Canon Printer Won't Stalls On Graphics

The is a Multipass 2500 unit [similar to BJ 4100 engine].  I thought I
solved this a few weeks ago but problem returned.

Units prints characters fine.

Demo page print [firmware in unit - not software] includes a graphic element
which causes print head to lose its place or "skip", i.e., head parks on the
right side while paper advances jerkily.

This problem came clear while cleaning in the past.  Most recently, I
thought it was a slight misalignment of the "wiper" pad but I see no joy
now.

Again, prints character based pages perfectly.  Graphics glitch limits
usefulness as fax machine.

Any idea what causes this?

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

0
John

I'd check to see if the head is binding on the rails. Sometimes the friction
is great enough to cause a problem.
"John Keiser" <john.keiser2@verizon.net> wrote in message

> The is a Multipass 2500 unit [similar to BJ 4100 engine].  I thought I
> solved this a few weeks ago but problem returned.
>
> Units prints characters fine.
>
> Demo page print [firmware in unit - not software] includes a graphic
element
> which causes print head to lose its place or "skip", i.e., head parks on
the
> right side while paper advances jerkily.
>
> This problem came clear while cleaning in the past.  Most recently, I
> thought it was a slight misalignment of the "wiper" pad but I see no joy
> now.
>
> Again, prints character based pages perfectly.  Graphics glitch limits
> usefulness as fax machine.
>
> Any idea what causes this?
>
> --
> Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

0
chuckk

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

Canon printer won't recognize network
My my Canon MX882 had been connected to my network. The setup was easy after I bought my printer. It displayed the network, I entered the passcode and it work! However, I recently replaced my router and have a new access point code. Desktop, laptop, iPad and e-reader all connected. But the printer doesn't show the network! It shows all the networks in the building, my neighbor's for instance, but not my network. I tried manually entering it, but that doesn't work. I'm at a loss... any ideas? Thanks - From: "dcblogs administrator" <dcblogs@gmail.com>...

3570 Canon Networked Printer won't print
I'm trying to setup a 3570 Canon Printer on my network. The printer and workstations are all in the same subnet. When trying to print a test page to the printer's ip address I can see that the job goes into the print queue (from a windows 2000 machine) for a second and has a job status of "printing". It then goes out of the queue as if the job completed and was sent to the printer. During this time the 3570 Canon Printer makes some noise as if the print job is going to print (for about 1 to 2 seconds) and then stops. Nothing comes out of the printer. I get no e...

Canon i560 printer won't print black
I have an i560 printer. It has suddenly stopped printing black. I have the service manual, but it doesn't give any circuit diagrams. Can anyone help? I looked on the internet, and a number of people have had this problem, but most of the answers tell them to replace the ink cartridge - as if that was not the first thing anyone intelligent would do! I have played around with it, and I find that if I plug it into my laptop it prints a Word text document perfectly - so the black cartidge and printhead must be O.K. When I use my RISC PC it doesn't print, so it would appear that the prin...

Canon S600 printer won't print in black
Hello everyone, I've got a Canon S600 inkjet printer which was working perfectly fine until a couple of days ago in which i was rearranging my computer station to another room. All that was done was that the printer was disconnected and moved temporarily. Upon re-connection, I noticed that anything I try to print in black (ie. Word document or web pages) doesn't print. Other colors including grey print fine. I've checked that all the ink cartridges are full, tried reinstalling/updating the drivers etc. but nothing. If anyone has any insight in what the problem might...

Computer won't allow Printer To Be Added... and dies when HP Network Printer Wizard Runss..
One of my WIN98SE networked printers won't add printers. Two other computers on the network nicely added the new printer with no problems. There is a DirectJet 500 printer server on the network which is functional For the troublesome computer, the Printer applet in Control Pannel and in My Computer just won't run. These run on the other networked computers. When I run HP Network Printer Setup Wizard, it dies or claims the printer isn't networked, on this particular computer. The wizard runs fine on the other networked computers. The network protocols active a...

Canon i560 printer won't print black #2
My Canon i560 has suddenly stopped printing black. I've looked on the internet, and quite a few people seem to have had this happen, and the only suggestion is "change the black ink cartridge" - which is what anyone with any intelligence would do anyway! It won't print black text from Impression on my RISC PC, but when I plug the printer into my laptop with the USB it prints out "Word" documents perfectly. I suspect this is because the RISC PC prints documents as graphics, and it has stopped printing graphics. Anyway, it proves that there is no fault with the blac...

my Canon printer won't let me select the black ink cartridge
I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with a problem I'm having with my Canon Pixma 250 printer. The colour cartridge has nearly run out, but the black and white cartridge still has plenty of ink in it. As I only want to print out some letters, I've tried selecting 'use black ink cartridge only' (or whatever the wording is). But then when I try to print, I get a message that looks something like this: "This document will print using the following cartridge: COLOR Your over-ride command has been disabled" This isn't the exact wor...

Willie won't, Willie won't, won't go!
Ah yes, some 70s nostalgia tunes. ...

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

Printer won't
I installed Airfoil and Airport Express as a client. All of a sudden my printer (Brother MCN420) on the USB won't work. At first I couldn't even find it on System Pref and when I wanted to print. Now (after reloading the driver) I can find the printer and when I try to print, it gets into the queue but nothing happens for a couple of seconds and then it is automatically stopped. I see nothing on the printer screen like I used about receiving data. I switched around the UBS slots in case that one was going bad. No deal. The other things attached to USB seem to be working Oka...

Can't delete printer from Printers Folder
When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and have to restart. Thanks, Patrick Les Moore wrote: > When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I > need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This > happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers > installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program > like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and > have to restart. > > Thanks, > Patrick Did you try deleting it in safe mode? On 5 May 2004 08:57:59 -0700, patrick_sdc@hotmail.com (Les Moore) wrote: >When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I >need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This >happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers >installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program >like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and >have to restart. > >Thanks, >Patrick Try Control Panel/Add/Remove Hardware. -- Hecate Hecate@newsguy.com veni, vidi, reliqui ...

!Printers won't load at all
[Posted and mailed] Not sure if this is an Apps problem or network problem so posting to both - hope this is ok. I want to print an OvationPro document on my RiscPC to my HP color laserjet2550L which is connected by USB to my PC, the two networked together with a cross-over cable. I recently purchased UniPrint2, set it up and it all worked perfectly. Tonight, trying the above print job: 1. Selected the UniPrint driver on Printers' iconbar 2. Checked UniPrint on the PC was running 3. Checked the 2550L was on and had paper 4. Clicked on Print from within OPro. This resulted...

Printer won't print any colors!
Canon i850, WinXP, USB. Don't know what's going on here. Printer worked normally a week or 2 ago when I last used it. But now it will only print black--no colors. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it. Updated driver to latest. Cleaned print head by removing it from printer and also from Maintenance tab. Any more ideas? First of all what happens when you do a nozzle test print from th printers maintenance Window....are there any colours showing on th test strip.. Dav "Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:%S83g.193466$iS4.193071...

printer won't print black
I have an HP photosmart 7550 and I just changed the black ink cartridge and printed a calibration page and it looked fine. I went to print a Word document and the print head was moving like it is printing but the page came out blank. I changed cartridges and it happened again, so I don't think it's the cartridge (unless I happened to have 2 bad carts, but what is the chance of that?). The HP toolbox says the ink level is full. Any ideas? Thanks!! Eddie G "Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote: >I have an HP photosmart 7550 and...

printer won't print straight
At work, we have an HP clolor laserjet 4600. I had a document with a border. When I printed it, the document apparently was not straight, as the margin to the top of the border was slanted. Does it just about every time, although the slant differs from time to time. Is there some calibration I can do? Thanks, Peter This is a common problem with laser printers. As the paper feed rollers wear, paper can slip and slide as it is being pulled through the printer resulting in skewiff borders. You will need to replace the paper feed rollers. James Sodor www.whatcartridge.com ...

Printer just won't print
I configured my printer with APSFILTER. It usually works very well, but this time I tried to install CUPS before and it might be why I've had problems ever since. When I look at the printer settings in KDE, everything seems fine. When I try to print a document, I receive a message saying that data is sent to the printer, but nothing happens thereafter. I don't even recieve an error message. I can't even print from the command line with lpr /etc/hosts or echo "Hello World" | lpr -PCan300. No error message, no nothing. lpq (ou lpstat) yields: Printer: Can300@here 'lq850;r=300x300;q=medium;c=full;p=letter;m=auto' Queue: no printable jobs in queue Server: no server active Status: job 'gp@here+831' saved at 00:46:10.773 Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time error gp@here+831 A 831 ERROR: aborting operations ---------------------------------------- lpc reread: lpd server pid 651 on here, sending SIGHUP ---------------------------------------- ps ax: 651 ? S 0:00 lpd Waiting ---------------------------------------- Still doesn't print! Here at my links in /usr/bin . Is it normal that lp links to lp-lprng, which links to lpr, which links to lpr-lprng ? It looks like quite a merry-go-round! ls -l /usr/bin/lp* : lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 2004-06-19 15:18 /usr/bin/lp -> lp-lprng* -rwxr-xr-x 1 root bin 148 2003-09-12 01:13 /u...

usb printer won't register
I've got a new usb printer for my dual boot pc I have not been able to get working under linux. I've tried booting into linux with the printer on as well as turning it on after linux was running with no sucsess. I'm sure the cable & ports are fine as I can print under Windows. I'm sure the basic usb system is working under linux as I can connect my digital camera via usb, & view the pictures. "cat filename.txt > /dev/usb/lp0" does nothing but returns no errors. I'm guessing the problem stems from the printer module not registering. I'm out of ...

Epson printer won't print
A friend of mine with an Epson USB printer a couple years old running under Windows 98 is having a problem not being able to print. She says the printer indicates no paper is present when there is ample paper. When the printer is turned off and then back on it usually prints. Is there a fairly easy solution for this problem? ...

Integer printer won't compile

Printer won't print black?
Hi, I have an Epson printer. When I changed out the black cartridge this time it wouldn't print. After many hours of frustration - trying a different new cartridge, printing in colors, cleaning printing heads repeatedly, uninstalling and reinstalling driver, and communicating with Epson - I have discovered this morning that it may not be the printer. I installed a different printer, hp officejet 6100 all-in-one, went through all the software installation procedures and finally attempted to print the document from yesterday. Did not print in black ink??? I printed the sa...

Laser Printer Won't Print
I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I changed the cartridge was four years ago. Today I tried to print a document and keep getting the error message "This document failed to print". I've checked the parallel cable connections and power supply, tried printing from the command prompt without success. I've uninstalled the printer and reinstalled using the "Add Printer" again without success. I've taken the cartridge out of the printer and gently shaken it from side to side. I'm pretty sure that the cartridge is empty e...

Why won't app recognise printer?
Hi, I'm using wine-20030219 on Debian Linux 3.0 (woody) with CUPS printing which is set up as follows: lpadmin -p tofile -E -v socket://localhost:12000 -m raw lpadmin -p tofile -P wine-20030219/documentation/samples/generic.ppd (I don't actually have a printer on my machine. But a process listens on port 12000 and captures everything to a file so I can print it elsewhere.) When I try printing in Notepad, it does print. (It's not particularly good - wrong paper size etc - but it does print.) By default the combo box in the print dialogue is blank, but clicking ...

Web resources about - Canon Printer Won't Stalls On Graphics - comp.periphs.printers