Canon Pixma IP3000 printer ink question

Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2
different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk  and the  BCI-6.  The BCI-3eBK seems
to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6.  Anyone got a clue what the
difference is?

Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be
panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson?

--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc

0
Simon

Simon Finnigan wrote:

>Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2
>different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk  and the  BCI-6.  The BCI-3eBK seems
>to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6.  Anyone got a clue what the
>difference is?

Yes, but it doesn't apply to the iP3000, which uses four ink tanks,
specifically the BCI-3eBk and three BCI-6(c/m/y).

The BCI-6b is a dye-based photo black. The BCI-3eBk is a pigment-based
black for text. The 3e is larger and has a higher ink volume.

>Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be
>panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson?

Perhaps...have you considered the life expectancy of the printhead in
the Canon printer and replacement cost?

Personally I prefer the HP models because the printhead is part of the
ink cartridge. You never have to worry about clogging or failure.

I had a Canon i850 (previous model to the iP3000) and the printhead
failed after only 4000 pages and 16 months. There are plenty of reports
of printhead failures from other people. The cost of a replacement
printhead is nearly the cost of a new printer, so it's not very cost
effective.
0
Bill
12/27/2004 4:00:38 PM
"Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message news:95ydnbFcDtfirE3cRVn-rQ@golden.net...
> Simon Finnigan wrote:
>
> >Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2
> >different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk  and the  BCI-6.  The BCI-3eBK
seems
> >to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6.  Anyone got a clue what the
> >difference is?
>
> Yes, but it doesn't apply to the iP3000, which uses four ink tanks,
> specifically the BCI-3eBk and three BCI-6(c/m/y).
>
> The BCI-6b is a dye-based photo black. The BCI-3eBk is a pigment-based
> black for text. The 3e is larger and has a higher ink volume.

Ahh right, thanks for that.  Seems a bit annoying being able to use both,
but not being able to swap between mid-cartridge.  What are you supposed to
do regarding choosing between ink types if you`re printing out lots of
documents with text and photos?  :-)

> >Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be
> >panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson?
>
> Perhaps...have you considered the life expectancy of the printhead in
> the Canon printer and replacement cost?
>
> Personally I prefer the HP models because the printhead is part of the
> ink cartridge. You never have to worry about clogging or failure.
>
> I had a Canon i850 (previous model to the iP3000) and the printhead
> failed after only 4000 pages and 16 months. There are plenty of reports
> of printhead failures from other people. The cost of a replacement
> printhead is nearly the cost of a new printer, so it's not very cost
> effective.

I tend to do a lot of printing using compatible inks, and by the time the
inks have blocked the print head, the money saved on using the cheaper inks
far outweighs the cost of buying a new printer :-)  I`ve used HP in the
past, but the inks are very expensive when you`re printing lots out,
certainly compared to fair quality compatible inks.  I moved to Epsons
because of the availability of cheap inks, and now have a C64 that needs to
either print out every day, or be cleaned when it`s not been used for a
couple of days.  No great hardship, I`ve gone through 15-20 sets of
compatible inks on this printer, which must be a saving of hundreds of
pounds, compared to �70 for a new IP3000.

Does anyone have evidence one way or the other that regular (i.e. printing
every day) using compatible inks does more damage/has a greater chance of
blocking the head than printing less often?  I`d imagine that very regular
printing would help keep the heads clear, but I`ve got no evidence one way
or the other.

Thanks for your help.

--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc
Earn money reading emails!
http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm

0
Simon
12/27/2004 4:17:39 PM
Simon Finnigan wrote:

>> Yes, but it doesn't apply to the iP3000, which uses four ink tanks,
>> specifically the BCI-3eBk and three BCI-6(c/m/y).
>>
>> The BCI-6b is a dye-based photo black. The BCI-3eBk is a pigment-based
>> black for text. The 3e is larger and has a higher ink volume.
>
>Ahh right, thanks for that.  Seems a bit annoying being able to use both,
>but not being able to swap between mid-cartridge.

If you buy the iP3000 you can't use both nor swap black ink tanks - they
are physically different sizes.

The iP4000 uses both black cartridges.

>  What are you supposed to
>do regarding choosing between ink types if you`re printing out lots of
>documents with text and photos?  :-)

You print out the text and photos separately, or you live with it.
:)

>Does anyone have evidence one way or the other that regular (i.e. printing
>every day) using compatible inks does more damage/has a greater chance of
>blocking the head than printing less often?  I`d imagine that very regular
>printing would help keep the heads clear, but I`ve got no evidence one way
>or the other.

If you buy good quality inks, I don't think clogging is any worse than
using the manufacturer's inks. It's the really cheap ink that causes
problems.
0
Bill
12/27/2004 5:30:19 PM
First I would not get the IP3000 but get the IP4000.  The IP4000 takes
both black cartridges.  The BCI-6 contains dye ink and is used in
printing photos.  It enhances the contrast.  The IP3000 does not use
this cartridge being a 4 cartridge printer.  The other black cartridge
contains pigmented ink and is used for business printing.  The proper
one is selected by the print driver.

For a few bucks more, when on sale, the IP4000 is better.

Simon Finnigan wrote:

>Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2
>different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk  and the  BCI-6.  The BCI-3eBK seems
>to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6.  Anyone got a clue what the
>difference is?
>
>Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be
>panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson?

0
measekite
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I hear much of the same thing.&nbsp; But in many if not most of the cases of
print head failure due to clogging, the user did not ALWAYS use factory
ink all of the time.&nbsp; There may be additives in the factory ink that
clean the head.&nbsp; I do not know but it is a possibility.<br>
Bill wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">Simon Finnigan wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2
different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk  and the  BCI-6.  The BCI-3eBK seems
to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6.  Anyone got a clue what the
difference is?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Yes, but it doesn't apply to the iP3000, which uses four ink tanks,
specifically the BCI-3eBk and three BCI-6(c/m/y).

The BCI-6b is a dye-based photo black. The BCI-3eBk is a pigment-based
black for text. The 3e is larger and has a higher ink volume.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be
panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Perhaps...have you considered the life expectancy of the printhead in
the Canon printer and replacement cost?

Personally I prefer the HP models because the printhead is part of the
ink cartridge. You never have to worry about clogging or failure.

I had a Canon i850 (previous model to the iP3000) and the printhead
failed after only 4000 pages and 16 months. There are plenty of reports
of printhead failures from other people. The cost of a replacement
printhead is nearly the cost of a new printer, so it's not very cost
effective.
  </pre>
0
measekite
12/27/2004 5:39:53 PM
measekite wrote:

>!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
>html>
>head>

Please turn off HTML...newsgroups are text based and this extraneous
stuff makes it hard to read your post.

>I hear much of the same thing.&nbsp; But in many if not most of the cases of
>print head failure due to clogging, the user did not ALWAYS use factory
>ink all of the time.&nbsp; There may be additives in the factory ink that
>clean the head.&nbsp; I do not know but it is a possibility.<br>

I don't think the ink makes any difference.

I used third-party bulk ink and refill kits. But a friend who has an
i550 used nothing but genuine Canon ink tanks and his printhead failed
in a year and a half after a measly 2500 pages. There are quite a few
reports of other failures using just Canon ink too.

By the way, we're not talking about just clogging of the printhead
nozzles here. By failure, we mean the head died and will not print
anything at all. On my printer, the printing stopped mid-page and the
lights on top started flashing indicating a printhead error. My friend's
printer did not show any error codes, but it stopped printing mid-page
as well.

What ticked me off the most, is that Canon didn't want to admit they
made a marketing error when promoting their printheads as being
semi-permanent and lasting "the life of the printer". Clearly the heads
are not designed to last as long as they said, and Canon has since
changed their tune. They now say the printhead life expectancy is good
for 5,000-10,000 pages which is a big difference. Had I known that, I
wouldn't have bought the i850 in the first place since head replacement
cost is too high and must be factored into the lifetime running costs.

I recommended Canon last year when it was working well, but not anymore.
I've gone back to HP printers and will not buy Canon again.
0
Bill
> First I would not get the IP3000 but get the IP4000.  The IP4000 takes
> both black cartridges.  The BCI-6 contains dye ink and is used in
> printing photos.  It enhances the contrast.  The IP3000 does not use
> this cartridge being a 4 cartridge printer.  The other black cartridge
> contains pigmented ink and is used for business printing.  The proper
> one is selected by the print driver.
>
> For a few bucks more, when on sale, the IP4000 is better.

It`s new printer time right now, and the price difference is about �40. I`m
getting the IP3000 for about �73, the IP4000 is �111.  That`s a BIG price
difference for slightly blacker blacks when printing reports.  Most of the
stuff I print out for my own use is to be read by myself and a few others,
quality isn`t a massive issue (I`m not trying to get work based on these
prints).  For printing on CD`s and DVD`s, and covers to look fairly good
(got a friend who records his own music, and sometimes does videos, and he
likes  having friends duplicate etc them for him), maybe 100 covers a month
(and therefore 100 CD`s/DVD`s), and maybe another 50 pages of work, is it
really worth that extra cash?  That �40 difference is enough to pay for
about 6-8 sets of compatible inks (using a brand I use for my Epson and am
very happy with).

Anyone seen prints from both these printers side by side - is it really
worth �40 extra for better results using normal paper?  How much faster is
the IP4000 than the IP3000 in the real world - fast enough to make a big
difference on a 50 page printing run?

0
Simon
12/28/2004 1:27:47 AM
Simon Finnigan wrote:
> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> First I would not get the IP3000 but get the IP4000.  The IP4000
>> takes both black cartridges.  The BCI-6 contains dye ink and is used
>> in printing photos.  It enhances the contrast.  The IP3000 does not
>> use this cartridge being a 4 cartridge printer.  The other black
>> cartridge contains pigmented ink and is used for business printing.
>> The proper one is selected by the print driver.
>>
>> For a few bucks more, when on sale, the IP4000 is better.
>
> It`s new printer time right now, and the price difference is about
> �40. I`m getting the IP3000 for about �73, the IP4000 is �111.
> That`s a BIG price difference for slightly blacker blacks when
> printing reports.  Most of the stuff I print out for my own use is to
> be read by myself and a few others, quality isn`t a massive issue
> (I`m not trying to get work based on these prints).  For printing on
> CD`s and DVD`s, and covers to look fairly good (got a friend who
> records his own music, and sometimes does videos, and he likes
> having friends duplicate etc them for him), maybe 100 covers a month
> (and therefore 100 CD`s/DVD`s), and maybe another 50 pages of work,
> is it really worth that extra cash?  That �40 difference is enough to
> pay for about 6-8 sets of compatible inks (using a brand I use for my
> Epson and am very happy with).
>
> Anyone seen prints from both these printers side by side - is it
> really worth �40 extra for better results using normal paper?  How
> much faster is the IP4000 than the IP3000 in the real world - fast
> enough to make a big difference on a 50 page printing run?

Let me drop in...
First, that extra black cart not only make slightly more black, but also
much better photos. And now we're at most important decision - do you plan
to print photos? If not, forget 4000, as you won't need extra black, since
that one only spits out in high quality mode on photo paper. If yes, it is
worthed that extra cash. I've had i550 (4 carts) and now 4000 - difference
is really big. Speed is i think the same on both models.

Regarding what Bill said elsewhere...

True...heads do die...on my i550 died after appr. 18 months...but since i
refilled (and this IS the most easy on canon carts) in this time i not only
saved for a new one, but i even gained. Sure, i'd gain more  if my i550
would still run...somehow i strongly doubt it ws ink's fault - it wasn't
some cheap one or universal...
but to be honest, Epson owners do report about head clogging beyond repair,
too... and what's more, in that case (supposely) head can't be replaced, not
to mention that in Canon head replacement is just not worthed, so we're
again at the same spot.

Let's say this...if my current 4000 dies in about same period, THEN i will
seriously consider about some Epson or HP... (i hope they will become faster
until that time :-)) you know, once is accidentally, twice is goodbye...
But, i've had two Lexmarks  and carts are AWFULLY expensive, so from that
time i just don't like carts with integrated heads.
Why did i have two? Because when my first went out of ink, it was cheaper to
buy a new one (with 2 carts included) than buy just one cart separately.
Then i was tired of buying a new printer each time...

0
SleeperMan
12/28/2004 8:59:59 PM
"SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
> Simon Finnigan wrote:
> > "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> First I would not get the IP3000 but get the IP4000.  The IP4000
> >> takes both black cartridges.  The BCI-6 contains dye ink and is used
> >> in printing photos.  It enhances the contrast.  The IP3000 does not
> >> use this cartridge being a 4 cartridge printer.  The other black
> >> cartridge contains pigmented ink and is used for business printing.
> >> The proper one is selected by the print driver.
> >>
> >> For a few bucks more, when on sale, the IP4000 is better.
> >
> > It`s new printer time right now, and the price difference is about
> > �40. I`m getting the IP3000 for about �73, the IP4000 is �111.
> > That`s a BIG price difference for slightly blacker blacks when
> > printing reports.  Most of the stuff I print out for my own use is to
> > be read by myself and a few others, quality isn`t a massive issue
> > (I`m not trying to get work based on these prints).  For printing on
> > CD`s and DVD`s, and covers to look fairly good (got a friend who
> > records his own music, and sometimes does videos, and he likes
> > having friends duplicate etc them for him), maybe 100 covers a month
> > (and therefore 100 CD`s/DVD`s), and maybe another 50 pages of work,
> > is it really worth that extra cash?  That �40 difference is enough to
> > pay for about 6-8 sets of compatible inks (using a brand I use for my
> > Epson and am very happy with).
> >
> > Anyone seen prints from both these printers side by side - is it
> > really worth �40 extra for better results using normal paper?  How
> > much faster is the IP4000 than the IP3000 in the real world - fast
> > enough to make a big difference on a 50 page printing run?
>
> Let me drop in...
> First, that extra black cart not only make slightly more black, but also
> much better photos. And now we're at most important decision - do you plan
> to print photos? If not, forget 4000, as you won't need extra black, since
> that one only spits out in high quality mode on photo paper. If yes, it is
> worthed that extra cash. I've had i550 (4 carts) and now 4000 - difference
> is really big. Speed is i think the same on both models.

Well, I found out that the IP4000 was on the high street for �100, which is
a much smaller difference than before.  Plus it meant I got my hands on the
printer today, rather than waiting ages for it to be delivered.  I`ve
printed out a few photo`s, and am truly impressed by the quality.  The text
is OK, the duplexing has come in handy already, so all in all I`m impressed
with this little beauty!

> True...heads do die...on my i550 died after appr. 18 months...but since i
> refilled (and this IS the most easy on canon carts) in this time i not
only
> saved for a new one, but i even gained. Sure, i'd gain more  if my i550
> would still run...somehow i strongly doubt it ws ink's fault - it wasn't
> some cheap one or universal...
> but to be honest, Epson owners do report about head clogging beyond
repair,
> too... and what's more, in that case (supposely) head can't be replaced,
not
> to mention that in Canon head replacement is just not worthed, so we're
> again at the same spot.

I`ve had Epsons clog up on me a few times, but when you`ve gone through 20
sets of compatible inks, who cares?  I worked it out for a friend, getting
through a single set of compatibles, throwing the printer away and buying a
new one was cheaper than using Epson inks, so after 20 sets, there`s some
serious money been saved there.  The Canon original inks seem to be cheaper,
but the compatibles are much cheaper again, so I`ll stick with getting the
compatibles from the place I got my Epsons from.  They seem to do good
quality ink, and apparently even give your printer a service if their ink
knackered the head.  Never bothered taking them up on the offer, but you
never know :-)

> Let's say this...if my current 4000 dies in about same period, THEN i will
> seriously consider about some Epson or HP... (i hope they will become
faster
> until that time :-)) you know, once is accidentally, twice is goodbye...
> But, i've had two Lexmarks  and carts are AWFULLY expensive, so from that
> time i just don't like carts with integrated heads.
> Why did i have two? Because when my first went out of ink, it was cheaper
> buy a new one (with 2 carts included) than buy just one cart separately.
> Then i was tired of buying a new printer each time...

I`m just getting rid of 5 of those �10 Dell printers, rebadged Lexmarks.
Buy cheap Lexmark compatible ink, snap a tiny bit of plastic off the cart
holder, and time to save 50% on a refil.  They`re going to friends who don`t
print much, so the "expensive" ink doesn`t bother them.  The ink is cheap
for them, but compared to �7.50 for a complete set of 5 inks for my new
Canon, it`s expensive for me :-)

Thanks everyone for thier help - I`m glad I went for the higher model, but
I`m very impressed with the printer anyway.  Well reccomended!

--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc
Earn money reading emails!
http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm

0
Simon
12/29/2004 1:43:23 AM
Simon Finnigan wrote:
> Well, I found out that the IP4000 was on the high street for �100,
> which is a much smaller difference than before.  Plus it meant I got
> my hands on the printer today, rather than waiting ages for it to be
> delivered.  I`ve printed out a few photo`s, and am truly impressed by
> the quality.  The text is OK, the duplexing has come in handy
> already, so all in all I`m impressed with this little beauty!

told ya...!!!

> I`ve had Epsons clog up on me a few times, but when you`ve gone
> through 20 sets of compatible inks, who cares?  I worked it out for a
> friend, getting through a single set of compatibles, throwing the
> printer away and buying a new one was cheaper than using Epson inks,
> so after 20 sets, there`s some serious money been saved there.  The
> Canon original inks seem to be cheaper, but the compatibles are much
> cheaper again, so I`ll stick with getting the compatibles from the
> place I got my Epsons from.  They seem to do good quality ink, and
> apparently even give your printer a service if their ink knackered
> the head.  Never bothered taking them up on the offer, but you never
> know :-)

Even cheaper is to buy only ink set from some good reseller. Refilling carts
by yourself can't be easier - just drill a small hole at the top where ink
reservoir is, fill ink and seal the hole with electrical tape. voila!!!

>> Let's say this...if my current 4000 dies in about same period, THEN
>> i will seriously consider about some Epson or HP... (i hope they
>> will become faster until that time :-)) you know, once is
>> accidentally, twice is goodbye... But, i've had two Lexmarks  and
>> carts are AWFULLY expensive, so from that time i just don't like
>> carts with integrated heads.
>> Why did i have two? Because when my first went out of ink, it was
>> cheaper to buy a new one (with 2 carts included) than buy just one
>> cart separately. Then i was tired of buying a new printer each
>> time...
>
> I`m just getting rid of 5 of those �10 Dell printers, rebadged
> Lexmarks. Buy cheap Lexmark compatible ink, snap a tiny bit of
> plastic off the cart holder, and time to save 50% on a refil.
> They`re going to friends who don`t print much, so the "expensive" ink
> doesn`t bother them.  The ink is cheap for them, but compared to
> �7.50 for a complete set of 5 inks for my new Canon, it`s expensive
> for me :-)
>
> Thanks everyone for thier help - I`m glad I went for the higher
> model, but I`m very impressed with the printer anyway.  Well
> reccomended!

0
SleeperMan
12/29/2004 8:17:08 AM
> Simon Finnigan wrote:
> > Well, I found out that the IP4000 was on the high street for �100,
> > which is a much smaller difference than before.  Plus it meant I got
> > my hands on the printer today, rather than waiting ages for it to be
> > delivered.  I`ve printed out a few photo`s, and am truly impressed by
> > the quality.  The text is OK, the duplexing has come in handy
> > already, so all in all I`m impressed with this little beauty!
>
> told ya...!!!

When the difference was �40 and the same delay, I couldn`t convince myself
it ws worth the money.  Less than �30, and having the printer there and
then - that`s  much easier case for convincing myself that it`s a good idea
:-)

> > I`ve had Epsons clog up on me a few times, but when you`ve gone
> > through 20 sets of compatible inks, who cares?  I worked it out for a
> > friend, getting through a single set of compatibles, throwing the
> > printer away and buying a new one was cheaper than using Epson inks,
> > so after 20 sets, there`s some serious money been saved there.  The
> > Canon original inks seem to be cheaper, but the compatibles are much
> > cheaper again, so I`ll stick with getting the compatibles from the
> > place I got my Epsons from.  They seem to do good quality ink, and
> > apparently even give your printer a service if their ink knackered
> > the head.  Never bothered taking them up on the offer, but you never
> > know :-)
>

> Even cheaper is to buy only ink set from some good reseller. Refilling
carts
> by yourself can't be easier - just drill a small hole at the top where ink
> reservoir is, fill ink and seal the hole with electrical tape. voila!!!

I don`t get as much spare time as I`d like, and the thought of messing about
with ink like this when a new cart is �1.50 doesn`t appeal.  It takes
minutes to earn that much money, and I ALWAYS end up spilling ink
everywhere.  You can say it`s as easy as you like, me and ink are mortal
enemies :-)

--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc
Earn money reading emails!
http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm

0
Simon
12/29/2004 11:52:28 PM
Simon Finnigan wrote:
> "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
>> Simon Finnigan wrote:
>>> Well, I found out that the IP4000 was on the high street for �100,
>>> which is a much smaller difference than before.  Plus it meant I got
>>> my hands on the printer today, rather than waiting ages for it to be
>>> delivered.  I`ve printed out a few photo`s, and am truly impressed
>>> by the quality.  The text is OK, the duplexing has come in handy
>>> already, so all in all I`m impressed with this little beauty!
>>
>> told ya...!!!
>
> When the difference was �40 and the same delay, I couldn`t convince
> myself it ws worth the money.  Less than �30, and having the printer
> there and then - that`s  much easier case for convincing myself that
> it`s a good idea :-)
>
>>> I`ve had Epsons clog up on me a few times, but when you`ve gone
>>> through 20 sets of compatible inks, who cares?  I worked it out for
>>> a friend, getting through a single set of compatibles, throwing the
>>> printer away and buying a new one was cheaper than using Epson inks,
>>> so after 20 sets, there`s some serious money been saved there.  The
>>> Canon original inks seem to be cheaper, but the compatibles are much
>>> cheaper again, so I`ll stick with getting the compatibles from the
>>> place I got my Epsons from.  They seem to do good quality ink, and
>>> apparently even give your printer a service if their ink knackered
>>> the head.  Never bothered taking them up on the offer, but you never
>>> know :-)
>>

>> Even cheaper is to buy only ink set from some good reseller.
>> Refilling carts by yourself can't be easier - just drill a small
>> hole at the top where ink reservoir is, fill ink and seal the hole
>> with electrical tape. voila!!!
>

> I don`t get as much spare time as I`d like, and the thought of
> messing about with ink like this when a new cart is �1.50 doesn`t
> appeal.  It takes minutes to earn that much money, and I ALWAYS end
> up spilling ink everywhere.  You can say it`s as easy as you like, me
> and ink are mortal enemies :-)

hahaha...in this case, you have the point...although the cart is filled in
less than one minute, you CAN spill ink around, sure...

0
SleeperMan
12/30/2004 7:52:44 AM
"SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrotenews:SsOAd.7560$F6.1314453
@news.siol.net:

>> I don`t get as much spare time as I`d like, and the thought of
>> messing about with ink like this when a new cart is �1.50 doesn`t
>> appeal.  It takes minutes to earn that much money, and I ALWAYS end
>> up spilling ink everywhere.  You can say it`s as easy as you like, me
>> and ink are mortal enemies :-)
>
> hahaha...in this case, you have the point...although the cart is filled in
> less than one minute, you CAN spill ink around, sure...

Watcha do is buy one of those refill kits with the syringe the first time,
then just the bulk inks later and reuse the syringe.

Takes me about 4 minutes to fill all the carts that way.

--
---Mapanari---
0

Printer Ink

Question about the waste ink tank in Canon IP5000 (and other Canon printers)
I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the printer, and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are replaced. So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridges with new ones before an error message appears saying the tank is full? Anyone taken a printer to Canon to have the tank emptied? How much did they charge? The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time intervals and when requested by the user. The deep cleaning routines use the most ink. There have been many discussions on this newsgroup and in other forums about the 'waste ink tank is full' messages and how to reset the printer. Taking the printer to a repair facility may end up costing nearly as much as a new printer. The tank isn't a bottle or container as the name implies. It is an absorbent pad. If you don't go overboard with deep cleaning cycles the chances are good that you'll not ever see this message for your printer. -- Ron "Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message news:42eb7fa8$0$78157$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the > printer, > and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are > replaced. > So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridg...

Canon Pixma Printer Ink
5-Pack Non-OEM Ink w/ Chip for Canon PGI-5BK CLI-8 Pixma MP500 MP530 MP600 MP800 iP4200 iP4300 iP4500 iP5200 iP5200 Price:$8.91 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IO6DEY Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IO6DEY Canon Pixma Pro9000 Professional Large Format Inkjet Printer (9995A001) Price:$499.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000J1HPK8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000J1HPK8 6 Pack (3xBlack + 1 of Each Color) Compatible Ink w/ Chip for Canon Pixma iP3300 iP3500 MP510 MX700 PGI-5BK CLI-8 Price:$21.45 Image: http://bestdea...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

linux & canon pixma ip3000 printer
My hp deskjet 920c broke during printjob (second hp printer with lifespan of less then 2 yrs) and i would like to buy a new color inktjet printer and preferbaly not HP, the inktcartridges cost to much too. The Canon Pixma IP3000 caught my eye and it will probably will work very good with winxp, but i have dual boot pc (winxp & fedora core3) and i would like to use the printer with linux as well. If i can't print photos or cd-roms with linux thats ok, but i would very much like to print colored text and agenda (from korganizer) and the likes. The information about canon printers ...

No canon pixma ip3000 printer drivers for linux
Canon does not have linux driver for pixma ip3000 printer. I tried i250 driver but it didn't work. When I ask for a test page nothing happens: the printer's light starts blinking, but no page came out. Is there a workaround? Is there a open source linux driver for Canon pixma ip3000 printer? ...

Warning about Canon PIXMA iP3000/iP4000 series printers
We were considering buying a Canon PIXMA iP3000 because these are the first printers we have ever seen that finally quit ripping people off quite so much on ink. The whole printer ink jet market, until now, has been a scam, making you spend an average of $40-$60 buy new print heads and cartridges for all three colors because one color runs out. That is like having to replace your gas tank, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, windshield washer tank and wiper motors, because you ran out of gas or got too low on radiator fluid. Oh, and by the way, there are no gauges, or transparent tanks, and no ...

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? >Only when draft is selected? > >Thanks in advance > > > > Here is a quick test you can perform. Use a photo with quite a bit of black areas. Open the cover on the printer and use a small screwdriver to hold down the cover interlock so that you can actually see the ink being put on the paper. Print the same photo using different paper modes. The BCI-3 black (pigmented black) is deposited with a much wider path than the BCI-6 black. Note also that the BCI-3 black appears to be used only when in plain paper mode. All other modes use only the BCI-6 black. You will see this when observing the printing operation. The other thing you can do is to wet your fingertip and move it across the edge of the printed area onto the unprinted area. You will see a difference in the amount of ink smearing. -- Ron Cohen...

Russian website which had a service manual for the Canon Pixma IP3000 bubblejet printer.
Hello all. Some of the long standing subscribers to this news group will probably remember details of this Russian website. I'm probably going back more than one year. Thanks in advance for that info. BTW, any other source of supply will be appreciated. Sylvain. If you fancy a good ol' browse have a look on the old boards, the one before this came into being... here's the link http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/forum39.html... Note:This is read only davy Did you mean this one - 'Service Manuals' (http://www.eserviceinfo.com/) "...

Canon Pixma printers: ink cartridges, print-head cleaners
I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon cartridges vs. generic it seems to me that the latter would be more cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads. And what about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised. Do they work? If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail. Or so I have been figuring. I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had experience with these printers, e.g.: 1) What generic cartridges are considered of 'good quality'? Any recommendations of websites or companies? Considering that the printheads are not disposable, how likely is it that a good quality generic cartridge will clog up the printheads? 2) Are there sources for genuine Canon cartridges which offer some discount off of retail prices? 3) Re/ print head cleaning: I've seen fluids offered as well as cartridges filled with cleaner/solvent. Do these things work? I'm thinking that occasional preventative maintenence might be a good idea. Thanks, Dorian "Dorian" <DorianLS2@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1115271929.121480.311760@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink > cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine ...

My Canon Pixma IP3000 printer will no longer feed glossy photo paper.
Hello all. As per subject line. It happened previously a short time ago, and I did what is recommended in the IP4000 manual (pdf., downloaded.): Press "Resume button", allow LED light to flash 3 times, release button, It worked then. When I tried the printer again, after a few weeks, the photo paper would not feed. I re-tried cleaning the paper feed rollers, as above, but that didn't work this time. I've had this printer just before it stopped becoming available in the UK, but I haven't used it very much. Will it help to grease or oil some mechanical parts...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Canon 4 ink Vs 6 ink printers
Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. Not really sure the card slots and screen are worth the extra money over the iP5200 but do these *and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the iP5200? In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around �170. Jack Torrence wrote: >Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other >manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? > > YES. WHEN USING OEM INK CANON HAS MORE LIFE AND SNAP TO THE PHOTOS THAN THE COMPETING BRANDS. THE OEM INK ALSO COSTS LESS >Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. > I WOULD SAY THAT THE IP5200 IS A BETTER BET IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE A COMPUTER TO EDIT YOUR PHOTOS WITH DECENT SOFTWARE. >Not really sure the card >slots and screen are worth the extra money > THEY ARE A WASTE JUST LIKE THE IP6000 THAT WAS INFERIOR >over the iP5200 but do these >*and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the >iP5200? > > ABSOLUTLEY NOT >In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around >�170. > > PUT YOUR MONEY IN OEM INK > > > measekite wrote: > > Jack Torrence wrote: > > >Is there much diffe...

Canon Printer Question
I have just bought a Canon i450 printer. (PC Win 98 SE with USB connection) It works great, but what is the annoying"mechanical cycle" it goes through for about a minute everytime I have finished a print. Before I call Canon and whinge, does anyone have any similar experiences, or is it a faulty printer? "LGordon" <Lindsay.J.Gordon@team.telstra.com> wrote in message news:bhbog8$1lr$1@mws-stat-syd.cdn.telstra.com.au... > I have just bought a Canon i450 printer. > (PC Win 98 SE with USB connection) > It works great, but what is the annoying&quo...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Canon Catrige 41 & 40 question Canon Pixma MP160 ink out
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0102_01CAC82E.D2499950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I manually refilled these 2 carts and they work fine, but the printer = monitor still indicates ink is out. Is there a chip inside the carts that need to be reset? Can I reset them through the printer software? Thanks in advance ------=_NextPart_000_0102_01CAC82E.D2499950 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DO...

Replacement Ink for Canon printer
I have the Canon MP 780 all in one and it uses the number 6 black 3e black and 6 yellow 6 magenta and 6 Cyan where can I purchase replacements or should use refills if refills our available for a good price? "Kenneth Maultsby" <kmaultsby@verizon.net> wrote in message news:UogEe.426$Eo3.416@trnddc08... >I have the Canon MP 780 all in one and it uses the number 6 black 3e black >and 6 yellow 6 magenta and 6 Cyan where can I purchase replacements or >should use refills if refills our available for a good price? > Country? Region? For bulk ink www.alotofthings.com is a very good vendor. I've been a customer of theirs for several years. They stock Sensient-Formulabs ink for refilling. If you want prefilled cartridges a good source is abacus http://stores.ebay.com/AbacusInk/AbacusInk-Canon.html or www.tylermartin.com (on eBay http://stores.ebay.com/AbacusInk/AbacusInk-Canon.html ). For more information on refilling check out www.nifty-stuff.com. Several of us on this newsgroup are regulars on that forum and you'll get some very good info without the ridiculous comments from the anti 3rd party ink troll who has inflicted himself upon this newsgroup. -- Ron "Kenneth Maultsby" <kmaultsby@verizon.net> wrote in message news:UogEe.426$Eo3.416@trnddc08... >I have the Canon MP 780 all in one and it uses the number 6 black 3e black >and 6 yellow 6 magenta and 6 Cyan where can ...

Canon Pixma iP3000 questions...
Hello, We recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP3000. It's the first printer we have bought since a bad experience with an Epson Stylus 800. The Espon would constantly have problems with dried up ink cartridges, nozzles clogged, etc. We were told by many people (including some Epson sales reps) that we should turn the printer off to preserve cartridge life. While this helped (only marginally I might add) we still had many problems. I am hoping someone might have the Canon iP3000 Pixma and be willing to share with us any advice or tips on general maintenace of the printer. It doesn't get heavy use in our household (maybe 3-4 times per week). Would it be worthwhile to turn the printer off when not in use or does it matter? Any reason to close the paper trays (input or output) as well when not in use? Thanks very much for any help... trichard Just use it any way you like. The only no-no I'm aware of is to never leave an ink tank out of the carriage for more than a couple minutes. "trichard" <trichard@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:eLidnXEQasywW_jfRVn-ug@forethought.net... > Hello, > > We recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP3000. It's the first printer we > have bought since a bad experience with an Epson Stylus 800. > > The Espon would constantly have problems with dried up ink cartridges, > nozzles clogged, etc. We were told by many people (including some Epson > ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Your Ink for Espon Canon printer
special offer suitable for all Epson Canon inkjet printer , welcom to visit http://xibase.net/products.php or tel 2683 2829 , free delivery. ...

Web resources about - Canon Pixma IP3000 printer ink question - comp.periphs.printers

HSBC banking app replacing passwords & memorable questions with Touch ID and voice-recognition
HSBC has told the BBC that it is going all-in on biometric security, replacing both passwords and memorable questions with a combination of Touch ...

Submit your questions for Autoblog Podcast #467
Filed under: Podcasts On Episode #467 of the Autoblog Podcast, we'll discuss our the Volvo V90 and the return of the Renault Alpine.

"Why Not Question Trump’s Faith?"/Why not question everything everyone asserts about relgion?
The first question is asked by Kevin D. Williamson at The National Review. The second question is mine and is intended not so much as a question ...

The king of the birthers says leaders shouldn't question a man's faith. Seriously?
The king of the birthers says leaders shouldn't question a man's faith. Seriously? by digby Not that this will hurt him, of course: Pope Francis ...

Ryan Reynolds helped Katie Holmes answer an age-old 'Dawson's Creek' question
Katie Holmes got some unexpected help in answering a question about who the better kisser was on "Dawson's Creek" during an appearance on CBS's ...

Pope Francis Questions Trump’s Christianity, Trump Fights Back
'For a religious leader to question a person's faith is disgraceful'

Meningococcal Infections Among Homeless People In Boston Raises Questions
Three cases of life threatening meningococcal infection have been identified in homeless men in Boston since the first of the year. What can ...

Umberto Eco Asked the Hard Questions About the Myths We Can't Help Believing In
Most people know Umberto Eco as the author of The Name of the Rose (pictured above), a Medieval detective story that caused a sensation. But ...

Casino Magnate Adelson Facing 49 Hours of Pretrial Questions
A judge says billionaire casino magnate and Las Vegas newspaper owner Sheldon Adelson can be questioned for up to 49 hours beginning next week ...