dcblogs

From: "dcblogs administrator" <dcblogs@gmail.com>

> My my Canon MX882 had been connected to my network. The setup was easy
> after I bought my
> printer. It displayed the network, I entered the passcode and it work!
>
> However, I recently replaced my router and have a new access point code.
> Desktop, laptop,
> iPad and e-reader all connected. But the printer doesn't show the network!
> It shows all
> the networks in the building, my neighbor's for instance, but not my
> network.
>
> I tried manually entering it, but that doesn't work. I'm at a loss... any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks -

Ethernet or WiFi ?

What was the IP address of the printer on the previous Router ?

What is the network subnet of the old Router ?

What is the network subnet of the new Router ?

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David
12/7/2012 2:47:36 AM
On 12/6/2012 8:36 PM, dcblogs administrator wrote:
> My my Canon MX882 had been connected to my network. The setup was easy after I bought my printer. It displayed the network, I entered the passcode and it work!
>
> However, I recently replaced my router and have a new access point code. Desktop, laptop, iPad and e-reader all connected. But the printer doesn't show the network! It shows all the networks in the building, my neighbor's for instance, but not my network.
>
> I tried manually entering it, but that doesn't work. I'm at a loss... any ideas?
>
> Thanks -

If David's suggestions don't get the printer working for you then you
might want to give the following a try.

I suspect that the printer is still trying to log into the old network
using the old stored SSID/password that used to work, so it's firmware
is refusing to show you what it is trying to use.

Try going into the new router and changing the SSID to something else,
boot it, and then I expect the printer will show the "new" network and
allow you to enter the new password.

Finally if you really want the old SSID you can change the router back
and then teach the printer the "new" SSID again.
0
GlowingBlueMist

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

3570 Canon Networked Printer won't print
I'm trying to setup a 3570 Canon Printer on my network. The printer and workstations are all in the same subnet. When trying to print a test page to the printer's ip address I can see that the job goes into the print queue (from a windows 2000 machine) for a second and has a job status of "printing". It then goes out of the queue as if the job completed and was sent to the printer. During this time the 3570 Canon Printer makes some noise as if the print job is going to print (for about 1 to 2 seconds) and then stops. Nothing comes out of the printer. I get no e...

Computer won't allow Printer To Be Added... and dies when HP Network Printer Wizard Runss..
One of my WIN98SE networked printers won't add printers. Two other computers on the network nicely added the new printer with no problems. There is a DirectJet 500 printer server on the network which is functional For the troublesome computer, the Printer applet in Control Pannel and in My Computer just won't run. These run on the other networked computers. When I run HP Network Printer Setup Wizard, it dies or claims the printer isn't networked, on this particular computer. The wizard runs fine on the other networked computers. The network protocols active a...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Home network printer won't work
Hi all...... I've just put together a small home network, one pc running windows xp home and one running windows 98se. After some frustration I now have shared internet access and file sharing working on both computers. I cannot however get them to share a printer, I've run the network wizard and all seems to be well, the printer shows up on both computers. I've installed the appropriate drivers etc. but all attempts to print from the windows 98 computer send the message, unable to communicate with the printer. I've tried looking at many websites, most of which ...

Canon Printer Won't Stalls On Graphics
The is a Multipass 2500 unit [similar to BJ 4100 engine]. I thought I solved this a few weeks ago but problem returned. Units prints characters fine. Demo page print [firmware in unit - not software] includes a graphic element which causes print head to lose its place or "skip", i.e., head parks on the right side while paper advances jerkily. This problem came clear while cleaning in the past. Most recently, I thought it was a slight misalignment of the "wiper" pad but I see no joy now. Again, prints character based pages perfectly. Graphics glitch lim...

XP won't install network printer
I'm attempting to connect a Windows XP "Home" system to a shared printer on a Windows NT 4 system via peer-to-peer networking. The trouble I'm having is that when installing the printer on XP, a diagnostic message pops up saying that XP cannot connect because the NT system doesn't have a compatible printer driver. Then the printer setup just aborts! (I don't think it's a networking problem, I can browse shared directories on the NT system, and the NT system can print to XP printers.) On Win9x systems one could manually specify a printer driver for a n...

Mandriva 2006_64: Won't recognize local printer
Hi, My fully updated Mandriva 2006-64 is connected to a working local printer (HP 970). During initial installation, the printer has been recognized and worked fine in Mandriva. After the initial installation I've installed HylaFax (although still can't fax for some reason). Since than Mandriva won;t recognize my printer-whenever is run printdrake the respective windows remains fully gray. Enclosed please find a copy of the respective segment of my syslog. Please advise both for printer and fax. TIA ------------/var/log/syslog segment---------- Dec 6 05:32:09 Atlantis drakfax_server...

My computer won't recognize Dell 1700 printer
My Dell Dimension 2400 desktop computer...Windows XP...won't recognize my Dell 1700 mono printer. When I go through the setup wizard, the message says "can't install driver." I am using a parallel cable to connect the printer and the computer. Any suggestions? Thanks, David Couple of things to try. Make sure the parallel port is enabled in your bios and has an address. Additionally there may be several settings for the port; 'enhanced', etc. Check the documentation of the printer to see which setting is indicated. Go to Dell and download the latest ...

Canon S600 printer won't print in black
Hello everyone, I've got a Canon S600 inkjet printer which was working perfectly fine until a couple of days ago in which i was rearranging my computer station to another room. All that was done was that the printer was disconnected and moved temporarily. Upon re-connection, I noticed that anything I try to print in black (ie. Word document or web pages) doesn't print. Other colors including grey print fine. I've checked that all the ink cartridges are full, tried reinstalling/updating the drivers etc. but nothing. If anyone has any insight in what the problem might...

Canon i560 printer won't print black
I have an i560 printer. It has suddenly stopped printing black. I have the service manual, but it doesn't give any circuit diagrams. Can anyone help? I looked on the internet, and a number of people have had this problem, but most of the answers tell them to replace the ink cartridge - as if that was not the first thing anyone intelligent would do! I have played around with it, and I find that if I plug it into my laptop it prints a Word text document perfectly - so the black cartidge and printhead must be O.K. When I use my RISC PC it doesn't print, so it would appear that the prin...

Canon i560 printer won't print black #2
My Canon i560 has suddenly stopped printing black. I've looked on the internet, and quite a few people seem to have had this happen, and the only suggestion is "change the black ink cartridge" - which is what anyone with any intelligence would do anyway! It won't print black text from Impression on my RISC PC, but when I plug the printer into my laptop with the USB it prints out "Word" documents perfectly. I suspect this is because the RISC PC prints documents as graphics, and it has stopped printing graphics. Anyway, it proves that there is no fault with the blac...

Quark 5 won't recognize printer description files
All it sees is the 3 generic files. I've got 2 Hp's and a Xerox which have installed ppds in the extension/printer description folder as well as Quark 5's preferences/PPDs. Any ideas? in article 4ba47fb0.0311171448.2ac39371@posting.google.com, Marty at baradonai@earthlink.net wrote on 11/17/03 2:48 PM: > All it sees is the 3 generic files. > I've got 2 Hp's and a Xerox which have installed ppds in the > extension/printer description folder as well as Quark 5's > preferences/PPDs. -- Did you update the PPDs in the PPD utility? MSD I've got them set...

My G5 won't recognize my HP color laser printer
I have been working for days resetting my network after much trouble. I now have a win98se computer printing to the HP 3550n printer. I have a wireless 4-port router (only using the hard wired ports now) and a 8-port switch. There is another g5 and another win98se computer, but I'm leaving them out of this for now. Right now, I can make the win98se machine print on the 3550n. It's a solid connection through the HP print server, the JetDirect en3700. The IP address has been set manually to 192.168.1.103. I have tried setting up a printer within the G5 to this address and i...