Epson C86 photo edition vs Canon IP3000 Pixima

Hi,
I am about a new printer but don't know which one to buy canon ip3000
or epson c86. I used to use epson but i have been through 3 epson
printers in the last 5 years. I know printers nowadays don't last long
but i would like it to last more than a 2 years. Are canon using a new
head system compared to old printers which last longer?
What i am looking for in a printer:

1) Long print life therefore most reliable
2) Cheap inks
3) Don't want to replace the head
4) Quality and quick printing

Any suggestion from printer experts or any users of the printers.
Thanks
shah
0
ali78600

Newest Canons vs. Epsons
I am about to buy a new photo printer. My old Epson Stylus Photo 870 has been good. Now, for my specifications. Cost - Under $250 Inks - Must be six ink of better and of latest archival evolution (ex. Chromlife, etc) Papers - I tend to use high-end paper developed by the actual manufacturer Basically, I use Photoshop to restore damaged photos. The pictures I sell should be able to last 20-30 years under glass, and should be as good as those produced by an automated photo developing machine. This all said - which model is going to be best between Epson and Canon? Thanks ...

Epson Perfection 4990: Pro vs Photo, vs Canon 9950F
Anyone know what the difference is between the Epson 4990 Photo and the 4990 Pro, other than the price? Is there any difference in hardware or supplied accessories, or just the included software? I will be scanning primarily photos, some of which are very old and need to be cleaned up, but I might also try scanning my 30+ year old set of slides. I use Photoshop, but I am not particularly proficient at photo re-touching, so I would like the scanner to do some of the hard work in terms of improving the images, before I work on them. I will be replacing my Epson Perfection 1200, ...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Epson C86 Photo Edition
Can anyone tell me the difference between an Epson C86 Photo printer with Epson cat. number of C11C573002 and one with C11C574071 ? Thanks in advance. -- Settle - Carlisle Railway Yahoogroup; For News, Views and Queries, Try; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/settle_carlisle/ ...

Epson or Canon Photo Printers (not AIO)
Hi all, I saw a Canon vs Epson thread but I am looking more at photo printers and best photo quality. Its time to replace my aging Epson R210. Many years back, I owned an HP deskjet 400 but decided their quality was at most third amongst the Top 3 (Epson, Canon, HP). Canon almost died with crap quality when Epson released their 1440 dpi printers (canon had standard 360dpi and premium model 600dpi) many years ago but have since bounced back very strong in recent years. The Epson R230 would have been a very good replacement but I also wanted something of a later generation too...

Canon Printer with Epson Photo Paper?
Just gotten myself a canon i450. Anyone tried epson or hp photopaper with it? or should i just stick to canon paper. not too sure about the price difference though. thanx! john wrote: >Just gotten myself a canon i450. Anyone tried epson or hp photopaper with >it? or should i just stick to canon paper. not too sure about the price >difference though. I see you're in Singapore, so I doubt you will find an Office Depot nearby. :) But you might be able to order from RedRiver which apparently is very good stuff: http://www.redriverpaper.com/ I have a Ca...

epson r200 vs canon ip3000
Hi, I want to use the printers for just general printing, i currently use epson printers but they have become damaged and i have been 3 epson printers in 5 years. Can anyone tell me which one is better the canon ip3000 or epson r200 Thanks shah The IP3000 prints business documents substantially better than the Epson R300. It is a full duplex printer with dual paper feed. If you want to print photos it can also do that however you might want to get the IP4000 for better photo quality. shah wrote: >Hi, >I want to use the printers for just general printing, i currently use >epson printers but they have become damaged and i have been 3 epson >printers in 5 years. Can anyone tell me which one is better the canon >ip3000 or epson r200 >Thanks >shah > > On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 00:37:03 GMT, measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote: >The IP3000 prints business documents substantially better than the Epson >R300. It is a full duplex printer with dual paper feed. If you want to >print photos it can also do that however you might want to get the >IP4000 for better photo quality. > >shah wrote: > >>Hi, >>I want to use the printers for just general printing, i currently use >>epson printers but they have become damaged and i have been 3 epson >>printers in 5 years. Can anyone tell me which one is better the canon >>ip3000 or epson r200 >>Thanks >>...

Epson ColorLife paper in a Canon photo printer ?
Howdy Is anyone using Epson ColorLife paper in one of the latest Canon 6-color photo printers ? If so: care to report on settings andor results ? Thanks .... Stan I find this a difficult paper to use in Epson scanners that have a profile for it. ...

Epson R200 Vs Canon Pixma iP3000
I want to buy a basic photo printer. R200 and iP3000 seem to have same price. I think R200 has five color and one black ink tanks whereas iP3000 has three color and one black tanks. Which one is better for quality of prints and trouble free operations? Thanks in advance. > R200 and iP3000 seem to have same price. I think R200 has five color and > one black ink tanks whereas iP3000 has three color and one black tanks. I own both. The r200 has extra light cyan and light magenta The r300 is the same but has the fancy screen and pictbridge The ip3000 has the usual black cyan magenta yellow, smaller drop size The ip4000 has two blacks and the usual inks 2pl The ip5000 has the same but smaller 1pl ink drop size. The ip6000 has a larger 2pl but offers the light cyan/magenta inks I leaned tward the r200 for out of the box print accuracy. It worked fine for 6 months before it clogged and overflowed with ink. Your experence could be better, but in the past the epsons clogged easily. I'm told this one is better. But if you really like the Epson r200, and you buy OEM ink, it's only typicaly $25 extra to get the printer with ink than just ink. For trouble free i'm taking a chance on the Canon. I bought the ip3000 cause the r200 was in the shop, and it was cheeper for the printer than the ink for the r200. I've not owned it as long so I can't report any trouble, but it at least has a detachable head and a diaper ...

Epson Photo 960 vs Canon i950
Hi, As I am unable to view photo prints from either of these printers locally, I was wondering if anyone has compared these two printers and/or can make a purchase recommendation between them? I am mainly interested in printing sharp, nicely detailed, true color photos on matte paper. Secondly I am interested in cost savings regarding ink and paper. Thirdly speed of printing and quality. I can research the last two items on my own, but not the photo quality. Cnet prefers the Epson, Steve's digicams prefers the Canon. Anyone else wanna weigh in? Thanks. --Brian On...

Canon i950 vs. i960 photo printer
Hello, I just bought my first digital camera (Canon PowerShot A70). Now I'm ready to buy my first photo printer. I like the Canon i950 and have read great things about it, but then I found some articles about a new printer coming out in October called Canon i960. It looks like it's the same printer as the i950, except it has a high-speed USB and is able to print directly from a digital camera, whereas the i950 could not. The puzzling thing is that the i960 is going to be much cheaper than the i950. Why would that be?!? The i960 is about $199 and the i950 is about $249. So ...

Need a new photo printer Canon or Epson
I am getting in to digital photography in a big way and also like using Adobe photoshop to clean up old photos. I am looking for a good printer in the $200 to $400 range that is also economical on ink, any suggestions? Kenny A big way? Tell us how "KENNETH MAULTSBY" <kmaultsby@verizon.net> wrote in message news:dMOwc.8723$QI2.2345@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > I am getting in to digital photography in a big way and also like using > Adobe photoshop to clean up old photos. I am looking for a good printer in > the $200 to $400 range that is also econo...

Printer comparison: Epson R800 vs Canon 9900
A friend is looking to replace an Epson 890 printer. The candidates he's considering are the R800 and 9900. He's aware of the fact that the 9900 supports wider media, but is mainly interested in image quality comparisons. Has anyone made any? Thanks, Jason J Warren wrote: > A friend is looking to replace an Epson 890 printer. The candidates he's > considering are the R800 and 9900. He's aware of the fact that the 9900 > supports wider media, but is mainly interested in image quality > comparisons. Has anyone made any? > > Thanks, > Jason Both a...

Epson RX630 Mulitfunction Vs Dedicated Photo Printer
Hi. I've been looking at photo printers. The Epson RX630 has some appeal as it also has scanning and copying functions, but I'm just not sure if this means it's printing ability is significantly less than other dedicated printers. On paper the specs look OK, six colours, decent dpi, and 3 pl droplets. Just haven't managed to see the output from one and I can't find a review on the web anywhere (maybe they're too new). Does anyone have any experience with one of these? Keen to hear opinions. Thanks, Pete. ____________________________________________ Remove "NOSPAM" from my address if replying by email. ...

Epson RX500 vs Canon MP700/730 Multifunction Printers
Any thoughts or experience on these multifunction printers. I am leaning toward the Epson RX500 as it would replace my Epson 820 printer and 1660 scanner. I want the ability to print quality photos and scan negs and slides. I see Canon has a MP700 and MP730, but I don't see the slide/neg scanning capability of the Epson and cannot tell if the Canon is four or six color. Considering the Canon only because many in the group seem to like them. Any input is apreciated. Jerry B ...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

Printer vs printer vs ...
I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? Jim L -- If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think people are out to get anybody they can what are you? Sir: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > I have an old HP. If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the > HP. If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print. Why? > PMview has a size limitation. Look in the re-size option to see the largest size to which it will convert a picture. In ...

Epson r300 Vs Canon PIXMA IP3000 : Running costs
Can anyone offer me advice on which of the two is better value for money?. I dont want to spend a fortune on a printer. I'd be doing the occasional text printing etc. But I'd also like to try printing off my own photo's. My aim is to get a cheap and cheerful photo printer that will do the job but at the least cost. which of these has the cheapest consumables? I understand that Epsons really need to use their own paper as you may get blotching. Is this true?. How about the canons? would i have to stick to their branded papers?. How about ink costs?. Im kinda leaning towards the canon as i like the space/antidust design, plus I still use the old cannon bj240 printer which has served me well. Im not too fussed about the lack of card reader as picbridge is fine for me. Also, are the prints water resistant etc?is this down to the paper or the ink? . Lol, Sorry bout the questions.. Any advice would be greately appreciated!. Confused The IP3000 uses the same old ink that Canon has used for a long time, it's cheap, widely available and very easy to refill. Print quality is excellent, and it's also a full duplexing printer which is cool. 2 paper feeds, and a very nice driver. There are reports of print head failures, but I've not had any issues with it. It's an amazingly good value. "PJHarvey98" <pjharvey98@aol.com> wrote in message news:20041213081428.23235.00002067@mb-m03.aol.com... > Can anyone offer me...

Canon CanoScan Lide 50 vs. Epson Perfection 1670 Photo
Ok...who would win in a street fight? No seriously....I hear good thing things about both these machines (pcworld.com/cnet.com). I'm wondering if anyone has personally compared the two. Needed for photos, ocr, etc. Not a professional photoshop here but we want the nicest quality we can afford. (Under $200) Thanks very much in advance, -todd http://bartlebymusic.com Press here for Free Mp3s, Free CDs and Free dreams! Does anybody even know where a Canon LIDE 50 can be bought? It's discontinued. Last Sunday I did a net search and found a few possibilities....

Which of the 3 printers is the best? Epson R300 or Photo 900 or Canon i865
These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, and they are priced approx the same in Denmark where I live. But which one should I choose? Thanx in advance Erik In my book The Canon is the Best, and cheaper to run..with being faster, the Canon i865 is fantastic for the price...and no clogging heads to worry about.. "Erik W." <erik.w@mail.com> wrote in message news:3fddc528$0$17592$ba624c82@nntp05.dk.telia.net... > These 3 printers are all able of printing directly on CD's and DVD's, and >...

My Canon Pixma IP3000 printer will no longer feed glossy photo paper.
Hello all. As per subject line. It happened previously a short time ago, and I did what is recommended in the IP4000 manual (pdf., downloaded.): Press "Resume button", allow LED light to flash 3 times, release button, It worked then. When I tried the printer again, after a few weeks, the photo paper would not feed. I re-tried cleaning the paper feed rollers, as above, but that didn't work this time. I've had this printer just before it stopped becoming available in the UK, but I haven't used it very much. Will it help to grease or oil some mechanical parts...

PS Printer Management vs. Epson Printer Management
Why, on many of the prints I make, I must use Epson's color management, rather than PS's color management, to get a print that most closely matches my monitor? I have an Epson 1280 that I've profiled using GretagMacbeth's Eye-One system. I profiled it for Epson's Premium Photo Glossy paper and MIS inks. Too frequently, when I run a test on 4x6 Epson Premium Photo Glossy paper (soft-proofing is a waste of time for me), I find that, using my profile & letting PS manage the printing, that the print fails miserably to match my monitor's image. (I recalibrate & prof...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for Epson, I don't know about Canon. Pipermedic In article pipermedic says... > I believe that Canon has the > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for > Epson, I don't know about Canon. > > > Canon carts don't have chips. If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills. Definitely Epson R300. But you said: "2. Economy. Although I can get th...

Web resources about - Epson C86 photo edition vs Canon IP3000 Pixima - comp.periphs.printers

Evening Edition
New news site from my pals at Mule Design: The perfect commute-sized way to catch up on the day’s news after a long day at work. Smart, concise, ...

Java Platform, Micro Edition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Java Platform, Micro Edition , or Java ME , is a Java platform designed for embedded systems ( mobile devices are one kind of such systems). ...

Minecraft: Pocket Edition receives a new update with additional Redstone components
The first update of 2016 is here for the insanely popular Minecraft: Pocket Edition . Red is the stone Version 0.14.0 features a number of new ...

Open Thread — Whited Sepulcher Edition
pic.twitter.com/BBxSwQEops — Liam Stack (@liamstack) February 18, 2016 Trump: "If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS… I promise you the ...

Michelle Obama praises Kate's Huffington Post mental health edition
Mental health problems should no longer be seen as "taboo", the Duchess of Cambridge writes as guest editor of the Huffington Post UK website. ...

Canonical announces premium Linux-powered Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition smartphone
... in market share, but fans of Linux and other open source software should pay attention. Today, Canonical announces the Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition ...

Watch the latest hilarious edition of celebrities reading mean tweets about themselves
Twitter might have a serious growth problem on its hands but there's one thing that will never be in short supply on Twitter : trolls. Imagine ...

The Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition. Now with Google-style VR goggles
Technically Incorrect: You've always dreamed of perusing the swimsuit edition in an alternative reality, haven't you? Now you can.

Grab your limited edition CrackBerry 'Back in BlackBerry' t-shirt while it's hot!
For years now, we've been giving away CrackBerry t-shirts to our various contest winners but folks have always asked us for the ability to purchase ...

Fun With Gun: Safekeeping Edition
New London, Connecticut . Police get a call about a gunshot. “He answered the door,” Capiot said, referring to the victim.Police had the man, ...