Canon S600 printer won't print in black

Hello everyone,

I've got a Canon S600 inkjet printer which was working perfectly fine
until a couple of days ago in which i was rearranging my computer
station to another room.  All that was done was that the printer was
disconnected and moved temporarily.  Upon re-connection,  I noticed
that anything I try to print in black (ie. Word document or web pages)
doesn't print.  Other colors including grey print fine. I've checked
that all the ink cartridges are full, tried reinstalling/updating the
drivers etc.  but nothing.
If anyone has any insight in what the problem might be, it would be
very much appreciated.
Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to hearing from
you soon.

-Connie

0
broadwaymiracle

broadwaymiracle@hotmail.com wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I've got a Canon S600 inkjet printer which was working perfectly fine
>until a couple of days ago in which i was rearranging my computer
>station to another room.  All that was done was that the printer was
>disconnected and moved temporarily.  Upon re-connection,  I noticed
>that anything I try to print in black (ie. Word document or web pages)
>doesn't print.  Other colors including grey print fine. I've checked
>that all the ink cartridges are full, tried reinstalling/updating the
>drivers etc.  but nothing.
>If anyone has any insight in what the problem might be, it would be
>very much appreciated.
>Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to hearing from
>you soon.
>
>-Connie

Connie
Have you run a nozzle check? (Press and hold the resume button until the green
indicator blinks twice).
Do you have a good output showing all colours correctly printed?
Tony
0
Tony

Canon i560 printer won't print black
I have an i560 printer. It has suddenly stopped printing black. I have the service manual, but it doesn't give any circuit diagrams. Can anyone help? I looked on the internet, and a number of people have had this problem, but most of the answers tell them to replace the ink cartridge - as if that was not the first thing anyone intelligent would do! I have played around with it, and I find that if I plug it into my laptop it prints a Word text document perfectly - so the black cartidge and printhead must be O.K. When I use my RISC PC it doesn't print, so it would appear that the prin...

Canon i560 printer won't print black #2
My Canon i560 has suddenly stopped printing black. I've looked on the internet, and quite a few people seem to have had this happen, and the only suggestion is "change the black ink cartridge" - which is what anyone with any intelligence would do anyway! It won't print black text from Impression on my RISC PC, but when I plug the printer into my laptop with the USB it prints out "Word" documents perfectly. I suspect this is because the RISC PC prints documents as graphics, and it has stopped printing graphics. Anyway, it proves that there is no fault with the blac...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

printer won't print black
I have an HP photosmart 7550 and I just changed the black ink cartridge and printed a calibration page and it looked fine. I went to print a Word document and the print head was moving like it is printing but the page came out blank. I changed cartridges and it happened again, so I don't think it's the cartridge (unless I happened to have 2 bad carts, but what is the chance of that?). The HP toolbox says the ink level is full. Any ideas? Thanks!! Eddie G "Eddie G" <mickeddie@(removeme)comcast.net> wrote: >I have an HP photosmart 7550 and...

Printer won't print black?
Hi, I have an Epson printer. When I changed out the black cartridge this time it wouldn't print. After many hours of frustration - trying a different new cartridge, printing in colors, cleaning printing heads repeatedly, uninstalling and reinstalling driver, and communicating with Epson - I have discovered this morning that it may not be the printer. I installed a different printer, hp officejet 6100 all-in-one, went through all the software installation procedures and finally attempted to print the document from yesterday. Did not print in black ink??? I printed the sa...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

HP Deskjet printer won't print black
I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. Thanks Carol wrote: > I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it > stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and > cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. > > I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. > > Thanks Stupid question time- did you pu...

3570 Canon Networked Printer won't print
I'm trying to setup a 3570 Canon Printer on my network. The printer and workstations are all in the same subnet. When trying to print a test page to the printer's ip address I can see that the job goes into the print queue (from a windows 2000 machine) for a second and has a job status of "printing". It then goes out of the queue as if the job completed and was sent to the printer. During this time the 3570 Canon Printer makes some noise as if the print job is going to print (for about 1 to 2 seconds) and then stops. Nothing comes out of the printer. I get no e...

my Canon printer won't let me select the black ink cartridge
I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with a problem I'm having with my Canon Pixma 250 printer. The colour cartridge has nearly run out, but the black and white cartridge still has plenty of ink in it. As I only want to print out some letters, I've tried selecting 'use black ink cartridge only' (or whatever the wording is). But then when I try to print, I get a message that looks something like this: "This document will print using the following cartridge: COLOR Your over-ride command has been disabled" This isn't the exact wor...

Epson printer won't print
A friend of mine with an Epson USB printer a couple years old running under Windows 98 is having a problem not being able to print. She says the printer indicates no paper is present when there is ample paper. When the printer is turned off and then back on it usually prints. Is there a fairly easy solution for this problem? ...

Printer won't print landscape
I have an HP 1300 laserjet printer. I just connected it to a Linksys PSUS4 print server. In order to get it to work, I had to change it from a CUPS printer to a networked Unix printer using printtool: Queue type: Networked UNIX (LPS) Server: 192.168.1.6 Queue: lp Now it does not print landscape fro OpenOffice, or anywhere for that matter. I've tried changing the driver, as well as other options using printtool under Fedora Core 4. I also tried using OO's spadmin but that had no affect either. Is it possible to get this configuration to support landscape printi...

Printer won't print any colors!
Canon i850, WinXP, USB. Don't know what's going on here. Printer worked normally a week or 2 ago when I last used it. But now it will only print black--no colors. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it. Updated driver to latest. Cleaned print head by removing it from printer and also from Maintenance tab. Any more ideas? First of all what happens when you do a nozzle test print from th printers maintenance Window....are there any colours showing on th test strip.. Dav "Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:%S83g.193466$iS4.193071...

Laser Printer Won't Print
I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I changed the cartridge was four years ago. Today I tried to print a document and keep getting the error message "This document failed to print". I've checked the parallel cable connections and power supply, tried printing from the command prompt without success. I've uninstalled the printer and reinstalled using the "Add Printer" again without success. I've taken the cartridge out of the printer and gently shaken it from side to side. I'm pretty sure that the cartridge is empty e...

printer won't print straight
At work, we have an HP clolor laserjet 4600. I had a document with a border. When I printed it, the document apparently was not straight, as the margin to the top of the border was slanted. Does it just about every time, although the slant differs from time to time. Is there some calibration I can do? Thanks, Peter This is a common problem with laser printers. As the paper feed rollers wear, paper can slip and slide as it is being pulled through the printer resulting in skewiff borders. You will need to replace the paper feed rollers. James Sodor www.whatcartridge.com ...

Web resources about - Canon S600 printer won't print in black - comp.periphs.printers