f



Canon printer problems

Hi

I was given this printer, this is the info i got from the start, i havent
tried it yet as i have to dig out the usb lead.

Seems to be faulty, we have tried lots of different cartrages and
different print heads, but doesn't print black properly

Its a i250. I havent seen one of these before.

I hate throwing anything away, is there much chance of getting it up and
running?
ta



0
Julian
10/11/2005 4:47:03 PM
comp.periphs.printers 18139 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

11 Replies
659 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

Sounds like a dead print head... which is probably why someone gave it away.
-- 
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging



"Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" <julianhales@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
message news:b0S2f.101393$RW.95461@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Hi
>
> I was given this printer, this is the info i got from the start, i havent
> tried it yet as i have to dig out the usb lead.
>
> Seems to be faulty, we have tried lots of different cartrages and
> different print heads, but doesn't print black properly
>
> Its a i250. I havent seen one of these before.
>
> I hate throwing anything away, is there much chance of getting it up and
> running?
> ta
>
>
>



0
Cari
10/11/2005 6:01:09 PM
thanks, i have a few old printers that dont work for various reasons, im not
really up on printers but i hate to see waste, i still reguarly use a 80's
dot matrix.

"Cari" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
news:3r2cvbFh67hiU3@individual.net...
> Sounds like a dead print head... which is probably why someone gave it
away.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
>
>
> "Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" <julianhales@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:b0S2f.101393$RW.95461@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > Hi
> >
> > I was given this printer, this is the info i got from the start, i
havent
> > tried it yet as i have to dig out the usb lead.
> >
> > Seems to be faulty, we have tried lots of different cartrages and
> > different print heads, but doesn't print black properly
> >
> > Its a i250. I havent seen one of these before.
> >
> > I hate throwing anything away, is there much chance of getting it up and
> > running?
> > ta
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>


0
Julian
10/12/2005 1:20:09 PM
The i250 was a cheap "throw-away" printer to begin with. A print head costs
as much as a new printer.



"Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" <julianhales@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
message news:d483f.107964$RW.107846@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> thanks, i have a few old printers that dont work for various reasons, im
not
> really up on printers but i hate to see waste, i still reguarly use a 80's
> dot matrix.
>
> "Cari" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> news:3r2cvbFh67hiU3@individual.net...
> > Sounds like a dead print head... which is probably why someone gave it
> away.
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Printing & Imaging
> >
> >
> >
> > "Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" <julianhales@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote
in
> > message news:b0S2f.101393$RW.95461@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I was given this printer, this is the info i got from the start, i
> havent
> > > tried it yet as i have to dig out the usb lead.
> > >
> > > Seems to be faulty, we have tried lots of different cartrages and
> > > different print heads, but doesn't print black properly
> > >
> > > Its a i250. I havent seen one of these before.
> > >
> > > I hate throwing anything away, is there much chance of getting it up
and
> > > running?
> > > ta
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Dan
10/12/2005 3:34:53 PM
"Dan G" <none@12345.org> wrote in message
news:LrCdnbmv5dmAsdDeRVn-uw@comcast.com...
> The i250 was a cheap "throw-away" printer to begin with. A print head
costs
> as much as a new printer.

i have noticed origonal carts cost more than printers sometimes, and some
printers are at throw away prices, but the quality cant be that bad so
infact you can get a good life out them. There must be a way to get it up
and running again.

>
>
>
> "Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" <julianhales@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:d483f.107964$RW.107846@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > thanks, i have a few old printers that dont work for various reasons, im
> not
> > really up on printers but i hate to see waste, i still reguarly use a
80's
> > dot matrix.
> >
> > "Cari" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> > news:3r2cvbFh67hiU3@individual.net...
> > > Sounds like a dead print head... which is probably why someone gave it
> > away.
> > > --
> > > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > > Printing & Imaging
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > "Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" <julianhales@blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote
> in
> > > message news:b0S2f.101393$RW.95461@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > > > Hi
> > > >
> > > > I was given this printer, this is the info i got from the start, i
> > havent
> > > > tried it yet as i have to dig out the usb lead.
> > > >
> > > > Seems to be faulty, we have tried lots of different cartrages and
> > > > different print heads, but doesn't print black properly
> > > >
> > > > Its a i250. I havent seen one of these before.
> > > >
> > > > I hate throwing anything away, is there much chance of getting it up
> and
> > > > running?
> > > > ta
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Julian
10/12/2005 10:53:14 PM
Like I said, it's cheaper to buy a new printer, and you will get hugely
better quality too.



"Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" <julianhales@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
message news:utg3f.108704$RW.82544@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "Dan G" <none@12345.org> wrote in message
> news:LrCdnbmv5dmAsdDeRVn-uw@comcast.com...
> > The i250 was a cheap "throw-away" printer to begin with. A print head
> costs
> > as much as a new printer.
>
> i have noticed origonal carts cost more than printers sometimes, and some
> printers are at throw away prices, but the quality cant be that bad so
> infact you can get a good life out them. There must be a way to get it up
> and running again.
>
> >
> >
> >
> > "Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" <julianhales@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote
in
> > message news:d483f.107964$RW.107846@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > > thanks, i have a few old printers that dont work for various reasons,
im
> > not
> > > really up on printers but i hate to see waste, i still reguarly use a
> 80's
> > > dot matrix.
> > >
> > > "Cari" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> > > news:3r2cvbFh67hiU3@individual.net...
> > > > Sounds like a dead print head... which is probably why someone gave
it
> > > away.
> > > > --
> > > > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > > > Printing & Imaging
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" <julianhales@blueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote
> > in
> > > > message news:b0S2f.101393$RW.95461@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > > > > Hi
> > > > >
> > > > > I was given this printer, this is the info i got from the start, i
> > > havent
> > > > > tried it yet as i have to dig out the usb lead.
> > > > >
> > > > > Seems to be faulty, we have tried lots of different cartrages and
> > > > > different print heads, but doesn't print black properly
> > > > >
> > > > > Its a i250. I havent seen one of these before.
> > > > >
> > > > > I hate throwing anything away, is there much chance of getting it
up
> > and
> > > > > running?
> > > > > ta
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Dan
10/13/2005 12:29:14 AM
> i have noticed origonal carts cost more than printers sometimes, and some
> printers are at throw away prices, but the quality cant be that bad so
> infact you can get a good life out them. There must be a way to get it up
> and running again.

I thought I already posted about the subject but clearly google is
being a foofoo head.

The i250 takes the QY6-044-000 also seen in the  i320, i350 and IP1000
printers.  These were designed to be disposable models.  If you have
already done and alignment, cleaned the timing strip, replaced the
head, there isn't a heck of alot more you can do.  There are older
canons that take the bc02 cartridge... but it was right at the i250 I
believe they decided not to suport it anymore.  Basicly you could buy
thimble sized ink or a somewhat big black with a printhead onboard in
the $20 range if you didn't need color.  Great for troubleshooting
older models.

I'm all for keeping older stuff in service, being a good citizen of
earth and creating less trash but this printer isn't one one would call
serviceable, as is the case with anything with an MSRP of 50 bucks.
There are plenty of other options out there that are worth your time.

IIRC the pixma ip1500 and ip2000 take the bci-24 tanks as well if you
don't want to waste them as well as a few printer in the i series.


Also see
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/Canon_22.html

0
zakezuke
10/13/2005 6:30:58 AM

zakezuke wrote:

>>i have noticed origonal carts cost more than printers sometimes, and some
>>printers are at throw away prices, but the quality cant be that bad so
>>infact you can get a good life out them. There must be a way to get it up
>>and running again.
>>    
>>
>
>I thought I already posted about the subject but clearly google is
>being a 
>

>foofoo head.
>  
>
HA HA HA

HERE COMES THE COMPOSITION

>The i250 takes the QY6-044-000 also seen in the  i320, i350 and IP1000
>printers.  These were designed to be disposable models.  If you have
>already done and alignment, cleaned the timing strip, replaced the
>head, there isn't a heck of alot more you can do.  There are older
>canons that take the bc02 cartridge... but it was right at the i250 I
>believe they decided not to suport it anymore.  Basicly you could buy
>thimble sized ink or a somewhat big black with a printhead onboard in
>the $20 range if you didn't need color.  Great for troubleshooting
>older models.
>
>I'm all for keeping older stuff in service, being a good citizen of
>earth and creating less trash but this printer isn't one one would call
>serviceable, as is the case with anything with an MSRP of 50 bucks.
>There are plenty of other options out there that are worth your time.
>
>IIRC the pixma ip1500 and ip2000 take the bci-24 tanks as well if you
>don't want to waste them as well as a few printer in the i series.
>
>
>Also see
>http://www.fixyourownprinter.com
>http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/Canon_22.html
>
>  
>
0
measekite
10/13/2005 5:30:08 PM
"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1129185058.559276.252810@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > i have noticed origonal carts cost more than printers sometimes, and
some
> > printers are at throw away prices, but the quality cant be that bad so
> > infact you can get a good life out them. There must be a way to get it
up
> > and running again.
>
> I thought I already posted about the subject but clearly google is
> being a foofoo head.
>
> The i250 takes the QY6-044-000 also seen in the  i320, i350 and IP1000
> printers.  These were designed to be disposable models.  If you have
> already done and alignment, cleaned the timing strip, replaced the
> head, there isn't a heck of alot more you can do.  There are older
> canons that take the bc02 cartridge... but it was right at the i250 I
> believe they decided not to suport it anymore.  Basicly you could buy
> thimble sized ink or a somewhat big black with a printhead onboard in
> the $20 range if you didn't need color.  Great for troubleshooting
> older models.
>
> I'm all for keeping older stuff in service, being a good citizen of
> earth and creating less trash but this printer isn't one one would call
> serviceable, as is the case with anything with an MSRP of 50 bucks.
> There are plenty of other options out there that are worth your time.
>
> IIRC the pixma ip1500 and ip2000 take the bci-24 tanks as well if you
> don't want to waste them as well as a few printer in the i series.
>
>
> Also see
> http://www.fixyourownprinter.com
> http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/Canon_22.html
>

useful thanks.

I had the idea of throwway suff, that last link shows info for a bjc6000
which i have, ok its years old ,but cost me �200 at the time, i tried using
it a couple of years ago but wouldnt print owt.  I still use a 230 b/w which
does the job ok, i do havea  canon? LP4+ laser that doesnt pass through
paper anymore, yeah its old but love to get that back up and running.



0
Julian
10/14/2005 6:32:36 PM
> I had the idea of throwway suff, that last link shows info for a bjc6000
> which i have, ok its years old ,but cost me =A3200 at the time, i tried u=
sing
> it a couple of years ago but wouldnt print owt.  I still use a 230 b/w wh=
ich
> does the job ok, i do havea  canon? LP4+ laser that doesnt pass through
> paper anymore, yeah its old but love to get that back up and running.

I think the bjc6000 IIRC at the very least took the bc-30e ink and
printhead.  As in if you can't print black a new head does not cost you
as much as a new printer, it cost you the price of two black tanks.
Same with the BC-31e, cost the same as 4 inktanks but came with three.
Unlike the i250 you got volume for your buck and the cost of
replacement heads end up being cheaper in the long run than newer
models.  There is at least a good reason to invest your time in the
bjc-6000.  That's the difference between a printer you spend 200 quid
on vs one that cost less than 50 quid when it was new.

Older 300dpi lasers are typicaly serviceable and still provide crisp
text output.

0
zakezuke
10/14/2005 11:39:20 PM
"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1129333159.996575.261160@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> I had the idea of throwway suff, that last link shows info for a bjc6000
> which i have, ok its years old ,but cost me �200 at the time, i tried
using
> it a couple of years ago but wouldnt print owt.  I still use a 230 b/w
which
> does the job ok, i do havea  canon? LP4+ laser that doesnt pass through
> paper anymore, yeah its old but love to get that back up and running.

I think the bjc6000 IIRC at the very least took the bc-30e ink and
printhead.  As in if you can't print black a new head does not cost you
as much as a new printer, it cost you the price of two black tanks.
Same with the BC-31e, cost the same as 4 inktanks but came with three.
Unlike the i250 you got volume for your buck and the cost of
replacement heads end up being cheaper in the long run than newer
models.  There is at least a good reason to invest your time in the
bjc-6000.  That's the difference between a printer you spend 200 quid
on vs one that cost less than 50 quid when it was new.

Older 300dpi lasers are typicaly serviceable and still provide crisp
text output.



thanks, same goes for my scanner, a �200 Canon, bought same time (infact one
was free with the other, maybe 5 years old.) it scanned damn good for years,
but i used it a few weeks ago and this happend.
http://www.julianhales.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/grandparents.htm

streaky lines. both are parralel rather than USB, and i know you can buy a
scanner for like 30 quid, then again my own is 27 years old, few little
quirks of course but i love it, i dont need some new cheap run around when
my car does me great, a pretty rate 77GT Celica.

Will try and get the printer up and running when i get time to take a look,
the manual download looks useful buti have no real exp on playing with
printers




0
Julian
10/15/2005 11:04:34 PM
>thanks, same goes for my scanner, a =A3200 Canon, bought same time (infact=
 one
>was free with the other, maybe 5 years old.) it scanned damn good for year=
s,
>but i used it a few weeks ago and this happend.
>http://www.julianhales.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/grandparents.htm
>
>streaky lines. both are parralel rather than USB, and i know you can buy a
>scanner for like 30 quid, then again my own is 27 years old, few little
>quirks of course but i love it, i dont need some new cheap run around when
>my car does me great, a pretty rate 77GT Celica.
>
>Will try and get the printer up and running when i get time to take a look,
>the manual download looks useful buti have no real exp on playing with
>printers

Yeah, I drove a 79 corolla for years till it reached the point where I
started to need a valve job.  One thing querky also in the 77 celica is
the nut that holds the shaft that connects the clutch peddle to the rod
that is connected to the hydrolic clutch master cylinder.  The problem
is the nut that's required is 12mm wide but everything for that sided
shaft is 13mm wide.  So you either can order the nuts from the dealer,
or shave down two sides of a 13mm nut to fit properly.

Scanners are another story.  The technology it self has not changed
enough to justify buying a new one.  Speed has improved but had it not
been for issues with software, i.e. not making win9x drivers or 2k
drivers i'd still be using a scanner I bought in the early 90s.

0
zakezuke
10/15/2005 11:56:36 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

HP printer vs. Canon printer
I need to replace my Epson Stylus Photo 825 as one of the print nozzles is permanently clogged! I have been looking at both HP and Canon printers, more specifically HP 7550 & Canon Pixma ip6700. Has anyone had any experience with either printer, good or bad? I need a printer that will do everything from print invoices, newsletters to photos. Photos do not have to be gallery quality, but good enough for a newsletter. Also, in comparison, which brand has better prices on ink? Is one brand of ink better than another (assuming I would use the same brand of paper) in relation t...

More printer issues Canon and Zerox printers
I am migrating printers from a legacy Solaris 2.6 environment to a Solaris 10 zone, maybe you can help me figure this out. I have the configuraztion on the solaris 2.6 system, I need to know how to deploy it on solaris 10. # lpstat -p lp4x1se -l printer lp4x1se is idle. enabled since Sep 15 10:10 2010. available. Remote Name: lp4x1se Remote Server: lp4x1se # I cannot telnet to the remote server, it says connection refused. Please tell me what to do next. On 09/16/10 10:53 AM, Andy Neirman wrote: > I am migrating printers from a legacy Solaris 2.6 environment t...

Canon i860 Photo Printer compared to Canon MP360 Printer/Scanner/Copier
I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated...

Canon Printer Problem.
I have a Canon BJC2100 Printer that was working perfectly until I unplugged it to move my computer. When I plugged it back in it stopped working. The problem is that the printhead won't go to the starting position, it stays in the center. I tried unplugging it for about an hour then plugging it back in again. It seems to recycle but it comes back to the center position. I tried replacing the ink carts and it does the same thing. I replaced the printhead and it made no difference. I tried removing the driver and installing the driver again (3 different times) but it doe...

Lexmark Printer Problems
A friend of mine has a Lexmark all in one, model X1150. Just recently it appears to have developed a fault, when she tries to print anything it brings up an error message saying 'Printer Cover Open'. The printer cover is fully closed so I can't see why the error is brought up every time, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance Diane Diane wrote: > A friend of mine has a Lexmark all in one, model X1150. Just recently it > appears to have developed a fault, when she tries to print anything it > brings up an error message saying 'Printer...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer
Hi All I've been working on my Canon Cat to get it so I can print to a HP printer. I've gotten the basics to work. For anyone interested, you can find some notes I have on the tForth in the Cat and my HP driver. The notes and things are on: www.digibarn.com The current listing has a couple of typos that I hope to get fixed but they are not hard to find. One is in the definition of HPdocbreak. It has #S intead of #s ( this tForth is case sensitive ). The other is in the final definition that connects the HP driver. The definition is: : HP ['] HPsetup exa setup' ; And sho...

Printer Drivers for Printer Canon Pixma iP1500
I recently bought this printer, but I can't find any driver for it. I have Fedora Core 3. Can anybody help me? If possible, of course. Kaotik wrote: > I recently bought this printer, but I can't find any driver for it. I > have Fedora Core 3. Can anybody help me? If possible, of course. Hi! It might be unrelated but I purchased a Canon Pixma ip3000 and found an article that suggested using the Canon bjc 7000 driver and tried it although it wont give me full features it does allow me to print using an otherwise large paper weight give it a go might work. ...

Printer Ink
Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill - Hi, I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill. I already have some information about Printer Ink on the website - www.Printer-Ink.biz; what I am looking for is pictures and diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge and printer ink refill work for the www.Printer-ink.biz website. Specifically, I am looking for good pictures of printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer refi...

Canon BJC2100 Printer problem
I used the printer one day and then disconnected it to use another printer. When I reinstalled the BJC2100, it acts as tho it is printing but no print comes through. Worked perfect one day and then failed the next day. New print cartridge..Any answers??Thanks jmoseleytex jmoseleytex wrote: > I used the printer one day and then disconnected it to use another > printer. When I reinstalled the BJC2100, it acts as tho it is printing > but no print comes through. Worked perfect one day and then failed the > next day. New print cartridge..Any answers??Thanks Everything ...

Address-Printer (?retrofit) (direct-printers) (marking printers)
Any clues on printers that print addresses directly on brochures? Also seek possible retrofit of existing dot-matrix printers to handle "flats" (no more than 20pg glossy brochures). where to buy refurbished? pls cc email - = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- ...

how to distinguish between printer and printer
I would like to know how to distinguish between a Program Printer such as 'Acrobat PDFWriter' and a Hardware Printer such as HP's one and a Network Printer. Would it be possible to distiguish each of 'Acrobat PDFWriter', 'HP desKjet', shared printer(which the port is started with '\\'), and a printer(using tcp/ip port) through printer server, if they are installed on a PC. Now I'm trying to get the printer information with "EnumPrinter()", but it's not easy to get known how different. ...

Canon 1550 printer problem
I just bought this printer and when I print a web page, the print is sometimes so small that you can hardly read it. I installed a Canon printer bar but I can not figure out how to increase the font size when printing a web page. Any help will be appreciated. mike Launch Internet Explorer, from the Toolbar, View, Text Size. -- Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware) www.coribright.com "Mike" <mrdspam@cheerful.com> wrote in message news:e2oq90dkishgj01566n1emq5h592ajkmdt@4ax.com... > I just bought this printer and when I print a web pa...

Canon i850 printer problem
Out of the blue my Canon i850 printer has started not printing the left 1/4" of only emails or printing off the net. I have done all the utilities, cleaning, alignment, etc. Any ideas? LJ wrote: > Out of the blue my Canon i850 printer has started not printing the left > 1/4" of only emails or printing off the net. I have done all the > utilities, cleaning, alignment, etc. Any ideas? This sounds like your page settings in the applications rather than the printer. ...

canon i865 printer problem
Hi Running windows XP home edition with SP2 my problem is that the printer won't print grey when I print photos I get a green hue over the picture and when I print a test image from http://www.misterinkjet.com/images/testprint.jpg the grey areas come out green I have changed the cartridges and the printhead all other printing is fine (word and excel docs ) when I check the grey scale box the printer prints several different shades of grey ok then , I have run the printhead alignment and nozzle check programmes that are in the maintence tab but to be honest I'm not sure what i should be looking at but they look ok (the new printhead has only been in a couple of hrs) I have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it I have installed it on another machine all with the same results I have consulted with canon europes FAQ in their website The printer is approx 18 mths old and has been no problem has anybody got any ideas what the the problem is or am i left with a printer that won't print grey TIA Osiris In article osiris.luxor@btopenworld.com says... > Hi > Running windows XP home edition with SP2 > my problem is that the printer won't print grey when I print photos I > get a green hue over the picture What application are you printing from? With some like Photoshop you can end up with both the app and the printer trying to manage the colour. Have you tried with simple program like Canon's Easy-Photoprint...

Canon i950 Printer Problem
Just installed its 3rd print head (from Canon). The problem was that I couldn't get the printer to print yellow. Every printout had a blue cast to it. Deep cleaning had no effect nor does the new print head. I would have dumped the printer (it's never been all that reliable) if I hadn't just bought a bunch of new ink cartridges. So now I'm $140 in the hole between the new print head and cartridges. And the ^*$#* thing still doesn't work. I've read just about all I could find on the Internet. No one seem to have this exact problem. I see where yellow can ...

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?
Hi, A long time ago (RO 3.1), I sometimes used the printer:$ window (IIRC) to directly send a specific sequence of bytes to a printer. Lately, I wanted to do the same thing under RISC OS 3.7 and printers 1.53. However *filer_opendir printer:$ gives: ��#:devices#buffer3:$.Parallel$ - the name was not recognised The error is also displayed when I click CTRL-Print in Zap *Show print* gives: PrintDefs$Dir : ADFS::HardDisc4.$.Apps.Printers16.!Boot.Resources.!PrintDefs PrintDefs$Path : ADFS::HardDisc4.$.Apps.Printers16.!Boot.Resources.!PrintDefs.Printers. Printer$ : PoScript2 Printer$Path : AD...

Canon i965 printer problem
Emac OS 10.3.1 Canon i965 printer. It prints perfectly with the latest versions of Illustrator, Word, Quark, Internet Explorer and AppleWorks, however with the latest version of Photoshop, Acrobat, Preview, Safari and Netscape there is a problem. The printed image size is miniature to what it should be, eg a full A4 page image prints at about 3/4" wide X 1" high. The default printer is set to i965 and default page is A4 in preferences/print & fax. I have the latest Canon driver 2.3.2 which states it is compatible with OS 10.3. I phoned Canon help, they couldn't help, no so...

problem with canon s900 printer
hi can anyone help, i have had my canon s900 printer for nearly 2 years now without a problem recently, everytime i print anything, the light flashes on and off (orange) with the message: The used ink tank is almost full. Press the printer's RESUME button to restart printing. all of my ink carts r full so its not that, i cant think of what the problem is, can anyone help? thank you James wrote: > > hi can anyone help, i have had my canon s900 printer for nearly 2 years now > without a problem > recently, everytime i print anything, the light flashes on and...

CUPS problem? or network problem? or printer problem?
Trying to configure CUPS to print to an HP LaserJet 5si over the network. Here is the relevant error_log stuff: I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Job 14 queued on 'ptr' by 'wm'. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttops (PID 12120) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 1 2121) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster (P ID 12122) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoprint er (PID 1...

Access 97 Problem: only one printer shown in the printer screen
Hello, The problem: When in the print screen to print an Access 97 report, in the printer drop-down list, there is only one printer shown, but it is not the printer I want to print to. There are multiple printers installed on this computer. I cannot find a way to make all the printers set up on the computer show in the Access 97 screen. This problem is only occuring in one profile. I've deleted the profile and reloaded it with no luck. I've reinstalled Access and the service release 2b on the PC, no luck. I've tried other databases with no change. I'm having a hard tim...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)
Posted on Ebay, item# 330331170291. Goto www.ebay.com & enter this item# 330331170291 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending. Do NOT reply on Newsgroups (I just posted here, but may not read) - instead contact via Ebay (best) or Email; if you insist on emailing and see "NOJUNK" strings in my address (or something to that effect) - REMOVE THEM before hitting send! (these are sometimes added to prevent SPAM, i.e. people who "harvest" addresses off Newsgroups). My Ebay feedback is 100% positive...

FS: PORTABLE CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)
Posted on Ebay, item# 330331170291. Goto www.ebay.com & enter this item# 330331170291 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending. Do NOT reply on Newsgroups (I just posted here, but will NOT read) - instead contact via Ebay (best) or Email. My Ebay feedback is 100% positive, not to mention 13 YEARS of Newsgroups trading without complains, and it's best to deal via Ebay though will respond to regular email also. Please read description there, but a few facts are copied here: 1) NEW (sealed) Canon cartridges for their p...

Major problems with Canon i560 Printer
Hi I have just purchased a Canon i560 printer (which got rave reviews everywhere) for my home computer and I cannot get it to print at all! I'm desperate for some help from those in the know. I have installed the latest drivers from the canon.co.uk web site (version 2.32) but when I try to print, the paper feeds a sheet at a time for every pass the printer tries to draw across the page. I just get hundreds of almost empty sheets -- completely useless. (I have a G4 800 Mhz running Panther 10.3.2. I have 1024 MB of Ram if it makes any difference.) What's weird is that the print te...

Web resources about - Canon printer problems - comp.periphs.printers

Is–ought problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The is–ought problem in meta-ethics as articulated by Scottish philosopher and historian David Hume (1711–76) is that many writers make claims ...

Bentley Flying Spur V8 S solves the ultimate First World problem
Filed under: Geneva Motor Show , Bentley , Sedan , Luxury , Performance Can't decide between the V8 and W12 versions of the Flying Spur? Bentley ...

New drivers and firmware fix Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book power management problems
... also heat issues now Microsoft have issued fixes. Starting today, new drivers and firmware updates are rolling out that address these problems ...

Embracing Computer Programming and Business law, UW students run from Problems of American Racial and ...
These kids today! So practical, so averse to the wisdom of their elders... For more analysis, here's the Cap Times article "Introductory politics ...

'Freakonomics' author says the most upsetting problem he's ever researched was cancer
Stephen Dubner, co-author of the best-selling "Freakonomics" series of books, has helped analyze hundreds of problems between four books (and ...

The problem with using gold to hedge
Gold and the S&P 500 are an especially volatile couple.

Rubio Is More Of A Bush Than Jeb — And That’s His Problem
Rubio’s refusal to admit the 2003 invasion was a mistake speaks to a dangerous obstinacy and lack of judgment


Adele Sets the Record Straight on Sound Problems During Her Grammys Performance
E! Online Adele Sets the Record Straight on Sound Problems During Her Grammys Performance E! Online Adele wants you to hear exactly why her ...

How Startups In Hypergrowth Mode Can Tackle Diversity Before It's A Problem
An exec from a recruiting software firm offers some actionable suggestions for hiring and retaining diverse people in tech. With the spotlight ...

Resources last updated: 2/18/2016 3:10:47 AM