Canon s9000....i9000 and wide canons....

I was in CompUSA & saw "Photo Printasia" (Ilford) 13x19 Premium Photo Glossy
Paper. 20 sheets for $23.

BIG "Money back Guarantee" on the front....

Well the price was right.....so I tried it, not extensively, but at least 7
sheets.....and...

WOW.....very close to Canon Photo Paper Pro!!!!

I used the "High Gloss Photo Film", the instruction sheet recommends the
"Photo Paper Pro" setting......

All in All.....for about a $1.23 a sheet (After Tax).....It's a hell of a
deal......

They also recommend it for Epson, HP & Lexmark.......I have no clue on this,
but my Canon S9000 LOVES it!!!!

Joe

0
Joe

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

Canon S300 printer and GPL driver from canon.jp
hi everyone Like many other users, I'm experiencing problems with my Canon S300 printer. Today I've found a page at linuxprinting.org that state that Canon has released GPLed drivers for S300 in Japan ( http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-S300 ). It's actually true: http://cweb.canon.jp/drv-upd/bj/bjlinux210.html Since I cannot understand japanese and babelfish isn't helping so much I tried to install them without much luck. I downloaded and installed (I'm running Mandrake 10 rc1) bjfilterbjs300-2.1-0.i386.rpm, bjfiltercups-2.2-0.i386.rpm, bjfilte...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for Epson, I don't know about Canon. Pipermedic In article pipermedic says... > I believe that Canon has the > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for > Epson, I don't know about Canon. > > > Canon carts don't have chips. If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills. Definitely Epson R300. But you said: "2. Economy. Although I can get th...

Question about the waste ink tank in Canon IP5000 (and other Canon printers)
I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the printer, and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are replaced. So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridges with new ones before an error message appears saying the tank is full? Anyone taken a printer to Canon to have the tank emptied? How much did they charge? The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time intervals and when requested by the user. The deep cleaning routines use the most ink. There have been many discussions on this newsgroup and in other forums about the 'waste ink tank is full' messages and how to reset the printer. Taking the printer to a repair facility may end up costing nearly as much as a new printer. The tank isn't a bottle or container as the name implies. It is an absorbent pad. If you don't go overboard with deep cleaning cycles the chances are good that you'll not ever see this message for your printer. -- Ron "Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message news:42eb7fa8$0$78157$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the > printer, > and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are > replaced. > So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridg...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Most Popular Canon Toner, Canon Ink Cartridges, Canon Ribbons
The Buy Toner Online sells Canon Brands Toners, Ink cartridges and Ribbons. The Buy Toner Online is an ISO 9001&140001 certified online shopping site, which provides 100 percent unconditional guarantee to the products it sells. The Buy Online Toner displays top selling products separately to enable the customer to choose their product easily without confusion. Buy Toner online sales by major Canon products are below: BJ Printers Canon BJ 5 Canon BJ 10 Canon BJ 100 Canon BJ 20 Canon BJ 200 Canon BJ 230 BJC printers Canon BJC 1000 Canon BJC 1010 Canon BJ...

FYI
Yesterday I was in need of drivers for my Canon ImageCLASS D780 laser printer/scanner/copier/fax device. Logically I went to the Canon USA support web site. Illogically Canon reports "No drivers are available for this model." On a hunch I surfed on over to the Canon Canada support web site. Voila! There I found the drivers I needed. So if any of you find yourselves in the same boat and can't find the drivers you need, take a look here http://www.canon.ca/english/index-customersupport.asp Dejola <johnandjanet@gmail.com> observed >Yesterday I was in need of dr...

New Canon Wide Body Printers with Pigment inks
imagePROGRAF W8400 and W6400 Introducing A Breakthrough Solution In Large Format Printing W6400 Item Code: 0125B002 Canon, a world leader in office imaging systems, ink-jet technology, and digital photography presents a breakthrough in professional large format printing solutions. The imagePROGRAF W6400 24� printer is a large format printing solution for office, photo, and graphic art professionals. Utilizing a pigment based six plus one ink system (interchangeable black ink), a 4-picoliter ink droplet size, and 2400 x 1200 resolution, the imagePROGRAF W6400 produces exceptional quality output. The printer delivers output at extremely fast speeds including four sided borderless prints. MSRP: $3495.00 US (Other specs are the same as the W8400, below) W8400 Item Code: 0160B002 Canon, a world leader in office imaging systems, ink-jet technology, and digital photography presents a breakthrough in professional large format printing solutions. The imagePROGRAF W8400 (Art�s Note: Canon�s US website appears to have an error on it, in that it neglected to indicate the width of this printer, but I discovered it is 44" wide based upon other sources) printer is a large format printing solution for office, photo, and graphic art professionals. Utilizing a pigment based six plus one ink system (interchangeable matte black), a 4-picoliter ink droplet size, and 2400 x 1200 resolution, the imagePROGRAF W8400 produces ...

13x19 borderless on Canon s9000 and 13" high six-sheets long banners on Canon i9100?
Been testing some older wide-bed printers recently, mixing and matching drivers and capabilities. Plus, I have no desire to make the ink-mafia/cartel wealthier by buying newer printers that can't be refilled easily and paying more than the price of platinum for a few drops of their precious inks. I don't support scam-artists nor pay any attention to their brain-dead and easily conned minions. Aside that, back to the issue at hand. I found out that the Canon s9000 printer can use the driver from Canon's i9100 printer. The s9000 printer driver only allows for borderless p...

canonical vs non-canonical
hi all ive got an understanding problem im reading this book: operating systems: design and implementation and it talks about cooked/canonical and raw/non-canonical modes now, i dont really understand whats meant by that? is there any chance for me to see the 2 things in action, just two grasp whats being talked about here? thanx, martin sancho1980 wrote: > hi all > > ive got an understanding problem > im reading this book: operating systems: design and implementation > and it talks about cooked/canonical and raw/non-canonical modes > now, i dont really understand whats...

Canon printer
Hi, I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will it work with the OS/2 driver for the i550? If not, is there an OS/2 driver for this printer available and where can I find it? Thanks for your help in anticipation. Theuns Botha. -- -- T.J.Botha wrote: > Hi, > I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will it work with the OS/2 > driver for the i550? Yes Klaus Staedtler On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:44:58 UTC, Klaus Staedtler <gibtsnet@gibtsnet.net> wrote: > T.J.Botha wrote: > > Hi, > > I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will ...

canon printer
I have Redhat 9. The install went fine, but now the Canon printer (S300) has black (and colors) that come out washed out. The black is light grey rather than black. When I had Mandrake on this machine using the same printer there was a way (through Printer Drake) to adjust the stpGamma and density settings; I can find no similar setting in Redhat. Any suggestions?? ...

canon printer
what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer? just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers. Hi Dilbert Dilbert Firestorm wrote: > what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer? > > just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers. > > I find the i850 (omni build 30.822) work fine for most uses but use the i950 drivers for printing from OpenOffice and Acrobat. Regards Pete ...

Canon printer
I have a Canon printer I'm trying to setup on our HP. The local network guy identifies it as a Canon imageRunner 3300. I've done PJL and SNMP set to FALSE in NPCONFIG. Is there a specific setup file from HPENV that would work? Or a new one? Thanks in advance! Paul T. Harbron Emerson Appliance Controls INRUG Secretary * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Canon WON and Canon Lost
The nod, with a lot of close looking, goes to Canon but the practical nod goes to Costco/Kirkland when it come to paper when printing with a Canon IP4000 using OEM ink. This is not a real test as it is totally subjective and empirically observed. The Players: Canon IP4000 Canon OEM Ink Canon Photo Paper Pro Costco/Kirkland Pro Glossy Inkjet Paper (Swiss Made) some say Ilford Gallerie Smooth Glossy SureThing Glossy Photo Paper Fiskars Rotary Paper Cutter 12" purchased at Costco for $29.95. Has Fiskars Label but the model in its appearance is unique to Costco. Notes: SureThing is a company that sells great CD Label design software and labels. The labels they sell are designed, engineered and specified by SureThing but outsourced for their manufacturer. For those who use labels their label applicator is not as good as CD Stomper. Recently they have developed Photo Organization Software and they have engineered and specified Photo Paper designed to work with all inkjet printers but the manufacture is left to other paper mills. The Canon Photo Paper Pro was purchased in a 75 pack of 4x6 for a cost of $29.95. The Costco/Kirkland package consists of 125 8.5x11 sheets at $18.95 per box. The SureThing paper was given to me by SureThing as samples in a 5x7 size. Both the SureThing and Costco paper were cut into 4x6 sheets using the Fiskars Trimmer. I cut 2 sets of the Costco paper and the results were somewhat different...

Canon Printers
Hi We have a lovely canon pixma mp780 multi function printer. It works fine from Windows XP programs. However we would like to use it from D3 occasionally instead of our HP lasers and Epson dot matrix. Help I cannot find anything equivalent to the HP manuals for the command set. If I send a plain text message as normal it appears in the Windows spooler and disappears. I have also tried sending the HP PCL command set, again it appears in Windows spooler, the indicator on the printer says printing but nothing appears on paper. By the way I have the HP PCL command set singing o...

Canon printers
Does anybody know the difference between the Canon bubblejet i450 en i450x? And is there any difference between the i450 and the i455? Thanks "Pietje" <pietje47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3fb657ac$0$173$1b62eedf@news.wanadoo.nl... > Does anybody know the difference between the Canon bubblejet i450 en i450x? > And is there any difference between the i450 and the i455? This is not rocket science. Do some homework at Canon's website: http://usa.canon.com/html/index1.jsp Click on printers, select i450, i455, i560, and click on compare. ...

Saving Conserving Canon S900 S9000 Inkjet Printer Ink
Hello, I have had a Canon S900 for about three years and recently have started using a lot of ink. I found that when I went to 100s pages/ month the inkjet heads started clogging occasionally and clearing with a can of compressed air works. However I have also found that more than 60% of the ink remains when a cartridge is marked as empty and has to be replaced. I noticed that if I turned off/on the printer, the replace ink cartridge message disappeared for a time. Doing this several times allowed me to continue printing in B/W without any noticeable fading (about 300 sheet...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

canon
was given a canon 360 cd laptop it was made about 1991. I had windows 98se installed on it. it has a cd rom and a floppy drive. put in a 10gig hdd but will only recognize 4gigs. has 16 megs ram will go to 32. the touchpad works but cannot get any mouse to work. can someone help with some solutions to the hdd,mouse and ram? thanks. ...

Canon
zakezuke wrote: >>I believe that they did not rank the IP6000 very highly not because it >>is a bad printer but Canon has others in the line that they (and I >>agree) are much better. An example would be the IP4000 and the IP5000. >> >> > >I think if you actualy read the articile they say "The iP6000D's >performance and quality for business applications make it a poor choice >as an all-around printer. > They do say that. >But its photo performance, quality, and >photo-printing features make it a reasonable choice if you want a >second printer specifically for photos." > Yes but they and also some other article I read (maybe pcworld) say that the IP4000/5000 is a step ahead. >In fact if you look at their >review on the ip8500 they basicly say the same thing "Text/graphics >quality and speed are good but not in the same league as photo quality >and speed.". > > The IP8500 is sort of a different animal. Basically they took the marvelous printer engine from the i9900 and put it in a standard format printer and then added duplexing and twin paper feeds. It does not have the pigmented black that is used in text. It is also not quite as fast as the i9900. >This is why I don't read PC mag but rather made my own judgement. > You have to know how to read PCMag. You do not look at every word but evaluate the co...

canon
was given a canon 360 cd laptop it was made about 1991. I had windows 98se installed on it. it has a cd rom and a floppy drive. put in a 10gig hdd but will only recognize 4gigs. has 16 megs ram will go to 32. the touchpad works but cannot get any mouse to work. can someone help with some solutions to the hdd,mouse and ram? thanks. ...

Web resources about - Canon s9000....i9000 and wide canons.... - comp.periphs.printers

Canon EOS RT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Canon EOS RT is a 35mm single-lens reflex camera produced by Canon from 1989 to 1992. The camera is essentially an EOS 630 / EOS 600 with ...

Disney will not allow EA to break canon with Star Wars Battlefront
... adhering to, and I think this is part of our arrangement with Lucas and Disney, is you can't make a game in Star Wars that violates the canon ...

EOS-1D X Mark II: Canon's flagship DSLR goes 4K
There's no doubt Nikon stole CES 2016, thanks to the D5, D500 and KeyMission 360 announcements. But rival Canon seems to have saved its best ...

Canon Stunt With Six Photographers Misses, But Demonstrates The Power Of Inspiration
VideoCanon recently published a video stunt where they asked six different professional photographers to take portraits of one man. The twist ...

Canon 1D X Mark II: An Epic DSLR That Shoots 4K Video, For a Price
Hot on the heels of Nikon with its D5 , Canon has announced its new flagship DSLR. Say hello to the 1D X MarkII, whose overkill will surely be ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Won’t Become Part Of Battlefront For Canon Reasons
Because maintaining the Star Wars canon is important, the makers of Star Wars: Battlefront won’t be bringing the Star Wars: The Force Awakens ...

Destroying a Soda Can With a Ping-Pong Ball Using Science and a Vacuum Canon
... Simple Feats of Science! , Zeke Kossover from The Exploratorium destroyed a soda can using only a ping-pong ball, science, and a vacuum canon. ...

Canon EOS 80D gives budding filmmakers even more performance
Declining DSLR sales aren't enough to stop Canon from pumping out updated versions of its DSLR workhorse cameras. Canon's new prosumer EOS 80D ...

Shooting a Winter Storm Killed My Canon 7D
On July 7th, 2015, wind speeds of over 120km per hour (~75mph) reached the Dutch coastal area. Winds were so extreme that restaurants along the ...

The Future and the Past: How ‘Hail, Caesar!’ Fits in the Coen Canon
... brothers film on its opening weekend, right?), let’s take this opportunity to explore how this Hollywood farce fits into the larger Coen canon. ...