canon prism(?) on ip4000 & compatible cartridge

Hi ...
just replace an original cartidge with a jettec ("c22c 30% extra life")
.... in my ip4000...
but canon monitor now shows it as still low on ink (even after turning
printer on/off and rebooting pc)...

Jettec say this is because their cartridges don't include a prism
because of canon patent?  They say I have to keep taking cartidges out
and visually inspecting level via transparant side to cartridge...

Other than complaining that this wasn't clear from their website... can
anyone confirm this is the really the case ... my kids burnt out a
printhead on a previous printer by not replacing the ink soon enough
.... will the IP4000 out of ink warning appear with a compatible
cartridge... or will I not know until it stops printing on the page?

Does anyone know of a compatible cartridge that works better with the
IP4000 ink management system... or do they all require this ongoing
visual inspection with the canon?

thanks
AJ

0
nospammer999

<nospammer999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi ...
> just replace an original cartidge with a jettec ("c22c 30% extra life")
> ... in my ip4000...
> but canon monitor now shows it as still low on ink (even after turning
> printer on/off and rebooting pc)...
>
> Jettec say this is because their cartridges don't include a prism
> because of canon patent?  They say I have to keep taking cartidges out
> and visually inspecting level via transparant side to cartridge...
>
> Other than complaining that this wasn't clear from their website... can
> anyone confirm this is the really the case ... my kids burnt out a
> printhead on a previous printer by not replacing the ink soon enough
> ... will the IP4000 out of ink warning appear with a compatible
> cartridge... or will I not know until it stops printing on the page?
>
> Does anyone know of a compatible cartridge that works better with the
> IP4000 ink management system... or do they all require this ongoing
> visual inspection with the canon?
>
> thanks
> AJ

I've bought a couple of different brands of compatibles for the IP4000 and
both have had 'prisms' and have reported low ink accurately. I think you've
been sold a dud. As I'm in Australia, and as you haven't stated where you
are from my specific recommendations are probably not useful to you.

0
Caitlin
9/19/2005 12:05:15 PM
If you replaced the cart before you got the low ink warning, the monitor
doesn't "reset" to full.  That is the case with all the canon printers up to
the newest series that is just hitting the market.  The "i" series and "ip"
series, as well as models before them, do not have a monitor that actually
tracks the ink level in each cart continuously.  When the prism is exposed
in the reservoir area you get the low ink warning, and after a few more
prints you get the empty signal.  At that point, when you put in another
cart, the printer resets to full.  Since I refill my carts before the
reservoir is empty, the monitor never resets and my monitor shows low ink in
all carts, full or not.

<nospammer999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi ...
> just replace an original cartidge with a jettec ("c22c 30% extra life")
> ... in my ip4000...
> but canon monitor now shows it as still low on ink (even after turning
> printer on/off and rebooting pc)...
>
> Jettec say this is because their cartridges don't include a prism
> because of canon patent?  They say I have to keep taking cartidges out
> and visually inspecting level via transparant side to cartridge...
>
> Other than complaining that this wasn't clear from their website... can
> anyone confirm this is the really the case ... my kids burnt out a
> printhead on a previous printer by not replacing the ink soon enough
> ... will the IP4000 out of ink warning appear with a compatible
> cartridge... or will I not know until it stops printing on the page?
>
> Does anyone know of a compatible cartridge that works better with the
> IP4000 ink management system... or do they all require this ongoing
> visual inspection with the canon?
>
> thanks
> AJ

0
Burt
9/19/2005 2:54:56 PM
nospammer999@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi ...
> just replace an original cartidge with a jettec ("c22c 30% extra life")
> ... in my ip4000...
> but canon monitor now shows it as still low on ink (even after turning
> printer on/off and rebooting pc)...
>
> Jettec say this is because their cartridges don't include a prism
> because of canon patent?  They say I have to keep taking cartidges out
> and visually inspecting level via transparant side to cartridge...
>
> Other than complaining that this wasn't clear from their website... can
> anyone confirm this is the really the case ... my kids burnt out a
> printhead on a previous printer by not replacing the ink soon enough
> ... will the IP4000 out of ink warning appear with a compatible
> cartridge... or will I not know until it stops printing on the page?
>
> Does anyone know of a compatible cartridge that works better with the
> IP4000 ink management system... or do they all require this ongoing
> visual inspection with the canon?
>
> thanks
> AJ

Never encountered a "prism-less" Canon-type cartridge, and I've seen and
tried many, many brands - even bought blank (new empty) cartridges with
prisms. If that indeed is the case for you, move on, there's lots of
other choices.

-Taliesyn
0
Taliesyn
--------------020401070309050403090008

nospammer999@hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi ...
>just replace an original cartidge with a jettec ("c22c 30% extra life")

AND ENJOY THE CLOG

>... in my ip4000...
>but canon monitor now shows it as still low on ink (even after turning
>printer on/off and rebooting pc)...
>
>Jettec say this is because their cartridges don't include a prism

AFTERMARKET SHIT

>because of canon patent?  They say I have to keep taking cartidges out
>and visually inspecting level via transparant side to cartridge...
>
>Other than complaining that this wasn't clear from their website... can
>anyone confirm this is the really the case ... my kids burnt out a
>printhead on a previous printer

GREAT.  DID YOU NOT LEARN YOUR LESSON YET OR ARE YOU GOING TO LISTEN TO
THE SOME OF THE IDIOTS (NOT ALL) ON THIS NG.  *SOME *BUT NOT ALL OF THE
IDIOTS ARE:

BURTIE FURTIE
FRANKIE CRANKIE
ZOOKE ZEEKEE
PECKERBLOOMER
NGDUMREPLIES
TONY DA TIGER

>by not replacing the ink soon enough
>... will the IP4000 out of ink warning appear with a compatible
>cartridge... or will I not know until it stops printing on the page?
>
>Does anyone know of a compatible cartridge that works better with the
>IP4000 ink management system... or do they all require this ongoing
>visual inspection with the canon?
>
>thanks
>AJ

--------------020401070309050403090008

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:nospammer999@hotmail.com">nospammer999@hotmail.com</a> wrote:<br>
 cite="mid1127124168.219541.238860@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Hi ...
just replace an original cartidge with a jettec ("c22c 30% extra life")
  </pre>
AND ENJOY THE CLOG<br>
 cite="mid1127124168.219541.238860@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">... in my ip4000...
but canon monitor now shows it as still low on ink (even after turning
printer on/off and rebooting pc)...

Jettec say this is because their cartridges don't include a prism
  </pre>
AFTERMARKET SHIT<br>
 cite="mid1127124168.219541.238860@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">because of canon patent?  They say I have to keep taking cartidges out
and visually inspecting level via transparant side to cartridge...

Other than complaining that this wasn't clear from their website... can
anyone confirm this is the really the case ... my kids burnt out a
printhead on a previous printer </pre>
GREAT.&nbsp; DID YOU NOT LEARN YOUR LESSON YET OR ARE YOU GOING TO LISTEN TO
THE SOME OF THE IDIOTS (NOT ALL) ON THIS NG.&nbsp; <b>SOME </b>BUT NOT ALL
OF THE IDIOTS ARE:<br>
BURTIE FURTIE<br>
FRANKIE CRANKIE<br>
ZOOKE ZEEKEE<br>
PECKERBLOOMER<br>
NGDUMREPLIES<br>
TONY DA TIGER<br>
 cite="mid1127124168.219541.238860@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">by not replacing the ink soon enough
.... will the IP4000 out of ink warning appear with a compatible
cartridge... or will I not know until it stops printing on the page?

Does anyone know of a compatible cartridge that works better with the
IP4000 ink management system... or do they all require this ongoing
visual inspection with the canon?

thanks
AJ

  </pre>

--------------020401070309050403090008--
0
measekite
9/19/2005 9:52:14 PM

Caitlin wrote:

><nospammer999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>Hi ...
>>just replace an original cartidge with a jettec ("c22c 30% extra life")
>>... in my ip4000...
>>but canon monitor now shows it as still low on ink (even after turning
>>printer on/off and rebooting pc)...

GOOD.  WAIT FOR THE CLOG

>>Jettec say this is because their cartridges don't include a prism
>>because of canon patent?  They say I have to keep taking cartidges out
>>and visually inspecting level via transparant side to cartridge...
>>
>>Other than complaining that this wasn't clear from their website... can
>>anyone confirm this is the really the case ... my kids burnt out a
>>printhead on a previous printer by not replacing the ink soon enough
>>... will the IP4000 out of ink warning appear with a compatible
>>cartridge... or will I not know until it stops printing on the page?
>>
>>Does anyone know of a compatible cartridge that works better with the
>>IP4000 ink management system...

CANON OEM CARTS WITH OEM INK

>>or do they all require this ongoing
>>visual inspection with the canon?
>>
>>thanks
>>AJ
>>

>I've bought a couple of different brands of compatibles for the IP4000 and
>both have had 'prisms' and have reported low ink accurately. I think you've
>been sold a dud. As I'm in Australia, and as you haven't stated where you
>are from my specific recommendations are probably not useful to you.

0
measekite
9/19/2005 9:59:49 PM

Burt wrote:

>If you replaced the cart before you got the low ink warning, the monitor
>doesn't "reset" to full.  That is the case with all the canon printers up to
>the newest series that is just hitting the market.  The "i" series and "ip"
>series, as well as models before them, do not have a monitor that actually
>tracks the ink level in each cart continuously.  When the prism is exposed
>in the reservoir area you get the low ink warning, and after a few more
>prints you get the empty signal.  At that point, when you put in another
>cart, the printer resets to full.  Since I refill my carts

THATS YOUR PROBLEM

>before the
>reservoir is empty, the monitor never resets and my monitor shows low ink in
>all carts, full or not.
>
><nospammer999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>Hi ...
>>just replace an original cartidge with a jettec ("c22c 30% extra life")
>>... in my ip4000...
>>but canon monitor now shows it as still low on ink (even after turning
>>printer on/off and rebooting pc)...
>>
>>Jettec say this is because their cartridges don't include a prism
>>because of canon patent?  They say I have to keep taking cartidges out
>>and visually inspecting level via transparant side to cartridge...
>>
>>Other than complaining that this wasn't clear from their website... can
>>anyone confirm this is the really the case ... my kids burnt out a
>>printhead on a previous printer by not replacing the ink soon enough
>>... will the IP4000 out of ink warning appear with a compatible
>>cartridge... or will I not know until it stops printing on the page?
>>
>>Does anyone know of a compatible cartridge that works better with the
>>IP4000 ink management system... or do they all require this ongoing
>>visual inspection with the canon?
>>
>>thanks
>>AJ

0
measekite
9/19/2005 10:04:09 PM
In article <1127124168.219541.238860@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
nospammer999@hotmail.com says...
> Hi ...
> just replace an original cartidge with a jettec ("c22c 30% extra life")
> ... in my ip4000...
> but canon monitor now shows it as still low on ink (even after turning
> printer on/off and rebooting pc)...
>
> Jettec say this is because their cartridges don't include a prism
> because of canon patent?  They say I have to keep taking cartidges out
> and visually inspecting level via transparant side to cartridge...
>
> Other than complaining that this wasn't clear from their website... can
> anyone confirm this is the really the case ... my kids burnt out a
> printhead on a previous printer by not replacing the ink soon enough
> ... will the IP4000 out of ink warning appear with a compatible
> cartridge... or will I not know until it stops printing on the page?
>
> Does anyone know of a compatible cartridge that works better with the
> IP4000 ink management system... or do they all require this ongoing
> visual inspection with the canon?
>
> thanks
> AJ

I bought some empty cartridges from inkjetsaver.com, and they do have
the prisms in the bottom. Haven't had to use any yet, as I am on my 4th
or 5th refill each with the original Canon cartridges (Using ink from
alotofthings.com) and they are still working great.
0
Irwin
9/20/2005 7:33:30 AM
nospammer999@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi ...
> just replace an original cartidge with a jettec ("c22c 30% extra life")
> ... in my ip4000...
> but canon monitor now shows it as still low on ink (even after turning
> printer on/off and rebooting pc)...
>
> Jettec say this is because their cartridges don't include a prism
> because of canon patent?  They say I have to keep taking cartidges out
> and visually inspecting level via transparant side to cartridge...

How odd...  my experence with aftermarket tanks is limited to
www.inksupply.com simply because buy refillables that don't need to be
replaced.  But those refillables have prisms in them.  I was not aware
that canon had a patent on this.

I was unaware jettec had no prisms.  This is some bad mojo.  While the
prism system isn't perfect, it's better than nothing.  You might enjoy
better luck getting refillables.  I'm afraid I don't know the UK market
very well but there is some guy who speaks about cartridgeworld.com, a
uk based company.

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/index.php
0
Matt
9/20/2005 10:27:40 AM

Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

>In article <1127124168.219541.238860@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
>nospammer999@hotmail.com says...
>

>>Hi ...
>>just replace an original cartidge with a jettec ("c22c 30% extra life")
>>... in my ip4000...
>>but canon monitor now shows it as still low on ink (even after turning
>>printer on/off and rebooting pc)...
>>
>>Jettec say this is because their cartridges don't include a prism
>>because of canon patent?  They say I have to keep taking cartidges out
>>and visually inspecting level via transparant side to cartridge...
>>
>>Other than complaining that this wasn't clear from their website... can
>>anyone confirm this is the really the case ... my kids burnt out a
>>printhead on a previous printer by not replacing the ink soon enough
>>... will the IP4000 out of ink warning appear with a compatible
>>cartridge... or will I not know until it stops printing on the page?
>>
>>Does anyone know of a compatible cartridge that works better with the
>>IP4000 ink management system... or do they all require this ongoing
>>visual inspection with the canon?
>>
>>thanks
>>AJ
>>

>I bought some empty cartridges from inkjetsaver.com, and they do have
>the prisms in the bottom. Haven't had to use any yet, as I am on my 4th
>or 5th refill each with the original Canon cartridges (Using ink from
>alotofthings.com) and they are still working great.

WHY WHY PECKERBLOOMER IS A BRIT LIVING IN DA USA
0
measekite
9/20/2005 5:45:52 PM

Matt Zukowski wrote:

> nospammer999@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hi ...
>> just replace an original cartidge with a jettec ("c22c 30% extra life")
>> ... in my ip4000...
>> but canon monitor now shows it as still low on ink (even after turning
>> printer on/off and rebooting pc)...
>>
>> Jettec say this is because their cartridges don't include a prism
>> because of canon patent?  They say I have to keep taking cartidges out
>> and visually inspecting level via transparant side to cartridge...
>

> How odd...  my experence with aftermarket tanks is limited to
> www.inksupply.com simply because buy refillables that don't need to be
> replaced.  But those refillables have prisms in them.  I was not aware
> that canon had a patent on this.
>
> I was unaware jettec had no prisms.  This is some bad mojo.  While the
> prism system isn't perfect, it's better than nothing.  You might enjoy
> better luck getting refillables.  I'm afraid I don't know the UK
> market very well but there is some guy who speaks about
> cartridgeworld.com, a uk based company.
>
> http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/index.php

DA FOTOFREEK CHURCH
0
measekite
9/20/2005 6:16:50 PM
www.cartridgeworld.org worth trying!

I spoke with Penny Madison at Jet Tec yesterday concerning the lack of
prisms in their compatible cartridges and the upshot is that 'The prism in
the canon cartridges is patented' which is why theirs does not have one. Due
to the design of their compatible cartridges 'solid on all sides except
one', the ink level will either show always full or empty. The only way to
see when the ink is running out is to manually check the cartridge yourself.
This also applies to many other compatible cartridge suppliers such as
Cartridge world and Ronells in the UK. These compatible cartridges are
designed this way so as not to infringe on Canons patented designs, due, in
part, to the actions Epson has and is taking against other compatible
cartridge suppliers i.e 'Print-Rite'. The best option would be to source a
supplier of empty canon cartridges and refill them yourself. This would be a
cheaper option and. providing you choose a supplier of inks such as
Sensient(Formulabs), you should have little problem with them nor should you
find any difference with the finished output. No doubt 'measekite' with
respond to this as usual. I am beginning to believe that he/she does not
have any printers at all!

--
Regards
Stick, Oxford, UK
"Matt Zukowski" <zakezuke_us@moc.oohay.invalid> wrote in message
> nospammer999@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Hi ...
>> just replace an original cartidge with a jettec ("c22c 30% extra life")
>> ... in my ip4000...
>> but canon monitor now shows it as still low on ink (even after turning
>> printer on/off and rebooting pc)...
>>
>> Jettec say this is because their cartridges don't include a prism
>> because of canon patent?  They say I have to keep taking cartidges out
>> and visually inspecting level via transparant side to cartridge...
>
> How odd...  my experence with aftermarket tanks is limited to
> www.inksupply.com simply because buy refillables that don't need to be
> replaced.  But those refillables have prisms in them.  I was not aware
> that canon had a patent on this.
>
> I was unaware jettec had no prisms.  This is some bad mojo.  While the
> prism system isn't perfect, it's better than nothing.  You might enjoy
> better luck getting refillables.  I'm afraid I don't know the UK market
> very well but there is some guy who speaks about cartridgeworld.com, a uk
> based company.
>
> http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/index.php

0
Stick
9/22/2005 6:30:40 AM

Stick Stickus wrote:

>www.cartridgeworld.org worth trying!
>
>I spoke with Penny Madison at Jet Tec yesterday concerning the lack of
>prisms in their compatible cartridges and the upshot is that 'The prism in
>the canon cartridges is patented' which is why theirs does not have one.

LYING WHORE

>Due
>to the design of their compatible cartridges 'solid on all sides except
>one', the ink level will either show always full or empty. The only way to
>see when the ink is running out is to manually check the cartridge yourself.
>This also applies to many other compatible cartridge suppliers such as
>Cartridge world and Ronells in the UKELLE. These compatible cartridges are
>designed this way so as not to infringe on Canons patented designs, due, in
>part, to the actions Epson has and is taking against other compatible
>cartridge suppliers i.e 'Print-Rite'.

HOOORAE

>The best option would be to source a
>supplier of empty canon cartridges and refill them yourself.

THE BEST OPTION WOULD BE TO BUY CANON OEM INK IN CANON OEM CARTS

> This would be a
>cheaper option and. providing you choose a supplier of inks such as
>Sensient(Formulabs), you should have little problem with them nor should you
>find any difference with the finished output. No doubt 'measekite' with
>respond to this as usual. I am beginning to believe that he/she does not
>have any printers at all!

I TICKLE MY BALLS WITH A FEATURE AND PRINT WITH MY DICK

OH OH STIKUM UP YOU INKYSTINKYSTIKUM
0
measekite
9/22/2005 7:12:12 AM
> I spoke with Penny Madison at Jet Tec yesterday concerning the lack of
> prisms in their compatible cartridges and the upshot is that 'The prism in
> the canon cartridges is patented' which is why theirs does not have one.
> Due to the design of their compatible cartridges 'solid on all sides except
> one', the ink level will either show always full or empty. The only way to
> see when the ink is running out is to manually check the cartridge
> yourself.
> This also applies to many other compatible cartridge suppliers such as
> Cartridge world and Ronells in the UK.

Amazing.  Every compatabile cartridge i've seen employs the use of a
prism.  I was not aware it was patented technology.  Sounds like UK
users and venders need to order refillables from either China or
America, places that have no issues selling this technology.

I imagine that this could be resolved via a simple float mirror or ball
in a tube.  Assuming what I read on the prism is correct, the liquid in
the tank refracts the light, where when empty the prism reflects the
light back upon it self.  Either that or it might be more simple, might
need nothing more that a reflective top so when the ink level is low
light shines up and reflects down.

0
zakezuke
9/22/2005 7:20:31 AM

zakezuke wrote:

>>I spoke with Penny Madison at Jet Tec yesterday concerning the lack of
>>prisms in their compatible cartridges and the upshot is that 'The prism in
>>the canon cartridges is patented' which is why theirs does not have one.
>>Due to the design of their compatible cartridges 'solid on all sides except
>>one', the ink level will either show always full or empty. The only way to
>>see when the ink is running out is to manually check the cartridge
>>yourself.
>>This also applies to many other compatible cartridge suppliers such as
>>Cartridge world and Ronells in the UK.
>>

>Amazing.  Every compatabile cartridge i've seen employs the use of a
>prism.  I was not aware it was patented technology.  Sounds like UK
>users and venders need to order refillables from either China or
>America, places that have no issues selling this technology.

IF YOU ORDERED FROM CANON YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO WRITE ABOUT THIS BULLSHIT.

>I imagine that this could be resolved via a simple float mirror or ball
>in a tube.  Assuming what I read on the prism is correct, the liquid in
>the tank refracts the light, where when empty the prism reflects the
>light back upon it self.  Either that or it might be more simple, might
>need nothing more that a reflective top so when the ink level is low
>light shines up and reflects down.

0
measekite

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Canon ip4000 compatible ink cartridges
Any recommendations of brands (inkrite, jettec ?) or places to buy TIA COSTCO - OFFICE DEPOT - STAPLES ALL SELL CANON OEM INK. YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH WHORES., Andy wrote: >Any recommendations of brands (inkrite, jettec ?) or places to buy >TIA > > > > > Andy wrote: > Any recommendations of brands (inkrite, jettec ?) or places to buy > TIA > > > I personally use MIS canon compatible inks in my i9900. Get them from www.inksupply.com. Perfect colors and never a clog. Frank Andy wrote: > Any recommendations of brands (inkrite, jettec ?) or places to buy > TIA Three useful links http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1003&message=10377832 http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1003&message=12198835 Stratitec InkTec OCP Formulabs/Sensient Canon OEM --- MIS (inksupply.com) Media Street Image Specalists --- These three look identical http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inktest.html I've used MIS which is believed to be Image Specalists. I'm very pleased. Been using their product since Julyish. From my understanding "Image Specalists" will only ship overseas in either a 20 foot container or a 40foot one, not useful unless you have an application for 12 to 19 megagrams of ink, but there is at least a chance in hell this stuff is out there somewhere. Frank wrote: > Andy wrote: > >> A...

Using both parallel & USB on same printer (Canon ip4000)
I have my Canon ip4000 on my home network with a parallel port print server appliance. It works great except that I cannot use the ink monitor software. Is there a configuration that would allow me to monitor the ink via the USB port, but print through the network, without encountering conflicts or print errors? How does the printer manage requests coming in on both ports? The port that I currently have defined in my driver settings is an "LPR" port. - David On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:04:14 -0400, "David D." <daviddiamond.remove-if-not-spam@comca...

Re: Using both parallel & USB on same printer (Canon ip4000) Success!
Success! I defined my Canon ip4000 twice -- once as a USB printer; and once as an LPR printer that uses ethernet to a print server appliance to the printer's parallel port. It appears to work fine, with no conflicts. The USB interface is considerably faster, AND it enables me to use the Canon printer monitor software to monitor the ink supply. The LPR interface enables me to use the printer from any computer in the house, albeit without the ink monitoring. For the USB, I am using a 16-foot Belkin USB2 cable (gold contacts; 20-gauge conductors) that I got from amazon.com ...

Canon i550 Canon i560 Cartridges Compatible?
I have both printers and the cartridge model numbers differ (BCI-3eY, for example, for the i550 and BCI-6Y for the i560. They both use the same black ink cartridge (BCI-3eBK). Can I use the color cartridges interchangeably, or must I order separate model cartridges for the two printers? The cartridges appear to be the same physically. TIA for any insight! Peter van der Goes wrote: > I have both printers and the cartridge model numbers differ (BCI-3eY, > for example, for the i550 and BCI-6Y for the i560. They both use the > same black ink cartridge (BCI-3eBK). Can ...

Compatible ink cartridges for Canon PGI-5BK, CLI-8BK, CLI-8C, CLI-8M & CLI-8Y
Hi, I have seen that there are now compatible ink cartridges available for Canons latest range of printers, but without the chips. Canon's Cartridge part numbers are: PGI-5BK, CLI-8BK, CLI-8C, CLI-8M & CLI-8Y. Apparently the original Canon cartridge chips can be reused in the compatible cartridges. Has anyone any news on when compatible cartridges will be available with the chips ? Any news updates will be much appreciated. AH aaron@anycake.com wrote: >Hi, > >I have seen that there are now compatible ink cartridges available for >Canons latest ra...

Inkjet printers meeting the following requirements? Durable, Linux-compatible (or Postscript or PCL in FIRMWARE (built-in interpreter)), quality text & graphics, low ink refill or cartridge cost
Subject: Inkjet printers meeting the following requirements? Durable, Linux-compatible (or Postscript or PCL in FIRMWARE (built-in interpreter)), quality text & graphics, low ink refill or cartridge costs Note that while I may want to print out web pages with illustrations and other images, photo quality is not important as the other requirements (have two Epsons already) as long as the images are readable. How well it prints on quality paper such as paper suitable for resumes is also important. I imagine that a 300 by 300 dpi printer (if available) would be a decent choice. The ink ou...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

Where to Buy Ink Jet Cartridges for Canon MP980 & Canon MP610?
Hi, today I tried to buy individual gray inkjet cartridge fore MH980 & small black ink Jet cartridge for the MP980 & MP610. Where is the least expensive vendor to buy these cartridges? Is it possible to just buy individual cartridges for these printers? Thanks, Sam, On Dec 19, 12:04=A0pm, "Sam" <sasdfa...@lkuy.com> wrote: > Hi, today I tried to buy individual gray inkjet cartridge fore MH980 & sm= all > black ink Jet cartridge for the MP980 & MP610. > Where is the least expensive vendor to buy these cartridges? =A0Is it > possibl...

Ubuntu && Gutenprint && Canon-S300
Hallo, habe mal die Ubuntu-Linux-Distri ausprobiert (beieingefleischten Win-DAUs;-)). Ausgerechnet der Drucker von Canon (S-300), der dort vorOrt war,wird nicht unterst�tzt. Laut Doku vom July 2006 ist dort in dem Projekt ein solcher Treiber aufgef�hrt, namens bjc-s300. Auf der Ubuntu-Installation ist der allerdings nicht installiert. AufOS-X wollte ich mal via Installation des gutenprint das ganze Geraffel mir genauer anschauen, aber die Installation brach beim Kompilieren ab. :( (Waruml�sst configure das Kompilieren dann ohne Murren zu?!) Wo bekomme ich denn nun diese Treiber f�r den...

Ubuntu && gutenprint && Canon S300
Hello, I have installed a Ubuntu-Linux and have to use the Canon S-300 printer. On the Ubuntu there is no driver for the S300. gutenprint is installed in version 5.0, but the drivers that are mentioned in the documentation (bjc-s300) is not contained in the distrubution! Where to get the driver from? TIA, Oliver Oliver Bandel wrote: > Hello, > > I have installed a Ubuntu-Linux and have to use the Canon S-300 printer. > > On the Ubuntu there is no driver for the S300. > > gutenprint is installed in version 5.0, but the drivers > that are mentioned in the d...

Canon Cli compatable cartridges
See that these now come with chips fitted, saving all that fidling, swopping chip over. Price is quite a lot more than existing; anyone used one yet? Curios as to whether ink counter works (Canon MP830 user) "Gel" <barclayhomes@ukgateway.net> wrote in message news:8c60f24e-140b-49c0-a140-c28dbe65aa6b@a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > See that these now come with chips fitted, saving all that fidling, > swopping chip over. > Price is quite a lot more than existing; anyone used one yet? > > Curios as to whether ink counter works > (Canon MP830 u...

New Printer/Canon iP4000
Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the docking station. Then another said their Canon turned off automaticall...

Printer Server for Canon ip4000
Hi, I have tried connecting a Canon ip4000 (not R version) to a Hawking HPS1U printer server. It does not work, and Canon refuse to recommend a printer server. Does anybody know a printer server that does work with the ip4000? thanks, ...

Canon IP4000 cartridge query
I have a new Canon printer as mentioned above and we like the prints. Two questions: 1) About how many 4X6 photos can one get before needing a new cartridge(s)? So far, I have printed about 90 such pictures and from what I can tell, the cartridges APPEAR to be about 60% full. Is that about right? This leads to my second question: 2) I checked the cartridges by taking them out and kind of trying to eyeball them. It is still hard to tell how much ink is left. But, am I messinf up any sensors by checking the cartridges that way?? I assume from what I've read that when the...

Lion & Canon Printer
I have a Canon 1p2600 printer which works with Lion fine. But a piece of Canon software that I use with this printer called Easy Photoprint no longer works. When started I get an error message " An internal error has occurred". There is no update for this software from Canon. On examining Console I have the following log entry:- 22/07/2011 17:44:00.031 Easy-PhotoPrint EX: CoreText: Invalid 'kern' Table In CTFont <name: Bauhaus93, size: 24.000000, matrix: 0x0> CTFontDescriptor <attributes: <CFBasicHash 0x1204230 [0xacc5b120]>{type = mutable dict, count = 1, ent...

Re: &&&&&&
Talbot, Its basic macro aper math. With each pass of the macro processor it reduces && to &. in yoru case: %put &&mlv&mlin. = &&&&&&mlv&mlin. ; 1st pass: &mlv5 = &&&mlv5 2nd Pass: Daisy = &Daisy 3rd Pass : Daisy = Yellow Toby Dunn From: Talbot Michael Katz <topkatz@MSN.COM> Reply-To: Talbot Michael Katz <topkatz@MSN.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: &&&&&& Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:38:44 -0400 Received: from malibu.cc.uga.edu ([128.192.1.103]) by MC8-F21.hotmail...

Printer Ink

Ink for refilling Canon printer cartridges
About 3-4 years ago I found out you can refill printer cartridges and found a Canadian company that sold refill kits & ink. I bought a pint bottle and am just now running out, but it's been so long I have lost their contact info. The labels and instruction sheets don't have their name or number. Since I've had such good luck with their ink, I'd like to buy from them again before trying out another company. Anybody recognize this company? I remain respectful and a little bit hongry, X Guv Bob http://www.geocities.com/guvbob2003 Represented in all slander...

HP 990 & Canon IP4000
I have both a Canon IP4000 and an HP990cse. I know that the Canon uses dye based inks for photo. I am not sure what the text black is dye or pigment. Anybody know. Also does anybody know if the HP990 uses pigment or dye based inks. Since the nozzle is built into the cartridge, they do not have to worry about clogging problems since the head should outlast the ink supply. In article measekite says... > I have both a Canon IP4000 and an HP990cse. I know that the Canon uses > dye based inks for photo. I am not sure what the text black is dye or > pigment. > ...

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

Is HP ink compatible with Canon Printers?
I have some left over bulk ink from a HP ink jet printer (DeskJet 820Cxi). Can I use this in a Canon i560? "JuanKnighter" <juanknighter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<10ntap423emd3e3@corp.supernews.com>... > I have some left over bulk ink from a HP ink jet printer (DeskJet 820Cxi). > Can I use this in a Canon i560? You could end up paying a lot more for ink in the long run by trying that. Aside from the thermal qualities, the shade of ink will probably not be exactly the same. A different shade of ink will contaminate the felt pad (whatever ...

Web resources about - canon prism(?) on ip4000 & compatible cartridge - comp.periphs.printers

List of Netflix compatible devices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevices , Stream Movies & TV Online, Watch Online Movies, Netflix Ready Device ^ Heater, Brian (July 14, ...

Are your names compatible?: love affinity calculator on the App Store on iTunes
Get Are your names compatible?: love affinity calculator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Philips docks compatible with Apple's Lightning connector
Sets let you organize your photos on Flickr. Explore the 9 photos in this set.

Sony Xperia Z3+: Manual camera compatible! - YouTube
... hour with the Sony Xperia Z3+, we wanted to see if the new Sony flagship is capable of taking advantage of the manual camera APIs Google compatible ...

Budget surplus compatible with NDIS-Oppn

Good Game Stories - Backwards Compatible - The Power Glove
In the history of hair-brained game peripheral ideas there’s one that’s so bad it’s almost good - It’s the Nintendo Power Glove!

Sony's 4K movie streaming service compatible with PlayStation 4
Sony tries to destroy bandwidth caps everywhere with 100 GB downloads

Liberals Attack Kenney For Calling Irish Immigrants 'Culturally Compatible' In 2012 (VIDEO)
What did Employment Minister Jason Kenney mean when he said the Irish were culturally compatible with Canada? While in Dublin two years ago Kenney, ...

Asia-Pacific FTA compatible with multilateral trade systems: WTO
Asia-Pacific FTA compatible with multilateral trade systems: WTO People's Daily Online The director-general of the World Trade Organization ...

Swatch planning to introduce Android-compatible smartwatch and mobile payment service, CEO says
While Swatch certainly won't be partnering with Apple on the iPhone maker's upcoming Watch despite an ill-fated rumor that surfaced last year, ...