Canon Pixma IP4000: Howto do CD Printing ?

We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into
the printer?

The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
aligned, but where the heck is it?!

Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo
Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".

Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?

Thanks for your kind help
--
Steven Ung

0
Steven

"Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
> We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
> for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into
> the printer?
>
> The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
> aligned, but where the heck is it?!

If you look at the printer with the output tray down you will see CANON
printed above the tray. This can be flipped down and is where you insert the
CD tray.

> Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo
> Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".
>
> Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?

That sounds weird -  though it's not my software of choice I've printed
borderless photos with it no probs. Do you mean that is is cropping to the
4x6 aspect ratio so you are loosing the sides, or is it just printing a
fraction of the image?

0
Caitlin
1/7/2005 11:14:59 AM
"Caitlin" <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
>> We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
>> for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD
>> into the printer?
>>
>> The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
>> aligned, but where the heck is it?!
>
> If you look at the printer with the output tray down you will see CANON
> printed above the tray. This can be flipped down and is where you insert
> the CD tray.
>

>> Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy
>> Photo Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".
>>
>> Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?
>>

> That sounds weird -  though it's not my software of choice I've printed
> borderless photos with it no probs. Do you mean that is is cropping to the
> 4x6 aspect ratio so you are loosing the sides, or is it just printing a
> fraction of the image?
Well I just had another look at Easy Photo Print, which I've only used a
couple of times. You're absolutely right - it trims by default. Yuck!
That's crap. Even on bordered prints it is the default. Not nice. As far as
I can tell there is no way of turning off cropping with borderless prints.

Another thing I noticed about the program when I used it previously - you
can't select images from different folders to print on the one page, which
seems pretty limiting.

0
Caitlin
1/7/2005 11:29:52 AM
"Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message news:3477qaF47mknpU1@individual.net...
> We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but for the life of me,
> where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into the printer?
>
> The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be aligned, but where the heck
> is it?!
>
> Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo Print trims off
> pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".
>
> Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?
>
> Thanks for your kind help
> --
> Steven Ung

Go to preferences in Easy Photo Print and you can control the amount of border under "Amount of
extension of borderless printing"

0
Peter
1/7/2005 8:02:18 PM
Make sure you click on the Paper Size tab, select the correct paper size,
AND paper source, from the EasyPhoto menu.  Works perfectly for me.

As for printing CD's, the printers sold in the U.S. do not support that
feature for some reason.  Did you buy yours in the U.S.?

Bill Crocker

"Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
> We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
> for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into
> the printer?
>
> The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
> aligned, but where the heck is it?!
>
> Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo
> Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".
>
> Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?
>
> Thanks for your kind help
> --
> Steven Ung

0
Bill
1/7/2005 10:08:25 PM
"Peter" <aus10n.123@XXoptusnet.xcom.xau> wrote in message

> "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
>> We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
>> for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD
>> into the printer?
>>
>> The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
>> aligned, but where the heck is it?!
>>
>> Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy
>> Photo Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".
>>
>> Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?
>>
>> Thanks for your kind help
>> --
>> Steven Ung
>>

> Go to preferences in Easy Photo Print and you can control the amount of
> border under "Amount of extension of borderless printing"

Ah yes, if you set it to none (default is large for some strange reason)
this done largely fix the problem. Though it does still crop the photos to
the dimensions of the page.

0
Caitlin
1/7/2005 11:58:49 PM
<< From: "Steven Ung" steven@nodomainname.com
Date: Fri, Jan 7, 2005 4:49 AM

We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into
the printer?

The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
aligned, but where the heck is it?!

Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo
Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".

Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?

Thanks for your kind help
--
Steven Ung
 >><BR><BR>
You can’t get borderless prints from an original that has a 4;3 ratio when
you try to print on 4:6 paper. Try the 4X6 setting that shows a border. That
should (I think) do the trick. I normally don’t worry about cropping a 1/4
inch from the top and the bottom of the print since I try to be careful to
leave a little extra margin when I compose the photo.
0
fredbillie
1/8/2005 12:28:59 PM
Does this image help you to insert the CD-Plate?
http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/14_224661.jpg

I don't have the printer so I can't be sure, but borderless prints on my
Epson print larger than the paper. This is by design and is done to stop
fading on the edges of the image. I would expect that the Canon does the
same.

--
Mick Doherty
http://dotnetrix.co.uk/nothing.html

"FredBillie" <fredbillie@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
> << From: "Steven Ung" steven@nodomainname.com
> Date: Fri, Jan 7, 2005 4:49 AM
>
> We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
> for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD into
> the printer?
>
> The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
> aligned, but where the heck is it?!
>
> Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy Photo
> Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".
>
> Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?
>
> Thanks for your kind help
> --
> Steven Ung
> >><BR><BR>
> You can't get borderless prints from an original that has a 4;3 ratio when
> you try to print on 4:6 paper. Try the 4X6 setting that shows a border.
> That
> should (I think) do the trick. I normally don't worry about cropping a 1/4
> inch from the top and the bottom of the print since I try to be careful to
> leave a little extra margin when I compose the photo.

0
Michael
1/8/2005 1:04:36 PM
"Caitlin" <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
>> We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
>> for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD
>> into the printer?
>>
>> The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
>> aligned, but where the heck is it?!
>
> If you look at the printer with the output tray down you will see CANON
> printed above the tray. This can be flipped down and is where you insert
> the CD tray.

Ah, yes. Found it. Thanks!

Jesus! I can't find any printed materials that describe this simple step. :(

>> Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy
>> Photo Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".
>>
>> Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?
>>

> That sounds weird -  though it's not my software of choice I've printed
> borderless photos with it no probs. Do you mean that is is cropping to the
> 4x6 aspect ratio so you are loosing the sides, or is it just printing a
> fraction of the image?

May I know what software you're using for borderless prints?
--
Steven Ung

0
Steven
1/9/2005 11:55:19 PM
:P

Yes the picture did help. I just wish they have it printed somewhere. Kind
of a silly question to ask in NG, innit?

--
Steven Ung
"Michael Doherty"
> Does this image help you to insert the CD-Plate?
> http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/14_224661.jpg
>
> I don't have the printer so I can't be sure, but borderless prints on my
> Epson print larger than the paper. This is by design and is done to stop
> fading on the edges of the image. I would expect that the Canon does the
> same.
>
> --
> Mick Doherty
> http://dotnetrix.co.uk/nothing.html
>

> "FredBillie" <fredbillie@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
>> << From: "Steven Ung" steven@nodomainname.com
>> Date: Fri, Jan 7, 2005 4:49 AM
>>
>> We've just purchased the above printer and we have the printable cds, but
>> for the life of me, where do you insert the 'plate' that holds the CD
>> into
>> the printer?
>>
>> The diagram on the cd 'plate' shows somekind of arrow that needs to be
>> aligned, but where the heck is it?!
>>
>> Secondly, I'm trying to print borderless pictures but using the Easy
>> Photo
>> Print trims off pictures that are bigger than the paper size 4"x6".
>>
>> Is there a setting for 'print to fit' rather than 'crop'?
>>
>> Thanks for your kind help
>> --
>> Steven Ung
>> You can't get borderless prints from an original that has a 4;3 ratio
>> when
>> you try to print on 4:6 paper. Try the 4X6 setting that shows a border.
>> That
>> should (I think) do the trick. I normally don't worry about cropping a
>> 1/4
>> inch from the top and the bottom of the print since I try to be careful
>> leave a little extra margin when I compose the photo.

0
Steven

Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for the CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this software to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way to the hub, using suitable full face printable discs? The Canon software I have seen demonstrated leaves a large diameter non-printed area in the middle. ...

Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing template
I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template details for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V. Groeneveld, are spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry all you folks in the States where CD / DVD printing is not an option) A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if the print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that expensive if you shop around. It does not require a new machine as per Epson; and ink, especially if bought in bulk, means minimal costs. Duplex printing works likea dream.A most r...

Re: Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template details for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V. Groeneveld, are spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry all you folks in the States where CD / DVD printing is not an option) A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if the print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that expensive if you shop around. It does not require a new machine as per Epson; and ink, especially if bought in bulk, means minimal costs. Duplex printing works likea dream.A most r...

Canon Pixma iP4000 & 5000 CD/DVD printing -In Canada
Can anyone comment -for certain- if the new Cannon Pixma line (4000/5000) is able to print directly on CD/DVD's? There seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty about this. Originally it seemed as though only UK models did, but now I've heard rumors that the North America versions can as well.... Anyone own one of these, and can say for sure? TIA, Bertrand I have both the ip3000 and ip4000...neither can print to CD. Frustrating because you can see where the CD tray would fit into it :-( Jeff H <bertrandr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1098898862.559168.92...

Canon IP4000 cd printing.
Hi, my father has bought a Pixma 4000 and has commented over an issue with the supplied software - which would appear to only allow the internal cd hole diameter to be reduced to +/- 10mm which seems to make the minimum hole 33mm. However he says the software screen states the maxmum outside diameter of the print can be 118mm and the inside no less than 17mm - which is fine if you can change the setting by this much.. As the FULL face printable discs he uses has an internal diameter of 23mm how does he alter the print software to this figure - as it seems to stick on -10mm from the...

Print Server for Canon Pixma iP4000?
Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson 830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000. Any help appreciated. Thanks "Harry" <harry@hmack.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:v3flu0559kqocmk7j4r01ksqlqs46t731q@4ax.com... > Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon > Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried > a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson > 830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000. > > Any help appreciated. > If you have just purchased the iP4000 why not exchange for the iP4000R which has a built in wired/wireless NIC. On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:15:37 +0000, Harry <harry@hmack.demon.co.uk> wrote: >Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon >Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried >a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson >830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000. > >Any help appreciated. > >Thanks Pricom 6200U only. -- Con Madrid, con las v�ctimas. 11-M: No olvidamos. Fernando el Cat�lico I would advice you to get a printserver that supp...

Canon PIXMA iP4000 duplex printing
Greetings I wish to print a 2 sided A4 document so that it can be folded (A5) Trouble is that when printed and folded the 2nd side is upside down in relation to the 1st Is there a way/setting to fix this, or am I stuck with printing one side then manually turning the paper to print the other side ? Martin ©¿©¬ <Martin @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com> wrote in message news:j8pnl05qs6lqr3m3l269i459rgm879aghc@4ax.com... > Greetings > > I wish to print a 2 sided A4 document so that it can be folded (A5) > Trouble is that when printed and folde...

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

CANON PIXMA CD LABEL PRINT
Si puo installare questo software su wine(ubuntu)io ho tentato si installa pero non riconosce la stampante che fare?????? ...

Canon PIXMA ip4000. Duplex printing.
Hi. I'm a fresh owner of Canon PIXMA ip4000. This is a really good printer. Everything works fine but I don't understand one thing. When I print pages with ticked duplex printing function, everything black text/pictures/etc. looks like it is printed using only half tone of colour. Explanation: If you for example normally print 50% of colour e.g. black on purpose it is printed as dither pattern. But when you use solid kolor (e.g. black) it is printed as solid. When I print as a duplex it prints me solid colours as a dither patter like in about 50% of colour whilst when I switch off the duplex function everything looks standard. Please help me to solve this problem. Best regards. Bye. Zebbik wrote: > Hi. > > I'm a fresh owner of Canon PIXMA ip4000. This is a really good printer. > Everything works fine but I don't understand one thing. > > When I print pages with ticked duplex printing function, everything black > text/pictures/etc. looks like it is printed using only half tone of colour. > Explanation: If you for example normally print 50% of colour e.g. black on > purpose it is printed as dither pattern. But when you use solid kolor (e.g. > black) it is printed as solid. > > When I print as a duplex it prints me solid colours as a dither patter like > in about 50% of colour whilst when I switch off the duplex function > everything looks standard. > > P...

why no cd printing capability for canon printers in the us?
even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon follow? On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:43:16 GMT, "leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote: >even epson now providing cd printing tray for the new printers. will canon >follow? > If you read back earlier today, someone claimed Canon had no intention of obtaining US rights for CD printing. As far as I can tell it is patent issues preventing Canon CD printers, not anything to do with the RIAA or MPAA. In article <7o9i30p458dfs8u6rb570vqnfgkl0jed6i@4ax.com>, classicsat@yahoo.cominval...

Any of the latest Canon printers print to CD/DVD ?
Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? Thanks. "Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message news:o8hs21lfsdjtak3t4qcch2ompoo2ajcnmr@4ax.com... > > Was looking to buy rhe i6100 but it does not do it :( Is this just the > American version. Or do other versions print to CD/DVD ? > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 03:18:02 -0800, Caitlin wrote (in article <422edb93$0$27872$61c65585@un-2park-reader-01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au>): > None of the Canon printers released in the US print to CD/DVD Some people who must have CD/DVD direct print capability and Canon brand are buying Euro/Austrailan/NZ models of Canon's printers and having them shipped here. Voltage differences are resolved by swapping out a relatively cheap power supply module (US$20 for the iP3000's module, and you don't have to open up the printer to replace it). The down side is that the iP3000, with shipping, costs upwards of $200, while the US (non-disc printing) model can be bought here for as little as $45. Good luck, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group And, imported "gray market"...

Canon IP4000 & cd-r printing
I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp cloth ? "george" <ddaish@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1107007553.416235.184730@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has > experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images > smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp > cloth ? > I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it works very well - the images look great. I haven't wet any of the DVDs though so can't comment on this. I can't imagine that it would be any different to a label printed on paper stock, as it's just a feature of the ink. Did you buy your printer in the usa.If so where. John. Caitlin wrote: > "george" <ddaish@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:1107007553.416235.184730@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > >>I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has >>experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images >>smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp >>cloth ? >> > > > I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it works > ve...

Canon CD Print Software With Epson Printer?
I have two printers that print directly onto CD's, the Canon i865 and Epson R310. I'm having problems with the CD Print software that came with the Epson one, so i was wondering if it's possible to just use the Canon one? Or is each piece of software designed with only one printer in mind? Kris ...

Canon PIXMA 4000 CD print template here!
For everyone interesting in printing to CDR with Canon's ip4000 and Surething CD labeler, i created a template and put it on following link: http://www.angelfire.com/ex/protoncek/CanonPIXMA4000.zip I hope that link works, otherwise reply here and we'll sort thing out. I also hope it works OK. In any case, maybe you should make a test print before you actually print on new CD for this purpose download this design: http://www.angelfire.com/ex/protoncek/ip4000_test_design.zip open it and print it to coaster - you can use normal one (no need for printable), as it'...

Canon IP4000 Printing CD-R , Hints Require
Hello All, I bought a Canon IP4000 inkjet printer couple of days ago. I must admit the overall printing quality is very impressive. However, I do have some problems of printing directly onto CD-R. The problems are 1) the colour on the CD-R is pale 2) the colour takes long time to dry; even over 20 hours after printing, I can still wipe the colour off with finger (this is using LIGHT in the SATURATION option) I wonder whether anyone has any experience on this, am I doing things correctly or am I missing something. Anyone wants to shed some light on this? Many thanks in advanc...

Canon Pixma iP4000 refuses to print on empty ink
Hi all, a Canon Pixma iP4000 is used both from Mac and Win XP via USB (either or). The current default Win printing setup is to print BW only - most of the printouts are plain text. For any reason the printer used up the color ink very fast before. I guess, OOo on the Mac did not know about the black text ink, nor the black photo ink and used YMC instead - those where empty first. Now photo black was empty. The printer extension (Win) then refused to print the next BW page. Its help mentionned that printing could be done on one's own risk. However, there was no option at a...

Canon IP4000 not printing black on cd's?
Whenever I print black on a cd its comes out green. Printing black on paper works fine. Can anyone confirm this printer uses the large black ink cart when printing on paper and the small one when printing cd's? Thanks Andy PS. All carts are Canon's own. Canon and PCWorld dont want to know since it is now outside 12 month warranty. PCWorld's response was: ===================================================================== Thank you for your email. As the model is out of warranty, we would need proof that the fault was inherent at the time of purcha...

Warning about Canon PIXMA iP3000/iP4000 series printers
We were considering buying a Canon PIXMA iP3000 because these are the first printers we have ever seen that finally quit ripping people off quite so much on ink. The whole printer ink jet market, until now, has been a scam, making you spend an average of $40-$60 buy new print heads and cartridges for all three colors because one color runs out. That is like having to replace your gas tank, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, windshield washer tank and wiper motors, because you ran out of gas or got too low on radiator fluid. Oh, and by the way, there are no gauges, or transparent tanks, and no ...

Canon IP4000
I've have this printer about a year, and been happily printing CDs all that time, then suddenly last week it stopped working. Every time I insert the tray, it just spits it out again. I'm getting this message: "The CD-R tray is not inserted or a printable disc is not placed on the CD-R Tray. Insert the CD-R tray with a printable disc in the Inner Cover and then press the RESUME button. Printing will then restart." Any ideas what the problem might be? TIA > Every time I insert the tray, it just spits it out again. > Any ideas what the probl...

Canon IP4000 CD printing / update driver after OS reinstall
Hi, all. I have a Canon IP4000 that I modified the driver and registry to allow CD-R printing. Recently, I had to reinstall my OS, bringing my computer back to default factory settings. I am trying to reinstall the driver for my printer but it isn't recognizing the port/printer and won't reinstall. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks. ...

fyi: print on cd/dvd with Canon printers U.S.
In the United States the Canon printers are disabled from printing directly on cd/dvd's. I think this is due to Epson having a patent on it (i.e. direct printing on cd/dvd's) in the United States. Canon would be infringing on this patent.. Those of you interested in it, here is a series on enabling U.S. printers. http://pixma-faq.periastron.com/1.html http://pixma.damnmachine.com Much better site with updated info and forums. ...

Canon IP4000 Printing CD-R , Hints Require #2
Hello ALL, Problem resolved. Basically my fault. I mistakenly taken a WHITE CD instead of a PRINTABLE CD. Thanks for all the help. Andy Andy I have a Pixma 5000 and the Print qualitty on printable CDs is Awsome... Only wish I could use my favourite labelling Sofware "Surething with it!!!instead of the Crappy Oll Canon one!!! "Andy" <andrew_mak@emailias.com> wrote in message news:8e92572d.0412140053.7ce1ad47@posting.google.com... > Hello ALL, > > Problem resolved. Basically my fault. I mistakenly taken a WHITE CD > instead of a PRINTABLE CD. Th...

UPDATE: "Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer"
I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180: (reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying Canon products. Shnaggletooth shnaggletooth@yahoo.com wrote: >I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight >from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. >And yes, it came with a new p...

Web resources about - Canon Pixma IP4000: Howto do CD Printing ? - comp.periphs.printers

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
[ SMH - Text-only index ] Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only Date: February 13 2016 London: Britain's ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Britain's Independent will stop printing newspapers as it goes online-only
The Indy will disappear from British news stands as it becomes one of the first national newspapers in the world to buckle under pressure from ...

Why is the UK still printing its laws on vellum?
After a U-turn, the UK government is to continue printing and storing its laws on vellum. Shouldn't it go digital?

Stratasys Partners with Adobe to Broaden Adoption of 3D Printing with New Color Experience and Simplified ...
Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq:SSYS), the 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions company, today announced that it has taken color 3D printing ...

Kids can easily make their own toys with 3D printing
This year's must-have toy: a machine to make your own toy. Mattel's ThingMaker is a kid-safe 3D printer, and the 3Doodler Start Pen won't burn ...

Printing Human Tissue? Why Not?
Six years ago in Washington, DC, a State Department security SUV made an illegal left turn and struck me as I crossed the street. My tibial plateau ...

Study shows some 3D printing fumes can be harmful
If you do a lot of 3D printing and are worried about the fumes, you may want to read a new study from US and French researchers. It measured ...

3D Printing Used To Create 4D Flowers That Change Shape Over Time
With Valentine’s Day just two weeks away, science really is upping the stakes in exactly which flowers to buy your loved one on this Hallmark ...