Canon Pixma IP4000 versus S820

Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)

TIA Gelf
0
Gelf

Gelf wrote:

>Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
>get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
>The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
>if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
>to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
>really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)
>
>TIA Gelf

It prints terrific photos.
0
measekite
5/12/2005 6:51:06 PM
The ip4000 is much quieter, and yes you will notice improved photo printing.
Disc printing is a breeze, also with excellent quality.

"Gelf" <oldanAT@freeuk.com> wrote in message
> Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
> get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
> The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
> if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
> to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
> really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)
>
> TIA Gelf

0
Dan
5/12/2005 7:26:29 PM
I have both printers (along with an i950). The s820 is quite good, however I
prefer the iP4000 to either the s820 or i950.  Much faster, more versatile
paper handling and imnsho the photo quality is better.  I haven't found  the
lack of the pc and pm cartridges to be a drawback. Being in the US I do wish
that we had the cd/dvd printing capabilities available to the European
market.

"Gelf" <oldanAT@freeuk.com> wrote in message
> Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
> get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
> The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
> if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
> to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
> really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)
>
> TIA Gelf

0
Ron
5/12/2005 8:17:13 PM
I have the UK IP4000, it was pretty expensive to get here, but I love it and
will quickly make up the cost in saved ink costs. The nice part is that it's
a multi-voltage printer, so no fancy electrics are needed in the USA.

"Ron Cohen" <drc023@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I have both printers (along with an i950). The s820 is quite good, however
> prefer the iP4000 to either the s820 or i950.  Much faster, more versatile
> paper handling and imnsho the photo quality is better.  I haven't found
the
> lack of the pc and pm cartridges to be a drawback. Being in the US I do
wish
> that we had the cd/dvd printing capabilities available to the European
> market.
>
> "Gelf" <oldanAT@freeuk.com> wrote in message
> > Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
> > get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
> > The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
> > if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
> > to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
> > really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)
> >
> > TIA Gelf

0
Dan
5/12/2005 9:27:49 PM
op:
Thanks for your replies. It looks like I'll get an IP4000 as soon as
funds permit.
Gelf

On Thu, 12 May 2005 15:27:49 -0600, "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote:

>I have the UK IP4000, it was pretty expensive to get here, but I love it and
>will quickly make up the cost in saved ink costs. The nice part is that it's
>a multi-voltage printer, so no fancy electrics are needed in the USA.
>

>"Ron Cohen" <drc023@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> I have both printers (along with an i950). The s820 is quite good, however
>> prefer the iP4000 to either the s820 or i950.  Much faster, more versatile
>> paper handling and imnsho the photo quality is better.  I haven't found
>the
>> lack of the pc and pm cartridges to be a drawback. Being in the US I do
>wish
>> that we had the cd/dvd printing capabilities available to the European
>> market.
>>
>> "Gelf" <oldanAT@freeuk.com> wrote in message
>> > Currently I have the S820 which is working fine, but I would like to
>> > get a printer that prints on CDRs and DVDs
>> > The IP4000 model sold in the UK has that facility; I'm just wondering
>> > if anyone has any thoughts on it's likely photo print quality compared
>> > to the S820: I don't want to end up with anything worse, but I don't
>> > really want to end up with two printers (as well as my laser!)
>> >
>> > TIA Gelf

0
Gelf

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

Warning about Canon PIXMA iP3000/iP4000 series printers
We were considering buying a Canon PIXMA iP3000 because these are the first printers we have ever seen that finally quit ripping people off quite so much on ink. The whole printer ink jet market, until now, has been a scam, making you spend an average of $40-$60 buy new print heads and cartridges for all three colors because one color runs out. That is like having to replace your gas tank, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, windshield washer tank and wiper motors, because you ran out of gas or got too low on radiator fluid. Oh, and by the way, there are no gauges, or transparent tanks, and no ...

UPDATE: "Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer"
I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180: (reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying Canon products. Shnaggletooth shnaggletooth@yahoo.com wrote: >I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight >from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. >And yes, it came with a new p...

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? >Only when draft is selected? > >Thanks in advance > > > > Here is a quick test you can perform. Use a photo with quite a bit of black areas. Open the cover on the printer and use a small screwdriver to hold down the cover interlock so that you can actually see the ink being put on the paper. Print the same photo using different paper modes. The BCI-3 black (pigmented black) is deposited with a much wider path than the BCI-6 black. Note also that the BCI-3 black appears to be used only when in plain paper mode. All other modes use only the BCI-6 black. You will see this when observing the printing operation. The other thing you can do is to wet your fingertip and move it across the edge of the printed area onto the unprinted area. You will see a difference in the amount of ink smearing. -- Ron Cohen...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

canon pixma ip4000
welps, I had the occasion to print some pics for my mom but unfornately, it was for rancid gossip involving my cousins. anyways.... the pixma ip4000 did a really good job of printing the pictures on plain paper under windows98 pmview version and was surprisingly fast (much faster than the old epson color600 was, that one took forever to print a color pic). I just wish it were so for the OS/2 version of pmview. it wasn't very good. it looked like a cross between 16bit & 256bit colors On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:07:33 -0400, Dilbert Firestorm wrote: :>welps,...

Canon PIXMA iP4000
I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has anyone set it up sucessfully? I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. "hyperfusion" <jonathanho15@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1114820232.945735.55130@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has >anyone > set it up sucessfully? > I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. > Canon has drivers for Linux on the japanese website. It's quite a PITA to find them, but go for www.canon.jp and search for an edit-box, that might be a search box and try: "PIXMA linux" They use mostly RPMs - is there something like debian's "alien" command for portage? HTH, Gernot hyperfusion wrote: > I can't seem to find the drivers for my Canon PIXMA iP4000. Has anyone > set it up sucessfully? > I'm using kernel 2.6.11 on a Gentoo box. Why not use Turboprint for linux www.turboprint.de I use all the time and just bombs out cups all the time, and the support for all most every printer out there. ...

Canon PIXMA iP4000
Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where? Martin ���� On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 13:39:35 +0100, Martin ���� wrote: > Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where? It's announced for August in the US - and I have not seen it there yet. For Europe it's announced for September - I was told about a first delivery in Germany on 2004-09-05. HTH, Martin PS: oops, sorry for you that you have a name like this ;-) I just noticed because it exploded my introduction line. On 9 Aug 2004 08:23:14 GMT, Martin Trautmann <t-use@gmx...

Canon Pixma iP4500 vs Canon Pixma iP4600
Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's model of the 4500? Thanks RDOC wrote: > Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's > model of the 4500? Thanks > I think you will find them to be very similar. There is, however, one significant difference. The 4500 ink tanks are readily available from a range of suppliers as the chips on the ink tanks have been " cracked." If you buy the 4600 you are currently tied in to buying only genuine Canon replacement ink tanks. There is a significant price diff...

Canon Pixma Photo Printer
Canon PIXMA MX860 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer Price:$199.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001R4C5BK Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001R4C5BK Canon MP480 All-in-One Photo Printer Price:$99.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6BW8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6BW8 Canon iP4600 Inkjet Photo Printer (2909B002) Price:$99.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6DH6 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6DH6 Canon MP980 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer Price:$349.00 Image: ht...

New Printer/Canon iP4000
Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the docking station. Then another said their Canon turned off automatically. I found "Auto Power" under the Maintenance Tab. Both were disabled. I enabled both and set Power off to 15 minutes. OK? And it doesn't say but I'm assuming the Auto "Power On" turns the printer on automatically when you start a print job (like the HP) Thanks, Monica Monica wrote: >Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this >time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into >information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be >used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo >printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant >issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to >turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the &g...

HP versus Canon Printer
Please help me with the following problem. I had made up my mind to buy a Canon I550 or i560 printer instead of an HP printer because I was told by computer sales people as well as in their ads that the Canon i550 or 560 used less ink due to having seperate ink cartridges for each color of ink. Today, however, one of the owners of a local Apple store, who has been in business for a long time, and who was trying to sell me an HP printer said that what I saved on a Canon for ink would be more than made up by not having to replace the printer head after every 5 or 6 cartridges of colored ink us...

Canon Pixma iP4600 Printer
Does anyone have experience of using this model of USB connected printer on Iyonix (RISC OS 5.13) ? So far I have tried with the printer plugged into the Iyonix on boot up. The computer does its POST, but stops at the "no keyboard" message and sits for a good minute, before continuing to the Desktop, but without any extras loaded (I have a Filer window open, and AppDoc load on boot). After a further half minute or so the hard disc runs and boot completes. However the machine locks up almost as soon as I try to do anything, such as open a directory, or run !Printers, and I end up hi...

Canon PIXMA iP4000 questions
Greetings Anyone got/use the Canon PIXMA iP4000 Any pros-cons Martin ���� ...

Canon Pixma Ip5000 Printer
Canon Compatible (9) Pack BCI-3eBk/BCI-6 (3BCI-3eBk / 2BCI-6C/2BCI-6M/2BCI-6Y) for Canon i560 etc Price:$75.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000C159LW Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000C159LW 15 Pack Canon BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$13.50 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IT224Y Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IT224Y 20 Pack BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$22.95 Image: http://bestdealfin...

Printer Server for Canon ip4000
Hi, I have tried connecting a Canon ip4000 (not R version) to a Hawking HPS1U printer server. It does not work, and Canon refuse to recommend a printer server. Does anybody know a printer server that does work with the ip4000? thanks, ...

Canon Pixma Mp160 Printer
Canon Pixma MP470 Photo All-In-One Inkjet Printer (2177B002) Price:$99.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000SQ5N4Y Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000SQ5N4Y Genuine Canon PG-40 CL-41 Ink Cartridge Set for Pixma ip1600 ip1700 ip1800 ip2600 MP140 MP150 MP160 MP170 MP180 MP190 MP210 MP450 MP460 MP470 MX300 MX310 Price:$56.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0025HW7FC Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0025HW7FC Canon Pixma MP210 Photo All-In-One Inkjet Printer (2175B002) Price:$79.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0...

Canon Pixma Printer Ink
5-Pack Non-OEM Ink w/ Chip for Canon PGI-5BK CLI-8 Pixma MP500 MP530 MP600 MP800 iP4200 iP4300 iP4500 iP5200 iP5200 Price:$8.91 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IO6DEY Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IO6DEY Canon Pixma Pro9000 Professional Large Format Inkjet Printer (9995A001) Price:$499.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000J1HPK8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000J1HPK8 6 Pack (3xBlack + 1 of Each Color) Compatible Ink w/ Chip for Canon Pixma iP3300 iP3500 MP510 MX700 PGI-5BK CLI-8 Price:$21.45 Image: http://bestdea...

Canon PIXMA iP4000 in the UK
Greetings I see that the Canon PIXMA iP4000 is starting to come into stock at Dabs (UK) http://www.dabs.com/uk/productview?quicklinx=3F1B Martin ©¿©¬ ...

Canon Pixma Mp830 Printer
Canon PIXMA MX700 Office All-On-One Inkjet Printer Price:$199.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000V2TTNG Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000V2TTNG Canon Pixma MX850 Office All-In-One Inkjet Printer (2436B002) Price:$329.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0012S75NE Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0012S75NE Genuine Canon 5 Ink Cartridge Set for IP4200 IP4300 IP4500 IP5200 IP5200R MP500 MP530 MP600 MP610 MP800 MP800R MP810 MP830 MX850 Price:$64.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001HKQDJE Best d...

Canon PIXMA iP4000 #2
Greetings I see that the Canon PIXMA iP4000 is starting to come into stock at Dabs (UK) http://www.dabs.com/uk/productview?quicklinx=3F1B Martin ©¿©¬ ...

Canon Pixma Ip1600 Printer
Genuine Canon PG-40 CL-41 Ink Cartridge Set for Pixma ip1600 ip1700 ip1800 ip2600 MP140 MP150 MP160 MP170 MP180 MP190 MP210 MP450 MP460 MP470 MX300 MX310 Price:$56.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0025HW7FC Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0025HW7FC Canon Pixma iP1800 Photo Inkjet Printer (1855B002) Price:$49.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000NNCL3I Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000NNCL3I Black Ink Refill Kit for Canon PG-30 PG-37 PG-40 PG-50 Cartridges Price:$4.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001VIFL4K Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001VIFL4K INKTANK PG-40 &amp; CL-41 combo pack for Canon Pixma iP1600, Pixma iP1700, Pixma iP1800, Pixma MP140, Pixma MP150, Pixma MP160, Pixma MP170, Pixma MP180, Pixma MP210, Pixma MP450, Pixma MP460, Pixma MP470, Pixma MX300, Pixma MX310 Price:$28.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001ONRMT4 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001ONRMT4 Color Ink Refill Kit for Canon CL-31 CL-38 CL-41 and CL-51 Inkjet Cartridges Price:$4.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001W2GZAE Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001W2GZAE New Original/Genuine/OEM/Authentic Canon tri-color CL-4l/CL4l --- print ink toner cartridge compatible for Canon PIXMA iP1600 iP1700 iP1800 iP2600 MP150 MP160 MP170 MP180 MP210 MP450 MP460 MP470 MX300 MX310 ribbon FAX all-in...

Printer driver for Canon S820
My Canon BJC4000 appears to have given up the ghost and sounds to have consumed a box of paperclips! I have a Canon S820 and have installed a Canon S800 printer driver but so far no printing. Anyone got any ideas? I am using Risc OS 4.02 on a RiscPC 700 Jim Whitworth -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk In message <na.8484444e5e.a801a0jimcel@orpheusmail.co....

Web resources about - Canon Pixma IP4000 versus S820 - comp.periphs.printers

Flickr: Martini DK
I'd like to thank the *Generous Comments* group for choosing me as "Photographer of the week" in week 44 2006. I've been taking photos for a ...

Canon Ink Finder
Message Dialog Close Display Update Message Product Comparison The maximum number of products that can be compared is 4. Please refine your selection. ...

Canon's PIXMA printers
Press releases always amuse us. The smug satisfaction thatthis product will finally be the one to fix all your woes, thisprinter will be the ...

Edible Ink - Printing Cake Frosting
At PrintCountry.com, our vast collection of edible inks - printing cake frosting ranges from Canon, to Epson, to HP. We offer a wide list of ...

Printer Support
Printer Support - Support Forum for printers, scanners and multi function devices

My MacBook fan was roaring. Why?
The MacBook sounded like a jet engine. Fan running full blast. I figured out what was wrong, but it took longer than it should have. I wonder ...

Canon Ink Cartridges cheap Canon printer cartridges Canon inkjet cartridges
Buy cheap Canon Ink Cartridges from Cartridge Save.Canon Free delivery on printer cartridges Canon inkjet cartridges

Site Map
Office Mojo

Conference Telephone - Polycom Conferance Phone - Konftel Conferance
We supply Business Telephone Systems, Office Phone Systems, Nortel Meridian Norstar Telephone system, BT Versatility Phone Systems, BCM50 IP ...