Epson IP4000 Printer

I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that many of
you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously considering replacing my
old 760, but have one concern. I understand that the CD printing feature is not
available in the US. Is this true? If so, is there a better Epson choice?

Bill
0
Bill

Bill Helbron wrote:
> I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that
> many of you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously
> considering replacing my old 760, but have one concern. I understand
> that the CD printing feature is not available in the US. Is this
> true? If so, is there a better Epson choice?
>
> Bill

First of all, watch out for you life if you say EPSON ip4000...it's CANON
ip4000 :-)))

second, yes, in US CDR printing is NOT available...in this case, Epson is
NOT a better choice, but ONLY one...

0
SleeperMan
2/23/2005 5:30:57 PM
Ooops!

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:30:57 +0100, "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:

>Bill Helbron wrote:
>> I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that
>> many of you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously
>> considering replacing my old 760, but have one concern. I understand
>> that the CD printing feature is not available in the US. Is this
>> true? If so, is there a better Epson choice?
>>
>> Bill
>
>First of all, watch out for you life if you say EPSON ip4000...it's CANON
>ip4000 :-)))
>
>second, yes, in US CDR printing is NOT available...in this case, Epson is
>NOT a better choice, but ONLY one...

0
Bill
2/23/2005 5:45:01 PM
Bill Helbron wrote:
> Ooops!

ops indeed...lucky you ended up alive...!
BTW...i AM very pleased with my ip4000... and i DO hate Epson.. don't ask me
why...i don't know...just i DO...you know...Canon owners MUST hate
Epson...and vice versa...

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:30:57 +0100, "SleeperMan"
> <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:
>
>> Bill Helbron wrote:
>>> I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message
>>> that many of you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously
>>> considering replacing my old 760, but have one concern. I understand
>>> that the CD printing feature is not available in the US. Is this
>>> true? If so, is there a better Epson choice?
>>>
>>> Bill
>>
>> First of all, watch out for you life if you say EPSON ip4000...it's
>> CANON ip4000 :-)))
>>
>> second, yes, in US CDR printing is NOT available...in this case,
>> Epson is NOT a better choice, but ONLY one...

0
SleeperMan
2/23/2005 5:50:04 PM
If you absolutely need CD Printing in the U.S. the only choice is
Epson.  However, my friend bought an Epson for that reason and prints a
lot of CDs.  He is now on his third machine because there is a problem
with the feed mechanism.

Bill Helbron wrote:

>I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that many of
>you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously considering replacing my
>old 760, but have one concern. I understand that the CD printing feature is not
>available in the US. Is this true? If so, is there a better Epson choice?
>
>Bill

0
measekite
2/23/2005 6:42:00 PM
I like my Canon IP4000 and I do not hate Epson.  I think that Epson's
are ink hogs, the ink costs more, and I am not in favor of permanent
print heads.  But I also like my Epson 4180 scanner that I chose over
Canon scanners.  I also like my HP 990Cse inkjet printer for business
use.  It has the best quality draft on the market but somewhat slower
than the IP4000 lightning fast draft.

SleeperMan wrote:

>Bill Helbron wrote:
>

>>Ooops!
>>

>ops indeed...lucky you ended up alive...!
>BTW...i AM very pleased with my ip4000... and i DO hate Epson.. don't ask me
>why...i don't know...just i DO...you know...Canon owners MUST hate
>Epson...and vice versa...
>

>>On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:30:57 +0100, "SleeperMan"
>><SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:

>>>First of all, watch out for you life if you say EPSON ip4000...it's
>>>CANON ip4000 :-)))
>>>
>>>second, yes, in US CDR printing is NOT available...in this case,
>>>Epson is NOT a better choice, but ONLY one...

0
measekite
2/23/2005 6:51:57 PM
Hmmm, know anyone living overseas..?? Or maybe even in Mex or CA?

Why would Canon exclude the US models for CD printing??

Bill Helbron wrote:

> I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that many of
> you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously considering replacing my
> old 760, but have one concern. I understand that the CD printing feature is not
> available in the US. Is this true? If so, is there a better Epson choice?
>
> Bill
0
Xiccarph
2/23/2005 7:05:54 PM
In article <Y74Td.186$C47.21@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
measekite  <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
>If you absolutely need CD Printing in the U.S. the only choice is
>Epson.  However, my friend bought an Epson for that reason and prints a
>lot of CDs.  He is now on his third machine because there is a problem
>with the feed mechanism.
>
>Bill Helbron wrote:
>
>>I've seen a lot of reviews in this newsgroup and get the message that many of
>>you are very pleased with your IP4000. I'm seriously considering replacing my
>>old 760, but have one concern. I understand that the CD printing feature is not
>>available in the US. Is this true? If so, is there a better Epson choice?
>>
>>Bill

I've seen purpose-built machines that print on CDs for $99.  Maybe
the're just B&W. I didn't look. Picking a photorealisic printer that's
good and has reasonable cost consumables is hard enough without adding
the requirement to label CDs. My $0.02.

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
0
adykes
2/23/2005 7:35:08 PM
measekite wrote:
> I like my Canon IP4000 and I do not hate Epson.  I think that Epson's
> are ink hogs, the ink costs more, and I am not in favor of permanent
> print heads.

hmmm...Canon too does have permanent head...
It's just ...well, first thing is chipped carts...

But I also like my Epson 4180 scanner that I chose over
> Canon scanners.  I also like my HP 990Cse inkjet printer for business
> use.  It has the best quality draft on the market but somewhat slower
> than the IP4000 lightning fast draft.

> SleeperMan wrote:
>
>> Bill Helbron wrote:
>>

>>> Ooops!
>>>

>> ops indeed...lucky you ended up alive...!
>> BTW...i AM very pleased with my ip4000... and i DO hate Epson..
>> don't ask me why...i don't know...just i DO...you know...Canon
>> owners MUST hate Epson...and vice versa...

0
SleeperMan
2/23/2005 7:41:20 PM
In article <u%4Td.9481$F6.1823490@news.siol.net>, SleeperMan@too.sleepy
says...

> hmmm...Canon too does have permanent head...
> It's just ...well, first thing is chipped carts...

The Canon head is not "permanent" and can be replaced in less than a minute.

It is a simple "lift out" proceedure.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

Epson heads should, at least in theory, last for the life of the
printer.  Some do fail due to what I believe to be a design flaw.  That
majority will give you many years of printing, although they may require
cleaning to keep them from clogging.

Art

Larry wrote:

> In article <u%4Td.9481$F6.1823490@news.siol.net>, SleeperMan@too.sleepy
> says...
>
>>hmmm...Canon too does have permanent head...
>>It's just ...well, first thing is chipped carts...
>>

> The Canon head is not "permanent" and can be replaced in less than a minute.
>
> It is a simple "lift out" proceedure.

0
Arthur
2/24/2005 1:31:14 PM
In article <CGkTd.4642$38.3289@clgrps12>, artistic@telus.net says...
> The Canon head is usually referred to as a semi-permanent head, in that
> it lasts several or even many cartridges.  It is not a regular
> consumable, and it's cost is an indication of that, however, it will
> eventually fail, as the nature of thermal heads is to break down over
> time with use.
>
> Epson heads should, at least in theory, last for the life of the
> printer.  Some do fail due to what I believe to be a design flaw.  That
> majority will give you many years of printing, although they may require
> cleaning to keep them from clogging.
>
> Art

Being a user of Canon printers for a VERY long time, (since before the BJC-
600) I may have something to contribute:

Going back to the S8## printer series and continuing into the i950, i960 all
the way to the ip3000/4000 et al, a sudden lack of a certain color in the
printout that doesnt seem to clear up after repeated head cleanings can
sometimes be cured this way:

1. Remove ink cartridges

2. Wet a swab with distilled water and Ammonia (about 2 to 5 % mix is good)

3. Carefully, VERY carefully clean the area around the ink-inlet hole in the
catridge holder.. DO NOT CLEAN THE INTAKE HOLE THIS WAY!!!! just the area
around it.

4. Using an eye-dropper or small syringe drip ONE DROP of the water/Ammonia
onto the intake hole.

5. Re-assemble with good, full cartridges.

6. Run a few cleaning cycles.

After doing this there is a good chance the printer will return to full
functionality.

It appears that after a half dozen or so cartridge changes, enough inky
"crud" can build up around the intake and prevent a good "seal" at the
cartridge/mount interface (seems to be rubber), thus allowing the print-head
to get air along with the ink.  For some reason this seems to happen around
the "Magenta" intake more than others (at least for me).

I hope someone finds this helpfull.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.
Larry wrote:
> In article <u%4Td.9481$F6.1823490@news.siol.net>,
> SleeperMan@too.sleepy says...
>>
>> hmmm...Canon too does have permanent head...
>> It's just ...well, first thing is chipped carts...
>>

> The Canon head is not "permanent" and can be replaced in less than a
> minute.
>
> It is a simple "lift out" proceedure.

Aaaa...understood...
however, when head died on my i550, cost of new was 80% of ip4000...

0
SleeperMan

Printer driver missing from Epson Web site for Epson 2200 printers
There's no appropriate printer driver on the Epson Web site for Epson Stylus Photo printers using OS 10.4x. There are printer drivers on the page for Intel-based Macs using OS 10.4x, but my computer is a Quicksilver desktop G4, which is not Intel-based. (http://epson.ca/cgi-bin/ceStore/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14402&prodoid=20306147&infoType=Downloads&platform=Macintosh) The two following drivers appear to be the closest, but neither one is the right one. I wrote to Epson about this oversight, but I haven't heard back from it yet. Does anyon...

Epson Printer Utility, where did my printers go?
I've tried Googling this issue but there is precious little information (that I can understand) out there. I recently had my TiBook upgraded to OSX Tiger. I cannot print to either my Epson Stylus 777, or the C60, as the jobs stop themselves every time I try. In the past, I would open up trusty Epson Printer Utility, determine what the problem was, and fix it. Well, I was able to find my printer utility, but there are no printers in the list and I'll be damned if I can figure out how to make them appear there. My system was upgraded using a site license so I do not ...

Overclock Epson printer ? What makes a printer speedy ?
Hi, My beloved Epson 580 only suffers from its speed (well, lack of, I mean). I wonder if there's a way to "overclock" a printer. I mean, what makes a difference in speed between two printers, say Epson. Is it just a different motor ? If so, is it really cheaper to have so many different motors as speed increases in the range. Is it build-in memory ? Could the printer be slowed down because its "cheap" build would not bear greater speed, like processors are (tested to give them their actual speed). Thanks. The most common reason one printer is faster ...

BEWARE EPSON UK censoring or blocking printer reviews that point to shoddy support and service
I wrote an honest inoffensive detailed response to an Epson 7890 Wide Format Printer review request from Epson. They obviously don't like honesty which puts their entire own website review system into disrepute. Which I guess applies to many home grown reviews. Treat with caution and try to find independent review sites. So I shall give my review here which will hopefully filter into the real world. 1: The 7890 is a very nice machine but huge and very heavy. It's a four man job to move it but NO HANDLES or lifting points are provided. So if you think you might have it upst...

Printer Ink

PS Printer Management vs. Epson Printer Management
Why, on many of the prints I make, I must use Epson's color management, rather than PS's color management, to get a print that most closely matches my monitor? I have an Epson 1280 that I've profiled using GretagMacbeth's Eye-One system. I profiled it for Epson's Premium Photo Glossy paper and MIS inks. Too frequently, when I run a test on 4x6 Epson Premium Photo Glossy paper (soft-proofing is a waste of time for me), I find that, using my profile & letting PS manage the printing, that the print fails miserably to match my monitor's image. (I recalibrate & prof...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Printer Head blocked in Epson Stylus C 45 printer......
I have been using Epson stylus C 43 SX and Epson stylus C45...But every now and then they get blocked heads.....Now they are not covered under warranty....?? What can I do to run them again...???Please tell me a way out...from Raj craftsofwood(at) yahoo (dotta) com..posting here will also do... Raj from India wrote: > I have been using Epson stylus C 43 SX and Epson stylus C45...But every > now and then they get blocked heads.....Now they are not covered under > warranty....?? What can I do to run them again...???Please tell me a > way out...from Raj craftsofwood(...

Epson paper ONLY on Epson printers?
My packet of Epson Profession Media Premium Luster Photo Paper bear the warning: "Caution: This media is manufactured for use with EPSON inkjet printers only. Using this paper with other printers or copiers may cause hardware damage." How could the paper cause hardware damage to, say, an HP inkjet printer? That seems to be implied in such a broad warning. They could have said: "This media is manufactured for use with inkjet printers only." Mason C Well, first off, I think you are correct that the major concern is that the pape...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

New Canon iPF 5000 photo printer better than Epson K-3 printers??
Hi all. I just came across this very favorable review of a new Canon photo printer with 12 (yes, twelve) ink carts. http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml. The reviewer is very positive on this printer and sees it as a strong competitor to the Epson 4800. What do you all think? Check out the cost of cartridges! Oh, the review didn't speak about a capability to print on CDs. :) Joe Average ...

Canon iP4000 and Epson C84 Printers
This week, the Los Angeles Times has advertisements from Fry's Electronics for a couple of interesting printers. Yesterday, it was the Epson C84, available for slightly _less_ than the cost of replacement ink cartridges for my current Epson C82 printer (about $70 US after mail-in rebate, of course). Today, it is a Canon iP4000 printer, which is said to have a faster print speed rating and to feature "built-in" two-sided printing, which might mean it is available under OS/2. The price is about $130 US + tax. I think I read recently that some Canon printer works...

Which printer is best overall Canon IP4000 or Epson R300
For Disc Prints too? Thanks mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk I chose the Canon ip4000 over the Epson R300 because is was substantially faster, had better photo quality, had better business document quality, had 2 paper feeds, and printed full duplex. Mark wrote: >For Disc Prints too? > >Thanks > >mark@manklow.fsbusiness.co.uk > > > > ...

Epson printer
Hi, I have run out of black ink on Epson Stylus color II. I need extremly to print out a dokument and have no access to a new ink during the coming week. The color ink is good. Is it any how possible to ask to printer that it makes the black color from the color ink and print the document? Thanks, Mojtaba (mojtabat at start dot no) Mojtaba wrote: > I have run out of black ink on Epson Stylus color II. I need extremly to > print out a dokument and have no access to a new ink during the coming week. > The color ink is good. Is it any how possible to ask to printer t...

About Epson printers
hi, this is slightly off the topic, but, do any of you know how to refill an epson cartrage? I"ve taken one apart, and seen how it works, but i dont know how to refill it!!! On 14-Apr-2007, "Nish" <niishy2000@gmail.com> wrote: > this is slightly off the topic, but, do any of you know how to refill > an epson cartrage? I"ve taken one apart, and seen how it works, but i > dont know how to refill it!!! Most refill kits come with a wealth of instructions for each brand (and variant) of cartridge design. Look at your cartridge, look in the ins...

Epson Printer
Does the Epson StylusPRO 7600 work with AutoCAD? nothing really works with anything in the cad world news.earthlink.com wrote: > Does the Epson StylusPRO 7600 work with AutoCAD? > > probably Marty, because you're not smart enough to make it work...everything in my CAD world works fine... Dave ps: if you don't have a constructive answer to a post, why not work on your CAD setup that doesn't work instead... "Marty" <TheBird@crazy.scientist.com> wrote in message news:Weicd.71591$3C6.2648028@news20.bellglobal.com... > nothing really works with anything in the cad world > > > news.earthlink.com wrote: > > Does the Epson StylusPRO 7600 work with AutoCAD? > > > > > ...

epson printer
I am having trouble getting an epson photo 830 printer to work with Slackware and Mandrake 9.1. (I can dual boot to either). Can anyone advise. Is it because I cannot specify which port the printer is installed on? Any advice would be welcome. I must point out that my comptuter savvy is not very great . Niall ...

Printer trays.....network printers
Still having a problem here... If I define a Xerox printer with two Ldev nos, with data_intray=1 on one ldev, and data_intray = 4 on the other, I can send interleaved spool files to them and it works beautifully. If I remove data_intray = 4, and try to use setup_file=x.hpenv where x contains <Esc>&l4H (PCL for use lower tray), nothing works, it doesnt even rotate to landscape (understand that part). If I embed the esc sequence in the data at start it works, but thats not a viable solution. In fact if I send the tray value anything from 2 to 5, it uses bottom tray. I want t...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD ...

Phaser printers and LED printers
I have need to purchase, for a small office environment, a printer for color brochures. It needs to handle speeds in the 10-20 pages per minute range and mainly for letter size paper. Target price is $1000-1200. I prefer something other than inkjet printers for this application, and recent color laser printer output I've seen is quite good. There seem to be several models from the major manufacturers available for under a grand, but they seem to cluster around 4 pages per minute in color, which is too slow. We will be printing runs of a few hundred pages at a time, probably...

Epson Printers
I need to replace my old printer Epson Stylus Color 800 with a new one. I idenfied Epson Stylus Photo R300 as potential candidate. I'll use the printer every time and then and not all days. What does it happen if R300 works for few days and then stops for 2 weeks or more and so on? With color 800 I had great problems as printer was spending more time in cleaning itself than printing and in any case after the first year the quality started to drop down and I've never been able to restore the printing quality at the original level. Silvano In article <20d8d822.041212071...

Epson printer
Windows XP, I have Epson CX5400 everything connected and work fine, I replaced the cartridges, It printed twice, then All I get blank papers. I unistalled and reinstalled the printer, rested evrything, it still doesn't work. Help please. thank you. <lejeu@excite.com> wrote in message news:1138505146.786483.166740@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Windows XP, I have Epson CX5400 everything connected and work fine, I > replaced the cartridges, It printed twice, then All I get blank papers. > I unistalled and reinstalled the printer, rested evrything, it still > doesn...

Web resources about - Epson IP4000 Printer - comp.periphs.printers

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Engineering students invented a 'pancake printer' that takes breakfast to the next level
It's Pancake Day! And what better way to celebrate than with the modern marvel that is this machine that will create pancakes in any shape you ...

How 3D printers are changing plastic surgery
The new technology is allowing patients to see a preview of their new faces before going under the knife