Canon Pixma printers: ink cartridges, print-head cleaners - recommendations?

I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink
cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon
cartridges vs. generic  it seems to me that the latter would be more
cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads.  And what
about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised.  Do they
work?  If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up
for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail.  Or so I have
been figuring.  I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had
experience with these printers, e.g.:

1) What generic cartridges are considered of 'good quality'?  Any
recommendations of websites or companies?  Considering that the
printheads are not disposable, how likely is it that a good quality
generic cartridge will clog up the printheads?

2) Are there sources for genuine Canon cartridges which offer some
discount off of retail prices?

3) Re/ print head cleaning:  I've seen fluids offered as well as
cartridges filled with cleaner/solvent.  Do these things work?  I'm
thinking that occasional preventative maintenence might be a good idea.

Thanks,   Dorian

0
Dorian

"Dorian" <DorianLS2@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink
> cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon
> cartridges vs. generic  it seems to me that the latter would be more
> cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads.  And what
> about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised.  Do they
> work?  If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up
> for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail.  Or so I have
> been figuring.  I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had
> experience with these printers, e.g.:

I think you have used the term "generic" inadvertently to describe
aftermarket inks.  The generic inks which are sold as a "one ink to refill
all printer carts" are to be avoided.  There are several good aftermarket
inks that are formulated specifically for Canon printers (and also many to
avoid.)  Go down to the initial post by John Stovall and follow that thread
and all the links suggested.  Others and I would only repeat what has
already been posted just a few threads down from this post.  No need at this
point to buy cleaning carts.  Just go onto the Neal Slade and Nifty-stuff
sites listed in one of my posts in the John Stovall thread and read all the
links.  There is pretty complete info on those sites about refill inks,
carts, and maintenance and cleaning techniques.  Ron Cohen and Taliesyn have
used Formulabs inks very successfully and I have used MIS inks - also
excellent quality.  Most importantly, realize that Measekite, who will
undoubtedly post a message to you criticizing this message, has never done
business with any of these vendors or used their products.  Please don't
take this suggestion to go down to the Stovall  post as disinterest in
answering your questions - most of what you've asked was just covered there.
After you've checked that info out and read Slade and Nifty stuff links be
sure to come back for any help we can offer.

> 1) What generic cartridges are considered of 'good quality'?  Any
> recommendations of websites or companies?  Considering that the
> printheads are not disposable, how likely is it that a good quality
> generic cartridge will clog up the printheads?

Tony, a printer repair person who posts on this NG to help people with their
printer problems, gave us statistics a few days ago.  The head clogs he sees
coming into his shop are pretty equally divided between OEM and aftermarket
inks.  All inkjets can eventually experience head clogs - Epson more
frequently, and HP less so due to their carts that have the print head in
the cart and therefore gets changed each time you put in a new cart.  The
good news  is that nearly all head clogs are reversable and not fatal.
Slade and Nifty sites have excellent techniques for clearing clogs in
Canons.  The Nifty-stuff forum is very friendly and, after you have read the
stuff on this NG plus those two sites you can ask any questions here on on
the Nifty forum.

0
Burt
5/5/2005 6:13:58 AM
Everything you need is at www.inkjetsaver.com

"Dorian" <DorianLS2@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink
> cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon
> cartridges vs. generic  it seems to me that the latter would be more
> cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads.  And what
> about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised.  Do they
> work?  If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up
> for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail.  Or so I have
> been figuring.  I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had
> experience with these printers, e.g.:
>
> 1) What generic cartridges are considered of 'good quality'?  Any
> recommendations of websites or companies?  Considering that the
> printheads are not disposable, how likely is it that a good quality
> generic cartridge will clog up the printheads?
>
> 2) Are there sources for genuine Canon cartridges which offer some
> discount off of retail prices?
>
> 3) Re/ print head cleaning:  I've seen fluids offered as well as
> cartridges filled with cleaner/solvent.  Do these things work?  I'm
> thinking that occasional preventative maintenence might be a good idea.
>
> Thanks,   Dorian

0
Dan
5/5/2005 1:30:35 PM

Dorian wrote:

>I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink
>cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon
>cartridges vs. generic  it seems to me that the latter would be more
>cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads.

But you are taking the risk.  If your print load is high then
investigate.  If not then use OEM inks.  They also say that you should
not leave the printer idle for too long.  That amount of time remains
undefined.  I have left mine unattended for 2 weeks and it is OK but
still it is rather new.

>And what
>about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised.  Do they
>work?

Using a Pixma for 8 months now and have never needed that.

>If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up
>for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail.

Also never used a cleaning cycle. I do use Canon OEM inks that are
designed for the print head.

>Or so I have
>been figuring.  I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had
>experience with these printers, e.g.:
>
>1) What generic cartridges are considered of 'good quality'?  Any
>recommendations of websites or companies?

Stay away from alotofthing aka alotofcrap.  88inkjets.com sells Sensinet
manufactured Formulabs ink loaded into a generic cartridge and labeled
with their store label.  Prefilled carts are easier than the messy
refill your own and are still cost effective.  Remember, if your print
load is not high I would stay with Canon carts.

>Considering that the
>printheads are not disposable, how likely is it that a good quality
>generic cartridge will clog up the printheads?
>
>2) Are there sources for genuine Canon cartridges which offer some
>discount off of retail prices?

Costco sells them for $9.00.  They also sell Costco/Kirkland Glossy
Paper  for $18.95 for 125 letter size sheets.  The paper is almost as
good as (98% in my eye) as the best Canon Photo Paper Pro.  I purchased
at Costco a Fiskars rotary paper cutter.  Out of a sheet I can get
either 3 4x6 or 2 4x6 plus a 5x7.  The cost is 1/7 that of Canon best.

>3) Re/ print head cleaning:  I've seen fluids offered as well as
>cartridges filled with cleaner/solvent.  Do these things work?

Like I said, after 8 months of light use, I have not had a problem.
More problems seem to happen when used infrequently than when used heavy.

>I'm
>thinking that occasional preventative maintenence might be a good idea.
>
>Thanks,   Dorian

0
measekite
5/5/2005 2:47:19 PM

Burt wrote:

>"Dorian" <DorianLS2@gmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink
>>cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon
>>cartridges vs. generic  it seems to me that the latter would be more
>>cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads.  And what
>>about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised.  Do they
>>work?  If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up
>>for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail.  Or so I have
>>been figuring.  I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had
>>experience with these printers, e.g.:
>>

>I think you have used the term "generic" inadvertently to describe
>aftermarket inks.  The generic inks which are sold as a "one ink to refill
>all printer carts" are to be avoided.  There are several good aftermarket
>inks that are formulated specifically for Canon printers (and also many to
>avoid.)

Which ones do you avoid if the majority of vendors will not tell you who
made the ink they are selling?

> Go down to the initial post by John Stovall and follow that thread
>and all the links suggested.  Others and I would only repeat what has
>already been posted just a few threads down from this post.  No need at this
>point to buy cleaning carts.  Just go onto the Neal Slade and Nifty-stuff
>sites listed in one of my posts in the John Stovall thread and read all the
>links.  There is pretty complete info on those sites about refill inks,
>carts, and maintenance and cleaning techniques.  Ron Cohen and Taliesyn have
>used Formulabs inks very successfully and I have used MIS inks - also
>excellent quality.  Most importantly, realize that Measekite, who will
>undoubtedly post a message to you criticizing this message, has never done
>business with any of these vendors or used their products.

I never owned a Hugo either!

> Please don't
>take this suggestion to go down to the Stovall  post as disinterest in
>answering your questions - most of what you've asked was just covered there.
>After you've checked that info out and read Slade and Nifty stuff links be
>sure to come back for any help we can offer.
>

>>1) What generic cartridges are considered of 'good quality'?  Any
>>recommendations of websites or companies?  Considering that the
>>printheads are not disposable, how likely is it that a good quality
>>generic cartridge will clog up the printheads?
>>

>Tony,

who makes money by selling aftermarket inks etc so you cannot believe him.

>a printer repair person who posts on this NG to help people with their
>printer problems, gave us statistics a few days ago.  The head clogs he sees
>coming into his shop are pretty equally divided between OEM and aftermarket
>inks.

because he makes money selling aftermarket inks

>All inkjets can eventually experience head clogs - Epson more
>frequently, and HP less

I also have an HP printers.  I never had a head clog in 10 years using
HP ink.

>so due to their carts that have the print head in
>the cart and therefore gets changed each time you put in a new cart.  The
>good news  is that nearly all head clogs are reversable and not fatal.
>Slade and Nifty sites have excellent techniques for clearing clogs in
>Canons.  The Nifty-stuff forum is very friendly and, after you have read the
>stuff on this NG plus those two sites you can ask any questions here on on
>the Nifty forum.

0
measekite
5/5/2005 2:51:58 PM
Dorian - as predicted, Measekite chimed in with his perpetual rant against
third party inks.  I repeat - he has never used them and does not speak from
experience.  I have dealt with Alotofthings and they were good to do
business with.  Ron Cohen has used their inks with no problems.  He's got a
bug up his ass about them even though he has had no experience with them or
their products.

"Dorian" <DorianLS2@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink
> cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon
> cartridges vs. generic  it seems to me that the latter would be more
> cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads.  And what
> about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised.  Do they
> work?  If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up
> for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail.  Or so I have
> been figuring.  I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had
> experience with these printers, e.g.:
>
> 1) What generic cartridges are considered of 'good quality'?  Any
> recommendations of websites or companies?  Considering that the
> printheads are not disposable, how likely is it that a good quality
> generic cartridge will clog up the printheads?
>
> 2) Are there sources for genuine Canon cartridges which offer some
> discount off of retail prices?
>
> 3) Re/ print head cleaning:  I've seen fluids offered as well as
> cartridges filled with cleaner/solvent.  Do these things work?  I'm
> thinking that occasional preventative maintenence might be a good idea.
>
> Thanks,   Dorian

0
Burt
5/5/2005 5:26:33 PM

Burt wrote:

>Dorian - as predicted, Measekite chimed in with his perpetual rant against
>third party inks.  I repeat - he has never used them and does not speak from
>experience.  I have dealt with Alotofthings and they were good to do
>business with.  Ron Cohen has used their inks with no problems.  He's got a
>bug up his ass about them even though he has had no experience with them or
>their products.

The person above and a few other assholes on this NG do not like anybody
who disagrees with them.  I can understand this about many since they
make a living in this business and they do have a few disciples.  Think
back of an industry that you are familiar with and ask your self if the
vendors adequately describe their merchandise.

Now even sometimes a reputable company tries to get away with shit.
Remember when Oldsmobile got caught putting in Chevy engines in an Olds
88 and not disclosing that to the customer when they ran short of OLDs
engines.  There reply was it is just as good.  The legal system had a
reply also.  PAY UP.  Well I do not think anybody is going to get a
sleeze ball to buy you a new printer when it gets clogged up.

I am not saying that every aftermarket ink will do this but many will
and it is very difficult to tell who makes what who sells. Alotofcrap
did not like what I said so I say the hell with them.  They finally got
a decent website and now they have the dubious practice of charging
different prices on different websites.  A  L  O  T  O  F  C  R  A  P! :-(

>"Dorian" <DorianLS2@gmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink
>>cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon
>>cartridges vs. generic  it seems to me that the latter would be more
>>cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads.  And what
>>about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised.  Do they
>>work?  If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up
>>for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail.  Or so I have
>>been figuring.  I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had
>>experience with these printers, e.g.:
>>
>>1) What generic cartridges are considered of 'good quality'?  Any
>>recommendations of websites or companies?  Considering that the
>>printheads are not disposable, how likely is it that a good quality
>>generic cartridge will clog up the printheads?
>>
>>2) Are there sources for genuine Canon cartridges which offer some
>>discount off of retail prices?
>>
>>3) Re/ print head cleaning:  I've seen fluids offered as well as
>>cartridges filled with cleaner/solvent.  Do these things work?  I'm
>>thinking that occasional preventative maintenence might be a good idea.
>>
>>Thanks,   Dorian

0
measekite
5/5/2005 6:12:26 PM
Hi Burt,

Thanks for the help.  I did discover the thread started by John Stovall
and will follow the links offered there.  Somehow I missed that thread
when I posted my own.  And thanks also to the others who responded.
Dorian

0
Dorian
5/5/2005 8:47:32 PM
measekite wrote:

> The person above and a few other assholes on this NG do not like anybody
> who disagrees with them.

Finally! You're accurately and honestly described yourself.
Thanks...the truth comes out.
Frank
0
Frank
5/5/2005 9:31:16 PM

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> The person above and a few other assholes on this NG do not like
>> anybody who disagrees with them.
>

> Finally! You're accurately and honestly described yourself.
> Thanks...the truth comes out.
> Frank

Nice cut and paste job SHMUCK.  By the way your wife is no good.
0
measekite
5/5/2005 9:50:40 PM
measekite wrote:

> Frank wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:
>>

>>> The person above and a few other assholes on this NG do not like
>>> anybody who disagrees with them.
>>

>> Finally! You're accurately and honestly described yourself.
>> Thanks...the truth comes out.
>> Frank
>

> Nice cut and paste job SHMUCK.  By the way your wife is no good.

Oh I don't think you've ever been with a women. You're not married cause
no one wants you.
Get a real life lose.
Frank
0
Frank
5/5/2005 11:15:40 PM

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> Frank wrote:

>>> Finally! You're accurately and honestly described yourself.
>>> Thanks...the truth comes out.
>>> Frank
>>

>> Nice cut and paste job SHMUCK.  By the way your wife is no good.
>

> Oh I don't think you've ever been with a women. You're not married
> cause no one wants you.
> Get a real life lose.
> Frank

I was with your wife and she suck at sucking.  Is that what you trouble
is putzface
0
measekite
5/6/2005 12:10:43 AM
measekite wrote:

> I was with your wife and she suck at sucking.  Is that what you trouble
> is putzface

hehehe...don't you wish you had a female who liked you. Fat chance
though with your personality.
Get a life and get lost.
Frank
0
Frank
5/6/2005 5:22:33 AM

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> I was with your wife and she suck at sucking.  Is that what you
>> trouble is putzface
>

> hehehe...don't you wish you had a female who liked you. Fat chance
> though with your personality.
> Get a life and get lost.
> Frank

Frankie has got his wife back 8-)
0
measekite
5/6/2005 6:39:24 AM

measekite wrote:

> I never owned a Hugo either!

Is that a Victor Hugo, by any chance?  I understand first editions are
every valuable these days!

The car from Yugoslavia was called a ....

Yugo....

Art
0
Arthur

Printer Ink

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Canon Pixma Printer Ink
5-Pack Non-OEM Ink w/ Chip for Canon PGI-5BK CLI-8 Pixma MP500 MP530 MP600 MP800 iP4200 iP4300 iP4500 iP5200 iP5200 Price:$8.91 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IO6DEY Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IO6DEY Canon Pixma Pro9000 Professional Large Format Inkjet Printer (9995A001) Price:$499.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000J1HPK8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000J1HPK8 6 Pack (3xBlack + 1 of Each Color) Compatible Ink w/ Chip for Canon Pixma iP3300 iP3500 MP510 MX700 PGI-5BK CLI-8 Price:$21.45 Image: http://bestdea...

Ink for refilling Canon printer cartridges
About 3-4 years ago I found out you can refill printer cartridges and found a Canadian company that sold refill kits & ink. I bought a pint bottle and am just now running out, but it's been so long I have lost their contact info. The labels and instruction sheets don't have their name or number. Since I've had such good luck with their ink, I'd like to buy from them again before trying out another company. Anybody recognize this company? I remain respectful and a little bit hongry, X Guv Bob http://www.geocities.com/guvbob2003 Represented in all slander...

brother printer
Good morning, I have a "brother DCP -115C" printer. So far I was happy with it. Now, I'm getting really upset with it: Althought the ink cartridge for black is full I cannot print a simple black and white document. Its display is showing "Ink Empty Yellow" and "Replace Ink". I do not want to buy new yellow ink because I simply do not use colours. It really annoys me that brother tries to make me wasting money and ink. Does anyone know how to make the printer print WITHOUT replacing the empty yellow ink cartridge (it is actually not empty, may...

Canon Pixma IP3000 printer ink question
Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2 different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk and the BCI-6. The BCI-3eBK seems to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6. Anyone got a clue what the difference is? Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson? -- What am I selling on ebay right now? http://tinyurl.com/38yjc Earn money reading emails! http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm Simon Finnigan wrote: >Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but s...

Do the print heads current Canon printers clog up?
Having had some frustrations with Epson inkjets in the past, I was wondering if the current Canon printers ever do this? I have been using lasers for a while, but I need to get good colour prints now, and so I decided to get an inkjet for general use. If I use the colour printing rarely, I suppose they will get clogged up? Would keeping the printer powered on reduce the chance of clogged print heads? I would really like to avoid having to do that is possible. ss. "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message news:JKednVO...

Canon Pixma iP4500 printer head problem
My Pixma iP4500 is 6 months old. I used it one day, and all was fine then the next time I turned it on, it says there is no printer head o the one installed is incompatible with the printer. Have trie reinstalling the printer drivers x3 without success. Printer doe between 500 -1,000 pages per week most weeks, mostly black, but som coloured stuff of late. Also tried cleaning the head gently with tissue. Any helpful advice would be very much appreciated Since it's only 6 months old I'd certainly get in touch with the plac of purchase or maybe contact Canon support ...

Online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge
Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer paper and other printer supplies. Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, apple toner, dell toner, samsung toner, toshiba toner, ricoh toner, etc. Welcome to Abcink.com In addition to the fact that you are spamming, the prices I saw on the web site are nothing to write home about. I also noticed that the refill kits you offer at inflated prices are universal inks instead of specific inks for a particular printer. Would I ever purchase from this spamming operation? Answer: Not a chance. Also note that the IP address from which this spam originated is in China, but the email address is obviously phony since it is for a well know supplier of media supplies. -- Ron "kathy tian" <kathy@comptree.net> wrote in message news:1131604315.391900.54280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink > Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer > paper and other printer supplies. > > Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, > lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. > canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, ...

Canon Pixma IP4000, when does printer use BCI-3EBK cart ink
As subject Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? Only when draft is selected? Thanks in advance tHatDudeUK wrote: > As subject > > Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is > selected? Only when draft is selected? > > Thanks in advance Normally it uses BCI3e all the time except when printing photos, so when photo or glossy paper is selected. When you print text and business documents with graphics. tHatDudeUK wrote: >As subject > >Is it only when plain paper is selected? Only when greyscale is selected? >Only when draft is selected? > >Thanks in advance > > > > Here is a quick test you can perform. Use a photo with quite a bit of black areas. Open the cover on the printer and use a small screwdriver to hold down the cover interlock so that you can actually see the ink being put on the paper. Print the same photo using different paper modes. The BCI-3 black (pigmented black) is deposited with a much wider path than the BCI-6 black. Note also that the BCI-3 black appears to be used only when in plain paper mode. All other modes use only the BCI-6 black. You will see this when observing the printing operation. The other thing you can do is to wet your fingertip and move it across the edge of the printed area onto the unprinted area. You will see a difference in the amount of ink smearing. -- Ron Cohen...

My Canon printer is always out of colored ink and I only print B&W
I have a Canon MP 780 and it is always asking for one of the color cartridges to be replaced. I am thinking of changing all of them to black. (last resort as I do use color rarely) The black seems to last longer than the color, but I have bought so many color ones that I really can't keep up. On Nov 18, 7:18 pm, metspitzer <kilow...@charter.net> wrote: > I have a Canon MP 780 and it is always asking for one of the color > cartridges to be replaced. I am thinking of changing all of them to > black. (last resort as I do use color rarely) > > The black ...

Canon print head drops ink but does not print
Hi, I have a Canon BJC-4300 and it won't print. The print head is moving on paper and the cartridge is new but there is no ink on paper. Following an advice from this newsgroup I pressed the print head downwards on a tissue and there is black dot on the tissue. That means the print head is not clogged/dried, right? Then following the advice I cleaned the electrical circuits between the cartridge and cradle, with alcohol. Does not help. So what could be wrong? The printer is moving head, ink is flowing from head, circuits are clean, why no ink on paper???? Thank you, Mark If you really want to keep using this ancient printer, get a new print head. At least they are still relatively 'cheap', though a new USB printer would be a much better idea. -- Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging <mark_galeck_spam_magnet@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1130688522.793545.69420@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I have a Canon BJC-4300 and it won't print. > > The print head is moving on paper and the cartridge is new but there is > no ink on paper. > > Following an advice from this newsgroup I pressed the print head > downwards on a tissue and there is black dot on the tissue. That means > the print head is not clogged/dried, right? Then following the advice > I cleaned the electrical circuits between the cartridge and cradle, > with alcohol. Does not help. > > So wha...

Adding paper size presets for Canon PIXMA printer Easy-Print software?
The Canon PIXMA printers come with Easy-Photo Print software. This has a few preset paper sizes on the Paper selection menu. Can you add another size to this page? I have some photo paper which is standard A4 size (Letter Size) but twice as long as the normal pages. That is 8.3 in x 23.4 in (210 mm x 594 mm). -- Thanks in advance ...

my Canon printer won't let me select the black ink cartridge
I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with a problem I'm having with my Canon Pixma 250 printer. The colour cartridge has nearly run out, but the black and white cartridge still has plenty of ink in it. As I only want to print out some letters, I've tried selecting 'use black ink cartridge only' (or whatever the wording is). But then when I try to print, I get a message that looks something like this: "This document will print using the following cartridge: COLOR Your over-ride command has been disabled" This isn't the exact wor...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Queue of printer cycles, but printer does not print
Hi, we have two printers in our network, both connected to a different computer. When installed, they worked well, but now and then they refuse to print and they show a strange bahaviour. When looking in the Queue (Spooler), the print jobs are cycling. So, the first becomes the last while the second becomes the first, thirt becomes second, etc When we restart the computer, the printer starts printing, just befor shutdown. We Run XP-pro. Any ideas????? Thanks, Ben By the way, it is an old panasonic matrix printer (used for labels) and a HP officejet HP 1170c, bot...

Canon 4 ink Vs 6 ink printers
Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. Not really sure the card slots and screen are worth the extra money over the iP5200 but do these *and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the iP5200? In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around �170. Jack Torrence wrote: >Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other >manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? > > YES. WHEN USING OEM INK CANON HAS MORE LIFE AND SNAP TO THE PHOTOS THAN THE COMPETING BRANDS. THE OEM INK ALSO COSTS LESS >Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. > I WOULD SAY THAT THE IP5200 IS A BETTER BET IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE A COMPUTER TO EDIT YOUR PHOTOS WITH DECENT SOFTWARE. >Not really sure the card >slots and screen are worth the extra money > THEY ARE A WASTE JUST LIKE THE IP6000 THAT WAS INFERIOR >over the iP5200 but do these >*and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the >iP5200? > > ABSOLUTLEY NOT >In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around >�170. > > PUT YOUR MONEY IN OEM INK > > > measekite wrote: > > Jack Torrence wrote: > > >Is there much diffe...

What Canon Printer to Print A3 and Print to DVDS/CDS ???
And of course print great pitcures :) I don't want much, but getting all these three things seems to be hard. Atleast from Canon. Thanks for any help !!! ...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. Billy Smitty wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 > & HP95. I'm using generic brand...

Web resources about - Canon Pixma printers: ink cartridges, print-head cleaners - recommendations? - comp.periphs.printers

Implementing Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Passed the House on January 9, 2007 (299-128 Roll call vote 015 , via Clerk.House.gov) Reported by the joint conference committee on July 25, ...

Recommendation Platform Top10 Adds Facebook-Integrated No. 1 Button
Recommendation platform Top10 added a No. 1 button to its website, allowing users to share their top recommendations for topics of all kinds ...

Under the Hood: Building the App Center recommendation engine - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Under the Hood: Building the App Center recommendation engine geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen ...

Announcing Recommendations API
The static recommendations API will allow the API to return “soft errors” (e.g. 'Your targeting is too narrow,' or, ‘your bid is too low') as ...

Facebook’s Instant Personalization Improves Suggestions on Clicker Online TV Recommendations
Today, Facebook unveils instant personalization for online television recommendations engine Clicker. When you visit the site while logged in ...

Zacks Investment Research - Proven Stock Ratings Research Recommendations
Zacks is the leading investment research firm focusing on equities earnings estimates and stock analysis for the individual investor, including ...

foursquare : With foursquare deemphasizing the checkin in v5.0, are the explore recommendations going ...
Answer (1 of 4): I guess there's another way of looking at it. They're trying to make you feel less pressured to check-in and spend more time ...

Recollect — Beautiful music recommendations for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Recollect — Beautiful music recommendations on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

The Grizzly Labs Launches Pyfl Business Recommendation App
The Grizzly Labs has announced the release of Pyfl (Places Your Friends Like), its venue recommendation app on iOS and Android. Pyfl allows users ...