Computer won't allow Printer To Be Added... and dies when HP Network Printer Wizard Runss..

One of my WIN98SE networked printers won't add printers.

Two other computers on the network nicely added the new printer with no
problems.  There is a DirectJet 500 printer server on the network which
is functional

For the troublesome computer, the Printer applet in Control Pannel and
in My Computer just won't run. These run on the other networked computers.

When I run HP Network Printer Setup Wizard, it dies or claims the
printer isn't networked, on this particular computer. The wizard runs
fine on the other networked computers.

The network protocols active are TCP/IP and IPX.

I have downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of the Wizard.

Keepsake gift for young girls.
Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.
Builds strong minds 12 ways.
Guaranteed satisfaction
- courteous money back
- keep bonus gifts

  http://www.alicebook.com

0
jbuch

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

using shared deskjet 720c (win 98 se) on another computer computer (win XP) but printer isn't in list of printers
Hello. Is there another computer that could be selected from the list that comes with Windows 87 Second Edition? The Deskjet 720 c isn't on the list. I tried to install the software on win98se machine but the install program is looking for an LPT port but I want to install it as a network shared printer. If I use "Add Printer" it prompts me to select from a list. The closest HP Deskjet on this list is 690c, 692c, 693c, 694c, 850c, 855c, etc. Can I substitute a lower number? How should I proceed? Thanks! Rich Hollenbeck Oops! I know there is no Windows 87! Doh! I mean...

Only allow a printer server on network printer
How can I set up a network printer to only use a printer server from WinNT or Win2000 servers if the printer is network enabled (say an HP printer with a JetDirect card and its own IP)? Is it configurable through the JetAdmin utility? Do I have to setup a filtering firewall perhaps to the printer? TIA Patrick ...

Can't set up the HP Printer on DSL Box on the Shared Printer port...
Hi Group, Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I did on the girlfriends! We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer). I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router, the pri...

Printer Issues - Change AD Password
Hi there, I currently use my Mac in a Windows only office. They have many printers and file shares set up with SMB sharing. They use Active Directory to authenticate users to the domain, as well as the shares. They are a requirement to change the password every 30 days. Unfortunately, this screws up the Windows network printers that I have added into my Mac. There seems to be NO way in the 10.3.5 GUI to change the password of a previously existing SMB network printer. Is there such a way? Is there a key that I need to press? Is there a command line terminal command to ent...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Can't delete printer from Printers Folder
When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and have to restart. Thanks, Patrick Les Moore wrote: > When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I > need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This > happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers > installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program > like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and > have to restart. > > Thanks, > Patrick Did you try deleting it in safe mode? On 5 May 2004 08:57:59 -0700, patrick_sdc@hotmail.com (Les Moore) wrote: >When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I >need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes. This >happens as soon as I click on the printer icon. I have other printers >installed that work fine. But any time I change printers in a program >like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and >have to restart. > >Thanks, >Patrick Try Control Panel/Add/Remove Hardware. -- Hecate Hecate@newsguy.com veni, vidi, reliqui ...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Printer trays.....network printers
Still having a problem here... If I define a Xerox printer with two Ldev nos, with data_intray=1 on one ldev, and data_intray = 4 on the other, I can send interleaved spool files to them and it works beautifully. If I remove data_intray = 4, and try to use setup_file=x.hpenv where x contains <Esc>&l4H (PCL for use lower tray), nothing works, it doesnt even rotate to landscape (understand that part). If I embed the esc sequence in the data at start it works, but thats not a viable solution. In fact if I send the tray value anything from 2 to 5, it uses bottom tray. I want t...

HP Printer won't scan... augh!
Just got a new HP printer,,HP Officejet J5780 All-in-One,,but it won't scan. Everything else works fine, but when I try to scan it says No scan options, and also tells me that there is 'no connection to the PC'. I've tried re-installing the software, and other things, but no luck. It faxes and prints without problems. I'm using updated XP Any clues? Thanks ...

XP won't install network printer
I'm attempting to connect a Windows XP "Home" system to a shared printer on a Windows NT 4 system via peer-to-peer networking. The trouble I'm having is that when installing the printer on XP, a diagnostic message pops up saying that XP cannot connect because the NT system doesn't have a compatible printer driver. Then the printer setup just aborts! (I don't think it's a networking problem, I can browse shared directories on the NT system, and the NT system can print to XP printers.) On Win9x systems one could manually specify a printer driver for a n...

Canon printer won't recognize network
My my Canon MX882 had been connected to my network. The setup was easy after I bought my printer. It displayed the network, I entered the passcode and it work! However, I recently replaced my router and have a new access point code. Desktop, laptop, iPad and e-reader all connected. But the printer doesn't show the network! It shows all the networks in the building, my neighbor's for instance, but not my network. I tried manually entering it, but that doesn't work. I'm at a loss... any ideas? Thanks - From: "dcblogs administrator" <dcblogs@gmail.com>...

Classic won't work with HP printer
A client of mine has a small ethernet network, using 1 iMac Flat-Panel and 2 eMacs. There's an Asante' hub to connect them and an HP 4050 TN printer.One of the eMacs was bought maybe 6 months ago, and the other was bought about 10 days ago. The latest eMac won't print on the HP printer, although the others will, whether in os x or classic. These three are mostly used on a proprietary program, DentalMac. When I discovered the printing problem on the latest eMac, I tried printing from SimpleText (in Classic). I get an error message "SimpleText is unable to print this document....

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

Re: Classic won't work with HP printer
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --MS_Mac_OE_3192863232_803600_MIME_Part Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On Friday, March 4, 2005, Michael Vilain (vilain@spamcop.net) said: <Start complaining to the DentalMac support people that you're paying good money for a program that's running on an unsupported OS. MacOS 9 hasn't been updated in quite some time nor will it be. Ask when they're releasing their MacOS X versi...

My computer won't recognize Dell 1700 printer
My Dell Dimension 2400 desktop computer...Windows XP...won't recognize my Dell 1700 mono printer. When I go through the setup wizard, the message says "can't install driver." I am using a parallel cable to connect the printer and the computer. Any suggestions? Thanks, David Couple of things to try. Make sure the parallel port is enabled in your bios and has an address. Additionally there may be several settings for the port; 'enhanced', etc. Check the documentation of the printer to see which setting is indicated. Go to Dell and download the latest ...

Remote computers can't print to network printer
We're running a peer-to-peer Windows XP network. One computer has a HP Laserjet 4 attached to it by parallel cable. I've shared that printer on the network, and it is visible from all the other machines. However, if I try to print to it from a network machine, the print job doesn't make it. However, if I first print *something* from the computer that's physically connected to the printer, then I can print to it all I want from the network machines. I can't figure out what could be wrong. ...

3570 Canon Networked Printer won't print
I'm trying to setup a 3570 Canon Printer on my network. The printer and workstations are all in the same subnet. When trying to print a test page to the printer's ip address I can see that the job goes into the print queue (from a windows 2000 machine) for a second and has a job status of "printing". It then goes out of the queue as if the job completed and was sent to the printer. During this time the 3570 Canon Printer makes some noise as if the print job is going to print (for about 1 to 2 seconds) and then stops. Nothing comes out of the printer. I get no e...

I can't use a network printer (HP 2300N)
I am unable to use my network printer HP 2300N with my JDS. The CUPS have no driver for the printer and the vendor also not provide any driver. after installing with others driver I got the error message " No valid License for the printer" Can anybody help me.....pls szahid@gmail.com (B.G.D) writes: > >I am unable to use my network printer HP 2300N with my JDS. The CUPS >have no driver for the printer and the vendor also not provide any >driver. after installing with others driver I got the error message " >No valid License for the printer" > What is a ...

HP Deskjet printer won't print black
I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. Thanks Carol wrote: > I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it > stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and > cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. > > I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. > > Thanks Stupid question time- did you pull off the tape covering the print nozzles? "Carol" <googlemail2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:36f36d84.0407200645.c934c86@posting.google.com... > I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it > stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and > cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. Start by disconnecting the computer and doing a simple diagnostic print as shown at: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd07098&product=61012&dlc=en&lang=en#N1017E If this prints a simple nozzle pattern of black, cyan, magenta and yellow then the problem may lie with your driver. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP MS MVP Printing/Imaging googlemail2003@yahoo.com (Carol) wrote in message news:<36f36d84.0407200645.c934c86@...

Re: Classic Won't work with HP printer #2
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --MS_Mac_OE_3192889244_2366392_MIME_Part Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 3/5/05, at 12:11 PM, Charles Dyer wrote: <snip> >>That said... you have a LJ4050. I _do_ hope that you don't have the USB version, 'cause if you do, I suspect that you're screwed. If you have the USB version, I'd get the Direct Jet thing and put the printer on Ethernet. You'll have no troub...

Re: Classic won't work with HP Printer #3
> On 2005-03-04 07:25:08 -0800, Ed Kearns <kearnser@comcast.net> said: > >> A client of mine has a small ethernet network, using 1 iMac Flat-Panel and 2 >> eMacs. There's an Asante' hub to connect them and an HP 4050 TN printer.One >> of the eMacs was bought maybe 6 months ago, and the other was bought about >> 10 days ago. The latest eMac won't print on the HP printer, although the >> others will, whether in os x or classic. These three are mostly used on a >> proprietary program, DentalMac. >> >> When I discovered the...

Re: Classic won't work with HP printer #5
In article <BE5626C5.101A5%kearnser@comcast.net>, Ed Kearns <kearnser@comcast.net> wrote: > In <BE55B6F6.10154%kearnser@comcast.net>, Ed Kearns wrote: > > I downloaded HP's latest drivers for this printer (which in > > preparing to install, mentioned a "Classic" version it would install), > > and now can print from OS X, but still can't print from Classic. > > > >>on March 10, Tacit wrote: > Run a Classic program, select the Chooser from the Classic Apple menu, > and choose the printer. > > > I've...

Web resources about - Computer won't allow Printer To Be Added... and dies when HP Network Printer Wizard Runss.. - comp.periphs.printers