Canon print head drops ink but does not print

Hi,  I have a Canon BJC-4300 and it won't print.

The print head is moving on paper and the cartridge is new but there is
no ink on paper.

Following an advice from this newsgroup I pressed the print head
downwards on a tissue and there is black dot on the tissue.  That means
the print head is not clogged/dried, right?  Then following the advice
I cleaned the electrical circuits between the cartridge and cradle,
with alcohol.  Does not help.

So what could be wrong?  The printer is moving head, ink is flowing
from head, circuits are clean, why no ink on paper????

Thank you,

Mark

0
mark_galeck_spam_mag

If you really want to keep using this ancient printer, get a new print head.
At least they are still relatively 'cheap', though a new USB printer would
be a much better idea.

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

<mark_galeck_spam_magnet@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,  I have a Canon BJC-4300 and it won't print.
>
> The print head is moving on paper and the cartridge is new but there is
> no ink on paper.
>
> Following an advice from this newsgroup I pressed the print head
> downwards on a tissue and there is black dot on the tissue.  That means
> the print head is not clogged/dried, right?  Then following the advice
> I cleaned the electrical circuits between the cartridge and cradle,
> with alcohol.  Does not help.
>
> So what could be wrong?  The printer is moving head, ink is flowing
> from head, circuits are clean, why no ink on paper????
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mark

0
Cari
10/30/2005 10:01:51 PM
>get a new print head
yea I know - I was trying to see if I could fix what I have now

>new USB printer would
be a much better idea

No, because throwing something away that could still be made to work,
with reasonable effort, is _always_ a bad idea.  For many reasons.
Think globally, the "big picture".

0
mark_galeck_spam_mag
10/30/2005 11:19:06 PM
> Hi,  I have a Canon BJC-4300 and it won't print.
> ..
> So what could be wrong?  The printer is moving head, ink is flowing
> from head, circuits are clean, why no ink on paper????

Don't discount Cari's advice.  The last canon printers that took the
bci-24 tanks were the ip1500 and ip2000 which while technicaly not made
anymore can still be found for the $50 to $80 price range.  A
replacement black and color head BC-21e with ink will run you $50ish
There are better models that offer more ink per tanks and lower cost
per page, but assuming you have a supply of bci-24 inktanks you can buy
a printer that will use it.

But if you want to troubleshoot your printer you "could" buy a bc-20
black cartridge.  They run about $35 and contain 60ml of black ink IIRC
and their own printhead.  If you only print black this isn't a bad
deal.

The Canon printheads, like lightbulbs, are prone to burn out after a
while.  It's the nature of the technology.

0
zakezuke
10/30/2005 11:33:48 PM
> >get a new print head
> yea I know - I was trying to see if I could fix what I have now
>
>>new USB printer would
> be a much better idea
>
> No, because throwing something away that could still be made to work,
> with reasonable effort, is _always_ a bad idea.  For many reasons.
> Think globally, the "big picture".

Tell that to Canon, Epson, HP etc. marketing divisions.

0
Anna
10/31/2005 12:39:41 AM
Thank you, but of course it would cost me less to just buy a new better
printer, the exact point I was making was,  I don't want to throw the
old one for global reasons, not for my own pocketbook.

0
mark_galeck_spam_mag
11/1/2005 5:06:39 PM
Yes, your point is an excellent one.  The marketeers don't understand
such things.  The fundamental reason why the Earth is declining, global
warming, destruction of environment, really, most of the troubles we
have, can be traced to one thing in the root:  overconsumption, buying
things one does not really need.

0
mark_galeck_spam_mag
11/1/2005 6:02:42 PM
> Thank you, but of course it would cost me less to just buy a new better
> printer, the exact point I was making was,  I don't want to throw the
> old one for global reasons, not for my own pocketbook

Hey, I'm all for that, just generally speaking one doesn't buy the
model that takes the 10ml tanks of mostly plastic and foam.  Well
unless they refill them.  Lasers are often a better choice  as far as a
lack of waste, but still the old HP businessjet 1100 series would be on
top of my list as far as printers to buy as far low cost on the
used/surplus circuit.  Huge cartridges and used OEM ones desired among
refillers.  There are newer models... my info is rather dated.

I would agree with your other responce fully that the consumer inkjets
are designed to be disposable.  Some are worse than others.  But if
your printer is beyond repair... keep in mind that there is always the
business class of inkjets that are often designed to be serviced, or at
the very least designed to work above and beyond 18,000 pages.

0
zakezuke
11/1/2005 10:16:37 PM
HOW OLD A FART ARE YOU

zakezuke wrote:

>>Thank you, but of course it would cost me less to just buy a new better
>>printer, the exact point I was making was,  I don't want to throw the
>>old one for global reasons, not for my own pocketbook
>>

>Hey, I'm all for that, just generally speaking one doesn't buy the
>model that takes the 10ml tanks of mostly plastic and foam.  Well
>unless they refill them.  Lasers are often a better choice  as far as a
>lack of waste, but still the old HP businessjet 1100 series would be on
>top of my list as far as printers to buy as far low cost on the
>used/surplus circuit.  Huge cartridges and used OEM ones desired among
>refillers.  There are newer models... my info is rather dated.
>
>I would agree with your other responce fully that the consumer inkjets
>are designed to be disposable.  Some are worse than others.  But if
>your printer is beyond repair... keep in mind that there is always the
>business class of inkjets that are often designed to be serviced, or at
>the very least designed to work above and beyond 18,000 pages.

0
measekite

Canon Pixma printers: ink cartridges, print-head cleaners
I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon cartridges vs. generic it seems to me that the latter would be more cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads. And what about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised. Do they work? If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail. Or so I have been figuring. I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had experience with thes...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Canon i860 Printing/Print Head Question
I'm print text and images for an art project in the highest resolution, that is, Photo PaperPro setting. Therefore text is printed as a composite black (using the three colors). Last week it was fine, a strong magnifying lens revealed almost perfect, clean black formation, with just the odd colored dot barely visible at the edges of a letter of text. Today I noticed a reddish tinge around all the letters, and without a magnifier, which made me suspicious. The magnifier revealed a lot of red dots around the black letters. Text that was printed in fushia actually had a double ...

Print-Print versus Print-Preview-Print
Is there a difference between the following operations from any given program? Let's say Safari, because I often want to Preview to see how many pages there are before deciding to print. From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog > Print versus From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog then choose Preview --> Abode Reader view then print directly from Adobe using File > Print --> print dialog > Print It sounds like a waste of steps, but after I preview in Adobe Reader, I usually close the preview and go back and print directly from Safari. The outputs ...

What Canon Printer to Print A3 and Print to DVDS/CDS ???
And of course print great pitcures :) I don't want much, but getting all these three things seems to be hard. Atleast from Canon. Thanks for any help !!! ...

Questions about printing, printing and printing
Hi everybody. A friend of mine give me two HP calculators he dont'use anymore: an HP-28S and an HP-17BII. Including my HP-49G+, now I have 3 HP calculators that are able to print (on a "grand total" of 6 HP calculators). I would like to print something but I don't want to spend too much (my wife can't understand). Now the questions: 1. Are some printers out there compatible with the 3 calcs? 2. Do you know if is there a IR printer server that can be connected to an external printer (USB, parallel, RS232, etc.). 3. Do know if is possibile to use a PC as a printer...

To print or not to print
What is a symptom of, when a print statement, inserted into a program as a diagnostic, removes an error? -- Dieter Britz (dieterbritz<at>yahoo.com) Dieter Britz wrote: > What is a symptom of, when a print statement, inserted into a program > as a diagnostic, removes an error? Array bound violation is the most likely. Some additional memory space is allocated for the purpose of the print statement, and the array then overflows into that space without any visible effect. Dieter Britz <dieterbritz@yahoo.com> wrote: > What is a symptom of, when a print sta...

Do the print heads current Canon printers clog up?
Having had some frustrations with Epson inkjets in the past, I was wondering if the current Canon printers ever do this? I have been using lasers for a while, but I need to get good colour prints now, and so I decided to get an inkjet for general use. If I use the colour printing rarely, I suppose they will get clogged up? Would keeping the printer powered on reduce the chance of clogged print heads? I would really like to avoid having to do that is possible. ss. "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message news:JKednVO...

My Canon printer is always out of colored ink and I only print B&W
I have a Canon MP 780 and it is always asking for one of the color cartridges to be replaced. I am thinking of changing all of them to black. (last resort as I do use color rarely) The black seems to last longer than the color, but I have bought so many color ones that I really can't keep up. On Nov 18, 7:18 pm, metspitzer <kilow...@charter.net> wrote: > I have a Canon MP 780 and it is always asking for one of the color > cartridges to be replaced. I am thinking of changing all of them to > black. (last resort as I do use color rarely) > > The black ...

printer prints some garbage after clicking on Print....
Ever since one of my kids installed something a couple of years ago, every time I click on the "Print..." selection from the File menu in any program, my printer (it can be any printer, HP OficeJet or Brother HL1040) will feed a new page, then print a few garbage characters. This happens as the Print dialog box appears, before I do anything else. Eventually the page gets ejected, but any printing I want to do has to wait until that happens - the print dialog box works normally other than this spurt of garbage. It happens in any software, from Word to TurboTax to Neato (C...

Canon print head
I have seen recently a flood of BJ-33e print heads both at local stores and on E-Bay. The package contains both a printhead and 4 ink cartridges. Since the cartridges are the same as used in my s630, and since the printhead in my machine has stopped printing color, I've been trying to find out if this package has the print head I need, but in disguise. Does anyone know? TIA Ozymandius Don't think it will work. The print resolution is different which would mean a different number of nozzles. I looked at the setup guide for the s600 on the Canon website. While the illus...

ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box.
Our application has used this PrintersClass module for some time without a problem but some new Toughbooks have caused problems. We use laser printers, usually the default choice, and some label printers. The label printers use the Seagull Scientific print drivers. The new notebooks will not print to the selected label printers even though the default printer for the report comes up in the dialog box as the selected printer. Even if you redundantly select this label printer again, before selecting print, you get the label printed to the user profile's default printer instead of the selecte...

I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true?
I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true? "Enda80" <fasb80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a1ec1b40-d0e7-4824-aa7d-c968a5a6a654@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put > it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt > the > printer. Is this true? I did it once and the printer was so hurt it bawled like a baby for 15 minutes! "Enda80&qu...

printer print out different pdf print out different
Hello! I have a strange problem which look like this.... I print out the report into the screen (in Oracle Reports (Oracle 9.0)) and then I print it out on the paper (this is: into the printer). I also print out the report into the screen and then I saves it into the pdf file. My client told me that report printed out into the pdf file is OK, but report printed out into the paper & screen (this is into printer) is NOT OK. I`ve checked and my client is right, because report printed out on the paper and screen contains different values than report printed out into the pdf ...

Printer Ink

Canon i950 print head
My one year old i950 has just begun to refuse to print yellow despite changing ink tanks and going through the cleaning routines in the manual. It has had low, infrequent usage (say perhaps once a fortnight). Does repeated head cleaning (and ink wastage) help? Can the head be removed and 'cleaned'? If the answer to the above is no, can the price of �68.00 sterling + handling +VAT be bettered anywhere? Thanks to anyone that may be able to help. Bruce. I just had an experience with "wonky" printing with my Canon i850 that was cleared up by this procedur...

Canon print head bunged up
I'm trying to use a Canon i320 which I haven't used for about two years. I cannot get it to print properly. It seems as thought the ink has dried in the print head. Deep cleaning won't shift it. How to I clear it? I almost need to dismantle it and soak it in something. Rob Graham Buy a Canon IP4300 on sale for about $80.00 and be sure to use Canon OEM ink Rob graham wrote: > I'm trying to use a Canon i320 which I haven't used for about two years. I > cannot get it to print properly. It seems as thought the ink has dried in > the print head. ...

CANON printers and condensed printing

When printing
Greetings, Solidworks default behavior when printing a drawing file with multiple sheets is to print all the pages. In order to switch this, you must use the print dialog and select Pages radio set in the Print Range section of this dialog and choose the page(s) you want. Am I the only person that finds this extreamly bothersome? All other Windows based programs make the default behavior the current page selected, with the option to print all via the Print dialog. (I am thinking primarily of MS Excel). Does anyone know of a reg edit, or parameter to use with SW2004 that would change this...

print head

Printing date on prints
I am trying to learn how to use a new Nikon D50 DSLR. In our city, triecentennial anniversary is going on yesterday and today. They tried to re-enact Spanish settler about 300 years ago. Beautiful Spanish costumes of men and women on horseback were everywhere and we can see banners that display coasts of arms. So I took some pictures and tried to print using a Canon printer. Pictures were gorgeous but I was not able to figure out how to print date stamp. With pictures taken with Sony P&S cameras, I used to print date. Does anybody know how to print date? John "...

Printing with print servers
This question is a little off topic. I was experimenting from 5.0.6 to a Dlink DP300U print server. I found that I could telnet 10.200.200.99 9100, type some lines of text, close the connection and the text would be printed on the attached printer. The I tried the following: cat textfile | /usr/bin/netcat -h 10.200.200.99 -p 9100 Nothing printed and the printer did not indicate that any data was present. I am just wondering "why it not print?" Any clues?? Ron On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:44:15 -0500, "Ronald J Marchand" <rojomar@covad.net> wrote: >This quest...

printing large prints
I need to get a printer that will print A3high by double A3 wide and I am considering the epson R1800 or the canon 9950. I like the look of the canon and the price of ink but I don't know if it will print this size paper. Canon are trying to sell me the 5000 printer but that is =A31800 and is beyond my budget. Anyone know if the 995 will print this size? Thanks, technic wrote: >I need to get a printer that will print A3high by double A3 wide and I >am considering the epson R1800 or the canon 9950. > The 9950 will print a maximum size paper of 13"by19&...

Web resources about - Canon print head drops ink but does not print - comp.periphs.printers

Christian biblical canons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the Jewish canon, see Development of the Hebrew Bible canon . For the Old Testament canon, see Development of the Old Testament canon . For ...

Almost 40% off a Canon DSLR kit is the Internet’s best deal today
Not too long ago, professional photographs were left to, well, professionals. But these days, thanks to the proliferation of advanced smartphones, ...

Disney will not allow EA to break canon with Star Wars Battlefront
... adhering to, and I think this is part of our arrangement with Lucas and Disney, is you can't make a game in Star Wars that violates the canon ...

Digitimes Research: Digital camera vendors except Canon, Sony tending to withdrawal from consumer segment ...
Since releasing their spring-season digital still camera (DSC) models in the first quarter of 2015, DSC vendors have launched very limited number ...

EOS-1D X Mark II: Canon's flagship DSLR goes 4K
There's no doubt Nikon stole CES 2016, thanks to the D5, D500 and KeyMission 360 announcements. But rival Canon seems to have saved its best ...

Canon Stunt With Six Photographers Misses, But Demonstrates The Power Of Inspiration
VideoCanon recently published a video stunt where they asked six different professional photographers to take portraits of one man. The twist ...

Canon 1D X Mark II: An Epic DSLR That Shoots 4K Video, For a Price
Hot on the heels of Nikon with its D5 , Canon has announced its new flagship DSLR. Say hello to the 1D X MarkII, whose overkill will surely be ...

8 Parts of the Star Wars Expanded Universe That Should Have Stayed Canon
Now that we’ve seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens, we’ve also seeing how a galaxy far, far away has changed from what had been put together by ...

Stars Wars Latest Canon Released While ‘Bloodlines’ Gives Clues To The Rise Of The First Order Excerpt ...
With Disney’s acquisition of the Star Wars franchises, it was necessary to establish a new Star Wars canon. Disney recently released its new ...

Louis Vuitton Interview With Final Fantasy's Lightning Should Be Canon
Many fans were surprised when Final Fantasy XIII ’s pink-haired heroine traded in her Firaga in favor of being a fashion model. In a completely ...