Canon Pixma iP4000 refuses to print on empty ink

Hi all,

a Canon Pixma iP4000 is used both from Mac and Win XP via USB (either or).

The current default Win printing setup is to print BW only - most of the
printouts are plain text. For any reason the printer used up the
color ink very fast before. I guess, OOo on the Mac did not know about the
black text ink, nor the black photo ink and used YMC instead - those
where empty first.

Now photo black was empty. The printer extension (Win) then refused to
print the next BW page. Its help mentionned that printing could be done
on one's own risk. However, there was no option at all to force the
printout. Instead, printing was blocked until a new black photo black
was inserted.

Where did I miss the point how to force printing?

What's a suitable dummy liquid which I could refill to empty cartridges
in order to permit the frequent head cleanings? The head should be kept
clean for later color prints. However, at the moment the printer sucks
empty color ink without any real profit (other than Canon's ink sales).
Is pure water good enough?

Thanks,
Martin
0
Martin

> What's a suitable dummy liquid which I could refill to empty cartridges
> Is pure water good enough?

Keep in mind the fact that these cartridges are actually used even on
grey scale prints.  I'd go with bulk ink rather than pure water, while
$2.50ish/ounce it's at least the right stuff, or rather close enough to
it.  You "might" be able to get by with windex though i've never tried
it for an extended period of time.

0
zakezuke
1/13/2006 1:10:48 PM

Martin Trautmann wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>a Canon Pixma iP4000 is used both from Mac and Win XP via USB (either or).
>
>The current default Win printing setup is to print BW only - most of the
>printouts are plain text. For any reason the printer used up the
>color ink very fast before. I guess, OOo on the Mac did not know about the
>black text ink, nor the black photo ink and used YMC instead - those
>where empty first.
>
>Now photo black was empty. The printer extension (Win) then refused to
>print the next BW page. Its help mentionned that printing could be done
>on one's own risk. However, there was no option at all to force the
>printout. Instead, printing was blocked until a new black photo black
>was inserted.
>
>Where did I miss the point how to force printing?
>
>What's a suitable dummy liquid which I could refill to empty cartridges
>in order to permit the frequent head cleanings?

HOW ABOUT CANADIAN CLUB

>The head should be kept
>clean for later color prints. However, at the moment the printer sucks
>empty color ink without any real profit (other than Canon's ink sales).
>Is pure water good enough?
>
>Thanks,
>Martin

0
measekite
1/13/2006 4:48:03 PM
measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> posted the exciting message

> HOW ABOUT CANADIAN CLUB

Is that the fuel for your stinkjet?
0
Prime
1/14/2006 4:42:27 AM
> how about canadian club

Actually I thought it was a turkey club

turkey
canadian bacon
lettuce
tomato
basil
cheese

But I guess you could call it a Canadian club.  But what this has to do
with printing I have no idea.

0
zakezuke
1/14/2006 11:50:22 AM
"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1137239422.507000.258180
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

>> how about canadian club
>
> Actually I thought it was a turkey club

Canadian Club is liquor.
0
Gary
1/14/2006 8:39:50 PM
>> Actually I thought it was a turkey club

>Canadian Club is liquor.

I could continue this joke and talk about Canadian dance clubs but I
will refrain.

But seriously I had seen resturants offer Canadian Clubs, which to me
are just turkey clubs.  I guess the Ham / back bacon might be a
non-standard offering.  I'm not a big wiskey drinker so I actually
wasn't familar with the drink.

0
zakezuke

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected...

Canon Pixma printers: ink cartridges, print-head cleaners
I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon cartridges vs. generic it seems to me that the latter would be more cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads. And what about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised. Do they work? If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail. Or so I have been figuring. I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had experience with thes...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Printer Ink

Canon Pixma Printer Ink
5-Pack Non-OEM Ink w/ Chip for Canon PGI-5BK CLI-8 Pixma MP500 MP530 MP600 MP800 iP4200 iP4300 iP4500 iP5200 iP5200 Price:$8.91 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IO6DEY Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IO6DEY Canon Pixma Pro9000 Professional Large Format Inkjet Printer (9995A001) Price:$499.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000J1HPK8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000J1HPK8 6 Pack (3xBlack + 1 of Each Color) Compatible Ink w/ Chip for Canon Pixma iP3300 iP3500 MP510 MX700 PGI-5BK CLI-8 Price:$21.45 Image: http://bestdea...

Canon Pixma IP4000 ink refills
My son has a Canon Pixma IP4000 and we are looking for cheap refills. I use bulk refills for my Epson CX8400 from cisinks.com but they don't have them for the IP4000. I am pleased with the bulk refills and hope someone can direct us to a place where they have the same type ink refill for the Canon Pixma IP4000 Thanks for any help. John On Mar 30, 4:41=A0pm, thewiz <jwelles...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > My son has a Canon Pixma IP4000 and we are looking for cheap refills. > I use bulk refills for my Epson CX8400 from cisinks.com but they don't ha= ve > them for...

Canon PIXMA iP4000 duplex printing
Greetings I wish to print a 2 sided A4 document so that it can be folded (A5) Trouble is that when printed and folded the 2nd side is upside down in relation to the 1st Is there a way/setting to fix this, or am I stuck with printing one side then manually turning the paper to print the other side ? Martin ©¿©¬ <Martin @mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com> wrote in message news:j8pnl05qs6lqr3m3l269i459rgm879aghc@4ax.com... > Greetings > > I wish to print a 2 sided A4 document so that it can be folded (A5) > Trouble is that when printed and folde...

Print Server for Canon Pixma iP4000?
Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson 830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000. Any help appreciated. Thanks "Harry" <harry@hmack.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:v3flu0559kqocmk7j4r01ksqlqs46t731q@4ax.com... > Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon > Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried > a ...

Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly for the CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate labels using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to use this software to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the dedicated cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint software to be used? Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the way to the hub, using suitable full face printable discs? The Canon software I have seen demonstrated leaves a large diameter non-printed area in the middle. ...

Canon PIXMA ip4000. Duplex printing.
Hi. I'm a fresh owner of Canon PIXMA ip4000. This is a really good printer. Everything works fine but I don't understand one thing. When I print pages with ticked duplex printing function, everything black text/pictures/etc. looks like it is printed using only half tone of colour. Explanation: If you for example normally print 50% of colour e.g. black on purpose it is printed as dither pattern. But when you use solid kolor (e.g. black) it is printed as solid. When I print as a duplex it prints me solid colours as a dither patter like in about 50% of colour whilst wh...

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

Re: Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing
I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template details for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V. Groeneveld, are spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry all you folks in the States where CD / DVD printing is not an option) A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if the print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that expensive if you shop around. It does not require a new machine as per Epson; and ink, especially if bought in bulk, means minimal costs. Duplex printing works likea dream.A most r...

Canon Pixma IP3000 printer ink question
Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2 different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk and the BCI-6. The BCI-3eBK seems to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6. Anyone got a clue what the difference is? Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson? -- What am I selling on ebay right now? http://tinyurl.com/38yjc Earn money reading emails! http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm Simon Finnigan wrote: >Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but s...

Web resources about - Canon Pixma iP4000 refuses to print on empty ink - comp.periphs.printers

Refuse Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Refuse Act is a United States federal statute governing use of waterways . The Act, a section of the Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899 , prohibited ...

#Ferguson - Black Pastor Refuses to... - Tafadzwa ShakaRa Mbandaka - Facebook
One of the most BEAUTIFUL pieces of Tel-Lie-Vision I have had the pleasure of witnessing in the fall out of the events in #Ferguson following ...

David Prosser refuses to investigate pedophile priest despite mother's plea - YouTube
David Prosser refused to prosecute a priest who had been accused of sexually assaulting children. Instead, Prosser and the bishop made a deal ...

OPCW refuses to confirm nature of besieged Syria weapons depot
The UN chemical weapons watchdog would not say if the bunker, reported to contain sarin, was on a list submitted by Damascus that locates its ...

Rescue of the Day: Helicopter Saves Cop from Floods in Texas, Refuses to Put Him Down
A dramatic rescue in Sachse, Texas quickly took a turn for the funny on Friday, when a local cop was brought on a lengthy joyride over a farm. ...

Starbucks refuses to serve women in Saudi Arabia after gender-separating wall collapses
Saudi women have been banned from a Starbucks caf&eacute; in Saudi Arabia&rsquo;s capital city Riyadh.&nbsp;

Teachers likely to refuse pay deal
ACT teachers are unlikely to accept a 12 per cent pay offer while they continue to work longer hours than Australian and international averages. ...

Critic of Vatican refuses to step down from sex abuse commission
A prominent and outspoken British member of a papal advisory commission on sexual abuse by the clergy has refused to step down, saying only Pope ...