Canon IP4000 - My CD print tray has stopped working!

I've have this printer about a year, and been happily printing CDs all that
time, then suddenly last week it stopped working.

Every time I insert the tray, it just spits it out again.

I'm getting this message:

"The CD-R tray is not inserted or a printable disc is not placed on the CD-R
Tray.
Insert the CD-R tray with a printable disc in the Inner Cover and then press
the RESUME button.
Printing will then restart."

Any ideas what the problem might be?

TIA

0
Caitlin

> Every time I insert the tray, it just spits it out again.
> Any ideas what the problem might be?

My first guess would be the reflectors.  see if you have three silver
squares, or if one of the 5.5mm squars might have become warn, in
particular the one close to being flush to the tray surface.

If so, I believe a dab of white-out would resolve the issue.

0
zakezuke
2/16/2006 12:27:05 PM
Have you checked the silver  reflective tabs on the CD tray thats use
for the sensor

Dav

0
no
2/16/2006 12:32:41 PM
> quote="zakezuke
> If so, I believe a dab of white-out would resolve the issue

A piece of cooking foil glued will also help or a bit shine
plastic/tin etc anything to reflect the infra-red bea

 Dav

0
no
2/16/2006 2:32:20 PM
> A piece of cooking foil glued will also help or a bit shiney
> plastic/tin etc anything to reflect the infra-red beam

I have personaly tested white-out and some oil based white primer...
forget the exact brand but silver is not required.

0
zakezuke

Aftermarket Trays Available for Direct Printing on CD/DVD's with Canon Printers
The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at www.cd-trays.com nosuchaddress@email.com wrote: > The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at > www.cd-trays.com I just did a search of e-bay and there seems to be no shortage of tray type B, C, and D, the offical canon one with the handy dandy center hub. Between $20 and $30 shipped in most cases. http://pixma.allhyper.com/ contains all the info one needs for all models except the new ip4300 which has yet to hit stores. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for...

Canon IP4000 cd printing.
Hi, my father has bought a Pixma 4000 and has commented over an issue with the supplied software - which would appear to only allow the internal cd hole diameter to be reduced to +/- 10mm which seems to make the minimum hole 33mm. However he says the software screen states the maxmum outside diameter of the print can be 118mm and the inside no less than 17mm - which is fine if you can change the setting by this much.. As the FULL face printable discs he uses has an internal diameter of 23mm how does he alter the print software to this figure - as it seems to stick on -10mm from the...

Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for the CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this software to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way to the hub, using suitable full face printable discs? The Canon software I have seen demonstrated leaves a large diameter non-printed area in the middle. ...

Canon printer stops halfway through a print
Hello, All: I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but here goes. . . I'm printing a number of letter-sized color images using an old (but fantastic) Canon iP4000. I've done this for years but suddenly have a weird problem� Sometimes (not always) the printer will stop halfway through a sheet and I get an error message saying, there was an error! (There's a message.) I understand this may not be a printer problem but will appreciate any ideas or pointers that will help fix this problem. I often use Photoshop to crop, correct and edit my ...

Canon B tray Cd Printing Report
I bought one of those trays from a guy in Canada a few days ago, (from Ebay) and following the directions on a website resetting my eprom in the Canon IP3000, and installing the software again, it works great! Printed out a dvd-r white inkjet printable today and it looks great. Now I need to get some silver printables, which looks even better. I predict that the canon iP series printers will be as popular now amongst techoids, nerds, geeks and other assorted trash of the WWW as much as the Philips 624 Dvd player has been! -- b{-_-}d I'm listening! ---Mapana...

Does the Canon i860 include the cd-printing tray???
I'm confused... the review here http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/20031124/printer_heavyweights-01.html#canon_i860 Shows a picture which claims to be of the i860, with a cd-printing tray loaded on it. I've looked around and I see no mention of a cd-printing tray in all the stores selling the i860. Friends in Europe tell me the i865 is available there and that it DOES include a cd printing tray. But apparently, the i865 is not available for sale in the USA. So... I'm confused. Could someone please clear this up? Thanks Willy The i865 is not sold in the US ...

why no cd printing capability for canon printers in the us?
even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon follow? On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:43:16 GMT, "leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote: >even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon >follow? > If you read back earlier today, someone claimed Canon had no intention of obtaining US rights for CD printing. As far as I can tell it is patent issues preventing Canon CD printers, not anything to do with the RIAA or MPAA. In article <7o9i30p458dfs8u6rb570vqnfgkl0jed6i@4ax.com>, classicsat@yahoo.cominval...

QUESTION: Modify iP4000 for CD Tray Printing
Hey, all. Sorry, I know this has been asked and answered, but I can't find the thread. I have a new iP4000, and a B Tray for CD Printing. There was a link to a site which described how to get the 'non-supported' printers to take the CD tray, and the combination of buttons on the printer to press in order to enable the CD print functionality. I know I've seen it, but like a doofus I didn't mark it and now I can't find it. Alms for the poor? Thanks, BD. BD wrote: > Hey, all. > > Sorry, I know this has been asked and answered, bu...

Other cd/dvd Canon trays and print software
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&submitsearch=Search&satitle=canon+cd+tray&sacat=58058%26catref%3DC6&floc=1&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D3&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=2%26fsoo%3D2&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp= http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0023291_0010095.asp ...

Canon IP4000 & cd-r printing
I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp cloth ? "george" <ddaish@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1107007553.416235.184730@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has > experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images > smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp > cloth ? > I'...

Canon CD Print Software With Epson Printer?
I have two printers that print directly onto CD's, the Canon i865 and Epson R310. I'm having problems with the CD Print software that came with the Epson one, so i was wondering if it's possible to just use the Canon one? Or is each piece of software designed with only one printer in mind? Kris ...

Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing template
I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template details for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V. Groeneveld, are spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry all you folks in the States where CD / DVD printing is not an option) A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if the print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that expensive if you shop around. It does not require a new machine as per Epson; and ink, especially if bought in bulk, means minimal costs. Duplex printing works likea dream.A most r...

Canon Pixma IP4000: Howto do CD Printing ?
We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into the printer? The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be aligned, but where the heck is it?! Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6". Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'? Thanks for your kind help -- Steven Ung "St...

Re: Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template details for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V. Groeneveld, are spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry all you folks in the States where CD / DVD printing is not an option) A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if the print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that expensive if you shop around. It does not require a new machine as per Epson; and ink, especially if bought in bulk, means minimal costs. Duplex printing works likea dream.A most r...

Web resources about - Canon IP4000 - My CD print tray has stopped working! - comp.periphs.printers

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The working class (also lower class , labouring class , proletariat , or laboring class ) are those employed in lower tier, subordinate jobs. ...

Google reportedly working on a standalone VR headset that would not require a phone or PC
In addition to working on a Gear VR-like headset which would require a smartphone, Google is also reportedly working on a standalone virtual ...

The Essex Green working on first new LP in 10 years, playing Vermont's Waking Windows fest
by Bill Pearis Former Brooklynites and makers of '60s-inspired baroque psych pop, The Essex Green, have been, for the most part, in hibernation ...

The 'Elon Musk trade' really isn't working right now
SolarCity, the residential solar company billionaire Elon Musk cofounded, reported a loss on Tuesday night. The stock is now down 61% for 2016 ...

Jose Padilha In Negotiations To Direct ‘Entebbe’ For Working Title And StudioCanal – Berlin
EXCLUSIVE: Jose Padilha is in negotiations to direct Entebbe for Brit production powerhouse Working Title and Euro major StudioCanal . In what ...

Ian Connor Talks Working With Kanye West And The Kanye-Wiz Khalifa Beef
In a new interview, Ian Connor talks working with Kanye West and his role in the Wiz Khalifa beef.

Destiny developer is working on a neat new PC/PS4 side project
Bungie's Ryan Juckett's day job as a gameplay programmer on Destiny hasn't stopped him from working on his own independent game. Inversus is ...

Google Also Said to be Working on a Stand-Alone VR Headset
Earlier in the week, Financial Times reported that Google was working on a new virtual reality (VR) headset that would be comparable to Samsung’s ...

WSJ: Google is working on a standalone VR headset, too
... been circulating about Google's plans for a new VR headset in recent weeks. Now, the Wall Street Journal reports that Mountain View is working ...

Google Working on VR Headset for Use Without a Smartphone: Report
The latest device is in addition to recent reports of an updated smartphone-based VR headset being created to replace Google Cardboard.