Canon Pixma iP3000 questions...

Hello,

We recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP3000.  It's the first printer we
have bought since a bad experience with an Epson Stylus 800.

The Espon would constantly have problems with dried up ink cartridges,
nozzles clogged, etc.  We were told by many people (including some Epson
sales reps) that we should turn the printer off to preserve cartridge
life.  While this helped (only marginally I might add) we still had many
problems.

I am hoping someone might have the Canon iP3000 Pixma and be willing to
share with us any advice or tips on general maintenace of the printer.
It doesn't get heavy use in our household (maybe 3-4 times per week).
Would it be worthwhile to turn the printer off when not in use or does
it matter?

Any reason to close the paper trays (input or output) as well when not
in use?

Thanks very much for any help...

trichard
0
trichard

Just use it any way you like. The only no-no I'm aware of is to never leave
an ink tank out of the carriage for more than a couple minutes.

"trichard" <trichard@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP3000.  It's the first printer we
> have bought since a bad experience with an Epson Stylus 800.
>
> The Espon would constantly have problems with dried up ink cartridges,
> nozzles clogged, etc.  We were told by many people (including some Epson
> sales reps) that we should turn the printer off to preserve cartridge
> life.  While this helped (only marginally I might add) we still had many
> problems.
>
> I am hoping someone might have the Canon iP3000 Pixma and be willing to
> share with us any advice or tips on general maintenace of the printer.
> It doesn't get heavy use in our household (maybe 3-4 times per week).
> Would it be worthwhile to turn the printer off when not in use or does
> it matter?
>
> Any reason to close the paper trays (input or output) as well when not
> in use?
>
> Thanks very much for any help...
>
> trichard

0
Dan
4/20/2005 3:20:29 AM
Close the paper trays to keep as much dust out as possible.  Go to Neil
Slade's site at http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html for
excellent background info on canon printers in general, third party ink
info, and most important for the answer to your question, printer
maintenance.  Then go to
www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/  and pick up lots of info - mostly on canon
printers.  Both of these sites advocate using third party inks (which I do
quite successfully), but you will find other very helpful info as well.  I'm
not trying to push you toward third party inks - just directing you to some
very practical material for canon printers.

"trichard" <trichard@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP3000.  It's the first printer we
> have bought since a bad experience with an Epson Stylus 800.
>
> The Espon would constantly have problems with dried up ink cartridges,
> nozzles clogged, etc.  We were told by many people (including some Epson
> sales reps) that we should turn the printer off to preserve cartridge
> life.  While this helped (only marginally I might add) we still had many
> problems.
>
> I am hoping someone might have the Canon iP3000 Pixma and be willing to
> share with us any advice or tips on general maintenace of the printer. It
> doesn't get heavy use in our household (maybe 3-4 times per week). Would
> it be worthwhile to turn the printer off when not in use or does it
> matter?
>
> Any reason to close the paper trays (input or output) as well when not in
> use?
>
> Thanks very much for any help...
>
> trichard

0
Burt
4/20/2005 5:02:56 AM
"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote:

>Just use it any way you like. The only no-no I'm aware of is to never leave
>an ink tank out of the carriage for more than a couple minutes.

I have read that you should NEVER, EVER turn off the power with a
power strip because the print heads will not be parked on the thing
that seals them.

My Canon S750 has auto power on and auto power off functions that I
use so I never turn it on or off manually.  I have never had a
problem with it.
--
I used to think that most MDs were incompetent morons.  I was wrong,
they are actually very intelligent and good at what they do which is

Daniel
4/20/2005 5:18:25 AM

trichard wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP3000.  It's the first printer we
> have bought since a bad experience with an Epson Stylus 800.
>
> The Espon would constantly have problems with dried up ink cartridges,
> nozzles clogged, etc.  We were told by many people (including some
> Epson sales reps) that we should turn the printer off to preserve
> cartridge life.  While this helped (only marginally I might add) we
> still had many problems.
>
> I am hoping someone might have the Canon iP3000 Pixma and be willing
> to share with us any advice or tips on general maintenace of the
> printer. It doesn't get heavy use in our household (maybe 3-4 times
> per week). Would it be worthwhile to turn the printer off when not in
> use or does it matter?
>
> Any reason to close the paper trays (input or output) as well when not
> in use?

I have an IP4000 and I never turn it off.

> Thanks very much for any help...
>
> trichard
0
measekite
4/20/2005 5:42:11 AM

Daniel Prince wrote:

>"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote:
>

>>Just use it any way you like. The only no-no I'm aware of is to never leave
>>an ink tank out of the carriage for more than a couple minutes.
>>

>I have read that you should NEVER, EVER turn off the power with a
>power strip because the print heads will not be parked on the thing
>that seals them.

TRUE

>My Canon S750 has auto power on and auto power off functions that I
>use so I never turn it on or off manually.  I have never had a
>problem with it.

0
measekite
4/20/2005 6:07:12 AM
measekite wrote:

>> I have read that you should NEVER, EVER turn off the power with a
>> power strip because the print heads will not be parked on the thing
>> that seals them.
>>

> TRUE

agreed...
but then again, above is only valid if power cord is pulled while printing.
When printing is finished, head immediatelly goes into parking space and
seals carts. After that it's no harm done if power is lost. it's stupid to
do this, however.

>> My Canon S750 has auto power on and auto power off functions that I
>> use so I never turn it on or off manually.  I have never had a
>> problem with it.

Same with ip series...great thing.

I use my ip4000 about at same rate..3-4 times per week. No problems so far,
while at my old i550 there were also no problems regarding clogging, only
head died after year and a half...

0
SleeperMan
4/20/2005 3:13:14 PM
measekite wrote:
> trichard wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> We recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP3000.  It's the first printer
>> we have bought since a bad experience with an Epson Stylus 800.
>>
>> The Espon would constantly have problems with dried up ink
>> cartridges, nozzles clogged, etc.  We were told by many people
>> (including some Epson sales reps) that we should turn the printer
>> off to preserve cartridge life.  While this helped (only marginally
>> I might add) we still had many problems.
>>
>> I am hoping someone might have the Canon iP3000 Pixma and be willing
>> to share with us any advice or tips on general maintenace of the
>> printer. It doesn't get heavy use in our household (maybe 3-4 times
>> per week). Would it be worthwhile to turn the printer off when not in
>> use or does it matter?
>>
>> Any reason to close the paper trays (input or output) as well when
>> not in use?
>

> I have an IP4000 and I never turn it off.

hm...

did you ever hear of environment polluting? Doing this you waste precious
energy and thus pollute the environment... ;-)

0
SleeperMan
4/20/2005 3:14:45 PM
Thanks for the helpful and friendly advice everyone.

-trichard

Burt wrote:
> Close the paper trays to keep as much dust out as possible.  Go to Neil
> Slade's site at http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html for
> excellent background info on canon printers in general, third party ink
> info, and most important for the answer to your question, printer
> maintenance.  Then go to
> www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/  and pick up lots of info - mostly on canon
> printers.  Both of these sites advocate using third party inks (which I do
> quite successfully), but you will find other very helpful info as well.  I'm
> not trying to push you toward third party inks - just directing you to some
> very practical material for canon printers.
>
> "trichard" <trichard@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>We recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP3000.  It's the first printer we
>>have bought since a bad experience with an Epson Stylus 800.
>>
>>The Espon would constantly have problems with dried up ink cartridges,
>>nozzles clogged, etc.  We were told by many people (including some Epson
>>sales reps) that we should turn the printer off to preserve cartridge
>>life.  While this helped (only marginally I might add) we still had many
>>problems.
>>
>>I am hoping someone might have the Canon iP3000 Pixma and be willing to
>>share with us any advice or tips on general maintenace of the printer. It
>>doesn't get heavy use in our household (maybe 3-4 times per week). Would
>>it be worthwhile to turn the printer off when not in use or does it
>>matter?
>>
>>Any reason to close the paper trays (input or output) as well when not in
>>use?
>>
>>Thanks very much for any help...
>>
>>trichard

0
trichard
4/20/2005 11:46:03 PM
trichard <trichard@nowhere.net> wrotenews:eLidnXEQasywW_jfRVn-
ug@forethought.net:

> Hello,
>
> We recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP3000.  It's the first printer we
> have bought since a bad experience with an Epson Stylus 800.
>
> The Espon would constantly have problems with dried up ink cartridges,
> nozzles clogged, etc.  We were told by many people (including some Epson
> sales reps) that we should turn the printer off to preserve cartridge
> life.  While this helped (only marginally I might add) we still had many
> problems.
>
> I am hoping someone might have the Canon iP3000 Pixma and be willing to
> share with us any advice or tips on general maintenace of the printer.
> It doesn't get heavy use in our household (maybe 3-4 times per week).
> Would it be worthwhile to turn the printer off when not in use or does
> it matter?
>
> Any reason to close the paper trays (input or output) as well when not
> in use?
>
> Thanks very much for any help...
>
> trichard

I too am an Epson refugee, for all those reasons above and because I
emailed them about my print heads being inoperative after spending hours
cleaning etc, and no answer.
I figure, if my unit is always clogging up, drying up, printing badly and
then no answer, screw them, I'll try someone else.
I did my research and bought the iP3000.
I couldn't be happier.

One creveat I can see, the only one, if you take your carts out to refill
them, use that orange plastic cap for the bottoms so they don't dry out.
the one that comes with the original carts you had to take off to install.

I printed out a 4/6 borderless picture and it looks better than drug store
pics!
--
---Mapanari---
0

> measekite wrote:
>> trichard wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> We recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP3000.  It's the first printer
>>> we have bought since a bad experience with an Epson Stylus 800.
>>>
>>> The Espon would constantly have problems with dried up ink
>>> cartridges, nozzles clogged, etc.  We were told by many people
>>> (including some Epson sales reps) that we should turn the printer
>>> off to preserve cartridge life.  While this helped (only marginally
>>> I might add) we still had many problems.
>>>
>>> I am hoping someone might have the Canon iP3000 Pixma and be willing
>>> to share with us any advice or tips on general maintenace of the
>>> printer. It doesn't get heavy use in our household (maybe 3-4 times
>>> per week). Would it be worthwhile to turn the printer off when not in
>>> use or does it matter?
>>>
>>> Any reason to close the paper trays (input or output) as well when
>>> not in use?
>>

>> I have an IP4000 and I never turn it off.
>>

> hm...
>
> did you ever hear of environment polluting? Doing this you waste precious
> energy and thus pollute the environment... ;-)

This said while typing on your keyboard in the back of your familie's SUV,
you looking for a stable wifi connection to up this post on your way to
McDonalds to eat hamburgers and drink Coca cola, and then stop at the trash
dump to dispose of the 40# of clamshells, wrappings, plastic forks, many
unused ketsup packets, salt and pepper....  <s>

--
---Mapanari---
0
Mapanari wrote:
> "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrotenews:slu9e.11589$F6.2306062
> @news.siol.net:
>
>> measekite wrote:

>>> I have an IP4000 and I never turn it off.
>>>

>> hm...
>>
>> did you ever hear of environment polluting? Doing this you waste
>> precious energy and thus pollute the environment... ;-)
>>

> This said while typing on your keyboard in the back of your familie's
> SUV, you looking for a stable wifi connection to up this post on your
> way to McDonalds to eat hamburgers and drink Coca cola, and then stop
> at the trash dump to dispose of the 40# of clamshells, wrappings,
> plastic forks, many unused ketsup packets, salt and pepper....  <s>

lol

0
SleeperMan
4/28/2005 7:30:08 PM
"Mapanari" <whosthat@anonmail.com> wrote in message
> trichard <trichard@nowhere.net> wrotenews:eLidnXEQasywW_jfRVn-
> ug@forethought.net:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > We recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP3000.  It's the first printer we
> > have bought since a bad experience with an Epson Stylus 800.
> >
> > The Espon would constantly have problems with dried up ink cartridges,
> > nozzles clogged, etc.  We were told by many people (including some Epson
> > sales reps) that we should turn the printer off to preserve cartridge
> > life.  While this helped (only marginally I might add) we still had many
> > problems.
> >
> > I am hoping someone might have the Canon iP3000 Pixma and be willing to
> > share with us any advice or tips on general maintenace of the printer.
> > It doesn't get heavy use in our household (maybe 3-4 times per week).
> > Would it be worthwhile to turn the printer off when not in use or does
> > it matter?
> >
> > Any reason to close the paper trays (input or output) as well when not
> > in use?
> >
> > Thanks very much for any help...
> >
> > trichard
>

> I too am an Epson refugee, for all those reasons above and because I
> emailed them about my print heads being inoperative after spending hours
> cleaning etc, and no answer.
> I figure, if my unit is always clogging up, drying up, printing badly and
> then no answer, screw them, I'll try someone else.
> I did my research and bought the iP3000.
> I couldn't be happier.

Could you refill the ink for iP3000? Thanks

Ar Q

0
Ar
4/30/2005 7:14:59 AM

Ar Q wrote:

>"Mapanari" <whosthat@anonmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>trichard <trichard@nowhere.net> wrotenews:eLidnXEQasywW_jfRVn-
>>ug@forethought.net:
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>We recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP3000.  It's the first printer we
>>>have bought since a bad experience with an Epson Stylus 800.
>>>
>>>The Espon would constantly have problems with dried up ink cartridges,
>>>nozzles clogged, etc.  We were told by many people (including some Epson
>>>sales reps) that we should turn the printer off to preserve cartridge
>>>life.  While this helped (only marginally I might add) we still had many
>>>problems.
>>>
>>>I am hoping someone might have the Canon iP3000 Pixma and be willing to
>>>share with us any advice or tips on general maintenace of the printer.
>>>It doesn't get heavy use in our household (maybe 3-4 times per week).
>>>Would it be worthwhile to turn the printer off when not in use or does
>>>it matter?
>>>
>>>Any reason to close the paper trays (input or output) as well when not
>>>in use?
>>>
>>>Thanks very much for any help...
>>>
>>>trichard
>>>

>>I too am an Epson refugee, for all those reasons above and because I
>>emailed them about my print heads being inoperative after spending hours
>>cleaning etc, and no answer.
>>I figure, if my unit is always clogging up, drying up, printing badly and
>>then no answer, screw them, I'll try someone else.
>>I did my research and bought the iP3000.
>>I couldn't be happier.
>>

>Could you refill the ink for iP3000? Thanks
>
>Ar Q

Of course and depending what you use it could clog as well.
0
measekite
4/30/2005 2:24:33 PM
Again, I find myself agreeing with Measekite!  Either I am slipping or he is
becoming more reasonable.  Please excuse my repeating an old, long post as
we have someone with legitimate questions about printer maintenance and use
of third party inks.

Inkjet printers have the potential to get clogged heads with their own brand
inks as well as quality aftermarket inks. The two major issues are 1) the
quality of the aftermarket inks and cartridges and 2) the frequency with
which you print. In addition, there is always some buildup of dried ink on
the underside of printheads that can sometimes cause clogs with months or
years of normal, regular use. Since you are interested in your supplies
beyond just going to the store and buying Canon cartridges it would be a
good idea to become more educated regarding these printers, inks and
cartridges. Measekite is right that there are some poor quality inks out
there, but he is critical of all the vendors, small businesses that
repackage other brand inks and sell them with their own labels on the
internet, and he writes about them in a disparaging manner. Moreover, he has
never used these products and yet makes authoritative statements based on
what he has selectively gleaned from reading posts on newsgroups. Although
few of the vendors advertise which inks they are selling, you can call or
email them and ask, if you so desire. I have personally used MIS inks to
refill Canon carts and have been very happy with the product (which I have
been told is Image Specialist ink). Look through this newsgroup for posts by
many third party ink users, including Ron Cohen and Taliesyn, for info about
their personal excellent experiences with third party inks. Following are a
few sites that have excellent information by people who don't just give you
their opinionated response - they have used these products successfully, and
they also report when they have had problems. Neil Slade's info on Canon
printers, papers, and inks is at www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff .

Then follow the link he gives near the top of that site to
www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/  for the forum on ink jet stuff. Lots of
information there as well. It's a good idea to know how to trouble shoot
printer problems that can occur with any ink, OEM or third party, and that
information is on those sites. Sensient Formulabs inks are available bulk
and also in prefilled cartridges, and this ink has quite a good reputation
with people who have used it and reported on this and other forums. In
addition to the site often noted by Measekite (not a personal endorsement as
he has never used aftermarket inks) Formulabs ink is in cartridges sold by
Alotofthings (their Arrow carts, not Rainbow), Weink (carts that have the
CRU id in their product listings), and, I have been told, Wiredbeans carts
which are available on ebay. You can contact each of them to verify that
their cartridges are filled with Formulabs inks before purchasing. Do sign
in to the Nifty-stuff forum and ask any questions of them that you wish.
They are very helpful. There are also some extremely helpful participants on
this newsgroup as well. Read all info, both pro and con, and make up your
own mind. Don't be put off by rants and invective.

0
Burt
4/30/2005 3:33:04 PM

Burt wrote:

>Again, I find myself agreeing with Measekite!  Either I am slipping or he is
>becoming more reasonable.  Please excuse my repeating an old, long post as
>we have someone with legitimate questions about printer maintenance and use
>of third party inks.
>
>Inkjet printers have the potential to get clogged heads with their own brand
>inks as well as quality aftermarket inks. The two major issues are 1) the
>quality of the aftermarket inks and cartridges and 2) the frequency with
>which you print. In addition, there is always some buildup of dried ink on
>the underside of printheads that can sometimes cause clogs with months or
>years of normal, regular use. Since you are interested in your supplies
>beyond just going to the store and buying Canon cartridges it would be a
>good idea to become more educated regarding these printers, inks and
>cartridges. Measekite is right that there are some poor quality inks out
>there, but he is critical of all the vendors, small businesses that
>repackage other brand inks and sell them with their own labels on the
>internet, and he writes about them in a disparaging manner. Moreover, he has
>never used these products and yet makes authoritative statements based on
>what he has selectively gleaned from reading posts on newsgroups. Although
>few of the vendors advertise which inks they are selling, you can call or
>email them and ask, if you so desire.

Some will refurse to tell you.

>I have personally used MIS inks to
>refill Canon carts and have been very happy with the product (which I have
>been told is Image Specialist ink). Look through this newsgroup for posts by
>many third party ink users, including Ron Cohen and Taliesyn, for info about
>their personal excellent experiences with third party inks. Following are a
>few sites that have excellent information by people who don't just give you
>their opinionated response - they have used these products successfully, and
>they also report when they have had problems. Neil Slade's info on Canon
>printers, papers, and inks is at www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff .
>
>Then follow the link he gives near the top of that site to
>www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/  for the forum on ink jet stuff. Lots of
>information there as well. It's a good idea to know how to trouble shoot
>printer problems that can occur with any ink, OEM or third party, and that
>information is on those sites. Sensient Formulabs inks are available bulk
>and also in prefilled cartridges, and this ink has quite a good reputation
>with people who have used it and reported on this and other forums. In
>addition to the site often noted by Measekite (not a personal endorsement as
>he has never used aftermarket inks) Formulabs ink is in cartridges sold by
>Alotofthings (their Arrow carts, not Rainbow),

alofotcrap is unprofessional.  they  did upgrade their website and now
has a webstore.  they now have 2 webstores and charge different prices
on each

> Weink (carts that have the
>CRU id in their product listings),

WeStink is a hawker trying to screw you on price.  Why buy a no name
prefilled ink cart for $7.00 when you can buy Canon OEM from Costco for
$9.00.

>and, I have been told,
>

>Wiredbeans carts
>which are available on ebay.

Do not know much about them but I do not like the setup on eBay.

>You can contact each of them to verify that
>their cartridges are filled with Formulabs inks before purchasing.

Why should you have to contact anyone to find out what is in the box.
The box should be properly labeled and the webstore should properly in
writing tell you what you are buying.

>Do sign
>in to the Nifty-stuff forum and ask any questions of them that you wish.
>They are very helpful. There are also some extremely helpful participants on
>this newsgroup as well. Read all info, both pro and con, and make up your
>own mind. Don't be put off by rants and invective.

I do read the info on those sites.  As a matter of fact it was on
nifty-stuff that I learned that inkgrabber.com has had poor batches of
yellow ink that clogged print heads.  And they did admit it also.  Now
many people were scared when the next batch would be bad and what color
would be next.

We need government regulation of ink standards like we have of gas.
Plus a truth in labeling law.  People should feel as comfortable in
buying aftermarket ink as they do in using generic drugs.

All the major OEMs need to do to weed out the hawkers and whores is to
low the cartridge price to $5.00.  I believe they can afford to do this
and still make a profit.

0
measekite

> Ar Q wrote:
>
> >"Mapanari" <whosthat@anonmail.com> wrote in message
> >

> >>trichard <trichard@nowhere.net> wrotenews:eLidnXEQasywW_jfRVn-
> >>ug@forethought.net:

Epson

> >>I too am an Epson refugee, for all those reasons above and because I
> >>emailed them about my print heads being inoperative after spending hours
> >>cleaning etc, and no answer.
> >>I figure, if my unit is always clogging up, drying up, printing badly
and
> >>then no answer, screw them, I'll try someone else.
> >>I did my research and bought the iP3000.
> >>I couldn't be happier.
> >>

> >Could you refill the ink for iP3000? Thanks
> >
> >Ar Q
> >

> Of course and depending what you use it could clog as well.

I saw Best Buy has a sale on Canon iP6000 this week. Do the good things you
said regarding iP3000 also apply to iP6000?
Thanks.

0
Ar
4/30/2005 10:57:12 PM

Ar Q wrote:

>>Ar Q wrote:
>>

>>>"Mapanari" <whosthat@anonmail.com> wrote in message

>Epson

>many

>and

>>>Could you refill the ink for iP3000? Thanks
>>>
>>>Ar Q
>>>

>>Of course and depending what you use it could clog as well.
>>

>I saw Best Buy has a sale on Canon iP6000 this week. Do the good things you
>said regarding iP3000 also apply to iP6000?
>Thanks.

I would buy an IP4000 over the IP6000 unless you plan on printing and
editing without a computer.  The IP 4000 will produce about the same
photo prints and substantially better business documents.  Other than
the ability to do some minor editing without a computer there is no
other reason I can think of to get one.

Watch the sales at Fry's.  About once a month they have the IP4000 $150
list with an instant store rebate of $30 and a Canon rebate of $20.00
netting the printer at $100.00.  That is the best price I have seen them
for.

0
measekite
5/1/2005 1:25:26 AM
> >I saw Best Buy has a sale on Canon iP6000 this week. Do the good things
you
> >said regarding iP3000 also apply to iP6000?
> >Thanks.
> >

> I would buy an IP4000 over the IP6000 unless you plan on printing and
> editing without a computer.  The IP 4000 will produce about the same
> photo prints and substantially better business documents.  Other than
> the ability to do some minor editing without a computer there is no
> other reason I can think of to get one.
>
> Watch the sales at Fry's.  About once a month they have the IP4000 $150
> list with an instant store rebate of $30 and a Canon rebate of $20.00
> netting the printer at $100.00.  That is the best price I have seen them
> for.

I saw this week OfficeMax has iP4000 on sale at $100 while Officedepot at
$110. By the way, after carefully studying the difference among Canon
printers, I found only iP4000 meet my need since my computer runs Win98 and
uses Parallel interface. Thanks again.

0
Ar
5/1/2005 1:50:01 AM
"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrotenews:TfGce.1682$pe3.33
@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

> "Mapanari" <whosthat@anonmail.com> wrote in message
>> trichard <trichard@nowhere.net> wrotenews:eLidnXEQasywW_jfRVn-
>> ug@forethought.net:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > We recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP3000.  It's the first printer we
>> > have bought since a bad experience with an Epson Stylus 800.
>> >
>> > The Espon would constantly have problems with dried up ink cartridges,
>> > nozzles clogged, etc.  We were told by many people (including some
Epson
>> > sales reps) that we should turn the printer off to preserve cartridge
>> > life.  While this helped (only marginally I might add) we still had
many
>> > problems.
>> >
>> > I am hoping someone might have the Canon iP3000 Pixma and be willing
>> > share with us any advice or tips on general maintenace of the printer.
>> > It doesn't get heavy use in our household (maybe 3-4 times per week).
>> > Would it be worthwhile to turn the printer off when not in use or does
>> > it matter?
>> >
>> > Any reason to close the paper trays (input or output) as well when not
>> > in use?
>> >
>> > Thanks very much for any help...
>> >
>> > trichard
>>

>> I too am an Epson refugee, for all those reasons above and because I
>> emailed them about my print heads being inoperative after spending hours
>> cleaning etc, and no answer.
>> I figure, if my unit is always clogging up, drying up, printing badly
and
>> then no answer, screw them, I'll try someone else.
>> I did my research and bought the iP3000.
>> I couldn't be happier.
>>

> Could you refill the ink for iP3000? Thanks
>
> Ar Q

One of the main reasons why I bought it.  It's ridicously easy.

And if refilling is some boogerman-type of nono with you, I've found carts
on the net around $5.00 apiece, .000034 Euros to you!  <s>

If I had to buy my carts in europe it would cost me $30 each using our
useless worthless, rapidly declining dollar.

--
---Mapanari---
0

> Ar Q wrote:
>
>>"Mapanari" <whosthat@anonmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>>>trichard <trichard@nowhere.net> wrotenews:eLidnXEQasywW_jfRVn-
>>>ug@forethought.net:

Epson

>>>I too am an Epson refugee, for all those reasons above and because I
>>>emailed them about my print heads being inoperative after spending hours
>>>cleaning etc, and no answer.
>>>I figure, if my unit is always clogging up, drying up, printing badly
and
>>>then no answer, screw them, I'll try someone else.
>>>I did my research and bought the iP3000.
>>>I couldn't be happier.
>>>

>>Could you refill the ink for iP3000? Thanks
>>
>>Ar Q
>>

> Of course and depending what you use it could clog as well.

Says the company ink cart maker shill who lurks on this group, always
attempting to warn people away from refilling their ink carts....as he
cackles with glee at the 6000% profit margin on ink carts that foolish
people buy.
--
---Mapanari---
0

> Ar Q wrote:
>
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>Epson

>>many

>>and

>>>Of course and depending what you use it could clog as well.
>>>

>>I saw Best Buy has a sale on Canon iP6000 this week. Do the good things
you
>>said regarding iP3000 also apply to iP6000?
>>Thanks.
>>

> I would buy an IP4000 over the IP6000 unless you plan on printing and
> editing without a computer.  The IP 4000 will produce about the same
> photo prints and substantially better business documents.  Other than
> the ability to do some minor editing without a computer there is no
> other reason I can think of to get one.
>
> Watch the sales at Fry's.  About once a month they have the IP4000 $150
> list with an instant store rebate of $30 and a Canon rebate of $20.00
> netting the printer at $100.00.  That is the best price I have seen them
> for.

Actually, consumer reports lists the 6000 way below the 4000.

I would have thought they used simular or same technology, just more bells
and whistles to justify higher price and larger model number, but I guess
not.
There is a clear diference in quality and speed according to them.

Interestingly enough, they didn't rate the iP3000, which is exactly the
same as the 4000 minus one black txt printing cart.

Frys had the iP4000 about a week ago for $100 after rebates.

I paid $59 for my iP3000 delivered to my door and no filthy sales tax to
help support illegal alien's health care and social security payments.

I figure the extra black cart is not worth $40 more.

--
---Mapanari---
0

Mapanari wrote:

>measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrotenews:aeWce.11322$J12.2331
>@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:
>

>>Ar Q wrote:
>>

>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>we

>cartridges,

>>>Epson

>>>many

>printer.

>does

>not

>hours

>>>and

>>>I saw Best Buy has a sale on Canon iP6000 this week. Do the good things
>>>

>you
>

>>>said regarding iP3000 also apply to iP6000?
>>>Thanks.
>>>

>>I would buy an IP4000 over the IP6000 unless you plan on printing and
>>editing without a computer.  The IP 4000 will produce about the same
>>photo prints and substantially better business documents.  Other than
>>the ability to do some minor editing without a computer there is no
>>other reason I can think of to get one.
>>
>>Watch the sales at Fry's.  About once a month they have the IP4000 $150
>>list with an instant store rebate of $30 and a Canon rebate of $20.00
>>netting the printer at $100.00.  That is the best price I have seen them
>>for.
>>

>Actually, consumer reports lists the 6000 way below the 4000.
>
>I would have thought they used simular or same technology, just more bells
>and whistles to justify higher price and larger model number, but I guess
>not.
>There is a clear diference in quality and speed according to them.
>
>Interestingly enough, they didn't rate the iP3000, which is exactly the
>same as the 4000 minus one black txt printing cart.

And for some reason it is somewhat slower.

>Frys had the iP4000 about a week ago for $100 after rebates.
>
>I paid $59 for my iP3000 delivered to my door and no filthy sales tax to
>help support illegal alien's health care and social security payments.
>
>I figure the extra black cart is not worth $40 more.

But it is.  The photo has more contrast and richer blacks and you do not
have to mix the colors to get black. The prints are much sharper and it
is worth $40.00 more.; some of which you will make up on the ink savings.
0
measekite
5/4/2005 12:46:35 AM
I hope you don't buy any fruit that's picked by, never use a hotel whose
rooms are cleaned by, or have a home that's cleaned by, never use a
convenience store that's manned by, or have children who are cared by,
and never buy any "made in the USA" clothing that's sewn together by one
of those "illegal aliens", and of course, like yourself, we all hope
you'll drop long before your social security clicks in.

Art

Mapanari wrote:

> I paid $59 for my iP3000 delivered to my door and no filthy sales tax to
> help support illegal alien's health care and social security payments.

0
Arthur
5/4/2005 1:16:07 PM
measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrotenews:LXUde.880$X21.359
@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

>>I figure the extra black cart is not worth $40 more.
>>

> But it is.  The photo has more contrast and richer blacks and you do not
> have to mix the colors to get black. The prints are much sharper and it
> is worth $40.00 more.; some of which you will make up on the ink savings.

I printed out a test photo that had plenty of black in it, and it was a
better photo than I could get from the photolab.

I'm happy,

And I don't care about ink, because one reason I bought this was becuase of
the ease of refilling the carts.
I have 80ml of each color and 120ml of black just sitting here waiting for my
first refill. I think it all cost me about $19.00.  I can refill about 4
times, 6 on the black.

--
---Mapanari---
0

> I hope you don't buy any fruit that's picked by, never use a hotel whose
> rooms are cleaned by, or have a home that's cleaned by, never use a
> convenience store that's manned by, or have children who are cared by,
> and never buy any "made in the USA" clothing that's sewn together by one
> of those "illegal aliens", and of course, like yourself, we all hope
> you'll drop long before your social security clicks in.
>
> Art
>
> Mapanari wrote:

I wouldn't mind paying 5% more on those goods and items becuase it would
mean that young black americans and poor white real americans would get
those jobs.

Every  illegal aliens lowers wages, benefits and screws the inner city poor
badly.
They also cost us more than they give to the economy, with over 50% of all
federal prisoners being illegal aliens, and in my city, over 60% of all the
school children in our public schools are illegals, who don't pay taxes and
who send a lot of their money home, which doesn't re-circulate in our
economy.

See, son, it's supply and demand.  The dirty companies and lobbyists for
big business keep paying off our congreesmen and presidents to keep the
borders open, and that keeps wages low and benefits non-existent and takes
the power away from the people and the worker and puts it into the hands of
the industrialists and politicians.

And when you need to get medical care, schools, social security payouts and
disablility, welfare and food stamps for illegals, why, you just raise
taxes on the very people you're fucking up the ass, the Ameican middle and
poor classes!

What a winning statagy!  We, the people, are paying high taxes to lower our
wages and make our retirments into a cat-food-eating daily existence.

--
---Mapanari---
0

Mapanari wrote:

>measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrotenews:LXUde.880$X21.359
>@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:
>

>>>I figure the extra black cart is not worth $40 more.
>>>

>>But it is.  The photo has more contrast and richer blacks and you do not
>>have to mix the colors to get black. The prints are much sharper and it
>>is worth $40.00 more.; some of which you will make up on the ink savings.
>>

>I printed out a test photo that had plenty of black in it, and it was a
>better photo than I could get from the photolab.
>
>I'm happy,
>
>And I don't care about ink, because one reason I bought this was becuase of
>the ease of refilling the carts.
>I have 80ml of each color and 120ml of black just sitting here waiting for my
>first refill. I think it all cost me about $19.00.  I can refill about 4
>times, 6 on the black.

What is the BRAND and where did you get it?
0
measekite
5/8/2005 1:47:38 AM
Mapanari <whosthat@anonmail.com> wrote:

>Every  illegal aliens lowers wages, benefits and screws the inner city poor
>badly.

They also tend to cause rents to go up.
--
I used to think that most MDs were incompetent morons.  I was wrong,
they are actually very intelligent and good at what they do which is
make lots of money and get lots of prestige by shoveling enormous
amounts of BS very, very rapidly.

Daniel
5/8/2005 4:34:51 AM
I live in a country that encourages immigration, and recognizes their
value.  We have few illegals because we welcome most.  Our economy is
clearly much better than yours, our prisons aren't full of illegal
aliens because we don't criminalize them in the same manner you do.

So what if the people get educated in the US. So what if they send some
money back to their families in developing countries.  It's a type of
"foreign aid" which provides benefits to both the US and to the counties
the people come from.

And besides that, 5% wouldn't be enough to make the difference in labor
costs because on each level their is a mark up, so even if at
manufacturing or whathaveyou, the difference was 5% (and it's much more)
by the time it got to the retail level it would be more like 25-35% (ask
Walmart).

I find the "big talkers" are rarely the big walkers.  You claim you'd
pay 5% more, but I bet you look for the lower priced stores to buy your
goods.  There are goods made in the USA in non-sweatshop, by non-illegal
businesses, so shop for your stuff there, if you are opposed.  You'll
pay 25-50% more, but you'll keep your integrity.  Personally, I don't
agree with either your logic or your sentiment, but if you wish to
follow through then live it.

Also, I do not believe your statistics on federal prisons is accurate
from my recall.  The majority of federal prison population is made up of
US citizens who are minorities.

In general, countries who have a large illegal immigrant population have
problems filling certain types of jobs that citizens simply do not want,
at any pay (within reason).  I say good for the new immigrants who are
willing to work hard to improve the lot of themselves and their families.

Art

Mapanari wrote:

> Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrotenews:rW3ee.34122$vN2.30292
> @clgrps13:
>

>>I hope you don't buy any fruit that's picked by, never use a hotel whose
>>rooms are cleaned by, or have a home that's cleaned by, never use a
>>convenience store that's manned by, or have children who are cared by,
>>and never buy any "made in the USA" clothing that's sewn together by one
>>of those "illegal aliens", and of course, like yourself, we all hope
>>you'll drop long before your social security clicks in.
>>
>>Art
>>
>>Mapanari wrote:
>>

> I wouldn't mind paying 5% more on those goods and items becuase it would
> mean that young black americans and poor white real americans would get
> those jobs.
>
> Every  illegal aliens lowers wages, benefits and screws the inner city poor
> badly.
> They also cost us more than they give to the economy, with over 50% of all
> federal prisoners being illegal aliens, and in my city, over 60% of all the
> school children in our public schools are illegals, who don't pay taxes and
> who send a lot of their money home, which doesn't re-circulate in our
> economy.
>
> See, son, it's supply and demand.  The dirty companies and lobbyists for
> big business keep paying off our congreesmen and presidents to keep the
> borders open, and that keeps wages low and benefits non-existent and takes
> the power away from the people and the worker and puts it into the hands of
> the industrialists and politicians.
>
> And when you need to get medical care, schools, social security payouts and
> disablility, welfare and food stamps for illegals, why, you just raise
> taxes on the very people you're fucking up the ass, the Ameican middle and
> poor classes!
>
> What a winning statagy!  We, the people, are paying high taxes to lower our
> wages and make our retirments into a cat-food-eating daily existence.

0
Arthur
5/8/2005 12:02:07 PM
On 2005-04-20 17:13 CEST, SleeperMan wrote:

> I use my ip4000 about at same rate..3-4 times per week. No problems so far,
> while at my old i550 there were also no problems regarding clogging, only
> head died after year and a half...

I am thinking about replacing my HP 990 with a Canon iP4000.
Did you ever print duplex text pages? I have heard that for duplex
printing the printer uses the "photo" black ink while for single side
printing it uses the pigmented black ink.

Do you see a considerable difference in quality between both black
inks while printing text?

Jochen
5/16/2005 6:06:03 PM
On 2005-04-20 17:13 CEST, SleeperMan wrote:

> I use my ip4000 about at same rate..3-4 times per week. No problems so far,
> while at my old i550 there were also no problems regarding clogging, only
> head died after year and a half...

It died after that short period? What was the problem?

Jochen
5/16/2005 6:09:55 PM
On 2005-04-20 17:14 CEST, SleeperMan wrote:

> did you ever hear of environment polluting? Doing this you waste precious
> energy and thus pollute the environment... ;-)

True but not serious. Power consumption is only 0.65W (standby).

Jochen
5/16/2005 6:15:48 PM
On 2005-05-04 00:21 CEST, Mapanari wrote:

> Interestingly enough, they didn't rate the iP3000, which is exactly the
> same as the 4000 minus one black txt printing cart.

And minus the parallel interface.

Jochen
5/16/2005 6:45:35 PM

Jochen Schmid wrote:

>On 2005-04-20 17:13 CEST, SleeperMan wrote:
>

>>I use my ip4000 about at same rate..3-4 times per week. No problems so far,
>>while at my old i550 there were also no problems regarding clogging, only
>>head died after year and a half...
>>

>I am thinking about replacing my HP 990 with a Canon iP4000.

I have both an HP990 and a Canon IP4000 side by side. With the Canon if
you choose plain paper the printer will use the pigmented cart.

>Did you ever print duplex text pages? I have heard that for duplex
>printing the printer uses the "photo" black ink while for single side
>printing it uses the pigmented black ink.
>
>Do you see a considerable difference in quality between both black
>inks while printing text?

The difference between the HP990 and the Canon IP4000 as far as ink goes
when printing on plain paper is as follows:

The HP draft mode looks almost the same quality as the Canon Standard
Mode.
The Canon Standard mode is almost as fast as the HP draft mode.
The Canon ink is much more smear resistant when using a highlighter.
The Canon does a better job on photos and is faster.
I do not use the dye based black when printing test because I choose
plain paper.  The paper choice is what controls which black is used.
0
measekite
5/16/2005 7:07:28 PM
I just replaced a 990 with a IP4000. Also have a IP3000. Both are much
quicker printers whether duplexing or not. I see no visible difference on
the 4000 between single and 2-sided prints of text and graphics. The 4000 is
a bit better quality using normal resolution than the 3000 is.

"Jochen Schmid" <pflhyfe5@gmx.net> wrote in message
> On 2005-04-20 17:13 CEST, SleeperMan wrote:
>
> > I use my ip4000 about at same rate..3-4 times per week. No problems so
far,
> > while at my old i550 there were also no problems regarding clogging,
only
> > head died after year and a half...
>
> I am thinking about replacing my HP 990 with a Canon iP4000.
> Did you ever print duplex text pages? I have heard that for duplex
> printing the printer uses the "photo" black ink while for single side
> printing it uses the pigmented black ink.
>
> Do you see a considerable difference in quality between both black
> inks while printing text?
>
> --

0
Dan
5/16/2005 10:38:35 PM

Dan G wrote:

>I just replaced a 990 with a IP4000. Also have a IP3000. Both are much
>quicker printers whether duplexing or not. I see no visible difference on
>the 4000 between single and 2-sided prints of text and graphics.
>

>The 4000 is
>a bit better quality using normal resolution than the 3000 is.

With text that seems strange.  When using plain paper setting they both
use the same Pigmented Black Cart.  Maybe the print head is different.

>"Jochen Schmid" <pflhyfe5@gmx.net> wrote in message
>

>>On 2005-04-20 17:13 CEST, SleeperMan wrote:
>>

>>>I use my ip4000 about at same rate..3-4 times per week. No problems so
>>>

>far,
>

>>>while at my old i550 there were also no problems regarding clogging,
>>>

>only
>

>>>head died after year and a half...
>>>

>>I am thinking about replacing my HP 990 with a Canon iP4000.
>>Did you ever print duplex text pages? I have heard that for duplex
>>printing the printer uses the "photo" black ink while for single side
>>printing it uses the pigmented black ink.
>>
>>Do you see a considerable difference in quality between both black
>>inks while printing text?
>>
>>--

0
measekite
5/17/2005 12:05:49 AM
Jochen Schmid wrote:

>On 2005-04-20 17:13 CEST, SleeperMan wrote:
>
>> I use my ip4000 about at same rate..3-4 times per week. No problems so far,
>> while at my old i550 there were also no problems regarding clogging, only
>> head died after year and a half...
>
>It died after that short period? What was the problem?

While they print nice photos, the Canon i-series printers have
printheads that are not permanent and do not last very long. They seem
to suffer from thermal damage and a group of nozzles will just quit
working.

I had a Canon i850 and its printhead failed after less than 5,000 pages
and 16 months. A friend with the i550 suffered the same loss after about
14 months and some 2,500 pages.

It's not at all uncommon...and it makes me wonder how many people have
put through 10,000-20,000+ pages without issues.
0
Bill
5/17/2005 1:14:49 AM
measekite <measekite@yahoo.com>
wrotenews:_cefe.14238$J12.8559@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

>>And I don't care about ink, because one reason I bought this was becuase
>>of the ease of refilling the carts.
>>I have 80ml of each color and 120ml of black just sitting here waiting
>>for my first refill. I think it all cost me about $19.00.  I can refill
>>about 4 times, 6 on the black.
>>

> What is the BRAND and where did you get it?

www.printerinkwarehouse.com

Used to be www.ink-refill-ink.com

I've used them for about 4 years now.

I order, and bam!  3 days later "Ding dong" Rrrrrum ruuuu...screach...." and
the UPS truck is already gone and there is a big envelope in my box.
--
---Mapanari---
0

> On 2005-05-04 00:21 CEST, Mapanari wrote:
>
>> Interestingly enough, they didn't rate the iP3000, which is exactly the
>> same as the 4000 minus one black txt printing cart.
>
> And minus the parallel interface.

Yup....for those Russians in Siberia who still use PP and Windows 95a.

--
---Mapanari---
0

Mapanari wrote:

>measekite <measekite@yahoo.com>
>wrotenews:_cefe.14238$J12.8559@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:
>

>>>And I don't care about ink, because one reason I bought this was becuase
>>>of the ease of refilling the carts.
>>>I have 80ml of each color and 120ml of black just sitting here waiting
>>>for my first refill. I think it all cost me about $19.00.  I can refill
>>>about 4 times, 6 on the black.
>>>

>>What is the BRAND and where did you get it?
>>

>www.printerinkwarehouse.com

It appears you are not able to answer the question as to the BRAND
because (like many other vendors who think compatible is a brand when it
is not even a label) the vendor does not publisize what you are buying.
All you know is that you bought something and maybe (nobody knows for
sure) the next batch you buy may be from some other source.

>Used to be www.ink-refill-ink.com
>
>I've used them for about 4 years now.
>
>I order, and bam!  3 days later "Ding dong" Rrrrrum ruuuu...screach...." and
>the UPS truck is already gone and there is a big envelope in my box.

0
measekite
5/17/2005 3:49:30 AM

Mapanari wrote:

>Jochen Schmid <pflhyfe5@gmx.net> wrotenews:d6apof$vq6$4@jupiter.r-ci.de:
>

>>On 2005-05-04 00:21 CEST, Mapanari wrote:
>>

>>>Interestingly enough, they didn't rate the iP3000, which is exactly the
>>>same as the 4000 minus one black txt printing cart.
>>>

>>And minus the parallel interface.

I don't know for sure but there may be a small difference in the printhead.

>Yup....for those Russians in Siberia who still use PP and Windows 95a.

0
measekite
5/17/2005 3:50:41 AM
On 2005-05-16 21:07 CEST, measekite wrote:

> I do not use the dye based black when printing test because I choose
> plain paper.  The paper choice is what controls which black is used.

Do I understand it right? If you select plain paper and duplex
printing the iP4000 uses pigment based ink like it does for single
side printing? Canon does not have this information on their web site
but other sources gave me the information that the printer uses dye
based ink for duplex printing because it dries faster.

Thank you for your input.

Jochen
5/17/2005 8:17:41 AM
On 2005-05-17 03:14 CEST, Bill wrote:

> It's not at all uncommon...and it makes me wonder how many people have
> put through 10,000-20,000+ pages without issues.

The service manual says something about 18,000 pages as printer
lifetime.

Jochen
5/17/2005 8:19:13 AM
On 2005-05-17 05:25 CEST, Mapanari wrote:

> Yup....for those Russians in Siberia who still use PP and Windows 95a.

Or those Europeans who want to attach the printer to an old notebook
(without USB port) running Linux.

You know what USB really means? (U)seless (S)erial (B)us.

Jochen
5/17/2005 8:21:40 AM

Jochen Schmid wrote:

>On 2005-05-16 21:07 CEST, measekite wrote:
>

>>I do not use the dye based black when printing test because I choose
>>plain paper.  The paper choice is what controls which black is used.
>>

>Do I understand it right? If you select plain paper and duplex
>printing the iP4000 uses pigment based ink like it does for single
>side printing? Canon does not have this information on their web site
>but other sources gave me the information that the printer uses dye
>based ink for duplex printing because it dries faster.
>
>Thank you for your input.

I believe that is correct.  You can adjust the time of drying in the driver.
0
measekite
5/17/2005 10:12:40 AM
That is correct. Plain paper mode uses pigment black. All other paper
selections do not use pigment black, but instead use photo black. If one
wanted to prove this it can be done by swapping the photo black tank with
one of the other colors. Print some large solids to purge the residual ink
and then run some tests. It wastes a bit of ink to do this, but it will show
the above to be a true statement.

Ron

> Jochen Schmid wrote:
>
>>On 2005-05-16 21:07 CEST, measekite wrote:
>>

>>>I do not use the dye based black when printing test because I choose
>>>plain paper.  The paper choice is what controls which black is used.
>>>

>>Do I understand it right? If you select plain paper and duplex
>>printing the iP4000 uses pigment based ink like it does for single
>>side printing? Canon does not have this information on their web site
>>but other sources gave me the information that the printer uses dye
>>based ink for duplex printing because it dries faster.
>>Thank you for your input.
>>

> I believe that is correct.  You can adjust the time of drying in the
> driver.

0
Ron
5/17/2005 6:33:25 PM
That's a whole lot of photo's. Don't worry about the printer life or cost.
Without even considering ink costs, just think of how expensive the paper
will be to print that quantity. <g>
Ron

> On 2005-05-17 03:14 CEST, Bill wrote:
>
>> It's not at all uncommon...and it makes me wonder how many people have
>> put through 10,000-20,000+ pages without issues.
>
> The service manual says something about 18,000 pages as printer
> lifetime.
>
> --

0
Ron
5/17/2005 6:38:37 PM
Jochen Schmid wrote:

>> It's not at all uncommon...and it makes me wonder how many people have
>> put through 10,000-20,000+ pages without issues.
>
>The service manual says something about 18,000 pages as printer
>lifetime.

Really...I'd like to get my hands on a service manual.

Unfortunately the owner's manual (or brochures) doesn't have any mention
of printer or printhead life other than to say the printhead is
"designed to last the life of the printer" - rather vague.
0
Bill
5/18/2005 12:45:47 AM
Ron Cohen wrote:

>That's a whole lot of photo's. Don't worry about the printer life or cost.

Unfortunately that's not photos though.

A single 4x6 photo is roughly equal to about what, say 20 pages
(100/5%=20), so the number of photos is only about 1,000 and then it's
time for a new printhead.

>Without even considering ink costs, just think of how expensive the paper
>will be to print that quantity. <g>

It's not that bad...about 10 cents per 4x6 sheet. Less if you buy 8.5x11
and cut down to size.
0
Bill
5/18/2005 12:45:47 AM
I guess you didn't notice the <g>. I guess I was a little to subtle on that
one.
Ron

"Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message news:SpSdndOzwvqmDRffRVn-tg@golden.net...
> Ron Cohen wrote:
>
>>That's a whole lot of photo's. Don't worry about the printer life or cost.
>
> Unfortunately that's not photos though.
>
> A single 4x6 photo is roughly equal to about what, say 20 pages
> (100/5%=20), so the number of photos is only about 1,000 and then it's
> time for a new printhead.
>
>>Without even considering ink costs, just think of how expensive the paper
>>will be to print that quantity. <g>
>
> It's not that bad...about 10 cents per 4x6 sheet. Less if you buy 8.5x11
> and cut down to size.

0
Ron
5/18/2005 1:16:40 AM
On 2005-05-17 20:33 CEST, Ron Cohen wrote:

> That is correct. Plain paper mode uses pigment black.

If that is also true for duplex prints on plain paper this may be my
next printer. Thank you.

Jochen
5/18/2005 7:56:54 PM
On 2005-05-18 02:45 CEST, Bill wrote:

> Really...I'd like to get my hands on a service manual.

<http://fileshare.eshop.bg/index.php?what=search>

Search for "iP4000".

> Unfortunately the owner's manual (or brochures) doesn't have any mention
> of printer or printhead life other than to say the printhead is
> "designed to last the life of the printer"

Or vice versa.

Jochen
5/18/2005 8:03:33 PM

Jochen Schmid wrote:

>On 2005-05-17 20:33 CEST, Ron Cohen wrote:
>

>>That is correct. Plain paper mode uses pigment black.
>>

>If that is also true for duplex prints on plain paper this may be my
>next printer. Thank you.

I am very well satisfied thus far (9 months).  I hope I do not have the
problems that people in this NG speak about.  I am hoping for 5 years
use from this printer.  By then there will probably be better technology
out on the market.
0
measekite
5/18/2005 10:01:11 PM
Ron Cohen wrote:

>>>Without even considering ink costs, just think of how expensive the paper
>>>will be to print that quantity. <g>
>>
>> It's not that bad...about 10 cents per 4x6 sheet. Less if you buy 8.5x11
>> and cut down to size.
>
>I guess you didn't notice the <g>. I guess I was a little to subtle on that
>one.

Oops...you're right, I didn't notice the grin the first time around. And
I should have known better...aren't you one of the no-name paper users?
0
Bill
5/18/2005 10:58:27 PM
Jochen Schmid wrote:

>> Really...I'd like to get my hands on a service manual.
>
><http://fileshare.eshop.bg/index.php?what=search>
>
>Search for "iP4000".

Excellent site for info...thanks.
0
Bill
5/18/2005 11:04:43 PM
"Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message news:scydnaydmdiRVxbfRVn-hw@golden.net...
> Jochen Schmid wrote:
>
>>> Really...I'd like to get my hands on a service manual.
>>
>><http://fileshare.eshop.bg/index.php?what=search>
>>
>>Search for "iP4000".
>
> Excellent site for info...thanks.

Geeze..

<quote>
1-3. Product Life (1) Printer Specified print volume
(I) Print volume A4, photo, borderless printing 300 pages

</quote>

300 pages? Is that all?

Oh and measekite - have a read of page 28 -

<quote>

2. CLEANING MODE AND AMOUNT OF INK PURGED

To prevent printing problems due to bubbles, dust, or ink clogging, print
head cleaning is performed before the start of printing, except in the
following cases:

- Cleaning on arrival: Performed when the access cover is closed.

- Cleaning by dot count: Performed after ejection of paper (or after
printing on the back side of paper when auto duplex printing is performed).

- Manual cleaning / deep cleaning: Performed manually.
</quote>

and

<quote>
Timer cleaning - 0*2 (Black only) If 24 to 60 hours have elapsed since the
previous Black cleaning till the start of the next printing.
</quote>

So, thats a clean cycle performed before each printjob, and a black clean
cycle every 24hours - seems like a huge waste of ink to me.....

0
Ivor
5/18/2005 11:41:30 PM
"Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message news:1qCdnRNb46cOVRbfRVn-3w@golden.net...

>>> It's not that bad...about 10 cents per 4x6 sheet. Less if you buy 8.5x11
>>> and cut down to size.
>>
>>I guess you didn't notice the <g>. I guess I was a little to subtle on
>>that
>>one.
>
> Oops...you're right, I didn't notice the grin the first time around. And
> I should have known better...aren't you one of the no-name paper users?

Pretty much, since I don't use Canon photo paper. Mainly, I use Office Depot
Premium High Gloss, Red River UltraPro and some discontinued Georgia Pacific
Professional Photo Paper along with a bunch of other papers I bought to
sample. I often get carried away buying too much paper, but probably that's
due to having owned several offset print shops where I bought LOTS of paper.
Old habits are hard to break.

Ron

0
Ron
5/19/2005 12:01:09 AM
Ivor Floppy wrote:

><quote>
>1-3. Product Life (1) Printer Specified print volume
>(I) Print volume A4, photo, borderless printing 300 pages
>
></quote>
>
>300 pages? Is that all?

That's part of a combined total, not an absolute amount. And the printer
itself may last a lot longer, if the printhead is replaced (not cost
effective though).

Why they quote the same values for both printer and printhead is beyond
me though. The mechanical design of the printers are typical, and should
last for more than 18,000 pages total. <shrug>

>So, thats a clean cycle performed before each printjob, and a black clean
>cycle every 24hours - seems like a huge waste of ink to me.....

I found the Canon's do suck a lot of ink through the cleaning station.

It explains why the volume of ink in their cartridges is so high. And
based on page yields, the Canon ink tanks are not money-savers as the
marketing info suggests, and that's why I refilled the ink tanks.
0
Bill
5/19/2005 1:07:24 AM
On 2005-05-19 00:01 CEST, measekite wrote:

> I am very well satisfied thus far (9 months).

Today my HP failed while printing an important document. Print head
failure of th color cartridge. I had the choice of buying a new
cartridge or buying a new printer. I chose the second option -- Canon
iP4000.

Jochen
5/19/2005 10:01:09 PM

Jochen Schmid wrote:

>On 2005-05-19 00:01 CEST, measekite wrote:
>

>>I am very well satisfied thus far (9 months).
>>

>Today my HP failed while printing an important document. Print head
>failure of th color cartridge. I had the choice of buying a new
>cartridge or buying a new printer. I chose the second option -- Canon
>iP4000.

You made a great choice.  It is a great printer.
0
measekite
5/20/2005 3:13:12 PM
measekite <measekite@yahoo.com>
wrotenews:eRdie.623$kj7.141@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

> It appears you are not able to answer the question as to the BRAND
> because (like many other vendors who think compatible is a brand when it
> is not even a label) the vendor does not publisize what you are buying.
> All you know is that you bought something and maybe (nobody knows for
> sure) the next batch you buy may be from some other source.
>
>>Used to be www.ink-refill-ink.com
>>
>>I've used them for about 4 years now.
>>
>>I order, and bam!  3 days later "Ding dong" Rrrrrum ruuuu...screach...."
>>and the UPS truck is already gone and there is a big envelope in my box.

Sorry, I don't think they have any Monster Ink or Super Duper Sony Ink or
Safeway Frozen Treats Ink.

--
---Mapanari---
0

Canon Pixma IP3000 printer ink question
Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2 different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk and the BCI-6. The BCI-3eBK seems to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6. Anyone got a clue what the difference is? Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson? -- What am I selling on ebay right now? http://tinyurl.com/38yjc Earn money reading emails! http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm Simon Finnigan wrote: >Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but s...

No canon pixma ip3000 printer drivers for linux
Canon does not have linux driver for pixma ip3000 printer. I tried i250 driver but it didn't work. When I ask for a test page nothing happens: the printer's light starts blinking, but no page came out. Is there a workaround? Is there a open source linux driver for Canon pixma ip3000 printer? ...

linux & canon pixma ip3000 printer
My hp deskjet 920c broke during printjob (second hp printer with lifespan of less then 2 yrs) and i would like to buy a new color inktjet printer and preferbaly not HP, the inktcartridges cost to much too. The Canon Pixma IP3000 caught my eye and it will probably will work very good with winxp, but i have dual boot pc (winxp & fedora core3) and i would like to use the printer with linux as well. If i can't print photos or cd-roms with linux thats ok, but i would very much like to print colored text and agenda (from korganizer) and the likes. The information about canon printers ...

Warning about Canon PIXMA iP3000/iP4000 series printers
We were considering buying a Canon PIXMA iP3000 because these are the first printers we have ever seen that finally quit ripping people off quite so much on ink. The whole printer ink jet market, until now, has been a scam, making you spend an average of $40-$60 buy new print heads and cartridges for all three colors because one color runs out. That is like having to replace your gas tank, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, windshield washer tank and wiper motors, because you ran out of gas or got too low on radiator fluid. Oh, and by the way, there are no gauges, or transparent tanks, and no ...

Russian website which had a service manual for the Canon Pixma IP3000 bubblejet printer.
Hello all. Some of the long standing subscribers to this news group will probably remember details of this Russian website. I'm probably going back more than one year. Thanks in advance for that info. BTW, any other source of supply will be appreciated. Sylvain. If you fancy a good ol' browse have a look on the old boards, the one before this came into being... here's the link http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/forum39.html... Note:This is read only davy Did you mean this one - 'Service Manuals' (http://www.eserviceinfo.com/) "...

My Canon Pixma IP3000 printer will no longer feed glossy photo paper.
Hello all. As per subject line. It happened previously a short time ago, and I did what is recommended in the IP4000 manual (pdf., downloaded.): Press "Resume button", allow LED light to flash 3 times, release button, It worked then. When I tried the printer again, after a few weeks, the photo paper would not feed. I re-tried cleaning the paper feed rollers, as above, but that didn't work this time. I've had this printer just before it stopped becoming available in the UK, but I haven't used it very much. Will it help to grease or oil some mechanical parts...

Question about the waste ink tank in Canon IP5000 (and other Canon printers)
I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the printer, and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are replaced. So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridges with new ones before an error message appears saying the tank is full? Anyone taken a printer to Canon to have the tank emptied? How much did they charge? The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time intervals and when requested by the user. The deep cleaning routines use the most ink. There have been many discussions on this newsgroup and in other forums about the 'waste ink tank is full' messages and how to reset the printer. Taking the printer to a repair facility may end up costing nearly as much as a new printer. The tank isn't a bottle or container as the name implies. It is an absorbent pad. If you don't go overboard with deep cleaning cycles the chances are good that you'll not ever see this message for your printer. -- Ron "Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message news:42eb7fa8$0$78157$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the > printer, > and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are > replaced. > So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridg...

Canon PIXMA ip3000
For the interested, CompUSA now has the Canon ip3000; the ip4000 can't be too far behind in availability. ...

Canon Catrige 41 & 40 question Canon Pixma MP160 ink out
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0102_01CAC82E.D2499950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I manually refilled these 2 carts and they work fine, but the printer = monitor still indicates ink is out. Is there a chip inside the carts that need to be reset? Can I reset them through the printer software? Thanks in advance ------=_NextPart_000_0102_01CAC82E.D2499950 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DO...

Canon Printer Question
I have just bought a Canon i450 printer. (PC Win 98 SE with USB connection) It works great, but what is the annoying"mechanical cycle" it goes through for about a minute everytime I have finished a print. Before I call Canon and whinge, does anyone have any similar experiences, or is it a faulty printer? "LGordon" <Lindsay.J.Gordon@team.telstra.com> wrote in message news:bhbog8$1lr$1@mws-stat-syd.cdn.telstra.com.au... > I have just bought a Canon i450 printer. > (PC Win 98 SE with USB connection) > It works great, but what is the annoying&quo...

Canon Pixma iP4500 vs Canon Pixma iP4600
Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's model of the 4500? Thanks RDOC wrote: > Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's > model of the 4500? Thanks > I think you will find them to be very similar. There is, however, one significant difference. The 4500 ink tanks are readily available from a range of suppliers as the chips on the ink tanks have been " cracked." If you buy the 4600 you are currently tied in to buying only genuine Canon replacement ink tanks. There is a significant price diff...

Canon Pixma Mp830 Printer
Canon PIXMA MX700 Office All-On-One Inkjet Printer Price:$199.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000V2TTNG Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000V2TTNG Canon Pixma MX850 Office All-In-One Inkjet Printer (2436B002) Price:$329.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0012S75NE Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0012S75NE Genuine Canon 5 Ink Cartridge Set for IP4200 IP4300 IP4500 IP5200 IP5200R MP500 MP530 MP600 MP610 MP800 MP800R MP810 MP830 MX850 Price:$64.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001HKQDJE Best d...

Canon ip865 and Pixma ip3000
Would someone confirm whether or not the Canon Pixma ip3000 is an advanced version of the Canon ip865, which is the European version of the ip860. If that is the case, any further developments re- the ip3000 would be appreciated. Thanks, Emrys Davies. IP4000 is. Emrys Davies wrote: >Would someone confirm whether or not the Canon Pixma ip3000 is an >advanced version of the Canon ip865, which is the European version of >the ip860. > >If that is the case, any further developments re- the ip3000 would be >appreciated. > >Thanks, >Emrys Davies. > > > > Emrys Davies wrote: >Would someone confirm whether or not the Canon Pixma ip3000 is an >advanced version of the Canon ip865, which is the European version of >the ip860. Close. The iP4000 is the direct replacement model for the i860, while the iP3000 is the replacement for the i560. >If that is the case, any further developments re- the ip3000 would be >appreciated. Do you mean features? If so, the 3000 adds an automatic duplex unit and a second paper tray on the bottom like the HP models. Other than that, they're pretty similar. "Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message news:iOSdnf7kq9x-jzPfRVn-qg@golden.net... > Emrys Davies wrote: > > >Would someone confirm whether or not the Canon Pixma ip3000 is an > >advanced version of the Canon ip865, which is the European version of > >th...

Canon Pixma Printer Ink
5-Pack Non-OEM Ink w/ Chip for Canon PGI-5BK CLI-8 Pixma MP500 MP530 MP600 MP800 iP4200 iP4300 iP4500 iP5200 iP5200 Price:$8.91 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IO6DEY Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IO6DEY Canon Pixma Pro9000 Professional Large Format Inkjet Printer (9995A001) Price:$499.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000J1HPK8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000J1HPK8 6 Pack (3xBlack + 1 of Each Color) Compatible Ink w/ Chip for Canon Pixma iP3300 iP3500 MP510 MX700 PGI-5BK CLI-8 Price:$21.45 Image: http://bestdea...

Canon Pixma MP520 question
Hello A friend has an MP 520 and wants to print on 10" by 7" paper - there appears to be no custom size setting in the driver menu. Can this printer have paper size set to custom sizes? If so, where's the appropriate command? Regards John ...

Canon Pixma Mp160 Printer
Canon Pixma MP470 Photo All-In-One Inkjet Printer (2177B002) Price:$99.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000SQ5N4Y Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000SQ5N4Y Genuine Canon PG-40 CL-41 Ink Cartridge Set for Pixma ip1600 ip1700 ip1800 ip2600 MP140 MP150 MP160 MP170 MP180 MP190 MP210 MP450 MP460 MP470 MX300 MX310 Price:$56.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0025HW7FC Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0025HW7FC Canon Pixma MP210 Photo All-In-One Inkjet Printer (2175B002) Price:$79.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0...

Canon Pixma Ip5000 Printer
Canon Compatible (9) Pack BCI-3eBk/BCI-6 (3BCI-3eBk / 2BCI-6C/2BCI-6M/2BCI-6Y) for Canon i560 etc Price:$75.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000C159LW Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000C159LW 15 Pack Canon BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$13.50 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IT224Y Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IT224Y 20 Pack BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$22.95 Image: http://bestdealfin...

Canon Pixma Photo Printer
Canon PIXMA MX860 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer Price:$199.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001R4C5BK Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001R4C5BK Canon MP480 All-in-One Photo Printer Price:$99.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6BW8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6BW8 Canon iP4600 Inkjet Photo Printer (2909B002) Price:$99.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6DH6 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6DH6 Canon MP980 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer Price:$349.00 Image: ht...

Canon Pixma Ip1600 Printer
Genuine Canon PG-40 CL-41 Ink Cartridge Set for Pixma ip1600 ip1700 ip1800 ip2600 MP140 MP150 MP160 MP170 MP180 MP190 MP210 MP450 MP460 MP470 MX300 MX310 Price:$56.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0025HW7FC Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0025HW7FC Canon Pixma iP1800 Photo Inkjet Printer (1855B002) Price:$49.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000NNCL3I Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000NNCL3I Black Ink Refill Kit for Canon PG-30 PG-37 PG-40 PG-50 Cartridges Price:$4.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001VIFL4K Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001VIFL4K INKTANK PG-40 &amp; CL-41 combo pack for Canon Pixma iP1600, Pixma iP1700, Pixma iP1800, Pixma MP140, Pixma MP150, Pixma MP160, Pixma MP170, Pixma MP180, Pixma MP210, Pixma MP450, Pixma MP460, Pixma MP470, Pixma MX300, Pixma MX310 Price:$28.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001ONRMT4 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001ONRMT4 Color Ink Refill Kit for Canon CL-31 CL-38 CL-41 and CL-51 Inkjet Cartridges Price:$4.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001W2GZAE Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001W2GZAE New Original/Genuine/OEM/Authentic Canon tri-color CL-4l/CL4l --- print ink toner cartridge compatible for Canon PIXMA iP1600 iP1700 iP1800 iP2600 MP150 MP160 MP170 MP180 MP210 MP450 MP460 MP470 MX300 MX310 ribbon FAX all-in...

Canon I860 printer questions
I'm thinking of buying this tonight. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions? I will be using it for school. Could someone tell me the best type of paper to use or at least a good paper to use for printing text and pictures from the internet? TIA lordmajax wrote: >I'm thinking of buying this tonight. I was wondering if anyone had any >opinions? I will be using it for school. Could someone tell me the best type >of paper to use or at least a good paper to use for printing text and >pictures from the internet? TIA For basic text and graphics, any coated p...

Canon Pixma iP4600 Printer
Does anyone have experience of using this model of USB connected printer on Iyonix (RISC OS 5.13) ? So far I have tried with the printer plugged into the Iyonix on boot up. The computer does its POST, but stops at the "no keyboard" message and sits for a good minute, before continuing to the Desktop, but without any extras loaded (I have a Filer window open, and AppDoc load on boot). After a further half minute or so the hard disc runs and boot completes. However the machine locks up almost as soon as I try to do anything, such as open a directory, or run !Printers, and I end up hi...

Canon PIXMA iP2600 (printer)
Hi folks, I was wondering if there was any word on when a driver will be developed for this printer. I just bought this printer but it (obviously) only comes with Windows and Mac drivers. I checked the CUPS website and couldn't find anything. The printer is recognized by my Fedora 10 machine as I do have it physically setup properly with the USB and power cables. Thanks if anyone can help! http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=184&modelid=16278 Hi :) Check this link and you'll find the linux drivers for this printer...

new Canon printers
Hi all, how do you feel about the new Canon printers, e.g. comparing the current i560 and its successor iP3000? Two paper slots, cd printing, higher weight - everything sounds better than the current model!? How about the new print head in 'FINE': Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering? Will it offer better or worse quality? How about refilled ink? How about refilling itself? I suppose it's too early for practical experiences, since the models will ship from August on - but maybe there are some early test reviews? Kind regards Martin Didn&#...

Web resources about - Canon Pixma iP3000 questions... - comp.periphs.printers

HSBC banking app replacing passwords & memorable questions with Touch ID and voice-recognition
HSBC has told the BBC that it is going all-in on biometric security, replacing both passwords and memorable questions with a combination of Touch ...

Submit your questions for Autoblog Podcast #467
Filed under: Podcasts On Episode #467 of the Autoblog Podcast, we'll discuss our the Volvo V90 and the return of the Renault Alpine.

The king of the birthers says leaders shouldn't question a man's faith. Seriously?
The king of the birthers says leaders shouldn't question a man's faith. Seriously? by digby Not that this will hurt him, of course: Pope Francis ...

Ryan Reynolds helped Katie Holmes answer an age-old 'Dawson's Creek' question
Katie Holmes got some unexpected help in answering a question about who the better kisser was on "Dawson's Creek" during an appearance on CBS's ...

Pope Francis Questions Trump’s Christianity, Trump Fights Back
'For a religious leader to question a person's faith is disgraceful'

Cautious Marco Rubio avoids another disaster by refusing questions at 'town halls'
The town hall tradition in American politics is a revered one, where the people can come together with elected officials or with candidates for ...

'The Flash' Season 2 Spoilers: 7 Burning Questions We Have After Watching Episode 14
Here are seven burning questions we need answered after watching season 2, episode 14 of "The Flash," titled "Escape from Earth-2."

3 Questions To Ask A Friend Editing Your Resume Besides 'Are There Any Typos?'
Three questions to ask anyone reviewing your resume before submitting it to a company with job openings.

Bill de Blasio Equivocates on Katz's vs. Carnegie Question, Claims to Enjoy All Sandwiches
This afternoon, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s Twitter account posted the above photo of a sandwich at the recently reopened Carnegie Deli, ...