f



Epson Color Stylus 740 injet printer - pattern not printing correctly

When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
problem?
I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
parts of the black pattern.

Regards Brian
0
Brian
5/7/2005 3:12:43 AM
comp.periphs.printers 18139 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

20 Replies
584 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

Hi Brian
Based on the model you have quoted the printer is probably well out of warranty 
so I suggest that you e-mail Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> and ask 
him for help, he will e-mail you an excellent manual that will almost certainly 
help. If it is under warranty then call your nearest Epson service agent or the 
supplier of the printer for advice.
Tony

Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
>When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
>pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
>Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
>problem?
>I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
>parts of the black pattern.
>
>Regards Brian

0
Tony
5/7/2005 3:28:07 AM
Did it print OK before changing the cart?  Did you completely run out of ink 
before changing the cart?  OEM or aftermarket cart?  Need a little 
information, please.

"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message 
news:o8co71d03rl59i3689arft0tjqsag96v33@4ax.com...
> When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
> pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
> problem?
> I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
> parts of the black pattern.
>
> Regards Brian 


0
Burt
5/7/2005 3:33:59 AM
I posted at the same time as Tony - absolutely contact Arthur Entlich as 
Tony suggests.  Following his instructions, I was able to get my Epson 
Stylus 900 back in excellent working order.

"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message 
news:o8co71d03rl59i3689arft0tjqsag96v33@4ax.com...
> When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
> pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
> problem?
> I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
> parts of the black pattern.
>
> Regards Brian 


0
Burt
5/7/2005 3:36:36 AM

Tony wrote:

>Hi Brian
>Based on the model you have quoted the printer is probably well out of warranty 
>so I suggest that you e-mail Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> and ask 
>him for help, he will e-mail you an excellent manual that will almost certainly 
>help. If it is under warranty then call your nearest Epson service agent or the 
>supplier of the printer for advice.
>Tony
>  
>

Like he does not know he should call Epson if the thing is in warranty

>Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:
>  
>
>>When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
>>pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
>>Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
>>problem?
>>I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
>>parts of the black pattern.
>>
>>Regards Brian
>>    
>>
>
>  
>
0
measekite
5/7/2005 6:11:35 AM

Burt wrote:

>I posted at the same time as Tony - absolutely contact Arthur Entlich as 
>Tony suggests.  Following his instructions, I was able to get my Epson 
>Stylus 900 back in excellent working order.
>  
>

Epson recommends Epson BRAND carts so you will have less problems.

>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message 
>news:o8co71d03rl59i3689arft0tjqsag96v33@4ax.com...
>  
>
>>When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
>>pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
>>Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
>>problem?
>>I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
>>parts of the black pattern.
>>
>>Regards Brian 
>>    
>>
>
>
>  
>
0
measekite
5/7/2005 6:14:37 AM
Before you try more vigorous cleaning run the Epson cleaning program a
couple of times the without any further printing leave it to stand over
night. Next day run a further clean then do a nozzle print out. This may be
of help if you are not using OEM carts.

"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
news:o8co71d03rl59i3689arft0tjqsag96v33@4ax.com...
> When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
> pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
> problem?
> I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
> parts of the black pattern.
>
> Regards Brian


0
Shooter
5/7/2005 11:39:49 AM
Hi Brian,

Please email me at my private address above and ask for the Epson 
Cleaning Manual and I will gladly send you a free copy.

Please include the model number and problem, and if you know, what type 
of inks you are using,

Thanks,

Art



Brian wrote:




> When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
> pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
> problem?
> I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
> parts of the black pattern.
> 
> Regards Brian
0
Arthur
5/7/2005 11:44:29 AM
"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Did it print OK before changing the cart?  Did you completely run out of ink 
>before changing the cart?  OEM or aftermarket cart?  Need a little 
>information, please.
>
>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message 
>news:o8co71d03rl59i3689arft0tjqsag96v33@4ax.com...
>> When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
>> pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
>> Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
>> problem?
>> I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
>> parts of the black pattern.
>>
>> Regards Brian 
>
Thanks for your reply Burt and others who have replied.
I had not used my Epson printer for a while and noticed a bad print
out.  I did the test pattern and the pattern for the black ink was
missing in parts of the pattern. I then changed the black cart and had
the same problem. The printer is not under warrantee as I have had it
for a long time. I don't use it very often as most of my printing is
for text which I do on a laser printer, so the ink may have dried in
parts of the printer. I'm hoping to get it fixed as I have some photos
I'd like to print in colour.

As this printer is aging I'm wondering if there have been any
improvements in printout photo quality?
I only things I have against it is that it's slow for high quality
printing and tends to use a lot of ink on the paper so printing on
both sides of the page is sometimes not possible with 80 gram paper.

Regards Brian
0
Brian
5/7/2005 12:58:38 PM
If your printer quality is the same as my Stylus 900, current printers 
produce better photo prints.  That said, however, my ES 900 did very decent 
photos, and it was not difficult to clean the print head with Arthur 
Entlich's instructions.  No need to take it to a repair facility for a print 
head clog as it is simple to do at home and it would probably be more cost 
effective to replace it rather than have it professionally done.  Given that 
you don't print photos often I would fix it myself and enjoy printing with 
it.  I switched to a Canon I960 for ease of refilling carts and being able 
to print borderless photos.  The print quality  is much better, technically, 
but the prints I did for years with the ES900 are very nice also.  For the 
years I used it for photo printing I felt the result was really good.  All 
relative!

"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message 
news:abep711i5nao38uvohu1oh63c7h7qhgao2@4ax.com...
> "Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
>>Did it print OK before changing the cart?  Did you completely run out of 
>>ink
>>before changing the cart?  OEM or aftermarket cart?  Need a little
>>information, please.
>>
>>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
>>news:o8co71d03rl59i3689arft0tjqsag96v33@4ax.com...
>>> When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
>>> pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
>>> Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
>>> problem?
>>> I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
>>> parts of the black pattern.
>>>
>>> Regards Brian
>>
> Thanks for your reply Burt and others who have replied.
> I had not used my Epson printer for a while and noticed a bad print
> out.  I did the test pattern and the pattern for the black ink was
> missing in parts of the pattern. I then changed the black cart and had
> the same problem. The printer is not under warrantee as I have had it
> for a long time. I don't use it very often as most of my printing is
> for text which I do on a laser printer, so the ink may have dried in
> parts of the printer. I'm hoping to get it fixed as I have some photos
> I'd like to print in colour.
>
> As this printer is aging I'm wondering if there have been any
> improvements in printout photo quality?
> I only things I have against it is that it's slow for high quality
> printing and tends to use a lot of ink on the paper so printing on
> both sides of the page is sometimes not possible with 80 gram paper.
>
> Regards Brian 


0
Burt
5/7/2005 3:56:23 PM

Burt wrote:

>If your printer quality is the same as my Stylus 900, current printers 
>produce better photo prints.  That said, however, my ES 900 did very decent 
>photos, and it was not difficult to clean the print head with Arthur 
>Entlich's instructions.  No need to take it to a repair facility for a print 
>head clog as it is simple to do at home and it would probably be more cost 
>effective to replace it rather than have it professionally done.  Given that 
>you don't print photos often I would fix it myself and enjoy printing with 
>it.  I switched to a Canon I960 for ease of refilling carts and being able 
>to print borderless photos. 
>

I switched to Canon (IP4000) for the excellent photo quality with OEM 
inks, dual paper feed, and duplex printing as well as great speed.

> The print quality  is much better, technically, 
>but the prints I did for years with the ES900 are very nice also.  For the 
>years I used it for photo printing I felt the result was really good.  All 
>relative!
>
>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message 
>news:abep711i5nao38uvohu1oh63c7h7qhgao2@4ax.com...
>  
>
>>"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>
>>    
>>
>>>Did it print OK before changing the cart?  Did you completely run out of 
>>>ink
>>>before changing the cart?  OEM or aftermarket cart?  Need a little
>>>information, please.
>>>
>>>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
>>>news:o8co71d03rl59i3689arft0tjqsag96v33@4ax.com...
>>>      
>>>
>>>>When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
>>>>pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
>>>>Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
>>>>problem?
>>>>I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
>>>>parts of the black pattern.
>>>>
>>>>Regards Brian
>>>>        
>>>>
>>Thanks for your reply Burt and others who have replied.
>>I had not used my Epson printer for a while and noticed a bad print
>>out.  I did the test pattern and the pattern for the black ink was
>>missing in parts of the pattern. I then changed the black cart and had
>>the same problem. The printer is not under warrantee as I have had it
>>for a long time. I don't use it very often as most of my printing is
>>for text which I do on a laser printer, so the ink may have dried in
>>parts of the printer. I'm hoping to get it fixed as I have some photos
>>I'd like to print in colour.
>>
>>As this printer is aging I'm wondering if there have been any
>>improvements in printout photo quality?
>>I only things I have against it is that it's slow for high quality
>>printing and tends to use a lot of ink on the paper so printing on
>>both sides of the page is sometimes not possible with 80 gram paper.
>>
>>Regards Brian 
>>    
>>
>
>
>  
>
0
measekite
5/7/2005 4:03:30 PM
measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
>Burt wrote:
>
>>If your printer quality is the same as my Stylus 900, current printers 
>>produce better photo prints.  That said, however, my ES 900 did very decent 
>>photos, and it was not difficult to clean the print head with Arthur 
>>Entlich's instructions.  No need to take it to a repair facility for a print 
>>head clog as it is simple to do at home and it would probably be more cost 
>>effective to replace it rather than have it professionally done.  Given that 
>>you don't print photos often I would fix it myself and enjoy printing with 
>>it.  I switched to a Canon I960 for ease of refilling carts and being able 
>>to print borderless photos. 
>>
>
>I switched to Canon (IP4000) for the excellent photo quality with OEM 
>inks, dual paper feed, and duplex printing as well as great speed.
>
>> The print quality  is much better, technically, 
>>but the prints I did for years with the ES900 are very nice also.  For the 
>>years I used it for photo printing I felt the result was really good.  All 
>>relative!
>>
>>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message 
>>news:abep711i5nao38uvohu1oh63c7h7qhgao2@4ax.com...
>>  
>>
>>>"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>    
>>>
>>>>Did it print OK before changing the cart?  Did you completely run out of 
>>>>ink
>>>>before changing the cart?  OEM or aftermarket cart?  Need a little
>>>>information, please.
>>>>
>>>>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
>>>>news:o8co71d03rl59i3689arft0tjqsag96v33@4ax.com...
>>>>      
>>>>
>>>>>When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
>>>>>pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
>>>>>Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
>>>>>problem?
>>>>>I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
>>>>>parts of the black pattern.
>>>>>
>>>>>Regards Brian
>>>>>        
>>>>>
>>>Thanks for your reply Burt and others who have replied.
>>>I had not used my Epson printer for a while and noticed a bad print
>>>out.  I did the test pattern and the pattern for the black ink was
>>>missing in parts of the pattern. I then changed the black cart and had
>>>the same problem. The printer is not under warrantee as I have had it
>>>for a long time. I don't use it very often as most of my printing is
>>>for text which I do on a laser printer, so the ink may have dried in
>>>parts of the printer. I'm hoping to get it fixed as I have some photos
>>>I'd like to print in colour.
>>>
>>>As this printer is aging I'm wondering if there have been any
>>>improvements in printout photo quality?
>>>I only things I have against it is that it's slow for high quality
>>>printing and tends to use a lot of ink on the paper so printing on
>>>both sides of the page is sometimes not possible with 80 gram paper.
>>>
>>>Regards Brian 
>>>    
>>
Hi measekite
If you use to own a Epson printer than you'll be the second person in
my replies that has switched to a Canon printer. I had a look at the
Canon printers recently and there are many to choose from with a wide
range in price. It must be difficult for a buyer to know what one to
choose.
I have a recently brought a Canon digital camera which made me
interested in Canon printers.

Regards Brian
0
Brian
5/8/2005 1:36:03 AM
I have researched Canon,Epson and HP printers at great length.  You can 
also.  You can also read reviews at www.pcmag.com

choose reviews and look for all of the Canon, HP, and Epson Reviews.

The Canon IP4000 is the best value, the fastest, has like all of the 
PIXMA line dual paper feed and full duplex printing. 

The Canon IP8500 is the best standard format printer but it is pricey 
and uses an additional 3 ink carts.  It does not print business document 
as well but it does print those subtle shades of color and probably 
prints skin tone slightly better.

The Canon i9900 is the best of the best and it is a wide format printer 
that can print up 13x19; however it is not a Pixma and does not have the 
Pixma features.

I would love to see a successor to this as a full fledged Pixma with a 
size up to 16x20 but that is not even a rumor at this point.  I hope 
that info helps.

Brian wrote:

>measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>  
>
>>Burt wrote:
>>
>>    
>>
>>>If your printer quality is the same as my Stylus 900, current printers 
>>>produce better photo prints.  That said, however, my ES 900 did very decent 
>>>photos, and it was not difficult to clean the print head with Arthur 
>>>Entlich's instructions.  No need to take it to a repair facility for a print 
>>>head clog as it is simple to do at home and it would probably be more cost 
>>>effective to replace it rather than have it professionally done.  Given that 
>>>you don't print photos often I would fix it myself and enjoy printing with 
>>>it.  I switched to a Canon I960 for ease of refilling carts and being able 
>>>to print borderless photos. 
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>I switched to Canon (IP4000) for the excellent photo quality with OEM 
>>inks, dual paper feed, and duplex printing as well as great speed.
>>
>>    
>>
>>>The print quality  is much better, technically, 
>>>but the prints I did for years with the ES900 are very nice also.  For the 
>>>years I used it for photo printing I felt the result was really good.  All 
>>>relative!
>>>
>>>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message 
>>>news:abep711i5nao38uvohu1oh63c7h7qhgao2@4ax.com...
>>> 
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>>>"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>   
>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>>>Did it print OK before changing the cart?  Did you completely run out of 
>>>>>ink
>>>>>before changing the cart?  OEM or aftermarket cart?  Need a little
>>>>>information, please.
>>>>>
>>>>>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
>>>>>news:o8co71d03rl59i3689arft0tjqsag96v33@4ax.com...
>>>>>     
>>>>>
>>>>>          
>>>>>
>>>>>>When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
>>>>>>pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
>>>>>>Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
>>>>>>problem?
>>>>>>I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
>>>>>>parts of the black pattern.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Regards Brian
>>>>>>       
>>>>>>
>>>>>>            
>>>>>>
>>>>Thanks for your reply Burt and others who have replied.
>>>>I had not used my Epson printer for a while and noticed a bad print
>>>>out.  I did the test pattern and the pattern for the black ink was
>>>>missing in parts of the pattern. I then changed the black cart and had
>>>>the same problem. The printer is not under warrantee as I have had it
>>>>for a long time. I don't use it very often as most of my printing is
>>>>for text which I do on a laser printer, so the ink may have dried in
>>>>parts of the printer. I'm hoping to get it fixed as I have some photos
>>>>I'd like to print in colour.
>>>>
>>>>As this printer is aging I'm wondering if there have been any
>>>>improvements in printout photo quality?
>>>>I only things I have against it is that it's slow for high quality
>>>>printing and tends to use a lot of ink on the paper so printing on
>>>>both sides of the page is sometimes not possible with 80 gram paper.
>>>>
>>>>Regards Brian 
>>>>   
>>>>        
>>>>
>Hi measekite
>If you use to own a Epson printer than you'll be the second person in
>my replies that has switched to a Canon printer. I had a look at the
>Canon printers recently and there are many to choose from with a wide
>range in price. It must be difficult for a buyer to know what one to
>choose.
>I have a recently brought a Canon digital camera which made me
>interested in Canon printers.
>
>Regards Brian
>  
>
0
measekite
5/8/2005 2:26:41 AM
In general, the 740 is a pretty rugged printer, and can usually be 
brought back to its old glory with a bit of assistance.

Art

Brian wrote:


>>
> Thanks for your reply Burt and others who have replied.
> I had not used my Epson printer for a while and noticed a bad print
> out.  I did the test pattern and the pattern for the black ink was
> missing in parts of the pattern. I then changed the black cart and had
> the same problem. The printer is not under warrantee as I have had it
> for a long time. I don't use it very often as most of my printing is
> for text which I do on a laser printer, so the ink may have dried in
> parts of the printer. I'm hoping to get it fixed as I have some photos
> I'd like to print in colour.
> 
> As this printer is aging I'm wondering if there have been any
> improvements in printout photo quality?
> I only things I have against it is that it's slow for high quality
> printing and tends to use a lot of ink on the paper so printing on
> both sides of the page is sometimes not possible with 80 gram paper.
> 
> Regards Brian
0
Arthur
5/8/2005 10:27:07 AM
I can second that comment from Art, as we still have 28 Epson 740 's running 
in our school now since 1999. Two years ago, just before summer a teacher 
took out an empty color cartridge, meaning to put in a new one. She forgot 
to ask me about it until September. The printer sat without a cartridge in 
its printhead for 10 weeks. She asked me for a new one in September and told 
me what she'd done. Needless to say I was fit to be tied when she explained 
the situation.
  After installing a new cartridge I went through about 15 cleaning cycles 
(about 5 per day) and got the yellow and red unclogged, but the blue only 
gave a hint of color.  The color ran out and I stuck in a new cartridge (by 
the way, we used 3rd party inks from Inktek). After 6 months there was a 
little more blue but nothing to speak of. Last year I tried it again and 
what do you know the blue came through and it's still running.
  I always considered the 740 as one of the great breakthrough printers from 
Epson in its quality photo finishing. Today it's probably considered  noisy 
and slow, but it still does an admireable job printing on good Epson paper.

-- 
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net
or
jalter@phila.k12.pa.us
"Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:%Plfe.1277355$6l.694190@pd7tw2no...
> In general, the 740 is a pretty rugged printer, and can usually be brought 
> back to its old glory with a bit of assistance.
>
> Art
>
> Brian wrote:
>
>
>>>
>> Thanks for your reply Burt and others who have replied.
>> I had not used my Epson printer for a while and noticed a bad print
>> out.  I did the test pattern and the pattern for the black ink was
>> missing in parts of the pattern. I then changed the black cart and had
>> the same problem. The printer is not under warrantee as I have had it
>> for a long time. I don't use it very often as most of my printing is
>> for text which I do on a laser printer, so the ink may have dried in
>> parts of the printer. I'm hoping to get it fixed as I have some photos
>> I'd like to print in colour.
>>
>> As this printer is aging I'm wondering if there have been any
>> improvements in printout photo quality?
>> I only things I have against it is that it's slow for high quality
>> printing and tends to use a lot of ink on the paper so printing on
>> both sides of the page is sometimes not possible with 80 gram paper.
>>
>> Regards Brian 


0
Jan
5/8/2005 8:59:41 PM
Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote:

>Hi Brian,
>
>Please email me at my private address above and ask for the Epson 
>Cleaning Manual and I will gladly send you a free copy.
>
>Please include the model number and problem, and if you know, what type 
>of inks you are using,
>
>Thanks,
>
>Art
>
>
>
>Brian wrote:
>
>
>
>
>> When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
>> pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
>> Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
>> problem?
>> I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
>> parts of the black pattern.
>> 
>> Regards Brian

Hi Arthur,
                    I did like you said but still have not received
the Epson Cleaning Manual from you. I've checked my e-mail.

Regards Brian 
0
Brian
5/9/2005 11:16:18 AM
"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
news:1hhu71lq2j84sc4r6976icqq9jfv3k976a@4ax.com...

> Hi Arthur,
>                     I did like you said but still have not received
> the Epson Cleaning Manual from you. I've checked my e-mail.

Patience Brian, Arthur's a busy man but it is worth the wait!

I used his techniques on a clogged 440 and a 740 and both were restored to
full functionality.

Mike


0
MikeD
5/9/2005 12:07:33 PM
Hi Brian,

Please let me know via private email if you still haven't received the 
manual.  It did go out a few days ago, but I just changed ISP and it is 
possible something got lost in translation.

I have spent the last two days moving email files around so, there may 
have been an error made somewhere.

Art

Brian wrote:

> Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote:
> 
> 
>>Hi Brian,
>>
>>Please email me at my private address above and ask for the Epson 
>>Cleaning Manual and I will gladly send you a free copy.
>>
>>Please include the model number and problem, and if you know, what type 
>>of inks you are using,
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Art
>>
>>
>>
>>Brian wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
>>>pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
>>>Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
>>>problem?
>>>I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
>>>parts of the black pattern.
>>>
>>>Regards Brian
> 
> 
> Hi Arthur,
>                     I did like you said but still have not received
> the Epson Cleaning Manual from you. I've checked my e-mail.
> 
> Regards Brian 
0
Arthur
5/11/2005 5:49:37 PM
Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote:

>Hi Brian,
>
>Please let me know via private email if you still haven't received the 
>manual.  It did go out a few days ago, but I just changed ISP and it is 
>possible something got lost in translation.
>
>I have spent the last two days moving email files around so, there may 
>have been an error made somewhere.
>
>Art
>
>Brian wrote:
>
>> Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote:
>> 
>> 
>>>Hi Brian,
>>>
>>>Please email me at my private address above and ask for the Epson 
>>>Cleaning Manual and I will gladly send you a free copy.
>>>
>>>Please include the model number and problem, and if you know, what type 
>>>of inks you are using,
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Art
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>Brian wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
>>>>pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
>>>>Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
>>>>problem?
>>>>I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
>>>>parts of the black pattern.
>>>>
>>>>Regards Brian
>> 
>> 
>> Hi Arthur,
>>                     I did like you said but still have not received
>> the Epson Cleaning Manual from you. I've checked my e-mail.
>> 
>> Regards Brian 

Thanks Arthur, but I have not received the manual.
What was the title of the subject of ther e-mail you sent to me?

Regards Brian
bclark@es.co.nz

0
Brian
5/12/2005 12:30:05 PM
Hi Brian,

it was the same as this thread:

Re: Epson Color Stylus 740 inkjet printer - pattern not printing correctly

I will send out another copy right now.  It will be sent from the 
address I used above to send this posting from, please make sure your 
spam blocker is allowing it through.  It is 60Kb in size, approximately.

Thanks

Art

Brian wrote:

> Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote:
> 
> 
>>Hi Brian,
>>
>>Please let me know via private email if you still haven't received the 
>>manual.  It did go out a few days ago, but I just changed ISP and it is 
>>possible something got lost in translation.
>>
>>I have spent the last two days moving email files around so, there may 
>>have been an error made somewhere.
>>
>>Art
>>
>>Brian wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Hi Brian,
>>>>
>>>>Please email me at my private address above and ask for the Epson 
>>>>Cleaning Manual and I will gladly send you a free copy.
>>>>
>>>>Please include the model number and problem, and if you know, what type 
>>>>of inks you are using,
>>>>
>>>>Thanks,
>>>>
>>>>Art
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Brian wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
>>>>>pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
>>>>>Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
>>>>>problem?
>>>>>I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
>>>>>parts of the black pattern.
>>>>>
>>>>>Regards Brian
>>>
>>>
>>>Hi Arthur,
>>>                    I did like you said but still have not received
>>>the Epson Cleaning Manual from you. I've checked my e-mail.
>>>
>>>Regards Brian 
> 
> 
> Thanks Arthur, but I have not received the manual.
> What was the title of the subject of ther e-mail you sent to me?
> 
> Regards Brian
> bclark@es.co.nz
> 
0
Arthur
5/12/2005 1:11:36 PM
Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote:

>Hi Brian,
>
>it was the same as this thread:
>
>Re: Epson Color Stylus 740 inkjet printer - pattern not printing correctly
>
>I will send out another copy right now.  It will be sent from the 
>address I used above to send this posting from, please make sure your 
>spam blocker is allowing it through.  It is 60Kb in size, approximately.
>
>Thanks
>
>Art
>
>Brian wrote:
>
>> Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote:
>> 
>> 
>>>Hi Brian,
>>>
>>>Please let me know via private email if you still haven't received the 
>>>manual.  It did go out a few days ago, but I just changed ISP and it is 
>>>possible something got lost in translation.
>>>
>>>I have spent the last two days moving email files around so, there may 
>>>have been an error made somewhere.
>>>
>>>Art
>>>
>>>Brian wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Hi Brian,
>>>>>
>>>>>Please email me at my private address above and ask for the Epson 
>>>>>Cleaning Manual and I will gladly send you a free copy.
>>>>>
>>>>>Please include the model number and problem, and if you know, what type 
>>>>>of inks you are using,
>>>>>
>>>>>Thanks,
>>>>>
>>>>>Art
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>Brian wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that
>>>>>>pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK.
>>>>>>Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this
>>>>>>problem?
>>>>>>I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing
>>>>>>parts of the black pattern.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Regards Brian
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Hi Arthur,
>>>>                    I did like you said but still have not received
>>>>the Epson Cleaning Manual from you. I've checked my e-mail.
>>>>
>>>>Regards Brian 
>> 
>> 
>> Thanks Arthur, but I have not received the manual.
>> What was the title of the subject of ther e-mail you sent to me?
>> 
>> Regards Brian
>> bclark@es.co.nz
>> 
Thanks Arthur.
I got the manual this time.
One of my e-mail filters had put it into a different folder.

Looks like the manual was worth the wait. I'll start reading it now...

Regards Brian.
0
Brian
5/13/2005 1:11:46 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

Is printing from DOS boot disk supposed to work through LPT1 with an EPSON Color STYLUS 880 Printer?
Someone told me that booting to DOS with a boot disk will not let me print even with type filename.txt > lpt1 and print key. Is it because of lack of printer drivers? I always thought printers had a standard to work without driver in DOS. I was puzzled why it didn't work now, but it worked in the past. Maybe because I had an old HP 560c Deskjet printer and IBM ProPrinter X24LE(?) dot matrix printer. Thank you in advance. :) -- "None preaches better than the ant, and she says nothing." --Ben Franklin /\___/\ /...

Epson printer stylus color 600 only works with Epson 440 software ?
My Epson stylus color 600 will not print with the software from my CD or Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus 440 software it will print. Any reason for this to happen. I have windows 98. Some of the older Epson drivers tended to not uninstall fully, sometimes causing corrupted drivers or remnants from drivers portions from other printers to interact with one another. In some cases, the only fix is to ask Epson for a list of all the driver parts and locations and manually go through and remove them and then reinstall. If the printer appears to ...

Epson printer stylus color 600 only works with Epson 440 software
My Epson stylus color 600 will not print with the software from my CD or Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus 440 software it will print. Any reason for this to happen. I have windows 98. ...

color correction for Epson printer
I use Photoshop 7 with an Epson 980 printer. I refill my own cartridges, and the printer colors are not true to the screen colors. I've read documents on color correction and did have some luck with corrections, but there must be an easier way to do this. Are there any pre-made color swatch files or other shortcuts to do a simple color correction for a given printer. I'm not trying to correct my scanner as mostly I print photos loaded straight from a digital camera. Thanks in advance for any help. John "Doctor John" <nospamplease@stabarnd.net> wrote: > I use...

Specific Printer/Printing Question
This is more of a "I'm puzzled why it works this way, but not that" question. For my digital images/photos, I have the Working Space as Adobe RGB. As noted above, I have an Epson Stylus Photo 925. Epson recently released an updated version of their Print Image Matching software which installs specific ICC profiles for their papers. Scenario 1: Source Space is still set to Adobe RGB. Print Space is set to, for example, StylusPhoto 925 Glossy Photo Paper (profile for this printer and their Glossy Photo Paper). Under Properties, I choose Custom/Advanced settings and ch...

Printing does not work reliably under RedHat FC1 with gimp-print and Epson stylus photo 890 printer
Hi, I am running RedHat Fedora Core 1 with cups and gimp-print using an Epson stylus photo 890 printer connected via USB. When it works, it is a pleasure and a joy to work with, the equal of anything available under MS-Windoze. But when it fails, the only way to clear the problem seems to be to remove the queue from cups, shutdown the printer, cycle power on the machine, then recreate the queue. When the subsystem hangs, I can try running escputil and it, too, will hang. In fact, a kill -9 will not unhang it, I have to reboot. Frequently, when the subsystem hangs, there are two or t...

Re: Printing does not work reliably under RedHat FC1 with gimp-print and Epson stylus photo 890 printer
On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 07:52:50 +0000, Jeff Silverman wrote: > Hi, I am running RedHat Fedora Core 1 with cups and gimp-print using an > Epson stylus photo 890 printer connected via USB. When it works, it is > a pleasure and a joy to work with, the equal of anything available under > MS-Windoze. Huh? Only equal!!!? That is pretty bad by Linux standards to be merely "equal," but I guess it depends on your definition of "equal." > But when it fails, the only way to clear the problem seems > to be to remove the queue from cups, shutdown the printer, cycl...

Problem with Epson stylus 740 printer
Hi Group, I just have installed XP WINDOW to my PC. It seems that it does not support Epson stylus 740 which I used for Window 98. Any information would be appreciate. Thanks you. Install the Win2000 driver when you get the error screen that says it is not designed for the Windows you are using disregard it - it works fine. Then download & install the status monitor. On 20 Jan 2004 09:34:45 -0800, dthan@scco.edu wrote: >Hi Group, > >I just have installed XP WINDOW to my PC. It seems that it does not >support Epson stylus 740 which I used for Window 98. Any...

Printer Head blocked in Epson Stylus C 45 printer......
I have been using Epson stylus C 43 SX and Epson stylus C45...But every now and then they get blocked heads.....Now they are not covered under warranty....?? What can I do to run them again...???Please tell me a way out...from Raj craftsofwood(at) yahoo (dotta) com..posting here will also do... Raj from India wrote: > I have been using Epson stylus C 43 SX and Epson stylus C45...But every > now and then they get blocked heads.....Now they are not covered under > warranty....?? What can I do to run them again...???Please tell me a > way out...from Raj craftsofwood(...

10.3 "EPSON Printer Utility" desn't recognize Epson Stylus Color 777
"EPSON Printer Utility" (/Library/Printers/EPSON/Utilities/) in Panther show the printer window but the not list the USB Epson Stylus Color 777. However I was able print on this printer. For time to time I need to clean the printer nozzle. I can can do it in OS 9, but I want work in Panther. What can I do ? In article <abz-1811031618020001@192.168.1.3>, abz@videotron.ca (Alain Birtz) wrote: > "EPSON Printer Utility" (/Library/Printers/EPSON/Utilities/) in Panther > show the printer window but the not list the USB Epson Stylus Color 777. > However I was ab...

Epson Stylus Color 740 print problem
Hi all. This is it's last chance before it hits the bin. My Epson Stylus Color 740 will start to print ok, but when the printhead gets about 1/3 of the way from the left, there is a screech (for want of a better word), the heads remain still for a millisecond (just long enough for the printer to think they've returned home on the right), then it starts printing again. Trouble is, the heads are in the centre, the printer thinks they are home, and it prints away with heads hitting the side, belt jumping etc, and a jumbled up document.. I have stripped it, cleaned it, been all ov...

Printer drivers for Epson Stylus colour 740
Does anyone know whether there are drivers available for an Epson 740 stylus. I want to connect it up to my A3010 running Risc OS 3.1 if that will be an issue. Thanks, Joel Snape In article <a0183572.0412130219.2835bc0d@posting.google.com>, Joel Snape <JDSnape@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know whether there are drivers available for an Epson 740 > stylus. I want to connect it up to my A3010 running Risc OS 3.1 if > that will be an issue. Photodesk? ExpLAN? -- John Cartmell john@ followed by finnybank.com FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527 Qercus magazine & FD Games ...

FA: EPSON STYLUS 980 Color Printer
EPSON STYLUS 980 Color Printer. Fast and reliable workhorse printer, in great shape! Auction ends November 9th. Thanks for looking! (click or copy the link below to see).. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14303&item=3439089958 ...

Epson 740 printer won't print
My Epson Stylus Color 740 printer won't print. When I try to print (in black and white or color), nothing happens. I wait a while and finally just cancel my print job. The light idicating that it is out of color ink is lit up. I replaced my black and white ink cartridge but it didn't help. I tried to clean the print head but nothing happened when I clicked on the command to do so. On the 740, as with many other Epsons, if you have a a solid red light showing you will not get any printing done. On the 740 which red light is showing? Is it the one for the black or the c...

Web resources about - Epson Color Stylus 740 injet printer - pattern not printing correctly - comp.periphs.printers

STUDY COUNTERPOINT: Facebook Political Ads Effective When Used Correctly
Not so fast! When used properly, political ads on Facebook are useful, says one public-affairs strategist in response to a study by a pair of ...

invest correctly (@investcorrectly) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here invest correctly @ investcorrectly ...

Speak and Write Correctly on the App Store on iTunes
Get Speak and Write Correctly on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Spell Dwyane Wade Correctly and Win $100 - YouTube
Dwyane Wade from the Miami Heat is the athlete that has the most commonly misspelled name. So we thought we'd turn that into a game. We went ...

How To Correctly Use Sex Toys - CityKat
Forget about the what - sex toys are all about the how.

Breathing Correctly
The most natural physiological function can also be one of the hardest to master.

Clark chat must be done correctly: AFL CEO
AFL boss Gillon McLachlan hopes the discussion around Mitch Clark's mooted comeback and potential departure from the Demons is 'done the right ...

Richard Branson offers unlimited vacation days (you read that correctly)
Note: The CBC does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comments, you acknowledge that CBC has the right to reproduce, ...

The Westboro Baptist Church Just Can't Hate Ireland Correctly
The church has been hating for so long, it's like they've forgotten how to do it!

Park urges Japanese leaders to perceive history correctly
Park urges Japanese leaders to perceive history correctly People's Daily Online Global TimesChinadaily.com.cn Ecns.cn Show ChinaChina Human ...

Resources last updated: 2/12/2016 2:49:23 AM