Canon iP4000 waste ink cartridge

Found this in the manual.

When the waste ink cartridge is full you will need to send the printer to an
engineer.
WHAT!

I have known cartridges for waste toner in laser printers, but not in inkjet
printers.
Surely the end-user can do this themselves without paying through the nose
for an engineer to do it.
As far as I can see, the waste ink goes out at the left of the platten, and
goes to a large soakaway sponge underneath... I cannot see any tank as such.
Being a new printer, I am not going to open the guts of the printer to find
this tank. However I would like to know if anyone else has come across this
waste tank, and if so, how often is it likely to require maintenance?

0
ngreplies

"ngreplies" <ngreplies@tdrd.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>Found this in the manual.
>
>When the waste ink cartridge is full you will need to send the printer to an
>engineer.
>WHAT!
>
>I have known cartridges for waste toner in laser printers, but not in inkjet
>printers.
>Surely the end-user can do this themselves without paying through the nose
>for an engineer to do it.
>As far as I can see, the waste ink goes out at the left of the platten, and
>goes to a large soakaway sponge underneath... I cannot see any tank as such.
>Being a new printer, I am not going to open the guts of the printer to find
>this tank. However I would like to know if anyone else has come across this
>waste tank, and if so, how often is it likely to require maintenance?

Except for some very new printers (HP and maybe others) all inkjet printers
have to store waste ink somewhere. Some use a sort of tank and some use a
sponge or diaper. Your printer will tell you when the job needs doing (this
varies enormously from printer to printer and how much work you do) and if you
can get a copy of the service manual it should give the instructions on how to
replace the sponge and reset the message (reset codes are also available on the
net). There are alternatives like diverting the waste ink to an external
bottle, you will need to be aware of warranty implications if you do this of
course. BTW you *should* be able to reset the message once before you change
the sponge but again this varies from printer to printer so be careful to avoid
an overflow, unpleasant to say the least.
Tony

0
Tony

Printer Ink

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Question about the waste ink tank in Canon IP5000 (and other Canon printers)
I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the printer, and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are replaced. So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridges with new ones before an error message appears saying the tank is full? Anyone taken a printer to Canon to have the tank emptied? How much did they charge? The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time intervals and when requested by the user. The deep...

Canon ip4000 compatible ink cartridges
Any recommendations of brands (inkrite, jettec ?) or places to buy TIA COSTCO - OFFICE DEPOT - STAPLES ALL SELL CANON OEM INK. YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH WHORES., Andy wrote: >Any recommendations of brands (inkrite, jettec ?) or places to buy >TIA > > > > > Andy wrote: > Any recommendations of brands (inkrite, jettec ?) or places to buy > TIA > > > I personally use MIS canon compatible inks in my i9900. Get them from www.inksupply.com. Perfect colors and never a clog. Frank Andy wrote: > Any recommendations of brands (inkrite, jettec ?) or places to buy > TIA Three useful links http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1003&message=10377832 http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1003&message=12198835 Stratitec InkTec OCP Formulabs/Sensient Canon OEM --- MIS (inksupply.com) Media Street Image Specalists --- These three look identical http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inktest.html I've used MIS which is believed to be Image Specalists. I'm very pleased. Been using their product since Julyish. From my understanding "Image Specalists" will only ship overseas in either a 20 foot container or a 40foot one, not useful unless you have an application for 12 to 19 megagrams of ink, but there is at least a chance in hell this stuff is out there somewhere. Frank wrote: > Andy wrote: > >> A...

Canon iP4000 Waste ink resetter.
I know it's early, but I have read that the waste ink sponge is estimated full by a printout estimator, and know from experience that it takes a lot of printing before this becomes saturated. I have read that there is a way of resetting this counter yourself instead of having to send it back to an engineer who will charge megabucks for doing it. Does anyone have a link to how this counter/indicator can be reset? Thanks Terry Here we go, You can download the FULL service manuals here. It has all you need, and tons more http://www.eserviceinfo.com/browse.php Mikey This is a more accurate link. I was a page out. Sorry. http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_type/Printers_22.html Mikey Thanks for the link, I an off to explore. Terry "Mikey" <Spammers@Suck.com> wrote in message news:ONDWe.9687$zw1.686@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net... > This is a more accurate link. > > I was a page out. > > Sorry. > > http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_type/Printers_22.html > > > > Mikey > > Just one problem... I cannot open RAR compressed files in Windows XP "Mikey" <Spammers@Suck.com> wrote in message news:ONDWe.9687$zw1.686@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net... > This is a more accurate link. > > I was a page out. > > Sorry. > > http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_type/Printers_22.html > > > > Mikey >...

Ink for refilling Canon printer cartridges
About 3-4 years ago I found out you can refill printer cartridges and found a Canadian company that sold refill kits & ink. I bought a pint bottle and am just now running out, but it's been so long I have lost their contact info. The labels and instruction sheets don't have their name or number. Since I've had such good luck with their ink, I'd like to buy from them again before trying out another company. Anybody recognize this company? I remain respectful and a little bit hongry, X Guv Bob http://www.geocities.com/guvbob2003 Represented in all slander...

HP Printers returning waste ink to cartridge
I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers? Thanks Mike On Fri, 05 May 2006 21:56:20 GMT, MikeM <mmo45018@bigpond.net.au> wrote: >I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the >cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers? > >Thanks >Mike I believe some of the newer smaller cartridges, such as the 21/22 supposedly do this as well. However, since the older, bigger carts haven't been phased out, it's not much of a cost saver si...

Canon printer waste ink service warning
Just thought Id post some information on this... All inkjet printers have to clean the jets to keep the printer working - they clean the jets by sending ink (wasted) through the jets. 1. The first warning came up at wasteink 95 percent full. The warning can be bypassed at this stage (resume button), But there comes a time presumably at hitting 100 percent when the printer wont print at all any more without action. The counter takes into account the pages and the cleaning cycles of various types undertaken. 2. This printer (IP4000) had done 10,300 print pages. Home use not commercial,...

Most Popular Canon Toner, Canon Ink Cartridges, Canon Ribbons
The Buy Toner Online sells Canon Brands Toners, Ink cartridges and Ribbons. The Buy Toner Online is an ISO 9001&140001 certified online shopping site, which provides 100 percent unconditional guarantee to the products it sells. The Buy Online Toner displays top selling products separately to enable the customer to choose their product easily without confusion. Buy Toner online sales by major Canon products are below: BJ Printers Canon BJ 5 Canon BJ 10 Canon BJ 100 Canon BJ 20 Canon BJ 200 Canon BJ 230 BJC printers Canon BJC 1000 Canon BJC 1010 Canon BJ...

Printer ink level not changing in software
Hey all, Got a Canon ip4000 photo printer last night, and am enjoying it a great deal. I printed around 150 pages of black-and-white text, and then went to check the ink levels to see how efficient on ink this bad boy was going to be. I went into the Printer Utility, clicked on the ip4000 and clicked on "Utility" to get into the "Ink Levels" portion of the printer driver. As far as I can tell, the level looks full (in the software). I am dumb, and did not check visually to verify, but assumed the black ink should have lost at least a little bit of level after 150 pages...

Online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge
Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer paper and other printer supplies. Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, apple toner, dell toner, samsung toner, toshiba toner, ricoh toner, etc. Welcome to Abcink.com In addition to the fact that you are spamming, the prices I saw on the web site are nothing to write home about. I also noticed that the refill kits you offer at inflated prices are universal inks instead of specific inks for a particular printer. Would I ever purchase from this spamming operation? Answer: Not a chance. Also note that the IP address from which this spam originated is in China, but the email address is obviously phony since it is for a well know supplier of media supplies. -- Ron "kathy tian" <kathy@comptree.net> wrote in message news:1131604315.391900.54280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink > Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer > paper and other printer supplies. > > Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, > lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. > canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, ...

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected...

Canon Pixma printers: ink cartridges, print-head cleaners
I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon cartridges vs. generic it seems to me that the latter would be more cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads. And what about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised. Do they work? If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail. Or so I have been figuring. I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had experience with thes...

my Canon printer won't let me select the black ink cartridge
I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with a problem I'm having with my Canon Pixma 250 printer. The colour cartridge has nearly run out, but the black and white cartridge still has plenty of ink in it. As I only want to print out some letters, I've tried selecting 'use black ink cartridge only' (or whatever the wording is). But then when I try to print, I get a message that looks something like this: "This document will print using the following cartridge: COLOR Your over-ride command has been disabled" This isn't the exact wor...

How much ink is there in a Canon ip4000 ink cart?
How many ml of ink are there in the standard Canon IP4000 cart. Bought two different types and the difference in quantity is amazing. Thanks Mikey They are all the same, unless they are not full. BCI3Bk will hold about 21cc and color tanks about 12cc including the sponge. "Mikey" <Spammers@Suck.com> wrote in message news:_Hoaf.1285$fe6.76@newsfe2-win.ntli.net... > How many ml of ink are there in the standard Canon IP4000 cart. > > Bought two different types and the difference in quantity is amazing. > > Thanks > > Mikey > > > Mikey, I think we'd sure like to know the names of the two different types of cartridges you bought that had the large difference in quantity. And how did each of them compare in quality & color? The size of the cartridges must have been the same to fit in the print head, so was the difference in quantity because one of them was very underfilled? If not, how did the larger one contain such a larger quantity? It seems like a puzzlement. Would appreciate some further explanation, because I'd sure like to try those large quantity cartridges if they're also good in quality & color. Thanks for posting. Sorry, I can't answer your question about how many ml of ink in the standcard IP4000 cartridge, but I'll bet someone on this forum can. Bill Pease Mikey wrote: > How many ml of ink are there in the standard Canon IP4000...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. Billy Smitty wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 > & HP95. I'm using generic brand...

Canon 4 ink Vs 6 ink printers
Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. Not really sure the card slots and screen are worth the extra money over the iP5200 but do these *and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the iP5200? In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around �170. Jack Torrence wrote: >Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other >manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? > > YES. WHEN USING OEM INK CANON HAS MORE LIFE AND SNAP TO THE PHOTOS THAN THE COMPETING BRANDS. THE OEM INK ALSO COSTS LESS >Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. > I WOULD SAY THAT THE IP5200 IS A BETTER BET IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE A COMPUTER TO EDIT YOUR PHOTOS WITH DECENT SOFTWARE. >Not really sure the card >slots and screen are worth the extra money > THEY ARE A WASTE JUST LIKE THE IP6000 THAT WAS INFERIOR >over the iP5200 but do these >*and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the >iP5200? > > ABSOLUTLEY NOT >In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around >�170. > > PUT YOUR MONEY IN OEM INK > > > measekite wrote: > > Jack Torrence wrote: > > >Is there much diffe...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. On Apr 16, 4:00=A0pm, billy smith <billy.sm...@Yenc.com> wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which > uses HP94 &g...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

Where to Buy Ink Jet Cartridges for Canon MP980 & Canon MP610?
Hi, today I tried to buy individual gray inkjet cartridge fore MH980 & small black ink Jet cartridge for the MP980 & MP610. Where is the least expensive vendor to buy these cartridges? Is it possible to just buy individual cartridges for these printers? Thanks, Sam, On Dec 19, 12:04=A0pm, "Sam" <sasdfa...@lkuy.com> wrote: > Hi, today I tried to buy individual gray inkjet cartridge fore MH980 & sm= all > black ink Jet cartridge for the MP980 & MP610. > Where is the least expensive vendor to buy these cartridges? =A0Is it > possibl...

Canon Inks iP4000
I am looking for a new printer and am torn between the iP3000 and iP4000 I notice that the iP4000 has two black inks, why is this. They are BCI-3eBk and BCI-6Bk What are the differences between these inks and why two blacks??? Does the mono print use one and the colour print use the other or something. What are the significant differences between the two models apart from the additional tank? Thanks. > I notice that the iP4000 has two black inks, why is this. > They are BCI-3eBk and BCI-6Bk Pigment black and dye black. The dye black is used for photo paper a ...

Printer ink cartridges
Hi there, I was looking around the NSW Uni Computer Fair the other day for a couple of new printer cartridges for my HP 3325 printer. The best price I could find for the replacements (1 black + 1 tri-colour) was $85. Wow! I only paid $70 for this printer in the first place. So I shopped around a bit more and found a newer model HP printer, with the same cartridges included for only $55! What tha... I can save $30 by buying the complete printer (including cartridges), compared to buying the cartridges on their own! So my question is this... Are the HP cartridges that come with a new...

What NON-OEM ink gives closest results to origanal Canon IP4000 inks (UK PLEASE)
I Have used 3rd party inks for years now with very little problem. The results and the cost savings have saved me many time the cost of a new printer, so I am really not concerned with any damage the ink may do. What I would like to know is. What NON-OEM Canon ink for the IP4000 (UK) gives the closest matching results. I WILL be using top quality (Canon / Epson or Ilford paper) I have saved 100s of pounds using NON-OEM ink, and NO argument will make me change my mind. Perhaps I have just been lucky. Thanks To All Who Help. Mike Try Cartridge World www.cartrid...

Web resources about - Canon iP4000 waste ink cartridge - comp.periphs.printers

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Razor Cartridge
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

“Empty” Epson ink cartridges are still 20 percent full
The high-end Epson 9900 printer, which retails for around £3,000 ($5,000), reports that ink cartridges are empty even when they are still about ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...