Cheapest Running Costs - Colout Inkjet (Epson, HP, Canon)

Hello,

I didn't post here for nearly 3 years, but I now need a new printer.  I have
been using an EPSON Stylus Colour 980, but the Print-Head got knackered
after I used some cheap ink cartridges.

Anyway I have been without a printer for 3 months, pain so I got a bit of
spare cash, was looking in the �50.00-�100-00 price range.  It's a little
bit confusing now since each manufacturer have so many different models
(why?).

I do allot of document printing, and occasionally knock out the odd Photo
print (just to show off :P) and print allot of CD-Labels.  I have a
CD-Printing system in place so I'm not too fussed about being able to print
*direct* to CD but mainly I want to get a printer that uses *BIG* ink tanks
(like my 980) and is *economical* to run.  I don't mind if it doesn't have
multi colour inks, just one black tank and one colour tank will do me
(unless u can explain otherwise?).

Thanks for reading, and I will now have a good *trawl* through the posts
here. . .
--
Wayne ][

0
Wayne

In article <411d273c$1_1@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>, Wayne Youngman wrote:
> I do allot of document printing, and occasionally knock out the odd Photo
> print (just to show off :P) and print allot of CD-Labels.  I have a
> CD-Printing system in place so I'm not too fussed about being able to print
> *direct* to CD but mainly I want to get a printer that uses *BIG* ink tanks
> (like my 980) and is *economical* to run.  I don't mind if it doesn't have
> multi colour inks, just one black tank and one colour tank will do me
> (unless u can explain otherwise?).
>
> Thanks for reading, and I will now have a good *trawl* through the posts
> here. . .

Danish consumer organisation just did a test og 50+ inkjets. The
result for full page color was, that one Canon model won with a
cost < $1 for a Photo. Most other Canon models was around $ 1.00-$1.20
per page, where you would also find Epson. HP was around the higher
end of this range as well - but depends on your color usage, since
they do not use separate inks.

Most expensive was Lexmark. Their cheapest model was $1.50, with
one model reaching around $6/page.

Myself:
I have a HP Laserjet 1200 for most of my prints (75%)
I have a Canon S600 for the color prints (20%)
I have an epson RX500 for Photos (and for the scanner, and
occasionally uses the copy function directly, and sometimes
to the laser).

--
Povl H. Pedersen - NoSpam@my.terminal.dk (yes - it works)
SIPPhone: 1-747.NOT.BYYI (668.2994) - Free Internet Phone
Povl H. Pedersen <povlhp@povl-h-pedersens-computer.local> wrote:

> Danish consumer organisation just did a test og 50+ inkjets.

Is this info online anywhere?

cheers,

Henry
0
henry999
8/14/2004 10:23:19 AM
In article <1giifto.1m2p3p7311w9gN%henry999@eircom.net>, Henry wrote:
> Povl H. Pedersen <povlhp@povl-h-pedersens-computer.local> wrote:
>
>> Danish consumer organisation just did a test og 50+ inkjets.
>
> Is this info online anywhere?

Only to subscribers of their magazine. Nobody else knows
that the username is tt46 and the password ludo

But if you happen to know the username/password, the review
is here:
http://www.taenk.dk/ttabn/2004/tt46/printer/ (in danish)

Some of the tables

http://www.taenk.dk/ttabn/2004/tt46/printer/skema/
this is initial cost, bl�kpris=ink price, hastighed=speed

One thing to notice is, that they actually did test the
printing costs. So they have different ink price per page
for i.e Epson R300 and R200 - even though that should be
the same as far as I know.

Here is another table:
http://www.taenk.dk/ttabn/2004/tt46/printer/total/

Ink price, paper price, total price.

The Lexmark P707 is most expensive with ink consumption
worth 36.40 DKK per page (1 USD = approx. 6.2 DKK).

--
Povl H. Pedersen - NoSpam@my.terminal.dk (yes - it works)
SIPPhone: 1-747.NOT.BYYI (668.2994) - Free Internet Phone
0
Povl
8/14/2004 4:53:45 PM
"Povl H. Pedersen" wrote
> Myself:
> I have a HP Laserjet 1200 for most of my prints (75%)
> I have a Canon S600 for the color prints (20%)
> I have an epson RX500 for Photos (and for the scanner, and
> occasionally uses the copy function directly, and sometimes
> to the laser).

Hi Povl ,

thanks for reply.  Any idea *which* CANON printer came top?

I have been a ink-jet user for many years, but its just the last year or so
that I began to see that laser printers are quite neat too.  I was looking
at the HP entry level model (1010) which I can pickup for about �95.00,
amazing really how cheap this stuff is.  Can't decide if I want 600dpi for a
B&W LaserJet or 1200dpi ??

B&W LaserJet aside, I still want a nice little colour printer but maybe I
should wait as I will be buying some *serious* Pro digital cameras very soon
so maybe I should wait till then for a decent Photo printer. . .

Still there seem to be a few nice looking colour inkjet printers for under
�100-00!
--
Wayne ][

0
Wayne
8/14/2004 5:02:51 PM
In article <411e4586$1_2@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>, Wayne Youngman wrote:

> "Povl H. Pedersen" wrote
>> Myself:
>> I have a HP Laserjet 1200 for most of my prints (75%)
>> I have a Canon S600 for the color prints (20%)
>> I have an epson RX500 for Photos (and for the scanner, and
>> occasionally uses the copy function directly, and sometimes
>> to the laser).
>

> Hi Povl ,
>
> thanks for reply.  Any idea *which* CANON printer came top?

Looking at the overall test, Epson R800 wins on quality.
Rated Very Good/Good.
Canon i865 and i560 wins the "Best Buy" award. Both rated of equal
quality and low printing price.
Other printers in the "Good" category are:
Canon i990 + i905D + i475D.
HP Photosmart 7960
Epson Stylus Photo R200 + R300.

> I have been a ink-jet user for many years, but its just the last year or so
> that I began to see that laser printers are quite neat too.  I was looking
> at the HP entry level model (1010) which I can pickup for about �95.00,
> amazing really how cheap this stuff is.  Can't decide if I want 600dpi for a
> B&W LaserJet or 1200dpi ??

The HP 1200 dpi is Pseudo DPI, which is easy to see on photos, which are not
nearly as good as 1200 dpi can make it. My LJ 1200 is pseudo-1200 dpi, and
works pretty well except for photos.

They also tested 6 laser printers. Here 3 god "Good"
HP Laserjet 1010, Canon LBP-3200 and Kyocera FS-1010.

"Average"/"Good" was given to
Epson EPL-62000L
Konica Minolta PagePro 1300w
Brother HL-1430

> B&W LaserJet aside, I still want a nice little colour printer but maybe I
> should wait as I will be buying some *serious* Pro digital cameras very soon
> so maybe I should wait till then for a decent Photo printer. . .

I have the Canon 300D, which could be considered a serious Pro digicam,
but it depends on the glass in front of the sensor. Goood optics is
difficult to find much below $500-$700.

> Still there seem to be a few nice looking colour inkjet printers for under
> �100-00!

The cheapest that scored "Good" here is the i560.

IMHO you should get at least 6 colors. There is a huge difference.

--
Povl H. Pedersen - NoSpam@my.terminal.dk (yes - it works)
SIPPhone: 1-747.NOT.BYYI (668.2994) - Free Internet Phone
0
Povl
8/14/2004 7:39:22 PM

Wayne Youngman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I didn't post here for nearly 3 years, but I now need a new printer.  I have
> been using an EPSON Stylus Colour 980, but the Print-Head got knackered
> after I used some cheap ink cartridges.
>
> Anyway I have been without a printer for 3 months, pain so I got a bit of
> spare cash, was looking in the �50.00-�100-00 price range.  It's a little
> bit confusing now since each manufacturer have so many different models
> (why?).
>
> I do allot of document printing, and occasionally knock out the odd Photo
> print (just to show off :P) and print allot of CD-Labels.  I have a
> CD-Printing system in place so I'm not too fussed about being able to print
> *direct* to CD but mainly I want to get a printer that uses *BIG* ink tanks
> (like my 980) and is *economical* to run.  I don't mind if it doesn't have
> multi colour inks, just one black tank and one colour tank will do me
> (unless u can explain otherwise?).
>
> Thanks for reading, and I will now have a good *trawl* through the posts
> here. . .

FWIW, The latest issue of Consumer Reports rated the Canon i860 as its
best buy, as well as its best performer.
Photo Quality was excellent, but they consider several other variables
in addition to Photo Quality, in making their judgment
You may want to check out the article at your Public Library.

BTW, don't toss your 980 just yet.
I have found a simple way to unclog Epson Jets.
If you have an old used cartridge, cut off the top of the cartridge and
wash out the sponge material. Rinse the cartridge and sponge in
distilled (or de-ionized) water and allow to dry. Replace the sponges,
fill the cartridge with WINDEX and re-install the old cartridge. Put the
printer through about 10 CONSECUTIVE cleaning cycles. (When done
consecutively, each cycle is more aggressive than the previous one).
Remove the cleaning cartridge and replace it with a new ink cartridge.
Run the ink cartridge thru 2-3 cleaning cycles to fill the feed line
with ink and Voila!. It should work like new.
Bob Williams

0
Bob
8/14/2004 10:11:09 PM
Povl H. Pedersen wrote:

> Henry wrote:

> > Is this info online anywhere?
>
> Only to subscribers of their magazine. Nobody else knows
> that the username is...

Tak.

Henry Larsen
0
henry999
8/15/2004 8:13:28 AM
Povl H. Pedersen wrote:

> IMHO you should get at least 6 colors. There is a huge difference.

Do you say that there is huge difference between i560 witch uses 4
color and R200 with 6 colors?

--
# Lukasz Ledochowski
# GG:503647
> Do you say that there is huge difference between i560 witch uses 4
> color and R200 with 6 colors?

Hi,
well I bought the EPSON R200 which uses 6 colours and I have to say that the
results are *very* good!
--
Wayne ][

0
Wayne
8/23/2004 9:42:02 PM
Wayne Youngman wrote:

> well I bought the EPSON R200 which uses 6 colours and I have to say
> that the results are very good!

I know the results are very good. I've worked with R300 but I want to
know the difference in quality to i560.

--
# Lukasz Ledochowski
# GG:503647
In article <cgd2no$rc6$2@inews.gazeta.pl>, Lukasz Ledochowski wrote:
> Povl H. Pedersen wrote:
>
>> IMHO you should get at least 6 colors. There is a huge difference.
>
> Do you say that there is huge difference between i560 witch uses 4
> color and R200 with 6 colors?

I have a 4 color Canon S600, and the difference to a 6 color printer
like the Canon R300 / RX500 (all-in-one which I have) is HUGE. There
is no comparison.

The Canon is not used for Photos any more.

--
Povl H. Pedersen - NoSpam@my.terminal.dk (yes - it works)
Fastnet - IP telefoni: 5 kr/md Se  http://www.misumi.dk
Povl H. Pedersen wrote:

> I have a 4 color Canon S600, and the difference to a 6 color printer
> like the Canon R300 / RX500 (all-in-one which I have) is HUGE. There
> is no comparison.
>
> The Canon is not used for Photos any more.

I've seen pictures from some 4 color printers and results varied from
one to other. Some of them had pretty good quality even when we compare
to R200/300. I just want to know the quality of i560:)

--
# Lukasz Ledochowski
# GG:503647

HP papers for Canon inkjet printers
Yesterday, HP premium Plus 4 x 6 papers were sale on Woot.com. Without any thought, I ordered some( I did not receive it yet). I am wondering whether HP photopapers are compatible with Canon inkjet printers or not. BTW, I went Costco to buy more Kirkland photopapers. It seems that Kirkland papers are no longer available in Costco. Is that correct? Craig Craig wrote: >Yesterday, HP premium Plus 4 x 6 papers were sale on Woot.com. >Without any thought, I ordered some( I did not receive it yet). >I am wondering whether HP photopapers are compatible with Canon...

Cost of Ink, HP vs. Epson inkjets
In my experience Epson ink runs out more often and is more expensive than HP. We owned an HP 3310 all-in-one 2007-2008, and now have an Epson Workforce 600 and Artisan 700. One year's worth of ink is twice the cost of the printer, which was abt. $150! Does anyone have an opinion about current models of HP inkjet all-in-ones? -- VidBex From: "VidBex" <dd00001@yahoo.com> > In my experience Epson ink runs out more often and is more expensive than > HP. We owned an HP 3310 all-in-one 2007-2008, and now have an Epson > Workforce 600 and Artisan 700....

Input on HP 5150, HP 5550, or HP 5650 inkjet printers
Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650 inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but will also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the quality of print is important to me Does anyone have any feedback on experiences they've had with any of these printers? Thanks, Joanne My results with the 5550 & HP papers are excellent. ===================================== "Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message news:N_0ib.284895$Lnr1.182933...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Epson Ink, Canon Ink, HP Inkjet
Cdrdvdrmedia.com (http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com) - Online store for ink, epson inkjet, epson inkjet cartridge, epson toner cartridge, canon inkjet, canon inkjet cartridge, canon toner cartridge, hp inkjet, hp inkjet cartridge, hp toner cartridge, computer hardware and accessories. Feel free to browse our website for more information. E-mail:sales@cdrdvdrmedia.com Address: 18961 East Arenth Ave. City of Industry, CA 91748 Office Hours: 08:30AM ~ 05:30PM PST Tel: 1-626-854-2145 Toll Free: 1-888-813-5667 Fax: 1-626-854-6553 Website: http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com <cksupplier@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122363722.749478.19410@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Online store for ink, > epson inkjet, epson inkjet cartridge, epson toner cartridge, canon Comp.periphs.printers is not a forsale group. Please do not post commercial or other sale items here. - Bob Headrick SPAMMING MOTHERFUCKER cksupplier@gmail.com wrote: >Cdrdvdrmedia.com (http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com) - Online store for ink, >epson inkjet, epson inkjet cartridge, epson toner cartridge, canon >inkjet, canon inkjet cartridge, canon toner cartridge, hp inkjet, hp >inkjet cartridge, hp toner cartridge, computer hardware >and accessories. > >Feel free to browse our website for more information. > >E-mail:sales@cdrdvdrmedia.com >Address: 18961 East Arenth Ave. City of Industry, CA 91748 >Office Hours: 08:30AM ~ 05:30PM PST ...

Epson r300 Vs Canon PIXMA IP3000 : Running costs
Can anyone offer me advice on which of the two is better value for money?. I dont want to spend a fortune on a printer. I'd be doing the occasional text printing etc. But I'd also like to try printing off my own photo's. My aim is to get a cheap and cheerful photo printer that will do the job but at the least cost. which of these has the cheapest consumables? I understand that Epsons really need to use their own paper as you may get blotching. Is this true?. How about the canons? would i have to stick to their branded papers?. How about ink costs?. Im kinda leaning towards the canon as i like the space/antidust design, plus I still use the old cannon bj240 printer which has served me well. Im not too fussed about the lack of card reader as picbridge is fine for me. Also, are the prints water resistant etc?is this down to the paper or the ink? . Lol, Sorry bout the questions.. Any advice would be greately appreciated!. Confused The IP3000 uses the same old ink that Canon has used for a long time, it's cheap, widely available and very easy to refill. Print quality is excellent, and it's also a full duplexing printer which is cool. 2 paper feeds, and a very nice driver. There are reports of print head failures, but I've not had any issues with it. It's an amazingly good value. "PJHarvey98" <pjharvey98@aol.com> wrote in message news:20041213081428.23235.00002067@mb-m03.aol.com... > Can anyone offer me...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for Epson, I don't know about Canon. Pipermedic In article pipermedic says... > I believe that Canon has the > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for > Epson, I don't know about Canon. > > > Canon carts don't have chips. If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills. Definitely Epson R300. But you said: "2. Economy. Although I can get th...

Which Canon inkjet printer?
I currently use a Canon ip4000 ink jet printer. I would like to add another ink jet printer which performs better than ip4000. BTW, I like ip4000 but there is no reason to buy the same printer. Please advise me. TIA. Craig Craig wrote: > I currently use a Canon ip4000 ink jet printer. > I would like to add another ink jet printer which performs better than > ip4000. > BTW, I like ip4000 but there is no reason to buy the same printer. > Please advise me. TIA. Craig It would help if you would define the term "performs better". Do you want f...

HP Printer Run On
I don't know if other printers do this but HP printers do. I have a Deskjet 842c and after the paper jams and its cleared the printer thjen prints garbage. Can'tanything be done to stop this. I mean there had to be softwar that can detect the garbage and there has to be a way to sinmply rest the printer and complete the job. "Ho" <homasubimiyamoto@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1136645701.502310.97080@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I don't know if other printers do this but HP printers do. I have a > Deskjet 842c and after the paper jams an...

Looking for a good HP/Epson printer that is similar to Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX...
This Sunday, I am going to buy a new printer from a local retail store (Fry's Electronics, Costco, Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, Office Depot, Staples, The Good Guys, etc.) in Los Angeles, CA area. I have narrowed down to Hewlett Packard and Epson brands. I am still having a hard time picking specific models to get for my requirements. From what I read and heard, these two brands will do well. Both http://www.salescircular.com/ca.shtml and http://ads.myoc.com/onlineads/common/generic-search-handler.jsp?keywords=Frys (Fry's ads) have a large selection of printers on sales, but ...

Epson or Canon Printer..
It's time to buy a new photo printer and I've always used Epson, my current model is the Stylus Photo 820. But I see Canon has quite a few nice photo printers. In the past my Epson prints were better than my neighbor's Canon prints. Is Epson still a better photo printer? In the past, I was told the Canon print cartridge had the print head so changing the cartridge was like getting a new print head. Is that true? I ask because I know my Epson doesn't work like that and I've learned how to use Windex on the little sponge in the printer to clean the clogged print head...

New printer time eek. .need duplex,economy,laser or inkjet (HP inkjet)
My HP 950C was doing great, then it started to play up. An upgrade or two later including Vista means my trusty 950c with duplex unit has bit the dust. Sooooo, I'm looking for a current model (I need vista drivers for it) printer. A mono laser would do or a deskjet, I'd very much like Duplex and cheapish to buy and cheap to run. I'm on Dialup in Australia so web research on this is killing me. Any ideas? "Anon" <spareemail.news@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1180455356.825976.138880@a26g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > My HP 950C was d...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Epson 850 Inkjet Printers
We have been supplying Epson 850 inkjets for a couple of years for users of older computers (mainly Sinclairs) and programs running in DOS which need a parallel printer and cannot work with modern USB / Windows printers. We are now down to our last Epson 850, but still have a ready supply of original EPSON inkjet cartridges which we supply at less than =A310 each (still in date!!). However, what we need to know is what other printers can be used? There are some programs available which capture the DOS printer commands and redirect them to the Windows driver (presuming yo...

hp inkjet printer recommendations
Looking for a new hp inkjet printer to replace my hp940c. Would like one that does a full A4 size print also large cartridges similar to my 940c (25ml black) seems like the new ones have very small cartridges. Any recommendations please? thanks In article <m3uYb.1580$AQ4.452591@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net>, nospam@virgin.net says... > Looking for a new hp inkjet printer to replace my hp940c. Would like one > that does a full A4 size print also large cartridges similar to my 940c > (25ml black) seems like the new ones have very small cartridges. > Any recommen...

Are Canon Printers As Good As Epson?
I'm nearly ready to buy a new printer and am sick of the Epson ink bullshit- constant head clogging and cleaning of inks- but like their printer output. My girlfriend has a lower end Canon and loves it over the Epson she once had. I'm in the market for whatever high end printer Canon may have. My questions are- Is the output as good as Epson; Do they now have archival inks; Can the inks be refilled with one of the higher end ink systems like the Epsons; Is there a similar head clogging problem with Canon; I'm working on large scale panoramas- does Canon have facilities ...

canon inkjet with Epson paper?
I think I have enough with the Epson inkjet printers. The printhead clog regularly. I can unclog them but the ink also get use up rather fast. I didn't print many photos either. I am wondering if I get a Canon printer (maybe i9900), can I still use the Epson "Premium Glossy" and "ColorLife" paper with good result? What about the printer/paper profile? TIA. l e o wrote: > I think I have enough with the Epson inkjet printers. The printhead clog > regularly. I can unclog them but the ink also get use up rather fast. I > didn't print many photos either. I am wondering if I get a Canon printer > (maybe i9900), can I still use the Epson "Premium Glossy" and > "ColorLife" paper with good result? What about the printer/paper > profile? TIA. Not familiar with Epson Premium Glossy or ColorLife. But I use or have used Epson Glossy Photo Paper with Canon iP4000/iP5000 and i860 printers and can assure you it prints perfectly. I have also used the same paper without a hitch on a Lexmark Z55. The i9900 printer uses BCI-6 type cartridges, I believe, same as for the Canon printers mentioned above, so I would say the paper should work fine. Can't help you with profiles as I don't use them. Canon printers have a tendency to clog less (makes no difference if it's Canon ink or other brand), but you can still get a clogged printhead if you don't use it frequently enough. Prin...

Epson paper in Canon printer
Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper 255gsm. I'd be interested in knowing the results. Thanks Rescho ....or any Canon printer that uses BCI-6X series cartridges. Rescho "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? > Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper 255gsm. > I'd be interested in knowing the results. > Thanks > Rescho > > Rescho wrote: > ...or any Canon printer that uses BCI-6X series cartridges. > Rescho > "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message > news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... >> Has anyone used Epson paper in a Canon s9000 printer? >> Specifically the paper is Epson S041706 Premium Glossy Photo Paper >> 255gsm. I'd be interested in knowing the results. >> Thanks >> Rescho Not me yet, but i did hear that Epson papers do quite nicely on Canon printers...i must try one day. But i did try HP everyday semigloss photo paper on my ip4000 and ....disaster! Ink doesn't dry at all on that one... "Rescho" <peterreschREMOVE@THISoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:41fc8f0d$0$1025$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au....

Printer With Low Running Costs
Hi there, Whats the best all round Printer to Buy for Home Use with special consideration given to running costs i.e cost of consumables ink refills Brand and Model appreciated Thanks, Heidi Canon, any model with individual ink tanks. For lowest costs and availability of easy refills and compatibles, look for an older model, IP4000, IP5000. They can still be found. "Heidi Manway" <heidimanway@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1164894162.549046.156220@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, > > Whats the best all round Printer to Buy fo...

Epson 840 Inkjet Printers
We have been supplying Epson 850 inkjets for a couple of years for users of older computers (mainly Sinclairs) and programs running in DOS which need a parallel printer and cannot work with modern USB / Windows printers. We are now down to our last Epson 850, but still have a ready supply of original EPSON inkjet cartridges which we supply at less than =A310 each (still in date!!). However, what we need to know is what other printers can be used? There are some programs available which capture the DOS printer commands and redirect them to the Windows driver (presuming your comp...

Junk HP InkJet Printers !?!?
Hello Everyone, I'll set the stage then ask the question.  The first printer I bought in 1979 was an EPSON MX-80.  I went through so many boxes of paper I can't remember.  In 1996 I was still using it on my '386 but wanted an ink jet.  I bought a HP-660C which at the time was one of the better ones.  I was happy till August 2003 when it died.  I selectively purchased a HP-6122 inkjet, again one of the better ones at the time.   That HP died today, I used one 41mL ink cartrage and just bought a new about 3 weeks ago.  I have gone through five packs of paper (2500 sheets).  I calculated it cost me 16 cents per sheet to own that garbage.  Both of my printers died from an electronics failure probably on the main board. I know EPSON is doing a good job supporting LINUX with their scanner software and drivers so I was wondering if they might have a printer that stands out in the price/performance/longevity arena. If any of you have knowledge of a decent inkjet would you please pass that info along.  I am also wondering if anyone else is ticked off about the printer RACKET.&...

Low running cost printer
Hi I have recently bought a Lexmark ZX1130 scanner/printer, I like the printer for its fast switch-on/print time, and the results are OK, not the fastest printer , the scanner is first class, almost worth the cost of the printer for the scanner alone, but the cost of ink cartridges is mad. What is a "reasonable" printer which is cheap to run? ive looked at Canon, these seem cheap for ink cartridges but the carts look a little small. Thanks in advance BoB "bob" <sorry@spamboys.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:cispda$3n3$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk... > Hi > I have recently bought a Lexmark ZX1130 scanner/printer, > I like the printer for its fast switch-on/print time, and the results are > OK, not the fastest printer , the scanner is first class, almost worth > the cost of the printer for the scanner alone, but the cost of ink cartridges is > mad. > What is a "reasonable" printer which is cheap to run? ive looked at Canon, > these seem cheap for ink cartridges but the carts look a little small. > > Thanks in advance > > BoB +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "If you are poor, buy expensive shoes"!-because expensive shoes lasts longer. Buy a color laser printer HP color LaserJet 2550L. Yellow-cyan-magenta- color 4000 prints Black color 5000 prints. Colorprints on cheap paper. Greets Jens See if PrintPal.com has the carts... "bob" <sorry...

Epson c4000
This is a little long, sorry guys & gals, but please bear with me... A group that I do some work for has just purchased an Epson Acculaser C4000PS - to print posters, flyers and programmes - this is a great device and will easily do these tasks, with time to spare. So I got to thinking about offering a printing service to our members, to help generate a little revenue and perhaps do some people a good turn - we don't need to make massive profits. However - trying to arrive a price per copy on this beast is a little complex - I have taken the stated page values for all the consumables the costs for these items as a start point, plus paper costs - these divided out and then summed together gives me values of c1.5p and 7.5p per sheet (UK pence) for B/W and Colour respectively. I have included toner, fuser, transfer belt and drum in my spreadsheet. So my questions are - the stated page values are all for 5% B/W or Colour coverage - is this value realistic? How can you calculate it for a given job, if indeed you need to care, a typed letter with a colour logo against say a colour poster? Do these variation effect all consumable usage, just toner, or are the differences over time toosmall to bother about? If we forget the capital cost of the device itself, since we have purchased it for our own use anyway, are there any other factors that I need to factor in to a costing model? We are a small group, so running costs for this device are ...

Cartridge for HP Epson Canon
Usinker Ink Cartridge , special offer , suitable all HP, EPSON,CANON inkjet printer , welcome to visit our web site http://www.xibase.net/products.php or call (852)2683 2829 ...

Web resources about - Cheapest Running Costs - Colout Inkjet (Epson, HP, Canon) - comp.periphs.printers

OpenStreetCab: find the cheapest taxi for your trip in New York City on the App Store on iTunes
Get OpenStreetCab: find the cheapest taxi for your trip in New York City on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Michio Kaku: The Cheapest Way to Terraform Mars - YouTube
http://bigthink.com Rather than hauling heavy atmospheric pumps from earth, the way to create a habitable atmosphere on Mars is to take advantage ...

Cheapest units in Australia (01:28)
Beachmere resident Charlie Sparrow talks about why the bayside town north of Brisbane is 'a great place' despite units selling for a median price ...

The cheapest new Ferrari money can buy is absolutely gorgeous
Just could not stop staring. That’s our verdict after spending a weekend with the Ferrari T hardtop convertible. This glossy “Rosso California” ...

Canberra cheapest of Australian cities, crowdsourcing site says
Canberra has been named as the 26th most expensive city in the world, but one of the cheapest major cities in Australia to live in, by a website ...

World's cheapest Michelin-starred restaurant Tim Ho Wan heading to Australia
... next year. Brisbane is also on the radar. The Hong Kong eatery that emerged as a global food destination after it was named the world's cheapest ...

Australia cheapest country for mobile phone users, says OECD report
... A new report from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development found Australia beat the United Kingdom and France as the cheapest ...

Revealed: the cheapest car to own and run
Mitsubishi Mirage city car named as cheapest vehicle to own and run by NRMA.

Australian 3D metal printer claims to be the cheapest on the market
A Perth startup has launched a Kickstarter campaign for what it says is the cheapest 3D metal printer in the world.