Do the print heads current Canon printers clog up?

Having had some frustrations with Epson inkjets in the past, I was wondering
if the current Canon printers ever do this?  I have been using lasers for a
while, but I need to get good colour prints now, and so I decided to get an
inkjet for general use.

If I use the colour printing rarely, I suppose they will get clogged up?
Would keeping the printer powered on reduce the chance of clogged print
heads?  I would really like to avoid having to do that is possible.

ss.

0
Synapse

"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message
> Having had some frustrations with Epson inkjets in the past, I was
> wondering if the current Canon printers ever do this?  I have been using
> lasers for a while, but I need to get good colour prints now, and so I
> decided to get an inkjet for general use.
>
> If I use the colour printing rarely, I suppose they will get clogged up?
> Would keeping the printer powered on reduce the chance of clogged print
> heads?  I would really like to avoid having to do that is possible.
>
> ss.

All inkjet printers have the potential to clog if not used with some
frequency.  The safest might be a printer that has the printheads
encorporated into the replaceable cartridge.  If it clogs you just have to
replace the cartridge.  This can be a more expensive alternative as a cart
with printhead encorporated has to be more expensive to produce.  I don't
know HP printers at all, but I believe that several, if not all, have the
printhead encorporated into the ink cartridge.  There is also a fairly new
Canon printer that has the printhead in the replaceable ink cartridge.

All inkjet printers have automatic cleaning cycles.  As I understand it,
some do a cleaning on power up.  In addition, after a certain number of
prints, and/or after the printer sits idle for a certain amount of time,
more cleaning cycles are run.  I don't know if leaving the printer on will
save you cleaning cycles.  In addition, since the cleaning cycles are
designed to prevent clogs, a seldom used printer needs those cleaning cycles
to keep ink from drying out in the nozzles.

0
Burt
1/25/2008 5:44:48 PM
"Burt" <nospam@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> Having had some frustrations with Epson inkjets in the past, I was
>> wondering if the current Canon printers ever do this?  I have been using
>> lasers for a while, but I need to get good colour prints now, and so I
>> decided to get an inkjet for general use.
>>
>> If I use the colour printing rarely, I suppose they will get clogged up?
>> Would keeping the printer powered on reduce the chance of clogged print
>> heads?  I would really like to avoid having to do that is possible.
>
> All inkjet printers have the potential to clog if not used with some
> frequency.  The safest might be a printer that has the printheads
> encorporated into the replaceable cartridge.  If it clogs you just have to
> replace the cartridge.  This can be a more expensive alternative as a cart
> with printhead encorporated has to be more expensive to produce.  I don't
> know HP printers at all, but I believe that several, if not all, have the
> printhead encorporated into the ink cartridge.  There is also a fairly new
> Canon printer that has the printhead in the replaceable ink cartridge.
>
> All inkjet printers have automatic cleaning cycles.  As I understand it,
> some do a cleaning on power up.  In addition, after a certain number of
> prints, and/or after the printer sits idle for a certain amount of time,
> more cleaning cycles are run.  I don't know if leaving the printer on will
> save you cleaning cycles.  In addition, since the cleaning cycles are
> designed to prevent clogs, a seldom used printer needs those cleaning
> cycles to keep ink from drying out in the nozzles.

Yeah, it was all those cleaning cycles that used lots of ink with my
previous Epsons.  A lot of the time there would still be gaps in the test
pattern.  I found that a tiny but of ethanol on the print head sorted it
out.

What I really would like to know is how often Canon printer owners
experience clogged heads, and how often they use their printers.

I guess it makes no difference now anyway, as I have already ordered an
iP4500.

ss.

0
Synapse
1/25/2008 6:14:59 PM
Synapse Syndrome wrote:
> "Burt" <nospam@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>> Having had some frustrations with Epson inkjets in the past, I was
>>> wondering if the current Canon printers ever do this?  I have been using
>>> lasers for a while, but I need to get good colour prints now, and so I
>>> decided to get an inkjet for general use.
>>>
>>> If I use the colour printing rarely, I suppose they will get clogged up?
>>> Would keeping the printer powered on reduce the chance of clogged print
>>> heads?  I would really like to avoid having to do that is possible.
>> All inkjet printers have the potential to clog if not used with some
>> frequency.  The safest might be a printer that has the printheads
>> encorporated into the replaceable cartridge.  If it clogs you just have to
>> replace the cartridge.  This can be a more expensive alternative as a cart
>> with printhead encorporated has to be more expensive to produce.  I don't
>> know HP printers at all, but I believe that several, if not all, have the
>> printhead encorporated into the ink cartridge.  There is also a fairly new
>> Canon printer that has the printhead in the replaceable ink cartridge.
>>
>> All inkjet printers have automatic cleaning cycles.  As I understand it,
>> some do a cleaning on power up.  In addition, after a certain number of
>> prints, and/or after the printer sits idle for a certain amount of time,
>> more cleaning cycles are run.  I don't know if leaving the printer on will
>> save you cleaning cycles.  In addition, since the cleaning cycles are
>> designed to prevent clogs, a seldom used printer needs those cleaning
>> cycles to keep ink from drying out in the nozzles.
>

> Yeah, it was all those cleaning cycles that used lots of ink with my
> previous Epsons.  A lot of the time there would still be gaps in the test
> pattern.  I found that a tiny but of ethanol on the print head sorted it
> out.
>
> What I really would like to know is how often Canon printer owners
> experience clogged heads, and how often they use their printers.
>
> I guess it makes no difference now anyway, as I have already ordered an
> iP4500.

You can download software that will automatically print out a test page
at whatever time interval you choose to keep the head from drying out
from non-use.  I agree through that the printers that seem to have the
least issues with clogging are those that have the head integrated into
every cartridge and those are mostly HP models.
0
Michael
1/25/2008 7:24:38 PM
In article <JKednVOrzo2WbQTanZ2dnUVZ8qaqnZ2d@bt.com>,
 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote:

> Having had some frustrations with Epson inkjets in the past, I was wondering
> if the current Canon printers ever do this?  I have been using lasers for a
> while, but I need to get good colour prints now, and so I decided to get an
> inkjet for general use.
>
> If I use the colour printing rarely, I suppose they will get clogged up?
> Would keeping the printer powered on reduce the chance of clogged print
> heads?  I would really like to avoid having to do that is possible.

It's not scientific, but my MP500 has never had a clog and I only print
every few weeks. I've gone through about 3 sets of ink cartridges*

Canon printers have print heads that are very easy to replace so I
personally would not worry about it.

-- Russell

*I don't claim it's relevant, but I have been using Canon inks. It's not
economical, but Canon "got me" with their #$@# chips (I do want to know
when a cartridge runs out of ink) and partly I print occasional batches
of photos and want to be sure I get reasonable print life.
0
Russell
1/26/2008 12:58:43 AM
Russell E. Owen wrote:
> It's not scientific, but my MP500 has never had a clog...

Pardon my being clairvoyantly challenged, but please explain what an
"MP500" is, and who made it. Lack of mind-reading ability is an epidemic
that's growing out-of-control; it's the need of those afflicted to know
what posters are talking about.

Pray for us.

Richard
0
Richard
1/26/2008 4:11:49 AM
Richard Steinfeld wrote:
> Russell E. Owen wrote:
>> It's not scientific, but my MP500 has never had a clog...
>
> Pardon my being clairvoyantly challenged, but please explain what an
> "MP500" is, and who made it. Lack of mind-reading ability is an epidemic
> that's growing out-of-control; it's the need of those afflicted to know
> what posters are talking about.
>
> Pray for us.

Every done a Google search?  It isn't hard and you could have done it in
less time than it took you to type the ignorant, insulting post your
just made.  All it would take is typing "MP500" and "printer" and
hitting the Enter key.  I'll pray for you alright.  I'll pray you don't
get any lazier, or dumber, whichever the case may be.  I am far from
clairvoyant and understood exactly what CANON printer Russell was
referencing, even without a Google search.
0
Michael
1/26/2008 5:01:20 AM
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 00:01:20 -0500, Michael Johnson <cds@erols.com>
wrote:

>Richard Steinfeld wrote:
>> Russell E. Owen wrote:
>>> It's not scientific, but my MP500 has never had a clog...
>>
>> Pardon my being clairvoyantly challenged, but please explain what an
>> "MP500" is, and who made it. Lack of mind-reading ability is an epidemic
>> that's growing out-of-control; it's the need of those afflicted to know
>> what posters are talking about.
>>
>> Pray for us.
>
>Every done a Google search?  It isn't hard and you could have done it in
>less time than it took you to type the ignorant, insulting post your
>just made.  All it would take is typing "MP500" and "printer" and
>hitting the Enter key.  I'll pray for you alright.  I'll pray you don't
>get any lazier, or dumber, whichever the case may be.  I am far from
>clairvoyant and understood exactly what CANON printer Russell was
>referencing, even without a Google search.

I am very pleased to hear that we can all post in 'code' with the safe
assumption everyone will understand what we are talking about.
0
Edward
1/26/2008 6:09:30 AM
Edward W. Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 00:01:20 -0500, Michael Johnson <cds@erols.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Richard Steinfeld wrote:
>>> Pardon my being clairvoyantly challenged, but please explain what an
>>> "MP500" is, and who made it. Lack of mind-reading ability is an epidemic
>>> that's growing out-of-control; it's the need of those afflicted to know
>>> what posters are talking about.
>>>
>>> Pray for us.
>> Every done a Google search?  It isn't hard and you could have done it in
>> less time than it took you to type the ignorant, insulting post your
>> just made.  All it would take is typing "MP500" and "printer" and
>> hitting the Enter key.  I'll pray for you alright.  I'll pray you don't
>> get any lazier, or dumber, whichever the case may be.  I am far from
>> clairvoyant and understood exactly what CANON printer Russell was
>> referencing, even without a Google search.
>
> I am very pleased to hear that we can all post in 'code' with the safe
> assumption everyone will understand what we are talking about.

If someone is reading a post in a printer newsgroup titled "Do the print
heads current Canon printers clog up?" and then reads a response that
mentions MP500 and Canon in his posts it isn't a stretch to make the
connection.  Then again, maybe I'm a candidate to become a member of
MENSA sense I "got it".
0
Michael
1/26/2008 7:01:32 AM
Wow!  You are simply amazing... in fact, I think they should call you
Magic Johnson.  The man with whose "little head" is clairvoyant.

It is a lot easier and more efficient for the O.P. to clarify the nature
of the model being referred to than to ask each reader to do a Google
search, and it is also no real hassle for the O.P. to include a few more
words to single out the product he/she is referring to.

Art

Michael Johnson wrote:

> Richard Steinfeld wrote:
>
>> Russell E. Owen wrote:
>>
>>> It's not scientific, but my MP500 has never had a clog...
>>

>> Pardon my being clairvoyantly challenged, but please explain what an
>> "MP500" is, and who made it. Lack of mind-reading ability is an
>> epidemic that's growing out-of-control; it's the need of those
>> afflicted to know what posters are talking about.
>>
>> Pray for us.
>

> Every done a Google search?  It isn't hard and you could have done it in
> less time than it took you to type the ignorant, insulting post your
> just made.  All it would take is typing "MP500" and "printer" and
> hitting the Enter key.  I'll pray for you alright.  I'll pray you don't
> get any lazier, or dumber, whichever the case may be.  I am far from
> clairvoyant and understood exactly what CANON printer Russell was
> referencing, even without a Google search.
0
Arthur
1/27/2008 11:04:32 AM
The nice thing about MENSA is they don't test for personality or social
skills ;-)

Art

Michael Johnson wrote:

> Edward W. Thompson wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 00:01:20 -0500, Michael Johnson <cds@erols.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Every done a Google search?  It isn't hard and you could have done it
>>> in less time than it took you to type the ignorant, insulting post
>>> your just made.  All it would take is typing "MP500" and "printer"
>>> and hitting the Enter key.  I'll pray for you alright.  I'll pray you
>>> don't get any lazier, or dumber, whichever the case may be.  I am far
>>> from clairvoyant and understood exactly what CANON printer Russell
>>> was referencing, even without a Google search.
>>

>> I am very pleased to hear that we can all post in 'code' with the safe
>> assumption everyone will understand what we are talking about.
>

> If someone is reading a post in a printer newsgroup titled "Do the print
> heads current Canon printers clog up?" and then reads a response that
> mentions MP500 and Canon in his posts it isn't a stretch to make the
> connection.  Then again, maybe I'm a candidate to become a member of
> MENSA sense I "got it".
0
Arthur
1/27/2008 11:11:36 AM
"Russell E. Owen" <rowen@cesmail.net> wrote in message

> It's not scientific, but my MP500 has never had a clog and I only print
> every few weeks. I've gone through about 3 sets of ink cartridges*

Thanks for telling me about your real-world experience.

> *I don't claim it's relevant, but I have been using Canon inks. It's not
> economical, but Canon "got me" with their #$@# chips (I do want to know
> when a cartridge runs out of ink) and partly I print occasional batches
> of photos and want to be sure I get reasonable print life.

I am not going to waste my time with cheap refilling inks.  Whatever people
say about them, the fact is the quality is going to be variable, and with
the OEM inks, you know what you are getting.  I bought ready-filled cheap
cartridges once, and made a test print, of an identical picture I printed
out on original Epson ink, and places them both in a Window.  They both
faded over a whole summer, but the cheap one faded much more, and all that
was left was the blue.

ss.

0
Synapse
1/27/2008 12:30:36 PM
Arthur Entlich wrote:
> Wow!  You are simply amazing... in fact, I think they should call you
> Magic Johnson.  The man with whose "little head" is clairvoyant.

Call me whatever you chose.  Russell's post wasn't that cryptic.  He
made it in a PRINTER newsgroup.  If he had made it in alt.basket.weaving
then maybe you have a point.  You mean to tell me that you didn't know
an MP500 is a Canon printer?  Especially, when the thread is about Canon
printers and he mentions the Canon brand in his post.  Come on, I'm not
that bright and I don't think the rest of us here are that stupid.

> It is a lot easier and more efficient for the O.P. to clarify the nature
> of the model being referred to than to ask each reader to do a Google
> search, and it is also no real hassle for the O.P. to include a few more
> words to single out the product he/she is referring to.

..... and, IMO, it is better to do a Google search than be insulting for
no legitimate reason.  The simple fact is there was enough information
in Russell's post and the overall thread to ascertain the printer was a
Canon model.

> Art
>
> Michael Johnson wrote:
>
>> Richard Steinfeld wrote:

>>> Pardon my being clairvoyantly challenged, but please explain what an
>>> "MP500" is, and who made it. Lack of mind-reading ability is an
>>> epidemic that's growing out-of-control; it's the need of those
>>> afflicted to know what posters are talking about.
>>>
>>> Pray for us.
>>

>> Every done a Google search?  It isn't hard and you could have done it
>> in less time than it took you to type the ignorant, insulting post
>> your just made.  All it would take is typing "MP500" and "printer" and
>> hitting the Enter key.  I'll pray for you alright.  I'll pray you
>> don't get any lazier, or dumber, whichever the case may be.  I am far
>> from clairvoyant and understood exactly what CANON printer Russell was
>> referencing, even without a Google search.
0
Michael
1/27/2008 4:44:51 PM
.... and that would evidently work against you being a member.

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> The nice thing about MENSA is they don't test for personality or social
> skills ;-)
>
> Art
>

> Michael Johnson wrote:
>
>> Edward W. Thompson wrote:

>>> I am very pleased to hear that we can all post in 'code' with the safe
>>> assumption everyone will understand what we are talking about.
>>

>> If someone is reading a post in a printer newsgroup titled "Do the
>> print heads current Canon printers clog up?" and then reads a response
>> that mentions MP500 and Canon in his posts it isn't a stretch to make
>> the connection.  Then again, maybe I'm a candidate to become a member
>> of MENSA sense I "got it".
0
Michael
1/27/2008 4:45:33 PM
Synapse Syndrome wrote:
> "Russell E. Owen" <rowen@cesmail.net> wrote in message
>
>> It's not scientific, but my MP500 has never had a clog and I only print
>> every few weeks. I've gone through about 3 sets of ink cartridges*
>
> Thanks for telling me about your real-world experience.

Well, I'm happy to see that Russell's post was useful for you.  I guess
it wasn't so cryptic after all.

>> *I don't claim it's relevant, but I have been using Canon inks. It's not
>> economical, but Canon "got me" with their #$@# chips (I do want to know
>> when a cartridge runs out of ink) and partly I print occasional batches
>> of photos and want to be sure I get reasonable print life.
>

> I am not going to waste my time with cheap refilling inks.  Whatever people
> say about them, the fact is the quality is going to be variable, and with
> the OEM inks, you know what you are getting.  I bought ready-filled cheap
> cartridges once, and made a test print, of an identical picture I printed
> out on original Epson ink, and places them both in a Window.  They both
> faded over a whole summer, but the cheap one faded much more, and all that
> was left was the blue.
>
> ss.

0
Michael
1/27/2008 4:48:53 PM

Richard Steinfeld wrote:
> Russell E. Owen wrote:
>> It's not scientific, but my MP500 has never had a clog...
>
> Pardon my being clairvoyantly challenged,
We all have issues.
> but please explain what an "MP500" is, and who made it. Lack of
> mind-reading ability is an epidemic that's growing out-of-control;
> it's the need of those afflicted to know what posters are talking about.
>
> Pray for us.
>
> Richard
0
measekite
1/27/2008 5:03:33 PM

Michael Johnson wrote:
> Richard Steinfeld wrote:
>> Russell E. Owen wrote:
>>> It's not scientific, but my MP500 has never had a clog...
>>
>> Pardon my being clairvoyantly challenged, but please explain what an
>> "MP500" is, and who made it. Lack of mind-reading ability is an
>> epidemic that's growing out-of-control; it's the need of those
>> afflicted to know what posters are talking about.
>>
>> Pray for us.
>
> Every done a Google search?  It isn't hard and you could have done it
> in less time than it took you to type the ignorant, insulting post
> your just made.
You did not read his post.  He said "Pardon my being clairvoyantly
challenged".  So what do you expect.  I thought he was one of your
congregates.
> All it would take is typing "MP500" and "printer" and hitting the
> Enter key.  I'll pray for you alright.  I'll pray you don't get any
> lazier, or dumber, whichever the case may be.  I am far from
> clairvoyant and understood exactly what CANON printer Russell was
> referencing, even without a Google search.
0
measekite
<head>
</head>
Synapse Syndrome wrote:
  <pre wrap="">"Russell E. Owen" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:rowen@cesmail.net">&lt;rowen@cesmail.net&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:rowen-670FB7.16584325012008@news.u.washington.edu">news:rowen-670FB7.16584325012008@news.u.washington.edu</a>...

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">It's not scientific, but my MP500 has never had a clog and I only print
every few weeks. I've gone through about 3 sets of ink cartridges*
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Thanks for telling me about your real-world experience.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">*I don't claim it's relevant, but I have been using Canon inks.</pre>
That is a smart good choice<br>
    <pre wrap=""> It's not
economical, but Canon "got me" with their #$@# chips (I do want to know
when a cartridge runs out of ink) and partly I print occasional batches
of photos and want to be sure I get reasonable print life.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

I am not going to waste my time with cheap refilling inks.</pre>
I do not blame you.<br>
  <pre wrap="">  Whatever people
say about them, the fact is the quality is going to be variable, and with
the OEM inks, you know what you are getting.  </pre>
Exactly<br>
  <pre wrap="">I bought ready-filled cheap
cartridges once, and made a test print, of an identical picture I printed
out on original Epson ink, and places them both in a Window.  They both
faded over a whole summer, but the cheap one faded much more, and all that
was left was the blue.
  </pre>
The churchgoeers who post here will not want to believe you.&nbsp; It goes
against their cult.<br>
  <pre wrap="">
ss.

  </pre>
0
measekite
<head>
</head>
Michael Johnson wrote:
 type="cite">Synapse Syndrome wrote:
wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:rowen-670FB7.16584325012008@news.u.washington.edu">news:rowen-670FB7.16584325012008@news.u.washington.edu</a>...
had a clog and I only print
every few weeks. I've gone through about 3 sets of ink cartridges*
Thanks for telling me about your real-world experience.
Well, I'm happy to see that Russell's post was useful for you.&nbsp; I guess
it wasn't so cryptic after all.
been using Canon inks. It's not
economical, but Canon "got me" with their #$@# chips (I do want to know
when a cartridge runs out of ink) and partly I print occasional batches
of photos and want to be sure I get reasonable print life.
Whatever people say about them, the fact is the quality is going to be
variable, and with the OEM inks, you know what you are getting.&nbsp; I
bought ready-filled cheap cartridges once, and made a test print, of an
identical picture I printed out on original Epson ink, and places them
both in a Window.&nbsp; They both faded over a whole summer, but the cheap
one faded much more, and all that was left was the blue.
I do not blame you.<br>
 type="cite">
ss. <br>
0
measekite
1/27/2008 5:43:39 PM
> "Russell E. Owen" <rowen@cesmail.net> wrote in message
>
>> It's not scientific, but my MP500 has never had a clog and I only print
>> every few weeks. I've gone through about 3 sets of ink cartridges*
>
> Thanks for telling me about your real-world experience.
>

>> *I don't claim it's relevant, but I have been using Canon inks. It's not
>> economical, but Canon "got me" with their #$@# chips (I do want to know
>> when a cartridge runs out of ink) and partly I print occasional batches
>> of photos and want to be sure I get reasonable print life.
>

> I am not going to waste my time with cheap refilling inks.  Whatever
> people say about them, the fact is the quality is going to be variable,
> and with the OEM inks, you know what you are getting.  I bought
> ready-filled cheap cartridges once, and made a test print, of an identical
> picture I printed out on original Epson ink, and places them both in a
> Window.  They both faded over a whole summer, but the cheap one faded much
> more, and all that was left was the blue.
>
> ss.

You have hit directly on the reason to NOT use prefilled cheap aftermarket
cartridges, and you've missed the point on using the best quality refill ink
that you can buy from a reputable dealer.  Prefilled cart manufacturers
sometimes change the brand of ink they use without notifying the vendor who
sells them.  That can lead to variability in the contained ink and
less-than-satisfactory results.  On the other hand, purchasing a known
manufacturer's ink from a reliable vendor assures you of a consistant
product.  Alotofthings sell inks from Sensient-Formulabs, a well known ink
formulator.  Imaging Specialist inks are available from (presumed but not
confirmed by) MIS, and they are advertised and confirmed as available from
Precision Colors.  Hobbicolors doesn't disclose the manufacturer of the ink
that they sell, but I know people who have used their inks for two years and
they have had very consistant results.   I have made prints with Imaging
Specialist inks for Canon printers that have been on display in our home for
almost four years in glass front frames.  There is no discernable fading.
Placing inkjet prints (or photo lab prints) in the window through the summer
will produce fading, and OEM inks do tend to fade less when exposed to this
sort of extreme condition.

With OEM inks you know what you are getting??????  :Some printer
manufacturers are known to outsource production of their inks to more than
one ink formulator/manufacturer.   Like any product, there have been OEM
inks/carts that have been faulty and had to be replaced.

0
Burt
1/27/2008 8:24:11 PM
On Jan 27, 7:30=A0am, "Synapse Syndrome"
<syna...@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote:
> "Russell E. Owen" <ro...@cesmail.net> wrote in messagenews:rowen-670FB7.16=
584325012008@news.u.washington.edu...

> I am not going to waste my time with cheap refilling inks. =A0Whatever peo=
ple
> say about them, the fact is the quality is going to be variable, and with
> the OEM inks, you know what you are getting. =A0I bought ready-filled chea=
> cartridges once, and made a test print, of an identical picture I printed
> out on original Epson ink, and places them both in a Window. =A0They both
> faded over a whole summer, but the cheap one faded much more, and all that=

> was left was the blue.

Yes cheap generic ink is not good...it will not compare to the quality
of Epson. You can only use generic ink in a Canon...according to
Canon's reps. Quality aftermarket ink made for your printer is the way
to go.
0
Aftermarketink
1/27/2008 9:50:37 PM
Yes, I knew what the MP500 was because I "live here" (jeez, that sounds
sad, doesn't it ;-))

Actually, I would suspect that many people would have figured it out,
but it doesn't hurt in these newsgroups to be a little extra descriptive
than not enough.

Quite honestly, had you been more civil in your response, I would have
probably agreed and left it alone, but there was no reason to be rude
and name calling when the person was just asking for greater clarity.

Richard used self-effacing humor to express his frustration regarding
the missing information which for him would have proved helpful.

See below:

> Pardon my being clairvoyantly challenged, but please explain what an
"MP500" is, and who made it. Lack of mind-reading ability is an epidemic
that's growing out-of-control; it's the need of those afflicted to know
what posters are talking about.

> Pray for us.
>
> Richard

You used attack and name calling, see below:

> Every done a Google search?  It isn't hard and you could have done
it in less time than it took you to type the ignorant, insulting post
your just made.  All it would take is typing "MP500" and "printer" and
hitting the Enter key.  I'll pray for you alright.  I'll pray you don't
get any lazier, or dumber, whichever the case may be.  I am far from
clairvoyant and understood exactly what CANON printer Russell was
referencing, even without a Google search.

You claim Richard's post was "ignorant and insulting" while it was
neither.  It was self effacing humor to get his point across, whether
you agree with it or not.  On the other hand, your posting was
definitely personally attacking AND insulting.

Whether I agree with you or Richard in terms of the issue, his message
was reasonable, civil, humorous and even polite (please explain...) and
yours was out of line (I'll pray you don't get lazier, or dumber...)

Thank was my point,

Art

Michael Johnson wrote:

> Arthur Entlich wrote:
>
>> Wow!  You are simply amazing... in fact, I think they should call you
>> Magic Johnson.  The man with whose "little head" is clairvoyant.
>

> Call me whatever you chose.  Russell's post wasn't that cryptic.  He
> made it in a PRINTER newsgroup.  If he had made it in alt.basket.weaving
> then maybe you have a point.  You mean to tell me that you didn't know
> an MP500 is a Canon printer?  Especially, when the thread is about Canon
> printers and he mentions the Canon brand in his post.  Come on, I'm not
> that bright and I don't think the rest of us here are that stupid.
>
>> It is a lot easier and more efficient for the O.P. to clarify the
>> nature of the model being referred to than to ask each reader to do a
>> Google search, and it is also no real hassle for the O.P. to include a
>> few more words to single out the product he/she is referring to.
>

> .... and, IMO, it is better to do a Google search than be insulting for
> no legitimate reason.  The simple fact is there was enough information
> in Russell's post and the overall thread to ascertain the printer was a
> Canon model.
>
>> Art
>>
>> Michael Johnson wrote:

>>> Every done a Google search?  It isn't hard and you could have done it
>>> in less time than it took you to type the ignorant, insulting post
>>> your just made.  All it would take is typing "MP500" and "printer"
>>> and hitting the Enter key.  I'll pray for you alright.  I'll pray you
>>> don't get any lazier, or dumber, whichever the case may be.  I am far
>>> from clairvoyant and understood exactly what CANON printer Russell
>>> was referencing, even without a Google search.
0
Arthur
1/28/2008 3:58:58 AM
I see you've reacted to my personal attack upon you similarly to how I
empathized to your manner with Richard.

Lesson taught.

Although I would never imply I even approach the wisdom of a Zen master,
there is a reason they often carry a stick with them.

Peace.

Art

Michael Johnson wrote:

> ... and that would evidently work against you being a member.
>
> Arthur Entlich wrote:
>
>> The nice thing about MENSA is they don't test for personality or
>> social skills ;-)
>>
>> Art
>>

>> Michael Johnson wrote:

>>> If someone is reading a post in a printer newsgroup titled "Do the
>>> print heads current Canon printers clog up?" and then reads a
>>> response that mentions MP500 and Canon in his posts it isn't a
>>> stretch to make the connection.  Then again, maybe I'm a candidate to
>>> become a member of MENSA sense I "got it".
0
Arthur
1/28/2008 4:04:59 AM
Arthur Entlich wrote:
> I see you've reacted to my personal attack upon you similarly to how I
> empathized to your manner with Richard.
>
> Lesson taught.

So you did it for my own good?  Right.  When are you going to give
Richard his lesson?

> Although I would never imply I even approach the wisdom of a Zen master,
> there is a reason they often carry a stick with them.

You're best left to giving advice regarding printers, which you do
rather well.  Playing the protector/advocate for others in this
newsgroup isn't your strong point.

> Peace.

Thanks.

> Art
>
> Michael Johnson wrote:
>
>> ... and that would evidently work against you being a member.
>>
>> Arthur Entlich wrote:
>>
>>> The nice thing about MENSA is they don't test for personality or
>>> social skills ;-)
>>>
>>> Art

0
Michael
1/28/2008 4:36:16 AM
Arthur Entlich wrote:
> Yes, I knew what the MP500 was because I "live here" (jeez, that sounds
> sad, doesn't it ;-))
>
> Actually, I would suspect that many people would have figured it out,
> but it doesn't hurt in these newsgroups to be a little extra descriptive
> than not enough.
>
> Quite honestly, had you been more civil in your response, I would have
> probably agreed and left it alone, but there was no reason to be rude
> and name calling when the person was just asking for greater clarity.

Me being civil?  Did you read the post I responded to?  Maybe you and
Richard are buds and have some personal understanding of each other I'm
not aware of.  If that is so then his post is somewhat hypocritical.

> Richard used self-effacing humor to express his frustration regarding
> the missing information which for him would have proved helpful.

I read his post thoroughly before I responded.  I don't see the self
effacing humor anywhere.  There were no smilies, winky symbols or any
other marks that usually accompany posts with this intent.  There was
just an attack and insult toward Russell.  I did get the sarcasm though.

> See below:
>
>> Pardon my being clairvoyantly challenged, but please explain what an
> "MP500" is, and who made it. Lack of mind-reading ability is an epidemic
> that's growing out-of-control; it's the need of those afflicted to know
> what posters are talking about.
>>
>> Pray for us.
>>
>> Richard
>

> You used attack and name calling, see below:

It was in response to his ORIGINAL attacking post.  He called Russell
and idiot, albeit in a less direct way.  I guess I am just more direct
in making my point.

>> Every done a Google search?  It isn't hard and you could have done
> it in less time than it took you to type the ignorant, insulting post
> your just made.  All it would take is typing "MP500" and "printer" and
> hitting the Enter key.  I'll pray for you alright.  I'll pray you don't
> get any lazier, or dumber, whichever the case may be.  I am far from
> clairvoyant and understood exactly what CANON printer Russell was
> referencing, even without a Google search.
>
> You claim Richard's post was "ignorant and insulting" while it was
> neither.  It was self effacing humor to get his point across, whether
> you agree with it or not.  On the other hand, your posting was
> definitely personally attacking AND insulting.

Where you find self effacing humor in his post is beyond me.  If it was
there then it was EXTREMELY subtle.

> Whether I agree with you or Richard in terms of the issue, his message
> was reasonable, civil, humorous and even polite (please explain...) and
> yours was out of line (I'll pray you don't get lazier, or dumber...)

Maybe Richard and I need to have a beer together so I can better
understand his humor.

> Thank was my point,

Point noted.

> Art
>

> Michael Johnson wrote:
>
>> Arthur Entlich wrote:
>>
>>> Wow!  You are simply amazing... in fact, I think they should call you
>>> Magic Johnson.  The man with whose "little head" is clairvoyant.
>>

>> Call me whatever you chose.  Russell's post wasn't that cryptic.  He
>> made it in a PRINTER newsgroup.  If he had made it in
>> alt.basket.weaving then maybe you have a point.  You mean to tell me
>> that you didn't know an MP500 is a Canon printer?  Especially, when
>> the thread is about Canon printers and he mentions the Canon brand in
>> his post.  Come on, I'm not that bright and I don't think the rest of
>> us here are that stupid.
>>
>>> It is a lot easier and more efficient for the O.P. to clarify the
>>> nature of the model being referred to than to ask each reader to do a
>>> Google search, and it is also no real hassle for the O.P. to include
>>> a few more words to single out the product he/she is referring to.
>>

>> .... and, IMO, it is better to do a Google search than be insulting
>> for no legitimate reason.  The simple fact is there was enough
>> information in Russell's post and the overall thread to ascertain the
>> printer was a Canon model.
>>
>>> Art

0
Michael
1/28/2008 4:40:52 AM
Michael, if I wanted to be sarcastic, I would have been sarcastic. I was
humorous instead.

It is the job of a poster to be clear to readers. It's called
"communication." Expecting other people to just "know" what you're
talking about when you speak in shorthand is thoughtless (I could have
said "arrogant.") Some people do this in some newsgroups (such as the
audiophile ones).

The American Automobile Association, in one of their publications, once
said that New York City road signs were "gentle reminders to those who
already know the way." I don't already know the way when it comes to the
printer you mentioned.

To tell people to go look it up on Google _is_ arrogant. People who talk
in shorthand in newsgroups tend to say exactly this when they're asked
to be clear. "It's your job to do the work of knowing what I'm telling
you. I won't condescend to trouble myself. You're the screwup, not me."

Yeah, right.

Richard
0
Richard
1/28/2008 10:10:43 AM
Michael, yep: you sure did misread what I wrote. I am a communicator by
trade these days, and am known to be a clear writer. Witty, too (but
that's redundant).

I submit that whatever offense you found in reading my post was the
offense that you read between the lines. I'm not in the habit of using
smilies because I can't remember them, nor, a lot of the time figure
them out. Also, I don't write technical manuals with smilies. People
have been writing in English for centuries without symbols like this: in
fact, let me suggest that Shakespeare did a decent job without smilies.

On the other hand, perhaps G.W. Bush should carry around a few smilies;
they might be useful when he speaks in public. Smilies might help out
because when I tried to look up "misunderestimate" on Google, it didn't
do me much good.

But I'll take you up on that beer.

:>)

Richard
0
Richard
1/28/2008 10:24:43 AM
<Aftermarketink@gmail.com> wrote in message

> You can only use generic ink in a Canon...according to
> Canon's reps.

Have you got any cites for this extremely dubious statement?

I could go as far to say that this must be utter bullshit.

ss.

0
Synapse
1/28/2008 1:51:53 PM
Michael Johnson wrote:
> Synapse Syndrome wrote:
>> "Russell E. Owen" <rowen@cesmail.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> It's not scientific, but my MP500 has never had a clog and I only print
>>> every few weeks. I've gone through about 3 sets of ink cartridges*
>>
>> Thanks for telling me about your real-world experience.
>
> Well, I'm happy to see that Russell's post was useful for you.  I guess
> it wasn't so cryptic after all.

Why yes, I think anybody who has read the exchange between you, Richard,
and Art in this thread now knows just what an "MP500" is, probably to
the point of becoming bilious about the whole issue. Guys, like the book
title says, "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff - And It's ALL Small Stuff."

TJ

TJ
1/28/2008 2:08:05 PM
Richard Steinfeld wrote:
> Michael, if I wanted to be sarcastic, I would have been sarcastic. I was
> humorous instead.

The humor wasn't clear to me.

> It is the job of a poster to be clear to readers. It's called
> "communication." Expecting other people to just "know" what you're
> talking about when you speak in shorthand is thoughtless (I could have
> said "arrogant.") Some people do this in some newsgroups (such as the
> audiophile ones).

In college I was always taught to write and speak to the anticipated
audience.  Here that audience is people who have an interest in
printers.  When I type a post I expect the reader to have a certain
level of comprehension on the group's intended subject matter (i.e.
printers).  We all type posts this way here.  Otherwise it would get
very redundant, very quickly.  If a new person comes here they have a
responsibility to educate themselves to a certain level.  It isn't our
responsibility to dumb down all our posts so a first grader can
comprehend them.

> The American Automobile Association, in one of their publications, once
> said that New York City road signs were "gentle reminders to those who
> already know the way." I don't already know the way when it comes to the
> printer you mentioned.

So you knew what an MP500 was and still made the post in this manner?
Are you the shepard for the less informed here?  Why didn't you just
post a clarification for the less informed instead of the back-handed
humor?  Maybe employing a few smilies, winkies or other emoticons might
better indicate your intent.  What you did is about the same thing as
what you accused Russell of perpetrating.... that is being vague
regarding the subject matter, or intent, of your post.

> To tell people to go look it up on Google _is_ arrogant. People who talk
> in shorthand in newsgroups tend to say exactly this when they're asked
> to be clear. "It's your job to do the work of knowing what I'm telling
> you. I won't condescend to trouble myself. You're the screwup, not me."

I don't see where Russell was unclear in his post.  The Canon name is in
the subject title of the thread.  The OP mentions Canon in his post and
so does Russell.  It isn't much of a stretch to assume that an MP500 is
a printer and that printer is a Canon brand.  IMO, it was plenty clear
and did not warrant the back-handed humor you directed at him.

> Yeah, right.

Is this more humor?  I can't tell.

> Richard
0
Michael
1/28/2008 4:56:09 PM
Richard Steinfeld wrote:
> Michael, yep: you sure did misread what I wrote. I am a communicator by
> trade these days, and am known to be a clear writer. Witty, too (but
> that's redundant).
>
> I submit that whatever offense you found in reading my post was the
> offense that you read between the lines. I'm not in the habit of using
> smilies because I can't remember them, nor, a lot of the time figure
> them out. Also, I don't write technical manuals with smilies. People
> have been writing in English for centuries without symbols like this: in
> fact, let me suggest that Shakespeare did a decent job without smilies.

If I had known you were posting in a humorous manner I probably wouldn't
have made any comment.  I just took Russell as contributing his
experience and even though it may have been a little short on details he
did make an effort to help the OP.  I've seen much worse posts here
regarding clarity.  I just felt he was being singled out for no good reason.

> On the other hand, perhaps G.W. Bush should carry around a few smilies;
> they might be useful when he speaks in public. Smilies might help out
> because when I tried to look up "misunderestimate" on Google, it didn't
> do me much good.

Nothing is going to help George at this point.  The only thing that will
help him is time and, in specific, what impact Iraq will have on the
future direction of the Middle East.  It will take decades though before
that juror is in.

> But I'll take you up on that beer.

Does Killian's work?

> :>)
>
> Richard
0
Michael
1/28/2008 5:04:06 PM

Richard Steinfeld wrote:
> Michael, if I wanted to be sarcastic, I would have been sarcastic. I
> was humorous instead.
I did not think it was funny.

> It is the job of a poster to be clear to readers. It's called
> "communication." Expecting other people to just "know" what you're
> talking about when you speak in shorthand is thoughtless (I could have
> said "arrogant.") Some people do this in some newsgroups (such as the
> audiophile ones).
Here too

> The American Automobile Association, in one of their publications,
> once said that New York City road signs were "gentle reminders to
> those who already know the way." I don't already know the way when it
> comes to the printer you mentioned.
I hear ya

> To tell people to go look it up on Google _is_ arrogant.
Some times it is and other times it is not.
> People who talk in shorthand in newsgroups tend to say exactly this
> when they're asked to be clear. "It's your job to do the work of
> knowing what I'm telling you. I won't condescend to trouble myself.
> You're the screwup, not me."
>
> Yeah, right.
>
> Richard
0
measekite
1/28/2008 5:12:39 PM

Richard Steinfeld wrote:
> Michael, yep: you sure did misread what I wrote. I am a communicator
> by trade these days, and am known to be a clear writer. Witty, too
> (but that's redundant).
I find it confusing and not witty.

> I submit that whatever offense you found in reading my post was the
> offense that you read between the lines. I'm not in the habit of using
> smilies because I can't remember them, nor, a lot of the time figure
> them out. Also, I don't write technical manuals with smilies. People
> have been writing in English for centuries without symbols like this:
> in fact, let me suggest that Shakespeare did a decent job without
> smilies.
What kind of printer did he have?

> On the other hand, perhaps G.W. Bush should carry around a few
> smilies; they might be useful when he speaks in public.
Now that is dumb.  He laughs (and smiles) all of the way to the bank
with $100 a barrel oil.
> Smilies might help out because when I tried to look up
> "misunderestimate" on Google, it didn't do me much good.
>
> But I'll take you up on that beer.
Why not a milk shake.  Drinking is not good for people.

> :>)
>
> Richard
0
measekite
<head>
</head>
Synapse Syndrome wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap=""><a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:Aftermarketink@gmail.com">&lt;Aftermarketink@gmail.com&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:649a2396-23ab-4257-b641-bb54bff480f3@q77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com">news:649a2396-23ab-4257-b641-bb54bff480f3@q77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com</a>...
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">You can only use generic ink in a Canon...according to
Canon's reps.

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Have you got any cites for this extremely dubious statement?

I could go as far to say that this must be utter bullshit.
  </pre>
That is why he lives in my killfile.<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">
ss.

  </pre>
0
measekite
1/28/2008 5:29:12 PM
You see, I brought the two of you together... I knew I had a reason for
being here! ;-)

Art

Michael Johnson wrote:
> Richard Steinfeld wrote:
>

>> But I'll take you up on that beer.
>

> Does Killian's work?
>
>> :>)
>>
>> Richard
0
Arthur
1/29/2008 4:44:10 AM
Michael Johnson wrote:

 > Richard Steinfeld wrote:

<clip>

> In college I was always taught to write and speak to the anticipated
> audience.  Here that audience is people who have an interest in
> printers.  When I type a post I expect the reader to have a certain
> level of comprehension on the group's intended subject matter (i.e.
> printers).  We all type posts this way here.  Otherwise it would get
> very redundant, very quickly.  If a new person comes here they have a
> responsibility to educate themselves to a certain level.  It isn't our
> responsibility to dumb down all our posts so a first grader can
> comprehend them.

Well, actually, in my communications courses it was suggested the
speaker never assume the qualifications of their audience, and it was
better to speak more generally, without jargon until one could gauge the
audiences background.

Einstein stated something to the effect that if you can't explain a
concept to a 3th grader, you probably don't understand the concept
yourself. ;-)

>> The American Automobile Association, in one of their publications,
>> once said that New York City road signs were "gentle reminders to
>> those who already know the way." I don't already know the way when it
>> comes to the printer you mentioned.
>

> So you knew what an MP500 was and still made the post in this manner?

I think Richard is stating he wasn't familiar with the MP500: "I don't
know the way when it comes to the printer <you> mentioned."

<clip>

Art
0
Arthur
1/29/2008 4:52:26 AM
Are you our Obama in this news group? ;)

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> You see, I brought the two of you together... I knew I had a reason for
> being here! ;-)
>
> Art
>
> Michael Johnson wrote:
>> Richard Steinfeld wrote:
>>

>>> But I'll take you up on that beer.
>>

>> Does Killian's work?
>>
>>> :>)
>>>
>>> Richard
0
Michael
1/29/2008 4:57:56 AM
Arthur Entlich wrote:
> Michael Johnson wrote:
>
>  > Richard Steinfeld wrote:
>
> <clip>
>
>> In college I was always taught to write and speak to the anticipated
>> audience.  Here that audience is people who have an interest in
>> printers.  When I type a post I expect the reader to have a certain
>> level of comprehension on the group's intended subject matter (i.e.
>> printers).  We all type posts this way here.  Otherwise it would get
>> very redundant, very quickly.  If a new person comes here they have a
>> responsibility to educate themselves to a certain level.  It isn't our
>> responsibility to dumb down all our posts so a first grader can
>> comprehend them.
>
> Well, actually, in my communications courses it was suggested the
> speaker never assume the qualifications of their audience, and it was
> better to speak more generally, without jargon until one could gauge the
> audiences background.

I think that this is subjective.  If a speaker is giving a talk to a
group of brain surgeons then I doubt it will be simple enough for a
three year old to understand.  We had to write term papers and give
speeches for every class I took in college and they would tell us who
our audience would be and we would have to write accordingly.  I hated
doing this at the time but can now appreciate the purpose of the exercise.

> Einstein stated something to the effect that if you can't explain a
> concept to a 3th grader, you probably don't understand the concept
> yourself. ;-)

Having taken a course on modern physics in college I can tell you
Einstein didn't practice what he preached.

>>> The American Automobile Association, in one of their publications,
>>> once said that New York City road signs were "gentle reminders to
>>> those who already know the way." I don't already know the way when it
>>> comes to the printer you mentioned.
>>

>> So you knew what an MP500 was and still made the post in this manner?
>
> I think Richard is stating he wasn't familiar with the MP500: "I don't
> know the way when it comes to the printer <you> mentioned."
>
> <clip>
>
> Art
0
Michael
1/29/2008 5:05:43 AM
Watch out, or I'll post a video of myself singing "It's a Small World
After All".. ;-)

Art

Michael Johnson wrote:

> Are you our Obama in this news group? ;)
>
> Arthur Entlich wrote:
>
>> You see, I brought the two of you together... I knew I had a reason
>> for being here! ;-)
>>
>> Art
>>
>> Michael Johnson wrote:

>>> Does Killian's work?

0
Arthur
1/29/2008 5:40:33 AM
TJ wrote:
> Michael Johnson wrote:
>> Synapse Syndrome wrote:
>>> "Russell E. Owen" <rowen@cesmail.net> wrote in message

>>> Thanks for telling me about your real-world experience.
>>
>> Well, I'm happy to see that Russell's post was useful for you.  I
>> guess it wasn't so cryptic after all.
>>
> Why yes, I think anybody who has read the exchange between you, Richard,
> and Art in this thread now knows just what an "MP500" is, probably to
> the point of becoming bilious about the whole issue. Guys, like the book
> title says, "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff - And It's ALL Small Stuff."

It's all ancient history.
0
Michael
1/30/2008 1:06:10 PM
In newsgroups ancient history is 48 hours or so ;-)

Art

Michael Johnson wrote:
> TJ wrote:
>
>> Michael Johnson wrote:

>>> Well, I'm happy to see that Russell's post was useful for you.  I
>>> guess it wasn't so cryptic after all.
>>>
>> Why yes, I think anybody who has read the exchange between you,
>> Richard, and Art in this thread now knows just what an "MP500" is,
>> probably to the point of becoming bilious about the whole issue. Guys,
>> like the book title says, "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff - And It's ALL
>> Small Stuff."
>

> It's all ancient history.
0
Arthur
2/1/2008 2:32:50 AM
Which is about a day longer than in politics.

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> In newsgroups ancient history is 48 hours or so ;-)
>
> Art
>
> Michael Johnson wrote:
>> TJ wrote:

>>> Why yes, I think anybody who has read the exchange between you,
>>> Richard, and Art in this thread now knows just what an "MP500" is,
>>> probably to the point of becoming bilious about the whole issue.
>>> Guys, like the book title says, "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff - And
>>> It's ALL Small Stuff."
>>

>> It's all ancient history.
0
Michael

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Canon Pixma printers: ink cartridges, print-head cleaners
I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon cartridges vs. generic it seems to me that the latter would be more cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads. And what about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised. Do they work? If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail. Or so I have been figuring. I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had experience with thes...

Mobile Printer - Head clogging after non-use
Several years ago I purchased a Canon portable printer (BJC-55 I think). I used it once happily and then put it on the shelf for six months. When I tried to use it again the heads had totally clogged. I tried many things including fresh cartridges etc. and eventually gave up and sold it (with warning) on eBay. So... I'd really like to have a mobile printer that I can take on vacation, but it will sit for long periods between uses. Does anyone have experience or recommendations relevant to this concern on: HP 450ci Canon i80 Thanks << I'd really like to have...

Queue of printer cycles, but printer does not print
Hi, we have two printers in our network, both connected to a different computer. When installed, they worked well, but now and then they refuse to print and they show a strange bahaviour. When looking in the Queue (Spooler), the print jobs are cycling. So, the first becomes the last while the second becomes the first, thirt becomes second, etc When we restart the computer, the printer starts printing, just befor shutdown. We Run XP-pro. Any ideas????? Thanks, Ben By the way, it is an old panasonic matrix printer (used for labels) and a HP officejet HP 1170c, bot...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

What Canon Printer to Print A3 and Print to DVDS/CDS ???
And of course print great pitcures :) I don't want much, but getting all these three things seems to be hard. Atleast from Canon. Thanks for any help !!! ...

Where is head in canon printer?
I have i950 printer. I am wondering printer head is separate from ink cart. If so, where the head is located. In case, I want to wash it. Satoshi On my i960 the head is separate and I needed to install it first before the carts. There is a large dark-gray lever that pulls forward and the whole print head comes out. The ink carts rest on top of it. Never had a problem with the head...yet. Mack Satoshi wrote: > I have i950 printer. I am wondering printer head is separate from > ink cart. If so, where the head is located. In case, I want to wash > it. Sat...

ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box.
Our application has used this PrintersClass module for some time without a problem but some new Toughbooks have caused problems. We use laser printers, usually the default choice, and some label printers. The label printers use the Seagull Scientific print drivers. The new notebooks will not print to the selected label printers even though the default printer for the report comes up in the dialog box as the selected printer. Even if you redundantly select this label printer again, before selecting print, you get the label printed to the user profile's default printer instead of the selecte...

I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true?
I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt the printer. Is this true? "Enda80" <fasb80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a1ec1b40-d0e7-4824-aa7d-c968a5a6a654@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I am told that if you take a piece of paper that you printed on, put > it back in the printer, and print on it again, that this will hurt > the > printer. Is this true? I did it once and the printer was so hurt it bawled like a baby for 15 minutes! "Enda80&qu...

printer head gaskets for s750 or F60 printer
I'm looking for the black gaskets that fits inside the print head for either of the above printers. I used the wrong cleaner and now they are odd shaped and don't fit the head like they should I've called Canon and I can get the whole printhead for 41.00 + but right now I just need the gaskets. Any ideas or does anyone have a old printhead where they don't need the gaskets that they wold be willing to send to me. thanks for reading Rick ...

Web resources about - Do the print heads current Canon printers clog up? - comp.periphs.printers

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

The 3D printer carving out a new curriculum
With Australia's technical expertise slowly whittling away, the team behind this gadget wants to take schools back to the basics of manufacturing ...

ASIC investigating company after inventor of world's largest 3D printer left out of pocket
... Australian Securities and Investments Commission investigates the administration of a company that tried to sell the world's largest 3D printer. ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $45, 9′ MFi Lightning Cable $6, iPhone 6/s Plus Leather Folio ...
... Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Daily Deals: Brother Monochrome Laser Printer ...

Doro PDF printer adds color conversion, page rotation controls
Lightweight virtual PDF printer Doro has been updated with new color conversion and page rotation settings. If the default "UseDeviceIndependentColor" ...