Canon PIXMA iP4000

Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where?

Martin
����
0
Martin

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 13:39:35 +0100, Martin ����   wrote:
>  Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where?

It's announced for August in the US - and I have not seen it there yet.

For Europe it's announced for September - I was told about a first
delivery in Germany on 2004-09-05.

HTH,
Martin

PS: oops, sorry for you that you have a name like this ;-)
I just noticed because it exploded my introduction line.

0
Martin
8/9/2004 8:23:14 AM
On 9 Aug 2004 08:23:14 GMT, Martin Trautmann <t-use@gmx.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 13:39:35 +0100, Martin ����   wrote:
>>  Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where?
>It's announced for August in the US - and I have not seen it there yet.

When I did a google search there where several US sites

>For Europe it's announced for September - I was told about a first
>delivery in Germany on 2004-09-05.

>HTH,
>Martin

Thanks Martin
0
Martin
8/9/2004 10:22:29 AM
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 11:22:29 +0100, Martin ����  wrote:
>  On 9 Aug 2004 08:23:14 GMT, Martin Trautmann <t-use@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 13:39:35 +0100, Martin ����   wrote:
> >>  Is this printer available on-line in the UK yet and if so where?
> >It's announced for August in the US - and I have not seen it there yet.
>
>  When I did a google search there where several US sites

which actually do deliver?

When I check e.g. http://www.geizhals.at/deutschland/a110872.html ,
there are many dealers listed with price. But actually, I suppose none
of them got this product on stock.

amazon.com claims: "Usually ships within 1 to 2 weeks" instead of
"Usually ships within 24 hours". That's why I doubt its actual
availability.

Regards,
Martin
0
Martin
8/9/2004 11:20:35 AM
On 9 Aug 2004 11:20:35 GMT, Martin Trautmann <t-use@gmx.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 11:22:29 +0100, Martin ����  wrote:
>> >It's announced for August in the US - and I have not seen it there yet.
>>  When I did a google search there where several US sites
>which actually do deliver?
>When I check e.g. http://www.geizhals.at/deutschland/a110872.html ,
>there are many dealers listed with price. But actually, I suppose none
>of them got this product on stock.
>amazon.com claims: "Usually ships within 1 to 2 weeks" instead of
>"Usually ships within 24 hours". That's why I doubt its actual
>availability.

Good point
When i looked at the US sites it was noticeable that their specs made
no mention of "print CDs"  (i'm aware of the US restrictions)

Regards,
Martin

0
Martin

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

Warning about Canon PIXMA iP3000/iP4000 series printers
We were considering buying a Canon PIXMA iP3000 because these are the first printers we have ever seen that finally quit ripping people off quite so much on ink. The whole printer ink jet market, until now, has been a scam, making you spend an average of $40-$60 buy new print heads and cartridges for all three colors because one color runs out. That is like having to replace your gas tank, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, windshield washer tank and wiper motors, because you ran out of gas or got too low on radiator fluid. Oh, and by the way, there are no gauges, or transparent tanks, and no ...

UPDATE: "Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer"
I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180: (reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying Canon products. Shnaggletooth shnaggletooth@yahoo.com wrote: >I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight >from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. >And yes, it came with a new p...

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

canon pixma ip4000
welps, I had the occasion to print some pics for my mom but unfornately, it was for rancid gossip involving my cousins. anyways.... the pixma ip4000 did a really good job of printing the pictures on plain paper under windows98 pmview version and was surprisingly fast (much faster than the old epson color600 was, that one took forever to print a color pic). I just wish it were so for the OS/2 version of pmview. it wasn't very good. it looked like a cross between 16bit & 256bit colors On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:07:33 -0400, Dilbert Firestorm wrote: :>welps,...

Canon Pixma iP4500 vs Canon Pixma iP4600
Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's model of the 4500? Thanks RDOC wrote: > Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's > model of the 4500? Thanks > I think you will find them to be very similar. There is, however, one significant difference. The 4500 ink tanks are readily available from a range of suppliers as the chips on the ink tanks have been " cracked." If you buy the 4600 you are currently tied in to buying only genuine Canon replacement ink tanks. There is a significant price diff...

Canon PIXMA iP2600 (printer)
Hi folks, I was wondering if there was any word on when a driver will be developed for this printer. I just bought this printer but it (obviously) only comes with Windows and Mac drivers. I checked the CUPS website and couldn't find anything. The printer is recognized by my Fedora 10 machine as I do have it physically setup properly with the USB and power cables. Thanks if anyone can help! http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=184&modelid=16278 Hi :) Check this link and you'll find the linux drivers for this printer...

Canon PIXMA iP4000 questions
Greetings Anyone got/use the Canon PIXMA iP4000 Any pros-cons Martin ���� ...

New Printer/Canon iP4000
Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the docking station. Then another said their Canon turned off automaticall...

Printer Server for Canon ip4000
Hi, I have tried connecting a Canon ip4000 (not R version) to a Hawking HPS1U printer server. It does not work, and Canon refuse to recommend a printer server. Does anybody know a printer server that does work with the ip4000? thanks, ...

Canon Pixma iP4600 Printer
Does anyone have experience of using this model of USB connected printer on Iyonix (RISC OS 5.13) ? So far I have tried with the printer plugged into the Iyonix on boot up. The computer does its POST, but stops at the "no keyboard" message and sits for a good minute, before continuing to the Desktop, but without any extras loaded (I have a Filer window open, and AppDoc load on boot). After a further half minute or so the hard disc runs and boot completes. However the machine locks up almost as soon as I try to do anything, such as open a directory, or run !Printers, and I end up hi...

Web resources about - Canon PIXMA iP4000 - comp.periphs.printers

Flickr: Martini DK
I'd like to thank the *Generous Comments* group for choosing me as "Photographer of the week" in week 44 2006. I've been taking photos for a ...

Canon Ink Finder
Message Dialog Close Display Update Message Product Comparison The maximum number of products that can be compared is 4. Please refine your selection. ...

Canon's PIXMA printers
Press releases always amuse us. The smug satisfaction thatthis product will finally be the one to fix all your woes, thisprinter will be the ...

Edible Ink - Printing Cake Frosting
At PrintCountry.com, our vast collection of edible inks - printing cake frosting ranges from Canon, to Epson, to HP. We offer a wide list of ...

Printer Support
Printer Support - Support Forum for printers, scanners and multi function devices

My MacBook fan was roaring. Why?
The MacBook sounded like a jet engine. Fan running full blast. I figured out what was wrong, but it took longer than it should have. I wonder ...

Canon Ink Cartridges cheap Canon printer cartridges Canon inkjet cartridges
Buy cheap Canon Ink Cartridges from Cartridge Save.Canon Free delivery on printer cartridges Canon inkjet cartridges

Site Map
Office Mojo

Conference Telephone - Polycom Conferance Phone - Konftel Conferance
We supply Business Telephone Systems, Office Phone Systems, Nortel Meridian Norstar Telephone system, BT Versatility Phone Systems, BCM50 IP ...