Epson printer stylus color 600 only works with Epson 440 software ?

My Epson stylus color 600 will not print with the software from my CD
or Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus
440 software it will print. Any reason for this to happen.  I have
windows 98.
0
Charles

Some of the older Epson drivers tended to not uninstall fully, sometimes
causing corrupted drivers or remnants from drivers portions from other
printers to interact with one another.

In some cases, the only fix is to ask Epson for a list of all the driver
parts and locations and manually go through and remove them and then
reinstall.

If the printer appears to be printing with its normal feature set on the
440 drivers, it may not be worthwhile changing anything.

Art

Charles wrote:

> My Epson stylus color 600 will not print with the software from my CD
> or Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus
> 440 software it will print. Any reason for this to happen.  I have
> windows 98.
0
Arthur

Epson printer stylus color 600 only works with Epson 440 software
My Epson stylus color 600 will not print with the software from my CD or Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus 440 software it will print. Any reason for this to happen. I have windows 98. ...

Epson color Printer 600 only works with Epson 440 software ?
My Epson stylus 600 will not print with the software from my CD or Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus 440 software it will print. Any reason for this to happen. What OS and what driver version do you have for the 600? "news.thelink.net" <HH2W7U33-ZB1YNZYH-CGE7PV9B-BCGXHH6V-DDWBLHFC@> wrote in message news:mlqjj09941s0f4inpgrmekor80am01ef4u@4ax.com... > My Epson stylus 600 will not print with the software from my CD or > Epson website. It only says printer is idle. Now with Epson stylus 440 > software it will print. Any reason...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

WinXP Drivers for (Aging but Good) Epson Stylus Color 600 Inkjet Printer
I have a wonderful 7-year-old Epson Stylus Color 600 printer. I know it's not as fast as the current crop, and maybe it doesn't match their drop count, but on slick paper it still prints photos magnificently. I recently built a new computer and installed WinXP, but the drivers that came with the printer won't install on the new OS. Epson hasn't yet posted XP drivers on its website, and XP's built-in drivers don't offer the settings I've become used to. I understand Win2000 drivers probably will work, too, only those aren't available at Epson's site, ...

10.3 "EPSON Printer Utility" desn't recognize Epson Stylus Color 777
"EPSON Printer Utility" (/Library/Printers/EPSON/Utilities/) in Panther show the printer window but the not list the USB Epson Stylus Color 777. However I was able print on this printer. For time to time I need to clean the printer nozzle. I can can do it in OS 9, but I want work in Panther. What can I do ? In article <abz-1811031618020001@192.168.1.3>, abz@videotron.ca (Alain Birtz) wrote: > "EPSON Printer Utility" (/Library/Printers/EPSON/Utilities/) in Panther > show the printer window but the not list the USB Epson Stylus Color 777. > However I was ab...

Is printing from DOS boot disk supposed to work through LPT1 with an EPSON Color STYLUS 880 Printer?
Someone told me that booting to DOS with a boot disk will not let me print even with type filename.txt > lpt1 and print key. Is it because of lack of printer drivers? I always thought printers had a standard to work without driver in DOS. I was puzzled why it didn't work now, but it worked in the past. Maybe because I had an old HP 560c Deskjet printer and IBM ProPrinter X24LE(?) dot matrix printer. Thank you in advance. :) -- "None preaches better than the ant, and she says nothing." --Ben Franklin /\___/\ /...

Printer driver missing from Epson Web site for Epson 2200 printers
There's no appropriate printer driver on the Epson Web site for Epson Stylus Photo printers using OS 10.4x. There are printer drivers on the page for Intel-based Macs using OS 10.4x, but my computer is a Quicksilver desktop G4, which is not Intel-based. (http://epson.ca/cgi-bin/ceStore/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14402&prodoid=20306147&infoType=Downloads&platform=Macintosh) The two following drivers appear to be the closest, but neither one is the right one. I wrote to Epson about this oversight, but I haven't heard back from it yet. Does anyon...

Epson 600 Stylus Colour Printer
I have an Epson 600 Stylus Colour printer which hasn't been used in awhile. I think the heads are blocked. Rather than going out and buying some expensive cartriges I injected Isopropanol alcohol into the cartriges hoping to act as a cleaning solvent. How do I get this thing to print a test page when it is not hooked up to a computer? Is there a more effective way to clean the heads or am I just looking up a horses butt? Thanks. On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 21:10:34 GMT, Ed Majden <epmajden@shaw.ca> wrote: > I have an Epson 600 Stylus Colour printer which hasn't...

Printer Head blocked in Epson Stylus C 45 printer......
I have been using Epson stylus C 43 SX and Epson stylus C45...But every now and then they get blocked heads.....Now they are not covered under warranty....?? What can I do to run them again...???Please tell me a way out...from Raj craftsofwood(at) yahoo (dotta) com..posting here will also do... Raj from India wrote: > I have been using Epson stylus C 43 SX and Epson stylus C45...But every > now and then they get blocked heads.....Now they are not covered under > warranty....?? What can I do to run them again...???Please tell me a > way out...from Raj craftsofwood(...

Epson Stylus CX Printer Still Not Working
Hello, I purchased one of the cartridge reprogramming devices & sucessfully reprogrammed ( or reset) all 4 cartridge chips. Then figuring that since the printer has sat unused for over 8 month that the nozzles might be clogged. So I purchased a black cartridge from Cartridge World, & still the printer works, but nothing gets printed. Is there something that needs to be reset? Or does something else need to be done? Mostly I just need the black cartridge to work - Epson Stylus CX 4600. forex10@yahoo.com wrote: > Hello, > I purchased one of the cartridge reprogra...

FA: EPSON STYLUS 980 Color Printer
EPSON STYLUS 980 Color Printer. Fast and reliable workhorse printer, in great shape! Auction ends November 9th. Thanks for looking! (click or copy the link below to see).. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14303&item=3439089958 ...

Epson paper ONLY on Epson printers?
My packet of Epson Profession Media Premium Luster Photo Paper bear the warning: "Caution: This media is manufactured for use with EPSON inkjet printers only. Using this paper with other printers or copiers may cause hardware damage." How could the paper cause hardware damage to, say, an HP inkjet printer? That seems to be implied in such a broad warning. They could have said: "This media is manufactured for use with inkjet printers only." Mason C Well, first off, I think you are correct that the major concern is that the pape...

Looking for a good HP/Epson printer that is similar to Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX...
This Sunday, I am going to buy a new printer from a local retail store (Fry's Electronics, Costco, Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, Office Depot, Staples, The Good Guys, etc.) in Los Angeles, CA area. I have narrowed down to Hewlett Packard and Epson brands. I am still having a hard time picking specific models to get for my requirements. From what I read and heard, these two brands will do well. Both http://www.salescircular.com/ca.shtml and http://ads.myoc.com/onlineads/common/generic-search-handler.jsp?keywords=Frys (Fry's ads) have a large selection of printers on sales, but ...

Need service manual for epson stylus color printer
Please post in PDF ...

Free Epson Stylus Color 880 and 860 Printers
Free for the cost of shipping (if you are in the Pittsburgh area, we can meet someplace). The 880 has one of the color nozzles clogged, but prints black ok. The 860 is clogged on all nozzles. If you want these for parts or to try to get them fully functional, they're yours. Both have original packaging, installation software and manual. -- Tom Weiss You know they can probably be cleaned for about $25 per printer with a set of cleaning cartridges? "Tom Weiss" <af151@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:Tc9bd.2585$NX5.1396@newsread3.news.atl.earthli...

BEWARE EPSON UK censoring or blocking printer reviews that point to shoddy support and service
I wrote an honest inoffensive detailed response to an Epson 7890 Wide Format Printer review request from Epson. They obviously don't like honesty which puts their entire own website review system into disrepute. Which I guess applies to many home grown reviews. Treat with caution and try to find independent review sites. So I shall give my review here which will hopefully filter into the real world. 1: The 7890 is a very nice machine but huge and very heavy. It's a four man job to move it but NO HANDLES or lifting points are provided. So if you think you might have it upst...

A3 printer recommendation to replace Epson Color Stylus 3000
Hi all, I made the mistake of purchasing an Epson Stylus Color 3000 about 3 years ago which I have forever had problems with trying to print - mostly with paper handling problems. My wife is an artist (http://www.jahama.co.uk if anyone is interested) an wants to print off prints of size A3 (and ideally larger) with a very high quality. I am struggling to find a suitable replacement and having not looked at printers for around three years would appreciate it if anyone could provide any recommendations. thanks and regards Mark >Hi all, > >I made the mistake of pur...

Printer driver for Epson Stylus 200 'Color'?
Which of the many Epson drivers Printers provides is appropriate for this printer? There doesn't seem to be one designated for it. Trying to get an old one going, but if I'm not sending the appropriate signals ... - not much chance! Anyone using one? John -- John Williams, Brittany, Northern France - no attachments to these addresses! Non-RISC OS posters change user to johnrwilliams or put 'risc' in subject for reliable contact! Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/ Somewhere nice to stay in Brittany? http://petit.four.free.fr/visitors/locate In messag...

Epson Color Stylus 740 injet printer
When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this problem? I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing parts of the black pattern. Regards Brian Hi Brian Based on the model you have quoted the printer is probably well out of warranty so I suggest that you e-mail Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> and ask him for help, he will e-mail you an excellent manual that will almost certainly help. If it is under warranty then call your nearest Epson service agent or the supplier of the printer for advice. Tony Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote: >When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridge that >pattern is missing in places. The colour pattern prints OK. >Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try in order to fix this >problem? >I've tried using the printers "clean" option but it is still missing >parts of the black pattern. > >Regards Brian Did it print OK before changing the cart? Did you completely run out of ink before changing the cart? OEM or aftermarket cart? Need a little information, please. "Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message news:o8co71d03rl59i3689arft0tjqsag96v33@4ax.com... > When I print the test pattern after replacing the black cartridg...

Epson Stylus c66 Printer all colour's except the Magenta are working.
Hi' I have a Epson Stylus c66 Printer i am still on the original cartridges but the Magenta cartridge has ran out however the status monitor say's its still got some left. I reset the chip's in all the cartridges and refilled them, All colour's except the Magenta are working. Anyone know the best way of getting the Magenta working. TIA Simon Likely, one of two things happened. Either the Magenta still had ink in it, but the head clogged, appearing to be "out of ink", or your printer misjudged how much ink was in it and it totally ran out of ...

Epson Printer Utility, where did my printers go?
I've tried Googling this issue but there is precious little information (that I can understand) out there. I recently had my TiBook upgraded to OSX Tiger. I cannot print to either my Epson Stylus 777, or the C60, as the jobs stop themselves every time I try. In the past, I would open up trusty Epson Printer Utility, determine what the problem was, and fix it. Well, I was able to find my printer utility, but there are no printers in the list and I'll be damned if I can figure out how to make them appear there. My system was upgraded using a site license so I do not ...

Error connecting epson stylus color printer on usb (debian,kernel 2.6.7)
When connecting the epson printer to usb (the same printer connected to parallel works fine) i have this messages on /var/log/syslog logfile: Oct 1 10:31:04 pippo kernel: usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using address 2 Oct 1 10:31:04 pippo kernel: usb 3-1: device not accepting address 2, error -71 Oct 1 10:31:04 pippo kernel: usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using address 3 Oct 1 10:31:04 pippo kernel: usb 3-1: device not accepting address 3, error -71 and obviously: cat cipolla > /dev/usb/lp0: /dev/usb/lp0: No such device Usb system should work fine as i have a mouse and a sol...

Any local retail stores selling ink cartridges for an old Epson Color Stylus 880 printer?
I seem to have troubles finding new ink cartridges from local retail stores for this old Epson Color Stylus 880 printer these days. I am in Los Angeles area. According to Epson's Web site, Office Max and CompUSA stores have them, but they don't appear to. Is anyone else having this problem? Thank you in advance. :) -- "Don't be no Ant-Man. An Ant-Man has very low horizons." --unknown /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant's Quality Fo...

Printing does not work reliably under RedHat FC1 with gimp-print and Epson stylus photo 890 printer
Hi, I am running RedHat Fedora Core 1 with cups and gimp-print using an Epson stylus photo 890 printer connected via USB. When it works, it is a pleasure and a joy to work with, the equal of anything available under MS-Windoze. But when it fails, the only way to clear the problem seems to be to remove the queue from cups, shutdown the printer, cycle power on the machine, then recreate the queue. When the subsystem hangs, I can try running escputil and it, too, will hang. In fact, a kill -9 will not unhang it, I have to reboot. Frequently, when the subsystem hangs, there are two or t...

Web resources about - Epson printer stylus color 600 only works with Epson 440 software ? - comp.periphs.printers

Software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer software or simply software is any set of machine-readable instructions that directs a computer 's processor to perform specific operations. ...

Questioning Software
I first attempted to use HealthCare.gov to learn about options for covering my granddaughter, who is not covered by my employer-subsidized insurance. ...

Lessons Learned by a Solo Entrepreneur - Software by Rob
... is written by Rob Walling, a serial web entrepreneur. He writes about startups, internet marketing, SEO, and other topics that interest software ...

Renaissance Software
We help individuals and companies to apply state of the art design and process technologies to both embedded and non-embedded software development. ...

Business of Software
Checking form... [x] Receive Updates Search Boston 2012 October 1st-3rd Earlybird tickets from $1,695 Register Earlybird rate available for: ...

Scaling Software Agility - Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell
Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell

Software on the Side
While I was at Ancestry.com, we used the StrengthsFinder assessment to give us insights into ourselves. If you haven’t taken it, I highly recommend ...

The Famous Software Company - Development Blog
A year ago I was looking for an app that enabled me to stream audio from iTunes to my iPhone. I was sharing an apartment at the time, and in ...

A Software Insider's Point of View
Innovative CIO’s Betting On Disruptive Technologies That Impact Enterprise Business Value In the Four Personas of the Next Gen CIO published ...