Canon MP 760 or Canon MP780

Hi,
Have been trying to decide to buy a Canon MP760 or the MP 780
The 780 has the fax but no slide/negative holder in the scanner lid.
Is one better than the other, are they used for different purposes eg home
760 office 780?
If the MP 780 is the better machine would I be able to purchase an item so
that I can scan negatives/slides?

With thanks
Aussie John

0
John

>  If the MP 780 is the better machine would I be able to purchase an item
>  so that I can scan negatives/slides?

They are for the most part part per part the same machine with minor
differences even other than the obvious 35mm scanning and doc feeder.

mP750 - like the mp780 without fax modem onboard.

mP780... you get the fax modem.  Fax support sucks in this series but
it sucks less for the mp780.  I've been recently informed that you can
at least fax from the PC on the mp780, something I was unsure about
before.

mP760 you get the front card slots, color tilt screen, more photo
oriented features.   You dont' get an xD card slot.  Fax support?
NONE... as in you would need a 3rd party application to fax directly
from the scanbed, or scan to pdf then print to the fax device... i.e.
your machine's fax modem.

Nothing can beat a dedicated slide scanner, but the mp760 does an OK
job.  You tend to notice sides enlarged to 8x10 being a tad lowish in
resolution, a tad blocky.  4x6 on the other hand look pretty good.

0
zakezuke

Canon S300 printer and GPL driver from canon.jp
hi everyone Like many other users, I'm experiencing problems with my Canon S300 printer. Today I've found a page at linuxprinting.org that state that Canon has released GPLed drivers for S300 in Japan ( http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-S300 ). It's actually true: http://cweb.canon.jp/drv-upd/bj/bjlinux210.html Since I cannot understand japanese and babelfish isn't helping so much I tried to install them without much luck. I downloaded and installed (I'm running Mandrake 10 rc1) bjfilterbjs300-2.1-0.i386.rpm, bjfiltercups-2.2-0.i386.rpm, bjfilte...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

Question about the waste ink tank in Canon IP5000 (and other Canon printers)
I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the printer, and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are replaced. So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridges with new ones before an error message appears saying the tank is full? Anyone taken a printer to Canon to have the tank emptied? How much did they charge? The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time intervals and when requested by the user. The deep...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Most Popular Canon Toner, Canon Ink Cartridges, Canon Ribbons
The Buy Toner Online sells Canon Brands Toners, Ink cartridges and Ribbons. The Buy Toner Online is an ISO 9001&140001 certified online shopping site, which provides 100 percent unconditional guarantee to the products it sells. The Buy Online Toner displays top selling products separately to enable the customer to choose their product easily without confusion. Buy Toner online sales by major Canon products are below: BJ Printers Canon BJ 5 Canon BJ 10 Canon BJ 100 Canon BJ 20 Canon BJ 200 Canon BJ 230 BJC printers Canon BJC 1000 Canon BJC 1010 Canon BJ...

FYI
Yesterday I was in need of drivers for my Canon ImageCLASS D780 laser printer/scanner/copier/fax device. Logically I went to the Canon USA support web site. Illogically Canon reports "No drivers are available for this model." On a hunch I surfed on over to the Canon Canada support web site. Voila! There I found the drivers I needed. So if any of you find yourselves in the same boat and can't find the drivers you need, take a look here http://www.canon.ca/english/index-customersupport.asp Dejola <johnandjanet@gmail.com> observed >Yesterday I was in need of dr...

Repair or replace Canon MP 180 printer?
I have had a Canon MP 180 printer for some years and it gave me good service, it printed, it photo copied, it scanned. But now it won't photo copy, the printing is fuzzy even if I replace the printer cartridge, and when printing in some lines the tops of the letters are split from the bottoms of the letters, which suggests a fault in the gearing. So, what repairs are possible? Or should I replace it and if so what with? Michael Bell -- --- This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active. http://www.avast.com In artic...

printer-scanner canon MPC-190 and MP 360
hi all! can someone tell me where i can find a test of the printer-scanner canon MP-360 is this a new product that is about to remplace the MP 190 model ? do someone owns it ? feelings about ? which multifunction is the best according to you ?? ( < 150 $) i found only one comparaison of these multifunctions on the web (tomhardware) do someone knows where can i find more ?? thanks to all !! ...

Canon printer
Hi, I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will it work with the OS/2 driver for the i550? If not, is there an OS/2 driver for this printer available and where can I find it? Thanks for your help in anticipation. Theuns Botha. -- -- T.J.Botha wrote: > Hi, > I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will it work with the OS/2 > driver for the i550? Yes Klaus Staedtler On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:44:58 UTC, Klaus Staedtler <gibtsnet@gibtsnet.net> wrote: > T.J.Botha wrote: > > Hi, > > I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will ...

canon printer
I have Redhat 9. The install went fine, but now the Canon printer (S300) has black (and colors) that come out washed out. The black is light grey rather than black. When I had Mandrake on this machine using the same printer there was a way (through Printer Drake) to adjust the stpGamma and density settings; I can find no similar setting in Redhat. Any suggestions?? ...

canonical vs non-canonical
hi all ive got an understanding problem im reading this book: operating systems: design and implementation and it talks about cooked/canonical and raw/non-canonical modes now, i dont really understand whats meant by that? is there any chance for me to see the 2 things in action, just two grasp whats being talked about here? thanx, martin sancho1980 wrote: > hi all > > ive got an understanding problem > im reading this book: operating systems: design and implementation > and it talks about cooked/canonical and raw/non-canonical modes > now, i dont really understand whats...

Canon printer
I have a Canon printer I'm trying to setup on our HP. The local network guy identifies it as a Canon imageRunner 3300. I've done PJL and SNMP set to FALSE in NPCONFIG. Is there a specific setup file from HPENV that would work? Or a new one? Thanks in advance! Paul T. Harbron Emerson Appliance Controls INRUG Secretary * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Canon WON and Canon Lost
The nod, with a lot of close looking, goes to Canon but the practical nod goes to Costco/Kirkland when it come to paper when printing with a Canon IP4000 using OEM ink. This is not a real test as it is totally subjective and empirically observed. The Players: Canon IP4000 Canon OEM Ink Canon Photo Paper Pro Costco/Kirkland Pro Glossy Inkjet Paper (Swiss Made) some say Ilford Gallerie Smooth Glossy SureThing Glossy Photo Paper Fiskars Rotary Paper Cutter 12" purchased at Costco for $29.95. Has Fiskars Label but the model in its appearance is unique to Costco. Not...

Canon MP780
My wife and I have looked at all in one multifunction devices. Of them all the Canon MP780 looks good as it uses the same technology for printing as our i865 and has better scanner capability than our existing poorly supported Canon N650U. I would like to get feedback from anyone using this AIO on a Mac. We have an iMac G5 and a PB G4 FW800. All software is at 10.3.8. Comments good, bad and ugly welcome. -- Regards, John D Proctor ...

Canon Printers
Hi We have a lovely canon pixma mp780 multi function printer. It works fine from Windows XP programs. However we would like to use it from D3 occasionally instead of our HP lasers and Epson dot matrix. Help I cannot find anything equivalent to the HP manuals for the command set. If I send a plain text message as normal it appears in the Windows spooler and disappears. I have also tried sending the HP PCL command set, again it appears in Windows spooler, the indicator on the printer says printing but nothing appears on paper. By the way I have the HP PCL command set singing o...

canon printer
what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer? just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers. Hi Dilbert Dilbert Firestorm wrote: > what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer? > > just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers. > > I find the i850 (omni build 30.822) work fine for most uses but use the i950 drivers for printing from OpenOffice and Acrobat. Regards Pete ...

Canon printers
Does anybody know the difference between the Canon bubblejet i450 en i450x? And is there any difference between the i450 and the i455? Thanks "Pietje" <pietje47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3fb657ac$0$173$1b62eedf@news.wanadoo.nl... > Does anybody know the difference between the Canon bubblejet i450 en i450x? > And is there any difference between the i450 and the i455? This is not rocket science. Do some homework at Canon's website: http://usa.canon.com/html/index1.jsp Click on printers, select i450, i455, i560, and click on compare. ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Canon
zakezuke wrote: >>I believe that they did not rank the IP6000 very highly not because it >>is a bad printer but Canon has others in the line that they (and I >>agree) are much better. An example would be the IP4000 and the IP5000. >> >> > >I think if you actualy read the articile they say "The iP6000D's >performance and quality for business applications make it a poor choice >as an all-around printer. > They do say that. >But its photo performance, quality, and >photo-printing features make it a reasonable cho...

canon
was given a canon 360 cd laptop it was made about 1991. I had windows 98se installed on it. it has a cd rom and a floppy drive. put in a 10gig hdd but will only recognize 4gigs. has 16 megs ram will go to 32. the touchpad works but cannot get any mouse to work. can someone help with some solutions to the hdd,mouse and ram? thanks. ...

canon
was given a canon 360 cd laptop it was made about 1991. I had windows 98se installed on it. it has a cd rom and a floppy drive. put in a 10gig hdd but will only recognize 4gigs. has 16 megs ram will go to 32. the touchpad works but cannot get any mouse to work. can someone help with some solutions to the hdd,mouse and ram? thanks. ...

Web resources about - Canon MP 760 or Canon MP780 - comp.periphs.printers

Christian biblical canons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the Jewish canon, see Development of the Hebrew Bible canon . For the Old Testament canon, see Development of the Old Testament canon . For ...

Almost 40% off a Canon DSLR kit is the Internet’s best deal today
Not too long ago, professional photographs were left to, well, professionals. But these days, thanks to the proliferation of advanced smartphones, ...

Disney will not allow EA to break canon with Star Wars Battlefront
... adhering to, and I think this is part of our arrangement with Lucas and Disney, is you can't make a game in Star Wars that violates the canon ...

Digitimes Research: Digital camera vendors except Canon, Sony tending to withdrawal from consumer segment ...
Since releasing their spring-season digital still camera (DSC) models in the first quarter of 2015, DSC vendors have launched very limited number ...

EOS-1D X Mark II: Canon's flagship DSLR goes 4K
There's no doubt Nikon stole CES 2016, thanks to the D5, D500 and KeyMission 360 announcements. But rival Canon seems to have saved its best ...

Canon Stunt With Six Photographers Misses, But Demonstrates The Power Of Inspiration
VideoCanon recently published a video stunt where they asked six different professional photographers to take portraits of one man. The twist ...

Canon 1D X Mark II: An Epic DSLR That Shoots 4K Video, For a Price
Hot on the heels of Nikon with its D5 , Canon has announced its new flagship DSLR. Say hello to the 1D X MarkII, whose overkill will surely be ...

Stars Wars Latest Canon Released While ‘Bloodlines’ Gives Clues To The Rise Of The First Order Excerpt ...
With Disney’s acquisition of the Star Wars franchises, it was necessary to establish a new Star Wars canon. Disney recently released its new ...

Louis Vuitton Interview With Final Fantasy's Lightning Should Be Canon
Many fans were surprised when Final Fantasy XIII ’s pink-haired heroine traded in her Firaga in favor of being a fashion model. In a completely ...

Destroying a Soda Can With a Ping-Pong Ball Using Science and a Vacuum Canon
... Simple Feats of Science! , Zeke Kossover from The Exploratorium destroyed a soda can using only a ping-pong ball, science, and a vacuum canon. ...