Canon Printer Question

I have just bought a Canon i450 printer.
(PC Win 98 SE with USB connection)
It works great, but what is the annoying"mechanical cycle" it goes through
for about a minute everytime I have finished a print. Before I call Canon
and whinge, does anyone have any similar experiences, or is it a faulty
printer?

0
LGordon

"LGordon" <Lindsay.J.Gordon@team.telstra.com> wrote in message
> I have just bought a Canon i450 printer.
> (PC Win 98 SE with USB connection)
> It works great, but what is the annoying"mechanical cycle" it goes through
> for about a minute everytime I have finished a print. Before I call Canon
> and whinge, does anyone have any similar experiences, or is it a faulty
> printer?
>
> .

My Canon S200x does that, I just think it's normal for the printer
to do it. No need to worry, just the heads getting cleaned ready
for the next page.

0
trappeduser
8/13/2003 4:40:08 PM
If you can try running the printer from the parallel port.

DM

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:08:20 +1000, "LGordon"
<Lindsay.J.Gordon@team.telstra.com> wrote:

>I have just bought a Canon i450 printer.
>(PC Win 98 SE with USB connection)
>It works great, but what is the annoying"mechanical cycle" it goes through
>for about a minute everytime I have finished a print. Before I call Canon
>and whinge, does anyone have any similar experiences, or is it a faulty
>printer?

0
Dave

HP printer vs. Canon printer

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

Question about the waste ink tank in Canon IP5000 (and other Canon printers)
I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the printer, and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are replaced. So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridges with new ones before an error message appears saying the tank is full? Anyone taken a printer to Canon to have the tank emptied? How much did they charge? The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time intervals and when requested by the user. The deep cleaning routines use the most ink. There have been many discussions on this newsgroup and in other forums about the 'waste ink tank is full' messages and how to reset the printer. Taking the printer to a repair facility may end up costing nearly as much as a new printer. The tank isn't a bottle or container as the name implies. It is an absorbent pad. If you don't go overboard with deep cleaning cycles the chances are good that you'll not ever see this message for your printer. -- Ron "Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message news:42eb7fa8$0$78157$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the > printer, > and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are > replaced. > So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridg...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Printer Ink

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

Canon I860 printer questions
I'm thinking of buying this tonight. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions? I will be using it for school. Could someone tell me the best type of paper to use or at least a good paper to use for printing text and pictures from the internet? TIA lordmajax wrote: >I'm thinking of buying this tonight. I was wondering if anyone had any >opinions? I will be using it for school. Could someone tell me the best type >of paper to use or at least a good paper to use for printing text and >pictures from the internet? TIA For basic text and graphics, any coated paper will do fine. For more vibrant colours, use 99+ brightness inkjet paper and set the printer settings to "vivid colors". For photos, I use Office Depot 8.5x11 photo paper. It produces excellent quality prints that are durable and waterproof. I hear Red River also works well. I have used the i860 since it came out last September and have been totally satisfied with it. The only complaint is it takes a while (9-15 seconds) when you hit the print button until it actually starts printing...but the results are worth the wait!!! Good luck with your new purchase "lordmajax" <lordmajax@anon.net> wrote in message news:2O7ub.3849$c33.2926@fe01-2.private.usenetserver.com... > I'm thinking of buying this tonight. I was wondering if anyone had any > opinions? I will be using it for school. Could someone tell me the best type > of paper ...

canon I860 printer question
I thought I had posted a previous request about info for the correct paper to use when printing in text-only but I don't see my message so I'm requestiong it again. I have quite a bit of homework and syllabi to print out and I sometimes need to highlight area. However, when I try to highlight the black ink just smears. My setting are draft and plain paper. My paper is Office Depot's recycled paper. Any help on what type of paper to use would be great. Michael On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 05:58:37 GMT, lordmajax wrote: >I thought I had posted a previous request about info for the correct paper >to use when printing in text-only but I don't see my message so I'm >requestiong it again. I have quite a bit of homework and syllabi to print >out and I sometimes need to highlight area. However, when I try to highlight >the black ink just smears. My setting are draft and plain paper. My paper is >Office Depot's recycled paper. Any help on what type of paper to use would >be great. > >Michael > You will need to use a "coated" inkjet paper to keep it from smearing. Plain paper just won't work. The coating chemically locks the ink to the paper and makes it at least water resistant. Michael; The I860 is equipped with 2 black cartridges. The first is dye based, and it is used when printing photos which also contain other colors. The 2nd cartridge is pigment based, and is supposedly used wh...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Canon ip4200 printer profile question
Hi I've been trying to set my printer profile as default, but can't I have a profile that suits with paper type (plain paper), media source (cassette) etc, but I want to set 'preview before printing' to ON but when I check my main preferences window again it is back to OFF Could someone 'talk' me through this please or give me a URL with instruction before I commit Hari-Kari -- "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" Thomas Alva Edison (1847 - 1931) -- Martin ���� Hi Martin, In Print properties set your...

Older Canon BJC Printer Question, Please
Hi, I have a several year old Canon BJ 4400 printer which i really like. It runs thru an LPT port to my older PC, and I only use it to print a few copies of B&W text each week. Really plain and basic, and just perfect for my few printing needs. Today, I can't get it to work. The power light on the printer's front keeps blinking green. This is whether the PC is on or not. I am fairly certain that it is a printer problem, and not PC related. No paper jam that I can see. Fairly new cartridge. Am hoping that someone still using this printer migt have some idea...

Canon -50 and -60 series printer questions
I understand that the -60 series is the successor to the -50 series. a) Do these printers use the same drivers? b) Do these printers use the same ink cartridges? c) Is there any difference other than print speed between them? d) Any other points of difference or similarity? Thanks muchly. -- Wolf Kirchmeir If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on the train? (Garrison Keillor) <just one w and plain ca for correct e-mail address> ...

New Canon IP 4700 Printer Question
I just purchased a Canon IP 4700 printer and so far, am happy with its operation. The only area of concern is as follows: Rather frequently, I can hear the printer going thru some type of operation. I suspect it has something to do with cleaning of the printer head. If so, is this where the computer is periodically cleaning the printer head nozzles? Does this cause extra use of ink, and if so, is there a way to minimize this operation? I have a neighbor who leaves his printer on all of the time so as to minimize the cleaning of the printer head. I wonder if this is a vali...

Canon Pixma IP3000 printer ink question
Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2 different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk and the BCI-6. The BCI-3eBK seems to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6. Anyone got a clue what the difference is? Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson? -- What am I selling on ebay right now? http://tinyurl.com/38yjc Earn money reading emails! http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm Simon Finnigan wrote: >Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2 >different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk and the BCI-6. The BCI-3eBK seems >to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6. Anyone got a clue what the >difference is? Yes, but it doesn't apply to the iP3000, which uses four ink tanks, specifically the BCI-3eBk and three BCI-6(c/m/y). The BCI-6b is a dye-based photo black. The BCI-3eBk is a pigment-based black for text. The 3e is larger and has a higher ink volume. >Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be >panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson? Perhaps...have you considered the life expectancy of the printhead in the Canon printer and replacement cost? Personally I prefer the HP models because the printhead is part of the ink cartridge. You never have to worry about clogging or failure. I had a Canon i850 (previous model to the i...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Installed Printers
Hi, We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document type. Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript Thanks in advice Jo Jo Claes wrote: > Hi, > > We want to make it possible for our Users to link a printer to a document > type. > Doing that we need to know how we can load the installed printers on the > client system and how we can autoselect an printer using JavaScript > > Thanks in advice > > Jo Client-side JavaScript does not have...

canon printer
I have Redhat 9. The install went fine, but now the Canon printer (S300) has black (and colors) that come out washed out. The black is light grey rather than black. When I had Mandrake on this machine using the same printer there was a way (through Printer Drake) to adjust the stpGamma and density settings; I can find no similar setting in Redhat. Any suggestions?? ...

Web resources about - Canon Printer Question - comp.periphs.printers

Felling of Coolbellup 'king jarrah' raises questions over Main Roads processes
The felling of an ancient jarrah tree in Coolbellup - an act a biologist likened to "burning the Mona Lisa" - has raised questions about who ...

Questions linger after mysterious death of wife of Nauru's Justice Minister
The shocking death of the wife of Nauru's Justice Minister continues to haunt the tiny island nation.

Judge Orders Agency Officials, Hillary Clinton Aides, to Answer Questions About Email Server
Tuesday brought another momentous decision from a federal judge in the Hillary Clinton email case, and it's not even the same judge who ordered ...

The favorite job interview questions of Elon Musk, Richard Branson, and 26 other highly successful executives ...
Savvy executives know that interview questions like, "What's your biggest strength?" and, "What's your biggest weakness?" aren't as telling as ...

Former NFL Player Tweets Out The INSANE Questions He Was Asked By NFL Scouts
Former NFL Player Tweets Out The INSANE Questions He Was Asked By NFL Scouts

Former NFL Player Reveals Bonkers Questions He Was Asked At NFL Scouting Combine
If there’s one thing the NFL scouting combine is good for, it’s putting NFL prospects in contact with crazy people who think asking deeply benign ...

Questions here! Leave your Podtoid questions here!
In 60 short minutes we'll be recording another episode of everyone's beloved family programming, Podtoid. We endeavor to make every subsequent ...

Question of the Day: Why Aren’t You Buying the Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, or LG G5?
We ran a poll recently, asking which new flagship device you planned on picking up. Somewhat surprisingly, out of nearly 7,000 voters, the majority ...

The X-Files Finale Cliffhanger: Chris Carter Urges Fans "Don't Give Up" and Answers Burning Questions ...
E! Online The X-Files Finale Cliffhanger: Chris Carter Urges Fans "Don't Give Up" and Answers Burning Questions E! Online The X-Files is done. ...