Canon Pixma iP4000 & 5000 CD/DVD printing -In Canada

Can anyone comment -for certain- if the new Cannon Pixma line
(4000/5000) is able to print directly on CD/DVD's?

There seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty about this. Originally it
seemed as though only UK models did, but now I've heard rumors that the
North America versions can as well....
Anyone own one of these, and can say for sure?

TIA,

Bertrand

0
bertrandr

I have both the ip3000 and ip4000...neither can print to CD.  Frustrating
because you can see where the CD tray would fit into it :-(

Jeff H

<bertrandr@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone comment -for certain- if the new Cannon Pixma line
> (4000/5000) is able to print directly on CD/DVD's?
>
> There seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty about this. Originally it
> seemed as though only UK models did, but now I've heard rumors that the
> North America versions can as well....
> Anyone own one of these, and can say for sure?
>
> TIA,
>
> Bertrand

0
Jeff
10/27/2004 6:58:46 PM
Thanks for the reply,

When & where did you buy them?
How are the printers otherwise, I hear they are quite a good (value)...
BR

0
bertrandr
10/27/2004 7:36:50 PM
<bertrandr@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone comment -for certain- if the new Cannon Pixma line
> (4000/5000) is able to print directly on CD/DVD's?
>
> There seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty about this. Originally it
> seemed as though only UK models did, but now I've heard rumors that the
> North America versions can as well....
> Anyone own one of these, and can say for sure?
>
> TIA,
>
> Bertrand

I picked up the ip5000 about two weeks ago, and nowhere is there any
documentation on how to print directly to a cd, nor does it look like there
is an opening or any kind of tray for the cd.  The cd printing capabilities
were not necessary for me, but I was a little disappointed that they would
have included them in Europe, but not it Canada.

Henry

0
Henry
10/27/2004 8:14:59 PM
On 27 Oct 2004 10:41:02 -0700, bertrandr@gmail.com wrote:
>  Can anyone comment -for certain- if the new Cannon Pixma line
>  (4000/5000) is able to print directly on CD/DVD's?

It's possible almost everywhere - outside the US. I've seen some Asian
docu that stated thta CD printing is not available everywhere, while
there was no clear statement where the border is.

I don't know about Mexico and Canada. Since they did not provide the
i865, but i860, not the i9950, but i9900 only, I suppose they are
whithin the range of crippled models.

I don't know the reason yet why Canon sells almost idetical models,
which do support CD printing outside the US. Canon US refused to answer
this question.

>  There seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty about this. Originally it
>  seemed as though only UK models did, but now I've heard rumors that the
>  North America versions can as well....
>  Anyone own one of these, and can say for sure?

Everywhere within Europe you will get the uncrippled version, as well as
in many other countries.

Regards
Martin
0
Martin
10/28/2004 9:29:28 AM
<bertrandr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1098898862.559168.9280@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Can anyone comment -for certain- if the new Cannon Pixma line
> (4000/5000) is able to print directly on CD/DVD's?
>
> There seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty about this. Originally it
> seemed as though only UK models did, but now I've heard rumors that the
> North America versions can as well....
> Anyone own one of these, and can say for sure?
>
> TIA,
>
> Bertrand

The one's in Australia are CD print capable.

0
Peter
10/28/2004 9:54:05 AM
On 28 Oct 2004 09:29:28 GMT, Martin Trautmann wrote:
>  On 27 Oct 2004 10:41:02 -0700, bertrandr@gmail.com wrote:
> >  Can anyone comment -for certain- if the new Cannon Pixma line
> >  (4000/5000) is able to print directly on CD/DVD's?
>
>  It's possible almost everywhere - outside the US. I've seen some Asian
>  docu that stated thta CD printing is not available everywhere, while
>  there was no clear statement where the border is.

I've checked once again:

(go e.g. via http://web.canon.jp/gateway/index.html)

i865 (which is the same model as the i860, but including CD printing) is
available e.g. in Australia and New Zealand,
Philippines, India, Malaysia, canon-asia, ...

Don't know about Latin America: They offer i850 and iP3000 only,
nothing better.

All manuals and drivers are served via the same service at
alpha02.c-wss.com/wsss and beta00.c-wss.com/wsss

Check the docu via one of the other country entries.

BTW:
http://canon.brochurelibrary.com/getFile.php?productid=7885&languageid=1
is the UK brochure which shows where the CD tray is located and how it
is used. Further docu is within the non-american manuals.
0
Martin
10/28/2004 10:31:28 AM
When I bought my iP4000, I was told by the Canon rep that the license for
the CD printing technology was exclusive to Epson in the US.  He said the
British version of the Canon could print CDs, but because of the license
arrangement, they were restricted in the US.

--
Tom Weiss
Peter <aus10n.123@XXoptusnet.xcom.xau> wrote in message

> <bertrandr@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone comment -for certain- if the new Cannon Pixma line
> > (4000/5000) is able to print directly on CD/DVD's?
> >
> > There seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty about this. Originally it
> > seemed as though only UK models did, but now I've heard rumors that the
> > North America versions can as well....
> > Anyone own one of these, and can say for sure?
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Bertrand
> >

> The one's in Australia are CD print capable.

0
Tom
10/28/2004 12:02:38 PM
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:02:38 GMT, Tom Weiss wrote:
>  When I bought my iP4000, I was told by the Canon rep that the license for
>  the CD printing technology was exclusive to Epson in the US.  He said the
>  British version of the Canon could print CDs, but because of the license
>  arrangement, they were restricted in the US.

Does anyone know the number of this patent, probably held by Philips?
0
Martin

Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for the CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this software to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way to the hub, using suitable full face printable discs? The Canon software I have seen demonstrated leaves a large diameter non-printed area in the middle. Thank you, John B. -- Remove <nospam> from email address to reply On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:40:06 -0000, John B <jbb@hawkhurst.nospamfreeserve.co.uk> wrote: > I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for > the > CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels > using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this > software > to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated > cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? > > Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way > to the hub, using suitable full face printable discs? The Canon software > I have seen demonstrated leaves a large diameter non-printed area in the > middle. The IP4000 is an excellent printer, and it ...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Re: Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template details for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V. Groeneveld, are spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry all you folks in the States where CD / DVD printing is not an option) A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if the print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that expensive if you shop around. It does not require a new machine as per Epson; and ink, especially if bought in bulk, means minimal costs. Duplex printing works likea dream.A most recommenended machine. Happy New Year, John B. -- Remove <nospam> from email address to reply "S.V. Groeneveld" <mail@no.spam> wrote in message news:opsjhrm1bre5nxey@s960912.campus.tue.nl... > On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:40:06 -0000, John B > <jbb@hawkhurst.nospamfreeserve.co.uk> wrote: > > > I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for > > the > > CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels > > using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this > > software > > to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated > > cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? > > > > Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way > > to the hub, us...

Any of the latest Canon printers print to CD/DVD ?
Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? Thanks. "Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message news:o8hs21lfsdjtak3t4qcch2ompoo2ajcnmr@4ax.com... > > Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the > American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 03:18:02 -0800, Caitlin wrote (in article <422edb93$0$27872$61c65585@un-2park-reader-01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au>): > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD Some people who must have CD/DVD direct print capability and Canon brand are buying Euro/Austrailan/NZ models of Canon's printers and having them shipped here. Voltage differences are resolved by swapping out a relatively cheap power supply module (US$20 for the iP3000's module, and you don't have to open up the printer to replace it). The down side is that the iP3000, with shipping, costs upwards of $200, while the US (non-disc printing) model can be bought here for as little as $45. Good luck, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group And, imported "gray market"...

Canon Pixma IP4000: Howto do CD Printing ?
We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into the printer? The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be aligned, but where the heck is it?! Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6". Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'? Thanks for your kind help -- Steven Ung "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message news:3477qaF47mknpU1@individual.net... > We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but > for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into > the printer? > > The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be > aligned, but where the heck is it?! If you look at the printer with the output tray down you will see CANON printed above the tray. This can be flipped down and is where you insert the CD tray. > > Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo > Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6". > > Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'? > That sounds weird - though i...

Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing template
[...]

Canon IP4000 & cd-r printing
I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp cloth ? "george" <ddaish@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1107007553.416235.184730@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has > experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images > smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp > cloth ? > I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it works very well - the images look great. I haven't wet any of the DVDs though so can't comment on this. I can't imagine that it would be any different to a label printed on paper stock, as it's just a feature of the ink. Did you buy your printer in the usa.If so where. John. Caitlin wrote: > "george" <ddaish@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:1107007553.416235.184730@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > >>I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has >>experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images >>smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp >>cloth ? >> > > > I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it works > ve...

Canon pixma mp750, how to print on 'all' of cd/dvd?
Hello, I can't find a way to reduce the 'inner circle' during print to cd/dvds? You can reduce the circle a little, but not all the way down to the size of the inner hole (for full face printing). It leaves my discs with fairly large white or 'unprinted' areas. I am told there must be a way, but...? Thanks for any help & A very happy New Year to everyone! Allen On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 wrote: >Hello, I can't find a way to reduce the 'inner circle' during print to >cd/dvds? You can reduce the circle a little, but not all the way down >to th...

fyi: print on cd/dvd with Canon printers U.S.
In the United States the Canon printers are disabled from printing directly on cd/dvd's. I think this is due to Epson having a patent on it (i.e. direct printing on cd/dvd's) in the United States. Canon would be infringing on this patent.. Those of you interested in it, here is a series on enabling U.S. printers. http://pixma-faq.periastron.com/1.html http://pixma.damnmachine.com Much better site with updated info and forums. ...

Any reason my Canon can't make a Printer with A3 and Cd/dvd printing ??
I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing ????? Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. Thanks. On Holidays wrote: >I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and >thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. > > It is under $400. >I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing >????? > >Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. > >Thanks. > > > On Holidays wrote: > I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and > thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. > > I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with A3 and DVD/cd printing > ????? > > Any idea why. I think Epson have some. Though i could be wrong. > > Thanks. They can - and have. I have one sitting on the cabinet across from my desk (i9950). Unfortunately, it's only available in Europe (and Commonwealth countries). -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote: >On Holidays wrote: > > >>I know the have one but that 9990 or whatever is way to expensive and >>thats the BEST phoprinter you can get. >> >>I just want one like the i6500 or somthing with ...

Aftermarket Trays Available for Direct Printing on CD/DVD's with Canon Printers
The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at www.cd-trays.com nosuchaddress@email.com wrote: > The lack of trays for Canon printers has been a big problem. Take a look at > www.cd-trays.com I just did a search of e-bay and there seems to be no shortage of tray type B, C, and D, the offical canon one with the handy dandy center hub. Between $20 and $30 shipped in most cases. http://pixma.allhyper.com/ contains all the info one needs for all models except the new ip4300 which has yet to hit stores. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for...

Printing CD/DVD on Canon
Hi! I was at the local Fry's to look at the CD printing Epsons. I am a former Epson owner and a happy current Canon owner. As it happened the Fry's salesman was accompanied by the Canon sales rep. While Canon does not sell printers capable of printing CD/DVDs, the rep told me that their version of the I960 sold in the UK does have an optional CD/DVD accessory. The rep told me it would be about $80US incl. shipping. However I haven't been able to find it on the Web. Has anyone seen this thing? Tanks. "Comcast News" <gnbarr@comcast.net> wrote in ...

Canon IP4000 cd printing.
Hi, my father has bought a Pixma 4000 and has commented over an issue with the supplied software - which would appear to only allow the internal cd hole diameter to be reduced to +/- 10mm which seems to make the minimum hole 33mm. However he says the software screen states the maxmum outside diameter of the print can be 118mm and the inside no less than 17mm - which is fine if you can change the setting by this much.. As the FULL face printable discs he uses has an internal diameter of 23mm how does he alter the print software to this figure - as it seems to stick on -10mm from the default of 43mm (i.e 33mm) making a white ring visible. From the software statement that the minimum must be 17mm it would seem the printer should be capable of it. For simplicity he would prefer to not have to make up templates as described elsewhere. Any guidance or driver hacks appreciated. TD On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:02:18 GMT, TechDude <techdude_ukNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote: > For simplicity he would prefer to not have to make up templates > as described elsewhere. > Any guidance or driver hacks appreciated. I'd surely think that creating a template is much easier than applying a driver hack....? Assuming you are using CD LabelPrint go to "select Paper" and create a new paper type (name it the media name like CMC or Maxdata etc) and edit the inner size to the setting you need. The setting you are changing (adjust circle...

Canon PIXMA ip4000. Duplex printing.
Hi. I'm a fresh owner of Canon PIXMA ip4000. This is a really good printer. Everything works fine but I don't understand one thing. When I print pages with ticked duplex printing function, everything black text/pictures/etc. looks like it is printed using only half tone of colour. Explanation: If you for example normally print 50% of colour e.g. black on purpose it is printed as dither pattern. But when you use solid kolor (e.g. black) it is printed as solid. When I print as a duplex it prints me solid colours as a dither patter like in about 50% of colour whilst when I switch off the duplex function everything looks standard. Please help me to solve this problem. Best regards. Bye. Zebbik wrote: > Hi. > > I'm a fresh owner of Canon PIXMA ip4000. This is a really good printer. > Everything works fine but I don't understand one thing. > > When I print pages with ticked duplex printing function, everything black > text/pictures/etc. looks like it is printed using only half tone of colour. > Explanation: If you for example normally print 50% of colour e.g. black on > purpose it is printed as dither pattern. But when you use solid kolor (e.g. > black) it is printed as solid. > > When I print as a duplex it prints me solid colours as a dither patter like > in about 50% of colour whilst when I switch off the duplex function > everything looks standard. > > P...

Canon CD/DVD printers in the USA
Does Canon sell printers that can print on letter size paper and CDs/DVDs in the USA or is Epson the only manufacturer who sells this type of printer in the USA? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- I am TERRIBLY cruel to my cat. I tease him with a vine tendril until he either jumps up in the air to bat at it or zooms around in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to. In article Daniel Prince says... > Does Canon sell printers that can print on letter size paper and > CDs/DVDs in the USA or is Epson the only manufacturer who sells this > type of printer in the USA? Thank you in advance for all replies. > Canon don't do cd printing in US ...

CD/DVD printing on HP printers?!?
Last year, we replaced all of the inkjet printers in our office with models that all used the same ink cartridges in order to cut down on have to stock 15 different cartridges for the printers we had. At home, my wife thought she'd be helpful and got me an Epson Style Photo R300 for Christmas because it can print on printable CD/DVD media. This is a great printer for the most part (I'm having problems with the CD/DVD tray not "catching" when it gets pulled into the printer occasionally), but I'd really prefer to replace it with an HP brand inkjet with th...

CANON PIXMA CD LABEL PRINT
Si puo installare questo software su wine(ubuntu)io ho tentato si installa pero non riconosce la stampante che fare?????? ...

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

Printers which will print cd/dvd
Excluding canon, who else makes printers to print on cd/dvds ? Mike wrote: > Excluding canon, who else makes printers to print on cd/dvds ? Google is your friend. Try it. What's wrong with Canon? I have had the best luck/quality from them over HP, Epson and Lexmark. In article <12666tm440kng78@corp.supernews.com>, me@privacy.net (Mike) wrote: > Excluding canon, who else makes printers to print on cd/dvds ? It depends on where you live/buy the printer from. Jon. Mike wrote: > Excluding canon, who else makes printers to print on cd/...

Canon IP4000 - Jettec
Has anyone tried printing CDs or DVDs using JETTEC carts. When I used my original Canon carts as supplied all my printing needs were met ie Plain paper, glossy photo and disk printing. However since trying out JETTEC carts my plain paper and photo glossy paper prints are fine but disks are now a washed out pink (cyan seems the most washed out). This is occurring with Datawrite and Ritik disks. Do I have to go back to the more expensive canons or possibly just Canon - cyan. Comments welcome Steve I use choice stationary in the UK Set the printer to high quality. Hope this helps. Mike Just an idea, to avoid waste why not try stixking a CD label on the C and then printing with Jet-Tec You have gotta be aware some inks are water based whilst some ar alcohol based. A lot of these inks as I understand and will be corrected here ma well be universal inks, you may be better trying 'formulated ink' fo Canon Printers, all this is new to me but seems becoming clearer Dav Flyfire wrote: > Has anyone tried printing CDs or DVDs using JETTEC carts. When I used my > original Canon carts as supplied all my printing needs were met ie Plain > paper, glossy photo and disk printing. > > However since trying out JETTEC carts my plain paper and photo glossy paper > prints are fine but disks are now a washed out pink (cyan seems the most > washed out). This is occurring with Datawrite and Ritik d...

Print Server for Canon Pixma iP4000?
Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson 830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000. Any help appreciated. Thanks "Harry" <harry@hmack.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:v3flu0559kqocmk7j4r01ksqlqs46t731q@4ax.com... > Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon > Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried > a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson > 830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000. > > Any help appreciated. > If you have just purchased the iP4000 why not exchange for the iP4000R which has a built in wired/wireless NIC. On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:15:37 +0000, Harry <harry@hmack.demon.co.uk> wrote: >Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon >Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried >a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson >830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000. > >Any help appreciated. > >Thanks Pricom 6200U only. -- Con Madrid, con las v�ctimas. 11-M: No olvidamos. Fernando el Cat�lico I would advice you to get a printserver that supp...

Canon PIXMA iP4000 duplex printing
Greetings I wish to print a 2 sided A4 document so that it can be folded (A5) Trouble is that when printed and folded the 2nd side is upside down in relation to the 1st Is there a way/setting to fix this, or am I stuck with printing one side then manually turning the paper to print the other side ? Martin ©¿©¬ <Martin @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com> wrote in message news:j8pnl05qs6lqr3m3l269i459rgm879aghc@4ax.com... > Greetings > > I wish to print a 2 sided A4 document so that it can be folded (A5) > Trouble is that when printed and folde...

canon ip 5000 full cd printing
lo all. im trying to do full cd printing. The software that comes with the printer leaves a big gap at centre of disk, where it doesn't print all the way. any ideas what I can do or a different software to try? Look into surething at www.surething.com Dark Warrior_ wrote: >lo all. im trying to do full cd printing. The software that comes with the >printer leaves a big gap at centre of disk, where it doesn't print all the >way. > >any ideas what I can do or a different software to try? > > > > Hi there, Here's your solution. 1. Open up the Canon CD printer software. 2 Select FILE in drop down menu 3. Click on select paper. 4. Click on CD LABLE PRINT 5. Click on NEW 6. In the selector box add the following. Outer 116 Inner 24 There you are, a full face lable. Easy when you know how. Please let me know if it went ok. Mike "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9RG7e.3737$dT4.2945@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > Look into surething at www.surething.com > > Dark Warrior_ wrote: > > >lo all. im trying to do full cd printing. The software that comes with the > >printer leaves a big gap at centre of disk, where it doesn't print all the > >way. > > > >any ideas what I can do or a different software to try? > > > > > > > > Mikey wrote: > Hi there, > ...

Web resources about - Canon Pixma iP4000 & 5000 CD/DVD printing -In Canada - comp.periphs.printers

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
[ SMH - Text-only index ] Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only Date: February 13 2016 London: Britain's ...

The hottest trend in 3D printing: shoes on demand
Customised shoe insoles and orthotics are among the newest products to be created using 3D printing machines, and companies such as Nike and ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Why is the UK still printing its laws on vellum?
After a U-turn, the UK government is to continue printing and storing its laws on vellum. Shouldn't it go digital?

Stratasys Partners with Adobe to Broaden Adoption of 3D Printing with New Color Experience and Simplified ...
Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq:SSYS), the 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions company, today announced that it has taken color 3D printing ...

Kids can easily make their own toys with 3D printing
This year's must-have toy: a machine to make your own toy. Mattel's ThingMaker is a kid-safe 3D printer, and the 3Doodler Start Pen won't burn ...

Printing Human Tissue? Why Not?
Six years ago in Washington, DC, a State Department security SUV made an illegal left turn and struck me as I crossed the street. My tibial plateau ...

Health study reveals harmful "toxic" effects of 3D printing
A team of scientists has published a study that details the health hazards of 3D printing, which it says causes the release of toxic particles. ...

Study shows some 3D printing fumes can be harmful
If you do a lot of 3D printing and are worried about the fumes, you may want to read a new study from US and French researchers. It measured ...