Canon Printer Problem.

I have a Canon BJC2100 Printer that was working perfectly until I unplugged
it to move my computer.  When I plugged it back in it stopped working.  The
problem is that the printhead won't go to the starting position, it stays in
the center.  I tried unplugging it for about an hour then plugging it back
in again.  It seems to recycle but it comes back to the center position.  I
tried replacing the ink carts and it does the same thing.  I replaced the
printhead and it made no difference.  I tried removing the driver and
installing the driver again (3 different times) but it does the same thing.
If I push the reset button on top it still won't go to the start position on
the right side, it recycles but returns to the center position.  This is a
nice printer and I want to keep it if possible, but I don't know what is
wrong with it.  Anyone have any suggestions as to what is wrong and how to
fix it?  I am running Windows XP and have the XP driver for this printer and
as I said it worked fine before I moved it.  Thanks for any suggestions to
fix it.

0
Fred

Fred wrote:
> I have a Canon BJC2100 Printer that was working perfectly until I unplugged
> it to move my computer.  When I plugged it back in it stopped working.  The
> problem is that the printhead won't go to the starting position, it stays in
> the center.  I tried unplugging it for about an hour then plugging it back
> in again.  It seems to recycle but it comes back to the center position.  I
> tried replacing the ink carts and it does the same thing.  I replaced the
> printhead and it made no difference.  I tried removing the driver and
> installing the driver again (3 different times) but it does the same thing.
> If I push the reset button on top it still won't go to the start position on
> the right side, it recycles but returns to the center position.  This is a
> nice printer and I want to keep it if possible, but I don't know what is
> wrong with it.  Anyone have any suggestions as to what is wrong and how to
> fix it?  I am running Windows XP and have the XP driver for this printer and
> as I said it worked fine before I moved it.  Thanks for any suggestions to
> fix it.

I lack direct experence with that model, but the first thing that comes
to mind is the Micro switch which detects the door being open not
closing properly.  I don't know where it's located, but other users
have poked theirs with a pencil.

I am somewhat aware that this model lacked any sort of LED readout,
that one would likely have to try to print something in order for the
driver to see the failure and report an error message.  This would be
handy in helping isolate your issue, well unless it's the misconnecting
microswitch, in which case I don't think there is an error code for it.
 I don't think there is an error code for waste tank is full either.

0
zakezuke
7/14/2006 8:41:09 PM
Fred wrote:
> I have a Canon BJC2100 Printer that was working perfectly until I unplugged
> it to move my computer.  When I plugged it back in it stopped working.  The
> problem is that the printhead won't go to the starting position, it stays in
> the center.  I tried unplugging it for about an hour then plugging it back
> in again.  It seems to recycle but it comes back to the center position.  I
> tried replacing the ink carts and it does the same thing.  I replaced the
> printhead and it made no difference.  I tried removing the driver and
> installing the driver again (3 different times) but it does the same thing.
> If I push the reset button on top it still won't go to the start position on
> the right side, it recycles but returns to the center position.  This is a
> nice printer and I want to keep it if possible, but I don't know what is
> wrong with it.  Anyone have any suggestions as to what is wrong and how to
> fix it?  I am running Windows XP and have the XP driver for this printer and
> as I said it worked fine before I moved it.  Thanks for any suggestions to
> fix it.

Hi Fred, in my experience the printhead only stays in the center
position if it is faulty, however you said you replaced the printhead
so that's not it. Unless you have 2 faulty printheads which is always
possible. Was it a brand new printhead you tried or one you had lying
around? Zakezuke suggested a micro switch but the BJC2100 doesn't have
one - not for getting the cartridge to the center anyway.

First of all try cleaning the contacts on the back of the printhead
with a soft eraser (the kind used for erasing pencil marks off paper).
The contacts should be a shiny gold color. Make sure you don't touch
those contacts with your fingers.

 If it is not faulty printheads it is the circuitry which tells the
printer the printhead status. Normally I would suggest to get a new
printer however the ink cartridges for the BJC2100 are cheap so I
suggest to try a DIY repair. Usually if you can find a BJC2100 for sale
secondhand they are quite cheap, so try and find one for swapping out
parts for troubleshooting.

James Sodor
www.whatcartridge.com

0
whatcartridge

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Canon printer problems
Hi I was given this printer, this is the info i got from the start, i havent tried it yet as i have to dig out the usb lead. Seems to be faulty, we have tried lots of different cartrages and different print heads, but doesn't print black properly Its a i250. I havent seen one of these before. I hate throwing anything away, is there much chance of getting it up and running? ta Sounds like a dead print head... which is probably why someone gave it away. -- Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging "Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" <julianha...

Lexmark Printer Problems
A friend of mine has a Lexmark all in one, model X1150. Just recently it appears to have developed a fault, when she tries to print anything it brings up an error message saying 'Printer Cover Open'. The printer cover is fully closed so I can't see why the error is brought up every time, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance Diane Diane wrote: > A friend of mine has a Lexmark all in one, model X1150. Just recently it > appears to have developed a fault, when she tries to print anything it > brings up an error message saying 'Printer...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Printer Ink

canon i865 printer problem
Hi Running windows XP home edition with SP2 my problem is that the printer won't print grey when I print photos I get a green hue over the picture and when I print a test image from http://www.misterinkjet.com/images/testprint.jpg the grey areas come out green I have changed the cartridges and the printhead all other printing is fine (word and excel docs ) when I check the grey scale box the printer prints several different shades of grey ok then , I have run the printhead alignment and nozzle check programmes that are in the maintence tab but to be honest I'm not sure what...

Canon i965 printer problem
Emac OS 10.3.1 Canon i965 printer. It prints perfectly with the latest versions of Illustrator, Word, Quark, Internet Explorer and AppleWorks, however with the latest version of Photoshop, Acrobat, Preview, Safari and Netscape there is a problem. The printed image size is miniature to what it should be, eg a full A4 page image prints at about 3/4" wide X 1" high. The default printer is set to i965 and default page is A4 in preferences/print & fax. I have the latest Canon driver 2.3.2 which states it is compatible with OS 10.3. I phoned Canon help, they couldn't help, no so...

Canon BJC2100 Printer problem
I used the printer one day and then disconnected it to use another printer. When I reinstalled the BJC2100, it acts as tho it is printing but no print comes through. Worked perfect one day and then failed the next day. New print cartridge..Any answers??Thanks jmoseleytex jmoseleytex wrote: > I used the printer one day and then disconnected it to use another > printer. When I reinstalled the BJC2100, it acts as tho it is printing > but no print comes through. Worked perfect one day and then failed the > next day. New print cartridge..Any answers??Thanks Everything ...

Canon i950 Printer Problem
Just installed its 3rd print head (from Canon). The problem was that I couldn't get the printer to print yellow. Every printout had a blue cast to it. Deep cleaning had no effect nor does the new print head. I would have dumped the printer (it's never been all that reliable) if I hadn't just bought a bunch of new ink cartridges. So now I'm $140 in the hole between the new print head and cartridges. And the ^*$#* thing still doesn't work. I've read just about all I could find on the Internet. No one seem to have this exact problem. I see where yellow can ...

Canon i850 printer problem
Out of the blue my Canon i850 printer has started not printing the left 1/4" of only emails or printing off the net. I have done all the utilities, cleaning, alignment, etc. Any ideas? LJ wrote: > Out of the blue my Canon i850 printer has started not printing the left > 1/4" of only emails or printing off the net. I have done all the > utilities, cleaning, alignment, etc. Any ideas? This sounds like your page settings in the applications rather than the printer. ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Web resources about - Canon Printer Problem. - comp.periphs.printers

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

The 3D printer carving out a new curriculum
With Australia's technical expertise slowly whittling away, the team behind this gadget wants to take schools back to the basics of manufacturing ...

ASIC investigating company after inventor of world's largest 3D printer left out of pocket
... Australian Securities and Investments Commission investigates the administration of a company that tried to sell the world's largest 3D printer. ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $45, 9′ MFi Lightning Cable $6, iPhone 6/s Plus Leather Folio ...
... Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Daily Deals: Brother Monochrome Laser Printer ...

Doro PDF printer adds color conversion, page rotation controls
Lightweight virtual PDF printer Doro has been updated with new color conversion and page rotation settings. If the default "UseDeviceIndependentColor" ...