Canon IP4000 Printing CD-R , Hints Require

Hello All,

I bought a Canon IP4000 inkjet printer couple of days ago. I must admit
the overall printing quality is very impressive. However, I do have
some problems of printing directly onto CD-R. The problems are

1) the colour on the CD-R is pale
2) the colour takes long time to dry; even over 20 hours after
printing, I can still wipe the colour off with finger (this is using
LIGHT in the SATURATION option)

I wonder whether anyone has any experience on this, am I doing things
correctly or am I missing something. Anyone wants to shed some light on
this?

Many thanks in advance

Andy.

0
andrew_mak

In article andrew_mak@emailias.com says...
> Hello All,
>
> I bought a Canon IP4000 inkjet printer couple of days ago. I must admit
> the overall printing quality is very impressive. However, I do have
> some problems of printing directly onto CD-R. The problems are
>
> 1) the colour on the CD-R is pale
> 2) the colour takes long time to dry; even over 20 hours after
> printing, I can still wipe the colour off with finger (this is using
> LIGHT in the SATURATION option)
>
> I wonder whether anyone has any experience on this, am I doing things
> correctly or am I missing something. Anyone wants to shed some light on
> this?
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Andy.

Getting the obvious out of the way 1st - are you using printable surface
CDs?
0
colinco
12/9/2004 10:35:53 AM
The CD I am using is Verbatim Printable White surface CD-R, so I assume
this is fine.

0
andrew_mak
12/9/2004 11:00:49 AM
On 9 Dec 2004 03:00:49 -0800, <andrew_mak@emailias.com> wrote:

> The CD I am using is Verbatim Printable White surface CD-R, so I assume
> this is fine.

The printer itself can't change anything about this. Try another brand
CD-R, I've used Nashua Inkjet Printable CD-R, it looks terrific and it's
dry within a minute. Also make sure you use proper Canon ink.
andrew_mak@emailias.com wrote:
> The CD I am using is Verbatim Printable White surface CD-R, so I
> assume this is fine.

There were reports about ink drying for 24 hours on early-made CDR's...but
nowadays you can get CDR's which ink is dry within a minutes. Try some TDK
or any different brand to get best one.

0
SleeperMan
12/9/2004 3:16:28 PM
I've read the drying issue is usually with the media, some of the media
coatings do not absorb as well as others.

Before blaming the printer, try another brand of printable to see if the
results are the same.

<andrew_mak@emailias.com> wrote in message
> The CD I am using is Verbatim Printable White surface CD-R, so I assume
> this is fine.

0
Te

Canon IP4000 Printing CD-R , Hints Require #2
Hello ALL, Problem resolved. Basically my fault. I mistakenly taken a WHITE CD instead of a PRINTABLE CD. Thanks for all the help. Andy Andy I have a Pixma 5000 and the Print qualitty on printable CDs is Awsome... Only wish I could use my favourite labelling Sofware "Surething with it!!!instead of the Crappy Oll Canon one!!! "Andy" <andrew_mak@emailias.com> wrote in message news:8e92572d.0412140053.7ce1ad47@posting.google.com... > Hello ALL, > > Problem resolved. Basically my fault. I mistakenly taken a WHITE CD > instead of a PRINTABLE CD. Thanks for all the help. > > Andy On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:30:36 +1300, fay10 <faye10@slingshot.co.nz> wrote: > Andy I have a Pixma 5000 and the Print qualitty on printable CDs is > Awsome... > Only wish I could use my favourite labelling Sofware "Surething with > it!!!instead of the Crappy Oll Canon one!!! > "Andy" <andrew_mak@emailias.com> wrote in message > news:8e92572d.0412140053.7ce1ad47@posting.google.com... >> Hello ALL, >> >> Problem resolved. Basically my fault. I mistakenly taken a WHITE CD >> instead of a PRINTABLE CD. Thanks for all the help. >> >> Andy > > I thought you had tried the 'magic numbers' from the previous week's thread in Surething and confirmed that they work...? ...

Canon IP4000 & cd-r printing
I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp cloth ? "george" <ddaish@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1107007553.416235.184730@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has > experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images > smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp > cloth ? > I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it works very well - the images look great. I haven't wet any of the DVDs though so can't comment on this. I can't imagine that it would be any different to a label printed on paper stock, as it's just a feature of the ink. Did you buy your printer in the usa.If so where. John. Caitlin wrote: > "george" <ddaish@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:1107007553.416235.184730@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > >>I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has >>experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images >>smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp >>cloth ? >> > > > I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it works > ve...

Canon IP4000 cd printing.
Hi, my father has bought a Pixma 4000 and has commented over an issue with the supplied software - which would appear to only allow the internal cd hole diameter to be reduced to +/- 10mm which seems to make the minimum hole 33mm. However he says the software screen states the maxmum outside diameter of the print can be 118mm and the inside no less than 17mm - which is fine if you can change the setting by this much.. As the FULL face printable discs he uses has an internal diameter of 23mm how does he alter the print software to this figure - as it seems to stick on -10mm from the default of 43mm (i.e 33mm) making a white ring visible. From the software statement that the minimum must be 17mm it would seem the printer should be capable of it. For simplicity he would prefer to not have to make up templates as described elsewhere. Any guidance or driver hacks appreciated. TD On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:02:18 GMT, TechDude <techdude_ukNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote: > For simplicity he would prefer to not have to make up templates > as described elsewhere. > Any guidance or driver hacks appreciated. I'd surely think that creating a template is much easier than applying a driver hack....? Assuming you are using CD LabelPrint go to "select Paper" and create a new paper type (name it the media name like CMC or Maxdata etc) and edit the inner size to the setting you need. The setting you are changing (adjust circle...

Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for the CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this software to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way to the hub, using suitable full face printable discs? The Canon software I have seen demonstrated leaves a large diameter non-printed area in the middle. Thank you, John B. -- Remove <nospam> from email address to reply On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:40:06 -0000, John B <jbb@hawkhurst.nospamfreeserve.co.uk> wrote: > I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for > the > CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels > using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this > software > to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated > cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? > > Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way > to the hub, using suitable full face printable discs? The Canon software > I have seen demonstrated leaves a large diameter non-printed area in the > middle. The IP4000 is an excellent printer, and it ...

why no cd printing capability for canon printers in the us?
even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon follow? On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:43:16 GMT, "leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote: >even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon >follow? > If you read back earlier today, someone claimed Canon had no intention of obtaining US rights for CD printing. As far as I can tell it is patent issues preventing Canon CD printers, not anything to do with the RIAA or MPAA. In article <7o9i30p458dfs8u6rb570vqnfgkl0jed6i@4ax.com>, classicsat@yahoo.cominval...

Any of the latest Canon printers print to CD/DVD ?
Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? Thanks. "Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message news:o8hs21lfsdjtak3t4qcch2ompoo2ajcnmr@4ax.com... > > Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the > American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 03:18:02 -0800, Caitlin wrote (in article <422edb93$0$27872$61c65585@un-2park-reader-01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au>): > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD Some people who must have CD/DVD direct print capability and Canon brand are buying Euro/Austrailan/NZ models of Canon's printers and having them shipped here. Voltage differences are resolved by swapping out a relatively cheap power supply module (US$20 for the iP3000's module, and you don't have to open up the printer to replace it). The down side is that the iP3000, with shipping, costs upwards of $200, while the US (non-disc printing) model can be bought here for as little as $45. Good luck, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group And, imported "gray market"...

Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing template
I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template details for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V. Groeneveld, are spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry all you folks in the States where CD / DVD printing is not an option) A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if the print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that expensive if you shop around. It does not require a new machine as per Epson; and ink, especially if bought in bulk, means minimal costs. Duplex printing works likea dream.A most recommenended machine. Happy New Year, John B. -- Remove <nospam> from email address to reply "S.V. Groeneveld" <mail@no.spam> wrote in message news:opsjhrm1bre5nxey@s960912.campus.tue.nl... > On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:40:06 -0000, John B > <jbb@hawkhurst.nospamfreeserve.co.uk> wrote: > > > I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for > > the > > CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels > > using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this > > software > > to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated > > cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? > > > > Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way > > to the hub, us...

Canon CD Print Software With Epson Printer?
I have two printers that print directly onto CD's, the Canon i865 and Epson R310. I'm having problems with the CD Print software that came with the Epson one, so i was wondering if it's possible to just use the Canon one? Or is each piece of software designed with only one printer in mind? Kris ...

Canon Pixma IP4000: Howto do CD Printing ?
We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into the printer? The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be aligned, but where the heck is it?! Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6". Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'? Thanks for your kind help -- Steven Ung "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message news:3477qaF47mknpU1@individual.net... > We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but > for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into > the printer? > > The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be > aligned, but where the heck is it?! If you look at the printer with the output tray down you will see CANON printed above the tray. This can be flipped down and is where you insert the CD tray. > > Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo > Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6". > > Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'? > That sounds weird - though i...

Re: Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
[...]

Canon IP4000
I've have this printer about a year, and been happily printing CDs all that time, then suddenly last week it stopped working. Every time I insert the tray, it just spits it out again. I'm getting this message: "The CD-R tray is not inserted or a printable disc is not placed on the CD-R Tray. Insert the CD-R tray with a printable disc in the Inner Cover and then press the RESUME button. Printing will then restart." Any ideas what the problem might be? TIA > Every time I insert the tray, it just spits it out again. > Any ideas what the probl...

Canon IP4000 not printing black on cd's?
Whenever I print black on a cd its comes out green. Printing black on paper works fine. Can anyone confirm this printer uses the large black ink cart when printing on paper and the small one when printing cd's? Thanks Andy PS. All carts are Canon's own. Canon and PCWorld dont want to know since it is now outside 12 month warranty. PCWorld's response was: ===================================================================== Thank you for your email. As the model is out of warranty, we would need proof that the fault was inherent at the time of purcha...

Canon IP4000 CD printing / update driver after OS reinstall
Hi, all. I have a Canon IP4000 that I modified the driver and registry to allow CD-R printing. Recently, I had to reinstall my OS, bringing my computer back to default factory settings. I am trying to reinstall the driver for my printer but it isn't recognizing the port/printer and won't reinstall. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks. ...

fyi: print on cd/dvd with Canon printers U.S.
In the United States the Canon printers are disabled from printing directly on cd/dvd's. I think this is due to Epson having a patent on it (i.e. direct printing on cd/dvd's) in the United States. Canon would be infringing on this patent.. Those of you interested in it, here is a series on enabling U.S. printers. http://pixma-faq.periastron.com/1.html http://pixma.damnmachine.com Much better site with updated info and forums. ...

Canon Pixma iP4000 & 5000 CD/DVD printing -In Canada
Can anyone comment -for certain- if the new Cannon Pixma line (4000/5000) is able to print directly on CD/DVD's? There seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty about this. Originally it seemed as though only UK models did, but now I've heard rumors that the North America versions can as well.... Anyone own one of these, and can say for sure? TIA, Bertrand I have both the ip3000 and ip4000...neither can print to CD. Frustrating because you can see where the CD tray would fit into it :-( Jeff H <bertrandr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1098898862.559168.92...

Any reason my Canon can't make a Printer with A3 and Cd/dvd printing ??
I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing ????? Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. Thanks. On Holidays wrote: >I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and >thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. > > It is under $400. >I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing >????? > >Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. > >Thanks. > > > On Holidays wrote: > I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and > thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. > > I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing > ????? > > Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. > > Thanks. They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and Commonwealth countries). -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote: >On Holidays wrote: > > >>I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and >>thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. >> >>I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with ...

Aftermarket Trays Available for Direct Printing on CD/DVD's with Canon Printers
The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at www.cd-trays.com nosuchaddress@email.com wrote: > The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at > www.cd-trays.com I just did a search of e-bay and there seems to be no shortage of tray type B, C, and D, the offical canon one with the handy dandy center hub. Between $20 and $30 shipped in most cases. http://pixma.allhyper.com/ contains all the info one needs for all models except the new ip4300 which has yet to hit stores. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for...

Printer for printable cd-r/dvd-r?
I'm looking for printers that can print on the surface of printable cd-r and dvd-r. So far I've found the following Canon modells: i950D i965 i865 What other alternatives are there? Does anyone have any of the above, and if so, can you recommend buying it? Epson has several models. The Photo 900,960, R300 and the 2100. "Bickle" <nomail@no.mail> wrote in message news:ZEfDb.42180$dP1.164103@newsc.telia.net... > I'm looking for printers that can print on the surface of printable cd-r and > dvd-r. So far I've found the following Canon...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

What Canon Printer to Print A3 and Print to DVDS/CDS ???
And of course print great pitcures :) I don't want much, but getting all these three things seems to be hard. Atleast from Canon. Thanks for any help !!! ...

CD+R vs CD-R
There seem to be some people that don't believe in CD+R. Well, like Darwin, CD+R seems to be a reality. I've run into a number of CD+R machines that are, shall we say, averse to the presence of CD-R media. They don't recognize it. On top of that, if I go to CompUSA I can find CD+R labeled disks in little stacks next to the CD-R media, and it's more expensive. I discovered this a little over a year ago when I popped a burnable CD-R into a brand new machine and the machine proceeded to tell me in no uncertain terms that there was no disk in the drive. I finally took th...

CD-R vs CD+R???
I encountered this in the buymusic.com FAQ: "Blank CDs, also called media. Note: Your CD media must be compatible with your CD burner. If you are burning on a "plus" burner you must use "plus" media. Examples: You can burn your music files onto X Brand CD+R disks using your Y Brand CD+ Burner. Or you can burn your music onto W Brand CD-R disks using your Z Brand CD- Burner." My first reaction was that this is simply clueless. Nothing in the c.p.c FAQ about it, anyway, but is it something new? Or did someone just translate "DVD" into "C...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for Epson, I don't know about Canon. Pipermedic In article pipermedic says... > I believe that Canon has the > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for > Epson, I don't know about Canon. > > > Canon carts don't have chips. If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills. Definitely Epson R300. But you said: "2. Economy. Although I can get th...

Web resources about - Canon IP4000 Printing CD-R , Hints Require - comp.periphs.printers

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
[ SMH - Text-only index ] Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only Date: February 13 2016 London: Britain's ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Why is the UK still printing its laws on vellum?
After a U-turn, the UK government is to continue printing and storing its laws on vellum. Shouldn't it go digital?

Stratasys Partners with Adobe to Broaden Adoption of 3D Printing with New Color Experience and Simplified ...
Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq:SSYS), the 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions company, today announced that it has taken color 3D printing ...

Kids can easily make their own toys with 3D printing
This year's must-have toy: a machine to make your own toy. Mattel's ThingMaker is a kid-safe 3D printer, and the 3Doodler Start Pen won't burn ...

Printing Human Tissue? Why Not?
Six years ago in Washington, DC, a State Department security SUV made an illegal left turn and struck me as I crossed the street. My tibial plateau ...

Study shows some 3D printing fumes can be harmful
If you do a lot of 3D printing and are worried about the fumes, you may want to read a new study from US and French researchers. It measured ...

3D Printing Used To Create 4D Flowers That Change Shape Over Time
With Valentine’s Day just two weeks away, science really is upping the stakes in exactly which flowers to buy your loved one on this Hallmark ...