EPSON CX4600 printer won't print

I have noticed several posts saying that their Epson CX4600 printer won't
print after changing the printer cartridges.  I'm having the same problems.
I've tried cleaning and unplugging the printer for a time, but it still
doesn't work.  It started when I changed the black cartridge.  I couldn't get
any black to come out.  Eventually the colored cartridges needed to be
changed and now I get a blank page when printing.  The monitor shows that I
used half of my black cartridge, but I don't see where it could have gone.
I'm wondering if the monitoring software is wrong and how I would "reset" it
to show that there is still a full black cartridge.

Can anyone help?
0
Lalu

Drop Art an E-mail requesting his cleaning instructions which are fre
of charge. You will see his keyboard tappings up and down these page
under Arthur Entlich

Send problem and model to e-printerhelp(@)mvps(.)or
remove the brackets leaving no spaces

One problem is the waste pipe comping away from underneath the dockin
area, you should see ink gurgling through this clear plastic tube whe
you either switch on or do a cleaning cycle, if you can't then there'
the chance it 'may' have come away

Just get a pencil and very gently lift the end nearest the dockin
bay... the slightest resistance indicates that it is ok and attache
but if it flops about easily then that could be your problem

What happens is as you know when you switch on it goes through
cleaning cycle, the pump is driven from the paper feed rollor and i
it comes away then it's not going to draw any ink from the nozzles t
do the cleaning cycle.... the ink will just mount up dry and clog

But first see Art

Dav

0
no
6/11/2006 9:46:54 PM
Yes, I can.

It is a very common problem with the Durabrite C and CX printers.

Email me at:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
Dot = .

No cost to you and no spam.

Art

Lalu wrote:

> I have noticed several posts saying that their Epson CX4600 printer won't
> print after changing the printer cartridges.  I'm having the same problems.
> I've tried cleaning and unplugging the printer for a time, but it still
> doesn't work.  It started when I changed the black cartridge.  I couldn't get
> any black to come out.  Eventually the colored cartridges needed to be
> changed and now I get a blank page when printing.  The monitor shows that I
> used half of my black cartridge, but I don't see where it could have gone.
> I'm wondering if the monitoring software is wrong and how I would "reset" it
> to show that there is still a full black cartridge.
>
> Can anyone help?
0
Arthur

Epson CX4600 printer won't print-nozzles clogged?
Hello, My parents have an Epson CX4600 (all in one unit with scanner/copier/printer). They recently changed the Black (T0441) cartridge. The status monitor reports the other cartridges are empty. I know for a fact they aren't. When I shake the yellow, magenta and cyan carts, they have plenty of ink. I tried the status print and head cleaning operations. However I can't get those functions to work because the ink light remains lit no matter what. Is there another cleaning procedure for the ink nozzles or heads that can be performed so that my parents don't have to spend $...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Epson printer won't print
A friend of mine with an Epson USB printer a couple years old running under Windows 98 is having a problem not being able to print. She says the printer indicates no paper is present when there is ample paper. When the printer is turned off and then back on it usually prints. Is there a fairly easy solution for this problem? ...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

Epson printers won't print from Firefox
I am using two epson printers, 1160 and C63, they both print very well in all programs except firefox. It shows the spool window but only for a split second and then nothing prints. I am using a G4 duel processor mac with os x 10.4.8. I have upgraded to the latest printer driver and latest version of firefox but still no printing. Any ideas? hesdaile@gmail.com wrote: > I am using two epson printers, 1160 and C63, they both print very well > in all programs except firefox. It shows the spool window but only for > a split second and then nothing prints. > I am using a G4 duel proce...

Epson 740 printer won't print
My Epson Stylus Color 740 printer won't print. When I try to print (in black and white or color), nothing happens. I wait a while and finally just cancel my print job. The light idicating that it is out of color ink is lit up. I replaced my black and white ink cartridge but it didn't help. I tried to clean the print head but nothing happened when I clicked on the command to do so. On the 740, as with many other Epsons, if you have a a solid red light showing you will not get any printing done. On the 740 which red light is showing? Is it the one for the black or the c...

iPhoto won't print to my Epson printer
Fellow Mac users: After using the program and printer for about 9 months, iPhoto 2.0 will not print to my Epson Stylus Photo 925. Here's what I've done. 1. Called Epson - In that the printer works with other applications including MS Word and Epson's Film Factory, they say that the problem is not with their printer. 2. Called Apple - trashed com.apple.iphoto.plist preference, tried starting with all new preferences. No luck. They say that they can't help me. Here's what happens. The signal goes from the computer to the printer. The printer starts to process. The...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

printer won't print straight
At work, we have an HP clolor laserjet 4600. I had a document with a border. When I printed it, the document apparently was not straight, as the margin to the top of the border was slanted. Does it just about every time, although the slant differs from time to time. Is there some calibration I can do? Thanks, Peter This is a common problem with laser printers. As the paper feed rollers wear, paper can slip and slide as it is being pulled through the printer resulting in skewiff borders. You will need to replace the paper feed rollers. James Sodor www.whatcartridge.com ...

Printer won't print black?
Hi, I have an Epson printer. When I changed out the black cartridge this time it wouldn't print. After many hours of frustration - trying a different new cartridge, printing in colors, cleaning printing heads repeatedly, uninstalling and reinstalling driver, and communicating with Epson - I have discovered this morning that it may not be the printer. I installed a different printer, hp officejet 6100 all-in-one, went through all the software installation procedures and finally attempted to print the document from yesterday. Did not print in black ink??? I printed the sa...

Laser Printer Won't Print
I've owned my Minolta QMS 1200w for five year and the last time I changed the cartridge was four years ago. Today I tried to print a document and keep getting the error message "This document failed to print". I've checked the parallel cable connections and power supply, tried printing from the command prompt without success. I've uninstalled the printer and reinstalled using the "Add Printer" again without success. I've taken the cartridge out of the printer and gently shaken it from side to side. I'm pretty sure that the cartridge is empty e...

Printer won't print landscape
I have an HP 1300 laserjet printer. I just connected it to a Linksys PSUS4 print server. In order to get it to work, I had to change it from a CUPS printer to a networked Unix printer using printtool: Queue type: Networked UNIX (LPS) Server: 192.168.1.6 Queue: lp Now it does not print landscape fro OpenOffice, or anywhere for that matter. I've tried changing the driver, as well as other options using printtool under Fedora Core 4. I also tried using OO's spadmin but that had no affect either. Is it possible to get this configuration to support landscape printi...

Printer won't print any colors!
Canon i850, WinXP, USB. Don't know what's going on here. Printer worked normally a week or 2 ago when I last used it. But now it will only print black--no colors. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it. Updated driver to latest. Cleaned print head by removing it from printer and also from Maintenance tab. Any more ideas? First of all what happens when you do a nozzle test print from th printers maintenance Window....are there any colours showing on th test strip.. Dav "Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:%S83g.193466$iS4.193071...

Printer just won't print
I configured my printer with APSFILTER. It usually works very well, but this time I tried to install CUPS before and it might be why I've had problems ever since. When I look at the printer settings in KDE, everything seems fine. When I try to print a document, I receive a message saying that data is sent to the printer, but nothing happens thereafter. I don't even recieve an error message. I can't even print from the command line with lpr /etc/hosts or echo "Hello World" | lpr -PCan300. No error message, no nothing. lpq (ou lpstat) yields: Printer: Can300@here ...

Web resources about - EPSON CX4600 printer won't print - comp.periphs.printers