Greetings

Anyone got/use the Canon PIXMA iP4000
Any pros-cons

Martin
����
0
Martin

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

Canon Pixma IP3000 printer ink question
Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2 different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk and the BCI-6. The BCI-3eBK seems to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6. Anyone got a clue what the difference is? Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson? -- What am I selling on ebay right now? http://tinyurl.com/38yjc Earn money reading emails! http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm Simon Finnigan wrote: >Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2 >different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk and the BCI-6. The BCI-3eBK seems >to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6. Anyone got a clue what the >difference is? Yes, but it doesn't apply to the iP3000, which uses four ink tanks, specifically the BCI-3eBk and three BCI-6(c/m/y). The BCI-6b is a dye-based photo black. The BCI-3eBk is a pigment-based black for text. The 3e is larger and has a higher ink volume. >Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be >panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson? Perhaps...have you considered the life expectancy of the printhead in the Canon printer and replacement cost? Personally I prefer the HP models because the printhead is part of the ink cartridge. You never have to worry about clogging or failure. I had a Canon i850 (previous model to the i...

Warning about Canon PIXMA iP3000/iP4000 series printers
We were considering buying a Canon PIXMA iP3000 because these are the first printers we have ever seen that finally quit ripping people off quite so much on ink. The whole printer ink jet market, until now, has been a scam, making you spend an average of $40-$60 buy new print heads and cartridges for all three colors because one color runs out. That is like having to replace your gas tank, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, windshield washer tank and wiper motors, because you ran out of gas or got too low on radiator fluid. Oh, and by the way, there are no gauges, or transparent tanks, and no ...

UPDATE: "Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer"
I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180: (reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying Canon products. Shnaggletooth shnaggletooth@yahoo.com wrote: >I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight >from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. >And yes, it came with a new p...

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? >Only when draft is selected? > >Thanks in advance > > > > Here is a quick test you can perform. Use a photo with quite a bit of black areas. Open the cover on the printer and use a small screwdriver to hold down the cover interlock so that you can actually see the ink being put on the paper. Print the same photo using different paper modes. The BCI-3 black (pigmented black) is deposited with a much wider path than the BCI-6 black. Note also that the BCI-3 black appears to be used only when in plain paper mode. All other modes use only the BCI-6 black. You will see this when observing the printing operation. The other thing you can do is to wet your fingertip and move it across the edge of the printed area onto the unprinted area. You will see a difference in the amount of ink smearing. -- Ron Cohen...

Question about the waste ink tank in Canon IP5000 (and other Canon printers)
I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the printer, and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are replaced. So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridges with new ones before an error message appears saying the tank is full? Anyone taken a printer to Canon to have the tank emptied? How much did they charge? The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time intervals and when requested by the user. The deep cleaning routines use the most ink. There have been many discussions on this newsgroup and in other forums about the 'waste ink tank is full' messages and how to reset the printer. Taking the printer to a repair facility may end up costing nearly as much as a new printer. The tank isn't a bottle or container as the name implies. It is an absorbent pad. If you don't go overboard with deep cleaning cycles the chances are good that you'll not ever see this message for your printer. -- Ron "Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message news:42eb7fa8$0$78157$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the > printer, > and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are > replaced. > So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridg...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for Epson, I don't know about Canon. Pipermedic In article pipermedic says... > I believe that Canon has the > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for > Epson, I don't know about Canon. > > > Canon carts don't have chips. If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills. Definitely Epson R300. But you said: "2. Economy. Although I can get th...

Canon Printer Question
I have just bought a Canon i450 printer. (PC Win 98 SE with USB connection) It works great, but what is the annoying"mechanical cycle" it goes through for about a minute everytime I have finished a print. Before I call Canon and whinge, does anyone have any similar experiences, or is it a faulty printer? "LGordon" <Lindsay.J.Gordon@team.telstra.com> wrote in message news:bhbog8$1lr$1@mws-stat-syd.cdn.telstra.com.au... > I have just bought a Canon i450 printer. > (PC Win 98 SE with USB connection) > It works great, but what is the annoying&quo...

Canon Catrige 41 & 40 question Canon Pixma MP160 ink out
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0102_01CAC82E.D2499950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I manually refilled these 2 carts and they work fine, but the printer = monitor still indicates ink is out. Is there a chip inside the carts that need to be reset? Can I reset them through the printer software? Thanks in advance ------=_NextPart_000_0102_01CAC82E.D2499950 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DO...

Canon PIXMA iP4000
Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where? Martin ���� On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 13:39:35 +0100, Martin ���� wrote: > Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where? It's announced for August in the US - and I have not seen it there yet. For Europe it's announced for September - I was told about a first delivery in Germany on 2004-09-05. HTH, Martin PS: oops, sorry for you that you have a name like this ;-) I just noticed because it exploded my introduction line. On 9 Aug 2004 08:23:14 GMT, Martin Trautmann <t-use@gmx.net> wrote: >On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 13:39:35 +0100, Martin ���� wrote: >> Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where? >It's announced for August in the US - and I have not seen it there yet. When I did a google search there where several US sites >For Europe it's announced for September - I was told about a first >delivery in Germany on 2004-09-05. >HTH, >Martin Thanks Martin On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 11:22:29 +0100, Martin ���� wrote: > On 9 Aug 2004 08:23:14 GMT, Martin Trautmann <t-use@gmx.net> wrote: > > >On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 13:39:35 +0100, Martin ���� wrote: > >> Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where? > >It's announced for August in the US - and I have not seen it there yet. > > When I did a google search there where several US s...

canon pixma ip4000
welps, I had the occasion to print some pics for my mom but unfornately, it was for rancid gossip involving my cousins. anyways.... the pixma ip4000 did a really good job of printing the pictures on plain paper under windows98 pmview version and was surprisingly fast (much faster than the old epson color600 was, that one took forever to print a color pic). I just wish it were so for the OS/2 version of pmview. it wasn't very good. it looked like a cross between 16bit & 256bit colors On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:07:33 -0400, Dilbert Firestorm wrote: :>welps,...

Canon PIXMA iP4000
I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has anyone set it up sucessfully? I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. "hyperfusion" <jonathanho15@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1114820232.945735.55130@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has >anyone > set it up sucessfully? > I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. > Canon has drivers for Linux on the japanese website. It's quite a PITA to find them, but go for www.canon.jp and search for an edit-box, that might be a search box and try: "PIXMA linux" They use mostly RPMs - is there something like debian's "alien" command for portage? HTH, Gernot hyperfusion wrote: > I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has anyone > set it up sucessfully? > I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. Why not use Turboprint for linux www.turboprint.de I use all the time and just bombs out cups all the time, and the support for all most every printer out there. ...

Canon Pixma iP4500 vs Canon Pixma iP4600
Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's model of the 4500? Thanks RDOC wrote: > Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's > model of the 4500? Thanks > I think you will find them to be very similar. There is, however, one significant difference. The 4500 ink tanks are readily available from a range of suppliers as the chips on the ink tanks have been " cracked." If you buy the 4600 you are currently tied in to buying only genuine Canon replacement ink tanks. There is a significant price diff...

New Printer/Canon iP4000
Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the docking station. Then another said their Canon turned off automatically. I found "Auto Power" under the Maintenance Tab. Both were disabled. I enabled both and set Power off to 15 minutes. OK? And it doesn't say but I'm assuming the Auto "Power On" turns the printer on automatically when you start a print job (like the HP) Thanks, Monica Monica wrote: >Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this >time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into >information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be >used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo >printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant >issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to >turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the &g...

Canon Pixma Ip5000 Printer
Canon Compatible (9) Pack BCI-3eBk/BCI-6 (3BCI-3eBk / 2BCI-6C/2BCI-6M/2BCI-6Y) for Canon i560 etc Price:$75.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000C159LW Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000C159LW 15 Pack Canon BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$13.50 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IT224Y Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IT224Y 20 Pack BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$22.95 Image: http://bestdealfin...

Canon Pixma Mp160 Printer
Canon Pixma MP470 Photo All-In-One Inkjet Printer (2177B002) Price:$99.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000SQ5N4Y Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000SQ5N4Y Genuine Canon PG-40 CL-41 Ink Cartridge Set for Pixma ip1600 ip1700 ip1800 ip2600 MP140 MP150 MP160 MP170 MP180 MP190 MP210 MP450 MP460 MP470 MX300 MX310 Price:$56.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0025HW7FC Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0025HW7FC Canon Pixma MP210 Photo All-In-One Inkjet Printer (2175B002) Price:$79.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0...

question for other Pixma iP4000 owners
First, I'm running Mac OS X.4. I bought the Canon Pixma iP4000 back in April and have had a persistent problem with banding. Canon sent me a replacement printer, and a replacment print head, to no avail. I've tried printing from a different computer (another Mac), using different software, different images, etc. Same result. I've talked to Canon support about 6 times and they've basically given up. Anyone else on a Mac (or otherwise) have this problem? It sure seems odd that more people would be having this problem because I've done nothing out of the ordinary, printing-wise. I'm using the stock inks that came with the printer, on Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy paper. I really wish I'd taken this thing back to the store for a refund when I had the chance. Ugh. TIA crunch.hardtack@gmail.com wrote: > First, I'm running Mac OS X.4. I bought the Canon Pixma iP4000 back in > April and have had a persistent problem with banding. Canon sent me a > replacement printer, and a replacment print head, to no avail. I've > tried printing from a different computer (another Mac), using different > software, different images, etc. Same result. I've talked to Canon > support about 6 times and they've basically given up. > Anyone else on a Mac (or otherwise) have this problem? It sure seems > odd that more people would be having this problem because I've done > nothing out of the ordinary, prin...

Canon Pixma MP520 question
Hello A friend has an MP 520 and wants to print on 10" by 7" paper - there appears to be no custom size setting in the driver menu. Can this printer have paper size set to custom sizes? If so, where's the appropriate command? Regards John ...

Canon Pixma Mp830 Printer
Canon PIXMA MX700 Office All-On-One Inkjet Printer Price:$199.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000V2TTNG Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000V2TTNG Canon Pixma MX850 Office All-In-One Inkjet Printer (2436B002) Price:$329.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0012S75NE Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0012S75NE Genuine Canon 5 Ink Cartridge Set for IP4200 IP4300 IP4500 IP5200 IP5200R MP500 MP530 MP600 MP610 MP800 MP800R MP810 MP830 MX850 Price:$64.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001HKQDJE Best d...

Printer Server for Canon ip4000
Hi, I have tried connecting a Canon ip4000 (not R version) to a Hawking HPS1U printer server. It does not work, and Canon refuse to recommend a printer server. Does anybody know a printer server that does work with the ip4000? thanks, ...

Canon Pixma iP4600 Printer
Does anyone have experience of using this model of USB connected printer on Iyonix (RISC OS 5.13) ? So far I have tried with the printer plugged into the Iyonix on boot up. The computer does its POST, but stops at the "no keyboard" message and sits for a good minute, before continuing to the Desktop, but without any extras loaded (I have a Filer window open, and AppDoc load on boot). After a further half minute or so the hard disc runs and boot completes. However the machine locks up almost as soon as I try to do anything, such as open a directory, or run !Printers, and I end up hi...

Canon PIXMA iP2600 (printer)
Hi folks, I was wondering if there was any word on when a driver will be developed for this printer. I just bought this printer but it (obviously) only comes with Windows and Mac drivers. I checked the CUPS website and couldn't find anything. The printer is recognized by my Fedora 10 machine as I do have it physically setup properly with the USB and power cables. Thanks if anyone can help! http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=184&modelid=16278 Hi :) Check this link and you'll find the linux drivers for this printer...

canon I860 printer question
I thought I had posted a previous request about info for the correct paper to use when printing in text-only but I don't see my message so I'm requestiong it again. I have quite a bit of homework and syllabi to print out and I sometimes need to highlight area. However, when I try to highlight the black ink just smears. My setting are draft and plain paper. My paper is Office Depot's recycled paper. Any help on what type of paper to use would be great. Michael On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 05:58:37 GMT, lordmajax wrote: >I thought I had posted a previous request about info ...

Web resources about - Canon PIXMA iP4000 questions - comp.periphs.printers

The six big questions heading into the final round of NRL trials
There are plenty of unresolved questions heading into the final round of NRL trials.

Embarrassing results raise questions about World Club Series expansion plans
"This is embarrassing. They are too big and too fast. It has to stop. It's embarrassing." So said a fan at DW Stadium who was so outraged at ...

HSBC banking app replacing passwords & memorable questions with Touch ID and voice-recognition
HSBC has told the BBC that it is going all-in on biometric security, replacing both passwords and memorable questions with a combination of Touch ...

"Why Not Question Trump’s Faith?"/Why not question everything everyone asserts about relgion?
The first question is asked by Kevin D. Williamson at The National Review. The second question is mine and is intended not so much as a question ...

In Pope Francis era, US candidates face new moral questions
Business Insider In Pope Francis era, US candidates face new moral questions Business Insider FILE - In this Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2016 file ...

New Documents Raise Questions, Answer Others, About Shaun King’s Past
Black Lives Matter activist Shaun King is at the center of a firestorm over an article he wrote last weekend about sexual harassment allegations ...

How To Answer 15 Common Job Interview Questions
Have a job interview coming up? Here are answers to 15 common job interview questions, to inspire you!

Umberto Eco Asked the Hard Questions About the Myths We Can't Help Believing In
Most people know Umberto Eco as the author of The Name of the Rose (pictured above), a Medieval detective story that caused a sensation. But ...

Freedom 251 Scam? Online Sales Of $4 Smartphone Suspended As Major Questions Arise About Its Origin
Freedom 251 may be a scam, experts warn as serious questions arise about the $4 smartphone and the embattled company that makes it decided to ...