epson inks: CX series durbraite ink line vs RX series 6 ink line

If I am looking for better quality photos and colour prints:

is the CX line with 4 colour Durabrite inks better than the 6 colour
inks in the RX line?

Are they better in:

image quality
fading/smudge resistence?

I am hoping for an all in one that allows cd/dvd printing, and I don't
think I can get that in the CX line with durabrite inks. But are those
inks better than the RX700 inks, which does allow cd/dvd printing.?

0
leonardz

I replaced my C80 recently with the R200 and there is no comparison. The
photos from the R200 on glossy paper are just like the came from the photo
processor. The C80 photos have a flatness to them. I had the C80 for about
three years and printed a lot of pictures but the R200 pictures are nicer.
Epson durabrite inks are some of the best on the market and last.

<leonardz@bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca> wrote in message
> If I am looking for better quality photos and colour prints:
>
> is the CX line with 4 colour Durabrite inks better than the 6 colour
> inks in the RX line?
>
> Are they better in:
>
> image quality
> fading/smudge resistence?
>

> I am hoping for an all in one that allows cd/dvd printing, and I don't
> think I can get that in the CX line with durabrite inks. But are those
> inks better than the RX700 inks, which does allow cd/dvd printing.?

0
Woody
10/10/2005 11:16:46 PM
Thanks for the note: I believe the R300 uses the same 6 colour ink
system as the RX700, which is different from the DuraBrite. I think the
DuraBrite inks only come in 4 colours. Or am I incorrect?

0
leonardz
10/10/2005 11:33:34 PM

Woody wrote:

>I replaced my C80 recently with the R200 and there is no comparison. The
>photos from the R200 on glossy paper are just like the came from the photo
>processor. The C80 photos have a flatness to them. I had the C80 for about
>three years and printed a lot of pictures but the R200 pictures are nicer.
>Epson durabrite inks are some of the best on the market and last.

THAT IS LIKE COMPARING WIN2K AND DOS.

><leonardz@bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca> wrote in message
>

>>If I am looking for better quality photos and colour prints:
>>
>>is the CX line with 4 colour Durabrite inks better than the 6 colour
>>inks in the RX line?
>>
>>Are they better in:
>>
>>image quality
>>fading/smudge resistence?
>>

>>I am hoping for an all in one that allows cd/dvd printing, and I don't
>>think I can get that in the CX line with durabrite inks. But are those
>>inks better than the RX700 inks, which does allow cd/dvd printing.?

0
measekite
10/11/2005 12:37:29 AM
My reply is incorrect. The Durabrite are pigmented inks used in the Cxx
series which allows good prints on plain paper. The R300 is the same as the
R200 but with added standalone card functions.

> Thanks for the note: I believe the R300 uses the same 6 colour ink
> system as the RX700, which is different from the DuraBrite. I think the
> DuraBrite inks only come in 4 colours. Or am I incorrect?

0
Woody
10/11/2005 12:49:58 PM
You are comparing dye based inks with the R200-300 to pigmented inks in the
C series.  Dye based will look brighter and sharper.  The extra photo inks
will make a difference.  The Ultrabright pigment inks are better than the
durabrite inks.

"Woody" <TheDuck@pond.net> wrote in message
> My reply is incorrect. The Durabrite are pigmented inks used in the Cxx
> series which allows good prints on plain paper. The R300 is the same as
> the R200 but with added standalone card functions.
>
> <leonardz@bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the note: I believe the R300 uses the same 6 colour ink
>> system as the RX700, which is different from the DuraBrite. I think the
>> DuraBrite inks only come in 4 colours. Or am I incorrect?

0
Safetymom123
10/11/2005 7:43:33 PM
I believe the RX700 uses dye inks (six colors) (CcMmYK), while some of
the CX printers use  CMYK Durabrite inks which are pigment colorant in
formulation.

The Durabrite have very good fading characteristics, some of the best,
in fact.

If large gradients are important in your images, the six color prints
will look better, but fade more quickly.  It also sports a very small
1.5 picolitre mimimum sized dot.

Art

leonardz@bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca wrote:

> If I am looking for better quality photos and colour prints:
>
> is the CX line with 4 colour Durabrite inks better than the 6 colour
> inks in the RX line?
>
> Are they better in:
>
> image quality
> fading/smudge resistence?
>

> I am hoping for an all in one that allows cd/dvd printing, and I don't
> think I can get that in the CX line with durabrite inks. But are those
> inks better than the RX700 inks, which does allow cd/dvd printing.?

0
Arthur
10/12/2005 8:53:21 AM
Yes, other than the 2000P, the Durabrite ink line only come is 4 color.
  However, Epson has the Ultrachrome ink sets which come is a variety of
color sets, and they are also pigment colorant formulations.

Art

leonardz@bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca wrote:

> Thanks for the note: I believe the R300 uses the same 6 colour ink
> system as the RX700, which is different from the DuraBrite. I think the
> DuraBrite inks only come in 4 colours. Or am I incorrect?

0
Arthur

Printer Ink

Canon 4 ink Vs 6 ink printers
Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. Not really sure the card slots and screen are worth the extra money over the iP5200 but do these *and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the iP5200? In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around �170. Jack Torrence wrote: >Is there much different in photo print quality between Canon, or any other >manufactuers for that matter, 4 and 6 ink printers? > > YES. WHEN USING OEM INK CANON HAS MORE LIFE AND SNAP TO THE PHOTOS THAN THE COMPETING BRANDS. THE OEM INK ALSO COSTS LESS >Been looking at the iP5200 and iP6600D printers. > I WOULD SAY THAT THE IP5200 IS A BETTER BET IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE A COMPUTER TO EDIT YOUR PHOTOS WITH DECENT SOFTWARE. >Not really sure the card >slots and screen are worth the extra money > THEY ARE A WASTE JUST LIKE THE IP6000 THAT WAS INFERIOR >over the iP5200 but do these >*and* the 6 ink system of the iP6600 make it worth considering over the >iP5200? > > ABSOLUTLEY NOT >In the UK the iP5200 can be had for around �115 and the iP6600D for around >�170. > > PUT YOUR MONEY IN OEM INK > > > measekite wrote: > > Jack Torrence wrote: > > >Is there much diffe...

Lexmark 3200 ink vs. epson c84 ink? bulk refill
I had a Lexmark 3200 that I bought some bulk ink for. I got a new printer the epson c84 (which has the very sucky chip on the ink cartridge). can I use the ink from the lexmark bulk supplies to fill the epson ( t0431 )? thanks. I wouldn't. The ink in the C84 is all pigment and I don't think the Lexmark ink is. Want a ruin a good printer, go ahead and try it? "Safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:<Ds8bd.7639$5b1.3801@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>... > I wouldn't. The ink in the C84 is all pigment and I don't t...

Photo Ink vs Regular Ink
I'm running an HP C4180 which will take either a standard color ink cartridge (HP95) or a special Photo cartridge (HP99), "for brighter more vivid photos". I just noticed that the HP99 contains almost twice as much ink(13ml) as the HP 95 (7ml), and there is only about $1.00 difference in price (at Target). My question is, why not use the HP99 all the time instead of the HP95. Do the print heads put out more ink? Is there really a noticeable difference in "family" type snapshots, and will it make a difference in my day to day household printing? Just cur...

Cheap ink source for HP inks? (And are HP ink Pigmented or not?)
So with all these different kinds of inks floating around... what does HP use? Pigmented ink or not? and who here with HP printers refills and where do you get your inks? I've been buying locally- $20 for a 3 color kit with 32ml of each color. Or I can buy 60ml of each color for $11/ea. But I've seen prices online for $10-$15 for 8oz or more of each color. What kinds of ink do I want for a HP 7660 #57 tri-color cart? Any advice would be appreciated. All HP ink jet printers use dye inks. As far as I know, only certain Epson printers use pigmented inks. Lynn &qu...

Pigmented (Durabrite) inks vs. Dye inks ?
What's the diff? Advantages, disadvantages? Pigmented inks have greater longevity but clog easier. Dye inks look better and are more vibrant but do not last as long. I am talking about OEM only. Bob wrote: >What's the diff? Advantages, disadvantages? > > > > I can't give you all the disadvantages to using Durabrite but I'll name the key one that says avoid anything with the Durabrite name Durabrite inks mean a quick head clog unless you print very very regularly with your printer. Once the clog forms it will be just about impossi...

Bulk Pigment Ink for a Dye Ink Printer
I'm thinking of getting into the Niagara system of bulk ink through Media Street. My printer is an Epson R320 which uses dye inks. With that system, I can use their pigment type inks which is called Generations G-Chrome. Cost to start with the Niagara system is $269 American. The ink is $116.10 and comes in 4 ounce bottles. Digital Camera magazine (October 2005) has a favorable preview with this system using printers made for dye inks. I have several questions and maybe some here can help. 1. With this ink, what can I expect from an occasional text print from MS Word? As sharp as ...

Epson Ink
Whats the difference in formulation of Epson ink compared to Cano ink.. Reason I asked is that my C62 clogged on the 2nd day, the replacemen clogged on the 4th day. My Canon 4 to 5 months old now, and loosin count has still not clogged.. Some difference. Dav You are doing something to make it clog. I have had Epson's for over 10 years and never had a clog. Are you using Epson ink or refill garbage? The C62 uses pigmented ink, not die ink....... "Davy" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:tZHcf.245808$MS3.135520@fe09.news.easynews.com... > Whats the difference in formulation of Epson ink compared to Canon > ink..? > > Reason I asked is that my C62 clogged on the 2nd day, the replacement > clogged on the 4th day. My Canon 4 to 5 months old now, and loosing > count has still not clogged..! > > Some difference.! > > Davy > > You are doing something to make it clog. I have had Epson's for over 10 > years and never had a clog. Your lucky. I've never owned the c64 but i've heard enough comments about it to know it's not their best egg. Anyhow canon is a thermal bubble jet and the epson are micropiezo. Someone else explained that the nozzles on the micropiezos are deeper than thermal... this sounds reasonable as thermal requires just a wire. It sounds reasonable that deeper clog is more of a pain to remove than a shallow one. There was an earli...

Canon i865 and BCI-6 series inks
Looks like I'm about to sell my i850 and Epson 2100 and consolidate back to one printer, the new Canon i865. It seems like the US for some reason are getting jibbed again and are not getting the CD-R printing capabilities of this new model (just like the Epson 2100 vs 2200)... Anyway these are my only questions: Anyone used one yet? I assume the colour phot printing will be as good or better than the i850 which is fine, but what about the CD-R printing? How does it look in comparison to paper printing results? What are its limitations, if any? Can you set outer diameter, b...

Hp 26 ink VS Candon BCI24 ink.
Is there any real reason I cannot use ink for an HP56 cartridge (a few years old though), in a Canon BCI24-BK cart, for an S200 printer? I tried it, and it works. Gary Tait <classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid> wrote in message news:<5e0qrv0gr43a9o1hj506jpps2iosa3adfs@4ax.com>... > Is there any real reason I cannot use ink for an HP56 cartridge (a few > years old though), in a Canon BCI24-BK cart, for an S200 printer? > I tried it, and it works. Very interesting Gary. I have a similar story. I had an HP#78 cart that ran out and I'm not investing more in my HP pri...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. Billy Smitty wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 > & HP95. I'm using generic brand...

How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94 & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short, after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge, but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA. On Apr 16, 4:00=A0pm, billy smith <billy.sm...@Yenc.com> wrote: > Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which > uses HP94 &g...

Pigment inks and dye inks...
My experience with printers leads me to believe that any printer will clog if not used very often. At one time I stuck with OEM inks and found that even they suffered airlocks and gungeing up. Pigment based inks are used widely, but in my experience they tend to gunge up quicker than dye based inks. I have stuck with Epson, but am now torn between Epson and Canon, the argument being between the reliability of piezo heads against the simplicity of the ink supply system of the Canon iP4000. Since I do not use my printer often, would it be a reasonable assumption to refill with dye...

Ink Jet MICR ink
Has anyone any experience with the MICR ink jet ink sold by G7? I was interested in this material as an alternative for check printing with a MICR toner. Mike I know of ink sold by Canon, HP and Epson. I never knew of a printer called G. It must be a new maker. =-O Michael Hopper wrote: > Has anyone any experience with the MICR ink jet ink sold by G7? > > I was interested in this material as an alternative for check printing > with a MICR toner. > > Mike > > On Feb 18, 2:56 pm, measekite <inkysti...@oem.com> wrote: > I know of in...

R200 ink tones differ from other Epson dye-based inks
Hi all, I bought an Epson R200 months ago and, because of prohibitive cost of original cartridges in my country, installed on it a CIS using Sensient generic dye-based inks for Epson printers. Some weeks ago when I finished printing a massive quantity of 4x6" pictures and gave more attention to color reproduction, I have noticed a greenish cast which could be verified on every paper type, specially in the range of dark tones. I don't know if it was something new because I have no old print to compare. Anyway, I have done a little research for other ink manufacturers...

Disassembly Instructions for HP 1100 series printers Ink Cleaning
I took my 1115 apart to clean - boy what a mess. If you need to clean your HP nter ink well, etc. you need this. I wrote up instructions and took pictures. Disassembly, Cleaning, Reassembly - with hints and warnings. Breaks it all the way down and only what is necessary. You won't take things apart you don't need to. It just may save you from breaking things and wrong assembly. get a copy and make life easier.. It should be pretty exact for all 1100 series and maybe for something like 970 - don't know contact me at ruggbhell@nc.rr.com remove "hell" ...

Epson Ink, Canon Ink, HP Inkjet
Cdrdvdrmedia.com (http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com) - Online store for ink, epson inkjet, epson inkjet cartridge, epson toner cartridge, canon inkjet, canon inkjet cartridge, canon toner cartridge, hp inkjet, hp inkjet cartridge, hp toner cartridge, computer hardware and accessories. Feel free to browse our website for more information. E-mail:sales@cdrdvdrmedia.com Address: 18961 East Arenth Ave. City of Industry, CA 91748 Office Hours: 08:30AM ~ 05:30PM PST Tel: 1-626-854-2145 Toll Free: 1-888-813-5667 Fax: 1-626-854-6553 Website: http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com <cksupplier@g...

UV Ink and Ink Info
Hi to all 1. Do you know if there is UV ink for Inkjet printers? 2. Do yo know where I can buy bulk ink black color etc? 3. The ink jet ink is different from normal pen ink e.g. pelican, mont blanq etc. Thanks a lot George Hi George, I assume you are not looking for ink for a specific printer at this point, but more just specific materials for some project or production. The reason I say this is inkjet printers use differing technologies (the main ones are thermal and piezo technologies) and this can alter what can and cannot be done with the printer in terms ...

DTC serial line printer vs line printer over Jet Direct?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_021F_01C3E5DC.7CECB7C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable A400 MPEix 7.0. =20 I have a couple of line printers currently connected via DTC48. I have a DTC16ix already configured to replace the DTC48, but also have = jet direct boxes available for these printers.=20 One way or the other the data all go over the network whether 3000-DTC = or 3000-jetdirect via IP. The Serial portion of the path is the obvious limiting factor for print = ...

Solvent Inks & Eco-Solvent Inks for Digital Inkjet Printers.
Solvent Inks & Eco-Solvent Inks for Digital Inkjet Printers. Dear Sirs/Madame, Over three years, Inkwin Corporation has been synonymous with excellence in the inkjet printing industry. We are a leading manufacturer of digital printing inks trade-named Inkwin. Inkwin is one of the fastest growing specialty ink manufacturing companies with customers all over the world. We used our formulating talents to pioneer development of printing inks for digital printers used in the production of billboard graphics and textile. Whether your printers are using Xaar?, Spectra?, Epson? or other printheads, Inkwin will inevitably have a compatible DOD ink. Our products include: Solvent based pigment ink: fully compatible with Xaar and Spectra printheads Eco-solvent pigment ink: excellent print quality on Mimaki, Roland and Mutoh eco-solvent printers UV curable ink: An new pigment-based formulation for flatbed printers Digtial textile printing ink: Specially formulated for high-speed digital printing applications Custom ink: Can be specially developed for specific applications. We supply direct to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) and to end-users through approved distributors worldwide. At Inkwin we are committed to supplying the highest quality of pigment inkjet ink. We will continue to increase our product lines to meet the demanding needs for our customers. Our goal is simple: give our customers the best quality, service and support. We...

Ink Jet Printer Inks ( Col & Blk )
INK JET PRINTER REFILL INKS. Color printing is now inexpensive - Less than $ 2 a full refill !. Print quality - as good as the original ink !! FREE SHIPPING ========== a) Color and Black ( HP, Canon, Epson, Lexmark ) $ 19.50 per package consisting of following - 1. Color ink Magenta - 60 ml bottle 2. Color ink Yellow - 60 ml bottle 3. Color ink Cyan - 60 ml bottle 4. Black ink - 60 ml bottle 5. Syringes - 4 nos Sufficient for 12 refilling. --------------- Accessories: b) Resetter for Epson ink jet cartridges: $ 8 each -------------- c) Cartridges for Epson ink ...

Ink
Man I have found this site that has the cheapest ink for any printer. You can compare prices and then review the companies on service and quality. <http://www.imagraphix.com> Let me know what you think ...

Ink
Man I have found this site that has the cheapest ink for any printer. You can compare prices and then review the companies on service and quality. <http://www.imagraphix.com> Let me know what you think ...

Ink
Man I have found this site that has the cheapest ink for any printer. You can compare prices and then review the companies on service and quality. <http://www.imagraphix.com> Let me know what you think ...

Web resources about - epson inks: CX series durbraite ink line vs RX series 6 ink line - comp.periphs.printers