print on CDs & CDRs, or do I have to go >Epson? I'm not that fond of Epson. Depends on what country you want to purchase the printer in. CDR print is covered by a patent that Canon has chosen not to license in the US for most (all?) of its printers. That said, some Canon printers (like the MP500) can be modified to enable this function, but it requires purchasi...

Canon IP4000
I've have this printer about a year, and been happily printing CDs all that time, then suddenly last week it stopped working. Every time I insert the tray, it just spits it out again. I'm getting this message: "The CD-R tray is not inserted or a printable disc is not placed on the CD-R Tray. Insert the CD-R tray with a printable disc in the Inner Cover and then press the RESUME button. Printing will then restart." Any ideas what the problem might be? TIA > Every time I insert the tray, it just spits it out again. > Any ideas what the problem might be? My first guess would be the reflectors. see if you have three silver squares, or if one of the 5.5mm squars might have become warn, in particular the one close to being flush to the tray surface. If so, I believe a dab of white-out would resolve the issue. Have you checked the silver reflective tabs on the CD tray thats use for the sensor Dav > quote="zakezuke > If so, I believe a dab of white-out would resolve the issue A piece of cooking foil glued will also help or a bit shine plastic/tin etc anything to reflect the infra-red bea Dav > A piece of cooking foil glued will also help or a bit shiney > plastic/tin etc anything to reflect the infra-red beam I have personaly tested white-out and some oil based white primer... forget the exact brand but silver is not required. ...

My Canon printer is always out of colored ink and I only print B&W
I have a Canon MP 780 and it is always asking for one of the color cartridges to be replaced. I am thinking of changing all of them to black. (last resort as I do use color rarely) The black seems to last longer than the color, but I have bought so many color ones that I really can't keep up. On Nov 18, 7:18 pm, metspitzer <kilow...@charter.net> wrote: > I have a Canon MP 780 and it is always asking for one of the color > cartridges to be replaced. I am thinking of changing all of them to > black. (last resort as I do use color rarely) > > The black ...

Any reason my Canon can't make a Printer with A3 and Cd/dvd printing ??
I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing ????? Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. Thanks. On Holidays wrote: >I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and >thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. > > It is under $400. >I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing >????? > >Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. > >Thanks. > > > On Holidays wrote: > I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and > thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. > > I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing > ????? > > Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. > > Thanks. They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and Commonwealth countries). -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote: >On Holidays wrote: > > >>I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and >>thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. >> >>I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with ...

CD+R vs CD-R
There seem to be some people that don't believe in CD+R. Well, like Darwin, CD+R seems to be a reality. I've run into a number of CD+R machines that are, shall we say, averse to the presence of CD-R media. They don't recognize it. On top of that, if I go to CompUSA I can find CD+R labeled disks in little stacks next to the CD-R media, and it's more expensive. I discovered this a little over a year ago when I popped a burnable CD-R into a brand new machine and the machine proceeded to tell me in no uncertain terms that there was no disk in the drive. I finally took the disk box back to CompUSA and complained. We went back to the machine on the floor and the sales associate pointed out the tiny little + on the CD burner and explained that I was trying to do the impossible by feeding it CD-R media and expecting anything to happen. I was looking at the CD-Recordable FAQ, which has a statement dated sometime in 2003 that CD+R doesn't exist. It seems time that the statement be removed and something more comprehensive about the differences between -R and +R media be put in it's place. Thanks for the interest..... Or maybe I'm just having a bad day and nothing wants to work and I felt like ranting.... oaksong@hotmail.com wrote: > There seem to be some people that don't believe in CD+R. Well, like > Darwin, CD+R seems to be a reality. I've run into a number of CD+R > machines that are, shall we say, averse to th...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for Epson, I don't know about Canon. Pipermedic In article pipermedic says... > I believe that Canon has the > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for > Epson, I don't know about Canon. > > > Canon carts don't have chips. If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills. Definitely Epson R300. But you said: "2. Economy. Although I can get th...

When using &quot;Print Report&quot; my default printer changes.
Hello, &nbsp; I have the need to print two different kinds of reports to two different printers depending on which report it is.&nbsp; I use the Office toolkit and wire the correct printer for the report using the "Print Report" tool.&nbsp; However, each time I do this, it changes the default printer in Windows to the printer wired.&nbsp; I don't want to change the default printer just send the report to the specified printer.&nbsp; Is there a work around? Hi The Q, a workaround could be to read first which&nbsp;the default printer is, then print your page with the printer you want and then reset the stored printer to default. The information which printer is the default printer can be read from the registry. &nbsp; Hope this helps. Mike ...

a&#29255;&#22312;&#32447;a&#32423;&#29255;&#25104;&#20154;B&#29255;R&#29255;&#28207;&#21488;3&#32423;&#29255;&#20813;&#36153;a&#29255;&#23567;&#30005;&#24433;&#22312;&#32447;&#35266;&#30475;
[url=http://sexdy.funsurf.org/dy00.html]&#19977;&#32423;&#29255;[/url] [url=http://sexdy.funsurf.org/dy01.html]&#25104;&#20154;&#30005;&#24433;[/url] [url=http://sexdy.funsurf.org/dy02.html]&#25104;&#20154;&#32593;&#31449;[/url] [url=http://sexdy.funsurf.org/dy03.html]&#40644;&#33394;&#30005;&#24433;[/url] [url=http://sexdy.funsurf.org/dy04.html]&#25104;&#20154;&#29255;[/url] [url=http://sexdy.funsurf.org/dy05.html]a&#29255;[/url] [url=http://sexdy.funsurf.org/dy06.html]&#24615;&#20132;&#30005;&#24433;[...

direct cd printing on ip4000?
Okay this works a treat on the actual printer with its own software. I kind of like using accoustica label maker for its ability to read contents of cds and stuff though so I thought I'd to a test print with that and although it has settings for printing on the 4000 direct to disc when I press print it does the "Can't print as front cover is open" thing, ignoring the cd tray. anyone know how to get it working or does this printing have to done with Canon's software? -- Paul (Dear Sir, I have a complaint) ------------------------------------------------------- Stop and Look http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/ Did you set manual, cd/dvd, and a4 size in the properties? "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:437D086E.9C5A6FA6@blueyonder.co.uk... > Okay this works a treat on the actual printer with its own software. I > kind of like using accoustica label maker for its ability to read > contents of cds and stuff though so I thought I'd to a test print with > that and although it has settings for printing on the 4000 direct to > disc when I press print it does the "Can't print as front cover is > open" thing, ignoring the cd tray. anyone know how to get it working > or does this printing have to done with Canon's software? > > -- > Paul (Dear Sir, I have a complaint) > ----------------------------------------------------...

New Printer/Canon iP4000
Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the docking station. Then another said their Canon turned off automatically. I found "Auto Power" under the Maintenance Tab. Both were disabled. I enabled both and set Power off to 15 minutes. OK? And it doesn't say but I'm assuming the Auto "Power On" turns the printer on automatically when you start a print job (like the HP) Thanks, Monica Monica wrote: >Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this >time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into >information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be >used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo >printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant >issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to >turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the &g...

Canon printers and panoramic prints
I am trying to find out definitively whether or not you can print on panoramic paper (up to 23 inches long) on any of the Canon photo printers. So far I've drawn a blank on this, even Canon UK wont reply to my question! I am particularly looking at the Pixma ip6000d or ip8500 printers of the i9xx range of printers. Now I know about the Epsons etc all doing this, it is just Canon I need to know about. Can anyone who actually has one of these beast please tell me if you can actually set the custom paper size to panoramic sizes and get it to work? Also if anyone has a Canon A3 printer could they also say if panoramic is possible? I dont really need an A3 printer but I may go that way to get panoramic. I also dont want another Epson, great quality IF they work properly, a real PITA when they dont which in my experience is frequently! Stuart In article Stuart Rogers says... > I am trying to find out definitively whether or not you can print on > panoramic paper (up to 23 inches long) on any of the Canon photo printers. > So far I've drawn a blank on this, even Canon UK wont reply to my question! > I am particularly looking at the Pixma ip6000d or ip8500 printers of the > i9xx range of printers. Now I know about the Epsons etc all doing this, it > is just Canon I need to know about. > > Can anyone who actually has one of these beast please tell me if you can > actually set the custom paper size...

CD-R/W versus CD-R's
From now on think I will use CD-R's only. I got about 50 new cd-r/w's but when I try to save images to them, they always halt with some kind of error after half way thru the image. The software GHOST2002 says dont format them in anyway just put the new unused CD's in and the software will do the mastering itself. Well that seems to be true with CD-R's but not CD-R/W's Kokomo Joe **************************************************** * Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO * * Army MARS State Coordinator for Hawaii ...

Which A3 cd print printer?
would you recommend? Need to have: - high quality photo print an all of paper, -cheap ink, - memory card slot(optional) and - price for aprox. 450 euro's. ...

Re: &&&&&&
Talbot, Its basic macro aper math. With each pass of the macro processor it reduces && to &. in yoru case: %put &&mlv&mlin. = &&&&&&mlv&mlin. ; 1st pass: &mlv5 = &&&mlv5 2nd Pass: Daisy = &Daisy 3rd Pass : Daisy = Yellow Toby Dunn From: Talbot Michael Katz <topkatz@MSN.COM> Reply-To: Talbot Michael Katz <topkatz@MSN.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: &&&&&& Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:38:44 -0400 Received: from malibu.cc.uga.edu ([128.192.1.103]) by MC8-F21.hotmail...

Canon S820 & S830 Printers
Anyone out there who has a Canon S820 or S830 like to try printouts of a small picture, (printer dump) to see whether Photoreal for a Canon S800 would work with them? Thanks -- Colin Ferris Cornwall UK ...

Canon S630 & Borderless Prints
Using a Canon S630 printer to print on paper (non-perforated) that exactly measures 6" x 4". The image to be printed is 4.5" x 6" (a necessary constraint imposed by Photoshop Elements 2.0). Resulting print displays borders of about .25" on 3 sides. How can I get a borderless print? Thanks, Brian <nospam@att.net> typed: > Using a Canon S630 printer to print on paper (non-perforated) that > exactly measures 6" x 4". The image to be printed is 4.5" x 6" (a > necessary constraint imposed by Photoshop Elements 2.0). Resulting > print displays borders of about .25" on 3 sides. How can I get a > borderless print? > > Thanks, > > Brian Maybe in Photoshop you have "shrink to fit" option checked. In this case image is a bit smaller in order to fit. Uncheck it and you should get it. OR resize (cut) photo to 4x6. ...

Canon I865: problem with CD printing
When i print the CD with the cd-r tray feeder the black not print If I print with the nomal paper the image is perfect. Any suggestion? Thank Angelo In article Angelsoft says... > When i print the CD with the cd-r tray feeder the black not print > > If I print with the nomal paper the image is perfect. > > Any suggestion? > > Thank > > Angelo > > > > > Do you mean no black whatsoever? The CD print may only use the dye based ink but that should still give blacks. "colinco" <colincomma@yawhoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:MPG.1c1a511e2153506498987b@news.xtra.co.nz... > In article Angelsoft says... >> When i print the CD with the cd-r tray feeder the black not print >> >> If I print with the nomal paper the image is perfect. >> >> Any suggestion? >> >> Thank >> >> Angelo >> >> >> >> >> > Do you mean no black whatsoever? The CD print may only use the dye based > ink but that should still give blacks I think the problem appear after i've refill the cartridge. But the print on paper seems good (i don't note any difference) Hovever today I try to buy three new color cartridge Thanks Angelo ...

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

Print Server for Canon Pixma iP4000?
Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson 830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000. Any help appreciated. Thanks "Harry" <harry@hmack.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:v3flu0559kqocmk7j4r01ksqlqs46t731q@4ax.com... > Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon > Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried > a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson > 830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000. > > Any help appreciated. > If you have just purchased the iP4000 why not exchange for the iP4000R which has a built in wired/wireless NIC. On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:15:37 +0000, Harry <harry@hmack.demon.co.uk> wrote: >Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon >Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried >a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson >830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000. > >Any help appreciated. > >Thanks Pricom 6200U only. -- Con Madrid, con las v�ctimas. 11-M: No olvidamos. Fernando el Cat�lico I would advice you to get a printserver that supp...

Web resources about - Canon IP4000 & cd-r printing - comp.periphs.printers

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing box in this matching game
... path in Linken, an elegant puzzler or Meteors are falling, dont get squished in Danger Dodgers . Mr Plumbum Help Mr Plumbum sort his printing ...

Make your own 'Ghostbusters' trap via 3D printing
When ghosts go bump in the night, will you have the right equipment to bust them? Make this replica ghost trap from the original "Ghostbusters" ...

Tokyo students develop architectural 3D-printing pen
A group of University of Tokyo students overseen by architect Kengo Kuma have developed a 3D-printing pen that can be used to create complex ...

MakerBot learns that 3D printing and copyright don't quite mix
Trying to stop unauthorized 3D printing is like plugging a hole in a dam with your finger once the template for an object leaks out, it's virtually ...

3D Printing Your Own Braces Works, Is a Terrible Idea
At the age of nine, I became the first kid in my elementary school class to get braces. They did their job, but by the time I left college, I’d ...

Join Us at the Greatest 3D Printing Festival on Planet Earth
Winter is hanging on like clinical depression, which means it’s that time again for the greatest 3D-printing festival on the planet Earth. It’s ...

3-D Printing: Gigi The Macaw Gets First-Ever Titanium Prosthetic Beak (PHOTOS)
Gigi the macaw is the first-ever recipient of the world's first 3-D-printed titanium beak.

Archinaut, A 3D Printing Robot To Make Big Structures In Space
Historically, the only way to get anything into orbit has been by rocket; a process that is massively expensive, cumbersome, and presents a slew ...

Architecture students develop a 3D-printing pen that “draws” incredible acrylic structures in mid-air ...
Read the rest of Architecture students develop a 3D-printing pen that “draws” incredible acrylic structures in mid-air