canon s400 printer not printing

I installed the driver/files from the Canon website, but the printer
refuses to print???
The printer worked on different pc, so it is functional.

0
J910

J910@webtv.net (Jeff) wrote:
>I installed the driver/files from the Canon website, but the printer
>refuses to print???
>The printer worked on different pc, so it is functional.

We need more information?
Which operating system, which driver did you download?
What cable type is connecting the printer to the PC?
And what exactly happens, does it move paper? Are there any error messages?
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Tony
4/7/2007 1:57:28 AM
Hi Tony,
I use W-ME. A standard parallel port cable connection. There was only
one driver for this printer on their site. The printer will not respond
at all. No error messages.

0
J910
4/7/2007 3:00:52 AM
J910@webtv.net (Jeff) wrote:
>Hi Tony,
>I use W-ME. A standard parallel port cable connection. There was only
>one driver for this printer on their site. The printer will not respond
>at all. No error messages.

>I installed the driver/files from the Canon website, but the printer
>refuses to print???
>The printer worked on different pc, so it is functional.

>Which operating system, which driver did you download?
>What cable type is connecting the printer to the PC?
>And what exactly happens, does it move paper? Are there any error messages?

Jeff
I have cross posted this to microsoft.public.windowsme.printing.
And added the previous posts for their attention.
Hopefully someone there will be able to help you more.
Good luck
Tony
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Tony
4/7/2007 3:33:20 AM
J910@webtv.net (Jeff) wrote:
>Hi Tony,
>I use W-ME. A standard parallel port cable connection. There was only
>one driver for this printer on their site. The printer will not respond
>at all. No error messages.

>I installed the driver/files from the Canon website, but the printer
>refuses to print???
>The printer worked on different pc, so it is functional.

>Which operating system, which driver did you download?
>What cable type is connecting the printer to the PC?
>And what exactly happens, does it move paper? Are there any error messages?

Jeff
I have cross posted this to microsoft.public.windowsme.printing.
And added the previous posts for their attention.
Hopefully someone there will be able to help you more.
Good luck
Oops, better this time hopefully.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Tony
4/7/2007 3:40:43 AM
Thanks Tony. Do you have a link to that group?

0
J910
4/7/2007 12:02:45 PM
J910@webtv.net (Jeff) wrote:
>Thanks Tony. Do you have a link to that group?

Jeff
Any replies from the folks there should show up in this newsgroup automatically
because it is cross posted.
If you wish you can subscribe to microsoft.public.windowsme.printing using the
same process that you access this group but it is not strictly necessary.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Tony
4/7/2007 8:15:28 PM
Is the parallel port enabled in the BIOS?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Tony" <tonythebengaltiger@gmail.com> wrote in message
> J910@webtv.net (Jeff) wrote:
>>Hi Tony,
>>I use W-ME. A standard parallel port cable connection. There was only
>>one driver for this printer on their site. The printer will not respond
>>at all. No error messages.
>
>>I installed the driver/files from the Canon website, but the printer
>>refuses to print???
>>The printer worked on different pc, so it is functional.
>
>>Which operating system, which driver did you download?
>>What cable type is connecting the printer to the PC?
>>And what exactly happens, does it move paper? Are there any error
>>messages?
>
> Jeff
> I have cross posted this to microsoft.public.windowsme.printing.
> And added the previous posts for their attention.
> Hopefully someone there will be able to help you more.
> Good luck
> Oops, better this time hopefully.
> Tony
> MS MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Cari
4/8/2007 4:55:29 PM
Not sure. How do I find out?

0
J910

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

S400 Canon printer wont print, waste tank full, how to reset EEPROM?
Hi all, They charge 15.00$ for the waste tank and 89.00$ to replace it... a new printer cost 149.00$, obviously the want me to trash it! but i'm willing to waste a bit of my time to save a bit of pollution... how can i reset the EEPROM or the MCU to original content? and how to empty that tank, any help is welcome. Please reply to the newsgroup because the email address doesnot exist! Jos Patate ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Queue of printer cycles, but printer does not print
Hi, we have two printers in our network, both connected to a different computer. When installed, they worked well, but now and then they refuse to print and they show a strange bahaviour. When looking in the Queue (Spooler), the print jobs are cycling. So, the first becomes the last while the second becomes the first, thirt becomes second, etc When we restart the computer, the printer starts printing, just befor shutdown. We Run XP-pro. Any ideas????? Thanks, Ben By the way, it is an old panasonic matrix printer (used for labels) and a HP officejet HP 1170c, bot...

What Canon Printer to Print A3 and Print to DVDS/CDS ???
And of course print great pitcures :) I don't want much, but getting all these three things seems to be hard. Atleast from Canon. Thanks for any help !!! ...

ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box.
Our application has used this PrintersClass module for some time without a problem but some new Toughbooks have caused problems. We use laser printers, usually the default choice, and some label printers. The label printers use the Seagull Scientific print drivers. The new notebooks will not print to the selected label printers even though the default printer for the report comes up in the dialog box as the selected printer. Even if you redundantly select this label printer again, before selecting print, you get the label printed to the user profile's default printer instead of the selecte...

I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true?
I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true? "Enda80" <fasb80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a1ec1b40-d0e7-4824-aa7d-c968a5a6a654@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put > it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt > the > printer. Is this true? I did it once and the printer was so hurt it bawled like a baby for 15 minutes! "Enda80&qu...

IE - Print to Default Printer
Hello, I have an .asp page that needs to print multiple, seperate text documents to 1 printer. That one printer could be any printer based on the user. I aldready have the hDC (Device Context) of their desired printer on a previous page. I simply want to do the Window.print or some other method to print these documents without having the Print Dialog box display forceing the user to select the same printer over and over again. This can be in either JavaScript or VBScript for all I care. Heck, even .Net if need-be. I just really need help. TIA, Kevin ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Printer Ink

Web resources about - canon s400 printer not printing - comp.periphs.printers

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

The hottest trend in 3D printing: shoes on demand
Customised shoe insoles and orthotics are among the newest products to be created using 3D printing machines, and companies such as Nike and ...

Napa Valley Register Bids Farewell to Massive Printing Press
There is a wonderful analogy articulated in Napa Valley Register city editor Kevin Courtney ’s account of the end of the in-house printing era ...

Firefox 44 adds H.264 video support on desktop, supports cloud printing on Android
... its heels. Like the previous release, the most visible changes are reserved for the mobile build. Android users gain support for cloud printing ...

This 3D printing pen is just what you need to bring your art to life
3D printing is all the rage these days because it's pretty awesome to make your concepts into a physical reality, and having a 3D printing pen ...

Stratasys Partners with Adobe to Broaden Adoption of 3D Printing with New Color Experience and Simplified ...
Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq:SSYS), the 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions company, today announced that it has taken color 3D printing ...

Worldwide spending on 3D printing forecast to grow at a CAGR of 27% to more than US$26 billion in 2019 ...
According to IDC, global spending on 3D printing will grow at a 27% CAGR from nearly US$11 billion in 2015 to US$26.7 billion in 2019.

ICYMI: Printing in 4D, solar panel breakthrough and more
Today on In Case You Missed It: Scientists at Harvard have figured out how to print incredibly small, shape-shifting creations out of hydrogel ...

8 Hot 3D Printing Trends to Watch in 2016
Even as the overhyped consumer 3D printing market continues to fall back down to earth, 2016 looks to be a breakout year for the industry assenior ...

Airbus Ventures dips into $150 million fund to back 3-D printing at Local Motors
Airbus Ventures, the European aerospace giant’s Silicon Valley spin-off, says the first investment from its $150 million venture fund is going ...