Canon S300 with Canon Pro Photo Paper

I have been using my new Epson 825 printer (a 6-color type) for photos. Got
the thing on Dec 26 and the photos look great. Too soon to say how long the
ink etc will last.

Anyhow, for the past year I've also had a Canon S300 (a regular 4-color
type) printer. I never used it to print photos, but with my wife kind of
using the Epson an awful lot lately I've considered wrigging it up to handle
photos.

I never bothered before due to the fear of fading, but I read that Wilheim
rated Canon's Pro Photo paper as lasting 37-odd years. So I considered maybe
using that paper with the S300 for my wife's usage.

Any tips on my doing that? Is perhaps the Pro Photo Paper only meant for
high-end printers like the i9100, or would the S300 possibly match up well
with it?

LRH

0
Larry

> Anyhow, for the past year I've also had a Canon S300 (a regular 4-color
> type) printer. I never used it to print photos

You haven't missed anything.  The S300 produces terrible color prints --
bleached out and splotchy.  Perhaps with limitless time and experimentation one
could get tolerable results.
--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

0
Curtis

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

Canon S300 printer and GPL driver from canon.jp
hi everyone Like many other users, I'm experiencing problems with my Canon S300 printer. Today I've found a page at linuxprinting.org that state that Canon has released GPLed drivers for S300 in Japan ( http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-S300 ). It's actually true: http://cweb.canon.jp/drv-upd/bj/bjlinux210.html Since I cannot understand japanese and babelfish isn't helping so much I tried to install them without much luck. I downloaded and installed (I'm running Mandrake 10 rc1) bjfilterbjs300-2.1-0.i386.rpm, bjfiltercups-2.2-0.i386.rpm, bjfilte...

Canon Printer with Epson Photo Paper?
Just gotten myself a canon i450. Anyone tried epson or hp photopaper with it? or should i just stick to canon paper. not too sure about the price difference though. thanx! john wrote: >Just gotten myself a canon i450. Anyone tried epson or hp photopaper with >it? or should i just stick to canon paper. not too sure about the price >difference though. I see you're in Singapore, so I doubt you will find an Office Depot nearby. :) But you might be able to order from RedRiver which apparently is very good stuff: http://www.redriverpaper.com/ I have a Ca...

HP everyday photo paper with canon printers
Are the HP glossy papers compatible with canon printers? I bought 15 sheets of glossy premium and 100 sheets of everyday photo paper but with epson printers are a disaster.The ink doesn't dry on the paper properly. I have an old epson 750 and want to change it with a canon 560 or 865.These printers can print on HP paper? Has anybody tried it? Any feedback is welcome !!! Thanks a lot Thank you very much for the reply. Did you ever tried this particular paper(everyday)? My only worry about the new canon printers(860 960 etc) is the printhead.Is it true that they last like epson? Thank's again "gigi" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote in message news:xXxmc.210648$rM4.8874559@news4.tin.it... > Are the HP glossy papers compatible with canon printers? > I bought 15 sheets of glossy premium and 100 sheets of everyday photo paper > but with epson printers are a disaster.The ink doesn't dry on the paper > properly. > I have an old epson 750 and want to change it with a canon 560 or 865.These > printers can print on HP paper? > Has anybody tried it? > > Any feedback is welcome !!! > > Thanks a lot > > ...

Epson ColorLife paper in a Canon photo printer ?
Howdy Is anyone using Epson ColorLife paper in one of the latest Canon 6-color photo printers ? If so: care to report on settings andor results ? Thanks .... Stan I find this a difficult paper to use in Epson scanners that have a profile for it. ...

Blue colors printing up as purplish on Canon S600 with Canon photo matte paper, and causing other colors to be inaccurate.
I downloaded a jpeg of color test patterns for my monitor. It had circles of red, green and blue, and where the colors overlapped there are the colors cyan, magenta, yellow, and white. I was taking nite photos on my dcam and the streetlights were making white things yellow (so I needed less green from my videocard to make them white again), and the brightness became extremely critical on my monitor or else parts of buildings would disappear (too dark) or blue noise would appear (too light). I did a print of a fractal awhile back and it came out purple in spots where it should have come out bright blue. I'd have to turn the monitors' Blue down (from 48% down to 28%) to get the same effect and to get the other colors on the monitor to match up with the print. I couldn't believe that my monitor would require so little blue. So I did a printout of the above-mentioned "overlapping color circles" and the blue came out purple and causing the other overlapping colors to be inaccurate to some degree. How do I get blue to show up where purple shows up now on my prints? On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 03:56:44 GMT, "Cymbal Man Freq." <Don't Bother@ForgedPostsAnonymous.unorg> wrote: >I downloaded a jpeg of color test patterns for my monitor. It had circles of >red, green and blue, and where the colors overlapped there are the colors cyan, >magenta, yellow, and white. I was taking nite photos on my dcam and the >street...

My Canon Pixma IP3000 printer will no longer feed glossy photo paper.
Hello all. As per subject line. It happened previously a short time ago, and I did what is recommended in the IP4000 manual (pdf., downloaded.): Press "Resume button", allow LED light to flash 3 times, release button, It worked then. When I tried the printer again, after a few weeks, the photo paper would not feed. I re-tried cleaning the paper feed rollers, as above, but that didn't work this time. I've had this printer just before it stopped becoming available in the UK, but I haven't used it very much. Will it help to grease or oil some mechanical parts...

Canon Ink Durability on Non-Canon papers.
I've read virtually every article on Wilhelm and other sites talking about durability of Inkjet inks and papers but seem to only find results with Canon ink on Canon paper, Epson Ink on Epson Paper, etc. Never intermixing. I've personally been using Epson papers in my Canon i960 (they were buy one/get one free) and the quality is supurb. But is there any data on print longevity with such combinations? What about Kodak papers that claim 100 years. Realistically, what I'm simply looking for is my best option for prints that I give to friends and family. For my own personal uses, I could care less if they fade in 5 years or 100 years, I'll be re-printing them soon enough anyway. Anyone know of actual tests with Canon (BCI-6 inks in particular) with other brands of paper? Thanks Jason Hillary wrote: > I've read virtually every article on Wilhelm and other sites talking about > durability of Inkjet inks and papers but seem to only find results with > Canon ink on Canon paper, Epson Ink on Epson Paper, etc. Never intermixing. > > I've personally been using Epson papers in my Canon i960 (they were buy > one/get one free) and the quality is supurb. But is there any data on print > longevity with such combinations? What about Kodak papers that claim 100 > years. > > Realistically, what I'm simply looking for is my best option for prints that > I give to frien...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Photo-quality Canon printer
Hi I am considering to purchase a Canon printer. Does anyone has experience on the photo-qualtiy printing form a Canon i860? Or suggest a better alternatvie but in the same price range? Thanks. I have the Canon i865 which is the same, and it is as good as if not better than the local Photo labs, and very fast just 30sec's for a picture..with the ink's that last for ages never have had a printer of this quility for this sort of price! just buy it you will be glad you did... "tc" <tc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:WEFxb.49$JZ6.9@newsfep1-gui.server.ntli.net... > Hi > > I am considering to purchase a Canon printer. > Does anyone has experience on the photo-qualtiy printing form a Canon i860? > Or suggest a better alternatvie but in the same price range? > Thanks. > > > Can the inkjet cartridges on the Canon i860 be refilled easily and reliably? By reliably I mean are the cartridges or the printer subject to being damaged by inadvertant over-filling or letting the ink run dry before refilling? I've been watching the reviews of the Canon here and it sounds like the printer I want/need. Thanks. 0ld Martian can you damage the On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:41:11 -0000, "GeoSd" <dontcallme@.com> wrote: >I have the Canon i865 which is the same, and it is as good as if not better >than the local Photo labs, and very fast just 30sec's for a picture..wit...

Photo papers for Canon ip4200
I'm wondering what experiences people have using various photo papers in the ip4200. Fuji Photo Plus is availeable locally to me quite a bit cheaper than Canon's paper. Anyone's experience is welcome, please do tell! I also would like to know if there are any archival inks availeable for this printer to rival Canon's own. It's looking to me like Epson really has the best refill inks availeable for it but sadly I bought before I read. Also, I'm interested in Canadian ink suppliers if anyone knows of any good ones. Thanks everyone. > I'm wond...

Canon: Easy Photo Printer
when I open the pgm, get a message that says no supported printer connected. & the pgm automatically closes. But there IS a Canon printer connected. In fact I got the s/w pgm when i bought the printer. Help? ((.)) ')) (((((((( ))(/)(( Judy Cosler wrote: >when I open the pgm, get a message that says no supported printer >connected. & the pgm automatically closes. But there IS a Canon >printer connected. In fact I got the s/w pgm when i bought the >printer. Help? > >((.)) ')) > (((((((( > ))(/)(( > > And I thought you knew it all. Judy Cosler wrote: >when I open the pgm, get a message that says no supported printer >connected. & the pgm automatically closes. But there IS a Canon >printer connected. In fact I got the s/w pgm when i bought the >printer. Help? Sounds like the printer drivers are not properly installed. I don't know how Easy Photo Print detects the printer, but uninstalling and re-installing the drivers may do the trick. measekite wrote: > > > Judy Cosler wrote: > >> when I open the pgm, get a message that says no supported printer >> connected. & the pgm automatically closes. But there IS a Canon >> printer connected. In fact I got the s/w pgm when i bought the >> printer. Help? >> >> ((.)) ')) >> (((((((( ))(/)(...

i560s Canon Photo Printer
This is great photo printer. What I'm trying to figure out is how to load 4 x 6 glossy paper. The tray guides don't have a specific setting or guide and I sure don't want to waste the paper and the ink. Anybody know how to do this, might be the same for other Canon photo printers, I'm not sure and would appreciate any feedback or ideas. Thanks in advance. Martin JTex wrote: > This is great photo printer. What I'm trying to figure out is how to > load 4 x 6 glossy paper. The tray guides don't have a specific setting > or guide and I sure don't w...

Canon i860: Photo Paper
I have read the following article: http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/20031124/printer_heavyweights-12.html but did not see references to all the paper brands that we find here in the Ottawa, Canada area. Would someone have good (or bad) experience with Kodak photo paper that can be found at Costco these days? How about the OfficeDepot photo paper? Thanks. S. Sylvain wrote: > > I have read the following article: > > http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/20031124/printer_heavyweights-12.html > > but did not see references to all the paper brands that we find here in the > Ottawa, Canada area. > > Would someone have good (or bad) experience with Kodak photo paper that can > be found at Costco these days? How about the > OfficeDepot photo paper? > > Thanks. > > S. I don't know about the Kodak paper but I've had excellent results with Office Depot photo paper in the i860. "Sylvain" <s.carrier@nospam.engineer.com> wrote in news:lrd%b.145641$FO1.2848566@weber.videotron.net: > Would someone have good (or bad) experience with Kodak photo paper > that can be found at Costco these days? How about the > OfficeDepot photo paper? I just bought 5 packs of Staples.ca (Business Depot) Premium Photo Paper (4x6, 100 sheets) for 10.95 a package after a 50.00 coupon. Regular price is 29.95. You may want to check redflagdeals.com to see if the...

Epson paper in Canon printer
Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper 255gsm. I'd be interested in knowing the results. Thanks Rescho ....or any Canon printer that uses BCI-6X series cartridges. Rescho "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? > Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper 255gsm. > I'd be interested in knowing the results. > Thanks > Rescho > > Rescho wrote: > ...or any Canon printer that uses BCI-6X series cartridges. > Rescho > "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message > news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... >> Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? >> Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper >> 255gsm. I'd be interested in knowing the results. >> Thanks >> Rescho Not me yet, but i did hear that Epson papers do quite nicely on Canon printers...i must try one day. But i did try HP everyday semigloss photo paper on my ip4000 and ....disaster! Ink doesn't dry at all on that one... "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au....

Canon Pixma Photo Printer
Canon PIXMA MX860 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer Price:$199.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001R4C5BK Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001R4C5BK Canon MP480 All-in-One Photo Printer Price:$99.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6BW8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6BW8 Canon iP4600 Inkjet Photo Printer (2909B002) Price:$99.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6DH6 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6DH6 Canon MP980 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer Price:$349.00 Image: ht...

Canon S300 printer not working.
I convinced my boss to go linux at work telling him that I had no problems with Fedora 3 at home. Unfortunately I look like a dick now. At work there is a Canon s300 printer. When I booted after installing Kudzu came up and asked me if I wanted it to configure the printer. I said yes. Upon trying to print nothing happened. No pages, No error message. I looked in the queue icon on the panel and it said that it was printing (a lie) I opened "Printing" under "System Settings" to examine it. Everything looked fine except for the queue type page. It had it going to /de...

canvas paper and canon printer
I have been given a couple of sheets of canvas paper and I would like to know the paper setting I should use on my Canon IP4200 printer. There is no dedicated canvas setting. "Martin Waddell" <lobster@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:fkWjm.236933$l73.206695@newsfe11.ams2... > I have been given a couple of sheets of canvas paper and I would like to > know the paper setting I should use on my Canon IP4200 printer. There is no > dedicated canvas setting. Won't Canon tell you via email? It'd seem in their interest to do so, and to warn you...

Canon i9900 photo printer
I was all set to buy the Canon i9900 photo printer until I saw the review in PC World magazine. It gave the printer a rating of FAIR (68). However, it did say that it was a very good photo printer. This was a little confusing. How can it be two things. Any comments would be appreciated. The review is on the web site listed below. Ben http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/sfchart.asp?sort_dir=desc&typid=12&pg=4&sort= rating_date&vendor=0&subtype=0&att_filter1206=0&att_filter1207=0&hi_p=0 Ben wrote: > I was all set to buy the Canon i9900 photo printe...

Canon S300 printer
I convinced my boss to go linux at work telling him that I had no problems at home. Unfortunately I look like a dick now. At work there is a Canon s300 printer. When I booted after installing Kudzu came up and asked me if I wanted it to configure the printer. I said yes. Upon trying to print nothing happened. No pages, No error message. I looked in the queue icon on the panel and it said that it was printing (a lie) I opened "Printing" under "System Settings" to examine it. Everything looked fine except for the queue type page. It had it going to /dev/u...

Photo paper for Canon i9900
I've seen a lot of info on inks in this newsgroup, but not very much on photo paper for the i9900. Right now I am using the remainder of some cheap Staples paper. When I am ready to buy I would hate to have to try every type to see which gets the best results. I'm hoping someone has gone through this and might share his knowledge. I'm only interested in paper for photographs. Thank you very much. Ji ji wrote: >I've seen a lot of info on inks in this newsgroup, but not very much on >photo paper for the i9900. Right now I am using the remainder of some...

HP Paper with Canon Printer?
Hello, I was told that HP inkjet paper should not be used with Canon inkjet printers. Do you know if this true? My printer is a Canon, and I want to use HP double-sided paper for quality brochures. Thanks. Talal Itani "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message news:mZqSh.669$ok6.630@trnddc07... > Hello, > > I was told that HP inkjet paper should not be used with Canon inkjet > printers. Do you know if this true? My printer is a Canon, and I want to > use HP double-sided paper for quality brochures. Thanks. > > Ta...

Which Canon photo printer would you buy?
I'm researching and focusing on: 1. Canon i960 sells for $199.99 2. Canon i900D - $249.99 3. Canon S900 - $309.94, a refurbished one for about $80-$110 Are the last 2 better in any way than #1? Should I get involved with the refurbished one? Thanks for any input. "Valentin" <labandera63@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:sw7Hb.5988$Vv2.2858248@news1.news.adelphia.net... > I'm researching and focusing on: > > 1. Canon i960 sells for $199.99 > 2. Canon i900D - $249.99 > 3. Canon S900 - $309.94, a refurbished one for about $80-$110 > > Are the last 2 better in any way than #1? Should I get involved with the > refurbished one? > Thanks for any input. > I have read some very positive reviews about the i960 Regards, http://www4.tomshardware.com/consumer/20031208/printer_roundup-04.html Looks like the i960 is the way to go. Tod "Valentin" <labandera63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:sw7Hb.5988$Vv2.2858248@news1.news.adelphia.net... > I'm researching and focusing on: > > 1. Canon i960 sells for $199.99 > 2. Canon i900D - $249.99 > 3. Canon S900 - $309.94, a refurbished one for about $80-$110 > > Are the last 2 better in any way than #1? Should I get involved with the > refurbished one? > Thanks for any input. > "Tod DeBie" <tod_debie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JdvHb.31475$Vs3.27230...

Photo paper for Canon i860
Can anyone recommend the best paper to use for printing photos on my new Canon i860? I plan on using Canon ink but if anyone has any suggestions for different ink/paper combo's I'd like to hear them. TIA Gary Vocks Red River Paper http://www.redrivercatalog.com/ is by far one of the best. Other good ones are Office Depot Premium Glossy and Ilford Gallerie. Stay away from Kodak, Jet Print and Royal Brites. The first three are highly water resistant. The last three have absolutely no water resistance properties. The same goes for the printed image. Much, much better on t...

Web resources about - Canon S300 with Canon Pro Photo Paper - comp.periphs.printers

Canon EOS RT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Canon EOS RT is a 35mm single-lens reflex camera produced by Canon from 1989 to 1992. The camera is essentially an EOS 630 / EOS 600 with ...

Disney will not allow EA to break canon with Star Wars Battlefront
... adhering to, and I think this is part of our arrangement with Lucas and Disney, is you can't make a game in Star Wars that violates the canon ...

EOS-1D X Mark II: Canon's flagship DSLR goes 4K
There's no doubt Nikon stole CES 2016, thanks to the D5, D500 and KeyMission 360 announcements. But rival Canon seems to have saved its best ...

Canon 1D X Mark II: An Epic DSLR That Shoots 4K Video, For a Price
Hot on the heels of Nikon with its D5 , Canon has announced its new flagship DSLR. Say hello to the 1D X MarkII, whose overkill will surely be ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Won’t Become Part Of Battlefront For Canon Reasons
Because maintaining the Star Wars canon is important, the makers of Star Wars: Battlefront won’t be bringing the Star Wars: The Force Awakens ...

Destroying a Soda Can With a Ping-Pong Ball Using Science and a Vacuum Canon
... Simple Feats of Science! , Zeke Kossover from The Exploratorium destroyed a soda can using only a ping-pong ball, science, and a vacuum canon. ...

A demo of the 200x Zoom on the Canon SX50
I started watching this video and thought the picture quality was awful. And then I kept watching. Wow. That’s insane zoom.

Canon revamps its best point-and-shoot without hiking up its price
The PowerShot G7 X , Canon's best point-and-shoot camera, is now even better. The new G7 X Mark II is still a great camera for taking selfies ...

These Rare Wildlife Photos Were Captured with Five Canon DSLR Camera Traps
Wildlife photographer Will Burrard-Lucas was asked by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) last year to shoot high-quality photos of some of Africa's ...

The Future and the Past: How ‘Hail, Caesar!’ Fits in the Coen Canon
... brothers film on its opening weekend, right?), let’s take this opportunity to explore how this Hollywood farce fits into the larger Coen canon. ...