Cheap ink source for HP inks? (And are HP ink Pigmented or not?)

So with all these different kinds of inks floating around... what does HP
use?  Pigmented ink or not?

and who here with HP printers refills and where do you get your inks? I've
been buying locally- $20 for a 3 color kit with 32ml of each color.  Or I
can buy 60ml of each color for $11/ea.  But I've seen prices online for
$10-$15 for 8oz or more of each color.

What kinds of ink do I want for a HP 7660 #57 tri-color cart?
Any advice would be appreciated.

0
Te

All HP ink jet printers use dye inks. As far as I know, only certain Epson
printers use pigmented inks.
Lynn
0
llutton
9/17/2004 12:10:09 AM
"LLutton" <llutton@aol.com> wrote in message
> All HP ink jet printers use dye inks. As far as I know, only certain Epson
> printers use pigmented inks.

That is not quite true. All but the oldest HP black ink cartridges use
pigmented inks.  Most of the color cartridges are dye based although there are
pigmented options for the DesignJet printers.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, not speaking fro my employer HP
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

0
Bob
9/17/2004 4:37:01 AM
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:48:42 GMT, "Te" <te@-NOSPAM-pobox.com> wrote:

>So with all these different kinds of inks floating around... what does HP
>use?  Pigmented ink or not?
>
>and who here with HP printers refills and where do you get your inks? I've
>been buying locally- $20 for a 3 color kit with 32ml of each color.  Or I
>can buy 60ml of each color for $11/ea.  But I've seen prices online for
>$10-$15 for 8oz or more of each color.
>
>What kinds of ink do I want for a HP 7660 #57 tri-color cart?
>Any advice would be appreciated.

Try http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/default.asp?Currency=Can

They ship to Canada & the U.S.