Canon Pixma IP4500

My trusted IP4000 has just given up the ghost ( carriage problem) so I'm
looking at the IP4500 as a replacement

A couple of questions if anyone would be so good as to answer them

1. Do compatible cartridges work ok with this model
2. Has anyone tried the following supplier? The prices for cartridges for
the 4500 are much cheaper than I've been paying for my 4000

http://shop.ink.co.uk/

Just in case Measkite pops up with his slanted view on original carts, let
me say that I have saved hundreds of �s on compatibles and there is no way
that I would buy a printer where compatibles were not readily available.

TIA to anyone who posts sensible replies

0
ac

"ac" <lightningfast@SPAMMYntlworld.com> wrote in message
> My trusted IP4000 has just given up the ghost ( carriage problem) so I'm
> looking at the IP4500 as a replacement
>
> A couple of questions if anyone would be so good as to answer them
>
> 1. Do compatible cartridges work ok with this model
> 2. Has anyone tried the following supplier? The prices for cartridges for
> the 4500 are much cheaper than I've been paying for my 4000
>
> http://shop.ink.co.uk/

I'm sure you are aware of Canon's new carts that have chips on them to
remember that the cart is empty when you've depleted the ink in it.   At
least in the US,  you need to transfer the chip from the OEM cart to the
compatable to get the printer to function at all.  The chip remembers that
it is from an empty cart and the printer doesn't work unless you agree to
forego your warranty.  You also lose the ink monitoring function.  The short
answer is that compat carts work but you need to transplant the chip.
Refilling is quite easy and is the least expensive way to go, but you have
the same result with losing the warranty and ink monitoring function.  There
is a chip resetter on the market, but it is sufficiently expensive that only
commercial refilling firms would find it practical to buy one.  I think that
one of the refilling companies in the UK has that service.

Frankly, what I would do is refill the OEM carts and have a spare set to
always have full ones to replace the empties.  After several refills you can
purge the OEM carts and they will work again like new.

0
Burt
1/14/2008 2:08:14 AM
"Burt" <nospam@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> Frankly, what I would do is refill the OEM carts and have a spare set to
> always have full ones to replace the empties.  After several refills you
> can purge the OEM carts and they will work again like new.

Actually, swapping tanks will not help, as the printer will remember them as
being empty. So you'd still wind up disabling the level monitoring system.

To the OP:

The IP4500 is superior to the IP4000 in several ways, mostly in the head.
Faster and better resolution, it's an excellent printer.  I believe that
most folks in the UK prefer the JetTek compatible inks. I also have read
about compatible tanks in the UK with re-set chips already on them.

0
DanG
1/14/2008 4:44:00 AM
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:16:15 GMT, "ac"
<lightningfast@SPAMMYntlworld.com> wrote:

>My trusted IP4000 has just given up the ghost ( carriage problem) so I'm
>looking at the IP4500 as a replacement

snip

How old as the IP4000 when it failed?  It can't have been that old, is
there an inherent problem of reliability (not print head) with Canon
printers.  I have a couple of HPs that must be ten years old or more
and are going strong.

I appreciate the longevity of printers will depend upon their usage
but the IP is a 'home' printer and I assume cannot have seen severe
service.
0
Edward
1/14/2008 6:22:28 AM
"Edward W. Thompson" <thomeduk1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:16:15 GMT, "ac"
> <lightningfast@SPAMMYntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>My trusted IP4000 has just given up the ghost ( carriage problem) so I'm
>>looking at the IP4500 as a replacement
>>
> snip
>
> How old as the IP4000 when it failed?  It can't have been that old, is
> there an inherent problem of reliability (not print head) with Canon
> printers.  I have a couple of HPs that must be ten years old or more
> and are going strong.
>
> I appreciate the longevity of printers will depend upon their usage
> but the IP is a 'home' printer and I assume cannot have seen severe
> service.

Cartridge World in the UK is a company that can refil and reset the chips in
these cartridges.

I get very good results when I use them myself.
Regards
Stick

0
Stick
1/14/2008 7:14:02 AM
"DanG" <nospam@q.com> wrote in message

> "Burt" <nospam@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>>

>> Frankly, what I would do is refill the OEM carts and have a spare set to
>> always have full ones to replace the empties.  After several refills you
>> can purge the OEM carts and they will work again like new.
>>

> Actually, swapping tanks will not help, as the printer will remember them
> as being empty. So you'd still wind up disabling the level monitoring
> system.
>
> To the OP:
>
> The IP4500 is superior to the IP4000 in several ways, mostly in the head.
> Faster and better resolution, it's an excellent printer.  I believe that
> most folks in the UK prefer the JetTek compatible inks. I also have read
> about compatible tanks in the UK with re-set chips already on them.

:Dan - earlier in my post I covered (possibly not clearly enough) the fact
that you would lose the ink monitor and your warranty by using a prefilled
cart with a transplanted chip - same with a refilled OEM cart.  I would
still, because of the exceptional savings, refill as I mentioned in my last
post.  The refilled OEM carts with the reset chips that are available from a
few firms cost considerably more.  Understandable as the resetters are
expensive.  Refilling provides the best savings and the ability to use a
known manufacturer's ink.

0
Burt
1/14/2008 7:31:27 AM
ac wrote:

> My trusted IP4000 has just given up the ghost ( carriage problem) so I'm
> looking at the IP4500 as a replacement
>
> A couple of questions if anyone would be so good as to answer them
>
> 1. Do compatible cartridges work ok with this model
> 2. Has anyone tried the following supplier? The prices for cartridges for
> the 4500 are much cheaper than I've been paying for my 4000
>
> http://shop.ink.co.uk/
>
> Just in case Measkite pops up with his slanted view on original carts, let
> me say that I have saved hundreds of �s on compatibles and there is no way
> that I would buy a printer where compatibles were not readily available.
>
> TIA to anyone who posts sensible replies

Useful info about refilling CLI-8* and PGI-5BK cartridges can be found
at
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/index.php
Switching off ink-level monitoring is not an issue, because by removing
the tapered piece of plastic and the upper part of the clip, the
inklevel can be checked visually while the cartridges are in the
printer.
See also
http://members.lycos.nl/dmjbijzboek/Electronics/CLI-8-inklevel.jpg
When the transparant part of the cartridge is empty, there is ample time
to refill it, because the foamed part still contains a lot of ink, so
there is no danger of running dry.

I do the refilling accordingly to the "German" method, which is quick,
easy and clean.

I own an IP4200; there are reports that an IP4300 and later models
simply refuses printing if ink-level monitoring is switched off for all
5 catridges.

--
Have fun, Bert
0

ac wrote:
> My trusted IP4000 has just given up the ghost ( carriage problem) so I'm
> looking at the IP4500 as a replacement
>
> A couple of questions if anyone would be so good as to answer them
>
> 1. Do compatible cartridges work ok with this model

NO!  There is not such thing.  The ink is a new formulation and is patented.
> 2. Has anyone tried the following supplier? The prices for cartridges for
> the 4500 are much cheaper than I've been paying for my 4000

Genuine ink is about $2.00 more per cart.
> http://shop.ink.co.uk/
>
> Just in case Measkite pops up with his slanted view on original carts, let
> me say that I have saved hundreds of �s on compatibles and there is no way
> that I would buy a printer where compatibles were not readily available.

You saved nothing.  You paid less and got less.  Your prints will not
archive as long and the color quality is not as good.
> TIA to anyone who posts sensible replies

0
measekite
<head>
</head>
Edward W. Thompson wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:16:15 GMT, "ac"
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:lightningfast@SPAMMYntlworld.com">&lt;lightningfast@SPAMMYntlworld.com&gt;</a> wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">My trusted IP4000 has just given up the ghost ( carriage problem) so I'm

  <pre wrap=""><!---->snip

How old as the IP4000 when it failed?  It can't have been that old, is
there an inherent problem of reliability (not print head) with Canon
printers. </pre>
Only when you do not use Canon ink.<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap=""> I have a couple of HPs that must be ten years old or more
and are going strong.

I appreciate the longevity of printers will depend upon their usage
but the IP is a 'home' printer and I assume cannot have seen severe
service.
  </pre>
0
measekite
1/14/2008 5:27:47 PM
I tend to print a lot of photos due to the cheap replacement carts I can
get. So I suppose the printer does get heavier than normal use.

The breakdown was mainly my fault due to over zealous removal of  wire that
had become entangled in the mechanism. Result a broken piece of plastic from
the paper loading mechanism. I've had no other problems with the printer and
would buy another one tomorrow if they were still available.

Thanks to everyone for their replies and I think I will have a go at filling
carts for my new IP4500. From what I can gather sealing the filling hole
after the fill can be a problem. I've read that silicone is quite good. Can
anyone confirm this?

"Edward W. Thompson" <thomeduk1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:16:15 GMT, "ac"
> <lightningfast@SPAMMYntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>My trusted IP4000 has just given up the ghost ( carriage problem) so I'm
>>looking at the IP4500 as a replacement
>>
> snip
>
> How old as the IP4000 when it failed?  It can't have been that old, is
> there an inherent problem of reliability (not print head) with Canon
> printers.  I have a couple of HPs that must be ten years old or more
> and are going strong.
>
> I appreciate the longevity of printers will depend upon their usage
> but the IP is a 'home' printer and I assume cannot have seen severe
> service.

0
ac
<head>
</head>
OpaPiloot wrote:
  <pre wrap="">ac wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">My trusted IP4000 has just given up the ghost ( carriage problem) so I'm
looking at the IP4500 as a replacement

A couple of questions if anyone would be so good as to answer them

1. Do compatible cartridges work ok with this model
2. Has anyone tried the following supplier? The prices for cartridges for
the 4500 are much cheaper than I've been paying for my 4000

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://shop.ink.co.uk/">http://shop.ink.co.uk/</a>

Just in case Measkite pops up with his slanted view on original carts, let
me say that I have saved hundreds of &pound;s on compatibles and there is no way
that I would buy a printer where compatibles were not readily available.

TIA to anyone who posts sensible replies
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
snip

I do the refilling accordingly to the "German" method, which is quick,
easy and clean.
  </pre>
oktune is not itune<br>
  <pre wrap="">
I own an IP4200; there are reports that an IP4300 and later models
simply refuses printing </pre>
That should protect the printer against inferior ink.<br>
  <pre wrap="">if ink-level monitoring is switched off for all
5 catridges.

  </pre>
0
measekite
1/14/2008 5:31:29 PM
measekite wrote:

....just more of his incessant lies.
Grow up loser.
Frank
0
Frank
1/14/2008 5:39:18 PM
measekite wrote:

....are you really that numb and dumb?
You are an idiot!
Frank
0
Frank
1/14/2008 5:40:03 PM
Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>
> ...just more of his incessant lies.
> Grow up loser.
> Frank

Think about your heart, you better let your mail client filter M away,
then you never hear from him again. May he RIP.

--
Have fun, Bert
0
measekite wrote:

....his usual stupid, uninformed bullshit.
Loser.
Frank
0
Frank
1/14/2008 6:06:28 PM

> Thanks to everyone for their replies and I think I will have a go at
> filling carts for my new IP4500. From what I can gather sealing the
> filling hole after the fill can be a problem. I've read that silicone is
> quite good. Can anyone confirm this?

The compatible tanks generally have a fill hole already in them. Silicone
plugs are also available from most sellers. For sealing the OEM tanks,
silicone is good, some folks also use a steel set screw.

0
DanG
1/14/2008 7:30:07 PM
"ac" <lightningfast@SPAMMYntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I tend to print a lot of photos due to the cheap replacement carts I can
>get. So I suppose the printer does get heavier than normal use.
>
> The breakdown was mainly my fault due to over zealous removal of  wire
> that had become entangled in the mechanism. Result a broken piece of
> plastic from the paper loading mechanism. I've had no other problems with
> the printer and would buy another one tomorrow if they were still
> available.
>
> Thanks to everyone for their replies and I think I will have a go at
> filling carts for my new IP4500. From what I can gather sealing the
> filling hole after the fill can be a problem. I've read that silicone is
> quite good. Can anyone confirm this?

(snip)

ac - Sign on to  http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/    and read through the
threads on sealing the fill hole, purging the carts,  and on the German
method of refilling.  I prefer to refill Canon OEM carts.  I create a fill
hole between the factory fill hole that has the little plastic ball in it
and the end of the cart over the reservoir area.  I start the hole with a
hot push pin and jiggle it around a little bit to enlarge it.  I then screw
into this hole a stainless steel  #6 3/8 inch sheet metal phillips panhead
screw with a tight fitting O-ring.  You occasionally have to replace the
O-rings when they get flattened out or spread a bit, but I've never had a
cart leak into my printer with this technique.  One participant on the forum
uses flathead screws without O-rings.  These screwheads have a tapered
underside that apparently seals well also.  I'm partial to the O-rings as
I've never had a problem using them.

 I've never used the German technique, but people who use it like it a lot
as there is no need to seal the hole you create to fill the cart.  After
several refills with any technique, however, you need to purge the carts of
any dried ink  and they will then work like new again.  They purge best with
a hole created over the reservoir chamber, so if you use the German method
you will still have to make a hole in that area and seal it after the carts
are purged and dried.

0
Burt
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
ac wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">I tend to print a lot of photos due to the cheap replacement carts I can
get. So I suppose the printer does get heavier than normal use.

The breakdown was mainly my fault due to over zealous removal of  wire that
had become entangled in the mechanism. Result a broken piece of plastic from
the paper loading mechanism. I've had no other problems with the printer and
would buy another one tomorrow if they were still available.

Thanks to everyone for their replies and I think I will have a go at filling
carts for my new IP4500.</pre>
If you print many photos, are not fussy about photo quality, and are
willing to accept a higher propensity of fading resulting in even lower
quality then you might benefit from the savings of the crap ink
provided you print enough so the head does not clog.<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap=""> From what I can gather sealing the filling hole
after the fill can be a problem. I've read that silicone is quite good. Can
anyone confirm this?

"Edward W. Thompson" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:thomeduk1@btopenworld.com">&lt;thomeduk1@btopenworld.com&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:gmvlo35h82e1jrs7h0fi597rgrjmnkrbb4@4ax.com">news:gmvlo35h82e1jrs7h0fi597rgrjmnkrbb4@4ax.com</a>...
  </pre>
[...]

OpaPiloot wrote:
  <pre wrap="">Frank wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">measekite wrote:

....just more of his incessant lies.
Grow up loser.
Frank
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Think about your heart, you better let your mail client filter M away,
then you never hear from him again. May he RIP.
  </pre>
But<br>
you gotta have heart.<br>
0
measekite
<head>
</head>
DanG wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">"ac" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:lightningfast@SPAMMYntlworld.com">&lt;lightningfast@SPAMMYntlworld.com&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:T_Mij.7740$g%2.542@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net">news:T_Mij.7740$g%2.542@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net</a>...
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Thanks to everyone for their replies and I think I will have a go at
filling carts for my new IP4500. From what I can gather sealing the
filling hole after the fill can be a problem. I've read that silicone is
quite good. Can anyone confirm this?

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

The compatible tanks generally have a fill hole already in them. Silicone
plugs are also available from most sellers. For sealing the OEM tanks,
silicone is good, some folks also use a steel set screw.
  </pre>
Mine are pre sealed from Canon.<br>
0
measekite

Canon Pixma iP4500 vs Canon Pixma iP4600
Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's model of the 4500? Thanks RDOC wrote: > Are these two the same printers except the 4600 being the next year's > model of the 4500? Thanks > I think you will find them to be very similar. There is, however, one significant difference. The 4500 ink tanks are readily available from a range of suppliers as the chips on the ink tanks have been " cracked." If you buy the 4600 you are currently tied in to buying only genuine Canon replacement ink tanks. There is a significant price diff...

Canon Pixma iP4500 printer head problem
My Pixma iP4500 is 6 months old. I used it one day, and all was fine then the next time I turned it on, it says there is no printer head o the one installed is incompatible with the printer. Have trie reinstalling the printer drivers x3 without success. Printer doe between 500 -1,000 pages per week most weeks, mostly black, but som coloured stuff of late. Also tried cleaning the head gently with tissue. Any helpful advice would be very much appreciated Since it's only 6 months old I'd certainly get in touch with the plac of purchase or maybe contact Canon support ...

Canon Pixma Mp160 Printer
Canon Pixma MP470 Photo All-In-One Inkjet Printer (2177B002) Price:$99.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000SQ5N4Y Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000SQ5N4Y Genuine Canon PG-40 CL-41 Ink Cartridge Set for Pixma ip1600 ip1700 ip1800 ip2600 MP140 MP150 MP160 MP170 MP180 MP190 MP210 MP450 MP460 MP470 MX300 MX310 Price:$56.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0025HW7FC Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0025HW7FC Canon Pixma MP210 Photo All-In-One Inkjet Printer (2175B002) Price:$79.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0...

Canon Pixma Mp830 Printer
Canon PIXMA MX700 Office All-On-One Inkjet Printer Price:$199.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000V2TTNG Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000V2TTNG Canon Pixma MX850 Office All-In-One Inkjet Printer (2436B002) Price:$329.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0012S75NE Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0012S75NE Genuine Canon 5 Ink Cartridge Set for IP4200 IP4300 IP4500 IP5200 IP5200R MP500 MP530 MP600 MP610 MP800 MP800R MP810 MP830 MX850 Price:$64.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001HKQDJE Best d...

Canon Pixma Ip1600 Printer
Genuine Canon PG-40 CL-41 Ink Cartridge Set for Pixma ip1600 ip1700 ip1800 ip2600 MP140 MP150 MP160 MP170 MP180 MP190 MP210 MP450 MP460 MP470 MX300 MX310 Price:$56.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0025HW7FC Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0025HW7FC Canon Pixma iP1800 Photo Inkjet Printer (1855B002) Price:$49.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000NNCL3I Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000NNCL3I Black Ink Refill Kit for Canon PG-30 PG-37 PG-40 PG-50 Cartridges Price:$4.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image...

Canon PIXMA iP2600 (printer)
Hi folks, I was wondering if there was any word on when a driver will be developed for this printer. I just bought this printer but it (obviously) only comes with Windows and Mac drivers. I checked the CUPS website and couldn't find anything. The printer is recognized by my Fedora 10 machine as I do have it physically setup properly with the USB and power cables. Thanks if anyone can help! http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=184&modelid=16278 Hi :) Check this link and you'll find the linux drivers for this printer...

Canon Pixma iP4600 Printer
Does anyone have experience of using this model of USB connected printer on Iyonix (RISC OS 5.13) ? So far I have tried with the printer plugged into the Iyonix on boot up. The computer does its POST, but stops at the "no keyboard" message and sits for a good minute, before continuing to the Desktop, but without any extras loaded (I have a Filer window open, and AppDoc load on boot). After a further half minute or so the hard disc runs and boot completes. However the machine locks up almost as soon as I try to do anything, such as open a directory, or run !Printers, and I end up hi...

Canon Pixma Photo Printer
Canon PIXMA MX860 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer Price:$199.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001R4C5BK Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001R4C5BK Canon MP480 All-in-One Photo Printer Price:$99.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6BW8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6BW8 Canon iP4600 Inkjet Photo Printer (2909B002) Price:$99.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6DH6 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6DH6 Canon MP980 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer Price:$349.00 Image: ht...

Canon Pixma Ip5000 Printer
Canon Compatible (9) Pack BCI-3eBk/BCI-6 (3BCI-3eBk / 2BCI-6C/2BCI-6M/2BCI-6Y) for Canon i560 etc Price:$75.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000C159LW Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000C159LW 15 Pack Canon BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$13.50 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IT224Y Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IT224Y 20 Pack BCI-6 BCI-3e Compatible Ink Cartridges for Canon Pixma i860 iP4000 iP5000 MP750 MP760 MP780 Price:$22.95 Image: http://bestdealfin...

Canon Pixma Printer Ink
5-Pack Non-OEM Ink w/ Chip for Canon PGI-5BK CLI-8 Pixma MP500 MP530 MP600 MP800 iP4200 iP4300 iP4500 iP5200 iP5200 Price:$8.91 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IO6DEY Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IO6DEY Canon Pixma Pro9000 Professional Large Format Inkjet Printer (9995A001) Price:$499.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000J1HPK8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000J1HPK8 6 Pack (3xBlack + 1 of Each Color) Compatible Ink w/ Chip for Canon Pixma iP3300 iP3500 MP510 MX700 PGI-5BK CLI-8 Price:$21.45 Image: http://bestdea...

Canon Pixma Photo Printer Ip1700
Canon Pixma iP2600 Photo Inkjet Printer (2435B002) Price:$49.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0012S52YS Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0012S52YS Canon Pixma iP1800 Photo Inkjet Printer (1855B002) Price:$49.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000NNCL3I Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000NNCL3I Canon PIXMA iP1700 Photo Inkjet Printer (Gray) Price:$49.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000GUQ2V0 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000GUQ2V0 Canon PIXMA iP3300 Inkjet Printer ...

Canon Pixma iP4500 on Win 98
I just picked up a Canon Pixma iP4500. My PC is WinXP, but my wife's is win98 and it wouldn't let me print from there after sharing the printer since there is no Win98 driver for it (didn't check that at the time) I installed a 4300 Win98 driver to use to print to the 4500 from my wife's computer and it seems to work fine so far. Has anyone else done this used it for a while? Any problems or pitfalls to be aware of? I can still return the printer if I need to, but if this works I'll keep it since she'll be upgrading within a year anyway. <p.e.albers...

Web resources about - Canon Pixma IP4500 - comp.periphs.printers

Ink Cartridges - JB Hi-Fi
Ink Cartridges - - JB Hi-Fi

Strange vertical stripes: Apple Support Communities
I have a noticed over the last couple of months on my Macbook pro OS X 10.4.11 that when I have a black colour screen, the left hand side of ...

Canon Ink Finder
Message Dialog Close Display Update Message Product Comparison The maximum number of products that can be compared is 4. Please refine your selection. ...

lirand's profile - Engadget
lirand on Engadget: see their gadgets, reviews, questions, answers, and discussions.

tzarfoss' profile - gdgt
T Z (tzarfoss) on gdgt: see their gadgets, reviews, questions, answers, and discussions.

Supported Printers
PrintForte app, wifi printing app for iphone, ipad. Easy mobile printing of most digital content (Photos, PDF, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, text ...

Edible Ink - Printing Cake Frosting
At PrintCountry.com, our vast collection of edible inks - printing cake frosting ranges from Canon, to Epson, to HP. We offer a wide list of ...

Horton Hears a Who
The most relevant opinions about Horton Hears a Who

Printer won't power on, tried everything
I feel kinda stupid. This should be simple. Yesterday, I quickly "aborted" a print job on my Canon ip4500 usb inkjet printer by pressing the ...

New to Ubuntu [Archive] - Page 30 - Ubuntu Forums
[Archive] Page 30 The perfect place to post for your Ubuntu support if you are new to Linux.