Canon

zakezuke wrote:

>>I believe that they did not rank the IP6000 very highly not because it
>>is a bad printer but Canon has others in the line that they (and I
>>agree) are much better.  An example would be the IP4000 and the IP5000.
>>

>I think if you actualy read the articile they say "The iP6000D's
>performance and quality for business applications make it a poor choice
>as an all-around printer.

They do say that.

>But its photo performance, quality, and
>photo-printing features make it a reasonable choice if you want a
>second printer specifically for photos."

Yes but they and also some other article I read (maybe pcworld) say that
the IP4000/5000 is a step ahead.

>In fact if you look at their
>review on the ip8500 they basicly say the same thing "Text/graphics
>quality and speed are good but not in the same league as photo quality
>and speed.".

The IP8500 is sort of a different animal.  Basically they took the
marvelous printer engine from the i9900 and put it in a standard format
printer and then added duplexing and twin paper feeds.  It does not have
the pigmented black that is used in text.  It is also not quite as fast
as the i9900.

>This is why I don't read PC mag but rather made my own judgement.

You have to know how to read PCMag.  You do not look at every word but
evaluate the comparisons.  They also point out many things that act as
alerts for one to investigate.

>me the ip6000 seems just dandy for a dedicated photo printer esp among
>those who don't want to be limited to PC printing.

While it is good for that doing that kind of thing is not a smart way to
go about photography.  It is really too expensive.  IT is like bringing
a roll of film to the photo lab and getting 36 photos back of which you
can throw 35 in the trash.  If one is going to do that (print almost
every photo) a 1 hour photo may be a better choice. albiet no as convenient.

>As a pure photo printer, the ip6000 is just fine... if a tad slower
>than the older model i960, but keep in mind the ip6000 is cheaper than
>the ip5000.  But I do agree with you the fact that text printing is my
>primary application and while I have older lasers they have reached the
>point that I don't want to muck with them any more, and the ip3000 and
>mp760, while more costly per page for black, are a reasonable
>substute.. if not perfect.  I would consider the ip6000 as a
>replacement to my epson r200 for CD printing, covers, and photos.

I think you can get better results with the IP4000.  If one is heavier
on business document than photos I would maybe recommend the IP5000.
While somewhat leary about 1 pl droplet size and why Canon did not go
that way with all of the models, that sort of has been dispelled with
the release of the IP4200.  I understand they continued with the 1pl
droplet size but much slower than the IP5000.

I am not real sure on where the IP5000 and IP4200 stand against each
other but I am sure they will be compared in some future review.
0
measekite

In article measekite says...

> I am not real sure on where the IP5000 and IP4200 stand against each
> other but I am sure they will be compared in some future review.

And hopefully you will read more than just the PCMag review.
0
colinco
7/20/2005 1:32:59 AM

colinco wrote:

>In article measekite says...
>

>>I am not real sure on where the IP5000 and IP4200 stand against each
>>other but I am sure they will be compared in some future review.
>>

>And hopefully you will read more than just the PCMag review.

I READ ALL OF THE REVIEWS I CAN FIND ABOUT MOST THINGS.  I EVEN READ END
USERS OPINIONS TO SEE IF I CAN FIND A PATTERN.  IF I FIND A PATTERN ON
CERTAIN THINGS THEY APPEAR TO BE MORE BELIEVABLE.
0
measekite
7/20/2005 1:40:52 AM
In article measekite says...

> I READ ALL OF THE REVIEWS I CAN FIND ABOUT MOST THINGS.  I EVEN READ END
> USERS OPINIONS TO SEE IF I CAN FIND A PATTERN.  IF I FIND A PATTERN ON
> CERTAIN THINGS THEY APPEAR TO BE MORE BELIEVABLE.

All caps doesn't make you more believable. Have you ever found any end
users or other reviews to support your belief in the PCMag claim that
iP4000 was better at Photos and iP5000 better for business documents?
0
colinco
>>me the ip6000 seems just dandy for a dedicated photo printer esp among
>>those who don't want to be limited to PC printing.

>While it is good for that doing that kind of thing is not a smart way to
>go about photography.  It is really too expensive.  IT is like bringing
>a roll of film to the photo lab and getting 36 photos back of which you
>can throw 35 in the trash.  If one is going to do that (print almost
>every photo) a 1 hour photo may be a better >choice. albiet no as convenient.

Poloroid was never a cost effective system, nor was it designed for
serious photography.  It was designed for snap-shots... uncomposed
spontanious snap-shots.   Never the less it was very popular for that
instant satisfaction.

Anything else said while thoughtful has nothing to do with the subject
of the poloroid approach to snapshot photography in the 21st century.

The question is... for those average joes who lose usb cables for their
cameras and don't want to muck around with printing from their pc is
there a printer out there that you would reccomend that supports card
printing.  Given you say the ip4000's output is better I would have
thought you would have been hip to the mp760 who's print engine and
driver is identical to that of the ip4000.   What would you reccomend.

0
zakezuke
7/20/2005 9:21:22 AM
measekite wrote:

> colinco wrote:
>
>> In article measekite says...
>>

>>> I am not real sure on where the IP5000 and IP4200 stand against each
>>> other but I am sure they will be compared in some future review.
>>>

>> And hopefully you will read more than just the PCMag review.
>>

> I READ ALL OF THE REVIEWS I CAN FIND ABOUT MOST THINGS.  I EVEN READ END
> USERS OPINIONS TO SEE IF I CAN FIND A PATTERN.  IF I FIND A PATTERN ON
> CERTAIN THINGS THEY APPEAR TO BE MORE BELIEVABLE.

Give us a break. We all know you can't read.
Frank
0
Frank
7/20/2005 2:38:35 PM

colinco wrote:

>In article measekite says...
>

>>I READ ALL OF THE REVIEWS I CAN FIND ABOUT MOST THINGS.  I EVEN READ END
>>USERS OPINIONS TO SEE IF I CAN FIND A PATTERN.  IF I FIND A PATTERN ON
>>CERTAIN THINGS THEY APPEAR TO BE MORE BELIEVABLE.
>>

>All caps doesn't make you more believable. Have you ever found any end
>users or other reviews to support your belief in the PCMag claim that
>iP4000 was better at Photos and iP5000 better for business documents?

ALL OVER.
0
measekite
7/20/2005 3:13:39 PM

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>

>> colinco wrote:
>>
>>> In article measekite says...

>>> And hopefully you will read more than just the PCMag review.
>>>

>> I READ ALL OF THE REVIEWS I CAN FIND ABOUT MOST THINGS.  I EVEN READ
>> END USERS OPINIONS TO SEE IF I CAN FIND A PATTERN.  IF I FIND A
>> PATTERN ON CERTAIN THINGS THEY APPEAR TO BE MORE BELIEVABLE.
>

> Give us a break. We all know you can't read.
> Frank  OR IS IT MEASEKITE

HA HA HA HA

TALKING TO MYSELF AGAIN
0
measekite
7/20/2005 3:27:15 PM
measekite wrote:

> Frank wrote:
>

>>> I READ ALL OF THE REVIEWS I CAN FIND ABOUT MOST THINGS.  I EVEN READ
>>> END USERS OPINIONS TO SEE IF I CAN FIND A PATTERN.  IF I FIND A
>>> PATTERN ON CERTAIN THINGS THEY APPEAR TO BE MORE BELIEVABLE.
>>

>> Give us a break. We all know you can't read.
>> Frank  OR IS IT MEASEKITE
>

> HA HA HA HA
>
> TALKING TO MYSELF AGAIN

This is probably the most honest thing you've ever said. ;-)

-Taliesyn
0
Taliesyn
7/20/2005 4:08:16 PM

Taliesyn wrote:

> measekite wrote:

>>> Give us a break. We all know you can't read.
>>> Frank  OR IS IT MEASEKITE
>>

>> HA HA HA HA
>>
>> TALKING TO MYSELF AGAIN
>

> This is probably the most honest thing you've ever said. ;-)
>
> -Taliesyn

AND DA SKOOLKID MAKES TREE
0
measekite

HP printer vs. Canon printer

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

Canon S300 printer and GPL driver from canon.jp
hi everyone Like many other users, I'm experiencing problems with my Canon S300 printer. Today I've found a page at linuxprinting.org that state that Canon has released GPLed drivers for S300 in Japan ( http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-S300 ). It's actually true: http://cweb.canon.jp/drv-upd/bj/bjlinux210.html Since I cannot understand japanese and babelfish isn't helping so much I tried to install them without much luck. I downloaded and installed (I'm running Mandrake 10 rc1) bjfilterbjs300-2.1-0.i386.rpm, bjfiltercups-2.2-0.i386.rpm, bjfilte...

Canon printers
Does anybody know the difference between the Canon bubblejet i450 en i450x? And is there any difference between the i450 and the i455? Thanks "Pietje" <pietje47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3fb657ac$0$173$1b62eedf@news.wanadoo.nl... > Does anybody know the difference between the Canon bubblejet i450 en i450x? > And is there any difference between the i450 and the i455? This is not rocket science. Do some homework at Canon's website: http://usa.canon.com/html/index1.jsp Click on printers, select i450, i455, i560, and click on compare. ...

canon printer
what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer? just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers. Hi Dilbert Dilbert Firestorm wrote: > what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer? > > just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers. > > I find the i850 (omni build 30.822) work fine for most uses but use the i950 drivers for printing from OpenOffice and Acrobat. Regards Pete ...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

canon printer
I have Redhat 9. The install went fine, but now the Canon printer (S300) has black (and colors) that come out washed out. The black is light grey rather than black. When I had Mandrake on this machine using the same printer there was a way (through Printer Drake) to adjust the stpGamma and density settings; I can find no similar setting in Redhat. Any suggestions?? ...

Canon printer
I have a Canon printer I'm trying to setup on our HP. The local network guy identifies it as a Canon imageRunner 3300. I've done PJL and SNMP set to FALSE in NPCONFIG. Is there a specific setup file from HPENV that would work? Or a new one? Thanks in advance! Paul T. Harbron Emerson Appliance Controls INRUG Secretary * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Question about the waste ink tank in Canon IP5000 (and other Canon printers)
I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the printer, and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are replaced. So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridges with new ones before an error message appears saying the tank is full? Anyone taken a printer to Canon to have the tank emptied? How much did they charge? The amount of ink consumed in the cleaning cycles when replacing tanks is minimal, but cleaning cycles also occur based upon printer usage, time intervals and when requested by the user. The deep cleaning routines use the most ink. There have been many discussions on this newsgroup and in other forums about the 'waste ink tank is full' messages and how to reset the printer. Taking the printer to a repair facility may end up costing nearly as much as a new printer. The tank isn't a bottle or container as the name implies. It is an absorbent pad. If you don't go overboard with deep cleaning cycles the chances are good that you'll not ever see this message for your printer. -- Ron "Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message news:42eb7fa8$0$78157$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > I've read this 'tank' contains ink from the cleaning cycles of the > printer, > and a cleaning happens automatically every time ink cartridges are > replaced. > So my question is how many times do I have to replace the cartridg...

Canon Printers
Hi We have a lovely canon pixma mp780 multi function printer. It works fine from Windows XP programs. However we would like to use it from D3 occasionally instead of our HP lasers and Epson dot matrix. Help I cannot find anything equivalent to the HP manuals for the command set. If I send a plain text message as normal it appears in the Windows spooler and disappears. I have also tried sending the HP PCL command set, again it appears in Windows spooler, the indicator on the printer says printing but nothing appears on paper. By the way I have the HP PCL command set singing o...

Canon printer
Hi, I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will it work with the OS/2 driver for the i550? If not, is there an OS/2 driver for this printer available and where can I find it? Thanks for your help in anticipation. Theuns Botha. -- -- T.J.Botha wrote: > Hi, > I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will it work with the OS/2 > driver for the i550? Yes Klaus Staedtler On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:44:58 UTC, Klaus Staedtler <gibtsnet@gibtsnet.net> wrote: > T.J.Botha wrote: > > Hi, > > I am interested in a Canon i560 printer. Will ...

FYI
Yesterday I was in need of drivers for my Canon ImageCLASS D780 laser printer/scanner/copier/fax device. Logically I went to the Canon USA support web site. Illogically Canon reports "No drivers are available for this model." On a hunch I surfed on over to the Canon Canada support web site. Voila! There I found the drivers I needed. So if any of you find yourselves in the same boat and can't find the drivers you need, take a look here http://www.canon.ca/english/index-customersupport.asp Dejola <johnandjanet@gmail.com> observed >Yesterday I was in need of dr...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Canon printer repairs
http://www.electroversal.com ...

Canon i965 printer
My i965 recently had print head problems. Only yellow and green were printed when using glossy paper. Several deep cleanings later problem still there. New inks, no better. Took it back to dealer. Now prints ok but ink tanks allways show half full. Only time I know when to install new is when one colour fails. Canon help desk is a waste of time, the call centre in bucharest is clueless. Replies from them do not materialise. Anyone out there know the answer please. Thanks John Dobson ============== Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubles...

Which Canon Printer to go with
I have a S820 right now. Well it is getting the 7 orange blinking light which indicates that it has a bad print head. I have already tried soaking it in denatured alcohol. No luck. Anyway I purchased it just over a year ago and luckly I purchased 1 year extended warrenty. I called Staples warrenty office and they are sending out a gift check to replace the printer. My problem is that Staples only has 3 Canon printers on there web site and the best one is the i860 for $149. I would like to get the i960. It looks to be much better. Does anyone know if Staples does carry this...

Canon printer utilities
With my Canon i960, I received several utilities: Easy Photo and Easy Photo Plus. Both work fine except they do not allow for color and brightness/contrast control. Have I missed something? ...

Freebie Canon Printer
I have acquired a Canon BJC 7000 colour bubblejet printer which was connected to a RiscPC but which has had very little use and none for the past year or more. Unsurprisingly, it seems to gummed up but it could be useful for spares for anyone still using this model printer. In its day the BJC 7000 gave exceptional results with a special driver that was supplied by CJE Micros', which is why I suspect some may still be in use by inhabitants of this newsgroup. If anyone wants it I could take it to the Wakefield show if that would help with transport. Please email me at the address below,...

Canon i560 printer
I have a problem similar to Gillian Bobbett's with her iP4200 printer, except mine is a Canon i560. If I scan a document with my Mustek 800 scanner, and save it as a sprite file, and then drag it into an Impression page, it appears perfectly on the screen. When I tell it to print using FastSpool+ the printer light flashes as usual as it loads the info into the printer, but it feeds no paper, and when it has finished loading the info, nothing happens, and I get no print. The only way I can get it to print is to save it as a JPEG, put it into Artworks and then drag it into Impression, or ...

Web resources about - Canon - comp.periphs.printers

Christian biblical canons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the Jewish canon, see Development of the Hebrew Bible canon . For the Old Testament canon, see Development of the Old Testament canon . For ...

Disney will not allow EA to break canon with Star Wars Battlefront
... adhering to, and I think this is part of our arrangement with Lucas and Disney, is you can't make a game in Star Wars that violates the canon ...

Canon's EOS 80D DSLR is designed for the semi-pro crowd
Today, Canon isn't just announcing a fresh set of PowerShot point-and-shoots. The manufacturer has also introduced the EOS 80D, a DSLR geared ...

Canon Stunt With Six Photographers Misses, But Demonstrates The Power Of Inspiration
VideoCanon recently published a video stunt where they asked six different professional photographers to take portraits of one man. The twist ...

Canon 1D X Mark II: An Epic DSLR That Shoots 4K Video, For a Price
Hot on the heels of Nikon with its D5 , Canon has announced its new flagship DSLR. Say hello to the 1D X MarkII, whose overkill will surely be ...

Stars Wars Latest Canon Released While ‘Bloodlines’ Gives Clues To The Rise Of The First Order Excerpt ...
With Disney’s acquisition of the Star Wars franchises, it was necessary to establish a new Star Wars canon. Disney recently released its new ...

Destroying a Soda Can With a Ping-Pong Ball Using Science and a Vacuum Canon
... Simple Feats of Science! , Zeke Kossover from The Exploratorium destroyed a soda can using only a ping-pong ball, science, and a vacuum canon. ...

Chandler Bing owes Julia Roberts a call today, according to 'Friends' canon
So no one told you your date with Julia Roberts was gonna go this way... Before Chandler and Monica fell in TV love, he had an ill-fated love ...

BTS: Creating a 5-Minute Airline Brand Film Using the New Canon C300 Mark II
Swiss International Air Lines, the flag carrier airline of Switzerland, just released this 5-minute short film titled "The people behind SWISS." ...

Star Wars Bits: Grand Admiral Thrawn Lurches Back Into Canon, the Future of ‘Star Wars’ Video Games ...
... the newest edition of the Star Wars Character Encyclopedia . When Lucasfilm removed the Star Wars expanded universe from official canon, they ...