Cheap ink source for HP inks? (And are HP ink Pigmented or not?)

So with all these different kinds of inks floating around... what does HP
use?  Pigmented ink or not?

and who here with HP printers refills and where do you get your inks? I've
been buying locally- $20 for a 3 color kit with 32ml of each color.  Or I
can buy 60ml of each color for $11/ea.  But I've seen prices online for
$10-$15 for 8oz or more of each color.

What kinds of ink do I want for a HP 7660 #57 tri-color cart?
Any advice would be appreciated.

0
Te

All HP ink jet printers use dye inks. As far as I know, only certain Epson
printers use pigmented inks.
Lynn
0
llutton
9/17/2004 12:10:09 AM
"LLutton" <llutton@aol.com> wrote in message
> All HP ink jet printers use dye inks. As far as I know, only certain Epson
> printers use pigmented inks.

That is not quite true. All but the oldest HP black ink cartridges use
pigmented inks.  Most of the color cartridges are dye based although there are
pigmented options for the DesignJet printers.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, not speaking fro my employer HP
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Bob
9/17/2004 4:37:01 AM
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:48:42 GMT, "Te" <te@-NOSPAM-pobox.com> wrote:

>So with all these different kinds of inks floating around... what does HP
>use?  Pigmented ink or not?
>
>and who here with HP printers refills and where do you get your inks? I've
>been buying locally- $20 for a 3 color kit with 32ml of each color.  Or I
>can buy 60ml of each color for $11/ea.  But I've seen prices online for
>$10-$15 for 8oz or more of each color.
>
>What kinds of ink do I want for a HP 7660 #57 tri-color cart?
>Any advice would be appreciated.

Try http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/default.asp?Currency=Can

They ship to Canada & the U.S.

Printer Ink

Bulk Pigment Ink for a Dye Ink Printer
I'm thinking of getting into the Niagara system of bulk ink through Media Street. My printer is an Epson R320 which uses dye inks. With that system, I can use their pigment type inks which is called Generations G-Chrome. Cost to start with the Niagara system is $269 American. The ink is $116.10 and comes in 4 ounce bottles. Digital Camera magazine (October 2005) has a favorable preview with this system using printers made for dye inks. I have several questions and maybe some here can help. 1. With this ink, what can I expect from an occasional text print from MS Word? As sharp as those made using dye inks? 2. How about cost savings? They advertise 90% savings going to this bulk ink. Is anyone getting this kind of savings? I print mostly photos, maybe six to a dozen a week. 3. I print an occasional B+W text slide using transparency film, for church that I made in Corel Draw. Would the print be as stable as those I currently print with my R320 using the OEM dye inks? I would get the Generations ink with the black ink made for glossy media. Thanks and any help would be appreciated. Kayaker > 1. With this ink, what can I expect from an occasional text print from > MS Word? As sharp as those made using dye inks? > 2. How about cost savings? They advertise 90% savings going to this > bulk ink. Is anyone getting this kind of savings? I print mostly > photos, maybe six to a dozen a week. > 3. I print an occasional B+W text slide usi...

HP Printer Software to show INK Level? hp 932c
--------------------------------------------------- >Where can I get software that shows how much ink level I have left in >the cartridge. I have a HP 932c printer. The CD that came with my >printer was in french, so I found some drivers on the internet a couple of >years ago (in English). But mine does not show ink level. I have posted this before and as a result downloaded the latest software and drivers from the hp website. But my printer settings still don't show any ink level gage. Is there a 1-800 number for help with hp printers? tx [This ...

Hp 26 ink VS Candon BCI24 ink.
Is there any real reason I cannot use ink for an HP56 cartridge (a few years old though), in a Canon BCI24-BK cart, for an S200 printer? I tried it, and it works. Gary Tait <classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid> wrote in message news:<5e0qrv0gr43a9o1hj506jpps2iosa3adfs@4ax.com>... > Is there any real reason I cannot use ink for an HP56 cartridge (a few > years old though), in a Canon BCI24-BK cart, for an S200 printer? > I tried it, and it works. Very interesting Gary. I have a similar story. I had an HP#78 cart that ran out and I'm not investing more in my HP pri...

Good non HP ink replacement for HP Vivera ( HP A168 )
I have a HP A618 compact printer which uses just a single 3 colour 5.5ml cartridge, the ink is stated as Vivera. The cartridge number is HP 110 (CB304AE) I have refilled the cartridge using JetTec universal ink which seems to give acceptable results, but wondered if anyone can suggest anything better? For anyone wanting to refill these carts, the colours are as below on the top of the cart, with 'Y' being nearest the front (electrical contact) end. If you remove the sticker on top of the cart, it exposes the holes for the ink, (no drilling needed). After refilling, ...

Pigment inks and dye inks...
My experience with printers leads me to believe that any printer will clog if not used very often. At one time I stuck with OEM inks and found that even they suffered airlocks and gungeing up. Pigment based inks are used widely, but in my experience they tend to gunge up quicker than dye based inks. I have stuck with Epson, but am now torn between Epson and Canon, the argument being between the reliability of piezo heads against the simplicity of the ink supply system of the Canon iP4000. Since I do not use my printer often, would it be a reasonable assumption to refill with dye based inks so that the chance of drying out be minimised. So, sensible to refill with dye instead of pigment? In article <dfd927$1sr$3@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>, ngreplies@tdrd.freeserve.co.uk says... > My experience with printers leads me to believe that any printer will clog > if not used very often. At one time I stuck with OEM inks and found that > even they suffered airlocks and gungeing up. > > Pigment based inks are used widely, but in my experience they tend to gunge > up quicker than dye based inks. > > I have stuck with Epson, but am now torn between Epson and Canon, the > argument being between the reliability of piezo heads against the simplicity > of the ink supply system of the Canon iP4000. > > Since I do not use my printer often, would it be a reasonable assumption to > refill with dye based inks so th...

HP Business Ink Jet 1100
How to reset ink level on ink cartridges for HP Business Ink Jet 1100 ? Any web page with description ? Thanks ! http://www.refillinstructions.com "MM" <mmajcen@inet.hr> wrote in message news:caorgc$j0m$1@ls219.htnet.hr... > How to reset ink level on ink cartridges for HP Business Ink Jet 1100 ? > > Any web page with description ? > > Thanks ! > > > If you can send us your printer we can disable its chip lock option. This intervention is permanent so you will loose a warranty Read more at http://adriatix.hr/E_buy/...

Epson Ink, Canon Ink, HP Inkjet
Cdrdvdrmedia.com (http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com) - Online store for ink, epson inkjet, epson inkjet cartridge, epson toner cartridge, canon inkjet, canon inkjet cartridge, canon toner cartridge, hp inkjet, hp inkjet cartridge, hp toner cartridge, computer hardware and accessories. Feel free to browse our website for more information. E-mail:sales@cdrdvdrmedia.com Address: 18961 East Arenth Ave. City of Industry, CA 91748 Office Hours: 08:30AM ~ 05:30PM PST Tel: 1-626-854-2145 Toll Free: 1-888-813-5667 Fax: 1-626-854-6553 Website: http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com <cksupplier@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122363722.749478.19410@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Online store for ink, > epson inkjet, epson inkjet cartridge, epson toner cartridge, canon Comp.periphs.printers is not a forsale group. Please do not post commercial or other sale items here. - Bob Headrick SPAMMING MOTHERFUCKER cksupplier@gmail.com wrote: >Cdrdvdrmedia.com (http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com) - Online store for ink, >epson inkjet, epson inkjet cartridge, epson toner cartridge, canon >inkjet, canon inkjet cartridge, canon toner cartridge, hp inkjet, hp >inkjet cartridge, hp toner cartridge, computer hardware >and accessories. > >Feel free to browse our website for more information. > >E-mail:sales@cdrdvdrmedia.com >Address: 18961 East Arenth Ave. City of Industry, CA 91748 >Office Hours: 08:30AM ~ 05:30PM PST ...

hp 45 ink with hp 56
i went to a local dealer to buy black ink for the 5652 and he gave me ink for hp 45 cart.He told that this ink works fine with the 56 cart. Should i use it? The ink is made from inktec. Thank's The ink for #45 is different from it for #56. "XXXX" <dimitriskal1@tin.it> wrote in message news:%gZjb.9190$e5.315396@news1.tin.it... > i went to a local dealer to buy black ink for the 5652 and he gave me > ink for hp 45 cart.He told that this ink works fine with the 56 cart. > Should i use it? > The ink is made from inktec. > > Thank's &...

Does HP original ink smudge less than refill ink? Brand difference?
Does the ink in HP's original inkjet cartidge smudge less when wet than the sort of ink usually used to refill the cartridge at home? I have noticed that the refill ink I have been using in my HP inkjet cartridge (ref: HP 26A) smears a lot if my documents get caught in the rain. Maybe all inkjets are like this? I wonder ... is the ink used by some printer manufacturers (Epson, HP, Lexmark, etc) less likely to smear than the ink used by other manufacturers? > I have noticed that the refill ink I have been using in my HP inkjet > cartridge (ref: HP 26A) smears a lot if my docu...

HP OJ d145 color ink out error replace color ink cartridge message
Does anyone know what the HP OfficeJet D145 message means "Color ink out. Replace color ink cartridge." The ink level is fine (always was) and I've turned off the ink level checking for the color ink long ago (by pressing the double-arrow 456 key sequence). Since this HP message isn't about the color ink being out.... Can this message be an HP ink cartridge expiry message disguised? Does HP count the many times I've removed the the ink cartridge to refill? Problem is the Hewlett Packard OfficeJet printer is dead until I figure this out. It isn't what it appears to...

HP Ink
Do you need both the 57 & 58 HP cartridges to print color pictures. They both seem to be color ink. "Andy Petro" <andy.petro@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:Pkg1f.3291$R4.503527@news20.bellglobal.com... > Do you need both the 57 & 58 HP cartridges to print color pictures. They both > seem to be color ink. The color #57 cartridge has standard cyan, yellow and magenta. The #58 cartridge has light magenta, light cyan and photo black. You can print photos with just the #57 cartridge. Using the #58 cartridge with the #57 cartridge together can give better photo's, with less graininess in light areas and better black areas. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

HP photosmart printer inks
Is there anyway to get around the ink smearing on HP Photosmart printers.? I use their premium 4x6 paper and tried setting ink volume down to minimum, but if you have a wet thumb, it'll still smear. Is this characteristic of the HP printers and ink.? ...

HP 5652 and Pigment ink
Can i use color and black pigment ink from Epson c84? How will be the quality?Did anybody do that? In article <qA9jb.286849$R32.9441351@news2.tin.it>, dimitriskal1@tin.it says... > Can i use color and black pigment ink from Epson c84? > How will be the quality?Did anybody do that? > > > If you use Epson ink in an HP Cartridge you are almost CERTAIN to destroy the HP Cartridge. Epson inks are formulated to be PUMPED through an ink-jet, HP inks are formulated to be vaporized by heat... A slightly different specification! -- Larry Lynch My...

HP Ink in Epson Printer...OK??
Hi All, I have a supply of large capacity (350 ml) HP ink carts from a wide format printer that my company no longer has. The carts are out of date but have never been opened. I am thinking of building a CFS system for my new Epson R300 and I wonder if the ink from the HP carts (dye based) can be used in the Epson printer. Epson inks are dye based also so I have a feeling this will work. If my idea is correct all I will need to find is a set of always full chips for my Epson carts and the time and patience to try building the continuous flow system. Anyone have any thoughts on this??? "Flyboy" <Flyboy@airport.com> wrote in message news:101020041936084245%Flyboy@airport.com... > Hi All, > I have a supply of large capacity (350 ml) HP ink carts from a wide > format printer that my company no longer has. The carts are out of date > but have never been opened. I am thinking of building a CFS system for > my new Epson R300 and I wonder if the ink from the HP carts (dye based) > can be used in the Epson printer. Epson inks are dye based also so I > have a feeling this will work. If my idea is correct all I will need to > find is a set of always full chips for my Epson carts and the time and > patience to try building the continuous flow system. > Anyone have any thoughts on this??? A few things to watch out for: 1. If the ink is beyond its expiration date it may have become thicker than norma...

HP cartridges and pigment-based inks
Hi all. I'm using a Deskjet 9800 for larger (13x19) prints. I want to be able to print on archival fine art paper with pigments, for quality as well as longevity. I know the HP #96 cart uses pigmented ink. What I would like to do is refill some used color carts I have (#97 & #99) with carbon inks for hextone printing. My questions are: 1. can quality pigmented inks be used in the #97 and #99 carts? 2. what is the best way to flush any remaining ink from the old carts? 3. will I have to reset the printhead chips after refilling, and if so, what is the best way? Most...

HP printer
Anyone know if HP provide software with their printers for monitoring ink cartridge levels? Thanks I have a 952C which came with their Toolbox software. It indicates inkl level, but tends to show empty long before it actually runs out. It's a good warning, though. I go ahead an use them until they run out, since there is no"dry nozzle" problem with HP printers. Don "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cjhgjd$kec$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > Anyone know if HP provide software with their printers for monitoring ink > cartridge levels? > Thanks > Mine's a 970Cxi..I wonder if Toolbox would be ok with that?..any idea where I could find out and get a copy if so? Thanks. ----------- "Don" <nospam@please.gov> wrote in message news:10loibjol35l8ef@corp.supernews.com... >I have a 952C which came with their Toolbox software. It indicates inkl >level, but tends to show empty long before it actually runs out. It's a >good warning, though. I go ahead an use them until they run out, since >there is no"dry nozzle" problem with HP printers. > > Don > > "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:cjhgjd$kec$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... >> Anyone know if HP provide software with their printers for monitoring ink >> cartridge levels? >> Thanks >> >...

HP 970 Printer Leaking Ink
My printer has started leaking ink on the right hand side lower/rear corner where the heads park. It looks like ink has been leaking in there. There is a "gob" of black "gunk" that I can see and if I tilt the printer, ink runs out. I can't figure how to get the case off so I can clean it out. Anyone have written instructions on how to remove the case or where can I find a service manual that would guide me through removing the case. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- Remove NoSpam for e-mail Hi, This may sound like a joke, but it really isn't. I ...

HP printer vs. ink cost??????
My son has a HP 3520 printer that I gave to him. I had to buy a hp printer when I bought my computer for a rebate type of thing so I bought the cheapest printer they had, paid $39.99. Prints okay for what he uses it for, stupid crap, he's 13. He needs new cartridges for it. $22.00 for color cartridge - 18.00 for Black and White. Am I missing something? 22 +18= 40. Thats the same I paid for the whole printer that came with 2 cartridges, a nice big box, paper sampler, instruction manual, 1 year warranty, etc.... And for some reason, the generic cartridges are only about 2 d...

Is HP ink compatible with Canon Printers?
I have some left over bulk ink from a HP ink jet printer (DeskJet 820Cxi). Can I use this in a Canon i560? "JuanKnighter" <juanknighter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<10ntap423emd3e3@corp.supernews.com>... > I have some left over bulk ink from a HP ink jet printer (DeskJet 820Cxi). > Can I use this in a Canon i560? You could end up paying a lot more for ink in the long run by trying that. Aside from the thermal qualities, the shade of ink will probably not be exactly the same. A different shade of ink will contaminate the felt pad (whatever material it is made of) on the printhead where the ink cartride mates with the printhead. Once that is contaminated with the wrong shade, you will have to run a ton of ink through the printhead to get rid of the contamination. Sell the left over HP ink on ebay or dump it and buy ink specifically for the i560. Mo wrote: >> I have some left over bulk ink from a HP ink jet printer (DeskJet 820Cxi). >> Can I use this in a Canon i560? > >You could end up paying a lot more for ink in the long run by trying >that. Aside from the thermal qualities, the shade of ink will >probably not be exactly the same. Worse than that, the HP ink is designed for 5 picoliter droplets. The Canon uses 5 and 2 picoliter droplets, so the HP ink may clog the 2PL jets. Try finding a friend or coworker with an HP printer and give it or sell it for a low price to them...

HP printer ink for passport picture??
Will the HP ink stand the temperature (107 C) required for USA passport pictures? Unknown wrote: >Will the HP ink stand the temperature (107 C) required for USA >passport pictures? For the couple of bucks it costs to get a passport photo at the local camera shop, why take the chance? It's not like you need to get it done every couple of weeks. Besides, passport photos must meet certain size constraints for the subject (I don't mean the paper size). If the image is too big or too small, they won't accept it. "Unknown" <dwilkins@unitelc.com> wrote in message news:3l500111cqrkbr8suiij7dnnqdnj4k4ria@4ax.com... > > Will the HP ink stand the temperature (107 C) required for USA > passport pictures? I used a DeskJet to print my passport photo with no problems. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP In article <3l500111cqrkbr8suiij7dnnqdnj4k4ria@4ax.com>, dwilkins@unitelc.com says... > > Will the HP ink stand the temperature (107 C) required for USA > passport pictures? > I printed succesful passport pics on a Lexmark (the Yugo of printers) last spring. There is a government site with "photographer's info" for passport photos (I can't remember for sure, Commerce Dept. maybe? but Google probably remembers). Had all the details, head size, position in photo, etc, with good & bad examples. They specifically say digital photo OK. ...

Pigmented (Durabrite) inks vs. Dye inks ?
What's the diff? Advantages, disadvantages? Pigmented inks have greater longevity but clog easier. Dye inks look better and are more vibrant but do not last as long. I am talking about OEM only. Bob wrote: >What's the diff? Advantages, disadvantages? > > > > I can't give you all the disadvantages to using Durabrite but I'll name the key one that says avoid anything with the Durabrite name Durabrite inks mean a quick head clog unless you print very very regularly with your printer. Once the clog forms it will be just about impossi...

How to reset ink indicator on HP 10 and HP 11 cartridges
Hi Does anyone know how to reset the ink indicator on the HP 10 and the HP 11 ink cartridges for the printer. I am using the HP Business Printer 1100d. Thanks Mike C ...

Great Deal on Ink Cartridges hp 78 and HP 45
Ink Cartridges Hp78 and Hp45 - You know how expensive they are! Here is a great deal http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Genuine-Ink-Cartridge-45-78-Brand-New-Sealed-NR_W0QQitemZ190144389918QQihZ009QQcategoryZ51319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem "Kingf" <tax@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:bF0Ai.13249$4w7.10251@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net... > > Ink Cartridges Hp78 and Hp45 - You know how expensive they are! Here is > a great deal Comp.periphs.printers is not a forsale group. Please do not post eBay auctions (or other sale items) here. - ...

Web resources about - Cheap ink source for HP inks? (And are HP ink Pigmented or not?) - comp.periphs.printers

Pigmented villonodular synovitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pigmented villonodular synovitis ( PVNS ) is a joint disease characterized by inflammation and overgrowth of the joint lining. It usually affects ...

Color e-paper displays look to pigmented past
Several companies are developing display technologies that may take the …

Check Out These Pigmented Fish, Like Creatures Made from Neon Lights
Because it never gets boring to look inside creatures , living or dead, here's Cleared : a photo series by Adam Summers that straddles the super-narrow ...

Pat McGrath Launches Intensely Pigmented Gold Makeup Collection - Us Weekly
Celebrity makeup artist Pat McGrath officially launches Pat McGrath Labs on Oct. 29 . Find out how to apply the intense gold pigment here!

Highly pigmented
Indian devotee display coloured powder during 'Holi' at a temple in Kuala Lumpur.

Mutants are Cute!
... green. The back of the albino eye also lacks pigment, giving these cats' pupils a retinal red reflection in the dark, unlike a normally pigmented ...

Melanin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
/ ˈ m ɛ l ə n ɪ n / ( Greek : μέλας , black ) MSH (Melanocyte stimulating hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland) targets Melanocyte ...

International Prints, Drawings and Illustrated Books:The Kenneth Tyler Collection
David Hockney and Kenneth Tyler pressing colour pulp into mould for experimental paper pulp work during the ‘Paper Pools’ series, Tyler Workshop ...

Science
The laser scanning microscope topographic picture shows a porous paper surface . A fter gaining a Swiss professional certificate as a chemistry ...

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
... WHAT IT IS: A makeup palette with 12 eye shadows and a travel-size lip gloss HOW IT LOOKS/FEELS: The eye shadows are silky and richly pigmented; ...