Canon PIXMA iP4000 duplex printing

Greetings

I wish to print a 2 sided A4 document so that it can be folded (A5)
Trouble is that when printed and folded the 2nd side is upside down in
relation to the 1st
Is there a way/setting to fix this, or am I stuck with printing one
side then manually turning the paper to print the other side ?

Martin
©¿©¬

0
Martin

<Martin @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com> wrote in message
> Greetings
>
> I wish to print a 2 sided A4 document so that it can be folded (A5)
> Trouble is that when printed and folded the 2nd side is upside down in
> relation to the 1st
> Is there a way/setting to fix this, or am I stuck with printing one
> side then manually turning the paper to print the other side ?
>
> Martin
> ����

I've always used Fineprint for that sort of printing on my S520, and it has
a diagnostic / setup phase it goes through initially to determine the
characteristics and capabilities of your printer.
http://www.softwarelabs.com/fp/fineprint.htm
I wonder if it is able to recognise and correct for this quirk.

Quirk? - it's very serious, I was interested in the iP4000 partly because of
this amazing duplex ability, but any damn fool can print on the back of the
paper and get it the wrong way up - it takes an international printer
company to claim that as an achievement. Thanks for the warning!

Laurence

0
Laurence
9/30/2004 12:44:18 PM
We have both the ip3000 and the ip4000 and have
no problem getting duplexing to perform properly
with either printing. We're trying to figure out now, how
he got it to duplex the way he describes.

--
WeInk.com Technical Support
Toll Free Support: 1-888-825-0759
"Laurence Wilmer" <l.d.wilmer@nojunkmailbluyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> <Martin @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings
>>
>> I wish to print a 2 sided A4 document so that it can be folded (A5)
>> Trouble is that when printed and folded the 2nd side is upside down in
>> relation to the 1st
>> Is there a way/setting to fix this, or am I stuck with printing one
>> side then manually turning the paper to print the other side ?
>>
>> Martin
>> ����
>>

> I've always used Fineprint for that sort of printing on my S520, and it
> has
> a diagnostic / setup phase it goes through initially to determine the
> characteristics and capabilities of your printer.
> http://www.softwarelabs.com/fp/fineprint.htm
> I wonder if it is able to recognise and correct for this quirk.
>
> Quirk? - it's very serious, I was interested in the iP4000 partly because
> of
> this amazing duplex ability, but any damn fool can print on the back of
> the
> paper and get it the wrong way up - it takes an international printer
> company to claim that as an achievement. Thanks for the warning!
>
> Laurence

0
T_S
9/30/2004 2:19:12 PM
<Martin ���� @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com> wrote in message
> Greetings
>
> I wish to print a 2 sided A4 document so that it can be folded (A5)
> Trouble is that when printed and folded the 2nd side is upside down in
> relation to the 1st
> Is there a way/setting to fix this, or am I stuck with printing one
> side then manually turning the paper to print the other side ?

In the driver there should be a setting right below the duplexing setting to
allow you to set long or short side binding.
Using this and verifying you have properly set your application is all it
should take.
Remember if your application offers a duplex setting do not use it or it
will conflict with the drivers setting.

0
PC
9/30/2004 10:14:49 PM

"T_S" <devnull@weink.com> wrote in message
> We have both the ip3000 and the ip4000 and have
> no problem getting duplexing to perform properly
> with either printing. We're trying to figure out now, how
> he got it to duplex the way he describes.
>
> --
> WeInk.com Technical Support

Maybe it is just a landscape problem, if he's putting 2 x A5s on the side of
an A4 then it is printing in landscape mode. I often get that wrong doing it
manually, because it is not so obviously the top of the page that emerges
from the printer first.

So good news that ip4000 can do normal duplex properly, but maybe it has
problems with landscape? (Still think Fineprint is the way to do that job).

Laurence

0
Laurence
9/30/2004 10:52:44 PM
On 2004-09-30, Laurence Wilmer <l.d.wilmer@nojunkmailbluyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>> > I've always used Fineprint for that sort of printing on my S520, and it
>> > has
>> > a diagnostic / setup phase it goes through initially to determine the
>> > characteristics and capabilities of your printer.
>> > http://www.softwarelabs.com/fp/fineprint.htm
>> > I wonder if it is able to recognise and correct for this quirk.
>> >
>> > Quirk? - it's very serious, I was interested in the iP4000 partly
> because
>> > of
>> > this amazing duplex ability, but any damn fool can print on the back of
>> > the
>> > paper and get it the wrong way up - it takes an international printer
>> > company to claim that as an achievement. Thanks for the warning!
>> >
>> > Laurence
>
> "T_S" <devnull@weink.com> wrote in message
>> We have both the ip3000 and the ip4000 and have
>> no problem getting duplexing to perform properly
>> with either printing. We're trying to figure out now, how
>> he got it to duplex the way he describes.
>>
>> --
>> WeInk.com Technical Support
>
> Maybe it is just a landscape problem, if he's putting 2 x A5s on the side of
> an A4 then it is printing in landscape mode. I often get that wrong doing it
> manually, because it is not so obviously the top of the page that emerges
> from the printer first.
>
> So good news that ip4000 can do normal duplex properly, but maybe it has
> problems with landscape? (Still think Fineprint is the way to do that job).
>
> Laurence

I just printed a document that had 2 pages (1 sheet) in landscape while
the rest of the doc is in portrait.  The landscape "back" is "upside down"
BUT it does reflect that one *normally*(?) flip pages of landscape from
the bottom instead of from the side as in portrait mode.  Don't know
what is considered normal for any individual tho.

User friendly (?) but should have had a setting for "book mode" which
has different properties than a normal landscape mode..?
0
lew
10/1/2004 1:46:56 AM
<lew@csus_abcdefg.edu> wrote in message
> I just printed a document that had 2 pages (1 sheet) in landscape while
> the rest of the doc is in portrait.  The landscape "back" is "upside down"
> BUT it does reflect that one *normally*(?) flip pages of landscape from
> the bottom instead of from the side as in portrait mode.  Don't know
> what is considered normal for any individual tho.
>
> User friendly (?) but should have had a setting for "book mode" which
> has different properties than a normal landscape mode..?

Flip chart presentations and calendars turn on long edge, booklets on short
edge - all depends on your application, but for sure no print driver can do
what we want if we don't know what that is. Is why I like Fineprint  - it
offers good options, then you choose.

0
Laurence

Canon PIXMA ip4000. Duplex printing.
Hi. I'm a fresh owner of Canon PIXMA ip4000. This is a really good printer. Everything works fine but I don't understand one thing. When I print pages with ticked duplex printing function, everything black text/pictures/etc. looks like it is printed using only half tone of colour. Explanation: If you for example normally print 50% of colour e.g. black on purpose it is printed as dither pattern. But when you use solid kolor (e.g. black) it is printed as solid. When I print as a duplex it prints me solid colours as a dither patter like in about 50% of colour whilst when I switch off the duplex function everything looks standard. Please help me to solve this problem. Best regards. Bye. Zebbik wrote: > Hi. > > I'm a fresh owner of Canon PIXMA ip4000. This is a really good printer. > Everything works fine but I don't understand one thing. > > When I print pages with ticked duplex printing function, everything black > text/pictures/etc. looks like it is printed using only half tone of colour. > Explanation: If you for example normally print 50% of colour e.g. black on > purpose it is printed as dither pattern. But when you use solid kolor (e.g. > black) it is printed as solid. > > When I print as a duplex it prints me solid colours as a dither patter like > in about 50% of colour whilst when I switch off the duplex function > everything looks standard. > > P...

Print Server for Canon Pixma iP4000?
Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson 830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000. Any help appreciated. Thanks "Harry" <harry@hmack.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:v3flu0559kqocmk7j4r01ksqlqs46t731q@4ax.com... > Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon > Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried > a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson > 830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000. > > Any help appreciated. > If you have just purchased the iP4000 why not exchange for the iP4000R which has a built in wired/wireless NIC. On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:15:37 +0000, Harry <harry@hmack.demon.co.uk> wrote: >Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon >Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried >a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson >830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000. > >Any help appreciated. > >Thanks Pricom 6200U only. -- Con Madrid, con las v�ctimas. 11-M: No olvidamos. Fernando el Cat�lico I would advice you to get a printserver that supp...

Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for the CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this software to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way to the hub, using suitable full face printable discs? The Canon software I have seen demonstrated leaves a large diameter non-printed area in the middle. Thank you, John B. -- Remove <nospam> from email address to reply On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:40:06 -0000, John B <jbb@hawkhurst.nospamfreeserve.co.uk> wrote: > I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for > the > CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels > using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this > software > to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated > cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? > > Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way > to the hub, using suitable full face printable discs? The Canon software > I have seen demonstrated leaves a large diameter non-printed area in the > middle. The IP4000 is an excellent printer, and it ...

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

Canon Pixma IP4000: Howto do CD Printing ?
We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into the printer? The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be aligned, but where the heck is it?! Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6". Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'? Thanks for your kind help -- Steven Ung "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message news:3477qaF47mknpU1@individual.net... > We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but > for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into > the printer? > > The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be > aligned, but where the heck is it?! If you look at the printer with the output tray down you will see CANON printed above the tray. This can be flipped down and is where you insert the CD tray. > > Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo > Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6". > > Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'? > That sounds weird - though i...

Re: Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template details for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V. Groeneveld, are spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry all you folks in the States where CD / DVD printing is not an option) A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if the print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that expensive if you shop around. It does not require a new machine as per Epson; and ink, especially if bought in bulk, means minimal costs. Duplex printing works likea dream.A most recommenended machine. Happy New Year, John B. -- Remove <nospam> from email address to reply "S.V. Groeneveld" <mail@no.spam> wrote in message news:opsjhrm1bre5nxey@s960912.campus.tue.nl... > On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:40:06 -0000, John B > <jbb@hawkhurst.nospamfreeserve.co.uk> wrote: > > > I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for > > the > > CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels > > using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this > > software > > to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated > > cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? > > > > Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way > > to the hub, us...

Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing template
[...]

Warning about Canon PIXMA iP3000/iP4000 series printers
We were considering buying a Canon PIXMA iP3000 because these are the first printers we have ever seen that finally quit ripping people off quite so much on ink. The whole printer ink jet market, until now, has been a scam, making you spend an average of $40-$60 buy new print heads and cartridges for all three colors because one color runs out. That is like having to replace your gas tank, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, windshield washer tank and wiper motors, because you ran out of gas or got too low on radiator fluid. Oh, and by the way, there are no gauges, or transparent tanks, and no ...

Canon Pixma iP4000 refuses to print on empty ink
Hi all, a Canon Pixma iP4000 is used both from Mac and Win XP via USB (either or). The current default Win printing setup is to print BW only - most of the printouts are plain text. For any reason the printer used up the color ink very fast before. I guess, OOo on the Mac did not know about the black text ink, nor the black photo ink and used YMC instead - those where empty first. Now photo black was empty. The printer extension (Win) then refused to print the next BW page. Its help mentionned that printing could be done on one's own risk. However, there was no option at a...

UPDATE: "Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer"
I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180: (reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying Canon products. Shnaggletooth shnaggletooth@yahoo.com wrote: >I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight >from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. >And yes, it came with a new p...

Canon Pixma printers: ink cartridges, print-head cleaners
I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon cartridges vs. generic it seems to me that the latter would be more cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads. And what about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised. Do they work? If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail. Or so I have been figuring. I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had experience with these printers, e.g.: 1) What generic cartridges are considered of 'good quality'? Any recommendations of websites or companies? Considering that the printheads are not disposable, how likely is it that a good quality generic cartridge will clog up the printheads? 2) Are there sources for genuine Canon cartridges which offer some discount off of retail prices? 3) Re/ print head cleaning: I've seen fluids offered as well as cartridges filled with cleaner/solvent. Do these things work? I'm thinking that occasional preventative maintenence might be a good idea. Thanks, Dorian "Dorian" <DorianLS2@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1115271929.121480.311760@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink > cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine ...

Canon Pixma iP4000 & 5000 CD/DVD printing -In Canada
Can anyone comment -for certain- if the new Cannon Pixma line (4000/5000) is able to print directly on CD/DVD's? There seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty about this. Originally it seemed as though only UK models did, but now I've heard rumors that the North America versions can as well.... Anyone own one of these, and can say for sure? TIA, Bertrand I have both the ip3000 and ip4000...neither can print to CD. Frustrating because you can see where the CD tray would fit into it :-( Jeff H <bertrandr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1098898862.559168.9280@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone comment -for certain- if the new Cannon Pixma line > (4000/5000) is able to print directly on CD/DVD's? > > There seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty about this. Originally it > seemed as though only UK models did, but now I've heard rumors that the > North America versions can as well.... > Anyone own one of these, and can say for sure? > > TIA, > > Bertrand > Thanks for the reply, When & where did you buy them? How are the printers otherwise, I hear they are quite a good (value)... BR <bertrandr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1098898862.559168.9280@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone comment -for certain- if the new Cannon Pixma line > (4000/5000) is able to print directly on CD/DVD's? > > There seems to be quite a bit of u...

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? >Only when draft is selected? > >Thanks in advance > > > > Here is a quick test you can perform. Use a photo with quite a bit of black areas. Open the cover on the printer and use a small screwdriver to hold down the cover interlock so that you can actually see the ink being put on the paper. Print the same photo using different paper modes. The BCI-3 black (pigmented black) is deposited with a much wider path than the BCI-6 black. Note also that the BCI-3 black appears to be used only when in plain paper mode. All other modes use only the BCI-6 black. You will see this when observing the printing operation. The other thing you can do is to wet your fingertip and move it across the edge of the printed area onto the unprinted area. You will see a difference in the amount of ink smearing. -- Ron Cohen...

Adding paper size presets for Canon PIXMA printer Easy-Print software?
The Canon PIXMA printers come with Easy-Photo Print software. This has a few preset paper sizes on the Paper selection menu. Can you add another size to this page? I have some photo paper which is standard A4 size (Letter Size) but twice as long as the normal pages. That is 8.3 in x 23.4 in (210 mm x 594 mm). -- Thanks in advance ...

Duplex printing on a non-duplex printer with yap
I'm accustomed to do this with other applications. The procedure is pretty simple: 1. Print all odd-numbered pages. 2. Remove printing, turn upside down, and place in printer's input tray. 3. Print all even-numbered pages in reverse order. yap's "Print PostScript" command can print odd and even-numbered pages, but can't print in reverse (at least not in the version I have, 2.4.1956, acquired with the current distribution of MikTeX). This makes things more complicated: 1. Print all odd-numbered pages. 2. Remove printing, manually restack backwards, turn upside down,...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

What Canon Printer to Print A3 and Print to DVDS/CDS ???
And of course print great pitcures :) I don't want much, but getting all these three things seems to be hard. Atleast from Canon. Thanks for any help !!! ...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for Epson, I don't know about Canon. Pipermedic In article pipermedic says... > I believe that Canon has the > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for > Epson, I don't know about Canon. > > > Canon carts don't have chips. If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills. Definitely Epson R300. But you said: "2. Economy. Although I can get th...

Print on duplex Printer
Hi NG, this might be off-topic on the one hand, but on the other hand I suppose that you guys can solve my problem easily. I want to print a script (.PDF-File) on a duplex printer. Unfortunately the file is designed to be printed one page only. Therefore I have to add a y-offset of 90pt to each even(!) page, so that the margin allows a useful book binding. Using ghostview I am unable to apply modifications to every second page. What can I do? Thanks in advance Niels > the file is designed to be printed one page only. Therefore I have to > add a y-offset of 90pt to each even(!) ...

Canon PIXMA iP4000
Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where? Martin ���� On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 13:39:35 +0100, Martin ���� wrote: > Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where? It's announced for August in the US - and I have not seen it there yet. For Europe it's announced for September - I was told about a first delivery in Germany on 2004-09-05. HTH, Martin PS: oops, sorry for you that you have a name like this ;-) I just noticed because it exploded my introduction line. On 9 Aug 2004 08:23:14 GMT, Martin Trautmann <t-use@gmx...

Canon PIXMA iP4000
I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has anyone set it up sucessfully? I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. "hyperfusion" <jonathanho15@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1114820232.945735.55130@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has >anyone > set it up sucessfully? > I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. > Canon has drivers for Linux on the japanese website. It's quite a PITA to find them, but go for www.canon.jp and search for an edit-box, that might be a search box and try: "PIXMA linux" They use mostly RPMs - is there something like debian's "alien" command for portage? HTH, Gernot hyperfusion wrote: > I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has anyone > set it up sucessfully? > I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. Why not use Turboprint for linux www.turboprint.de I use all the time and just bombs out cups all the time, and the support for all most every printer out there. ...

canon pixma ip4000
welps, I had the occasion to print some pics for my mom but unfornately, it was for rancid gossip involving my cousins. anyways.... the pixma ip4000 did a really good job of printing the pictures on plain paper under windows98 pmview version and was surprisingly fast (much faster than the old epson color600 was, that one took forever to print a color pic). I just wish it were so for the OS/2 version of pmview. it wasn't very good. it looked like a cross between 16bit & 256bit colors On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:07:33 -0400, Dilbert Firestorm wrote: :>welps,...

Web resources about - Canon PIXMA iP4000 duplex printing - comp.periphs.printers

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
[ SMH - Text-only index ] Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only Date: February 13 2016 London: Britain's ...

The hottest trend in 3D printing: shoes on demand
Customised shoe insoles and orthotics are among the newest products to be created using 3D printing machines, and companies such as Nike and ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Why is the UK still printing its laws on vellum?
After a U-turn, the UK government is to continue printing and storing its laws on vellum. Shouldn't it go digital?

Stratasys Partners with Adobe to Broaden Adoption of 3D Printing with New Color Experience and Simplified ...
Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq:SSYS), the 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions company, today announced that it has taken color 3D printing ...

Kids can easily make their own toys with 3D printing
This year's must-have toy: a machine to make your own toy. Mattel's ThingMaker is a kid-safe 3D printer, and the 3Doodler Start Pen won't burn ...

Printing Human Tissue? Why Not?
Six years ago in Washington, DC, a State Department security SUV made an illegal left turn and struck me as I crossed the street. My tibial plateau ...

Health study reveals harmful "toxic" effects of 3D printing
A team of scientists has published a study that details the health hazards of 3D printing, which it says causes the release of toxic particles. ...

Study shows some 3D printing fumes can be harmful
If you do a lot of 3D printing and are worried about the fumes, you may want to read a new study from US and French researchers. It measured ...